What kind of buff would you give Plague?

Just went back to trying to play my girl after a while of not playing her because of how buggy she was.

(Apparently you still can't get survivors sick for some reason during some instances)

After playing a couple of matches with her, I got to wondering what kind of buffs she could get.

For me, I feel that her Corrupt Purge should do more. It is afterall her deadliest ability. An idea I had was that since her Vile Purge contaminates gens, her CP could damage gens in a similar fashion to how Pop does, but on a smaller scale. The reason why I think this would somewhat help her is because she already has to go (sometimes to the opposite side of the map) and consume it.

Another idea I had was that she could consume her CP from a distance, similar to how Oni picks up his blood orbs but maybe from a bit of a greater distance.

These were just some thoughts that pop into my head while playing her. Adiris is such an interesting character to me, and I really would love to see her get some attention at some point.

What do you avid Plague players think?

Comments

  • None she is in a decent position. She is not weak, but not overpowered.

    1. Can remotely collect her Corrupt Purges.
    2. Fully infected/broken players have the Oblivious status effect.

    This would go along way. She needs help.

    Her issues are terrible time efficiency, no map pressure, and survivors denying her power.

  • They need to fix the hit registration. But im not sure whether i like the corrupt purge activation over a distance. Right now cleansing far away is a good counter, so without that i think less people would cleanse.

    My problem with plague is that i dont know how lethal her corrupt purge against good survivor is, bc there are not many survivor which are experienced against plague. Additionally her lethality depends on the structures a lot. Strong short wall loops are useless against her and make some maps really strong for her. So bc of that i dont know how much you should buff her corrupt purge without making it broken.

  • My main problem with her is, is that she is boring. For both sides - as Killer, if the Survivors dont cleanse, you are an M1-Killer with Instadown but no power. As Survivor, if the team does not cleanse, you lose Bloodpoints, because you cannot heal people.

    She is alright strength-wise, not too weak but also not too strong.

    However, they really need to nerf her Corrupt Purge. It is just stupid strong, when she has it, she can basically ######### a whole team over, which is the reason why many Survivors dont cleanse. You see how strong it is when Survivors prefer to stay injured the whole game without any way of hiding their location.

    So they should nerf her Corrupt Purge, but also give an incentive to cleanse. Something like going down after a certain amount of time (outside of a Chase) while being fully infected or a big Slowdown. Something which does not force you to immediatly cleanse, but makes you actually want to cleanse.

    I guess, this would help her a lot, a Survivor Team would not get demolished if people cleanse and Plague would have more access to her Corrupt Purge.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    None she is in a decent position. She is not weak, but not overpowered.

    @Trickstaaaaa

    Fair enough, though I do agree she isn't weak, I don't think she is in a decent spot considering she suffers from the same problem Trapper does, which is that her power is basically spread out throughout the map which makes it considerably disadvantageous for her.

  • Activate corrupt after a certain amount of vile infections, be able to use a fountain regardless of if it's been used or not by a survivor.

    So, say after x amount of vile infections, you can use one fountain to get corrupt.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2172947#Comment_2172947

    @Trickstaaaaa

    Fair enough, though I do agree she isn't weak, I don't think she is in a decent spot considering she suffers from the same problem Trapper does, which is that her power is basically spread out throughout the map which makes it considerably disadvantageous for her.

    Trapper is way weaker than her. She can shoot her power from a distance, she can get survivors to a one hit status with her vomit. Trapper is the second weakest character in this game, not a good comparison because he has no power while she does even without her vile vomit.

  • @Blueberry said:

    1. Can remotely collect her Corrupt Purges.
    2. Fully infected/broken players have the Oblivious status effect.

    This would go along way. She needs help.

    @Blueberry

    Something we can both agree on. 😂

    I agree that broken status just seems kind of... there. So I would love to see another status added to broken, or like the more you stay broken you gain x/y/z status.

    I would love to see her be able to at least like I said be able to collect CP from a distance. An animation like old Freddy's when he put survivors to sleep, but for Plague she would just pull and consume her Corrupt Purge.

  • The only thing she needs is fixed robbed hits and her 1 fountain spawning in a centralised area.

  • They need to improve the mechanics behind the Corrupt Purge. It is so inconsistent and really annoying to hit survivors.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2172947#Comment_2172947

    @Trickstaaaaa

    Fair enough, though I do agree she isn't weak, I don't think she is in a decent spot considering she suffers from the same problem Trapper does, which is that her power is basically spread out throughout the map which makes it considerably disadvantageous for her.

    They aren't really comparable. Plague can keep using the same fountains over and over, forcing survivors to come to her to cleanse as they corrupt the outer ones. Trapper can't force survivors to bring him his traps.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2172974#Comment_2172974

    Trapper is way weaker than her. She can shoot her power from a distance, she can get survivors to a one hit status with her vomit. Trapper is the second weakest character in this game, not a good comparison because he has no power while she does even without her vile vomit.

    @Trickstaaaaa

    I wasn't comparing their stats, I was comparing their powers in that they are so spread out, when they already suffer from map pressure issues.

    If Trapper wants to set a trap, he needs to go to x/y/z location to pick up that trap, if Plague wants her CP, she needs to go to x/y/z location to collect her CP. that is what I am comparing.

  • I like the idea of making her green bile make already-regressing gens regress faster (though it would not stack with Ruin). A Survivor can clean the goop off a gen by working on it, but doing so will increase their sickness.

    I also think an incentive to cleanse would be nice. This is maybe overkill, but the Pig main in me thinks "What if a Survivor DIES if they remain fully sick for too long?" That way, they HAVE to eventually cleanse. I'd definitely be okay with some trade-offs like making it so you can just cleanse on the go (it takes maybe a second or so to drink some pool water, and five or so seconds after you drink the water, you are fully healed similar to Anti-Haemorrhagic Syringe) or even nerfing the Corrupt Purge if need be. It wouldn't be like the Jigsaw Boxes where you have to find the correct pool or some nonsense; just cleanse at a pool and you're good to go.

  • @TicTac said:

    They need to fix the hit registration. But im not sure whether i like the corrupt purge activation over a distance. Right now cleansing far away is a good counter, so without that i think less people would cleanse.

    My problem with plague is that i dont know how lethal her corrupt purge against good survivor is, bc there are not many survivor which are experienced against plague. Additionally her lethality depends on the structures a lot. Strong short wall loops are useless against her and make some maps really strong for her. So bc of that i dont know how much you should buff her corrupt purge without making it broken.

    @TicTac

    I am not being specific about the distance btw, I think even a 10 meter range would be ok without making survivors feel they can no longer counter it. Sometimes the problem with how far apart these pools spawn is atrocious. Especially once you realize which ones to cleanse from.

    A good survivor will dodge her puke via LoS. Since I have played her for a long time, I can pretty tell where it will hit me and where it won't. Someone not experienced enough might not realize that though. That goes for any killer's power though.

    I don't think adding (for example) damage to gens would make it broken tbh. Just anything that would help her. I think thematically it would make sense since her VP already contaminates them, but it's just an idea of course.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/248461/what-kind-of-buff-would-you-give-plague

    Plague needs no buff,she just has a high skill level cap,just practice more with her.

    @Aexel

    Do you mind me asking where you are getting those stats?

    I've always thought she was mid-low tier, definitely not over mid-level. IMO

  • @TAG said:

    I like the idea of making her green bile make already-regressing gens regress faster (though it would not stack with Ruin). A Survivor can clean the goop off a gen by working on it, but doing so will increase their sickness.

    I also think an incentive to cleanse would be nice. This is maybe overkill, but the Pig main in me thinks "What if a Survivor DIES if they remain fully sick for too long?" That way, they HAVE to eventually cleanse. I'd definitely be okay with some trade-offs like making it so you can just cleanse on the go (it takes maybe a second or so to drink some pool water, and five or so seconds after you drink the water, you are fully healed similar to Anti-Haemorrhagic Syringe) or even nerfing the Corrupt Purge if need be. It wouldn't be like the Jigsaw Boxes where you have to find the correct pool or some nonsense; just cleanse at a pool and you're good to go.

    @TAG

    Actually Pig came to mind when I was thinking of ideas. I think a huge part of why cleansing just isn't as devastating as some people make it out to be is because it also heals them. This is a BIG advantage to them, considering you usually need a medkit to heal or a teammate, and also how out-positioned you have to be in order for Corrupt Purge to actually feel lethal.

    I don't know if staying broken for too long should kill a survivor, but I definitely think that it should add another status as @Blueberry pointed out.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2172951#Comment_2172951

    @Blueberry

    Something we can both agree on. 😂

    I agree that broken status just seems kind of... there. So I would love to see another status added to broken, or like the more you stay broken you gain x/y/z status.

    I would love to see her be able to at least like I said be able to collect CP from a distance. An animation like old Freddy's when he put survivors to sleep, but for Plague she would just pull and consume her Corrupt Purge.

    Basically yeah.

    Being fully infected/broken isn't enough of a downside. She's then just an m1 killer with no power, extremely tall, large TR, and super loopable. Even in solo queue we can have all the gens done before we even run out of pallets.

    People don't realize how inefficient with time Plague is. They think her Corrupt purge is so amazingly strong which it is decent, but it's not hard to loop a corrupt purge plague. Especially since she is forced to respect every pallet. Also people just look at the time it takes to down survivors with corrupt, without factoring in the time you spent getting them infected in the first place and having to go pick it up. When you add in those time wasters her corrupt is actually extremely slow in downing.

    Of course last she has no mobility or things really slowing down the game which gives her near zero map pressure.

    Everything she can do there are other killers that do it significantly better.

  • 1.) Improve her hitboxes for the puke (regular and corrupt) so that it don't phase through people without any effect anymore. Increasing the speed of her projectiles would be very helpful, too.

    2.) Enable her to suck dry fountains from any distance, combine that with a channel time which grows in duration the further away the selected fountain is. If she stands in front of the fountain, make drinking almost instant. The addons which make drinking faster should affect her channel time instead.

    3.) Give sick survivors a debuff to their repairspeed, anything that can help at slowing down the game is direly needed on Plague.

    4.) Give her addons which alter the handicaps sick survivors receive - those can include effects like oblivious, blindness, broken and many more. Removing the heal from fountains should be possible, too. In return Plague loses the ability to suck dry fountains from distance.

    Feel free to stack any of these ideas with each other.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173008#Comment_2173008

    Basically yeah.

    Being fully infected/broken isn't enough of a downside. She's then just an m1 killer with no power, extremely tall, large TR, and super loopable. Even in solo queue we can have all the gens done before we even run out of pallets.

    People don't realize how inefficient with time Plague is. They think her Corrupt purge is so amazingly strong which it is decent, but it's not hard to loop a corrupt purge plague. Especially since she is forced to respect every pallet. Also people just look at the time it takes to down survivors with corrupt, without factoring in the time you spent getting them infected in the first place and having to go pick it up. When you add in those time wasters her corrupt is actually extremely slow in downing.

    Of course last she has no mobility or things really slowing down the game which gives her near zero map pressure.

    Everything she can do there are other killers that do it significantly better.

    The kind of survivors that wreck Plague are the kind of survivors that beat everyone but tournament killers, including casual Spirits and Nurses.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173034#Comment_2173034

    The kind of survivors that wreck Plague are the kind of survivors that beat everyone but tournament killers, including casual Spirits and Nurses.

    No, they just have to be semi decent and time efficient.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173041#Comment_2173041

    No, they just have to be semi decent and time efficient.

    "time efficient" being the operative word there. Anything less than a genrushing tournament squad is fair game for a good Plague.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173046#Comment_2173046

    "time efficient" being the operative word there. Anything less than a genrushing tournament squad is fair game for a good Plague.

    I think that's a stretch. The standard of how time efficient you need to be to win against Plague is much more lenient than most killers with how bad her time efficiency is. Her time efficiency is some of the worst in the game.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173108#Comment_2173108

    I think that's a stretch. The standard of how time efficient you need to be to win against Plague is much more lenient than most killers with how bad her time efficiency is. Her time efficiency is some of the worst in the game.

    It's not a stretch. I'm a Plague main. I know my girl and what she can do.

  • She's fine, she just needs a little technical fix with her projectile so that you can reliably hit with it, instead of it being dumb luck if the survivor manages to somehow dodge between the projectiles that appear to be a continuous stream of vomit.

  • No Buff, Plague is perfectly fine. In the right hands, Plague can be one of the best killers in the game (Arguably)

  • Plague is really hard to play, she doesn't need buffs as much as she needs players who play her well. Very few players manage to actually get decent worth from her corrupt purge and it takes them ages to down with it.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    My main problem with her is, is that she is boring. For both sides - as Killer, if the Survivors dont cleanse, you are an M1-Killer with Instadown but no power. As Survivor, if the team does not cleanse, you lose Bloodpoints, because you cannot heal people.

    She is alright strength-wise, not too weak but also not too strong.

    However, they really need to nerf her Corrupt Purge. It is just stupid strong, when she has it, she can basically ######### a whole team over, which is the reason why many Survivors dont cleanse. You see how strong it is when Survivors prefer to stay injured the whole game without any way of hiding their location.

    So they should nerf her Corrupt Purge, but also give an incentive to cleanse. Something like going down after a certain amount of time (outside of a Chase) while being fully infected or a big Slowdown. Something which does not force you to immediatly cleanse, but makes you actually want to cleanse.

    I guess, this would help her a lot, a Survivor Team would not get demolished if people cleanse and Plague would have more access to her Corrupt Purge.

    If they nerf it then what would be the point using it?

    I guess a shorter duration if the survivors are actually forced to cleanse, but anything else would Main event it.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173124#Comment_2173124

    It's not a stretch. I'm a Plague main. I know my girl and what she can do.

    Agree to disagree I guess. I play a lot of Plague as well.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173028#Comment_2173028

    If you know how to properly use her vomit she is insane,having everyone infected and forcing them to cleanse.

    @Aexel

    Still didn’t answer the question, where did you get those stats?

    I use her properly, but she lacks map pressure therefore even if someone cleanses from across the other side of the map it is meaningless if I am chasing a survivor who is on the complete opposite side of that fountain.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173148#Comment_2173148

    Agree to disagree I guess. I play a lot of Plague as well.

    I was thinking after a survivor becomes fully infected, the green infection meter on the survivor becomes a red infection meter.

    Once the survivor's red infection meter fills, which would take considerably longer than the time it takes to fill the green infection meter, it would cause the incapacitated status effect.

    To compensate, plague wouldn't get a fountain for free and would probably need to do something with Corrupt Purge.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Just went back to trying to play my girl after a while of not playing her because of how buggy she was.

    (Apparently you still can't get survivors sick for some reason during some instances)

    After playing a couple of matches with her, I got to wondering what kind of buffs she could get.

    For me, I feel that her Corrupt Purge should do more. It is afterall her deadliest ability. An idea I had was that since her Vile Purge contaminates gens, her CP could damage gens in a similar fashion to how Pop does, but on a smaller scale. The reason why I think this would somewhat help her is because she already has to go (sometimes to the opposite side of the map) and consume it.

    Another idea I had was that she could consume her CP from a distance, similar to how Oni picks up his blood orbs but maybe from a bit of a greater distance.

    These were just some thoughts that pop into my head while playing her. Adiris is such an interesting character to me, and I really would love to see her get some attention at some point.

    What do you avid Plague players think?

    Buff her BP gain and sort her emblems out, and buff the Amulet family of addons because they suck, even the purple one only gives 8 seconds (compared to Oni's power duration addons which are AMAZING). Base kit, leave her alone. She's great as she is <3

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173216#Comment_2173216

    I was thinking after a survivor becomes fully infected, the green infection meter on the survivor becomes a red infection meter.

    Once the survivor's red infection meter fills, which would take considerably longer than the time it takes to fill the green infection meter, it would cause the incapacitated status effect.

    To compensate, plague wouldn't get a fountain for free and would probably need to do something with Corrupt Purge.

    I like the idea. I honestly don't think that sounds so strong that you would need to touch anything about the free fountain or corrupt though. She'd probably even need more.

  • Her power is controlled by survivors. No cleanse = no power. Cleanse too fast cause losing all corrupt fountain.

    1. I would at least remove the reset all corrupt fountain. So at least she's actually the one who control her own power.
    2. Instead her corrupt has cool down and do 10 charge on survivor if they're close, or use a single one with they're far. I would make her able to use 4 full charges per fountain, no cool down.


  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Just went back to trying to play my girl after a while of not playing her because of how buggy she was.

    (Apparently you still can't get survivors sick for some reason during some instances)

    After playing a couple of matches with her, I got to wondering what kind of buffs she could get.

    For me, I feel that her Corrupt Purge should do more. It is afterall her deadliest ability. An idea I had was that since her Vile Purge contaminates gens, her CP could damage gens in a similar fashion to how Pop does, but on a smaller scale. The reason why I think this would somewhat help her is because she already has to go (sometimes to the opposite side of the map) and consume it.

    Another idea I had was that she could consume her CP from a distance, similar to how Oni picks up his blood orbs but maybe from a bit of a greater distance.

    These were just some thoughts that pop into my head while playing her. Adiris is such an interesting character to me, and I really would love to see her get some attention at some point.

    What do you avid Plague players think?

    Honestly, none. But if I were to change anything make her vomit a little more clear on what its actually hitting. I know how her powers hitboxes work but it should be better represented with the animation. I'm kind of sick of seeing survivors recoil like they were and take nothing which was probably a lag thing but even so I've definitely sprayed a stream and the person got lucky and all the hitboxes missed.

  • I'm fine with her gameplay, barring the hit registration. The only thing I truly want changed about her is her Deviousness points. Girl struggles to get 4-5k even in a game where she uses her power like crazy, gets tons of Corrupt Purge downs, pukes on every survivor she sees. Needs more points for infecting objects, successful infections, and CP hits.

    Edit: Oh! Almost forgot. Instead of having her fountains reset, the CP auto-activation should only consume one fountain at random. At worst, make it consume 2 or 3 fountains. The Plague shouldn't be able to prevent survivors from being able to cleanse, but I dislike that all of her built up power can be removed by several survivors choosing to cleanse at once. Sometimes you're put in a position where you have to abandon a chase just to keep survivors from neutering your power.

    Also, if a survivor cleanses and you immediately pick up a fountain before CP activates, it'll still wipe your fountains a few seconds later. Fix that.

  • I don't think she really needs a buff, she is in a pretty good spot.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173303#Comment_2173303

    I like the idea. I honestly don't think that sounds so strong that you would need to touch anything about the free fountain or corrupt though. She'd probably even need more.

    Yeah, we could make the infection into phases, identical to madness.

    • Phase 1: Just infected, you cough a lot. Performing actions progresses infection at the normal rate.
    • Phase 2: Broken, you cough and puke at random. Performing actions progresses the infection at half the normal rate.
    • Phase 3: Incapacitated, you cough and puke at random. Maximum progression.

    This would help out plague, wouldn't be too oppressive and if so, we can even things out.

  • Honestly giving her a different free hat to choose from that doesn't add like a foot to her character model's height would help her mindgame and land m1 hits at loops.

    As for making her feel more fun/better to play: add debuffs for staying sick for extended periods of time to further incentivize cleansing but make sickness passive buildup slower. Thanatophobia helps but games where survivors all have Dead Hard and just stay sick all game are incredibly boring.

    I also think that stuns removing Corrupt Purge is kind of silly.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173303#Comment_2173303

    yes,lets make plague overpowered because no reason,chill

    I don't need to chill, I'm just offering ideas and feedback, as the forum is intended for. If you disagree with me, which is completely acceptable, it would be nice of you to give me feedback on my suggestion:

    • Tell me what you like / dislike about my suggestion
    • Tell me your thoughts on the plague
    • Tell me what you would change about her, if anything

    Otherwise, I can't take you seriously if you're not going to put any effort into this discussion (and I'll likely just drop the discussion entirely). Like, I need more information than just:

    Let's make plague overpowered because no reason...

    This doesn't tell me anything on why you feel this way, I can't explain myself if you're not willing to explain yourself. 🤷‍♂️

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173587#Comment_2173587

    Being able to incapacitate someone just for getting them infected is crazy,honestly there's not much to do,if you buff her in any way now she becomes overpowered,maybe make her vomit aim better and her speed while charging purge faster.

    That's better, I appreciate this greatly!

    I understand, I didn't want to increase numbers and call it a day. I want a semi-rework to make her interactive and slightly more powerful.

    Your idea works, don't get me wrong, but it wouldn't be the most creative thing because plague will still remain as a M1 killer after all survivors are infected. My idea aims at making the survivors cleanse after a while, or face very adverse effects, such as being incapacitated. It would take some time reaching that point, maybe more than I give credit for. Survivors will have a lot of time to prepare beforehand, but as you mentioned and rightfully so, we can tone down the plague's power if this is too powerful.

  • Survivors stay exhausted when broken

    The whispers when corrupt purge is active are not loud

  • While I do like the idea of applying further status effects the longer you remain infected, I'm not sure I like it as a continuation of the meter. Rather, I don't like the notion that the Plague could immediately bring you to supermax infection just by really determinedly vomming on you - that could be too oppressive. I'd previously toyed with a similar notion, where once you hit max infection, you have a timer that applies Exhausted if you don't cleanse in 2 minutes and Hindered if you don't cleanse in 4. Or maybe instead of status effects, 5% action speed penalty per minute fully infected. Plague's choices remain the same as usual, but survivors have ramping incentives to cleanse over time.

    Incapacitated is a neat effect to use like this. It could be unexpectedly nasty if it procs when survivors are in the middle of cleansing a hex, or have a gen mostly done but Ruin is up and the nearest fountain that the Plague doesn't really, really want you to cleanse in is a 45 second round trip away. Which could just mean survivors need to calculate how much time they have to work before their options are taken from them, and that becomes part of the experience playing against her... but I'm not sure I entirely like that survivors would be outright forced to cleanse in order to continue progressing objectives? I'm more fond of effects that make survivors decide it's in their best interests to cleanse than one that goes "stop, you're useless until you do this" - effects survivors might choose to ignore if the Plague is busy somewhere else and there's something very pressing to do now.)

    (Though hindered has its own problems tacking onto her kit. Apart from being super overpowered if the Plague can trigger it at will, it'd make you very susceptible to being camped and farmed off hook. But besides those, I liked the idea of it not stopping you from anything you were doing in the trial, but becoming a death sentence if you didn't cleanse by the time the Plague found you again. Overall, good survivors are just much too comfortable staying injured for the entire trial.)

  • Survivors using a fountain should take a considerably increased amount of time, this isn't you gargling mouthwash and spitting it out right away, you're diseased!

  • Fix her hitboxes god lord!