LGBTQ survivor/killer when?

I really wish dbe would hurry up with the character. Weve gotten so much hetero representation, why not the LGBTQ community too? Its been almost a year, and oh boy is BHVR taking their time.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162831#Comment_2162831

    The reasoning is actually very simple:

    • LGBTQ+ people deserve to be treated the same as their heterosexual counterparts.
    • The developers have included heterosexual pairings in the lore (Frank and Julie, David and his ex, the Nurse and her husband, the Nurse and the Wraith etc.)
    • Therefore, LGBTQ+ people should get the same representation.

    By all means, you're free to feel as though sexuality has no place in a horror game. Although this must extend to encompass the heterosexual pairings too - where was the outcry when the Nurse was confirmed to have a husband?

    If you want to talk about sexuality in a horror game, or any genre. All I'm wanting is that the sexuality of a character should be mentioned if it plays a bigger role. Because making someone gay or bi, without it playing a role in their life is beyond pointless and just adds something that we could of gone without. So am I for a gay or bi character in the game, sure Idc as long as their character doesn't have to:

    1. Completely revolve around being Gay or Bi
    2. Be added, just because but doesn't play at least a little role.
  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162836#Comment_2162836

    I'd rather there be a reason for things to be the way they are so the community can further relate or understand to a character, scenario, etc., not something that's just thrown in for the hell of it.

    The devs aren't Chekhov, there's always going to be a ton of irrelevant details.

    Also, wasn't Trapper's dad's mine where he killed his employees, and how Evan came to be who we know him in the game?

    Yes, and that was thrown in for the hell of it. Could've just as easily been something else, or even nothing at all.

    You really don't know the writers of this game very well then, do you? They are actually very careful as to what they put into the game, so the mine could represent a large amount of things, and was made of importance in trapper's tome.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162847#Comment_2162847

    So is it really my fault to have a slight thought that maybe Trickster is either Bi or Gay? Is that wrong of me to think that?

    When there's no mention of that and you're just going off of stereotypes? Yes, absolutely. I don't remember the name, but a user here commented that he'd been bullied for being "feminine", so he was stereotyped as "gay".

    Stereotyping is demonstrably harmful.

    I mean if he acts feminine-

    Wait why are we talking about this?!

    Who cares about this guy, if he acts feminine then thats him, bullies are just selfish pricks that hate their lives. So why does it matter?

  • @JimboMason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162852#Comment_2162852

    You really don't know the writers of this game very well then, do you? They are actually very careful as to what they put into the game, so the mine could represent a large amount of things, and was made of importance in trapper's tome.

    I don't think so

    Did you read Nurse's Tome? The whole Eugenics controversy?

    It was really out of place and tone-deaf.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162836#Comment_2162836

    Someone’s experience with their sexuality can also have a direct impact on who they are.

    Pretty much what I mean, I want there to be purpose within the details, not just lazy inputs.

  • @JimboMason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162833#Comment_2162833

    Actually, there is, Nurse wanted to start a family with the man she loved, she wanted to start a life of joy and freedom, Andrew was the key to that, but when he died, he became the key piece into nurse's descent into madness, pain, and torment.

    Edit: also the fact that andrew was the supplier of the two

    Fun fact: They're fictional. The devs wrote this story out, included it, and gave her that reason. They could have made her want to support her family or seek a career in being a nurse rather than have her need the job after her husband passed. They did not have to mention that she was married or married to a man.

    When people ask for representation, this is what we mean. Their sexualities don't need to be a huge thing, but having a female killer mourn over her dead female lover in her bio and lore, or being a turning point just like the Nurse.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162879#Comment_2162879

    I don't think so

    Did you read Nurse's Tome? The whole Eugenics controversy?

    It was really out of place and tone-deaf.

    This.


    Her tome was clearly not thought out well as there should have been clear signs that this was a betrayal of the character and extremely unpleasant, even for a horror game.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162879#Comment_2162879

    I don't think so

    Did you read Nurse's Tome? The whole Eugenics controversy?

    It was really out of place and tone-deaf.

    The nurse's tome was terrible, the direction they wanted to go in was pretty bad, I agree, but the tome had the elements of telling a great story.

  • @B_Random said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162869#Comment_2162869

    I mean if he acts feminine-

    Wait why are we talking about this?!

    Who cares about this guy, if he acts feminine then thats him, bullies are just selfish pricks that hate their lives. So why does it matter?

    So why does it matter?

    Did you completely miss the last line of my comment or something? Read it again. If that doesn't answer your question, then be more specific about what your question is.

  • @JimboMason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162873#Comment_2162873

    Pretty much what I mean, I want there to be purpose within the details, not just lazy inputs.

    I think that it would be great if they had a new character that had their sexuality as an important factor in making them who they are, such as Yui’s experiences with stalking and violence against women.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162769#Comment_2162769

    Let's treat each other like adults here. Nobody assumes David might be anything but straight. It's disingenuous to claim "Well, but he could still be straight!". We all know that's not what the devs were going for, so let's stop pretending otherwise. He's not a real person with an ongoing life, he's a fictional character whose personality traits exist as strings in a video game's code. He was written to be straight.

    Which is why I said I personally believe he is straight. But I still won't claim it so anywhere unless the devs say so themselves.

    The LGBT community is always all over David/Dwight and while I don’t believe either of them are gay or bi, I could see the devs hinting to something along those lines in future lore. Specifically to please the audience. Will I think they will do it, probably not, but I definitely wouldn't negate it.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162847#Comment_2162847

    It’s not wrong to think that he could be, but it’s also not really a good thing to assume.

    I guess and an assumption are two different things. I want to say he's gay, could I be wrong? Of course, would it surprise me? A little but I'm not saying: "He has a very flashy attire, so he's gay!"

    I'm not saying that.

  • @JimboMason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162884#Comment_2162884

    The nurse's tome was terrible, the direction they wanted to go in was pretty bad, I agree, but the tome had the elements of telling a great story.

    The concept for a backstory of a killer isn't bad necessarily

    It's rather that it retroactively ruined the Nurse's original backstory and ruined what sympathy you could have for the character since for a long time she was considered to be one of the more tragic killers

    Her Tome seemed to have turned her from 'Suffering woman who snaps' to 'Woman who believes her patients need to die to cull them' or something like that. I'm pretty sure it was so bad the writers addressed it on twitter or something but I can't back that up

  • @Deviri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162857#Comment_2162857

    Fun fact: They're fictional. The devs wrote this story out, included it, and gave her that reason. They could have made her want to support her family or seek a career in being a nurse rather than have her need the job after her husband passed. They did not have to mention that she was married or married to a man.

    When people ask for representation, this is what we mean. Their sexualities don't need to be a huge thing, but having a female killer mourn over her dead female lover in her bio and lore, or being a turning point just like the Nurse.

    Wait do you half agree with my point or disagree with it, I understand its fictional but I'm talking about the themes and deeper details that we were given, and why things are the way they are.

  • @Demogorgeouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160018#Comment_2160018

    Nurse and wraith are a comfimed couple. Theres a few others i cant remember, but yeah

    5BC84D98-D11D-45C3-A576-09EE26F0CF40.jpeg

    Lol

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162885#Comment_2162885

    I think that it would be great if they had a new character that had their sexuality as an important factor in making them who they are, such as Yui’s experiences with stalking and violence against women.

    I agree with this, it would remind me of Snakebite Andi in doctor sleep a little bit

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162876#Comment_2162876

    1. Being LGBTQ+ is a very personal and individual experience. It's something that all of us (LGBTQ+ people) interact with differently and express in different ways. For some people it's a big part of their life, for other's it's something they're fairly indifferent to. Whether or not someone's sexual orientation or gender identity has played a big "role" in their life doesn't make them a better or worse example of LGBTQ+ representation. Maybe their identity as a queer person will have a large impact on the character the developers choose to write, maybe it won't - would it really make a big difference either way?
    2. How would a character "completely revolve around being Gay or Bi"? Why would this be a bad thing if it were the case? I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I'm just genuinely curious as to why this would be an issue.
    3. We have lots of things in the lore that really don't play a large role in the characters we see currently. For example, was it necessary that Dwight used to deliver pizzas? Couldn't he have been a waiter, or a cleaner? Would it have really changed the character we see and play? I ask this because at the end of the day, lots of the lore is arbitrary. What's wrong with the lore just being the way it is, just because - must there be a full-on explanation for every minute detail?

    For point #2, I believe it's because people want characters that are more than simply 'They're straight' or 'They're gay'. They don't want Lazily made characters that are one note. That's why I would say having a character purely revolve around it would be a bad thing but it's not LGBT exclusive because if you had a character who's ONLY (and I do mean only) thing is 'he's a straight guy' then I think you'll take no issue with me saying that is the most boring concept for a horror character I can think of

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162892#Comment_2162892

    The concept for a backstory of a killer isn't bad necessarily

    It's rather that it retroactively ruined the Nurse's original backstory and ruined what sympathy you could have for the character since for a long time she was considered to be one of the more tragic killers

    Her Tome seemed to have turned her from 'Suffering woman who snaps' to 'Woman who believes her patients need to die to cull them' or something like that. I'm pretty sure it was so bad the writers addressed it on twitter or something but I can't back that up

    Yea they wanna do a rewrite, sucks that the tome we got kinda ruined sally for me, hopefully if we do get a rewrite its good.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162876#Comment_2162876

    1. Being LGBTQ+ is a very personal and individual experience. It's something that all of us (LGBTQ+ people) interact with differently and express in different ways. For some people it's a big part of their life, for other's it's something they're fairly indifferent to. Whether or not someone's sexual orientation or gender identity has played a big "role" in their life doesn't make them a better or worse example of LGBTQ+ representation. Maybe their identity as a queer person will have a large impact on the character the developers choose to write, maybe it won't - would it really make a big difference either way?
    2. How would a character "completely revolve around being Gay or Bi"? Why would this be a bad thing if it were the case? I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I'm just genuinely curious as to why this would be an issue.
    3. We have lots of things in the lore that really don't play a large role in the characters we see currently. For example, was it necessary that Dwight used to deliver pizzas? Couldn't he have been a waiter, or a cleaner? Would it have really changed the character we see and play? I ask this because at the end of the day, lots of the lore is arbitrary. What's wrong with the lore just being the way it is, just because - must there be a full-on explanation for every minute detail?
    1. "How would a character "completely revolve around being Gay or Bi"? Why would this be a bad thing if it were the case? I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I'm just genuinely curious as to why this would be an issue."


    Because from a writing stand point, if their character revolves around being gay or bi, their character is = Gay or Bi. In other words, they have no character. They don't have morals, they don't have layers, they're just one thing and only that thing.

    Thats why it's not a good idea to have a character revolve around 1 specific thing, in this case their sexuality. Because 1 sided characters can't relate to other people, so nobody will care enough for that character because there's not much else to that character.

  • I thought the survivors with different outfits were different versions from other dimensions. So any survivor could have ANY orientation.

  • Holy baby Jesus, this thread has 20 pages?!

    Is this the largest non-pinned thread on the forum?

  • @JimboMason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162890#Comment_2162890

    Wait do you half agree with my point or disagree with it, I understand its fictional but I'm talking about the themes and deeper details that we were given, and why things are the way they are.

    Probably a bit of both tbqh.

    I agree with you in saying that a relationship in a game like this should serve a purpose to the story. That's why I said I just want a character who mentions, in their Bio, Archive, and Add-ons, that they are trans or gay. That's it.

    However, I disagree with that saying that diversity can be represented through charms, cosmetics, events, etc., because as seen with the Nurse and Felix, the DBD devs do write relationships out for their characters. They do think of things like that, and so there's no reason not to include a homosexual relationship or a trans character. They've included straight characters in their lore, in pieces that are out in the open and unavoidable, so why not do that with a gay one.

    Don't hide it in the charms or the events or flavor text. We got it loud and clear that the Nurse was at least in a straight relationship, so why can't we get that for someone else.

  • @Deviri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162908#Comment_2162908

    Probably a bit of both tbqh.

    I agree with you in saying that a relationship in a game like this should serve a purpose to the story. That's why I said I just want a character who mentions, in their Bio, Archive, and Add-ons, that they are trans or gay. That's it.

    However, I disagree with that saying that diversity can be represented through charms, cosmetics, events, etc., because as seen with the Nurse and Felix, the DBD devs do write relationships out for their characters. They do think of things like that, and so there's no reason not to include a homosexual relationship or a trans character. They've included straight characters in their lore, in pieces that are out in the open and unavoidable, so why not do that with a gay one.

    Don't hide it in the charms or the events or flavor text. We got it loud and clear that the Nurse was at least in a straight relationship, so why can't we get that for someone else.

    Good point, I'll keep this in mind, and, if I ever gave any bad vibes, I would love for this game to have some representation, I just don't want it to be something that the devs do to look nice.

  • You have to remember BHVR is just a business like everyone else. As long as there's no financial or PR incentive, they probably won't.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162375#Comment_2162375

    I'm trans myself and my question to that is, how would you make a trans character without it being a stereotype/token?

    Another point is that we dont have the lore for all the characters we have in game yet, so we don't know if one of them is going to be LGBT.

    I agree with what someone else said. I think the best approach to someone's LGBT identity is it to be mentioned in the lore, and not in the way the character appears.

    So... The best way to do it is what I've been arguing for for 16 pages of this thread? Why are you trying to argue with me, I literally agree with you

    I'm not trans so I don't feel educated enough to comment on the best for of trans representation, I'm sorry

  • @JimboMason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162375#Comment_2162375

    Unless there is a purpose behind a homo relationship, such as Sally and her husband Andrew, or Felix and his girlfriend (although this one is debatable), love interest is not really needed in this game. We can promote diversity and representation within the game with the use of charms, character cosmetics, events, etc.

    No reason to have Frank/Julie be a thing nor be as prominent as it is in the tome.

    No need for David's ex to be mentioned at all.

    But they were. Why not do the same for lgbtq+ people?

  • @CornHub said:

    You have to remember BHVR is just a business like everyone else. As long as there's no financial or PR incentive, they probably won't.

    The incentive is my gay money.

    I've already spent money on this game for stupid skins, so don't think I wouldn't spend money for Felix wearing a Trans* Flag or Nea with the Lesbian flag. Rub my gay little hands all over this game.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162847#Comment_2162847

    So is it really my fault to have a slight thought that maybe Trickster is either Bi or Gay? Is that wrong of me to think that?

    When there's no mention of that and you're just going off of stereotypes? Yes, absolutely. I don't remember the name, but a user here commented that he'd been bullied for being "feminine", so he was stereotyped as "gay".

    Stereotyping is demonstrably harmful.

    Although we have our disagreements, I do agree that stereotyping is unhealthy, I see so many people call Trickster gay just because of his personality, and it blows my mind.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162801#Comment_2162801

    No reason to have Frank/Julie be a thing nor be as prominent as it is in the tome.

    No need for David's ex to be mentioned at all.

    But they were. Why not do the same for lgbtq+ people?

    Yea, and I think that, besides Julie and Frank to a certain degree, that the information you stated should be removed, since it has no real purpose.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162944#Comment_2162944

    They stated on Twitter it's something they're looking to include in the future.

    Well they sure are taking their sweet time.

  • @JimboMason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162934#Comment_2162934

    Good point, I'll keep this in mind, and, if I ever gave any bad vibes, I would love for this game to have some representation, I just don't want it to be something that the devs do to look nice.

    So honestly the way to do this without coming off as 'pandering' is for BHVR to listen to their audience, speak to actual LGBTQ+ characters, and actually look into the representation they're bringing to the table. They clearly worked hard on All-Kill (regardless of what's thought of with the update), going so far as to talk to actual KPOP stars and people in that industry.

    Researching can only take them so far. They need to actively talk to people in the community to learn. My experiences and wants as a trans man are most likely very different from other trans men's, and so while there is no middle ground it's still a good place to start.

  • @Deviri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162943#Comment_2162943

    So honestly the way to do this without coming off as 'pandering' is for BHVR to listen to their audience, speak to actual LGBTQ+ characters, and actually look into the representation they're bringing to the table. They clearly worked hard on All-Kill (regardless of what's thought of with the update), going so far as to talk to actual KPOP stars and people in that industry.

    Researching can only take them so far. They need to actively talk to people in the community to learn. My experiences and wants as a trans man are most likely very different from other trans men's, and so while there is no middle ground it's still a good place to start.

    Many of the devs are LGBT themselves, just for the record.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162973#Comment_2162973

    Many of the devs are LGBT themselves, just for the record.

    Didn't know that, thank you! The only one I interact with regularly is Mclean and he still won't answer my lore question of "Do the survivors get clean clothes after each Trial?"😫

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162965#Comment_2162965

    Although the cat's already out of the bag, so to speak. The developers could, in theory, remove these aspects of the lore but that doesn't change the fact they were once there.

    There isn't really a way to go back on the heterosexual relationships they put in the lore so the only real logical step is to include LGBTQ+ pairings as well (the way I see it anyways).

    While I see your point, removing unnecessary info allows for more interpretations, which is something that is actually beneficial in the long run

  • I know it’s never going to happen, but I’d die for a gay pride Quentin skin.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162928#Comment_2162928

    Okay I see where you're coming from with this although I still don't really see why it should only be added if it plays a big role.

    Because it could help a character with their struggle, add on to any pain they might feel. Maybe their life was hard because of who they liked. Think of it like Nurse and her Husband, their relationship started to go a bit south and that added onto her already building stress. Imagine it was about a character who's been hurt so much about their sexuality or because they like the same sex, that could add to their stress and ultimately be partly what brought them to their down fall. I'm saying if you want to make a character gay, or bisexual, have that play a minor role in their character so it doesn't feel lazily slapped on there just so that the game or movie or story can be "Up to code" and "PC" just because.

    Since that ultimately can ruin a character. Sexuality of a character should only matter if it helps define that character more or if builds off of their struggle or you know.

    If it's slapped on, then theres no reason it should be there. Like Soldier 76 with Overwatch, the team had confirmed he was gay but it wasn't taken so well because there was no reason for the team to discuss his sexuality. Unlike Tracer who is gay, which also shapes her character in a slight way. It's not a major part, but we get to learn more about her without it blatantly slapped on for no reason and it helps us see another layer to her character without that part being her ONLY LAYER.

  • @JimboMason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162982#Comment_2162982

    While I see your point, removing unnecessary info allows for more interpretations, which is something that is actually beneficial in the long run

    Unless you also erase people's memories, along with every record of the lore, that's not going to work.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161973#Comment_2161973

    That's not really how sexual representation works. Nurse is not confirmed to be straight, she's confirmed to have a heterosexual relationship.

    Be honest: do you actually believe that? Because these arguments are never used except when LGBT representation comes up.

    Ah, perhaps because those arguments only exist in a reference frame of character creations. From a writing perspective, its never good to solidify sexuality for the same reason that it's never good to solidify the sexuality of any human. How many people come out of the closet when they are 30? Sexuality is not something that's static. People can lose interest in certain traits, they can gain interest in other traits. That means that someone who is a total Chad with 95 girlfriends in highschool, while being disgusted by the thought of sharing a bed with another guy. While that same person could be a total Chad 20 years later with 95 boyfriends and be disgusted by the thought of sharing a bed with a girl.

    So yes. As long as sexuality is not confirmed, you cannot use that as an argument. At best, you can complain about the amount of heterosexual relationships vs any other, but lets be real here, we only have what, 5 mentioned relationships in total? Statistically seen, them all being heterosexual relationships is completely fine. There's like a 90% chance of any relationship to be heterosexual(I mean, hyperbole, not accurate number as I am lazy to look up more accurate numbers). So lets say, I have a dice that has a 90% chance to roll a 6. Meaning if I rolled it 5 times in a row, there is 60% chance of you picking all 5 heterosexual relationships at full random. But, we're not dealing with a random cast. We're dealing with a selected cast which easily scews the number. Not only that, we're dealing with a cast from different era's. Era's where homosexual relationships were heavily looked down upon.

    So yes, considering the low amount of (past) relationships that have been confirmed, I dont really see an issue with the current state of affairs. Heck, they have implied some people to have had other relationships or have implied interest in same-sex.

    And that's not even including the fact that demisexual, pansexual, bisexual and a whole list that I cant be bothered with in listing here, that can still be portrayed to be a heterosexual relationship, even though neither of them are straight. Nor the fact that some of the characters are licensed and that their sexuality is bound to their license.

    So all those things considered, yes, confirmation of sexuality matters if we're talking sexual representation.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162997#Comment_2162997

    Unless you also erase people's memories, along with every record of the lore, that's not going to work.

    Good point, but it still allows others who are new to interpret, and older players to get accustomed to

  • @JimboMason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2163004#Comment_2163004

    Good point, but it still allows others who are new to interpret, and older players to get accustomed to

    Yeah, no. Retconning lore because you think it's preferable to just treating people equally is not the way.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    No character should be defined by their sexual orientation. Peoples' personal agendas invade enough of daily life, I like to play video games to get away from them. The Blight may be gay. The Plague may be trans. The Demogorgon may be heavily into amputee porn. I don't care. I don't want to know. It isn't necessary.

    I don't want to see a LBQT killer any more than I want to see a BLM killer, a Trump supporter killer, a pro-life killer, a pro-choice killer, a sanctuary city killer, a white supremacist killer, etc etc etc etc etc. I don't want nor need to have divisive modern-day identity politics applied to the characters in my games for the sake of "inclusion" and arbitrary forced "diversity". All I care about is how they were killed and what made the Entity choose them.

    This is probably a golden comment which should be copy pasted to every similar thread for ever and ever. I like you, you articulated my exact thoughts in a perfect way.

  • Holy crap. I might get tge achievement for most pahes on a post

  • @CornHub said:

    You have to remember BHVR is just a business like everyone else. As long as there's no financial or PR incentive, they probably won't.

    but there is both a profit incentive and a PR incentive. it costs nothing to change a pronoun and would help both immensely.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162944#Comment_2162944

    but there is both a profit incentive and a PR incentive. it costs nothing to change a pronoun and would help both immensely.

    Exactly

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2163021#Comment_2163021

    Yeah no thanks.

    That comment missed the mark completely; I wouldn't say comparing LGBTQ+ (or "LBQT" as they put it) identities with political issues, white supremacy and "amputee p*rn" is "golden".

    Right. They were complaining about their comments being taken the wrong way, but how are we meant to feel about LGBTQ+ being added to the game being compared to adding a Trump supporter?

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    They can put me and my Homosexuall ass into the game. Would be perfect, and I could watch myself die slowly. It would be a win-win for everyone, except David, Felix, Wraith, and Oni who I would never leave alone.

    +rep bro

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2163044#Comment_2163044

    100%. I've read through the whole thread and some of the comments just gave me super uncomfortable vibes - really didn't sit right with me how certain things were worded.

    LGBTQ+ people aren't inherently political - we're just people. It's a shame we're often not seen that way.

    Look, everyone knows the Gays™ are a secret plot by the leftist government to force IDPol on everyone. We're just political statements!

    /s

  • @Demogorgeouse said:

    I really wish dbe would hurry up with the character. Weve gotten so much hetero representation, why not the LGBTQ community too? Its been almost a year, and oh boy is BHVR taking their time.

    What exactly do you want to see in game? I don’t want to go too far even if I share same sins as you, but I don’t think they can do more than lore. Do you want to see something big wiggling under Kate’s skirt? The game shouldn’t have references to sexual content cuz it’s all about kill or be killed and also there are kids playing.

1 … 10 11 12 13