killers aren't Op
how can killers be OP when SWF, trapper and trickster exist?
Buff killers, nerf SWF
how can killers be OP when SWF, trapper and trickster exist?
Buff killers, nerf SWF
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
wow it's almost like the massive power disparity between killers like trapper and killers like nurse contribute to the significant balance issues this game has been dealing with since launch-
wait, lord_tony post, my bad. forgot common sense wasn't allowed here.
buff solos, buff killers.
btw how's ash's lithe going for you?
Just wait until Sluzzy sees this
the problem is all killers must be viable.
and yet killers like trapper and trickster exist to be so laughably weak.
How can killers compete with SWF?
SWF can't complain there is only nurse and spirit killers because it's not our fault they are the only 2 viable killers
question: are we talking about red rank SWF or tournament SWF? because there is a world of difference between them both.
against red rank SWF, every killer is viable. every killer can get 4ks. against tournament SWF, only 2/3 are truly viable, with some others chilling on Struggle Street.
but, how often do you face these tournament SWFs? from watching your VODs- not just the one that got posted but more of them because i was genuinely curious about how you play + the teams you face- it doesn't seem to be all too often. if the game was balanced around this highly-competitive nature, the majority of casual players would struggle. badly. both killers and survivors.
the best way to do it is to balance around good rank 1 players. not the best, not the worst, but good, casual players. this would obviously cause imbalance when pushed to the extremes but the best way to make the game balanced without gutting it is to make it balanced for good casual players.
also giving solos the same info as SWF then superbuffing killers + their mechanics. that'd be nice bhvr.
Do you not believe Blight and Hag can compete against SWF?
Swf isn't even that strong it's survivors separating on gens that make them strong , the gens go too quick and unless you slug you probably won't 4k but that's just the reality of playing at high ranks in what the devs have said themselves was a casual game not meant for esports so what do you expect? Survivors to start on the ground? I'm seriously waiting for you to make that thread I think you're the chosen one tony
balancing the game around rank 20 survivors is allowing SWF to steam roll killers.
it's not healthy
No I expect killers to be buffed to be able to compete against SWF
Where does this "the only 2 viable killers are Nurse and Spirit" idea come from?
What's the point of this post? Who was saying killer is op?
I wonder.. if sluzzy & lord_tony are the same person intentionally causing division in the dbd community & on the forums. It’s just a theory, A DBD THEORY.
Did I say rank 20s? Please re-read my comment and repeat it word for word.
Well you haven't replied so I'll do it myself.
I didn't.
I know reading is hard but come on man I literally said rank 1.
Laziness and ignorance, mostly. Both of them are extremely easy compared to Blight, Oni, Plague, Huntress, etc. You kind of just switch your brain off and rely on muscle memory. Other killers can't do that.
There's also the fact that Spirit and Nurse are two of the three killers (Blight being the third) that can sort of counter the predrop-and-W meta, but the significant majority of players don't play like that because even they find it dull.
Tournaments, mostly, where killers that aren't Nurse and Spirit struggle immensely as the survivors there are coordinated and incredibly good. Hag gets her Web destroyed as soon as she picks someone up, Blight is good but can be looped kinda, Pyramid Head gets rushed to oblivion, etc. Nurse and Spirit aren't on Struggle Street so they're seen as the only 2 viable killers.
Except the majority of the game isn't competitive but hey who cares about logic it's time to complain.
I’m tired of the division that people like him & sluzzy cause. The best thing to do: ignore him & sluzzy. let them both talk to themselves In The replys. They both feed off attention & it’s time to starve them both of it.
SWF being op lmao
right now (and I will say it cause I have the bawls to say it), dbd isn’t too in knee deep in balance hell, few trickster buffs and trapper buffs and a good portion of the killer roster is balanced
I agree. The community is already divided enough we don't need more of it.
Let’s talk about something else & COMPLETELY IGNORE lord_tony; don’t even respond to him. I’m curious, what do you guys think think who’s going to come in the resident evil chapter , what perks you think we’ll see, & other changes we’ll see?? :D
I vote we talk about donkeys but mods don't like it when we go off topic so maybe we shouldn't
Oof, let’s make a post then in non related dbd section of the forum. :) I didn’t know mods didn’t like that. Better than feeding lord_tony attention
You think he's under a blood curse to complain about SWF every day or he withers away?
I wish it were that easy, but people will still reply because of their unawareness of who they are. Best we could do is make a post signaling everyone to stop giving them attention, but that's probably not allowed on here and the post will probably not get traction.
@glitchboi Next time sluzzy &/or lord_tony posts we’ll make one post to warn all of what they’re getting in to. Their smurfs/alts included
Good idea.
It’s been long overdue.
you know not every SWF is strong right??
bro you're like a broken record at this point.
get to red ranks and the entire game is a sweat fest with only 2 viable killers
But SWF is in fact stronger than killer.
Free 5th perk
Free aura reading
Free killer location callouts.
Whatever you say
Some killers are pretty much impossible to make viable against the highest level.
They are reworking killers too. Doctor, clown and bubba are all pretty good now
*Flash back to the four times I got 4k with Trapper*
Nah, I like a challenge :p
P.s: In case if anyone's wondering why I'm not taking this seriously...
Well it's a LordTony post.
Enough said.
True but the fact alone you're using comms is a huge deal. I've been part of a chill SWF for a while now. We don't care about winning or getting the gens done but the fact we know who's being chased, where the killer is, what the killer is doing, who's going for rescues, etc... has a massive impact on the game. While we aren't sweating, we are still coordinated. Slap on the fact that we're also pretty solid loopers and suddenly there's a lot of pressure on the killer (and we're not even trying to be efficient with gens!). And that's why SWF is so strong.
Granted, everything gets a lot easier when you run into a complete potato SWF, but if people know what they're doing, everything gets a lot harder for the killer.
Doesn't mean that there's some stupid killers out there that don't need addressing though. Deathslinger and Spirit still want to make me put my brain in a blender but I'd say that slowly but surely we're getting at a spot where the balance is fine. Freddy for example will be a lot more bearable in the future. Though, they did recently introduce 2 new annoying killers aka Trickster and Twins. They're not even that strong really, they're just such a pain to go against.
Most killers can beat a good SWF if theyre skilled enough. We've all seen you play at this point. The problem isn't the survivors, I can tell you that now.
Oh my-
Sluzzy posts feel more creative than Lord_Tony.
Dude, make something more interesting, like MEDKIDS SHOULD NOT EXIST or ADD MORE GENS TO REPAIR.
oh so you got 4k as trapper once that means he's not weak and underpowered.
Cool
Uhhh complaining about survivors is a horror movie trope with some killers.
Four times actually, hun.
You might want to read over stuff twice before commenting :)
It just needs a little more perseverance than other killers to get there.
But you do you.
I mean, he started talking about how you shouldn't balance around rank 20s when I said to do so around good but casual rank 1 players so I'm not convinced Reading comprehension was his strongest subject in school
You are just not good at the game without any learning curve. Just accept that and have fun with your limited abilities and dont care too much about balance of topics which you dont understand.
Much better than just opening a Rant Thread every few hours. The game is not as imbalanced as some people claim.
Yes, I noticed that.
:)
The amount of passive aggressive energy in that single :) has honestly just extended my life by 20 years
That was totally not my intention.
Is there like a metaphorical 'undo button' for that ageing?
No it didn't age me it extended my life its a good thing aa-
No there's no undo button you've cursed me to live 20 more years what a shame
Can I have a passive aggressive :) so that I can increase my life expectancy by twenty years too?
No :)
Thanks, dude!
Just like this post of yours:
Otz gets 50 or 100 wins in a row.
Lord_Tony: "seems about right"
Otz loses 1 match.
Lord_Tony: "OMG this game is so survivor sided dskhgdshg arghhghg"