How to make clown more viable? its simple.

So as we all know clown get a rework recently that basically gives him a new yellow bottle.

Thing is that Clown needs more further than that. Yellow bottles in practice are bassically weaker than his normal one and they less used. Even for map control 10% movement speed for 5 seconds? that's not that great despite that for example movement speed boost for other killers like(Twins,Wraith,Blight,etc are much much bigger.)

So my idea is to give a yellow bottles more chance to be used. And for doing that i propose a very simple solution.

Bassically to make his 2 amazing addons his base kit.

1.Cigar Box This could give a clown apportunity to to use his yellow bottles much often and make his second bottle more viable. Addon could now boost his aura reading for example 8m.

2.Cheap Gin Bottle 2 more bottles. Just 2 more bottles in his base kit. Addon could now tremendously increased his reload speed.

Remember its just an idea to make weak killer little bit stronger :).

Comments

  • @kaskader said:

    So as we all know clown get a rework recently that basically gives him a new yellow bottle.

    Thing is that Clown needs more further than that. Yellow bottle in practice are bassically weaker than his normal one and they less used. Even for map control 10% movement speed for 5 seconds? that's not that great despite that for example movement speed boost for other killers like(Twins,Wraith,Blight,etc are much much bigger.)

    So my idea is to give a yellow bottle more chance to be used. And for doing that i propose a very simple solution.

    Bassically to make his 2 amazing addons his base kit.

    1.Cigar Box This could give a clown apportunity to to use his yellow bottles much often and make his second bottle more viable. Addon could now boost his aura reading for example 8m.

    2.Cheap Gin Bottle 2 more bottles. Just 2 more bottles in his base kit. Addon could now tremendously increased his reload speed.

    Remember its just an idea to make weak killer little bit stronger :).

    That'd be too strong.

    Clown is a Literal High B tier killer,

    The only thing he needs truly is just one Extra Bottle and that's about it,

    Nothin' too big. Nothin' too small,

  • I think Cigar Box is too strong of an add-on to give to his kit.

    My ideas are as followed:

    • Make the bottle count of Tonics and Antidotes separate, basically allowing you to use an antidote without wasting any tonics.
    • Buff his invigorated speed boost by 5%, making it 15% by default

    Aaaand that's about all I've got.

  • nerf SWF then clown will be fine

  • clown's fine though, it's not his fault you don't understand what his yellow bottles make him capable of and he doesn't need a buff specifically to get you to start using something that ends loops and gets hits that he shouldn't deserve otherwise.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    nerf SWF then clown will be fine

    no

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    nerf SWF then clown will be fine

    I don't think SWF is the problem though, its that he still has no means of actual gen or map pressure besides that of the standard killer formula, even with his bottles.

  • Clown's issue has always been his lack of mobility.

    However, the issue with buffing his mobility is that he has an incredibly strong chase. Since our king @TheClownIsKing is no longer with us, I'll take up the mantle of defending Clown.

    He has incredible chase, perhaps the best of any Killer that isn't Spirit or Nurse, but he has no way to get around the map. If you do add that in, he instantly becomes near that tier of power.

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245718/how-to-make-clown-more-viable-its-simple

    That'd be too strong.

    Clown is a Literal High B tier killer,

    The only thing he needs truly is just one Extra Bottle and that's about it,

    Nothin' too big. Nothin' too small,

    he's still low tier

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    nerf SWF then clown will be fine

    how would you nerf SWF while not making it less fun for people who want to play with their friends?

  • @Pulsar said:

    Clown's issue has always been his lack of mobility.

    However, the issue with buffing his mobility is that he has an incredibly strong chase. Since our king @TheClownIsKing is no longer with us, I'll take up the mantle of defending Clown.

    He has incredible chase, perhaps the best of any Killer that isn't Spirit or Nurse, but he has no way to get around the map. If you do add that in, he instantly becomes near that tier of power.

    Yep.

    People don't realize that Clown would become even worse than Freddy in terms of overtuned kit if we give him mobility on top of his really strong anti-loop power.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2143371#Comment_2143371

    Yep.

    People don't realize that Clown would become even worse than Freddy in terms of overtuned kit if we give him mobility on top of his really strong anti-loop power.

    Precisely.

    People complain about Freddy and Spirit being "too easy" for their level of power but I can only imagine how upset those people would be if Clown got mobility.

    "Toss purple bottle in loop, toss yellow on self, repeat until downed. Speed across map to PGTW gen that proc'd Tinkerer. Repeat until Survivors are dead"

  • I have a simple solution for Clown.

    Instead of the Afterpiece Tonic and Andidote he gets 2 new bottle types.

    The "Rest in piece" Nuke Bottle and the

    "Clown still lives" Shield Bottle.

    Use the Shield Bottle to protect yourself and then use the Nuke Bottle to instantly pulverise anything else on the map.

  • Am I the only person who actually finds clown fun? Like all killers there is a certain way to utilize there abilities. The buff he was given was well needed ( besides removing the exhaustion bottles ) . Its about finding the way you are comfortable playing the killer.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Clown's issue has always been his lack of mobility.

    However, the issue with buffing his mobility is that he has an incredibly strong chase. Since our king @TheClownIsKing is no longer with us, I'll take up the mantle of defending Clown.

    He has incredible chase, perhaps the best of any Killer that isn't Spirit or Nurse, but he has no way to get around the map. If you do add that in, he instantly becomes near that tier of power.

    I wonder why he got banned.

    Back on topic, I would separate the ammo of the tonic and antidote.

    One of the changes I would make is giving the antidote a 1 seconds burst of speed of maybe two and reduce the 10% movement speed duration.

    If it does become to powerful and easy to use, then making antidote only work out of chase making it purely mobility might help in regard of clown lack mobility.

    But these are suggestions I had in mind so it might not be good if it might make it op

  • @Pulsar said:

    Clown's issue has always been his lack of mobility.

    However, the issue with buffing his mobility is that he has an incredibly strong chase. Since our king @TheClownIsKing is no longer with us, I'll take up the mantle of defending Clown.

    He has incredible chase, perhaps the best of any Killer that isn't Spirit or Nurse, but he has no way to get around the map. If you do add that in, he instantly becomes near that tier of power.

    Wait he got banned noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sadge

    I wouldn't say he has near the best chase, but he has a pretty good one. I think personally instead of a mobility tool he should have an area guarding tool, eg if you throw a tonic on a gen the gen progress is 50% slower for about 30 seconds, similar to a plague infection.

  • Give Clown 2 extra bottles basekit and let them recharge overtime slowly while keeping his manual faster reload. Drop his base TR by 4m.

  • I main Clown and for me, each type of bottle should have different loads, 4 each.

  • Make him ride Maurice for mobility

    Ez buff

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    nerf SWF then clown will be fine

    there is no way to nerf SWF without making solo queue suffer even more than they already do.....

  • Clown should either get something instead of the yellow bottle nonsense or it should at least be tweaked heavily. Sure it CAN be useful but it isn't THAT useful when 90% of the time you'll be using his old bottles.

    If they want to keep them on him, remove the downsides of them. No need to give a weak killer multiple downsides to his ability.

  • He doesn't need much at all - I just think they should increase the duration of the invigorated effect by 2 seconds or so. Right now it's worthless for map mobility because of how short it is, and is only useful in a chase - which clown wasn't exactly lacking in before. Plus, it would make survivors actually want to go seek out the clouds to get their 7 seconds of zooming like Almo intended.

  • @IWasLeft2Die my topic about reworking Clown

    @C3Tooth said:

    I like how new Killers have multiple action in their basekit (especially Oni, PH) make them more than just pressing M2 to use power. As rework Freddy & Doctor gave them 2nd ability.

    I would like to see Killers rework will have more ability rather than just raw buff. Here is my list

    Hold M2 to ready to throw bottle. Click M1 to high throw the bottle. Or Release M2 to roll the bottle, +30% max range and speed compared to throwing.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/I4EU700P9N57/image.png

    2nd ability One: Clap bottles. If Clown has 2 or more bottles, he can clap them to make big gas cloud that +75% bigger larger radius

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GNKE8DEVSCLC/image.png

    2nd ability Two: Sniff bottle. Clown can use a bottle to sniff and gain 5% haste for 20sec.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/NAQ54N7PCIUI/image.png

    2nd ability Three: Balloon. Clown can tie a Balloon on a dying survivor, makes them easier to track later.

    If survivor not untie the Balloon, they are easier to be seen.

    Success hit or hooking survivor will cause it exploded (so this ability requires slugging). Survivor can self-untie Balloon for 8sec, or another survivor helps untie Balloon for 4sec, Balloon will also exploded after and cause noise noti to Clown.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BOPXL794YZZL/image.png

    I dont like everything is just a number change, as 1 of a few killers who use Tools rather than power (Trapper, Pig). I feel like its must be more dynamic if Devs add more abilities on how to use the tools.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Clown's issue has always been his lack of mobility.

    However, the issue with buffing his mobility is that he has an incredibly strong chase. Since our king @TheClownIsKing is no longer with us, I'll take up the mantle of defending Clown.

    He has incredible chase, perhaps the best of any Killer that isn't Spirit or Nurse, but he has no way to get around the map. If you do add that in, he instantly becomes near that tier of power.

    Wait did I miss something? What happened to TheClownIsKing?

  • Why not make it so he can drink his bottles? It takes 2 seconds but doesn't get bonuses from addons that effect the Yellow Bottles.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2143371#Comment_2143371

    Wait did I miss something? What happened to TheClownIsKing?

    He got banned. Not sure what for or if its permanent. I think @ClownIsUnderrated also got banned. Pretty much all of the iconic clown people are gone

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2144300#Comment_2144300

    He got banned. Not sure what for or if its permanent. I think @ClownIsUnderrated also got banned. Pretty much all of the iconic clown people are gone

    That's weird, I don't remember them saying or doing anything that could get them banned.

    I know you're not allowed discus bans on here, so I guess I'll leave it with a "that sucks".

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2144306#Comment_2144306

    That's weird, I don't remember them saying or doing anything that could get them banned.

    I know you're not allowed discus bans on here, so I guess I'll leave it with a "that sucks".

    Yeah same

  • @Another_LegionMain said:

    Why not make it so he can drink his bottles? It takes 2 seconds but doesn't get bonuses from addons that effect the Yellow Bottles.

    That would be pretty useless if you can use the bottles well

  • @kickasskiel said:

    Am I the only person who actually finds clown fun? Like all killers there is a certain way to utilize there abilities. The buff he was given was well needed ( besides removing the exhaustion bottles ) . Its about finding the way you are comfortable playing the killer.

    I agree, Clown is really fun once you adapt to his Antidotes.

  • Give him 2 extra bottles, change the addon to instantly reload his bottles upon finishing a break action or hooking a survivor.

    Intoxicated Survivors who are cured by the Antidote become Exhausted for 30 seconds.

    A direct hit with the Antidote on an Intoxicated Survivor cures them instantly, reveals their aura to you, and grants you a +15 % speed bonus for 6 seconds. (Speed stacks with the Antidote gas if you walk through it)


    So you have to use both bottles to get a bonus and in a more interesting way than just knowing when to throw the bottles on the ground. Not sure if this is that good of a buff or op. What do you guys think?

  • All he needs is for his bottles to travel faster in the air. The gasclouds going where they need to go faster would make a huge difference for people learning clown

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245718/how-to-make-clown-more-viable-its-simple

    That'd be too strong.

    Clown is a Literal High B tier killer,

    The only thing he needs truly is just one Extra Bottle and that's about it,

    Nothin' too big. Nothin' too small,

    High B tier? Yeah I dont think he is too bad and he has escaped D tier but he is still low C.

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245718/how-to-make-clown-more-viable-its-simple

    That'd be too strong.

    Clown is a Literal High B tier killer,

    The only thing he needs truly is just one Extra Bottle and that's about it,

    Nothin' too big. Nothin' too small,

    Clown is B-tier?

    uh, even after the rework his issues are still there. He sucks.

  • Clown is decent. I never really understood why some people saw him as "weak". I lost to plenty of clowns. As my brother says his ability is cheap, but it's good.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2143323#Comment_2143323

    High B tier? Yeah I dont think he is too bad and he has escaped D tier but he is still low C.

    I'd say he's low B-tier at best, and at the very least, a high C-tier killer.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    nerf SWF then clown will be fine

    No he won't.

  • Not really. He still poses a threat against Survivors who get cocky against him,

    Trust me.. he doesn't need that much of a buff..

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2143323#Comment_2143323

    High B tier? Yeah I dont think he is too bad and he has escaped D tier but he is still low C.

    @FregglesFred said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2143323#Comment_2143323

    Clown is B-tier?

    uh, even after the rework his issues are still there. He sucks.

    You guys never seen a good clown then that can compete..

    I'll go Stream a clown match with a good loadout. then no perks to show what clown can do and upload it here,

    (Or atleast the Vod..)

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2143399#Comment_2143399

    Not really. He still poses a threat against Survivors who get cocky against him,

    Trust me.. he doesn't need that much of a buff..

    ANY KILLER can pose a "threat" against bad survivors, I've seen people 4k on old Haddonfield with old wraith using no perks or add ons, I've seen BK Myers 4k. Don't get me wrong he's not bad in chase but I wouldn't even say he's top 5 and considering his complete lack of anything else in his kit that's what puts him so low on most peoples tier list.

  • @kaskader said:

    So as we all know clown get a rework recently that basically gives him a new yellow bottle.

    Thing is that Clown needs more further than that. Yellow bottles in practice are bassically weaker than his normal one and they less used. Even for map control 10% movement speed for 5 seconds? that's not that great despite that for example movement speed boost for other killers like(Twins,Wraith,Blight,etc are much much bigger.)

    So my idea is to give a yellow bottles more chance to be used. And for doing that i propose a very simple solution.

    Bassically to make his 2 amazing addons his base kit.

    1.Cigar Box This could give a clown apportunity to to use his yellow bottles much often and make his second bottle more viable. Addon could now boost his aura reading for example 8m.

    2.Cheap Gin Bottle 2 more bottles. Just 2 more bottles in his base kit. Addon could now tremendously increased his reload speed.

    Remember its just an idea to make weak killer little bit stronger :).

    Even simpler slow has their own bottel count and yellow has their own as well so you could have 0 purps and 4 yellows

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245718/how-to-make-clown-more-viable-its-simple

    That'd be too strong.

    Clown is a Literal High B tier killer,

    The only thing he needs truly is just one Extra Bottle and that's about it,

    Nothin' too big. Nothin' too small,

    I strongly disagree, clown is a pretty weak killer, mid to high C tier at best.

    He is weak in a chase if survivors throw pallets down early, and he has no ability that can help him with map pressure.

    And one bottle would not fix him either, that is just too little.

  • Clown get 4 bottles of each

    Antidote activate after 1.5s

    Antidote now give 15%movement speed for 10s

    You can't gain the Antidote movement speed bonus if you're in a chase.

    Reloading give you back both Antidote and Tonic

  • cheap gin bottle and cigar box are his best add-ons now. I don't think they need to be base-kit, if you want them base-kit, just spend blood points and use them every game. The issue is that without these add-ons, yellow antidote speed-ups are underwhelming and the speed boosts are very hit or miss. I just wish he did not have activation delay on them, he would have so much more control over his power. He wouldn't been seen as D-tier after that.