The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun

Recently, it's been getting more and more difficult to enjoy this game and to look over the glaring issues. The Console port of DBD has shown that the game is extremely poorly optimized, and performance will continue to get worse unless BHVR addresses the issues now.

I fear that soon, the game will become unplayable for us on current-gen Consoles. Resident Evil broke the game for a month, and it still hasn't fully recovered. What this shows is that the issue is built into the game itself, and will likely continue to worsen if it is not resolved. Likewise, we are seeing the return of bugs long thought patched, which makes me suspect that the entire code is starting to crumble under the weight of the game. I hope BHVR takes the time to do this correctly and fixes their game. If they do not, I fear we will soon lose the ability to play it at all.

Here are some videos demonstrating my points, please note that these were all taken PRIOR to the RE patch in June of 2021. These issues have been plaguing Console players since the game was ported in 2017. I doubt there will ever be an official confirmation from BHVR, but it is important that we do not let these issues go silently. The only thing we can do is continue to talk and spread awareness about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7zIxwMUn0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p_8C649Rs&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa8yNir8wU&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwQc0rdiM0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQaee-Od90&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

August Edit: Well, we are nearing 100 pages. Congrats everyone. We still haven't gotten an answer from BHVR about what happened to Optimization, but we have inspired others to start to question it. I've furthered clarified the purpose of the thread and adjusted some of the language used in this opening statement to better reflect that.

Thank you.

Tagged: BHVRModTrusted

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Like if graphics are the main issue then explain to me why stutters still happen on maps like Grim Pantry & Red Forest on actions like unhooks & Dead Hard when nothing has really changed about those maps since release (besides the gen sparks, pallets, & some boxes here and there)? Also explain to me why Switch allegedly still handles like garbage despite them lowering the graphical quality tremendously (though I mean...it is the Switch)?

    Pointing out the wrong/unlikely thing is just as harmful as saying nothing at all.

    it happen when they updated the survivor models. the only quick fix would be to change them back and id be shock if lag still says.

    like last year when they started updating the surrounding models they didn't pay any notice to what it will do us.

    Ahh if could get rid of a prek right now it be sloppy cause its like I never did try to run.

  • it happen when they updated survivor change them back and it be funny if the lag stooped happening


    ahh may as well not trying when pc have sloppy on

  • Today I had fps drops in the lobby, in the 3rd game it started to freeze and I could tell by the campfire.

  • @Jarol said:

    Today I had fps drops in the lobby, in the 3rd game it started to freeze and I could tell by the campfire.

    The menus in general and the bloodwebs in particular have been slow lagginess for years now for me.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451305#Comment_2451305

    The menus in general and the bloodwebs in particular have been slow lagginess for years now for me.

    Same,pretty insane how awful the menus and everything behind it is.

    It's so slow and sluggish to the point that i feel like a super old grandma trying to navigate it 👵

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451367#Comment_2451367

    Same,pretty insane how awful the menus and everything behind it is.

    It's so slow and sluggish to the point that i feel like a super old grandma trying to navigate it 👵

    It is ridiculous, all the menus should be fine, the defect that is now currently and this previous one in the photo is super fluid for me, in the ptb with the new lobby, my blood network freezes or when I want to open the files or choosing killers or if I make a move to my character to flip it, it doesn't make sense or it will be the type of background texture.

    20200520192408-1.jpg
  • How's everyones games?

    This is weird but even with freezes I am kinda having fun today playing survivor since I switched dh for sb. It kinda balances things for me a little bit and it doesn't freeze which is cool.

    This is probably bad but maybe I am getting used to it now? Just adapting to the situation.

    I am not giving bhvr any money since the re chapter tho. As long as I am on the platform on which the game runs so poorly I am not buying anything.

  • @Shaped said:

    How's everyones games?

    This is weird but even with freezes I am kinda having fun today playing survivor since I switched dh for sb. It kinda balances things for me a little bit and it doesn't freeze which is cool.

    This is probably bad but maybe I am getting used to it now? Just adapting to the situation.

    I am not giving bhvr any money since the re chapter tho. As long as I am on the platform on which the game runs so poorly I am not buying anything.

    I don't usually run DH so I haven't had to adjust to not having it, but even I know how useful it is when it works and gives that little bit of distance in a chase.

    What I don't appreciate is hearing Twitchers say things like "hope I get some console players so they can stop in front of me when they Dead Hard..." and the like.

    Revives my wish for a console-only Crossplay option whenever we go past regular unfair and dip into grossly unfair. Never happening I know...

  • @Shaped said:

    How's everyones games?

    This is weird but even with freezes I am kinda having fun today playing survivor since I switched dh for sb. It kinda balances things for me a little bit and it doesn't freeze which is cool.

    This is probably bad but maybe I am getting used to it now? Just adapting to the situation.

    I am not giving bhvr any money since the re chapter tho. As long as I am on the platform on which the game runs so poorly I am not buying anything.

    Plain awful !! All exhaustion perks freezes my game, Lithe, DH, SB, unhook action or hooking ... fast vault sometimes freezes too ... as killer and survivor both sides with terrible freezes ... its sad to see the state dbd are ...

  • I like how we're 100+ pages in and still top post without any dev response.

    BTW, the Otz petition is cool and all (though it will most likely go unnoticed or completely ignored by the devs), but being able to lower the graphical quality is nothing more than a band-aid to these issues.

    It's not gonna fix the random chopping when someone opens a chest or picks up an item.

    It's not gonna fix the skipping when literally any status effect is applied.

    It's not gonna fix the complete freezing and possibly crashing of the game when the killer swings around a corner too fast.

    Devs, is it insensitive for me to say "get your ######### together?" The only thing that will fix these issues is a true optimization of the game.

    _______

    By the way, is anyone completely sick of the "WhAT Do yoU EXpECt ItS a 6 yEAr OlD ConSOlE iTs nOT GoNNa Run GAmEs gOOd" argument?

    DBD is not graphically intensive or complex.

    TLOU II runs at a stable 30 frames on PS4 and is basically the best looking game there is so far, and with a much larger scale.

    MGSV runs at a stable 30 frames on PS3, a 15 year old console, and looks better than DBD.

  • A few months ago, my PS4 pro was automatically forced to shutdown due to overheat issue on loading screen. I have to repair disk and rebuild database after this.

    When I submitted the ticket to report the issue to BHVR, and the ridiculous part is their reply simply short and simple: "We never heard about this issue before"

  • @gelukrait said:

    A few months ago, my PS4 pro was automatically forced to shutdown due to overheat issue on loading screen. I have to repair disk and rebuild database after this.

    When I submitted the ticket to report the issue to BHVR, and the ridiculous part is their reply simply short and simple: "We never heard about this issue before"

    People have been reporting on these forums for years that the fans go nuts on the loading screen!! What do the devs think that means? That it's fine? Their fog and smoke effects overheat the console. It's been getting worse and worse over the years.

    Sorry about your experience. Damn that annoys the hell outta me. Console players have posted this issue in the Bugs or Feedback section before and gotten no good response about it.

  • Yeah we are definitely playing with fire with those fans even if nothing happened for years you never know. Our console could die eventually because of how dbd runs.

    @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2453042#Comment_2453042

    I don't usually run DH so I haven't had to adjust to not having it, but even I know how useful it is when it works and gives that little bit of distance in a chase.

    What I don't appreciate is hearing Twitchers say things like "hope I get some console players so they can stop in front of me when they Dead Hard..." and the like.

    Revives my wish for a console-only Crossplay option whenever we go past regular unfair and dip into grossly unfair. Never happening I know...

    Yeah. First I was really for crossplay and looked forward to it but I changed my opinion. It is unfair and idc what others think. It is funny tho how despite everything we still give our best and if we play enough we are rank 1's anyway. Not that ranking is too hard but with our issues it is easy to mess up even simple things.

    It is disgusting how elitist and disrespectful some pc players are towards us I am not going to lie but most of them (those with ego) probably suck at gaming so they turned to imbalanced dbd so they can let loose of their ego thinking they are "outplaying" someone by doing simple things.

    I want to see them beat every rondo of blood boss with basic attacks without taking damage or something like that. Yeah never going to happen lol.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2453473#Comment_2453473

    People have been reporting on these forums for years that the fans go nuts on the loading screen!! What do the devs think that means? That it's fine? Their fog and smoke effects overheat the console. It's been getting worse and worse over the years.

    Sorry about your experience. Damn that annoys the hell outta me. Console players have posted this issue in the Bugs or Feedback section before and gotten no good response about it.

    Other day I went into the store to see something after a couple of matches. Was just scrolling on character screen and the game froze my entire ps4. The ONLY times my ps4 has ever fully frozen is with DBD, I've never had it happen with any other game. I managed to shut off my controller this time which seemed to override the freeze, got the "controller disconnected" error message, but I thought I was going to have to manually shut down my ps4. My husband was in the room and said it sounded like my ps4 was screaming from how loud the fans were.

    I wish I could just drive the 5 hours up to Montreal with my ps4 and be like "here, use this none dev ps4 to see what your average console player deals with when playing live version of DBD." Honestly if they'd let me I'd do it if it meant helping to get a fix.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2453498#Comment_2453498

    Other day I went into the store to see something after a couple of matches. Was just scrolling on character screen and the game froze my entire ps4. The ONLY times my ps4 has ever fully frozen is with DBD, I've never had it happen with any other game. I managed to shut off my controller this time which seemed to override the freeze, got the "controller disconnected" error message, but I thought I was going to have to manually shut down my ps4. My husband was in the room and said it sounded like my ps4 was screaming from how loud the fans were.

    I wish I could just drive the 5 hours up to Montreal with my ps4 and be like "here, use this none dev ps4 to see what your average console player deals with when playing live version of DBD." Honestly if they'd let me I'd do it if it meant helping to get a fix.

    Yup, this game is the only one that's caused my PS4 Pro to freeze, and it did it twice. I had to manually turn the console off.

    Ya know, as much as I hate EA/DICE and what they did to Battlefront II, at least they fixed their menu loading screen time. It used to take forever to load in because it used holograms, and they changed it, removing the holograms and using normal renders. It didn't look as cool, but it massively improved performance, and that was what really mattered. And their menus weren't even overheating the systems, they were just loading slow.

    Can we please at least start by getting the pointless fog off the DbD menu screens??

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2457517#Comment_2457517

    Yup, this game is the only one that's caused my PS4 Pro to freeze, and it did it twice. I had to manually turn the console off.

    Ya know, as much as I hate EA/DICE and what they did to Battlefront II, at least they fixed their menu loading screen time. It used to take forever to load in because it used holograms, and they changed it, removing the holograms and using normal renders. It didn't look as cool, but it massively improved performance, and that was what really mattered. And their menus weren't even overheating the systems, they were just loading slow.

    Can we please at least start by getting the pointless fog off the DbD menu screens??

    I bet no one would complain if they remove the fog but they obviously don't care since that can't be hard to do. I mean it is just changing simple screen a bit ffs.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2457714#Comment_2457714

    I bet no one would complain if they remove the fog but they obviously don't care since that can't be hard to do. I mean it is just changing loading screen a bit ffs.

    Exactly, that's what ticks me off. Simply removing the fog from like the "press x to continue" screen, the offerings screen, that should be simple. The fog/visual effects on the Tome/Rift screens also make my console fans go nuts. The fog isn't needed, it's there for atmosphere. The only good thing about the loud fans is that I can't hear the stupid voice saying "Dead by Daylight" on the opening screen, so at least there's that I guess.

    It's not quite as bad on the killer and survivor campfire menu screens, but the fans are usually audible these days. Time has proved that the fan issues will only get worse and not better, so... yeah.

    They need to fix their visual effects in the matches, and that I'm sure is a time consuming endeavor, but removing the effects from the menu screens is something that should be easy to do. It definitely doesn't take years to accomplish. It's just that the problem isn't high on their "to do" list, if it's even on the list at all. I'm really not sure BHVR understands the importance here, that this is something they need to do now, not later, because it's part of what's hurting performance and worse it's damaging hardware.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2457723#Comment_2457723

    Exactly, that's what ticks me off. Simply removing the fog from like the "press x to continue" screen, the offerings screen, that should be simple. The fog/visual effects on the Tome/Rift screens also make my console fans go nuts. The fog isn't needed, it's there for atmosphere. The only good thing about the loud fans is that I can't hear the stupid voice saying "Dead by Daylight" on the opening screen, so at least there's that I guess.

    It's not quite as bad on the killer and survivor campfire menu screens, but the fans are usually audible these days. Time has proved that the fan issues will only get worse and not better, so... yeah.

    They need to fix their visual effects in the matches, and that I'm sure is a time consuming endeavor, but removing the effects from the menu screens is something that should be easy to do. It definitely doesn't take years to accomplish. It's just that the problem isn't high on their "to do" list, if it's even on the list at all. I'm really not sure BHVR understands the importance here, that this is something they need to do now, not later, because it's part of what's hurting performance and worse it's damaging hardware.

    I think the rift screen is the worst for me. I never experienced anything similar.

    One time I had to do something and left it at the rift, my console was like a construction site lmao. I hope I didn't damage it too much by doing that.

    We need to be careful with this game. I mean knock on wood I had this ps4 pro since 2017 and besides bad controllers I don't have much problem with the console itself to this day. Dbd destroying it would be a first time that my console gets effed by a bad optimised game.

    And I owned every ps console except handhelds and ps5.

  • Btw forgot to report.

    Anyone noticed freezing when demo just readies his power? As a survivor they basically freeze me in place when they do it and get a free hit or down because I can't move for few seconds.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2457723#Comment_2457723

    Exactly, that's what ticks me off. Simply removing the fog from like the "press x to continue" screen, the offerings screen, that should be simple. The fog/visual effects on the Tome/Rift screens also make my console fans go nuts. The fog isn't needed, it's there for atmosphere. The only good thing about the loud fans is that I can't hear the stupid voice saying "Dead by Daylight" on the opening screen, so at least there's that I guess.

    It's not quite as bad on the killer and survivor campfire menu screens, but the fans are usually audible these days. Time has proved that the fan issues will only get worse and not better, so... yeah.

    They need to fix their visual effects in the matches, and that I'm sure is a time consuming endeavor, but removing the effects from the menu screens is something that should be easy to do. It definitely doesn't take years to accomplish. It's just that the problem isn't high on their "to do" list, if it's even on the list at all. I'm really not sure BHVR understands the importance here, that this is something they need to do now, not later, because it's part of what's hurting performance and worse it's damaging hardware.

    There's alot of unnecessary visual effects on loading and menus/lobbies. Like why in lobby when we ready up do survivors basically have glitter sparkles above their heads? There's 0 reason for it and just hurts performance. No reason for fog visual effects on loading screens, does nothing to enhance the experience and really doesn't look that great.

    I can load up Borderlands 3 and have CL4P-TP dancing across for the loading bar or play Assassins Creed and run around with my guy waiting to load into the game and neither of those cause my fans to freak out like the fog effect in DBD.

  • @Shaped said:

    Btw forgot to report.

    Anyone noticed freezing when demo just readies his power? As a survivor they basically freeze me in place when they do it and get a free hit or down because I can't move for few seconds.

    Yes. I just had a match v demo on the temple map and I had so many freezes when he'd travel. I'm guessing he was getting freezes too because there were quite a few times he should've had a hit but didn't make it.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2457848#Comment_2457848

    Yes. I just had a match v demo on the temple map and I had so many freezes when he'd travel. I'm guessing he was getting freezes too because there were quite a few times he should've had a hit but didn't make it.

    Yeah if they are on last gen also they are obviously experiencing it too unfortunately.

    Edit: Also had some unusually long freezes today. Like very long which kinda worries me that it got worse for some reason.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2457750#Comment_2457750

    I think the rift screen is the worst for me. I never experienced anything similar.

    One time I had to do something and left it at the rift, my console was like a construction site lmao. I hope I didn't damage it too much by doing that.

    We need to be careful with this game. I mean knock on wood I had this ps4 pro since 2017 and besides bad controllers I don't have much problem with the console itself to this day. Dbd destroying it would be a first time that my console gets effed by a bad optimised game.

    And I owned every ps console except handhelds and ps5.

    Yeah, I have a Battlefront II edition PS4 Pro, and I'd be devastated if it got toasted. I don't even love Nu Star Wars or anything, but I unreasonably love this console. The only problem I ever have with it is this game. (And the controllers being way cheaplier made than their cost would suggest, but that's a separate matter.)

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2457793#Comment_2457793

    Yeah, I have a Battlefront II edition PS4 Pro, and I'd be devastated if it got toasted. I don't even love Nu Star Wars or anything, but I unreasonably love this console. The only problem I ever have with it is this game. (And the controllers being way cheaplier made than their cost would suggest, but that's a separate matter.)

    Drifting issues right? Ds4 is the worst controller EVER. Actually I'll probably have to buy 4th one soon instead of ssd lol.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2457890#Comment_2457890

    Drifting issues right? Ds4 is the worst controller EVER. Actually I'll probably have to buy 4th one soon instead of ssd lol.

    Some drifting issues, though that happens more with the Joycons on Switch. (Ugh, I hate the way new controllers all seem to have drift problems. You think controllers would get better, not worse, with each new system.)

    Personally, the bigger problem I've had with DualShock controllers is their shoddy ports. My oldest developed an issue where it didn't seem to like any cord being plugged into the USB for charging, and worse actually it got this issue where it'd constantly think it had a headset being plugged in and out, in and out, constantly taking audio away from the TV or headset, whichever I was using. I have never plugged a headset into my new controllers because of that. I actually got a USB extension cord and a USB headphones adapter for plugging straight into the PlayStation USB ports. I probably get better sound that way, anyway.

    My new controllers still developed difficulty charging through the USB port, but I got a charger station that uses the other ports for charging, instead, and that's worked perfectly so far.

  • Just so you are aware that I've been noticing frame drops on ps5 on certain maps .

    🐖😑

    It's not the level of ps4 that I experienced but still it's a worrying sign of things to come for those that think new gen will fix the issues .

    Even tho I'm not active as I once was I truly hope for fixes for my console gamers new and old

    And I salute @Pulsar for all his efforts for improving our gaming experience 🐽💗

  • @Darkskies said:

    Just so you are aware that I've been noticing frame drops on ps5 on certain maps .

    🐖😑

    It's not the level of ps4 that I experienced but still it's a worrying sign of things to come for those that think new gen will fix the issues .

    Even tho I'm not active as I once was I truly hope for fixes for my console gamers new and old

    And I salute @Pulsar for all his efforts for improving our gaming experience 🐽💗

    Hi @Darkskies miss you here! Very worring if you're experiencing issues with a PS5. What hope is there for us still trapped on the proir gen machines then...

  • The fans got so loud on the Rift/Tome screens today it actually scared me. They should not be getting that loud.

    So, I actually created a bug report. Because overheating can damage hardware, I consider it more pressing than performance (though, even running just a few degrees too hot can negatively impact performance). Please upvote it if you've experienced an issue with the fans getting too loud and/or the system overheating.

    With how bad it's getting, I feel like this can't wait. And it shouldn't have to wait, either, given that the problem is worst on menu screens.

    (It's not exclusive to menu screens, it happens in matches, too, but it's worst in areas where the special effects are ridiculously unnecessary. The best thing BHVR could do is immediately remove the VFX from out-of-trial areas and work on optimizing the effects within trials.)

    With each update I get more and more worried that this is going to be the update that fries the system. I do not think my heart can take it getting worse with Pinhead's chapter. I am desperate to hear that this is a serious priority for the devs. Not the way general optimization is a priority, but the way the game crashing on all consoles or the Doc breaking DS were priorities.

    👇️ 👇️ 👇️ 👇️ 👇️

    @TragicSolitude said:

    I am on the PS4 Pro. Every single time I go to look at the Rift or the Tome challenges, the fans get LOUD. I don't mean kind of loud, I don't mean very loud, I mean extremely loud. I cannot stress enough how loud they are and how much that concerns me.

    The fans get very loud on the "Press X to continue" opening screen and on the offerings screen. There is something about the fog effects that the PS4 Pro is not handling well. It has been this way for years, but it's getting much, much worse as time goes on. (Ironically, the fog effects are there to make the opening screen, offerings screen, and Tome/Rift screens look better, but the dip in performance makes them a slideshow at times which is aesthetically worse than no effects at all.)

    The absolute loudest the fans get is on the Rift/Tome screens. The visual effects there seem to really tax the system. I don't want my console overheating and ending up with hardware damage, especially not because of the menu screens in a game.

    The fog and visual effects are causing overheating issues. These effects are unnecessary on menu screens and could be removed without any effect on gameplay.

    When a system runs even a few degrees too hot, performance worsens. Players have previously reported performance problems on the menu screens. The fog and other visual effects may also be causing some of the performance problems within the matches.

    (My game is installed on an external SSD, so this is not related to the HDD/SSD issue. Moving the game to the external SSD improved performance but had no effect on the fan noise. I even opened up the system and cleaned the fan just a couple weeks ago in case that would help, but it did not. No other game makes my fans even audible much less loud; this is strictly a DbD issue.)


  • @TragicSolitude said:

    The fans got so loud on the Rift/Tome screens today it actually scared me. They should not be getting that loud.

    So, I actually created a bug report. Because overheating can damage hardware, I consider it more pressing than performance (though, even running just a few degrees too hot can negatively impact performance). Please upvote it if you've experienced an issue with the fans getting too loud and/or the system overheating.

    With how bad it's getting, I feel like this can't wait. And it shouldn't have to wait, either, given that the problem is worst on menu screens.

    (It's not exclusive to menu screens, it happens in matches, too, but it's worst in areas where the special effects are ridiculously unnecessary. The best thing BHVR could do is immediately remove the VFX from out-of-trial areas and work on optimizing the effects within trials.)

    With each update I get more and more worried that this is going to be the update that fries the system. I do not think my heart can take it getting worse with Pinhead's chapter. I am desperate to hear that this is a serious priority for the devs. Not the way general optimization is a priority, but the way the game crashing on all consoles or the Doc breaking DS were priorities.

    👇️ 👇️ 👇️ 👇️ 👇️

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/276161/tome-rift-screens-cause-overheating

    It is really bad and I think it does add to the performance issues. I notice the louder the fans are the worse the game runs. They definitely get louder on specific maps that have been having terrible performance.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2460310#Comment_2460310

    It is really bad and I think it does add to the performance issues. I notice the louder the fans are the worse the game runs. They definitely get louder on specific maps that have been having terrible performance.

    Yeah, specific maps are worse than others. I think it's the reworked maps specifically that cause the most problems for me. Clown's gas bottles and all those visual effects when I'm being sacrificed to the entity on the hook can really get the fans screaming. I've also noticed the fans sometimes seem to get louder and louder as I'm working on a gen.

  • @thefallenloser said:

    I like how we're 100+ pages in and still top post without any dev response.

    BTW, the Otz petition is cool and all (though it will most likely go unnoticed or completely ignored by the devs), but being able to lower the graphical quality is nothing more than a band-aid to these issues.

    It's not gonna fix the random chopping when someone opens a chest or picks up an item.

    It's not gonna fix the skipping when literally any status effect is applied.

    It's not gonna fix the complete freezing and possibly crashing of the game when the killer swings around a corner too fast.

    Devs, is it insensitive for me to say "get your ######### together?" The only thing that will fix these issues is a true optimization of the game.

    _______

    By the way, is anyone completely sick of the "WhAT Do yoU EXpECt ItS a 6 yEAr OlD ConSOlE iTs nOT GoNNa Run GAmEs gOOd" argument?

    DBD is not graphically intensive or complex.

    TLOU II runs at a stable 30 frames on PS4 and is basically the best looking game there is so far, and with a much larger scale.

    MGSV runs at a stable 30 frames on PS3, a 15 year old console, and looks better than DBD.

    I find it funny because the only game that runs close to dbd level is a 30 man GTA 5 lobby, and that game was released years before dbd, has 6x the players in 1 lobby, is probably 300x bigger than a single dbd map, and overall has much more "stuff" in it than dbd such as the ocean, the literal sky etc.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2432451#Comment_2432451

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2432459#Comment_2432459

    Man that’s such a shame. I’m really wanting it to get better but it’s hard to look forward to anything BHVR does. Honestly the least they can do is just acknowledge that they’re not going to do anything about it.

    But then last gen console players would stop spending money and thats why they won't say yup its Fd and we don't know how to fix it

  • Which killers are freezing less frequently? Kinda felt like playing killer again after a long time. When I tier up as Myers my game freezes and survivors get distance so it doesn't feel that great.

    Any killer that is not handicapped too much when using their power? I would guess trapper for example but not really a fan of him.

  • @Shaped said:

    Which killers are freezing less frequently? Kinda felt like playing killer again after a long time. When I tier up as Myers my game freezes and survivors get distance so it doesn't feel that great.

    Any killer that is not handicapped too much when using their power? I would guess trapper for example but not really a fan of him.

    As far as I can tell its all of them I've had the game freeze up multiple timd just on a basic attack on just about ever killer I got( i.don't have pyramid head, Nemesis,twins,legion,deathslinger,oin)

  • @Shaped said:

    Which killers are freezing less frequently? Kinda felt like playing killer again after a long time. When I tier up as Myers my game freezes and survivors get distance so it doesn't feel that great.

    Any killer that is not handicapped too much when using their power? I would guess trapper for example but not really a fan of him.

    As far as my Piggy only the hiccup I notice is at the start of her dash there's lag as her meter fills. Aside from that just the normal triggers like applying Sloppy or if MYC activates, bloodlust kicking in, the usual suspects.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2460836#Comment_2460836

    As far as my Piggy only the hiccup I notice is at the start of her dash there's lag as her meter fills. Aside from that just the normal triggers like applying Sloppy or if MYC activates, bloodlust kicking in, the usual suspects.

    Thanks. Never played her much tho but I already have her.

    Might give her a spin. Need some decent perks on her first.


    Legion is not that bad freeze wise. Playing them atm.

    Edit: Also Spirit.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2460963#Comment_2460963

    Thanks. Never played her much tho but I already have her.

    Might give her a spin. Need some decent perks on her first.

    Legion is not that bad freeze wise. Playing them atm.

    Many run Whispers and STBFL on her. Last time I rolled her out I ran Corrupt/Discordance/Nurses/BBQ for points.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2460976#Comment_2460976

    Many run Whispers and STBFL on her. Last time I rolled her out I ran Corrupt/Discordance/Nurses/BBQ for points.

    Thanks for the perk suggestion. Appreciated.

    Edit: Turned crossplay off and having a lot better time without dead hards freezing me in place. Don't wait too much for games either.

  • The graphics quality of the game has declined steeply since the release of the Resident Evil chapter. It is getting difficult to decipher outfits from one another, Lockers are blurry, and environments are pixilated. I have been playing this game for just over a year and have fallen in love with it. I fear that I may be falling out of love with it do to the technical difficulties associated with gameplay.

  • Please, fellow console players, stop using Dead Hard. We just look stupid trying to use it:

    https://youtu.be/KXnxk6E5wqk


  • Agree'd. I hope they fix the bug that makes it literally unplayable when using mouse and gamepad. Seriously, it drops to like 10fps if you even slightly touch the mouse while using your controller. They addressed it in the patch notes of 4.7.0 but no news about it since.

  • @Lisseck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461779#Comment_2461779

    The thing is ... You come to my store and I will sell you a fine wrist watch, you gonna pay me 100 bucks, you gonna leave my store knowing what time is ... But when u arrive home the watch doesn't tell you the hours no more ... You come back to my store asking a refund or ask me to fix your watch and I'm gonna tell you to come back later ... I will use your 100 bucks and to improve my store ... And after 3/5 months the watch is still broke ... You gonna stay calm ? Dude they have the hear a few insults, they are grow man like you and me ... They have responsabilities ... Instead of introduce new content fix the damn game first , business man only think about money they don't care about you and me ... Stop defend them ... Yes I waste money on this ######### and can't properly play ... Now back to the watch thing wouldn't you call the cops or do something about ? Because where I live things don't go like that ... A company selling broken games like CDPR, and we gamers who payed for the damn thing have to beyond pay, fight for this guy's to fix the game they sold unfinished or non optimized

    Think beyond the box this guy have ALL rights to insult behavior, it's been how many months ? It's terrible that ppl like you probably doesn't even play on console ...

    It isn't a reason to insult people nor attack them.

    You need to stay calm in order to present a clear and concise argument which clearly outlines your points of contention.

  • @Lisseck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461933#Comment_2461933

    Everyone already show a strong argument for them to fix we are clowns waiting more than we should, 1 month ok, 2 ? Ok ... But soon enough it will be a year of the game unplayable in consoles ... In this case I can't call the cops or anything else ... Only beg to them to fix and I'm personally tired of beginning for something I shouldn't even have to ask ...

    Again I think we should be more rough on behavior


    You won't get anywhere by demanding things. You need to be respectful.

    And before you accuse me of defending them like you did to @OniWantsYourMacaroni, I made the thread.

    Also, 60 FPS was promised in March of 2019.

  • @Lisseck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461942#Comment_2461942

    How can me or you or anyone playing on consoles can stay calm ? I feel like I'm being robbed ... Well all I know I'm tired ..

    I even bought Stranger Things chapter thinking I would be able to play but instead I have to hear this ... Stay calm and all that ...

    I AM UNABLE TO PLAY, I HAVE WASTED MONEY ON SOMETHING BROKEN ITS UNBELIEVABLE

    And I'm not demanding anything ... I'm literally begging a fix ...

    Because I am not completely driven by emotion.

    The fact of the matter is, they've likely only just started to work on a fix.

    You can rage and be angry all you want, but the fix won't get here any sooner and you'll look like a fool. Ergo, staying calm and maintaining an air of dignity and respect towards the people who make this game and are working on a fix is the optimal route.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461947#Comment_2461947

    Because I am not completely driven by emotion.

    The fact of the matter is, they've likely only just started to work on a fix.

    You can rage and be angry all you want, but the fix won't get here any sooner and you'll look like a fool. Ergo, staying calm and maintaining an air of dignity and respect towards the people who make this game and are working on a fix is the optimal route.

    This.

    You can be frustrated but don't insult the devs, that won't get them to listen to you. We've had this post going for this long and have actually had a mod share some updates with us because while frustrated we are being civil.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461766#Comment_2461766

    Your emotions have crushed your judgement here bud. Believe me we all here feel just as strongly as you do, but have tried to chose our words carefully and with respect.

    Swinging wildly for the devs or anyone for that matter won't help. At all.

    We've tried to relay our experiences here with game performance and many have put up proof as well. Please calmly contribute along those lines with us.

    Yes it takes too long. Yes it shouldn't have gotten anywhere near this bad. Raging at the devs won't make it right either, or get a fix faster.

    I know it sucks. Chill, please.

    Yeah, let's chill for another 3 years, then say it again !

  • @gelukrait said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2462171#Comment_2462171

    Yeah, let's chill for another 3 years, then say it again !

    We aren't chilling.

    We've outlined our points, respectfully pushed and we have made progress.

    Fixes don't come instantly, no matter how much we want them to.

  • I am usually against people lashing out but at this point I understand them. This is getting disgusting tbh.

    Still it is best to keep this thread alive and civil so they don't pull the plug on it.

  • Why doesnt the game freeze for me when I use sloppy as a killer? At least I don't notice it but when I hit survivors on crossplay off they stutter a lot and I get easy downs.

    I had to take it off I felt like a jerk. I thought it was both ways.

  • Has anyone else on console noticed button inputs not registering?

    I have lost a number of chases lately where I have pressed the action but nothing has happened. This has happened on window vaults and pallet drops, but today I noticed I could not heal someone too.

1 … 60 61 62 63 64 … 82