Genuinely disappointed in the lack of Dev communication regarding Lucky Break

After a literal page of topics on the PTB Feedback forum, there was not so much as a simple reply.

"Yeah, it's going live for a bit to see what happens."

"We're slightly adjusting it by doing x."

No idea why we couldn't even get something as simple as the examples above :(

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • Yeah other than fixing rat liver, it was pretty minimal. But I'm SURE they have good reasons for it... I hope.

  • They’re probably still discussing it internally and don’t have a definite answer yet. I’d rather they deliberate and analyse the PTB stats than make a knee jerk decision, personally.

  • in my opinion now they are rally busy with RE colab so mabe couse of it they dont tell us much to focus on the nwe chapter to avoid any deley that could get RE licenc holder mad

  • @xenotimebong said:

    They’re probably still discussing it internally and don’t have a definite answer yet. I’d rather they deliberate and analyse the PTB stats than make a knee jerk decision, personally.

    Hopefully 'enough' people played the PTB this time for them to take the various opinions for/against certain changes into consideration.

    Although, there is a literal wall of feedback regarding LB and The Twins across the various forums, so I'm sure there was.

  • They're busy playing connect 4 on Twitter with Smite people. 😂

  • Don't expect much. You have to come to an internal consensus before you can announce any decisions, and with BHVR's hands already more than full with the RE chapter, don't be surprised if they're a little busy.

    It's not their job to let you in on every single interaction that goes on inside. Especially if they're not at a consensus, they're not going to be divulging little details like that. Mostly because such revelations are plain useless, but also because they can start a hype train that just leads right off a cliff.

  • The RE chapter has been in development well before it was announced.

    It's not an excuse.

  • My guess it’ll be held back like open handed was for more internal discussion.


    I think reducing the time it’s active and making it a one time use which would deactivate once time is up or healed would balance it.

  • @Raccoon said:

    The RE chapter has been in development well before it was announced.

    It's not an excuse.

    RE chapter is now in the limelight and the most intense stage of development.

    It's a complicating factor.

  • I mean if it does go through bhvr will see an uptick in 1 shot killers. Now what they will do with that info is up in the air, because this is bhvr. Chances are nerf 1 shot killers because the "stats" say so.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    They’re probably still discussing it internally and don’t have a definite answer yet. I’d rather they deliberate and analyse the PTB stats than make a knee jerk decision, personally.

    It would be nice to hear anything from them, even if it's just "We hear you and are taking our time to decide what's best."

  • @malatruse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2133264#Comment_2133264

    It would be nice to hear anything from them, even if it's just "We hear you and are taking our time to decide what's best."

    I'm surprised they still haven't said anything at all :(

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2133524#Comment_2133524

    I'm surprised they still haven't said anything at all :(

    *tumbleweeds intensify*

  • I hope they buff it to 2 minutes

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    I hope they buff it to 2 minutes

    I hope so, too, although 150s would be better for both sides.

    Also thinking that 5s is a little low for Victor's stun. 10s would be fairer, given the obscene amount of time it takes to crush him.

    Freddy buff is fine, though.

    Farmville buff is ok, too.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2144624#Comment_2144624

    I hope so, too, although 150s would be better for both sides.

    Also thinking that 5s is a little low for Victor's stun. 10s would be fairer, given the obscene amount of time it takes to crush him.

    Freddy buff is fine, though.

    Farmville buff is ok, too.

    What are you rambling about?

  • The lack of communication in general is dumb and annoying. :/

  • My bad, I thought you wanted to discuss further buffing Lucky Break. I was just agreeing with you and adding some other needed changes for the game's balance.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2144668#Comment_2144668

    My bad, I thought you wanted to discuss further buffing Lucky Break. I was just agreeing with you and adding some other needed changes for the game's balance.

    Lol ok.

  • @Raccoon said:

    After a literal page of topics on the PTB Feedback forum, there was not so much as a simple reply.

    "Yeah, it's going live for a bit to see what happens."

    "We're slightly adjusting it by doing x."

    No idea why we couldn't even get something as simple as the examples above :(

    Do you think they read this forum..??

  • I’d like to see better PTB communication from the devs in general. The response about rat liver from them was fantastic and that’s the kind of response we need on lots of other PTB changes. Even if they don’t have a decision yet that’s totally fine! Just at least respond and be like, “we hear you loud and clear, but we’re still on the fence about it because of x, y, and z.” We just want some communication. Lucky break and The Twins changes are especially two topics that received a lot of criticism and I’m sure the community would like some interaction.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2145165#Comment_2145165

    They did when they reverted Rat Livers nerf and buffed Demo again!

    It was a nice change of pace...and so fast O_O

    To be fair, they may have noticed it was an obvious misstep or something.

  • It takes 2 minutes of thinking with lucky break or 1 match of killer on the PTB to realise how stupidly broken it was. There's no internal discussion to be had, a rank 20 would know it's broken just reading the perk.

    The removed scratch marks mechanic needs to go, no timer reduction will compensate how absurdly strong that is combined with the injury speed boost and iron will.

    Make no blood pools permanent and add a bonus BP effect to chaser actions as if I remember correctly survivors don't have a perk that increases chaser BP.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    It takes 2 minutes of thinking with lucky break or 1 match of killer on the PTB to realise how stupidly broken it was. There's no internal discussion to be had, a rank 20 would know it's broken just reading the perk.

    The removed scratch marks mechanic needs to go, no timer reduction will compensate how absurdly strong that is combined with the injury speed boost and iron will.

    Make no blood pools permanent and add a bonus BP effect to chaser actions as if I remember correctly survivors don't have a perk that increases chaser BP.

    No, you and the rest of the community just need to adapt and learn to listen for sprinting, or run perks that counter it. Like Stridor.