What perk do you think needs a change the most?

Title. Answer the question if you want!

I personally think Unbreakable needs a little nerf. Remove its recovery speed bonus and slap that onto Tenacity or Flip Flop!

Comments

  • @Profezia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130197#Comment_2130197

    Oh, about that.

    It's funny how people complain about noed giving undeserved kills and etc, but totally forget about Rancor which literally is embodiment of such complaints - no effort required, no real counterplay apart from GTFO as fast as possible, no chance to escape if the killer actually gets you as you just get moried on spot.

    Not to mention that running Rancor doesn't mean you're 3 perked for the majority of the game, as Rancor is basically a budget bitter murmur.

    Just earlier I was obsession against a rancor spirit, while not having any obsession perks and other people had DS. Love it :) /s

  • Hex: Ruin. It either gets cleansed early and the killer plays with 3 perks or it goes unfound and passively wins the game for them. Usually no in between outside of 4 man SWFs. It also single handedly got Hex: Undying nerfed hard for other non-token hex perks, which don't stack up anywhere near Ruin.

    Dead Hard having its i-frames removed but keeping the distance or maybe gaining a tiny bit to compensate would be a really nice change as well but I don't think it will ever happen.

  • For survivor, Distortion. With the new OoO changes, the aspect of Distortion that allowed you to figure out what perk a killer is running is diminished. And having your aura hidden 3 times over the course of a trial with perks that may offer repeated aura revealing such as bbq, nurses, and killer add-ons such as plague’s and oni’s is no real triumph. I think Distortion should have a rework to show your aura somewhere you are not, for example something like:

    ”when your aura would be revealed to the killer, Distortion activates and created a replica of your aura 5/15/30m from your location. Your aura is not shown to the killer”

    and perhaps it should be a choose to activate/consume a token kinda perk. So “when active, the next time your aura would be revealed....”

  • @Marigoria said:

    Rancor. It's BS that you can get killed by just getting insta downed once.

    Rancor is pretty meh, in my opinion. The obsession aka the survivor afflicted by Rancor will be aware that the killer has Rancor throughout the trial due to the aura reading (unless you’re unfortunate enough to be running Dark Sense). That means at the end of the game, that survivor knows they have to be extra-cautious against being killed. If you have SWF they can help to shield you, if you’re solo you will just have to be more off-the-radar and let others get the gate etc.

    And, if you’ve made it to the end of the game when exit gates are powered — which is only when all 5 gens are done — then it’s likely you’ve had a successful game anyways, and dying there isn’t the worst and wouldn’t be a pip loss.

  • @screamdreamsx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130197#Comment_2130197

    Rancor is pretty meh, in my opinion. The obsession aka the survivor afflicted by Rancor will be aware that the killer has Rancor throughout the trial due to the aura reading (unless you’re unfortunate enough to be running Dark Sense). That means at the end of the game, that survivor knows they have to be extra-cautious against being killed. If you have SWF they can help to shield you, if you’re solo you will just have to be more off-the-radar and let others get the gate etc.

    And, if you’ve made it to the end of the game when exit gates are powered — which is only when all 5 gens are done — then it’s likely you’ve had a successful game anyways, and dying there isn’t the worst and wouldn’t be a pip loss.

    Dying because you get hit once during the whole match isn't a win imo. Specially since the most points you get as survivor is with escaping.

  • For killer:

    Some perks definitely could do with some buff to make them somewhat desirable. There are many killer gen based perks that would likely never get chosen over the meta gen perks like pop, tinkerer, and ruin. It would be nice to see more variety, with (I’d argue more fun) gen-based perks like Dragons Grip, Gearhead, Overcharge etc.

    I’m not sure what buffs or changes these kind of perks would need to make them more desirable, but it’s a shame how many gen perks exist that have somewhat of an interesting mechanic/gimmick but they’re just not good enough to be consistently used.

  • Hex blood favor without a doubt

  • For a killer meta perk, NOED.

    For a survivor meta perk, Dead Hard.

    For a killer perk in general, Hangman's Trick. No clue why they nerfed this one tbh, the old one would have been more fun with the current sabotage feature. But eh, it needs a rework to be more useful.

    For a survivor perk, easily No Mither. No explanation needed.

  • I’m going to go controversial but say Spine Chill. I love using it but it is a bit op against stealth killers. I think it should t proc if a killer is undetectable.

  • all exhaustion perks (excluding head on and smash hit) and all slowdown perks should get changed. neither are really fun to go against or require much thought

  • I'll give one each for survivor and killer. There's definitely more than one each needing fixing of course.

    Survivor: Prove Thyself. How in the world is it ok for a perk to speed up generator repair this much just for a perk slot? I understand it's only bringing the speed to what would be normal for one person, but the whole point of decreased efficiency is to give killer a chance to defend/damage generators. This perk was insanely overbuffed.

    Killer: Hex: No One Escapes Death. Because nothing says I'm a great killer like getting four killers all after five generators are repaired, thanks to a free speed boost and instant downs. Finding and destroying five totems shouldn't be the only counter to this perk. It should have to be earned to a degree based on hooks, chasing survivors, just something besides congratulations for having at least one dull totem remaining on the map.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    I agree but I think unbreakable should lose its recovery speed after you've used it.

    Other than that though I just want them to go and hardcore buff 10 of the least used perks on both sides and actually make them worth running instead of just being something you buy on the bloodweb and never use. If they're overly buffed then nerf them after a PTB, but we need to try and shake up the same old meta perks on both sides.

    yeah you got some good ideas there. We could really use a mass perk buff patch

  • @Exerlin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130354#Comment_2130354

    yeah you got some good ideas there. We could really use a mass perk buff patch

    100% there are so many perks that don't ever get used because they're pretty much useless and don't add anything to gameplay.

  • @landromat said:

    Dead hard and Iron Will of course

    Don't touch my IW

  • Camaraderie. Change the distance requirement to 32-40 meters. At 16, the teammate might as well hook bomb anyway.

  • iron will is a much better perk for survivors than stridor is for killers. not to mention the survivors can take in 16 different perks while the killer can have 4. I as a killer cant be wasting a perk slot for something like that especially with most killers being HEAVILY perk reliant.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Camaraderie. Change the distance requirement to 32-40 meters. At 16, the teammate might as well hook bomb anyway.

    I'd just get rid of the distance requirement entirely. Just make you last longer on a hook

  • Insidious is a perk that literally can only be used for camping. So, maybe do something about that.

  • @Exerlin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130985#Comment_2130985

    I'd just get rid of the distance requirement entirely. Just make you last longer on a hook

    It should have some sort of requirement. On top of what I've said, I think Camaraderie should just work the other way around. Instead of the person who has it on getting a hook timer delay, his teammates get it when he enters their range. It would make it way more useful.

  • Because having a counter that no one is going to use doesn't fix the problem.

    Plus, the killer only has four perk slots, and generally at least one needs to have slowdown, another needs whatever perk works well on this particular killer (IE I'm All Ears on PH, Distressing on Doc, or Bamboozle on Bubba), and most killers run BBQ for the BP.

    Stridor isn't even worth the perk slot.

  • BBQ... so tired to see all killers play that perk...

  • @Riif0 said:

    BBQ... so tired to see all killers play that perk...

    Nah, BBQ is good. It discourages killers from camping and tunneling by giving them auras of other survivors and double bloodpoints. It keeps the game sane.

  • @Drixpy_Jayyy said:

    I would like Hoarder to get buffed probably make it to where you can see auras of survivors near 4 meters a chest for 5 seconds and if they finished searching a chest they become exposed for 30 seconds something like that.

    I think killer perks should never buff survivors, what's the point of me bringing a perk and that giving 2 more chests to the survivor team?

  • Dead hard is in desperate need for some sort of nerf. Also noed still rewards players for nothing so I think it can be balanced better.

  • Dead hard and iron will

  • @deckyr said:

    the survivor perk i think needs a buff the most is lightweight. make it spread your scratch marks out more, or make them fainter, just... yknow, something. but that doesn't mean nothing else needs buffs... there's so many perks that have too many restrictions or their effects just aren't powerful enough. or both! loads of survivor perks are just "cool, but not actually useful or helpful for most of what survivors need to be doing". if you filtered every survivor perk in the game into categories of "objective progression, chase winning, stealth, miscellaneous", so many perks would fall into the miscellaneous category. and there shouldn't be any perks in there.

    the survivor perk i think needs a nerf the most is spine chill. the reason i choose spine chill is because it's a base perk. it feels like the kind of perk that's so powerful, it should be unlocked from another survivor, but it just isn't. there's a few survivor perks that are all very strong, but this is probably the strongest relative to its accessibility - it requires no other perks, and it requires no survivors.

    the killer perk i think needs a buff the most is thrill of the hunt. it's literally just for totem guarding. at least make the bloodpoints global, not that i think that's relevant to the perk's power, because it's just "get a noise alert when a survivor starts working on a totem". this doesn't even need to be a hex! that's the kind of effect that's so weak it doesn't need to be turned off and the fact that survivors can rob me of my blood point bonus (which is the reason i'm running this at all) is just adding insult to injury.

    the killer perk i think needs a nerf the most is ruin. it escalates the killer's pressure in a way where doing Literally Anything Aside From Gens is actively losing the game instead of just "not winning". maybe a polite way to nerf it would be to buff survivor totem finding, or maybe prioritise powerful hex perks on central totems and weaker hex perks on outer totems. just spitballing.

    I want lightweight to be good, too ;-;

    As for Spine Chill, it can be annoying as hell when survivors get a head start to stealth (some just need your terror radius to start hiding), but I don't think it warrants a nerf. I think the issue is the combination of perks that makes stealthing annoying to go against (like Iron Will not giving breathing noises sometimes - is that still a thing? I'm not sure). These survs just waste their time being immersed sometimes, too. Or you can just moonwalk to the gen at a certain distance so Spine Chill doesn't proc.

    And I don't think moving Spine Chill to be unlockable through a survivor does anything. People will probably get them eventually. I don't think BHVR would ever take away Spine Chill from people who already have it now either.

  • The second chance perks in the game are way out of control and need to be brought down. Zero skill, zero cost, zero downsides, all with game swinging effects.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130255#Comment_2130255

    I think killer perks should never buff survivors, what's the point of me bringing a perk and that giving 2 more chests to the survivor team?

    The 2 extra chests wouldn't be too bad if some chests were decoys or something! You open the chest and there's nothing in there, boooo

  • Monstrous shrine and the 3 teachables from Huntress.

  • @Exerlin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2131137#Comment_2131137

    The 2 extra chests wouldn't be too bad if some chests were decoys or something! You open the chest and there's nothing in there, boooo

    That fact that they had to remove the condition to decrease item rarity from the perk, which likely broke regular chest rarity, makes you wonder why this perk was made when Franklins is already a valid and better anti-item perk.

  • Wish Quentin's perks had some sort of rework.

    I think Pharmacy is pretty decent and good enough to not really need a change, but if they did do something with it, I think maybe have it make no noises with chests at all? It's honestly not a big deal, but it's just dumb to have a perk as harmless as that still make noises. Another alternative could be like having it be a token. I can get 1 emergency medkit if I choose to do so. Maybe if you're next to a chest and want to use that token, you search with M2 instead of M1. Just quality of life, I guess?

    Wake Up should let me see where everyone is while I'm opening the exit gate. Maybe it also gives a mini haste for 10 seconds after touching a gate, so I could potentially get ready to bodyblock someone coming to the gate, or to flee if I'm getting interrupted. I've heard some say maybe it can mask progress on the lights or even mask noises, but I wouldn't mind just the other buffs, since these could be used for Technician or something.

    Vigil. Idk lol. Maybe up the values, but don't have it stack like the Open Handed rework.

  • I'd like Slippery Meat to be rehashed. Change it from hook escape attempts to reducing the time it takes to escape the killer whilst being carried.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130700#Comment_2130700

    Dying because you get hit once during the whole match isn't a win imo. Specially since the most points you get as survivor is with escaping.

    the most points you get a survivor is escaping is incorrect. Surviving grants 5000 BP you can get 3 x 8000 BP for each of the other categories such as altruism and objective. You can easily pip and still die, if you’ve actually done something that trial. Dying right at the end isn’t the worst, and it’s a bit of a wasted perk slot to try to get one kill at the end of the game when it’s not even a guarantee.

    also if the first time you’re hit is at the end of the trial.. then idk what kinda games you’re having.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    I'd like Slippery Meat to be rehashed. Change it from hook escape attempts to reducing the time it takes to escape the killer whilst being carried.

    Personally I'd change it to have a much higher chance of escape but you have a mend meter after escaping that's a fast meter as well.

  • If Solidarity had a 100% conversion rate I'd probably include it in my main build.

  • I have never seen anybody use Furtive Chase except for adept or as a way to make the obsession change regularly instead of being used as a "stealth" perk, so considering it doesn't even seem to fulfill it's main purpose I'd go with that one.

  • Dead hard. I-frames are ridiculous for a game like this, unless it's for being unhooked, and when it's used for distance it's uncounterable. Also wouldn't mind seeing noed getting a change, but I rarely ever run into it now.

  • Dead Hard. An obnoxious perk that gives survivors free reign to make mistakes or take another loop and avoid being punished.

  • @Dream_Whisper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2129477#Comment_2129477

    This perk can be bit strong in SWF, when you cannot effectively slug; and can easily recover 20 seconds instead of 30 seconds; which makes being picked up quite easier! The ability to get up and 100% recover one time is strong benefit! Sure there would be scenario you will get easily pick up; but... the Unbreakable can be way to easy to get out of a tough situation such as slugging!

    If I were to slightly, I would reduce the time it take, from 25% speed down to 15 or 10% faster recover speed! Which would make Tenacity a good senergy with it; along with No Mither! (Even though, no one runs No Mither, as they scream... "Impossible to Slug, Killer")

    The game isnt balanced towards swf lol

  • @sleepywynd said:

    NOED doesn't need a nerf, it just needs to tell survivors they're exposed and possibly have a timer.

    No.

    It used to do that. It meant the killer got zero use out of it even if it activated because survivors would go full stealth and hex search mode.

  • Because a killer SHOULD be able to track injured sounds. Thus it’s supposed to Instil some urgency in getting healed ASAP.

  • A few months ago i would have said ds.

  • True; but you cannot lie to yourself! Survivor overall, have quite bit advantage then the killer, if experienced and effectively play the game without mistake! It just as worse, as SWF; because of the ability to communicate with each other; Solos on the other hand do not have that communication luxury, plus the possibility that matchmaking is crap and you got bad Survivors!

    I am not blaming swf; I am implying that they have more advantage then solos; and they need to be tone down; while solos get some buffs!

    If I were to make any changes, I would have taken Otz's advice, and make it so that SWF cannot used map offerings at all, while solo players can!

1 2 ›