Does anybody actually like Trickster?

I personally despise him for the following reasons.

1) I hate his stupid laugh. It's just annoying.

2) I hate his creepy pedo face.

3) His perks are obnoxious.

4) His knives remind me of old Legion.

5) Lastly from a killer stand point he's trash.

Comments

  • I think his design is great, as most Killers are. The art department is once again, proving why they all need a raise.

    His gameplay leaves much to be desired, to say the least.

  • i like him just as i like the huntress as long as i can throw ish at survivors im happy

    1. I love his laughs, fits his sadistic personality.
    2. I love his design.
    3. His perks are really well-made.
    4. I enjoy his power.
    5. He may not be the best, but he's one of the most fun to play as IMO.
  • Oh people like him for more than just his character ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

  • He looks cool.

    I think I'm even going to consider borrowing some of his style.

  • Yes i liked him. He is not my new main but i am playing with him so much.


    1) I also hate him laugh. But i know also survivors hate too. And when i get them down, i know that is so annoying for them with laugh. So that makes me happy :)

    2) Him face is not bad. I wish they would make him more scary but i dont hate him face. It is fine.

    3) Him perk good lol, i am seeing so many people using those perks on other killers.

    4) Him power good. And no Old Legion and Trickster clearly so different killers. Legion is anti-heal killer, Trickster is not.

    5) No, it is not trash. I dont agree with you.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    Yes i liked him. He is not my new main but i am playing with him so much.

    1) I also hate him laugh. But i know also survivors hate too. And when i get them down, i know that is so annoying for them with laugh. So that makes me happy :)

    2) Him face is not bad. I wish they would make him more scary but i dont hate him face. It is fine.

    3) Him perk good lol, i am seeing so many people using those perks on other killers.

    4) Him power good. And no Old Legion and Trickster clearly so different killers. Legion is anti-heal killer, Trickster is not.

    5) No, it is not trash. I dont agree with you.

    1. The laugh can make it harder to hear more subtle sounds in and out of chase.
    2. Face is definitely fine, he looks like a Dead Rising boss and I love it.
    3. His perks may need slight buffs, Starstruck is the only really "good" one by itself.
    4. I'm sorry but his power is indeed bad. Objectively worse Huntress, his power is better for zoning Survivors out of loops than actually downing. Main Event still can't be held for more than 10 seconds and his power specifically involves the "sunken cost" fallacy. Also, thrawn was saying that Old Legion and Trickster are the same in that they are both slow and their (Old Legion and Current Trickster's) powers were weak. Which is true.
    5. Appearance is unique, but gameplay-wise, he's painful to play as.
  • I liked him immediately after the buff and then I got immediately bored due to the fact that every chase is essentially identical and also he's kind of stressful.

  • he's fun when survivors are bad

  • From a visual and audio design he’s great but no my personal preference

    From gameplay he about deathslinger level to me

  • I honestly can't fathom how you people like anything about him.

  • I like everything about him except actually playing him.

  • From a design standpoint I love him.

    From a gameplay standpoint he is terrible and needs a lot of help.

  • Design wise while I dont like the K-pop theme I do like the fact we got a Killer with no deformities, no life threatening wounds and looks like he hasnt been rolling on garbage for days. I also like his voice lines and laugh EXCEPT that song he hums after hooking someone, dont know the name but kids use it to annoy other kids, I wish I could get rid of it.

    Gameplay wise cant speak for I havent tried him but I must admit he does look like interesting even if he is weak, Im tempted to unlock him.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    I honestly can't fathom how you people like anything about him.

    We all have different opinions, I respect yours!

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    I personally despise him for the following reasons.

    1) I hate his stupid laugh. It's just annoying.

    2) I hate his creepy pedo face.

    3) His perks are obnoxious.

    4) His knives remind me of old Legion.

    5) Lastly from a killer stand point he's trash.

    I do.

    I love his skins, his giggling laughs, his weapons and power, and his lore.

    However, gameplay wise, he's awful. It is not fun to get curb stomped by survivors every single game because he is so powerless.

  • Creepy pedo face?

    My dude, you can't just throw around 'pedo' like it's nothing.

  • I love playing him. Is he the best killer? No, but I still love him. I love having a killer that sounds like a psycho.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @mintchapstick said:

    Creepy pedo face?

    My dude, you can't just throw around 'pedo' like it's nothing.

    He looks like a sex offender.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120829#Comment_2120829

    I think people like to say MAP now to be polite and normalizing and stuff.

    I sincerely hope you aren't tolerating pedophilia right now.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120829#Comment_2120829

    I think people like to say MAP now to be polite and normalizing and stuff.

    ...sarcasm, right?

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @thrawn3054 said:

    I personally despise him for the following reasons.

    1) I hate his stupid laugh. It's just annoying.

    2) I hate his creepy pedo face.

    3) His perks are obnoxious.

    4) His knives remind me of old Legion.

    5) Lastly from a killer stand point he's trash.

    design wise a lot of people like him, gameplay wise there's probably a handful of masochists that enjoy the pain

  • Do you agree with """""MAP""""" then?

    It's strange how I didn't see even a indirect hint that you were against it.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120898#Comment_2120898

    No people actually say that and that's why. If people don't like "Just throwing pedo around" then they probably want you to use the word MAP. It's more sensitive to people who hurt children.

    ... Who CARES what people who hurt children are offended by?

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • His laughs are SO ANNOYING and also directional for the survivors.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120906#Comment_2120906

    I don't know how painful it is to play trickster in matchmade games. If you are already a good killer he's very serviceable and you can beat good teams with him. I bet it's harder if you're learning because he is weaker than the rest of the roster, but that shouldn't be what makes or breaks your game.

    you have to be significantly better then the team you are up against or get some really good rng

  • This content has been removed.
  • The trickster is the stupidest killer out of all of them. His laugh is moronic, his looks are your typical basic ssa itchb boy band bs and he is over powered. who thought him up anyways ?

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120928#Comment_2120928

    That's killer in general tho. EVERY killer can win but even in the easiest (strongest) examples, like nurse and spirit you still have to work way harder than the survivors. It's not equal effort per reward but killer is ultimately stronger than even perfect survivors.

    its a spectrum of how much help your killer needs from you and rng to win, with nurse and spirit just needing skill (and not much in spirits case) on one end and trickster, clown, trapper, and legion being on the other which requires you to both be better and rng, whether it be from the map or survivor mistakes. Also this game favors survivors at the absolute high end, against a perfect team even spirit and nurse would likely lose on most maps.

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120930#Comment_2120930

    its a spectrum of how much help your killer needs from you and rng to win, with nurse and spirit just needing skill (and not much in spirits case) on one end and trickster, clown, trapper, and legion being on the other which requires you to both be better and rng, whether it be from the map or survivor mistakes. Also this game favors survivors at the absolute high end, against a perfect team even spirit and nurse would likely lose on most maps.

    I can confirm that this is actually the case, looking at tournament videos on Youtube is a pretty good example. Even Nurse herself can and will fall to genrush.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120898#Comment_2120898

    No people actually say that and that's why. If people don't like "Just throwing pedo around" then they probably want you to use the word MAP. It's more sensitive to people who hurt children.

    No. ######### are you talking about? You can't throw the word 'pedophile' around because The Trickster is obviously modeled off of real k-pop stars, lol. & If you're saying that he 'looks like a pedophile' then you're insulting people he was modeled off of.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120940#Comment_2120940

    Every killer can win by skill not only against comp teams (not efficient swfs but actual comp teams ) and even better, theoretically perfect play.

    You don't need survivor assisted mistakes or luck to win as killer. It's a skill and we simply haven't seen enough of it because again, killer is harder than survivor.

    Every killer can be better than most people think nurse and spirit (even with best addons that are banned in tournaments right now) have the potential to be and that's I think largely because this isn't an esport and we don't really have a great scene at the highest levels. The landscape and metas aren't very well tested or thought out.

    Mind you this isn't a DBD only thing, masters like Capablanca, Bobby Fisher and others thought Chess was played perfectly and solved dozens or hundreds of years ago. Modern "okay" players today would mop the floor with players of old and the apex of play, right now is many times head and shoulders above their meta where "only nurse and spirit" can win and winning positions or game states / losing ones we understand to be winning by force today were considered losing and avoided like the plague.

    DBD is 5 years old, we know little of it to the extent that chess (or other sports and games for that matter) were explored. It's the same old song and dance and from what i've seen so far in what little footage of tournaments i've watched the killers featured weren't very good and I think I could do way better with "Bad" and "Unplayable" killers like literally everyone in the roster.

    yeah that's just wrong, go and ask any of those "perfect" teams and they'll tell you 90% of the killer rosters are even considered for legit competitions because they just aren't viable go watch hexy's tournament of the best, good example of how most matches in the later stages people were running rancor to guarantee at least 1k for the points since most killer matches barely even got 2 kills. The difference between this game and chess is that DBD is not balanced, for the vast majority of the player base its at least somewhat balanced but a swf that knows what they are doing, and I mean really knows what they are doing, will escape even against killers that are equally skilled as them 9 times out of 10. Its been like this since the game came out and will likely stay this way until it dies for 1 reason if they do balance it all the way up at the top then the it will be imbalanced for anyone below them that's just the nature of asymmetric games.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120972#Comment_2120972

    Find me some of those perfect teams, I am dying to play them.

    that's on you not me

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Pulsar said:

    I think his design is great, as most Killers are. The art department is once again, proving why they all need a raise.

    His gameplay leaves much to be desired, to say the least.

    I agree, I love his aesthetic but his gameplay is a disappointment.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I like Trickster a lot because he surprises people.

    His time to down is atrocious. But there are a lot of loops you can force your way through with his power where most Killers would have to break the pallet or leave the loop altogether.

  • They did a good job with almost everything about him and fell flat with the implementation

    The idea of a mad K-pop artist murdering their fans and using their screams as backing is something that is relatively original, all things considered. I like his gaudy, flashy look and his weird creepiness, I think they all add to the "something is wrong" factor going on with him.

    A killer with a ######### ton of ammunition but a lot of hits to wound sounds interesting and like it could promote skill, the trailer was awesome, his cosmetics look great, his perks aren't that bad all things considered.

    It's just they majorly ######### him up and he's obnoxious to play as and against, and there's really nothing that can be done to alleviate this.

  • I like everything about him except his match performance.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    I personally despise him for the following reasons.

    1) I hate his stupid laugh. It's just annoying.

    2) I hate his creepy pedo face.

    3) His perks are obnoxious.

    4) His knives remind me of old Legion.

    5) Lastly from a killer stand point he's trash.

    1) His aesthetics are spot-on, try delving into his lore to understand the laugh.

    2) He's one of only a few killers with a recognizably human face. If you think he's bad, boy have I got a list for you.

    3) Perks are pretty great. Starstruck is a middle finger to extremely altruistic teams, no way out is good for games that don't go so well, and Crowd Control is good for getting downs quickly in the early game.