Using Self Care = Admitting you are bad
Title.
Change my mind.
P.S. Self Care usage is officially declared at ~24%. That means that, on average, 1 survivor will have it each game and the other 3 won't. Do a little check for yourself and make a note of how many SCs you can see each game.
EDIT: Adding one of my replies to the main post because I see a lot of people misunderstood the context.
@Raziel said:
As a killer, I can work around survivors having Self Care and even use it to my advantage by making them waste time healing.
As a survivor I notice a considerable difference in match performance when using Self Care compared to when I do not. Simply put, having the ability to heal one's self frees me of having to plan my moves and devise strategies because, when combined with looping, Self Care allows the correction of every mistake I would make and prevents the Killer from getting me.
I do not need to worry about playing mind games with killers such as the Nurse or the Spirit because I can take one hit, enjoy my free Sprint Burst to the next pallet, loop till the gates are open or they give up and then heal up. If they lose me, it takes at most 30 seconds for me to get back into a position where I am guaranteed safety for 1 more mistake or a clear escape if the hatch or gates are available.
I am clearly not the only one who noticed this given that Self Care is encountered 96% of the time. This is not surprising since, by equipping this single perk, I can negate a portion of the game that would otherwise match my personal skill to the killer's personal skill.
By having the perk, it does not matter if I am of lower skill, by sticking to the simple plan of try something risky -> mess up -> loop -> selfcare / be helped by people with selfcare I have a clear shot at victory.
To summarise, in case you missed it, my point is not from a killer's perspective exclusively. I find the perk worse from the survivor perspective, in fact.
Comments
That's not right. It's 24% of all perk slots. There are 4 perk slots per player, and only 1 of them can be SC, so the actual percentage is 96%.
I know that, but that was not the number we were officially given. If a perk is used 96% of the time then it clearly needs more nerfs.
Several people use Self Care because they don't have confidence in their team, or they like the independence it provides. I personally don't care for Self Care, I would rather equip Pharmacy and find a med kit to self heal instead.
96% = several?
I said several, because not everyone has the same purpose of running self care. That's why SOME people, not ALL, use it for the purposes I described.
It depends on what your definition of "bad" is. Is a survivor who is good at looping, pallets, windows, chases, etc. "bad" because they are abusing game mechanics or "good" because they can avoid getting hit for long periods of time? Is a survivor who plays more immersed and is better at losing the killer during a chase in which they've only been hit 1 time and can then heal up "good" for playing the game more as intended or "bad" because they are stealthing around the map instead of running in the open?
You can see how the answer is very much opinion-based. Personally, although I have gotten to rank 1 on survivor, I consider myself bad because I am not able to do pallet looping or chases and I tend to play more immersed. I think the survivors who can do the long chases are much more skilled than I am. But I run self care about 70% of the time. The other 30%, I either have a med kit (or a chest perk to get one, such as pharmacy or plunderer) or I rely on Bond to bring me to my teammates who can heal me back up.
Most of my self care usage ends up being because the killer ran back right after I got unhooked so I have to book it out of there before the person who saved me can heal me back up.
I would agree it's a boring perk and I would say anyone who plays SWF should not need it. But "good" and "bad" unfortunately in this game is very subjective and depends on your opinion of how it should be played.
Why does it matter? It's not as if it makes winning matches impossible. They've just nerfed healing overall, that should help with this game destroying perk.
I stopped using SC a while back, as bond usually leads to a quick heal and provides more benefits.
It is only 24% because you can only pick SC once in every loadout and not 4 times in each slot
Yes but after the devs realized that it needs a change and said that they would nerf it, they backpaddled and dropped the idea so its gonna stay as it is
At this point SC has done so much damage, that i doubt survivors will ever learn to play without it.
I gave up playing without it, because i had to chase other survivors and almost beg them to heal me. Since everyone uses SC, they all asume that you also have it and don´t bother healing you or following you for a heal.
Show us your Survivor. I would love to see it.
One of the major objectives of a survivor is to buy time to get generators done.
Self care helps buy that time. It's good to waste the killer's time as much as possible.
It also works to the killer's advantage if they capitalize as certain perks counter it, and it also gives the killer more time to hook people.
Asking survivors to please make the game easier on you via insulting them to stop using self care will probably fall on deaf ears.
Lets be real. Survivors are less likely to follow the rules of killers than vice versa. Killers have shown some courtesies from time to time.
Hiding doesn't work too well, flat out running doesn't work too well, lithe is getting screwed by dwindling vaulting points. Stealth is not as easy as all that either, and the slow go route offers the least reward for the risk.
Sure, lets take more tools from the survivors to make it harder for them to survive. Pretending otherwise is pretty laughable. Even if some people can do it, aptitudes vary.
And no, I'm not a survivor main . I play both sides, and not much bothers me aside from SWF.
Also so instead of complaining about noed or camping maybe just cleanse totems or do generators but hey that's none of my businessÂ
If a survivor is injured, and they've managed to outplay you, juke, and hide, they deserve to heal. The hard counter to Self-care is to not lose the survivor, lmfao.
If they're injured you've probably just been right next to them, lol.
So if you're not chasing them, they've either ran away and been healed or they've healed themselves, either way - it doesn't really affect the match much if you're not chasing them.
and i absolutely play killer, I just don't cry about as much things as the people on this forum seem to.
You should have made a little meme with the doctor for this post.
Killers crying about survivor perks are bad. Change my mind.
As a killer, I can work around survivors having Self Care and even use it to my advantage by making them waste time healing.
As a survivor I notice a considerable difference in match performance when using Self Care compared to when I do not. Simply put, having the ability to heal one's self frees me of having to plan my moves and devise strategies because, when combined with looping, Self Care allows the correction of every mistake I would make and prevents the Killer from getting me.
I do not need to worry about playing mind games with killers such as the Nurse or the Spirit because I can take one hit, enjoy my free Sprint Burst to the next pallet, loop till the gates are open or they give up and then heal up. If they lose me, it takes at most 30 seconds for me to get back into a position where I am guaranteed safety for 1 more mistake or a clear escape if the hatch or gates are available.
I am clearly not the only one who noticed this given that Self Care is encountered 96% of the time. This is not surprising since, by equipping this single perk, I can negate a portion of the game that would otherwise match my personal skill to the killer's personal skill.
By having the perk, it does not matter if I am of lower skill, by sticking to the simple plan of try something risky -> mess up -> loop -> selfcare / be helped by people with selfcare I have a clear shot at victory.
To summarise, in case you missed it, my point is not from a killer's perspective exclusively. I find the perk worse from the survivor perspective, in fact.
The problem I see in your argument is that the game, at the very least, promises stealth and then fails to deliver. Should BHVR not fix that first, instead of letting it be broken and giving us other kinds of crutches to stay alive?
Either 96% of the players are SWF or 96% of the players are bad for using the inferior perk. In fact, since SWF can coordinate rather well, I would argue they would also benefit more from Bond than Self Care. Congrats, you just proved me right.
Why? Shouldn't they be hiding from the killer in the first place? Them getting hit is their punishment for being caught and the killer's reward for managing to chase them well enough to land a hit.
Their reward for evading the killer after being hit should only be continuing to live. Why would they get to completely revert their first mistake as well? The killer definitely does NOT get back the time he invested in that chase.
I assume by next month we'll have a topic called " using your ears is cheating " make people def BHVR. Only bad players listen for an advantage.Â
I run SC as I play solo 85% of the time if not more and I find that not all my team mates are competent and quite a few are rambo loopers/chase after teh killer non stop types. Then you get the ones that come to heal you with the killer in tow.
I don't run SB and haven't in months now and I suck at looping and I don't dare bring a medkit in lest the killer dodge the lobby if they see 1 or more of them let alone 1 or more items. I play with a lot of the same people at rank 1 and most don't bring in items either.
For the killers I play against quite a few of the same ones also and I get dodged pretty consistently by probably the same killers if I bring items or anyone else does as well.
If the killer can't complete a chase their punishment is the survivor being healed/healing themselves, if a survivor fails they get hooked, whats the issue? Just need something to blame for losing matches?
I haven't seen as many people using SC lately. Might just be the matches I'm in, but DS and SC seem to be used a lot less than a few months back when I was playing. I only use it when that's the only Perk to put in a slot. Sorry, not using Dark Sense or Alert when I have a Perk that will actually help me out. I actually have played quite a few matches where no one had DS, and only 1 or 2 had SC. Sprint Burst though... that's a pretty standard Perk in most of the matches I'm in.
The new healing changes should alleviate some of the SC use/abuse or whatever. Honestly though, if a Survivor manages to juke a Killer for long enough that they can heal with Self Care, that Killer doesn't deserve the hook.
I use SC because it's what helps me have fun when I play survivor. I don't care if people consider it to be a perk bad players use. I use what I have fun with.
I don't like getting injured and stressing out over if someone else will heal me or not, or if I'll find a medkit, or if the killer will find me and down me fast. I just heal myself and move on without having worry.
Sc takes too much time and it's going to take longer after the next patch.
I don't play survivor nearly as much as Killer but this is a pretty bold accusation lmao.
As a survivor not playing SWF you can't rely on anyone because your team are normally snakes. It isn't like the healing speed is the same as when you're healed by others, you're entitled to your opinion tho.
sorry but perks don't decide who is skilled or bad at the game. that's commonsense nice try though.
Self Care used to be a problem, with the plethora of counter perks and the upcoming healing nerf that’s going to make them already waste loads of time healing with self care at just base, adding in any one of the aforementioned anti-healing perks, it’s no longer an issue.Â