Why can't trapper be better?
Why can't all or at least 3 of his traps be active during the start of the match without add ons?
Why can't he carry 2 traps and start with 2 traps without add ons?
Why can't he refill in lockers with a 1-2 minute cooldown?
1-2 gens are done by the time I collect my second or third trap and before I placed them in adequate positions but then they are disarmed within seconds anyways
Comments
He does need some kind of buff though...
He's too one-dimensional. Of course good Trappers are good, but as a killer as a whole he needs a few changes.
I'd say he should start with traps and with at least one active random one.
As Trapper main, I just want small sinple changes.
. Start with 1 trap, able to carry 2
. Traps spawn 30m away from map boundary
That would be enough.
yeah he needs. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HE IS THE MASCOT OF THE GAME. give your mascot some love.
He already got buffed with the newest DLC though.
He's not the worst killer anymore,because Trickster is 👐
you are not wrong there good sir.
Im not afraid Devs dont put buff on Trapper, because they did over time
What Im afraided of is between Resetup trap to improved RNG. Its a year apart.
Why is it require a year for these?
no he got heavily nerfed his traps no longer trap survivors for like 10-20 tries
I know,that Trapper is in a really bad spot right now.
I just wanted to make a joke about how garbage the new killer is
I would like all that and some more grass on certain maps. Last I would love there to be some danger to disarming traps. Without bloody coil it's absolutely safe to disarm bear traps.
Even with the trap change survivors mostly get out in one or 2 attempts. I swear they said the update would make this highly unlikely.
Well Trapper is gonna be getting looked into some more, I assume the next time they look at Trapper we'll finally get the additional three traps at base hopefully. When will this be though is the real question?
To me, he needs a rework.
Enough, really?
they'll just get jason and give up on trapper after that
yeah he's definitely weaker now
Honestly this post can be why can’t ( any killer that’s not spirit or nurse) be better. Majority of killers are so garbage.
I have this idea long ago.
Disarm trap will spawn a skillcheck with Snap out of it difficult.
The zone can be reduced with coil addon (instead of longer disarm, now smaller the zone). Unnerving presence also affect the zone.
Fail skill check will get trapped
Bam
He needs alot of QoL improve. Not something like having Purple bag and Green darken with Purple stone by default.
He only suffer from picking traps for too long because of trap spawn. With inability to carry 2 traps.
He never was the worst killer, the clown took that occupation.
That’s the point. You’re not meant to expect that you can prevent the first 1 or 2 gens to be repaired early in the match.
You’re meant to identify the best areas to turn into death zones with your traps. A Trapper is meant to be threatening and grow in lethality mid/late game.
It’s all too easy to get caught up in Trappers weaknesses, whilst overlooking that Trapper is one of the few killers in the game that can injure survivors without being anywhere near a survivor, or end chases without having started one to begin with. It’s easy to forget just how strong an ability it is when survivors accidentally stumble into a trap.
but I mean freddy and hag can do the exact same #########, set up a specific area as a death zone.
But they have teleportation and other ######### going for them.
Trapper does not.
plague can injure without being anywhere near them too
I know. That’s why I said “one of few”, and not “the only one”
If a survivor runs through a snare on the opposite side of a map, that does nothing other than tell Freddy where a survivor is.
If a survivor triggers a Phantasm trap, Hag needs to be within teleportation range, AND not miss hitting the survivor.
A survivor running into a bear trap however is at the mercy of luck RNG or a teammate getting their before Trapper does.
This would be fine if you couldn't just call out trap locations and disarm them in 1 second. At least with hag you can't do squat about her traps without an item that nobody ever has.
Just give us grass patches! Honestly, grass on new maps... It's just sad.
Te doy la razón, el trampero, aun teníendo los mejores accesorios hasta que colocas las trampas en buenos sitios te reparan 3 generadores. Para luego te las desarmen de forma fácil. Es un asesino que depende de la suerte y de lo mal que jueguen los supervivientes. No basta con que tu lo hagas bien.
freddy and hag traps may not injure but they at least get about 8 of them and can place them whenever without having to pick them up.
and freddys traps cant be countered unless awake
I think they are stuck with the "stats are saying he's doing fine" mindset.
The key word you have used here in regards to his power is 'accidental'. The trappers power relies more than most on survivors mistakes. It's difficult to force your power on them.
With the current escape mechanic, a survivor getting trapped across the map does absolutely nothing for you in most cases. They will have most likely escaped by the time you get across.
Also, your power can be completely disabled by survivors, penalty free (with the exception of certain add-ons), simply by disarming traps and dead-harding through them.
He is most definitely one of the weakest killers. This is coming from a rank 1 trapper main.
Disarming should require a skill check and if you fail you get hurt.
Spot on
To add to that, not having to use a trapper bag every match means he'll be stronger being able to use springs or wax bricks to go with the speed setters.
too often I can't do anything because my traps are so far away if I try getting them I'll lose the 3 gen
having to recollect your power 30 meters and then run back another 30 meters is brutal and very unnecessary for him
Clown is definetely better than Trapper
Clown is only better because of the player. So I think trapper is better then the clown
Meh,Trapper has to collect his traps and they are really easy to spot as survivor thanks to the map reworks.
Clown is better in my opinion
Trapper suffers from the same problem as Wraith where one of his addons (bags) are pretty much a must use which leaves him to be either substantially weaker if he doesn't use it or offers very little build variety.
Since Wraith got buffed and removed the use of his must use addon, I'm hoping Trapper will get the same treatment. It feels like such an easy fix, too. They could add it the brown addon as base kit and then adjust after seeing how he performs, it doesn't have to be a massive rework or anything.
if you can't get your traps then trapper is just an M1 killer
trapper should start with all his traps.
disarming a trap shouldn't be as easy as it is.(or even possible)
you shouldn't be able to dead hard over a trap.
Making some addons as base kit isn't good enough imo, he need a secondary power:
-Every 25/30s the Trapper can look at a faraway inactive trap (12/16 m) and active it from distance. Like Freddy when he teleport to a generator.
-Less cooldown (-2s) for each trapped survivors.
-Iridescent stone and other addons can be reworked around this power.
-That will make him able to counter SWF with comms.
I actually think Trapper is better because he can actually snowball and completely shut down loops. Clown can't snowball without devour soap, or the survivors messing up badly.
Then there are the addons. Trapper has more addons that actually help him when compared to how many Clown has to help him.
How could he be better? He's already been buffed enough. He already instantly sets traps. Doesn't his killrates show he is one of the better killers? I don't see how he needs any buffs. Killers shouldn't be balanced for a 4K on average.
very Funny l Iove it