Tell me your Killer niche builds!

So, I just got destroyed by some kind of master Leatherface who was probably the best killer in the entire game, lol. The guy didn’t need any slowdown, he just went from a surv to another, instantly downing them, hooking them and move on to the next one. He also literally never tunneled anyone. How is that even possible, you might ask? Well, first, in solo we can’t be coordinated to unhook/do gens/heal, so we weren’t efficient enough to beat him. Second: Play With Your Food paired with Nemesis.

Guys, he looked like he was on steroids. Thanks to Nemesis he kept changing the obsession and letting them go, just to be at PWYF max stacks for every chase.

Thing is, he/she got the absolute best out of a niche build, using perks that are not meta at all.

Now I ask you guys, what niche builds do you successfully use, and on what killer? I bet (and hope) lots of you will say things that’ll blow my mind.

Comments

  • I like to run BBQ, Oppression, trail of torment and brutal strength on my clown. Lads to a lot of surprise hits and the occasional grab

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I like to run BBQ, Oppression, trail of torment and brutal strength on my clown. Lads to a lot of surprise hits and the occasional grab

    That’s interesting, but wouldn’t be even better with Tinkerer instead of Trail? What’s your reasoning behind using specifically Trail of Torment?

  • Devotion, Bloodhound, Whispers, Tinkerer on Deathslinger.

  • I used to use this a lot on Ghostface but I feel like it would work even better on Wraith.

    Ignore The Obsession:

    -Rancor

    -Save The Best For Last

    -Dying Light

    -A Perk Of Your Choice (I'd recommend Sloppy Butcher personally)

    This works just how you imagine. You don't care about the obsession at all, Mori them at endgame and have 6 stacks and major slowdown to just demolish people with.

  • Ghostface with Make Your Choice, Devour Hope, Undying and BBQ.

    Spirit with Make Your Choice, Nemesis, Furtive Chase, Rancor.

    Freddy with Spirit Fury, Enduring, Devour Hope, Haunted Grounds, and fake pallets.

    Huntress with I'm All Ears, BBQ, Nemesis, Enduring.

    And my personal favourite, Trapper with Infectious Fright, Sloppy Butcher, STBFL, Surge and Padded Jaws.

  • @ManyAchievables said:

    I used to use this a lot on Ghostface but I feel like it would work even better on Wraith.

    Ignore The Obsession:

    -Rancor

    -Save The Best For Last

    -Dying Light

    -A Perk Of Your Choice (I'd recommend Sloppy Butcher personally)

    This works just how you imagine. You don't care about the obsession at all, Mori them at endgame and have 6 stacks and major slowdown to just demolish people with.

    That sounds fun, I’ll try it! Why not throwing in PWYF as well instead of Sloppy? With Wraith you can easily build that up, specially with his new movement speed addons.

  • @PGJSF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2071346#Comment_2071346

    That sounds fun, I’ll try it! Why not throwing in PWYF as well instead of Sloppy? With Wraith you can easily build that up, specially with his new movement speed addons.

    I'm not a massive fan of PWYF in general, but go for it if you want! It could work well on Wraith.

    The reason I said Sloppy is to counteract Dying Light's buff to the obsession.

  • @PGJSF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2071308#Comment_2071308

    That’s interesting, but wouldn’t be even better with Tinkerer instead of Trail? What’s your reasoning behind using specifically Trail of Torment?

    I like to use tot instead because I can activate it when I want as opposed to tinkerer

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Ghostface with Make Your Choice, Devour Hope, Undying and BBQ.

    Spirit with Make Your Choice, Nemesis, Furtive Chase, Rancor.

    Freddy with Spirit Fury, Enduring, Devour Hope, Haunted Grounds, and fake pallets.

    Huntress with I'm All Ears, BBQ, Nemesis, Enduring.

    And my personal favourite, Trapper with Infectious Fright, Sloppy Butcher, STBFL, Surge and Padded Jaws.

    Why do I feel Make your Choice is bad on Ghostface? You could easily stalk the unhooking guy instead of using one of 4 precious perk slots, right? Am I missing something? The others I like, I think I’m going to try the Spirit one

  • @PGJSF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2071355#Comment_2071355

    Why do I feel Make your Choice is bad on Ghostface? You could easily stalk the unhooking guy instead of using one of 4 precious perk slots, right? Am I missing something? The others I like, I think I’m going to try the Spirit one

    Instadowns on Ghostface make his power a lot more consistent and quick. The survivors don't need 99'd and don't get a specific notification, so you can sneak right up and stab.

  • BBQ, Discordance, Whispers, Nurses calling as Huntress. I don't use slowdown perks, all 4 perks for detection. Probably it's not really niche build.

  • Came here to tell about PWYF + Nemesis Bubba. Looks like im late

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    Forced penance, starstruck, agitation, lightborne.

    The "your not stopping me from killing/hooking someone build"

    Forced penance and star struck, because if they are downed and broken for the next 60s they are injured. Also normal protection hits make people broken. And stops hook bombing.

    Love using this in higher ranks, especially as deathslinger or huntress or nurse.

    Broken hatchets are so fun, when you hit that snipe and see someone broken.

    Yeah I like these. I played a lot of Agitation/Iron Grasp/Mad Grit and now I’m looking forward to put Stastruck right there ahah

  • @PGJSF said:

    So, I just got destroyed by some kind of master Leatherface who was probably the best killer in the entire game, lol. The guy didn’t need any slowdown, he just went from a surv to another, instantly downing them, hooking them and move on to the next one. He also literally never tunneled anyone. How is that even possible, you might ask? Well, first, in solo we can’t be coordinated to unhook/do gens/heal, so we weren’t efficient enough to beat him. Second: Play With Your Food paired with Nemesis.

    Guys, he looked like he was on steroids. Thanks to Nemesis he kept changing the obsession and letting them go, just to be at PWYF max stacks for every chase.

    Thing is, he/she got the absolute best out of a niche build, using perks that are not meta at all.

    Now I ask you guys, what niche builds do you successfully use, and on what killer? I bet (and hope) lots of you will say things that’ll blow my mind.

    I always do extremely well with Clown running Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Forced Penance, and either Distressing or Agitation.

    Lots of slugging, lots of hit n run.

  • Nurse with devour, retribution, haunted ground, undying.

    Myers with nemesis, PWYF, spirit Fury and enduring, a tombstone piece and judiths journal is hilarious.

  • Doctor with terror radius increase add ons, distressing / nurses / coulrophobia / sloppy

  • Whispers and Spies together. Whispers to get to the area and Spies for the precise location.

  • Stealth Bubba bbq, oppression,trail of torment, tinkerer

  • I don't really have one anymore, but I have an interesting story: Old Freddy with Overcharge.

    And now you are probably thinking: "Why?" Well, survivors that didn't have Self-Care had to find a way to escape the Dream World, otherwise I would be able to attack them. And Overcharge was a free escape, and so they intentionally failed the skill check every single time... only for me to go back to the gen and pull them into the Dream World again :)

    I know it sounds weird at first, but it was a good build.

  • @GeneralV said:

    I don't really have one anymore, but I have an interesting story: Old Freddy with Overcharge.

    And now you are probably thinking: "Why?" Well, survivors that didn't have Self-Care had to find a way to escape the Dream World, otherwise I would be able to attack them. And Overcharge was a free escape, and so they intentionally failed the skill check every single time... only for me to go back to the gen and pull them into the Dream World again :)

    I know it sounds weird at first, but it was a good build.

    Well it’s not that I think it’s bad intentionally, but at old Freddy’s time everybody purple and above were using self-care so that does sound odd. But yeah old Freddy was funny and had high Meme potential, because if you lose a game “well... it’s Freddy”, but if you win...

  • Doctor!

    Unnerving presence.

    BBQ

    Distressing

    Dark devotion

    Still my favorite and i like the role play involved with making survivors complacent with distressing and then tricking them with dark devotion.

  • I like fast anti loop myers


    brutal STBFL bamboozle and monitor

  • @baseballfan4877 said:

    Doctor!

    Unnerving presence.

    BBQ

    Distressing

    Dark devotion

    Still my favorite and i like the role play involved with making survivors complacent with distressing and then tricking them with dark devotion.

    I remember playing a lot of Doc with Unnerving Presence, Distressing, Overcharge and Coulrophobia with Gideon’s offering back in the days. It wouldn’t work against high ranks, but so freaking fun at rank reset. Had Dark Devotion existed at the time, I 100% would’ve throw it in.

  • @Bigbubbaboi said:

    Stealth Bubba bbq, oppression,trail of torment, tinkerer

    Stealth bubba lmao. I will do try this as soon as I unlock Oppression

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Devotion, Bloodhound, Whispers, Tinkerer on Deathslinger.

    Thank you for not running M&A on him I swear that perk was run by then all...

  • Twins.

    spin top, undetectable charlotte add-ons

    Hoarder, insidious, deer stalker, bbq.


    hit them with victors spin top and they drop their item. Park charlotte near the item and wait with insideous and wait for them to pick up the item. cha ching. works really well on keys and medkits.

  • I'm glad Rancor Roulette is catching on!

    Rancor, Furtive Chase, and Nemesis are a mean combo anywhere you go, really.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    Whispers and Spies together. Whispers to get to the area and Spies for the precise location.

    I ran this for a rift challenge with Doctor and 4k on Lerys. Static Blast and then hearing my TR got them running which activated spies lol

    You can run Restraint add ons to see auras for a certain time after madness goes up lol

  • I got plenty, too much in-fact... idk if i should list ALL my killer's perks so to say..

  • @TheDuhJ said:

    Twins.

    spin top, undetectable charlotte add-ons

    Hoarder, insidious, deer stalker, bbq.

    hit them with victors spin top and they drop their item. Park charlotte near the item and wait with insideous and wait for them to pick up the item. cha ching. works really well on keys and medkits.

    This is actually the kind of things I was hoping to hear when I opened the thread. Good stuff.

  • @Verconissp said:

    I got plenty, too much in-fact... idk if i should list ALL my killer's perks so to say..

    I don’t think anyone would complain if you did

  • Trapper Thanatophobia, franklin demise , brute strength, and agitation. This build seem good for me I usllay get 3k-4k as a trapper it slows game after you pass traping phase and you get hook faster to help re traps

  • Nice thread good builds here

  • I've not tried it, but I would like to try a build of: Lightborn, Agitation, Mad Grit and Starstruck, as in the "You will not stop me getting this bastard on the hook!" build.

  • @PGJSF said:

    So, I just got destroyed by some kind of master Leatherface who was probably the best killer in the entire game, lol. The guy didn’t need any slowdown, he just went from a surv to another, instantly downing them, hooking them and move on to the next one. He also literally never tunneled anyone. How is that even possible, you might ask? Well, first, in solo we can’t be coordinated to unhook/do gens/heal, so we weren’t efficient enough to beat him. Second: Play With Your Food paired with Nemesis.

    Guys, he looked like he was on steroids. Thanks to Nemesis he kept changing the obsession and letting them go, just to be at PWYF max stacks for every chase.

    Thing is, he/she got the absolute best out of a niche build, using perks that are not meta at all.

    Now I ask you guys, what niche builds do you successfully use, and on what killer? I bet (and hope) lots of you will say things that’ll blow my mind.

    Huntress

    Infectious fright

    monitor and abuse

    bbq

    ruin

  • I dunno if it's a niche build but Wraith with Fire Up and Serpent + Shadowdance is probably my favorite killer build. It pretty much helps with his weaknesses and the recent buffs made this Build even stronger. I would even say it's his strongest build but I rarely see someone play it.

  • @PGJSF said:

    So, I just got destroyed by some kind of master Leatherface who was probably the best killer in the entire game, lol. The guy didn’t need any slowdown, he just went from a surv to another, instantly downing them, hooking them and move on to the next one. He also literally never tunneled anyone. How is that even possible, you might ask? Well, first, in solo we can’t be coordinated to unhook/do gens/heal, so we weren’t efficient enough to beat him. Second: Play With Your Food paired with Nemesis.

    Guys, he looked like he was on steroids. Thanks to Nemesis he kept changing the obsession and letting them go, just to be at PWYF max stacks for every chase.

    Thing is, he/she got the absolute best out of a niche build, using perks that are not meta at all.

    Now I ask you guys, what niche builds do you successfully use, and on what killer? I bet (and hope) lots of you will say things that’ll blow my mind.

    What was his full build what map was it

  • @Shenshen said:

    I dunno if it's a niche build but Wraith with Fire Up and Serpent + Shadowdance is probably my favorite killer build. It pretty much helps with his weaknesses and the recent buffs made this Build even stronger. I would even say it's his strongest build but I rarely see someone play it.

    There’s Fire Up in it, so it’s niche ahah nobody uses that. Will try

  • Pretty sure it was Autohaven, but I can’t remember the other two perks. They didn’t sinergyze btw, they probably were something very standard (like Ruin and BBQ or something like that) because I didn’t notice at all. Thing is, he was so heavily relying on the Nemesis/PWYF combo he didn’t even need the other 2.

  • Self Care, Inner Strength, No Mither, and Lucky Break

    Survivor Build?

    Not if you play Meg or Nea

  • @DwightFairfield said:

    Self Care, Inner Strength, No Mither, and Lucky Break

    Survivor Build?

    Not if you play Meg or Nea

    Hope, Adrenaline, Wake Up and No One Left Behind, then suicide on first hook

  • @PGJSF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2079506#Comment_2079506

    Hope, Adrenaline, Wake Up and No One Left Behind, then suicide on first hook

    Adrenaline, DS, Unbreakable, and BT

    Bring a purple flashlight with the Ultra Rare Bulb and the Very Rare Lens

    Play as a female survivor and be prestige 3, but only wear the head part

    Suicide on first hook

    -rep killer and explain that they are a camping tunneller

    May not kill the survivors but they'll certainly kill the mood

  • @DwightFairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2079515#Comment_2079515

    Adrenaline, DS, Unbreakable, and BT

    Bring a purple flashlight with the Ultra Rare Bulb and the Very Rare Lens

    Play as a female survivor and be prestige 3, but only wear the head part

    Suicide on first hook

    -rep killer and explain that they are a camping tunneller

    May not kill the survivors but they'll certainly kill the mood

    That’s so a Nea.