Scott jund only speaks truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot2-1p_mrNs

Yes yes, go ahead and tell me how much you hate his killer main ass. He speaks nothing but truth.

[edit: sorry the title made it seem like I hated him, I actually want to share a bed with this baby face man]

Comments

  • @VESSEL said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot2-1p_mrNs

    Yes yes, go ahead and tell me how much you hate his killer main ass. He speaks nothing but truth.

    Most people love him I do as well but holy ######### I've never been more mad at a chapter than this one

  • "The devs are probably afraid to be transparent because of their laziness/ lack of need to work or not even being able to do what they promise" sounds about right.

  • Who hates Scott Jund? He seems like a genuinely cool and funny dude.

  • ALMO BUFF NURSE THE DATA SAYS TO DO IT

  • @GannTM said:

    Who hates Scott Jund? He seems like a genuinely cool and funny dude.

    Ngl, I've seen people attempt to hate on even Otz. People will go to nutty lengths to insult someone they disagree with.

  • What's the summary? 13 min is too long atm but curious what this is about.

  • @VESSEL said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot2-1p_mrNs

    Yes yes, go ahead and tell me how much you hate his killer main ass. He speaks nothing but truth.

    Given his takes on Twitter and some of the unnecessary political references in his videos, plus some of the worst takes on meta killers, I doubt it. He isn't a "Killer main", he has mixed opinions but some of the most prominent ones like on Spirit make him sound EXTREMELY Survivor biased.

    It's unfortunate that he's a community leader.

    But in the regards to the video... 4 minutes in and everything seems fine. It makes sense, this might be one of his better videos.

  • @VESSEL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065946#Comment_2065946

    Ngl, I've seen people attempt to hate on even Otz. People will go to nutty lengths to insult someone they disagree with.

    People go absolutely nuts if a certain British man is mentioned

  • @GannTM said:

    Who hates Scott Jund? He seems like a genuinely cool and funny dude.

    Wrote this prior: "Given his takes on Twitter and some of the unnecessary political references in his videos, plus some of the worst takes on meta killers, I doubt it. He isn't a "Killer main", he has mixed opinions but some of the most prominent ones like on Spirit make him sound EXTREMELY Survivor biased."

    Some of his videos frustrated me, I didn't even want to click on the one with the Trump thumbmail.

    People mostly like him because he's the one who started the "Spirit has no counterplay" thing, he channeled their inner desire to give up and gave them a line to cite off so they can DC upon seeing Spirit is the Killer.

    And all of the people with perfect English and typical "counterplay" buzzwords almost always turn out to be Jund fans.

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065946#Comment_2065946

    Lots of people hate scott because he debunked myths about spirit animation/shards/viable counterplay and has made videos explaining why spirit and Deathslinger can have no counterplay without being op.

    You mean via his "retroactive counterplay" video? Which had a bunch of cherrypicking and can be easily applied to facing good Survivors as Killer? "Oh, this Claudette feints vaults, I learnt that after she vaulted and restarted the entire chase", etc.

    I STILL remember that "you can't dodge slinger's shots within 12 meters" line. It's a harpoon gun, do you think anyone can dodge a gun that close?

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/238806/scott-jund-hate-him-but-he-only-speaks-truth

    Most people love him I do as well but holy ######### I've never been more mad at a chapter than this one

    The twins one was way worse

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065963#Comment_2065963

    You mean via his "retroactive counterplay" video? Which had a bunch of cherrypicking and can be easily applied to facing good Survivors as Killer? "Oh, this Claudette feints vaults, I learnt that after she vaulted and restarted the entire chase", etc.

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Everyone can't agree. That's fine. Just his opinion ma dude.

  • Yes and no I expected twins to be awful and saw no potential in them trickster has potential and yet they basically nerfed him despite feedback

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065950#Comment_2065950

    People go absolutely nuts if a certain British man is mentioned

    Next killer "The British Man" when? 👀

  • I've always wanted to be a killer :3 I'm throw Dr Pepper at people

    ...

    yeah sorry, this brit doesn't like tea

  • @VESSEL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065969#Comment_2065969

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Everyone can't agree. That's fine. Just his opinion ma dude.

    Unfortunately, this doesn't work. The major issue is that his opinions get held in very, very high esteem and are regurgitated almost always whenever Spirit comes up. His influence is very strong because of people championing around him because he says what they want to hear despite the lower view count his videos get.

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065978#Comment_2065978

    Yes and no I expected twins to be awful and saw no potential in them trickster has potential and yet they basically nerfed him despite feedback

    Yeah it's definitely a bummer that Trickster's power level doesn't match his aesthetics/coolness. He had a lot of potential.


    But at least they didn't ship a perk that just does not work and didn't have to patch in basic functionality into the killer later. I think you're forgetting just how sad that chapter was.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065980#Comment_2065980

    Unfortunately, this doesn't work. The major issue is that his opinions get held in very, very high esteem and are regurgitated almost always whenever Spirit comes up. His influence is very strong because of people championing around him because he says what they want to hear despite the lower view count his videos get.

    I mean, it's the same side for other streamers? All other viewers hold their favs in high regard, like I do at times with Otz.

    It's just an opinion, is it a competition to get in good favors with behavior?

    Ngl the pessimist and maybe realist inside me believes Behaviour won't give a ######### about any streamer

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065989#Comment_2065989

    Yeah it's definitely a bummer that Trickster's power level doesn't match his aesthetics/coolness. He had a lot of potential.

    But at least they didn't ship a perk that just does not work and didn't have to patch in basic functionality into the killer later. I think you're forgetting just how sad that chapter was.

    I just had low expectations for that chapter

  • Or just a link to the video, I'm curious. When I read your reply, I immediately thought of that scene in The Incredibles on the plane.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066010#Comment_2066010

    Or just a link to the video, I'm curious. When I read your reply, I immediately thought of that scene in The Incredibles on the plane.

    I went through his last videos of the year. Couldn't see a Trump.

    He's just an outspoken guy on the left - or as some would call him. "Literally a Satan Worshiper"

    But that makes me happy as a Satanist :3

  • Scott's great, knows what he is talking about, and wants a genuinely fair game for both killer and survivor.

    The dude is very chill too.

    Anyways as for the video I agree with him once more on this; they really need to open some kind of communication method because this is getting ridiculous, every update comes with some new cluster ######### that could have been easily prevented by talking to the community for like 30 minutes.

  • @VESSEL said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot2-1p_mrNs

    Yes yes, go ahead and tell me how much you hate his killer main ass. He speaks nothing but truth.

    I mean he's not wrong. Him and Otz are usually dead on when it comes to these things.

  • @VESSEL said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot2-1p_mrNs

    Yes yes, go ahead and tell me how much you hate his killer main ass. He speaks nothing but truth.

    You misstyped "survivor main ass".

    And let's be honest, pointing out the obvious isn't a massive feat.

    His other takes are usually frankly bad.

  • Scott speaks the truth, the devs don’t feel the need to be constantly working on their game because dbd has no competition. If dbd had competition then they’d be threatened that another game will take all their players so they’ll work harder to make them stay. Which is smart but sad to say.

  • @_HN_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/238806/scott-jund-hate-him-but-he-only-speaks-truth

    You misstyped "survivor main ass".

    And let's be honest, pointing out the obvious isn't a massive feat.

    His other takes are usually frankly bad.

    I mark this as the point where this thread dies.

    See y'all next time!

  • Scott would probably be the breath of life this game needs if he was hired by BHVR, he actually knows what the balance of DBD should be.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066020#Comment_2066020

    Other stuff aside, I did exactly that and couldn't find it. He changed the thumbmail or the video was deleted. No idea why he would do that.

    It's the "Whataboutism" video, at least the thumbnail is right there with a Trapper with a Trump face for me anyway.

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    Scott would probably be the breath of life this game needs if he was hired by BHVR, he actually knows what the balance of DBD should be.

    Apparently he was on the dev team for WC3 dota. That's a pretty good thing to have on a resume, imo

  • Scott Jund is based af. He's definitely one of my favorite DBD content creators out there.

    Love him or hate him, he spittin' true fax.

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    Scott would probably be the breath of life this game needs if he was hired by BHVR, he actually knows what the balance of DBD should be.

    He has some good ideas, but some bad ones too. I think Otz has the best sense of balance of all the streamers I've watched (which admittedly isn't many)

    I also disagree that BHVR has no incentive to improve their game. Because they've been doing that. They've just been doing it really slowly. I mean they recently gave Wraith a nice buff. Last year we got all new maps. Doctor is actually playable now. Clown is a little better. They could be a little more open with us. They don't even have to give specifics. Just be like "Yeah, we're looking at Trapper. We know that he's add-on dependent, and we'd like to fix that. We can't give you a timeframe right now, but know that we're working on it." I think that'd satisfy most reasonable people.

  • That was the first video of his I have ever seen. It was pretty good #########.

  • @KingFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066057#Comment_2066057

    He has some good ideas, but some bad ones too. I think Otz has the best sense of balance of all the streamers I've watched (which admittedly isn't many)

    I also disagree that BHVR has no incentive to improve their game. Because they've been doing that. They've just been doing it really slowly. I mean they recently gave Wraith a nice buff. Last year we got all new maps. Doctor is actually playable now. Clown is a little better. They could be a little more open with us. They don't even have to give specifics. Just be like "Yeah, we're looking at Trapper. We know that he's add-on dependent, and we'd like to fix that. We can't give you a timeframe right now, but know that we're working on it." I think that'd satisfy most reasonable people.

    That's fair!

    I'm sure they have an incentive, it's just a very lax incentive due to no competition.

    Communication would ease everyone a lot, but it could also open the community up to how little they are putting into the game, maybe. E.g. Silence leaves no room for criticism, just guess work, which is ultimately what the community has done since 2016.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/238806/scott-jund-hate-him-but-he-only-speaks-truth

    Given his takes on Twitter and some of the unnecessary political references in his videos, plus some of the worst takes on meta killers, I doubt it. He isn't a "Killer main", he has mixed opinions but some of the most prominent ones like on Spirit make him sound EXTREMELY Survivor biased.

    It's unfortunate that he's a community leader.

    But in the regards to the video... 4 minutes in and everything seems fine. It makes sense, this might be one of his better videos.

    Who in their right mind thinks "Spirit needs a nerf or a change to be more fair to Survivors" is a Survivor biased statement lmao.

    Also, politics isnt something to hate someone over if they points about the game are accurate or at least understandable. I've disagreed

    with him on more than a few occasions, but at no point has he sounded Survivor or Killer sided, and he doesn't even go into politics that much.

    @_HN_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/238806/scott-jund-hate-him-but-he-only-speaks-truth

    You misstyped "survivor main ass".

    And let's be honest, pointing out the obvious isn't a massive feat.

    His other takes are usually frankly bad.

    How are they bad? Do you disagree on a 50/50 statement or did I miss something? I'm curious.

    @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065999#Comment_2065999

    I didn't even click the video. Oddly enough, when I go back to it, I can't find the thumbmail.

    He didn't say anything on Trump on Youtube I think... it was a Youtube video thumbmail that is mysteriously missing. Half of the thumbmail was Trapper with a photoshopped Trump head and the other half was of Jund during one of his "talk videos" I think.

    It was around the same period of time that the retroactive counterplay video existed, but that might be gone too. I just checked all of his videos and I can't find it. Video was either deleted or he changed the thumbmail.

    The picture was a joke and the video was "Whataboutism in DBD", because of the problem DBD has where sometimes people just say "well what about ____" when someone makes a point about something else. It wasn't a political stance in any sense IMO, it was just a joke and at most a light jab, boo hoo.

    And Twitter should be treated entirely separately from Youtube, Twitter is a dumpster fire and Youtube is only trying to make itself a dumpster fire.

    On that note, the last political statement he made was over a week ago on Twitter, and honestly I disagree with it but that doesn't make him a bad human or bad at DBD with bad opinions???

  • @oxygen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066050#Comment_2066050

    It's the "Whataboutism" video, at least the thumbnail is right there with a Trapper with a Trump face for me anyway.

    Yeah, thanks, I didn't remember the video name.

  • @KingFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066057#Comment_2066057

    He has some good ideas, but some bad ones too. I think Otz has the best sense of balance of all the streamers I've watched (which admittedly isn't many)

    I also disagree that BHVR has no incentive to improve their game. Because they've been doing that. They've just been doing it really slowly. I mean they recently gave Wraith a nice buff. Last year we got all new maps. Doctor is actually playable now. Clown is a little better. They could be a little more open with us. They don't even have to give specifics. Just be like "Yeah, we're looking at Trapper. We know that he's add-on dependent, and we'd like to fix that. We can't give you a timeframe right now, but know that we're working on it." I think that'd satisfy most reasonable people.

    He never said they never improve their game, but they have no INCENTIVE to. Incentive means reason. Since they have no competitors at the moment, outside of like 1 game in beta testing, they have no reason to work to improve the game.

    Imo Otz and Scott's opinions, balance wise, are very similar, as well. Though I could be missing something. It's probably one of those things where it depends on the person and both are right.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I've been watching Scott since his DkS3 days and...I don't really understand the appeal of discussing his filler videos as though they're be-all end-all, well put together critiques. I don't mind people agreeing with some (or even most) of his points but I wouldn't ever use these videos as a solid base of discussion since they're so ad lib and largely speculative.

    I feel like he could make them longer, but he doesn't because 1) It's content that's meant to be easy to consume, and 2) He thinks the examples are good enough. And honestly that's fair enough. I'm sure he'd be free to answer a question or 2 on Discord and such.

  • I did that on his channel as you suggested, I got a bunch of different videos Jund has made, but not this one. He did some... interesting videos a decade ago.

    But yes, that is the video I was talking about.

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065997#Comment_2065997

    How can people both be sheep and regurgitate his opinions and then also "he says what they want to hear".

    Is he bandwagoning survivors complaining or are survivors bandwagoning him because he complained? Check your cognitive dissonance here

    To me it just sounds like you're hating on him because of his political views and cause he actually provided counter evidence to the dismissive attitude from particular bias killer mains who just say "git gud" "analyze shard pixels," "I have no trouble playing against spirit"

    That's not contradictory in the slightest. One can be both at the same time. I'm not sure what point you were making.

    And he's where most of the typical popular opinions came from. He got popular because he said what they always wanted to hear: "Spirit has no counterplay, just give up and throw yourself onto the ground." It's easier to give up and say "it's impossible" than try. People have had these discussions and it's when the smart people come out with how you're supposed to approach Spirit that people who want Spirit nerfed.

    His evidence... or rather, his logic, is bad. I suffered through the Retroactive Counterplay video and wrote a long comment that debunked the entire thing (that I deleted a few weeks later because nobody acknowledged it (for obvious reasons).). His examples are poor and the "you can't dodge slinger's shot when you're close enough" reeks of entitlement. Like, yes, of course you can't dodge a gun when you're at basically point blank range.

    I am allowed to dislike someone because they used their platform to voice what they think on American current issues. Even if I gave Jund the benefit of the doubt and separated Twitter from Youtube, he still uploaded that "Whataboutism" video with a Trump thumbnail. The implied connection he's trying to make is obvious.

  • Scott's cool and fun, it's his stans that make things annoying (see: surge in posts about nerfing Iron Will because he personally doesn't like it).


    That said, he's makes great points here and it's a shame none of it will be heard by BHVR.

  • @Mysterynovus said:

    Scott's cool and fun, it's his stans that make things annoying (see: surge in posts about nerfing Iron Will because he personally doesn't like it).

    That said, he's makes great points here and it's a shame none of it will be heard by BHVR.

    Yeah, stans are stupid. Like, I love Otz, and agree with most he says. But I'm not afraid to disagree if something comes up. Same with anyone else.

  • @Critical_Fish said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065955#Comment_2065955

    Who in their right mind thinks "Spirit needs a nerf or a change to be more fair to Survivors" is a Survivor biased statement lmao.

    Also, politics isnt something to hate someone over if they points about the game are accurate or at least understandable. I've disagreed

    with him on more than a few occasions, but at no point has he sounded Survivor or Killer sided, and he doesn't even go into politics that much.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066039#Comment_2066039

    How are they bad? Do you disagree on a 50/50 statement or did I miss something? I'm curious.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066038#Comment_2066038

    The picture was a joke and the video was "Whataboutism in DBD", because of the problem DBD has where sometimes people just say "well what about ____" when someone makes a point about something else. It wasn't a political stance in any sense IMO, it was just a joke and at most a light jab, boo hoo.

    And Twitter should be treated entirely separately from Youtube, Twitter is a dumpster fire and Youtube is only trying to make itself a dumpster fire.

    Oh, he's said more than that in his Retroactive Counterplay video, I think. His "Spirit has no counterplay at all whatsoever" opinions are what indirectly shaped the Otzdarva community video. Otz's chat is echoing similar opinions to Jund because that's where they got it from.

    I also mentioned more than politics...

    And the picture was a political joke with a obvious implied connection. He picked Trump specifically, it's not hard to imagine why. "It's just a joke" doesn't excuse the connection.

    And I get what you mean, but even if we separate his Twitter from his Youtube, he's still made this video. Plus his Twitter's opinions are connected to him. He has a platform to voice his personal, unwanted thoughts because of his Youtube channel's popularity.

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    Scott would probably be the breath of life this game needs if he was hired by BHVR, he actually knows what the balance of DBD should be.

    Are you kidding? have you seen his proposed clown rework? it's even worse than what we got!

  • @Mysterynovus said:

    Scott's cool and fun, it's his stans that make things annoying (see: surge in posts about nerfing Iron Will because he personally doesn't like it).

    That said, he's makes great points here and it's a shame none of it will be heard by BHVR.

    Wait, people actually thought he wanted Iron Will nerfed? I thought he just said he didn't like it because it was a difficult perk to go against, man his fans are weird. Actually, lemme rephrase that. STANS because they listen to everything he says (Please don't take that wrongly Scott, I have nothing against you).

  • ngl when i opened this thread i didn't expect half the posts to somehow be about my political views

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066140#Comment_2066140

    Oh, he's said more than that in his Retroactive Counterplay video, I think. His "Spirit has no counterplay at all whatsoever" opinions are what indirectly shaped the Otzdarva community video. Otz's chat is echoing similar opinions to Jund because that's where they got it from.

    I also mentioned more than politics...

    And the picture was a political joke with a obvious implied connection. He picked Trump specifically, it's not hard to imagine why. "It's just a joke" doesn't excuse the connection.

    And I get what you mean, but even if we separate his Twitter from his Youtube, he's still made this video. Plus his Twitter's opinions are connected to him. He has a platform to voice his personal, unwanted thoughts because of his Youtube channel's popularity.

    Well she doesn't..? Spirit's only counterplay is Iron Will and you can just run Stridor to counter it? Also, Scott without Stridor, can consistently get downs with Spirit against people with Iron Will. It's not a counter.

    Even if it is a connection, whataboutism was practiced by Trump, and it's not an incorrect opinion to say that you don't like Trump, that's a personal opinion. What does his political views have to do with his takes on DBD btw?

    If he has a platform and popularity, obviously his "personal, unwanted thoughts" are wanted. The videos he's made have nothing to do with politics though, and at least most of his discussion videos are mostly unbiased, and if they're not, they're STILL not politics based. What does his political views have to do with his takes on DBD btw?

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066215#Comment_2066215

    Wait, people actually thought he wanted Iron Will nerfed? I thought he just said he didn't like it because it was a difficult perk to go against, man his fans are weird. Actually, lemme rephrase that. STANS because they listen to everything he says (Please don't take that wrongly Scott, I have nothing against you).

    He wanted it to not make you completely silent while injured instead of only making your grunts of pain silent like it's supposed to. He wants it nerfed, but not it's actual effect. He wants it to do what it says on the tin, and not make you quieter while injured than you are while healthy.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066057#Comment_2066057

    Are you kidding? have you seen his proposed clown rework? it's even worse than what we got!

    His Clown rework is sick tf you mean lmao.

  • I don’t think you have to hate someone to not be a fan of someone, or do I have that wrong?

    I genuinely think he understands a big part of the game, and I don’t agree with everything he says but he is a smart guy.

‹ 1 2