hey devs, how it feels to make 2 chapters in a row and not get money for it?

Cause for sure I am not spending real money for the trash the twins are and even less for trickster, keep going and you'll lose even more money, make good content and you'll get money, that's how it works.

Comments

  • I'm amazed at the number of dev apologists you've drawn out of the gutter with this post... good stuff.

  • @hardtimefun said:

    Cause for sure I am not spending real money for the trash the twins are and even less for trickster, keep going and you'll lose even more money, make good content and you'll get money, that's how it works.

    Ho dude... you'd be surprised.

    I'm actually conviced this chapter will make them a LOT of money and for a very stupid and sad reason : He looks fashionable (I wouldn't use "cool" here, just fashionable) and his skins are actually flashy and diverse enough that it makes you want to buy them (unlike most killers that have very bland recolors and mediocre epic ones).

    And I think that was the whole point of that guy, getting a guy that will wear cool skins first... then maybe be good later.

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    Since they don't have any competition, they're basically allowed to get away with all this nonsense. But thankfully we won't let them

    I wish lol, they won't stop. They have no competition and have no reason, you could count Idenity V which is a but more mobile focused. Unfortunately they won't change and I don't have hope that they will.

  • @hardtimefun said:

    Cause for sure I am not spending real money for the trash the twins are and even less for trickster, keep going and you'll lose even more money, make good content and you'll get money, that's how it works.

    I like how this guy thinks he actually has this much of an impact. No buddy. Thats not how it works. They put out content, we help to make it better, and then they make more content with our ideas or more content from a completely new idea entirely whoch will need more direction again. Be an actual part of the community and participate. Telling them their content gets either side nowhere. Instead give them feedback. This isnt kindergarten.

  • @hardtimefun said:

    Cause for sure I am not spending real money for the trash the twins are and even less for trickster, keep going and you'll lose even more money, make good content and you'll get money, that's how it works.

    But what actual data do you have that they aren't making money? Seems pretty egotistical to think they aren't making money just because you aren't spending it.

  • They are making their money hand over fist. These payment models prey on people

  • @Drazen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060908#Comment_2060908

    this game is only surviving since there is no competition in this genre, but for how long? look how amd took the throne from intel. I hope some other game gives this garbage a good competition soon.

    Oh, that remindes me of my time playing WoW. When i think of all the games that came out and were "WoW-Killers" for sure, because they would be so much better...is any of them still around? Wait, WoW is...not nearly as popular, but still around, on contrast to all its killers.

    Also, i see the new killer and the new surviviors a lot, so someone must be buying it.

  • I hope The Evil Dead game becomes big and actually gives this game competition, so tired of the devs constant ignorance and incompetence to make simple changes that would improve the game for everyone.

  • I bought both characters :D

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060931#Comment_2060931

    That no competition survives is pretty much proof that DBD is NOT garbage.

    If you look at the reasons why all of the asym competition has died, it's either extremely bad luck (Last Year on Discord and Discord closing the store randomly... and what ACTUALLY ended their game for good: Covid), legal trouble (Friday the 13th) or a unfun "rock paper scissors" formula (Resistance)...

    It's not always because the games were bad.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061236#Comment_2061236

    If you look at the reasons why all of the asym competition has died, it's either extremely bad luck (Last Year on Discord and Discord closing the store randomly... and what ACTUALLY ended their game for good: Covid), legal trouble (Friday the 13th) or a unfun "rock paper scissors" formula (Resistance)...

    It's not always because the games were bad.

    Sure, there are outliers, but in majority of cases these games are nowhere near as good as DBD.

    Even this new HSH is looking shoddy. It looks like a game created by former DBD players that were frustrated about certain things not being in DBD, only to now see what an unbalanced mess these mechanics are, and realise exactly why these mechanics aren’t in DBD.

  • I'm assuming they made a lot of money on this chapter and the new cosmetics -- and I hope they did. I hope they use that money to hire more staff so they can keep up with the production schedule and work on their backlog.

  • @Jasix said:

    I bought the DLC... sorry to burst your bubble, but A LOT of people are buying this DLC :)

    Oh and Home Sweet Home.. LOL that game is horrid (played like 3 hours) and if it doesn't do some MAJOR updates before their true launch - it will last about as long as Last Year - if they are lucky.

    Imo, the only reason last year died was because it stayed exclusive to discord for way too long it didn't have the player base to sustain itself and they ended up losing money so they couldn't make any good or big updates.

  • @johnathonmo11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061244#Comment_2061244

    Imo, the only reason last year died was because it stayed exclusive to discord for way too long it didn't have the player base to sustain itself and they ended up losing money so they couldn't make any good or big updates.

    So it died because they couldn't attract enough players to be profitable? That doesn't do much to instill confidence that it was any good.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066366#Comment_2066366

    So it died because they couldn't attract enough players to be profitable? That doesn't do much to instill confidence that it was any good.

    It wasn't the fact that they couldn't attract any players it was the fact that they couldn't advertise the game that well plus it was on the discord store when that was a thing and barely anyone knew about it. If it was on steam it may of had a better chance of surviving. I don't know all of the logistics behind it but I'm assuming that it being on the discord store rather than steam had something to do with the life of the game as it wasn't able to attract in as many players. Some people don't play games that are exclusive to anything other than steam such as Epic Games Store for example.

  • @johnathonmo11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066392#Comment_2066392

    It wasn't the fact that they couldn't attract any players it was the fact that they couldn't advertise the game that well plus it was on the discord store when that was a thing and barely anyone knew about it. If it was on steam it may of had a better chance of surviving. I don't know all of the logistics behind it but I'm assuming that it being on the discord store rather than steam had something to do with the life of the game as it wasn't able to attract in as many players. Some people don't play games that are exclusive to anything other than steam such as Epic Games Store for example.

    Aot of people dislike epic due to their chinese connection (though they still have literally millions of players). Discord on the other hand has a massive built in customer base already without that downside.

    The best advertising for games is word of mouth. Look at Among Us for example. I've never once seen an ad for that game, yet literally everyone I know has played it at least a few times, including my sweet old granny (seriously)

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066399#Comment_2066399

    Aot of people dislike epic due to their chinese connection (though they still have literally millions of players). Discord on the other hand has a massive built in customer base already without that downside.

    The best advertising for games is word of mouth. Look at Among Us for example. I've never once seen an ad for that game, yet literally everyone I know has played it at least a few times, including my sweet old granny (seriously)

    Well then I could be wrong. I didn't okay last year much so I'm not gonna sit here and fully say I know why the game died I was just saying I believe that could of been a reason but Home Sweet Home Survive seems to be getting the same treatment as among us. The game is being talked about a lot. At least by dbd players but you could be right the game could fall down in flames soon enough. I personally don't want it to not because I want to play that but because I want BHVR to have passion in dbd again and feel a need to try harder in this game

  • @johnathonmo11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066420#Comment_2066420

    Well then I could be wrong. I didn't okay last year much so I'm not gonna sit here and fully say I know why the game died I was just saying I believe that could of been a reason but Home Sweet Home Survive seems to be getting the same treatment as among us. The game is being talked about a lot. At least by dbd players but you could be right the game could fall down in flames soon enough. I personally don't want it to not because I want to play that but because I want BHVR to have passion in dbd again and feel a need to try harder in this game

    I have no idea how home sweet home will do, that was the other fella. I didn't enjoy it myself, but others might, and I honestly hope it does well. I agree good competition will force BHVR to do better.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066431#Comment_2066431

    I have no idea how home sweet home will do, that was the other fella. I didn't enjoy it myself, but others might, and I honestly hope it does well. I agree good competition will force BHVR to do better.

    At this point I would be fine with Hello Kitty coming out of no where with some stupid 4v1 game and somehow beat BHVR and make BHVR try super hard because no one wants to be bested by Hello Kitty...I hope

  • devs after seeing this post:

    tantrum.gif

    if they aren't making a profit, then prove it. good luck with that.

  • @hardtimefun said:

    Cause for sure I am not spending real money for the trash the twins are and even less for trickster, keep going and you'll lose even more money, make good content and you'll get money, that's how it works.

    Yeah they did a bad job... But they weren't being malicious. Being a dick doesn't help anyone. You aren't being targeted and they aren't intentionally doing anything. They want you to have fun. It's a shame they missed the mark a few times and I get being annoyed but flaming them in a condescending way Is disproportionate. I'm not saying you have to buy it or anything but just posting to be condescending and Make fun of devs who are just doing their jobs is some extreme entitlement.

  • Anyone who still has their marbles will buy the original killers with shards. So your stats, if you even have any, are muddied. Not everyone wants to boycott this game. Now, if there's stats that show that not a lot of people even spent shards on him, then you've got something.

  • Delete the game then

  • I've honestly moved on to playing survivor. I used to only play killer. I spent the $7.99 for the trickster, and it really was a waste of money. I personally don't like him, he's really slow. When I switched over to survivor, it was fun at first, but I keep getting matched up with people who are terrible, and it makes me not want to play at all. And I'm only level 18! But I'm starting to play this game less and less.

  • How does it feel to be so marvelously detached from reality that you think you're relevant?

  • @Just_Alex said:

    I stopped spending money since Oni and Yui really because of their poor decisions. Never bought a skin with money and sure as hell won't spend any money on this until they fix all the important issues, fix the grind for casuals, put more time into high quality DLC and listen to the community for changes/improvements. I miss the days where we got actual free content that was good and not some cheap bait (Huntress and Nurse).

    Not even Blight?

  • @hardtimefun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060903#Comment_2060903

    home sweet home survive is taking me away from this game REALLY hard, people should move to this game instead

    I have seen some of the game play and it looks good is it like DBD?

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060908#Comment_2060908

    I have seen some of the game play and it looks good is it like DBD?

    there's similarities, doing 3 rituals out of 4 to either escape or kill the specter/killer, many doors and holes to avoid the killer (pallets and windows) tho the killer can break them when they are close even at the start of the match so you take away their defense as much as you can when it start, survivors are faster than you when they sprint but they ahve stamina, you are slightly faster than them when they run but you get "bloodlust" quickly while chasing them and you lose it on hit and also have reduced movement speed, however the hitbox is really unforgiving and survivors can move quickly to dodge you, so 360/180 in this game is way easier to do, honnestly it's 7$, give it a try, a third killer got added as well.


    not gonna lie tho, when you start as killer, you win every game because survivors have no idea what they are doing, but the more and more you play the more and more they will know what they are doing and so the harder your games will be, you can still win, but there's also chase management and all in this game.

  • @hardtimefun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2070314#Comment_2070314

    there's similarities, doing 3 rituals out of 4 to either escape or kill the specter/killer, many doors and holes to avoid the killer (pallets and windows) tho the killer can break them when they are close even at the start of the match so you take away their defense as much as you can when it start, survivors are faster than you when they sprint but they ahve stamina, you are slightly faster than them when they run but you get "bloodlust" quickly while chasing them and you lose it on hit and also have reduced movement speed, however the hitbox is really unforgiving and survivors can move quickly to dodge you, so 360/180 in this game is way easier to do, honnestly it's 7$, give it a try, a third killer got added as well.

    not gonna lie tho, when you start as killer, you win every game because survivors have no idea what they are doing, but the more and more you play the more and more they will know what they are doing and so the harder your games will be, you can still win, but there's also chase management and all in this game.

    Awesome thanks for the explanation I will give this game a try since DBD seems too crazy right now.

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2070324#Comment_2070324

    Awesome thanks for the explanation I will give this game a try since DBD seems too crazy right now.

    let me know what you think of the game :)

  • @Laro said:

    How does it feel to be so marvelously detached from reality that you think you're relevant?

    To be fair, as people make these topics over time, some of those who leave and either say something or say nothing may not come back.

    Sure, it's one person NOW, but how many have actually followed through on their threats? How many have left and haven't said anything?

    I myself actually said I was leaving, and left successfully for several months. I only returned because DBD was a constant in my life and I really liked and missed quite a few things, like the music and stuff. I was able to fight off the instinct to return with small effort, I'm sure others could do the same without ever returning.

  • @aerafield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061007#Comment_2061007

    Okayish killer perks, useless survivor perks, underwhelming killer and no new map. Best DLC ever wdym

    I'm actually really sad they didn't release a neon city map for this chapter. That would've been the most AMAZING map, aesthetically. I would kill for that map instead of reworking another old map (for now), due to how much I would've loved the look of the neon city map.

  • @hardtimefun said:

    Cause for sure I am not spending real money for the trash the twins are and even less for trickster, keep going and you'll lose even more money, make good content and you'll get money, that's how it works.

    The problem is there are plenty of people with more money than brains. If people would stop buying it they wouldn't make it.

  • if they just fix him it be good.

  • Played him on the PTB, wasn't fun, didn't bother afterwards even with the changes for a long time. Now I own him, but he's like barely leveled. Can't be bothered to touch him really.

  • Regardless how much people complain they still end up buying it anyway

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/238207/hey-devs-how-it-feels-to-make-2-chapters-in-a-row-and-not-get-money-for-it

    The problem is there are plenty of people with more money than brains. If people would stop buying it they wouldn't make it.

    I bought it and I don't mind if I have zero brain then. I'm happy and voilà.

  • I hate a lot of the recent stuff, but im addicted.

    All my monies for bhvr.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061236#Comment_2061236

    If you look at the reasons why all of the asym competition has died, it's either extremely bad luck (Last Year on Discord and Discord closing the store randomly... and what ACTUALLY ended their game for good: Covid), legal trouble (Friday the 13th) or a unfun "rock paper scissors" formula (Resistance)...

    It's not always because the games were bad.

    As someone who has played both last Year and Friday the 13th I can gaurentee you they didn't die to bad luck.

    Last Year was the killer bully sim of Deathgarden up to 11. You were so impotent as a killer and the devs just didn't care because they wanted to stuff the game with cosmetic buying survivors. It was just miserable, a coordinated survivor team didn't just always win, but the killer was spending more of the game dead than alive. It was a 4v1 game with combat where the 4 were overtly stronger than the 1. Not even using asymetry to mask it, it was a fairly symetrical game inside the combat where the killer was weaker, it was stupid. Like one of the killers was just 'Smoker from L4D but alone.' Imagine how well that would go.

    Friday the 13th just wasn't a very good game and its playerbase was dead LONG before the announcement that they were ceasing development. There just wasn't a lot to do in the game and the interactions were fairly uninteresting. It lacked the fun of launch DBD's hide and seek/juke energy, or the fun of modern DBD's looping and mindgames, because Jason's tracking potential was infinitely strong and it was more about just running out of endurance than actually using obstacles or powers.

  • @hardtimefun said:

    Cause for sure I am not spending real money for the trash the twins are and even less for trickster, keep going and you'll lose even more money, make good content and you'll get money, that's how it works.

    Money is coming from the skins, not the killers. They even loose money on the licensed chapters. i heard they make 100 million a year and its mostly skins

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2070602#Comment_2070602

    I bought it and I don't mind if I have zero brain then. I'm happy and voilà.

    and thats why they keep releasing chapters of low quality because people like you buy it. By giving them money you are saying "I approve of your actions. Keep doing it"

1 2 ›