Stup cuddling killers - Groaning storehouse
Groaning Storehouse windows are all closed now with just 2 exits and 1 useless pallet.
Are you guys serious?
Groaning Storehouse windows are all closed now with just 2 exits and 1 useless pallet.
Are you guys serious?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
wow I can't brainlessly infinite loop a killer now! I should never have to think playing survivor waaaaah!
You can fix infinite without creating a trap for baby killers that always contains a gen and 50% contains the basement, with no exits and 1 pallet in a useless position.
maybe you are the baby survivor if you needed to rely on this braindead loop 🙂
I will never stop cuddling killers. C'mere trap daddy, time for some snuggles OwO
it's not like there's 20+ pallets on the map that basically would buy you enough time to do most of the gens.
That Storehouse is evil! I was playing a match of Killer after the reset at the time and I had managed to capture one survivor and hook them in the basement. After hooking her I proceeded to search for more prey only to be looped in the storehouse, effectively dooming the basement survivor to death by the first hook. I'm glad that it was nerfed. Now if only they'd close that blasted window in the Ironworks.
ok let me try again slowly:
You can fix infinite
without creating
a trap for baby killers
that always contains a gen
and 50% contains the basement,
with no exits
and 1 pallet in a useless position.
Tell the developer to implement mechanics that would help remove looping.
Survivors have two choices. "Immersed" Stealth or "Brain dead" looping. Currently, playing Stealth(how i like to) yields next to no BP/Pip. Looping grants survivors tons of Bloodpoints. There's no denying it. There's more than 1000 videos on Twitch and Youtube proving this.
They're removing even more pallets on the PTB and "balancing" it with making hooks spawn ONLY outside of 24m of each other unless Offerings are used. Point is, killers ######### about Genrushing and Looping.. the only 2 tools a survivor has to "win" the game. Meanwhile, killers resort to slugging to prevent any sort of hatch escape and/or tunnel and camp survivors they find a "threat".
What exactly do you want survivors to do? Just stand there and let you down them thus creating a killer's version of a M1 Simulator? lol Until the developer actually gives a ######### about Looping, you're stuck with it.
But muh infinites!
I personally prefer playing stealthy, partly because I'm bad at looping, but mostly because I prefer that form of gameplay. Unfortunately, this game greatly promotes looping over stealth, so it feels like self-gimping. I'd really like to see do a pure gameplay update that expands survivor objectives and gameplay options instead of just adding another killer/survivor combo.
Oh boy, the true form of entitlement.
There is still a window perfectly usable to gain distance. Git gud instead of relying on cheap loops.
There is none anymore.
Only the 2 huge entrances.
Sure, but they should have reorganized the room: now is pretty much like the bathroom in The Game (for wich you get an achievement) with the difference of being in the middle of the map therefore crucial to be sure you're not left with close generators at the end.
Look better.
lol
One of the worst looping spots in the game got nerfed and survivor complain about it.
Nice that you show true colors.
No real interesst in "balance", you just want to abuse mechanics to troll killer.
Pretty good job so far.^^
mad coz bad?
See this is exactly what i'm wanting. Instead the killer AND survivor community calls people "bad" because they can't/don't loop. Its a trashy tactic that i can't stand when I play killer. So why adopt it and join the crowd? Instead, i'd like to see the developer at least add a Stealth Category(Evader is not Stealth. End of story lol) and a similar one for killers.
Looping needs to be dissolved and camping/slugging needs to be deterred in some way
As much as I hate looping, what other strategies do survivors have? Stealth does not work with all the aura reading abilities. Evasion has a very low chance of working due to aura reading, noises, blood/scratch marks, whispers, etc. That leaves....looping, or blinding the killer.
I've spent enough time chasing survivors in circles (I tend to not do it long) to know how frustrating it is. At the same time, if they don't have those circles, I'm usually going to down them within 30 seconds or less because they have few ways to get away. Though, with me, hiding can work due to being color blind and not being able to see the scratch marks/blood to begin with. I hunt like a T-Rex, all about movement!
Seriously, they need different options for survivors to get away, without making it the infinite loop.
This is sadly something a lot of killer mains don't understand, if you can't loop or aren't in a good map for stealth you're toast. I suck at looping at looping and don't like doing it, but since the stuff you've descried above is there for killers not much choice.
But if the game went to a more stealth based mode the killers would have to give up their aura perks and whispers and actually hunt people down which given the immersed complaints they won't do.
To the op, there's still ways to lose the killer, you just can't endlessly loop if you're running say balanced landing anymore.
Woohoo… wait… that's a YOU problem.
Stealth is still working… since I do suck at looping, I use stealth and I do it effective (at least on my level), because I know how killer play (because I am a killer main).
Aura reading is nothing impossible to beat. All aura reads are situational, you just have to pay attention to it and play accordingly.
Don't blame the game if you want to play like a toxic scumbag.
Aura reading - so powerful, almost no Survivors use it.
Again Wolf, I agree with you mostly. I too play the stealth game and am quite good at it. That said, the aura perks become more and more difficult to counter and most people don't play it that well.
Don't assume I'm a toxic scumbag either. I choose not to loop, or be a flashlight soldier who harasses the killer. Why? Because I don't think that is the game experience that was in mind when they created the game. That said, I can openly see that survivors have a very limited group options. I would absolutely love to see looping removed. When is the last time you saw a killer looped in a horror movie, perhaps a parody movie instead? At the same time, I'd like to see more options for players to evade, but not endlessly. Perhaps more places to hide, like the cabinets. What about boxes, crates, or a cubby somewhere? Something. End looping, encourage more hiding spots. Those are temporary and would not upset balance too much.
Oh, I can also admit openly that by choosing to not play toxic, I limit my options greatly. I depend entirely on faking out the killer (much harder at higher levels), or breaking line of sight and going stealth, which is very limited against good killers, or those with the right aura sites at the right time. So, don't assume someone arguing against closing windows is against ending looping. I just want to see more evasion options that don't create endless loops of stupidity.
I may require your assistance in shaping this youngling up to be a true warrior!
i have no trouble with this map tile, and i have successfully used both of its possible pallets for stuns numerous times. the devs changed it because the loop was large and could be extended with the available pallet. survivor mains often feel that they should have safe loops and get upset when they lose them.
theres usually a number of pallet gyms outside. its still good to kite the killer thru the storehouse, just use the pallets and keep going. the only thing that has changed is your ability to loop in here.
looping isnt necessary. i play solo and dont loop (unless the killer wont break the pallet), since theres usually enough pallets on a map to bring the killer to each while in a chase, get a stun (or not) and move on to the next. yeah, they may eventually catch you when theres no more, but by that time youve usually maxed boldness and bought everyone time to finish most of the gens. if you kited the killer the whole time and maxed boldness, you did your job and can die happy. my advice is to stop trying to loop so much, and simply use the pallets as intended.
This is what I've always thought. I like Urban evasion as a survivor AND as a killer. I think it's good when survivors play stealth, it leads to some epic moments when you're behind a tree and the killer walks right past without noticing you and you're heart is beating.
Or when a survivor breaks line of sight and somehow disappears behind a wall with a juke, that impresses me.
Running around a loop in comparison takes minimal skill and sadly is one of the most effective things a survivor can do.
I said on the survey that they need to move away from looping and move towards helping survivors break line of sight or hide.
Basically ALL tracking perks have conditions.
You are forgetting about the dozens of killer add-ons that give the killer aura reading abilities just from using their power.
Name them. I doubt you find that many.
@Wolf74
Hag - when survivors trip the trap
Willow Wreath (5 seconds)
Doctor - when Madness increases
"Restraint" - Class II (1 second)
"Restraint" - Carter's Notes (3 seconds)
Freddy - when putting survivors to sleep
Class Photo (see all survivors during transition)
Michael - when survivors have been stalked for at least 1 second
Glass Fragment (EWI - 2 seconds)
Mirror Shard (EWII - 5 seconds)
Michael - while stalking
Vanity Mirror (16 meters)
Scratched Mirror (32 meters)
Huntress - hitting survivors
Glowing Concoction (5 seconds)
Pig - Removing Bear Trap
Amanda's Secret (6 seconds)
Pig - while crouched
Amanda's Letter (12 meters)
Clown - while intoxicated
Tattoo's Middle Finger (6 seconds)
Wraith - while cloaked
"All Seeing" - Mud (6 meters)
I count 18 add-ons that give killers aura reading abilities that tell them where survivors are without perks.
I think it's great. It gives survivors another way to avoid a killer, and allows people to play stealthy. Its far better than everyone running to the nearest loop.
DS is toxic because it undoes the killers hard work. It robs the killer of their reward for their effort - that being a hook.
Urban evasion does not. It's not a get out of jail free card, it still requires skill and knowledge of where and how to hide.
I never claimed survivors are incapable of stealth, but it becomes completely negated with the right killer build, unless you are running Sole Survivor.
lol
Restraint 1
Restraint 2
Restraint 3
Yea… that way you get over 12.^^
And 1 - 2 sec aura reveal is so op. Totally gamebreaking. rofl
Along all those add ons with terrible drawbacks.
Sorry, I totally underestimated the power of aura revealing add ons.
Enlighten me, show me where I said these were OP?
You brought that up as someone said that "aura reading is killing stealth".
Hardly a statement suggesting they are OP. Aura reading is supposed to counter stealth, how is that saying it's OP?
Because it is KILLING stealth. Not just "countering".
Now you've lost me. I don't understand what you are trying to say, because it seems like you agree, but don't agree about aura reading and stealth. Which is it?
I just mock anybody stating that "aura revealing is killing stealth" in this game.
Heck, I can stealth against Doc!
Survivor defend broken mechanics like looping, because "stealth is dead".
I see, so you opt to take a condescending tone instead of a constructive one. Then, I see no point to further discussion with you.
Maybe you should start rereading my postings.
But it is really hard to keep it serious if survivor mains bring up so much nonsense.
My favorite is "survivor get nerfed every patch".
Closely followed by "stealth is dead" and "looping is needed to survive".
Just curious, what build to you typically stealth with? I am currently running Dwight, and the only "stealth" perk I have access to is Spine Chill. I am slowly trying to get all of the teachable perks. Right now, only Bond is unlocked.