If you're playing Spirit

If you're playing Spirit against me then congratulations - you can have the game.

I actually can't fathom what they were thinking with this killer. Can phase so regularly, pop out of thin air, has no hard counter and to top it all off - the skill threshold is incredibly low.

I'm not entertaining Spirit games any more. Any time I see a Spirit I'm refusing to play.

Comments

  • @UncleStabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011084#Comment_2011084

    And what about your team? What if they have a chance to win and then you just decide to throw because you don't like the Killer?

    Fact is, every Killer in every match is outnumbered and ill-equipped, especially when going against sweaty swf teams, and yet this incredibly stressful role is responsible for providing the game's challenge.

    Just because you can't counter play spirit doesnt mean other people can't. Maybe play a bit of her yourself, get good as her, and then formulate outside-the-box strategies to deal with her instead of killing yourself and screwing over your teammates.

    Its attitudes like that that are slowly killing this game.

    I don't have any responsibility for my teammates and their enjoyment. I have responsibility for my own and unapologetically will do whatever I can to maximize it.

    Also, a bit of perspective here. I only do this for Spirit games (approx. 1 in every 20-25 ish games) and give up instantly. That means teammates can themselves make a judgement on whether they want to play on or not without there having been much time investment expended in the match.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    All this crying about Spirit and yet most players still want to play survivor. Think about that. Maybe instead of demanding nerfs for more and more killers you should actually try enticing more people to play killer.

    I'm calling for only ONE nerf to ONE killer - and it's not an unreasonable one given that it appears to be the prevailing view of the community that this killer is way OP. Plus I play both, so I already have a decent picture of what the killer perspective looks like.

  • @Anathema said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011119#Comment_2011119

    I'm calling for only ONE nerf to ONE killer - and it's not an unreasonable one given that it appears to be the prevailing view of the community that this killer is way OP. Plus I play both, so I already have a decent picture of what the killer perspective looks like.

    The community is mostly full of survivors so there's a bias there. Spirit has been nerfed already, she isn't this insane overpowered beast as people make her out to be and this has been proven time and time again. lol even in tournaments all the gens get done and spirit players have to resort to Ol' NOED to try and get the job done but ok lets keep nerfing killers despite "the community" agreeing most of them are underpowered.

    Freddy is getting nerfed. Spirit will be nerfed too. These being two very popular killers. Enjoy when your survivor queue times double.

  • I just got spirit today. GG EZ Clap

  • @gendoss said:

    She also can completely counter iron will making me a 3 perk survivor against her

    No. You bringing Iron Will is the reason she brings Stridor. If Iron Will was not a perk, a Spirit would not need Stridor to hear you. So you're cancelling each other's perks out. She becomes a 3-perk killer and you become a 3-perk survivor.

  • You're entitled. You shouldn't DC for any reason.

  • It's not gonna be a fun match but it's better to just play it out and get some bloodpoints, you might even escape depending on your team. It's something that you'd be better off just dealing with instead of avoiding. I hate Spirit and Deathslinger too but I'm not gonna die on hook just because I'm up against one, that's even more boring because then I'm back in a 5 minute+ queue.

  • Y'all are kinda crazy, I don't have problems playing against any Spirits, even the ones who run strider.

  • @Anathema said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011107#Comment_2011107

    I don't have any responsibility for my teammates and their enjoyment. I have responsibility for my own and unapologetically will do whatever I can to maximize it.

    Also, a bit of perspective here. I only do this for Spirit games (approx. 1 in every 20-25 ish games) and give up instantly. That means teammates can themselves make a judgement on whether they want to play on or not without there having been much time investment expended in the match.

    I feel like this must be the mindset of blendettes and hyper-emersed neas that just sneak around all day without even touching gens.

    Contrary to your opinion, teamwork is a very important part of the Survivor experience, so maybe the reason you keep losing to spirit is because you only watch your own back and refuse to help others.

    I can only hope then, that any teammates you get in the future can learn from your mistake and work together.

  • @Anathema said:

    If you're playing Spirit against me then congratulations - you can have the game.

    I actually can't fathom what they were thinking with this killer. Can phase so regularly, pop out of thin air, has no hard counter and to top it all off - the skill threshold is incredibly low.

    I'm not entertaining Spirit games any more. Any time I see a Spirit I'm refusing to play.

    Amen Brother!

    Is that a Spirit? *hits leave match button*

    Even if it's longer than a 15 minute wait, I got other games I can pop in until I'm reinstated

  • @Yatol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009989#Comment_2009989

    yes please punish your teammates for what the killer chose to play

    Seeing as even if I don't someone else always does against spirit I always will and not waste my time trying to fight a losing battle.

  • @Anathema said:

    If you're playing Spirit against me then congratulations - you can have the game.

    I actually can't fathom what they were thinking with this killer. Can phase so regularly, pop out of thin air, has no hard counter and to top it all off - the skill threshold is incredibly low.

    I'm not entertaining Spirit games any more. Any time I see a Spirit I'm refusing to play.

    @Anathema what a coward..

  • @Seraphor said:

    That's ok, I'll refuse to play against Flashlights and Keys then, and I can lobby hop without consequence.

    @Seraphor I know you would not do that..

    Killers are not as sensitive as survivors.

    That's why they need to play the side that has friends..

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009968#Comment_2009968

    No. You bringing Iron Will is the reason she brings Stridor. If Iron Will was not a perk, a Spirit would not need Stridor to hear you. So you're cancelling each other's perks out. She becomes a 3-perk killer and you become a 3-perk survivor.

    nah i'd still use stridor as spirit. It's specifically amazing for her and her only.

  • Can't stand playing as Spirit but I love versing her. She creates challenging and fun gameplay that requires you to pay attention to your surroundings and must be addressed outside of the looping meta.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2010782#Comment_2010782

    Seeing as even if I don't someone else always does against spirit I always will and not waste my time trying to fight a losing battle.

    just because other DC doesn't mean its now okay.

  • Whether it's okay or not doesn't interest me. What does is not fighting a losing battle to rank down regardless of how hard I try. If I'm going to rank down either way I'd rather not waste my time and move onto the next match ASAP.

  • @Seraphor said:

    That's ok, I'll refuse to play against Flashlights and Keys then, and I can lobby hop without consequence.

    Better just play hag with Franklin's and trap every item with hoarder op everybody knows survivors can't play without their items unless it's a cluadet

  • Coward: a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

    In what sense am I lacking courage?

    Have you ever seen those videos of people hacking as killers in DBD? Zooming across the map and insta-downing people? Do people also lack courage if they don't feel an appetite to play in those games too?

  • @Anathema said:

    If you're playing Spirit against me then congratulations - you can have the game.

    I actually can't fathom what they were thinking with this killer. Can phase so regularly, pop out of thin air, has no hard counter and to top it all off - the skill threshold is incredibly low.

    I'm not entertaining Spirit games any more. Any time I see a Spirit I'm refusing to play.

    You should address this to all of your survivor team mates... I think they'll be more effected by your hissy fit than the person playing spirit 3v1.

  • What i hate about Spirit is that it is so incredibly easy to learn and when you get good with her you are almost unstoppable and not only that, her addons can remove the little counterplay she has. The skillcap "might" be a bit lower than with nurse but you get both your hands held by your parents during the journey compared with nurse wich is just a constant kick in the balls.

  • This is what entitlement looks like

  • @voorheesgt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/233774/if-youre-playing-spirit

    You should address this to all of your survivor team mates... I think they'll be more effected by your hissy fit than the person playing spirit 3v1.

    Gr8 b8 m8

  • @immortalls96 said:

    This is what entitlement looks like

    Entitled to a competitive game yea. I make no apologies for it

  • @WalkedMoss92 said:

    Y'all are kinda crazy, I don't have problems playing against any Spirits, even the ones who run strider.

    Thank you. I run Spirit and I'm wondering when all my 4k streaks are supposed to show up. I go for hooks and fluctuate between 0k and 4k DEPENDING ON THE SKILL OF THE SURVIVOR.

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011287#Comment_2011287

    nah i'd still use stridor as spirit. It's specifically amazing for her and her only.

    My argument stems from the fact that Stridor makes survivors too loud when they don't have Iron Will. They sound like they're right next to you when they're really behind a wall or 2.

  • Is there a newer version to that

    @Peanits said:

    Stats are back at last! We've taken some time to gather some data and make some fancy graphs for your viewing pleasure. Be sure to let us know if you'd like to see more regular stat releases in the future! Since it has been a while since we last shared stats, these graphs show data from the past three months unless otherwise stated. Please keep in mind that numbers are not everything; there are a whole bunch of factors that could influence these numbers.

    Note: If you're having trouble viewing the charts, clicking on them will open a larger version.

    Killer power vs. popularity

    Starting off with how frequently killers are played compared to how well they tend to do on average. A 50% kill rate would be the equivalent of two survivors dying and two survivors escaping.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/230/KSPIKOCTC8RD.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/910/6KD3I8P3L1V9.png

    Maps

    We went ahead and checked which three maps are safest and which three are the most dangerous.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/275/ZYOLAR28JADQ.png

    Mid-chapter 3.3.0: Outcome

    The Nurse was changed in the last mid-chapter patch, and we've been keeping an eye on her performance since then. Below, we've listed her performance on PC before and after the changes, both in all ranks and in red ranks. Like the charts above, the numbers shown here are her kill rates (where 50% means two survivors escape and two die).

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/864/BDOZ0GYZMPZW.png


    ?


    Because that kind would actually provide facts.


    The problem with the posted things is that:

    • Its outdated
    • Not separeted by ranks


    If you look for the KD vs Pick rate, which is only for red rank, you see that spirit is picked more often than the other killer but doesnt manage to get 100% kill rate. Meaning in average one survivors escapes. But she isnt far of from the majority of killers who lie at 70% instead of spirits 75%.


    As a note. I find the map statistic interesting.


    As a newer payler i would have thought that a map should be desinged to be close to 50% to allow for a fair competition but some of them seem quite far away from 50%.

  • Well well well - looks like what I said has some resonance in the community.

    Otzdarva just posted a video to indicate his thoughts that Spirit's add ons are problematic:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dqzt_FRFPc


  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    All these survivors complain about little counterplay, have you ever taken a low/mid tier killer with no kind of anti-loop mechanics against good survivors stacking second chance perks through maps full of safe pallets, god pallets, god windows and spaced between hold W zones?

    Survivors have no counterplay too in many scenarios yet people act like it doesn’t exist. Its why people dont enjoy using those killers at high rank.

    Yes, I have, arguably the worst killer on the roster, Myers, can hold his own against good survivors.

    The point where you stop being wrong, and start being right, is the competitive scene. You know, where survivors actually cannot be countered because they rush gens and the only way to get kills is to camp. But guess what? DBD isn't a tournament. If you struggle as any other killer besides Spirit, you got boosted into red ranks because of Spirit. Stop playing Spirit, take the derank, play killers that actually require skill to play. Learn mechanics that you're obviously lacking and find out what you need to prioritize as a killer, rather than playing Spirit, who can ignore 60% of the game. You suck as other killers because you're uneducated as a killer.


    This is exactly why Spirit is a problem. You have people complaining about the average red rank survivor, when pretty much any killer main playing anything but Spirit will tell you that other than some relatively minor changes, all killers can be used in red ranks.

    Spirit needs to either lose her scratchmark tracking, making it harder for her to know what a survivor is doing while also actually giving survivors some counterplay without impacting Spirit's power mechanics. OR she needs to give survivors *some* information on her location while she is phasing.

    Both will definitely harm her popularity, but I doubt it will harm her performance. You're still fast enough to fake and get hits. You're still able to hear survivors(note, legion loses blood AND scratchmarks while moving slower than Spirit, can't even down people with his power and I dare you to play against a red rank legion main. Spirit doesn't need scratchmarks).


    SWF doesn't need a change, solo survivors do. SWF doesn't need a debuff, survivors working on 3 gens seperately needs one(similar one as 3 survivors working on 1 gen). You don't need to slow down survivors working on 2 gens at the same time, as that gives you 3 sets of gens(2+2+1) as the optimal genfix, which is enough to kill at least 1 survivor and interrupt gens from finishing, other than the current 2 sets(3+2) as optimal genfix. But that change cannot happen untill after solo queue is buffed. SWF would remain the same after all. Once solo queue gets buffed, then the devs can address genspeeds.

1 2 ›