We need more MEN of color

The last man of color we got was Adam Francis 3 years ago the only men of color we have are black and asians, why no Indian ,native American ,japanese ,Korean, native islander ...male survivors

edit: I'm really glad this is causing a discussion no matter the size

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @RealKamakaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978255#Comment_1978255

    Mostly it's only new players that do that (Well and players that have loads of money to burn and buy all customisable options for their characters) I mean when I started I played Ace Visconti and his perks are terrible but I played him because he looked good.

    ace is my Male survivor main so i understand loving his cosmetics

  • @RealKamakaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978242#Comment_1978242

    Because these days when people play games, watch TV and read comics they are always for some reason thinking about identity politics when we all know any form of media that gets woke goes broke. I mean Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, Marvel & DC are all examples of things that put identity politics before making their movies, shows or comics actually good. I suppose it's fear of being cancelled but let's be honest people that are a part of cancel culture on twitter are extremely sad, lonely & bored individuals who have nothing better to do other than attack people thinking they are doing a justice when they aren't. I mean in reality cancel culture does nothing but make people sit there and laugh at the people cancelling others. Rick And Morty, Chris Pratt, Dominos, Attack on Titan are all examples of things that were cancelled for no reason and afterwards after the sane individuals had sat and laughed everything went back to normal.

    None of those things were cancelled, the MCU made billions of USD, Doctor Who is still going strong, DC was already in decline, Ghostbusters was a failure from the start, which is unrelated to the cast.

    "Get woke, go broke" is not real. Wonder Woman, Black Panther, and more, all prove it's fake.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978271#Comment_1978271

    ace is my Male survivor main so i understand loving his cosmetics

    Yeah my point exactly. When you are a new player and don't understand perks you play the survivor you like the look of most but you also might play them if you have unlocked all the perks you want for your other survivors.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978265#Comment_1978265

    None of those things were cancelled, the MCU made billions of USD, Doctor Who is still going strong, DC was already in decline, Ghostbusters was a failure from the start, which is unrelated to the cast.

    "Get woke, go broke" is not real. Wonder Woman, Black Panther, and more, all prove it's fake.

    the only reason doctor who is dead is because of the writers not the political commentary , if the writers did a good job it wouldn't be half-dead like it is right now

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978118#Comment_1978118

    Player choice?

    Why aren't all the Survivors and Killers generic yellow test dummies to promote a standardized experience?

    Now I want a yellow test dummy as a survivor.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978275#Comment_1978275

    the only reason doctor who is dead is because of the writers not the political commentary , if the writers did a good job it wouldn't be half-dead like it is right now

    Doctor Who is not dead. You can look at the data on Wikipedia.

  • it needs to happen now, a legacy skin for legion

  • @RealKamakaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978242#Comment_1978242

    Because these days when people play games, watch TV and read comics they are always for some reason thinking about identity politics when we all know any form of media that gets woke goes broke. I mean Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, Marvel & DC are all examples of things that put identity politics before making their movies, shows or comics actually good. I suppose it's fear of being cancelled but let's be honest people that are a part of cancel culture on twitter are extremely sad, lonely & bored individuals who have nothing better to do other than attack people thinking they are doing a justice when they aren't. I mean in reality cancel culture does nothing but make people sit there and laugh at the people cancelling others. Rick And Morty, Chris Pratt, Dominos, Attack on Titan are all examples of things that were cancelled for no reason and afterwards after the sane individuals had sat and laughed everything went back to normal.

    The thing is. This is about DbD. Not about inclusiveness in art in general. It's about a game, where people like to have a good variety of options of characters to play as. Pointing out the lack of options in male PoC makes absolute sense here. Tell me how would it make DbD a worse gameplay experience, if future male DbD survivors might come from ethnicies that aren't represented yet in the game? It's not breaking immersion, because they are normal human beeings as the rest. It's actually making the game better by increasing the variety in options for everyone. So we all can have fun.

  • @Freudentrauma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978265#Comment_1978265

    The thing is. This is about DbD. Not about inclusiveness in art in general. It's about a game, where people like to have a good variety of options of characters to play as. Pointing out the lack of options in male PoC makes absolute sense here. Tell me how would it make DbD a worse gameplay experience, if future male DbD survivors might come from ethnicies that aren't represented yet in the game? It's not breaking immersion, because they are normal human beeings as the rest. It's actually making the game better by increasing the variety in options for everyone. So we all can have fun.

    Well if they want the game to be fun they should fix the endless list of bugs and issues first don't you think? Not new characters and perks.

  • @RealKamakaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978307#Comment_1978307

    Well if they want the game to be fun they should fix the endless list of bugs and issues first don't you think? Not new characters and perks.

    The every-three-months-chapter model is quite known right now. And yes it's critized and people are asking for a slowdown and higher focus on bugfixing. But that concern is totally unrelated to this. It has nothing to do with the ethnicy and gender of newly introduced characters.

  • How about we stay on topic? This is not about cancel culture or any series or their statistics or content creators. Let's not trail off, thank you.

    Also, the teams are separate. It's different teams working on different things. Bug fixes and balance does not suffer from the creation of characters. They are very different teams.

    The team that creates characters works on their... surprise, stories! Who they are, etc. Representation is important to BHVR. It's a important topic and again, the forum and game has no place for racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia or any kind of lgbtphobia.

    We're a diverse team and we welcome everyone. BHVR always strives for inclusivity and diversity.

  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    How about we stay on topic? This is not about cancel culture or any series or their statistics or content creators. Let's not trail off, thank you.

    Also, the teams are separate. It's different teams working on different things. Bug fixes and balance does not suffer from the creation of characters. They are very different teams.

    The team that creates characters works on their... surprise, stories! Who they are, etc. Representation is important to BHVR. It's a important topic and again, the forum and game has no place for racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia or any kind of lgbtphobia.

    We're a diverse team and we welcome everyone. BHVR always strives for inclusivity and diversity.

    im glad bhvr is really taking a step forward, just posting my thoughts and im glad the conversation is getting traction

  • Well the last white NON-licensed Survivors were Felix and Jeff (Jeff being released just after Adam), if you have complains about diversity aim at Netflix and Konami since they own the last licensed Survivors and they were the ones designing them.

    Jane is latin, Yui is east-asian, Zarina is arab and Elodie is black.

  • I am nudging for a last reminder to stay on topic.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    Well the last white NON-licensed Survivors were Felix and Jeff (Jeff being released just after Adam), if you have complains about diversity aim at Netflix and Konami since they own the last licensed Survivors and they were the ones designing them.

    Jane is latin, Yui is east-asian, Zarina is arab and Elodie is black.

    i thought zarnia was from india... intresting

  • Zarina is Lebanese.

    or her parents are from there. She grew up in the USA.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978352#Comment_1978352

    Zarina is Lebanese.

    or her parents are from there. She grew up in the USA.

    oh sorry i misspoke again i meant i thought she was indian. but yeah good to know she is labanese

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978118#Comment_1978118

    Player choice?

    Why aren't all the Survivors and Killers generic yellow test dummies to promote a standardized experience?

    To get more money on ingame store cosmetics.

  • @GravyRobbers85 said:

    How about we just quit promoting cultural Marxism? Be happy with what you have. You want equality, but you only want it when it's convenient for you.

    I'm sorry what's cultural Marxism?

  • When 90% of the player base uses “beautiful woman” as their skin despite all options. I use P3 claud for an ingame advantage. Forget the rest.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978420#Comment_1978420

    When 90% of the player base uses “beautiful woman” as their skin despite all options. I use P3 claud for an ingame advantage. Forget the rest.

    Stealthy can be made attractive too. And p3 Claud is not unattractive to everyone.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978420#Comment_1978420

    When 90% of the player base uses “beautiful woman” as their skin despite all options. I use P3 claud for an ingame advantage. Forget the rest.

    Huh? I'm confused

  • @RealKamakaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978242#Comment_1978242

    Because these days when people play games, watch TV and read comics they are always for some reason thinking about identity politics when we all know any form of media that gets woke goes broke. I mean Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, Marvel & DC are all examples of things that put identity politics before making their movies, shows or comics actually good. I suppose it's fear of being cancelled but let's be honest people that are a part of cancel culture on twitter are extremely sad, lonely & bored individuals who have nothing better to do other than attack people thinking they are doing a justice when they aren't. I mean in reality cancel culture does nothing but make people sit there and laugh at the people cancelling others. Rick And Morty, Chris Pratt, Dominos, Attack on Titan are all examples of things that were cancelled for no reason and afterwards after the sane individuals had sat and laughed everything went back to normal.

    Marvel sucks anyway. They try cancel Papa John too and actually slandered his good name on purpose despite knowing what context he used the word he used. Twitter doo doo and "cancel culture" as you say for "sad" people with nothing better to do than stick nose in others business and play at being beacon of morality.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978423#Comment_1978423

    Stealthy can be made attractive too. And p3 Claud is not unattractive to everyone.

    Oh really? Whenever I see p3 claudetee I want to gouge my eye out because I know it's for camo reason and I hate the character.

  • @Raja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978428#Comment_1978428

    Oh really? Whenever I see p3 claudetee I want to gouge my eye out because I know it's for camo reason and I hate the character.

    p3 claudette that i can agree is used for stealth but other cosmetics not really since they brighter up clauds cosmetics a lil bit

  • @Raja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978428#Comment_1978428

    Oh really? Whenever I see p3 claudetee I want to gouge my eye out because I know it's for camo reason and I hate the character.

    I am just saying some people might find that beautiful too. Not everyone is the same.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978435#Comment_1978435

    p3 claudette that i can agree is used for stealth but other cosmetics not really since they brighter up clauds cosmetics a lil bit

    Well I only mentioned p3 anyway. Still want to gouge eye out when see character in lobby same for nea

  • @Raja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978265#Comment_1978265

    Marvel sucks anyway. They try cancel Papa John too and actually slandered his good name on purpose despite knowing what context he used the word he used. Twitter doo doo and "cancel culture" as you say for "sad" people with nothing better to do than stick nose in others business and play at being beacon of morality.

    I Think cancel culture is a double edged sword. Yes people tend to cancel others for the most petty and insignificant thing but I have also seen people use cancel culture as a way to write off the most awful things and not take responsibility for their actions.

  • I honestly don't care either way but from a business standpoint it makes more sense to make female survivors, from my personal experience I've seen more female characters with premium outfits than male characters. Not only that I believe it's more common for a man to play a female character than a woman to play a male character. So they already have a majority percentage of a demographic to focus on.

    Not against adding more male characters but I don't really see them focusing on that.

  • Personally, I'd like to see more European ethnicities in DBD. Like there's always that American Italian in media but there's never any Italians outside of immigrants to America. How about Irish? Switzerland ppl's? I barely see Greek ppl either. Never seen anyone from Luxemburg or Belgium. No wonder there are memes saying they don't exist. Then there are the eastern Europeans that are at most shown as impoverished, superstitious folk.

  • @Terro said:

    Personally, I'd like to see more European ethnicities in DBD. Like there's always that American Italian in media but there's never any Italians outside of immigrants to America. How about Irish? Switzerland ppl's? I barely see Greek ppl either. Never seen anyone from Luxemburg or Belgium. No wonder there are memes saying they don't exist. Then there are the eastern Europeans that are at most shown as impoverished, superstitious folk.

    There are memes about everything, don't take them seriously. They're a propaganda tool at this point, TBH.

    Putting that aside, this is actually a good point. Most characters (not just in DbD) who are from outside NA are almost always shown as immigrants to NA, or descendants of immigrants. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Adiris, Lisa (Sherwood), and Yui as exceptions, but I'm sure someone else can name more.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978568#Comment_1978568

    There are memes about everything, don't take them seriously. They're a propaganda tool at this point, TBH.

    Putting that aside, this is actually a good point. Most characters (not just in DbD) who are from outside NA are almost always shown as immigrants to NA, or descendants of immigrants. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Adiris, Lisa (Sherwood), and Yui as exceptions, but I'm sure someone else can name more.

    Felix is from Germany. "Felix Richter was born to Janos and Ursula Richter in Coburg, Germany, where the Richter family had deep connections and were among the most respected of its physicians."

    I know he is Caucasian, but just to point out he's from Europe! As an additional detail.

  • @6yXJI0 said:

    How will it improve overall gameplay?

    Does it ######### matter? Holy ######### get over yourself.

  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978585#Comment_1978585

    Felix is from Germany. "Felix Richter was born to Janos and Ursula Richter in Coburg, Germany, where the Richter family had deep connections and were among the most respected of its physicians."

    I know he is Caucasian, but just to point out he's from Europe! As an additional detail.

    Isn't Feng also from China? I can't remember her lore ever mentioning her leaving China.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978299#Comment_1978299

    Much as that would be amusing, doesn't really fit the Slasher genre.

    They can make it a cosmetic for Dwight. It's not like his Christmas cosmetics fit.

  • yeah one of the only two we got is a cop and they're not currently in so we need a new one. maybe go for pepsi man

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    The last man of color we got was Adam Francis 3 years ago the only men of color we have are black and asians, why no Indian ,native American ,japanese ,Korean, native islander ...male survivors

    Person of color is such a lame American term.

    In the real world we call these People.

  • Why is this so important? Devs should focus on important things like bugs, new perks etc.

  • @tortrader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/230691/we-need-more-men-of-color

    Person of color is such a lame American term.

    In the real world we call these People.

    In the real world, if you aren't white you're considered a POC. Hate to break it to you.

  • They need an original black dude bcuz I’m sick of Adam having like no teacher related cosmetics instead of ones where he looks like drake or some milenial

  • @JediWithASniper said:

    Jake is all of those things and more. Why isn’t he fulfilling all of your dreams?

    As a Jake main, I only mained him in the beginning because he's the closest thing I have to a pacific islander mixed guy, well that and he loves nature which is cool, but if I didn't know Jake, he could easily pass for native or Mexican if I wasn't paying attention, but with Yui I can tell immediately that she's Asian, I still Jake doesn't look very Korean to me to be honest, but hey, I'm still maining him and Ace tho.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    I don't they should be designing characters with their ethnicity being their primary trait. IMO they should come up with interesting concepts for characters, not forcing in boring characters for diversity points.

    Adam is a good character not because he is black, but because of his backstory. A selfless orphan who has a passion for teaching others and moved to a foreign land because he was infatuated with their culture.

    and whatever Jake is

    Korean American.

    I still think they should elaborate on Jake Park's story, the fact we don't really know what he really is compared to Adam Francis who is a newer character is just sad. #ShowJakeLove

  • "Why are there no (insert meaningless differentiating physical trait here) characters in our game, waaaaaah!!!"

    Remember the good old days where a character's skin tone or weight had no effect on how interesting a character was. You bring up Adam Francis for his skin tone and just skim over the fact that he was a well written, altruistic, hyper intelligent character who did well for himself regardless of his physical appearance.

    I love this era of acceptance and representation that's holding back creative character development.

  • @UncleStabby said:

    "Why are there no (insert meaningless differentiating physical trait here) characters in our game, waaaaaah!!!"

    Remember the good old days where a character's skin tone or weight had no effect on how interesting a character was. You bring up Adam Francis for his skin tone and just skim over the fact that he was a well written, altruistic, hyper intelligent character who did well for himself regardless of his physical appearance.

    I love this era of acceptance and representation that's holding back creative character development.

    As seen by Adam Francis, him being a black man isn’t holding back his creative character development though..

  • @UncleStabby said:

    "Why are there no (insert meaningless differentiating physical trait here) characters in our game, waaaaaah!!!"

    Remember the good old days where a character's skin tone or weight had no effect on how interesting a character was. You bring up Adam Francis for his skin tone and just skim over the fact that he was a well written, altruistic, hyper intelligent character who did well for himself regardless of his physical appearance.

    I love this era of acceptance and representation that's holding back creative character development.

    I love that the trait is simultaneously meaningless, yet so powerful that it completely destroys character development.

    No, I don't remember those "good old days". I do remember shows being cancelled for having black and/or gay people on, though, as well as any kind of LGBT content immediately forcing higher (more restrictive) ratings in most countries.

  • Probably won't get it this chapter (I mean look at the person being posted) but might happen soon. Who knows. Screaming about this ######### from both ends is kinda just petty.

    If a survivor gets added and it's someone not white, okay. They're white? Okay. It really doesn't matter at the end of it. At the end of the day, adding something to make more players come in will do good more often than not. It's just another survivor that runs around a loop de loop.

    So if we get more minority guys, sure, go ahead. Doesn't really change much but if it keeps people playing, then #########, that's good enough for me.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980253#Comment_1980253

    I love that the trait is simultaneously meaningless, yet so powerful that it completely destroys character development.

    No, I don't remember those "good old days". I do remember shows being cancelled for having black and/or gay people on, though, as well as any kind of LGBT content immediately forcing higher (more restrictive) ratings in most countries.

    Nononono, see its an objectively meaningless trait, but if people don't get it, they cry and cry, and it keeps original creators from being able to write the characters they want to write.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980253#Comment_1980253

    As seen by Adam Francis, him being a black man isn’t holding back his creative character development though..

    No, but OP seems to be basing his relevence as a character on the color of his skin.

1 2 3