Rank reset, seriously

I went between a rank 3 and 4, now rank reset has put me at a rank 8 with survivors between rank 10 and rank 16, at rank 3 and 4 I probably won like 60% of my games because the other survivors at that rank knew how to rotate, they knew how to run the killer, they just knew how to play the game, now at rank 8 I've been winning about 30% of my games. I mean these lower ranks are terrible what's even worse is their putting us against between rank 3 and 1, now how in the hell is that even remotely fair

Comments

  • @milwaukee354 said:

    I went between a rank 3 and 4, now rank reset has put me at a rank 8 with survivors between rank 10 and rank 16, at rank 3 and 4 I probably won like 60% of my games because the other survivors at that rank knew how to rotate, they knew how to run the killer, they just knew how to play the game, now at rank 8 I've been winning about 30% of my games. I mean these lower ranks are terrible what's even worse is their putting us against between rank 3 and 1, now how in the hell is that even remotely fair

    If you are stuck there, then you probably weren't good enough to be in Red Ranks and your team was carrying you.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229172/rank-reset-seriously

    If you are stuck there, then you probably weren't good enough to be in Red Ranks and your team was carrying you.

    Ouch xD

  • It's mean, but true.

    I've been at Rank 1 Survivor for about a year and I suck. As long as you know how to play the system, (rescue people, do two gens and not go down instantly) it's not super hard to pip.

  • I agree with you, just found your comment funny haha :P

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229172/rank-reset-seriously

    If you are stuck there, then you probably weren't good enough to be in Red Ranks and your team was carrying you.

    You know I just started the game, I'm not even a year in yet and I was ranked higher then some popular dbd players. I wasn't playing swf and I just ranked up to 3 from 4 so sometimes the rank goes up and down until it finally stays at the next rank, so try again buddy

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961666#Comment_1961666

    It's mean, but true.

    I've been at Rank 1 Survivor for about a year and I suck. As long as you know how to play the system, (rescue people, do two gens and not go down instantly) it's not super hard to pip.

    Trust me I do all of the above I just hate having to rank up again and playing with shi**y players

  • @milwaukee354 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961681#Comment_1961681

    Trust me I do all of the above I just hate having to rank up again and playing with shi**y players

    @milwaukee354 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961650#Comment_1961650

    You know I just started the game, I'm not even a year in yet and I was ranked higher then some popular dbd players. I wasn't playing swf and I just ranked up to 3 from 4 so sometimes the rank goes up and down until it finally stays at the next rank, so try again buddy

    You realize that Rank means very little? I'm sure you aren't claiming to be better than people who have 5K+ hours. I got to Rank 1 within ~ 3 months solely because of my SWF. That made me higher ranked than Noob3. Did that make me better than him? Nope.

    Unfortunately, Red Ranks are full of pretty poopy players, same as every Rank.

  • @milwaukee354 said:

    I went between a rank 3 and 4, now rank reset has put me at a rank 8 with survivors between rank 10 and rank 16, at rank 3 and 4 I probably won like 60% of my games because the other survivors at that rank knew how to rotate, they knew how to run the killer, they just knew how to play the game, now at rank 8 I've been winning about 30% of my games. I mean these lower ranks are terrible what's even worse is their putting us against between rank 3 and 1, now how in the hell is that even remotely fair

    If you can't get out of low ranks that is your true ability.

    Even with potato survivors from the low ranks if you are actually good you will rank up without even trying. If you can't get out of Rank 8 that's your true ability, bug/rank reset or not.

    I am back in purple after deranking from the bug. I'm not even playing to win I'm just running Santa Claus builds and wasting the first two minutes of each match opening chests.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229172/rank-reset-seriously

    If you can't get out of low ranks that is your true ability.

    Even with potato survivors from the low ranks if you are actually good you will rank up without even trying. If you can't get out of Rank 8 that's your true ability, bug/rank reset or not.

    I am back in purple after deranking from the bug. I'm not even playing to win I'm just running Santa Claus builds and wasting the first two minutes of each match opening chests.

    Not necessarily. Granted I haven’t played survivor in a while but tonight, as a red rank killer, I literally never got a single lobby of red rank survivors.

    It was literally all brown and green ranks with a few purples/reds mixed in. Most of them didn’t stand a chance. If you were a survivor on the receiving end of that it would be pretty brutal to try and rank up.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961727#Comment_1961727

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961721#Comment_1961721

    You realize that Rank means very little? I'm sure you aren't claiming to be better than people who have 5K+ hours. I got to Rank 1 within ~ 3 months solely because of my SWF. That made me higher ranked than Noob3. Did that make me better than him? Nope.

    Unfortunately, Red Ranks are full of pretty poopy players, same as every Rank.

    Well fortunately for me I ranked up without swf and yes I do think most red ranks play better the most purple ranks

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229172/rank-reset-seriously

    If you can't get out of low ranks that is your true ability.

    Even with potato survivors from the low ranks if you are actually good you will rank up without even trying. If you can't get out of Rank 8 that's your true ability, bug/rank reset or not.

    I am back in purple after deranking from the bug. I'm not even playing to win I'm just running Santa Claus builds and wasting the first two minutes of each match opening chests.

    So I just said I went from rank 3 to rank 8, maybe I experience the same bug, I'm starting to think alot of people in this community don't read a whole post

  • Yeah same issue here. Went from rank 11 to 14 and gone from getting rank 8-12 players and good chances of escaping, no getting survivors ranked 15-20 and getting rinsed by rank 15 killers like legion and huntress.

    As for killer, its the opposite. Rank 12 to 16 and gone from competitive matches against purple and mid ranks to playing against 18 to 20 which were stupidly easy.

    Ranks need a rework imo. I just haven't got the time to play myself up to red / low purple ranks

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961752#Comment_1961752

    Not necessarily. Granted I haven’t played survivor in a while but tonight, as a red rank killer, I literally never got a single lobby of red rank survivors.

    It was literally all brown and green ranks with a few purples/reds mixed in. Most of them didn’t stand a chance. If you were a survivor on the receiving end of that it would be pretty brutal to try and rank up.

    Thank you sir, let the rest play dumb though maybe it's because I'm new to the community

  • I feel like most people on this thread are talking out of their butts.

    Currently you can depip just by someone dcing in the loading screen. The emblems are also broken. You can finish a game with 30k+ points and only blackpip, if you were lucky enough for the system to randomly give you the unbroken emblem as gold.

    I'm with over 4k hours, always been at red ranks and play solo. I'm aware of what you need or don't need to pip. The people you see at reds right now are mostly SWF players and not solos.

    So by some people's logic on here, you only show your true potential when you're in SWF, which is the exact opposite of reality. Crap players keep being carried by their SWF, while solos have to do the double amount of work they were doing before to be lucky enough to safety pip. I could be in a match surviving for 20+ minutes and the unbroken emblem still be 0.

  • @Marigoria said:

    I feel like most people on this thread are talking out of their butts.

    Currently you can depip just by someone dcing in the loading screen. The emblems are also broken. You can finish a game with 30k+ points and only blackpip, if you were lucky enough for the system to randomly give you the unbroken emblem as gold.

    I'm with over 4k hours, always been at red ranks and play solo. I'm aware of what you need or don't need to pip. The people you see at reds right now are mostly SWF players and not solos.

    So by some people's logic on here, you only show your true potential when you're in SWF, which is the exact opposite of reality. Crap players keep being carried by their SWF, while solos have to do the double amount of work they were doing before to be lucky enough to safety pip. I could be in a match surviving for 20+ minutes and the unbroken emblem still be 0.

    I'm Solo and still Red Rank.

    Either I'm way better than I think or it isn't actually that hard.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961817#Comment_1961817

    I'm Solo and still Red Rank.

    Either I'm way better than I think or it isn't actually that hard.

    I'm solo and I'm stuck at rank 4 when i used to be 1-2.

    Right now emblems are really a matter of luck, they aren't really accounting how much you do and how well you do during the match, specially the unbroken one. And again, how many dcs did you have in the loading screen? People said they were only a visual bug but nope

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    Yeah same issue here. Went from rank 11 to 14 and gone from getting rank 8-12 players and good chances of escaping, no getting survivors ranked 15-20 and getting rinsed by rank 15 killers like legion and huntress.

    As for killer, its the opposite. Rank 12 to 16 and gone from competitive matches against purple and mid ranks to playing against 18 to 20 which were stupidly easy.

    Ranks need a rework imo. I just haven't got the time to play myself up to red / low purple ranks

    Right, all the success and grind just to be knocked back that far and rinsed by killers because you have babies on your team. I feel like I've earned the right to play with red ranks, not to get reset for whatever reason rank reset is a thing for

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961822#Comment_1961822

    I'm solo and I'm stuck at rank 4 when i used to be 1-2.

    Right now emblems are really a matter of luck, they aren't really accounting how much you do and how well you do during the match, specially the unbroken one. And again, how many dcs did you have in the loading screen? People said they were only a visual bug but nope

    I've had zero as Survivor.

  • @milwaukee354 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961810#Comment_1961810

    Right, all the success and grind just to be knocked back that far and rinsed by killers because you have babies on your team. I feel like I've earned the right to play with red ranks, not to get reset for whatever reason rank reset is a thing for

    That's literally the exact reason Rank Reset is a thing.

    If you can't get back into Red Ranks (barring DC issues) then you weren't supposed to be there in the first place.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Marigoria said:

    I feel like most people on this thread are talking out of their butts.

    Currently you can depip just by someone dcing in the loading screen. The emblems are also broken. You can finish a game with 30k+ points and only blackpip, if you were lucky enough for the system to randomly give you the unbroken emblem as gold.

    I'm with over 4k hours, always been at red ranks and play solo. I'm aware of what you need or don't need to pip. The people you see at reds right now are mostly SWF players and not solos.

    So by some people's logic on here, you only show your true potential when you're in SWF, which is the exact opposite of reality. Crap players keep being carried by their SWF, while solos have to do the double amount of work they were doing before to be lucky enough to safety pip. I could be in a match surviving for 20+ minutes and the unbroken emblem still be 0.

    Finally someone that's level headed, there's so many arrogant people for no reason on this forum and I'm not saying I'm the best player but I'm surely not the worse and being the last survivor alive 90% of the time and dying with over 30,000 points and still get unranked is a problem to me. Now if i died with 10 or 15 thousand points I'll understand because that would mean i didn't do much that game, but I can't help that we didn't win the game because teammates get down to one gen and seems like they literally just stand in front of the killer to get slugged, i mean i really have games where survivors would just run up to the killer to get slugged idk if that's some sort of challenge but it's not the first time it happened, sometimes it feels like I'm playing with bots

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961822#Comment_1961822

    I'm solo and I'm stuck at rank 4 when i used to be 1-2.

    Right now emblems are really a matter of luck, they aren't really accounting how much you do and how well you do during the match, specially the unbroken one. And again, how many dcs did you have in the loading screen? People said they were only a visual bug but nope

    Yeah idk what's going on but ranking up right now seems weird

  • Man, you're gonna hate this.

    As soon as the MMR system, Rank won't be anything more than a pretty number and you'll be put back to 20 at the start of every month. Just an honest tip: You shouldn't care about rank. It doesn't mean anything. I've seen Red Ranks that play like they've played the game for eight hours in total, and played with greens that are the best survivors I've ever seen. Same thing with killers.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961854#Comment_1961854

    That's literally the exact reason Rank Reset is a thing.

    If you can't get back into Red Ranks (barring DC issues) then you weren't supposed to be there in the first place.

    There is a bug where some have to double pip just to regular pip up , surely you know that though right?

  • @NomiNomad said:

    Man, you're gonna hate this.

    As soon as the MMR system, Rank won't be anything more than a pretty number and you'll be put back to 20 at the start of every month. Just an honest tip: You shouldn't care about rank. It doesn't mean anything. I've seen Red Ranks that play like they've played the game for eight hours in total, and played with greens that are the best survivors I've ever seen. Same thing with killers.

    Where does it say it will reset you to 20 every month?

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961937#Comment_1961937

    Where does it say it will reset you to 20 every month?

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HD1BCBWR14GF/announcement.png

    A new year is upon us, and we’re ready to kick it off in a big way. Welcome to our January Developer Update, a series of blogposts delving into upcoming changes making their way to Dead by Daylight. If you prefer to watch the update instead, check out our first ever Dev Tapes here:

    https://youtu.be/c49bZQ3a2UA

    The Clown: Gameplay Update

    Kicking things off, The Clown is receiving some changes in the upcoming Mid-Chapter.

    Our resident funny man has been cooking something up. Introducing the Afterpiece Antidote: This new throwable bottle shatters and releases a delayed yellow gas. Once the gas activates, anyone who steps in the gas receives a 10% movement speed bonus. Like your Tonic, this effect lingers for a few seconds after leaving the gas. You can swap between Tonics and Antidotes by tapping the Active Ability button at any time.

    ‘Antidote’ isn’t just a name! They will also cure any negative effects from the Afterpiece Tonic, so you’ll want to be careful where you throw them. They may make you faster, but a poorly thrown bottle will make the Survivor faster as well. Or you may want to lure a Survivor to an area with no pallets remaining with a juicy Antidote. But remember: If the two gases collide, they will neutralize each other and disappear.

    We also recognize that every second counts. That’s why we’ve reduced the time taken to reload your bottles to 3 seconds (down from 5). Reloading will give you four bottles in any combination; you do not need to reload Tonics and Antidotes separately.

    Last but not least, we’ve done a pass on The Clown’s add-ons. There’s some interesting new combinations in there that we’re curious to see what you can do with!

    HUD Update

    Out with the old, in with the new: We’ve all got some fond memories of the in-game HUD, but after four years of additions, we felt that it was time to rebuild it from the ground up. Seeing is believing here, so here’s a couple examples of what you can expect:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TU3VYF4TUR7A/hud1.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0LL7JJRXASQ5/hud2.png

    The first thing you’ll probably notice is the new layout. We aimed to keep things clean and familiar to long time players while updating the HUD. But that’s not all, the new HUD comes with a few tricks up its sleeves.

    Character Portraits

    No longer will you stare blankly at the generic figures in the corner trying to figure out which one is Meg and which one is Dwight-- you’ll now see the face of the Survivor next to their name.

    Hook Counter & Progress

    Next to each Survivor’s portrait, you’ll find a hook counter. This will help you remember who’s been hooked, who hasn’t, and who can’t afford to be hooked again. Killers will also see a meter showing their hook progress to give them an idea of how well they are doing.

    UI Scale Options

    Are you squinting at a tiny screen across the room, trying to make out what that text says? Or are you a minimalist who wants the HUD to take up as little space as possible? Either way, we have you covered: You’ll find new options to increase or decrease the size of the HUD in the Options menu.

    And to any streamers out there, don’t worry, we didn’t forget about you. We made sure to leave a space for you to put your camera without covering up any important HUD elements.

    Survivor Locomotion Animation Update

    Keeping with the theme of updating what’s old, we have revisited Survivor animations. As the game moves towards a more realistic direction, we felt it was only fitting to switch to more realistic and fluid animations.

    We have made a conscious effort to not change movement itself: Your inputs— as well as your character’s speed, turn rates, and acceleration—have not changed. While the actual movement for Survivors has not changed, new animations can make it feel different to control. We’ll be keeping a close eye out for feedback to make sure we find a compromise between making things look better while also keeping the feeling right.

    https://youtu.be/OkAffnSWfQ8

    Matchmaking Rating & Rank Rewards

    Starting with some good news: Matchmaking ratings are returning in the near future. We have been hard at work tweaking the system since our test last year and we are preparing to re-enable skill based matchmaking for another test soon. For more information on matchmaking ratings, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/173606

    But that’s not all; once we are happy with matchmaking ratings and turn the system on for good, we’ll be introducing rank rewards. Since ranks will no longer be used for matchmaking, they will instead be repurposed to reward dedicated players. Each month, everyone will be given Bloodpoints based on the highest rank they’ve reached and then be reset to rank 20.

    The rewards are:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QBVPESWQIR5G/rankrewards.png

    You’ll earn rewards for both Killer and Survivor separately. For example, if you reach rank 1 on both roles, you’ll receive a total of 500,000 Bloodpoints.

    Please note: These changes will not be available immediately alongside the 4.5.0 update. This system will require further testing before it is fully enabled.

    Graphics Update

    In case you missed the reveal, the next realms due for a graphics update are the Gideon Meat Plant and the Crotus Prenn Asylum! Here’s a sneak peek at what’s to come:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/M447HN2IB3MD/asylum-1.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KX6286AL7GVQ/asylum-2.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZHD2V4FVFRV5/game-1.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7RAF8OY2AXCI/game-2.png

    Miscellaneous

    Finally, let’s round of this Developer Update with a package of small quality of life and balance changes.

    The Wraith: True Invisibility

    A keen Survivor can see The Wraith while he is cloaked by a faint shimmer. To give him a small boost, we will be changing his cloaked shimmer to only be visible when close by. The Wraith’s shimmer will be:

    • Completely invisible beyond 24m
    • Somewhat visible between 24m and 16m
    • Unchanged when within 16m

    The goal of this change is to make it harder for Survivors to keep tabs on The Wraith while he is cloaked while maintaining an opportunity for a Survivor to react if you approach from the open.

    The Trapper: Escape Mechanic Update

    You’ve stepped in a trap. Now what?

    Previously, you would have a 25% chance to escape a trap each attempt. This sounds simple on paper, but four attempts only adds up to roughly a 68% chance to escape. This makes traps pretty unreliable. Survivors could get out their very first try before you have a chance to react, or they could try dozens of times without escaping.

    To combat this, we are switching to a flat distribution: Each time a Survivor steps in a trap, it will take them between 1-6 attempts to escape. What does this mean in practice?

    • Between 1-3 attempts, the chance to escape is lower than before
    • At 4 attempts, the chance to escape is roughly the same as before
    • Between 5-6 attempts, the chance to escape is higher than before

    (Add-ons which reduce the chance to escape will be updated to increase the possible number of attempts accordingly.)

    We hope to keep the exciting “Am I going to escape” / “Am I going to get there in time” moments while reducing the frustrations and making it easier to understand.

    Deep Wound Adjustments

    Deep Wounds have gone through a few iterations, and the once reasonable 30 second timer now seems a little too generous.

    We will be simplifying Deep Wounds: The Deep Wound timer is now 20 seconds long regardless of how it was applied. The Legion’s add-ons that remove Deep Wound time have been adjusted accordingly.

    We wanted to add a bit more urgency to Mending while also leaving room for edge cases (such as needing to Snap Out Of Madness III before being able to mend).

    Diversion (AKA Pebble)

    Diversion has found its way into the hearts of many people in spite of not being particularly powerful. We believe that the world should have more pebbles. With that in mind, we are reducing the time taken to activate Diversion and simplifying its perk tiers to make it more useable at lower levels.

    Fixated

    Don’t you hate it when you get hit so hard that you forget how to walk slightly faster? Us too. Fixated will now remain active even if you’re injured.

    Hex: Undying

    We’ve been watching this one closely, and there’s a few things we’d like to address:

    1. Transferring the same Hex multiple times can get out of hand: Hexes are meant to be strong perks that can be destroyed, and having to destroy the same Hex four times can be a bit much.
    2. Since tokens aren’t transferred when a Hex changes totems, Undying was unpopular with perks other than Ruin (which does not have any tokens and is immediately at full power).
    3. Having aura reading on all totems also made it a very powerful tracking perk on top of its other effects, and is a little redundant with Hex: Thrill of the Hunt.

    With this in mind, we are making three changes to Hex: Undying:

    1.  Any time a Hex totem is cleansed, it will replace the Hex: Undying totem. Hex: Undying is then deactivated. This ensures that the first totem cleansed is never your other Hex perk.
    2. Any tokens you’ve already accumulated are now kept when the Hex perk transfers totems. This way you’re not starting from scratch part way through a match.
    3. Aura reading only applies to dull totems.

    We hope this makes Hex perks other than just Ruin more appealing when used with Undying.

    Iron Maiden

    It could be very difficult to follow up and hit a Survivor within 15 seconds of them exiting a locker, so we are increasing the duration of the Exposed effect to 30 seconds.

    Open Handed

    Open Handed makes for some interesting builds, but the low values meant that you needed to convince other Survivors to stack it to see any noticeable results. To make this a more appealing choice, we’ll be increasing the aura reading range bonus to 8/12/16m, but limiting you to the effects of one Open Handed at a time to prevent it from getting out of hand.

    To that one friend who really didn’t want to run Open Handed but did it anyway because the rest of the group wanted to, you’re welcome.

    Second Wind

    Another simple one: We’re reducing the time it takes for Second Wind to heal you after being unhooked.

    With that, we’ve reached the end of our Developer Update. All of the changes mentioned above will be available for testing in the Player Test Build early next week. We look forward to hearing what you think!

    The Dead by Daylight team

    But that’s not all; once we are happy with matchmaking ratings and turn the system on for good, we’ll be introducing rank rewards. Since ranks will no longer be used for matchmaking, they will instead be repurposed to reward dedicated players. Each month, everyone will be given Bloodpoints based on the highest rank they’ve reached and then be reset to rank 20.


    In the Dev Update for January. Rank just won't matter anymore after MMR. There will be rewards pertained to how far you got in rank for both sides (Just BP).

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961943#Comment_1961943

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217721/developer-update-january-2021

    But that’s not all; once we are happy with matchmaking ratings and turn the system on for good, we’ll be introducing rank rewards. Since ranks will no longer be used for matchmaking, they will instead be repurposed to reward dedicated players. Each month, everyone will be given Bloodpoints based on the highest rank they’ve reached and then be reset to rank 20.

    In the Dev Update for January. Rank just won't matter anymore after MMR. There will be rewards pertained to how far you got in rank for both sides (Just BP).

    That's going to be a complete sh*tshow.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961898#Comment_1961898

    There is a bug where some have to double pip just to regular pip up , surely you know that though right?

    I don't see why i would but ok I guess I need to be more like you lol

  • @milwaukee354 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961650#Comment_1961650

    You know I just started the game, I'm not even a year in yet and I was ranked higher then some popular dbd players. I wasn't playing swf and I just ranked up to 3 from 4 so sometimes the rank goes up and down until it finally stays at the next rank, so try again buddy

    Sorry kid, but anybody can make red ranks. It's not hard.

  • @milwaukee354 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961650#Comment_1961650

    You know I just started the game, I'm not even a year in yet and I was ranked higher then some popular dbd players. I wasn't playing swf and I just ranked up to 3 from 4 so sometimes the rank goes up and down until it finally stays at the next rank, so try again buddy

    You're litterally the definition of Boosted, its a fact. Don't need to play in a sfw to be carried.

    "Ranked higher than some popular dbd player" Who ? Cause I sure dont know any popular streamer who is under rank 1...

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961721#Comment_1961721

    Sorry kid, but anybody can make red ranks. It's not hard.

    I know you're great at it, yay

  • If the system works as intended (which we can only hope), it will pair skill up with equal skill. If you ever played Overwatch, think of it like the MMR number. If it works, it'll match people together with similar MMRs. This should hopefully solve at least some of the Problems with Solo Queue, being the complete difference of skill. If it works, it also eliminates surfing to an extent. We don't know how it'll work with SWF yet.

    Survivors (as far as I know) have MMR shared across each character, but Killer's each have a unique MMR for every character. The intention is to let practice new killers without getting bullied. We don't know how far you get sent back when practicing a new killer, we don't know when it'll be ready, we just know it's coming.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961898#Comment_1961898

    There is a bug where some have to double pip just to regular pip up , surely you know that though right?

    I am aware. I haven't personally encountered this. If he's experiencing that bug, then that sucks but saying you "deserve" red ranks generally doesn't sound good.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961938#Comment_1961938

    I am aware. I haven't personally encountered this. If he's experiencing that bug, then that sucks but saying you "deserve" red ranks generally doesn't sound good.

    I can agree with that statement and by the sound of it he's probably not experiencing that , but the way you were talking to him sounded like you weren't aware of all the ranking issues

  • @milwaukee354 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961938#Comment_1961938

    I don't see why i would but ok I guess I need to be more like you lol

    Well that comment wasn't to you but ok lol

  • @milwaukee354 said:

    I went between a rank 3 and 4, now rank reset has put me at a rank 8 with survivors between rank 10 and rank 16, at rank 3 and 4 I probably won like 60% of my games because the other survivors at that rank knew how to rotate, they knew how to run the killer, they just knew how to play the game, now at rank 8 I've been winning about 30% of my games. I mean these lower ranks are terrible what's even worse is their putting us against between rank 3 and 1, now how in the hell is that even remotely fair

    You are so right! The 8 -16 rank is killing me. These players don't know how to do anything I feel like it's 1v1.

    In addition, factor in:

    1. No 360s
    2. Inability to turn quickly (hard to juke) due to the new animation
    3. Desync hits (getting hit from around a corner 7 feet away)

    It is a very steep hill to climb to get back to red ranks.

  • I love hearing people saying "Anyone can get to red ranks, it's not hard" and yet if that were true every single lobby would be full of reds.


    OBVIOUSLY THIS IS NOT CORRECT.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229172/rank-reset-seriously

    If you are stuck there, then you probably weren't good enough to be in Red Ranks and your team was carrying you.

    Ouchhhh get some Savlon for that burn 🔥 🔥 🔥

  • In all honesty, rank means nothing in this game. The only thing rank gives you is an achievement, and relatively better players. You'll still find campers, tunnellers etc at red ranks, and you'll still get selfish players who bring keys just so they can get out, or trash players that don't know how to run the killer and die (even if you're all rank 1s). I actually tend to have more fun on this game when I'm not focussed on my rank, I'd suggest trying it too!

  • @ttvbardberd said:

    In all honesty, rank means nothing in this game. The only thing rank gives you is an achievement, and relatively better players. You'll still find campers, tunnellers etc at red ranks, and you'll still get selfish players who bring keys just so they can get out, or trash players that don't know how to run the killer and die (even if you're all rank 1s). I actually tend to have more fun on this game when I'm not focussed on my rank, I'd suggest trying it too!

    No I prefer to play with red ranks, in my opinion red ranks tend to be better players and the game is more exciting when I know everybody's rotating and when getting chased they're not going down immediately.

  • @ciabay99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961811#Comment_1961811

    You literally made a post going, I'm better than most players so on and so on. It's a game ffs stop stressing so much, sometimes yellow ranks play better than red ranks, especially if they've just started the game. Everyone starts off at rank 20 and of you don't play all the time, you'll be reset back to 20 even if you were a red rank.

    I don't ever remember saying I'm better then somebody else sorry you felt that way lol

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961650#Comment_1961650

    Ouchhhh get some Savlon for that burn 🔥 🔥 🔥

    You're right that hurt, you guys have all the right answers I need to be more like you guys and get offended by comments lol

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    I love hearing people saying "Anyone can get to red ranks, it's not hard" and yet if that were true every single lobby would be full of reds.

    OBVIOUSLY THIS IS NOT CORRECT.

    Right, thank you I think people on here just like to argue

  • @Chrisko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229172/rank-reset-seriously

    You are so right! The 8 -16 rank is killing me. These players don't know how to do anything I feel like it's 1v1.

    In addition, factor in:

    1. No 360s
    2. Inability to turn quickly (hard to juke) due to the new animation
    3. Desync hits (getting hit from around a corner 7 feet away)

    It is a very steep hill to climb to get back to red ranks.

    Right with all the advantages killers have physically if survivors found other ways to survivor besides the resources they're given is that not apart of a survivor game, have you seen any horror movies where the survivors had to improvise and use tools outside the tools they already had to take advantage of the killer,I definitely have, like with Freddy it was fire with Jason it was water. I think with the new update they definitely catered it towards killers, so I wonder if the game is survivor sided now. I hear alot of popular dbd players complaining about the game, some have even stopped playing the game. I'm also getting hit 7 feet away from the killer you at least was able to gauge the distance before the new update, now I can't trust my own eyes the game is bad now with such a big change they could at least give survivors more speed, killer speed is a 4.6 a survivor speed is a 4.0 and killers can make themselves faster with add- ons and they get blood lust, with this new update and with rank reset survivors should at least be at a 4.2 or 4.3, juking a killer should feel satisfying because you possibly could get away not having the killer on your tail in seconds the reward for survivor mistakes and killer mistakes is a huge difference, sorry about the venting

  • Oh ok well my apologies, my bad

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961979#Comment_1961979

    I can agree with that statement and by the sound of it he's probably not experiencing that , but the way you were talking to him sounded like you weren't aware of all the ranking issues

    Right, it seems like people are oblivious to the problems in this game, I'm starting to think these people are devs or work for the devs

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961938#Comment_1961938

    I am aware. I haven't personally encountered this. If he's experiencing that bug, then that sucks but saying you "deserve" red ranks generally doesn't sound good.

    Yeah if I made my way to red ranks without swf then what's the problem. I know for a fact red ranks are better players, but since rank reset that put me from a red rank 3 to a purple rank 8 with survivors from purple rank to yellow against red ranks between 1 and 3, it's really tough, idk what's going on with this game right now

  • @milwaukee354 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1962568#Comment_1962568

    No I prefer to play with red ranks, in my opinion red ranks tend to be better players and the game is more exciting when I know everybody's rotating and when getting chased they're not going down immediately.

    Yeah obviously the game is more fun when you're playing with people at a higher skill level, but when you're a lower rank you also tend to get killers around the same rank as you, therefore balancing the gameplay. Let's say for example you have purple teammates, you yourself are the better player on that team if you're a red rank, so the matchmaking is designed to partner your team with someone are the same skill level as the rest of the players (or at least, that's how it's supposed to work). Again, the game is a lot more relaxed when you're not focussing on being the very best and just trying to enjoy yourself, which sucks when's it's ruined by awful toxic/selfish players.

    The only way to have fun in DBD is to rely on everyone else making your match a fun one. When one person is being a dick, it ruins the whole game (Which is why I love to play SWF, as it balances out the game and makes it less stressful).

  • @Nossy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961721#Comment_1961721

    You're litterally the definition of Boosted, its a fact. Don't need to play in a sfw to be carried.

    "Ranked higher than some popular dbd player" Who ? Cause I sure dont know any popular streamer who is under rank 1...

    @Nossy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961721#Comment_1961721

    You're litterally the definition of Boosted, its a fact. Don't need to play in a sfw to be carried.

    "Ranked higher than some popular dbd player" Who ? Cause I sure dont know any popular streamer who is under rank 1...

    @Nossy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961721#Comment_1961721

    You're litterally the definition of Boosted, its a fact. Don't need to play in a sfw to be carried.

    "Ranked higher than some popular dbd player" Who ? Cause I sure dont know any popular streamer who is under rank 1...

    What's you're definition of carried because if you can't communicate with your teammates like in swf then how can you be carried. I repair gens, take hits, take chases, unhook survivors and heal survivors safely, so where am I carried at or do you just like to hop on people's post just to argue and I know popular dbd players that wasn't ranked at 3 or 4, but like a comment someone else had made that's not me saying I'm better then those people. I just take pride in my rank it was hard to get there and I got there in less then a year I see legacy players that's not that high, are you mad I take confidence in what I've accomplished or are you mad you're not a red rank, idk what's the problem and this is not to offend but I've never seen so many people get so butt hurt over other people's post are you really a dev trying to defend your game lol

‹ 1 2