"The Game" (SAW map) is absolutely survivor sided now

Like the title says. Never before have I seen this many pallets on a single map, and this close to each other. There's a disgusting number of godpallets as well which have to be broken, this is absolutely unfun. So far every single match I had - since the update went live - featured one or even two survivors bringing an offering for this map just to abuse it.

It almost feels like the map reworks are only aimed at pleasing survivor players. The visuals might be nice but the overall framerate and ingame performance have gone down by a lot, maybe my machine can't keep up with these updates but I can't deal with 10 fps close to a finished gen on these maps.

Comments

  • It was before too imo

    Every pallet on that map is safe.

  • The game has always been survivor sided until you get rid of the pallets.

  • What did u expect? They nerfed ruin first,now that we actually have a decent combo for gens they nerf that too. I don't care what anyone says DBD is swayed heavily in the survivor side. SWF shows the real power role.

  • Lmao it's been survivor sided, what map are you playing on?

  • And there's an ungodly amount of breakable doors that you have to spend time breaking just to be able to traverse the map.


    lost two gens back to back where i approached from a side with a breakable door and they finished the gen while i was busy breaking it.

  • It was survivor sided before, now even more so. But at least it looks pretty, am I right guys???

  • Play doctor.

    Also I don't have enough gameplay on that map with enough killers to say for sure. From what I played thus far, it didn't feel much different in terms of looping. The biggest change for me was the brightness, before it was complete darkness downstairs, now it's much better.

  • @Kebek said:

    Play doctor.

    Also I don't have enough gameplay on that map with enough killers to say for sure. From what I played thus far, it didn't feel much different in terms of looping. The biggest change for me was the brightness, before it was complete darkness downstairs, now it's much better.

    what's doctor going to do vs early pallet drops? play pallet breaking simulator like every other killer

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929274#Comment_1929274

    what's doctor going to do vs early pallet drops? play pallet breaking simulator like every other killer

    He'll shock.

    You could have pre-dropped the insane amounts of safe pallets on the old game as well. No that different.

  • @Pulsar said:

    It was before too imo

    Every pallet on that map is safe.

    never was. the safe pallets couldn’t compensate anywhere near the fact that it’s the smallest map in dbd, gens are easy to patrol, maps easy to pressure and there’s literally no windows

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929283#Comment_1929283

    He'll shock.

    You could have pre-dropped the insane amounts of safe pallets on the old game as well. No that different.

    "he'll shock" .. early pallet drops means they're going to drop it before doc gets a chance to stop the loop

    and you're making my point, he can't do anything but break pallets if survivors insist on making him do that

  • It's awful dude. Pallet pallet pallet pallet wall wall wall pallet pallet pallet pallet pallet......

    If this isn't proof they have no idea what makes a map fair I don't know what is.

  • @Pulsar said:

    It was before too imo

    Every pallet on that map is safe.

    Thats why it had the second highest kill rate (after Hawkins) with a 66,57% kill per game. Pallets were very safe but it was very small, very easy to approach Survivors without them knowing where you came from and extremely easy to 3 gen.

  • @Pig_Is_Pog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929230#Comment_1929230

    never was. the safe pallets couldn’t compensate anywhere near the fact that it’s the smallest map in dbd, gens are easy to patrol, maps easy to pressure and there’s literally no windows

    At least on the old version of the map, there was 2 windows that I remember. The one at the freezer and the one in the security room above the bathroom.

  • You guys are impossible to please

  • I hated The Game before and now I hate it even more. It feels like I'm playing ######### Minecraft with a mount of wood I have to break.

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929292#Comment_1929292

    "he'll shock" .. early pallet drops means they're going to drop it before doc gets a chance to stop the loop

    and you're making my point, he can't do anything but break pallets if survivors insist on making him do that

    Have you by any chance heard that Game was Doc's best map ? He gets great amounts of pressure thanks to the free infortmation from survivors beiing clumped together and some good stall.

    And if survivors are throwing pallets before even in range of Doc's shock. Even some amazing gen rushing teams would be out of good pallets before getting out. I don't know what to tell other then get better. It's not as bad as you say.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929305#Comment_1929305

    Have you by any chance heard that Game was Doc's best map ? He gets great amounts of pressure thanks to the free infortmation from survivors beiing clumped together and some good stall.

    And if survivors are throwing pallets before even in range of Doc's shock. Even some amazing gen rushing teams would be out of good pallets before getting out. I don't know what to tell other then get better. It's not as bad as you say.

    ok you go play Doctor vs 4 people that make you break every pallet and see how much "stall" you get from your static blast every 60 seconds

    doc is one of my top 3 most used killers, but he's entirely dependent on survivors being greedy or not knowing his mechanics

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929362#Comment_1929362

    ok you go play Doctor vs 4 people that make you break every pallet and see how much "stall" you get from your static blast every 60 seconds

    doc is one of my top 3 most used killers, but he's entirely dependent on survivors being greedy or not knowing his mechanics

    Well, sucks for you to play vs such good teams constantly each game. If you're having so much trouble with outplaying pallets while only facing amazing gen rushers, maybe it's time to master nurse ?

    Or just play any other killer with strong chase power like spirit and deathslinger and you should be able to outplay loops. The map didn't change that much loop wise, so why nobody complined about it before if it's as broken as you say.

  • @Canas said:

    Like the title says. Never before have I seen this many pallets on a single map, and this close to each other. There's a disgusting number of godpallets as well which have to be broken, this is absolutely unfun. So far every single match I had - since the update went live - featured one or even two survivors bringing an offering for this map just to abuse it.

    It almost feels like the map reworks are only aimed at pleasing survivor players. The visuals might be nice but the overall framerate and ingame performance have gone down by a lot, maybe my machine can't keep up with these updates but I can't deal with 10 fps close to a finished gen on these maps.

    I don't really agree with that. Autohaven and MacMillan have huge deadzones with completely NOTHING there to use as a survivor.

  • Hawkins has back to back pallets, are you gonna complain about that too?

  • @Kellie said:

    Hawkins has back to back pallets, are you gonna complain about that too?

    not really a good comparison lol

  • It ws survivor sided even before rework

  • Good to know! I just finished with installing the update. I’m gonna use an offering, but just cuz I wanna see it! I think for the first day or two, it’s better to assume that people are just curious rather than trying to abuse the map.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Survivors are almost certainly bringing the offering to try out the new map. They are not trying to abuse it.

    I'd recommend you wait to learn the map a bit before jumping to conclusions about balance. Posts about balance from like an hour after the patch drops aren't likely to be very accurate.

    I mean...we had a whole PTB to try out the map. What's being said here is exactly what was being said during the PTB.

  • Because while Hawkins has lots of pallets, most of them are pretty bad. They can get good if you have a bunch thrown and can loop between them, but just about each individual pallet is incredibly easy for the Killer to get a hit at if you try to play it.

  • @GloryHunter said:

    You guys are impossible to please

    its almost like people are pleased when they address gameplay and bugs like we've been asking for four ######### years, when they are instead focused on making cometic change after cosmetic change that literally 0% of the community asked for

  • I’m kind of happy that one of the maps with the highest kill-rate got balanced to be more Survivor friendly. I’ve not tried the map yet, but considering how horrific it’s previous state was and people’s comments on here, it must be a pretty successful rework.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929448#Comment_1929448

    If OP played this map many times on the PTB and came out feeling the same way I'd be more inclined to take that feedback seriously, but that's not likely given the timing of the post.

    I still don't think a PTB is necessarily enough to come to this conclusion either unless it's really egregious, though. I'd prefer to trust actual kill rate data once the map goes live rather than opinions based on a week of game time max.

    As far as I can tell, the map hasn't changed from PTB. So why would the opinion change?

  • Have been through this map several times now. It is prettier, but it is so SWF sided now that I just AFK the match instead of bothering to play it anymore.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929555#Comment_1929555

    The PTB is generally not for serious gameplay and only a small amount of players on one platform participate. It also takes more than a week or so for enough players on both sides to get familiar with a map, so a map's performance on the PTB probably won't match how it performs when it goes live.

    Like I said, if it's egregious (like you load in and you see that there are 150 pallets on the map) then you can certainly draw some conclusions from the PTB, but otherwise I think the best option is to wait until the map goes live, evaluate its performance over the whole player base in real game situations, and make tweaks as needed if it turns out to be unbalanced.

    The PTB was longer than a week, was it not?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929605#Comment_1929605

    As far as I know it's usually only open for a week or so, but I also haven't participated in quite a while. Still though, call it 2-3 weeks and I'd stand by my point.

    I think the ptb automatically closes based on active ptb players. Which usually means it doesn't last longer than a week, because most people try ptb for a couple of days before switching back.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929605#Comment_1929605

    As far as I know it's usually only open for a week or so, but I also haven't participated in quite a while. Still though, call it 2-3 weeks and I'd stand by my point.

    I guess. Either way, I don't see the perception changing. The map was pretty egregious as far as safe pallets, from what I saw.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929681#Comment_1929681

    Yeah, I also haven't played it yet, so I can't comment on the specifics - if it's really egregious I'm sure we'll ultimately get some balance changes to help out. It's a bit of a tricky one to balance to be fair, since there are so few window loops. Too few safe pallets and survivors have no chance because they can't rely on windows to buy them any time, but too many and they can easily spam out gens before the killer clears most of them.

    There are a substantial number of pallets that cannot be mindgamed by the Killer in any way whatsoever. I would say close to all of the pallets on the outer ring of the upper floor are unmindgameable, and they've added at least one area downstairs where dropping the pallet renders it completely impossible to cross without breaking it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1929736#Comment_1929736

    Well sure, but the old version of The Game was the same way too, and necessarily so given the lack of windows on that map. It might not make for fun gameplay if both sides are skilled, but it's also not necessarily a balance issue.

    I'm saying that the new Game exacerbates the issue. There seems to be a larger percentage of straight-up god pallets on both floors of the map with no real trade-off (as far as I can tell).