Perfect (maybe) self care nerf.
So this is the version 1.0.2.:
Unlocks the ability to heal yourself without a Med-Kit at 30/40/50 % the normal healing speed. Skill Checks triggered in this situation have success zones reduced by 20/10/0 %. Increases the efficiency of Med-Kit self-heal by 50/75/100 %.
what if we used this again with tweeks?
Unlocks the ability to heal yourself without a Med-Kit at 30% the normal healing speed. Increases the efficiency of Med-Kit self-heal by 25/50/75%.
OR
You can use your medkits efficiently. Med-kit self heal charge consumption is decreased by 50/75/100%. Also you heal yourself faster by 10/15/20% (10/20/30)
Then buff botany knowledge and we good. I need to know what do you think
(also this post was posted once but the it has to get approved or something so posting again)
Comments
The problem with self-care has nothing to do with its speed, and everything to do with the fact that it's infinite. It's needs to allow you to heal yourself once per game (and resets fully if interrupted). With that in place, it's fine if it heals at normal healing speed.
See option number 2
I'd prefer that option yes, but I don't think it's really plausible without also reworking (just buffing wouldn't really work in this case) Botany Knowledge due to the huge amount of overlap.
Well then im out of options ...
I like this idea.
Even then, I never see a problem with Self Care when I play Killer myself.
Exactly, sc = more bps from hits
Actually this is from a survivor perspective...
If you try to be altruistic and heal people they just heal themselfes with Self Care.
I think if they go on with healing time change (from 12 to 16) Self Care would get nerfed enough. 32 (or 40 with Mangled) seconds to heal is a loooot of time.
I think it is gonna become 24 not 32 since it reduces healing speed by %50. I don't know how mangled affects (Baseline or cumulative?) but it will be around 28-30 with mangled.
I wouldn't mind these changes or the changes of only one heal per game. That would certainly make the match scarier and more serious for survivors
If it was limited: Why not just bring medkits? Better heals than a perk.
It is already 24.
I think that Self Care should be made a base skill for EVERY survivour, 80% of people use it anyway, so why not make it 100? Ofc, game must be balanced around it then, but mostly because of it's not using a perk slot anymore. Because right now close to endgame not having self care means that survivours are doomed, ut if they do - there's no stopping them, including hatch situations. Including this into survivours abilities will finally allow devs to nerf surviours, considering they are able to use self care. Now they just can't, since some people don't use it.
Though, it's just an idea that's not anywhere near good, it might be a solution to self heal problem.
I believe it is 18. If it is not, perk description is wrong and it should be stated that it reduces healing speed by %100.
And survivors are rewarded points for getting hit too.
I meant that if survivors are healed killer can hit them more times and killer would get more BPs.
Would love to see bps earned for getting hits though, lol.
They considered having Self Care reset healing completely if you got interrupted, but that was deemed too powerful as it was canceling out work done by other people healing you. Personally, I wouldn't mind it if Self Care interruptions only regressed you 25%. If nothing else, it would stop that silly "heal mid-chase" garbage we keep seeing.
50 decreases makes 100 into 50. Healing with 50 is doubling the time.
Just multiple time by 0.50
SC is needed in game, and the game is designed with this perk in everyone possession in mind.
As for those situations : devs said they don't like situations themselves, so they are you be reworked
The only Nerf needed is heal in killers face thing and times. Times are worked on right now.
Oh, and it should not cuck Freddy so hard. It is most meta perk all time, you can't have it directly counter killers ability
No, self care is fine.
Doing something at half the speed makes you require double the time. The description is right, you're just confusing speed with time.
Oh you are right, my bad.
I believe, Freddy's problems with SC will be solved with the next balance patch (though, devs' buffs are always so unpredictable and they might make a perk/addon solution LOL).
In next patch Freddy is going to be there even more - more SC time, more skill checks
They want to remove SC being able to wake you up
Also still this post was made because for the more altruistic players.
altruism
[ˈaltruːɪz(ə)m]
disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others.
Translation to DbD: "If you don't let me heal you (even if I'm going to fail all the skill checks) then I'll cry and cry and cry. Your survival is less important than my bloodpoints."
But not entirely on bp thing
Orrr killers can stop being whiny babies about it and use Nurses Calling to counter it like intended.
A Nurse's Calling does not counter Self Care. It does not stop the perk in any conceivable way.
Calm Spirit counters Spies From The Shadows - it fully prevents the perk from ever activating.
Boil Over counters Iron Grasp - it fully prevents the perk from taking effect.
A Nurse's Calling does nothing to prevent Self Care. All it does is provide you with an aura if the Survivor was stupid/reckless enough to heal within your terror radius.
To say that A Nurse's Calling counters Self Care is like saying that Territorial Imperative counters basement rescues.
counter
"a thing which opposes or prevents something else"
So, let me get this straight:
You believe that A Nurse's Calling, a Perk which reveals the Aura of healing Survivors within up to 28 metres of the Killer somehow prevents the Survivor from using Self-Care?
Going by your logic, do you then agree with me, that Territorial Imperative is an excellent counter to basement saves? I mean, we all know that having your Aura revealed puts a magic interaction-blocker on you.
My apologies, it negates one effect and doesn't negate the additional 1.9 s of carry time, which clearly make a big difference.
Well technically speaking no, but in a sense it does counter it since if the survivor is stupid enough to heal in your terror radius you can stop it and down them.
Thus stopping aka countering the heal. 😁
Sorry couldn't resist that last part.
Now you could still keep the idea that most of us suggested which is that if you stop the heal it resets the progress but make it personal healing only.
If 1 or more others heals you then stops their progress gets saved similar to say chest searches.
I condemn thee back to hell, devil's advocate!
Joking aside, that's not how a counter works, but unlike Grimzy, I believe you know that.
I do indeed, but my sense of humour got the better of me so had to post that for some early morning laughs. Besides the devs and mods are going to be at work **Soon ** ™ so I'm sure they could use some early laughs.
Unless he is doing it in plain sight anyway by dragging you from pallet to pallet until he is finished and the hunt begins from zero.