Let’s talk about PC killer advantage

I play console. PS5. I have no latency issues as I am 1G wired. However In cross plat you can tell a PC killer pretty well. Huntress never misses for example. Killers are barely if at all effected by even aggressive wiggling. Obvious UI and mods as well as possible cheats being used. I get that cross plat is designed to shorten the queue but yeaaah. Big difference in skill between a 1 killer on console and PC being the console killer especially cross plat certainly is more skilled. For the salty PC killer mains, truth, it hurts sometimes.

Comments

  • @scottymo said:

    Well yes the frame rate, and latency are certainly factors but so are mods and UI which coincidentally few are commenting. What about those cross hairs? How come I can wiggle the heck of a killer that doesn’t have one of the counter wiggle perks on console but PC forget about it. Obvious. Thus why any tourney should be distinguished between consoles and PC. PC has massive advantages in cross plat. PS5 is just a bargain gaming PC. $700 you can build a PC that will blow away the PS5. The concern here more the mods, UIs/mods, and yes cheats being used on PC.

    What are you talking about? UI mods? My friend has DbD on his Xbox and use his TV's built-in crosshair and gamma settings, does that mean he's a PC player because he breaks your idea of console limitations? And whats this about cheats? You think hackers are some kind of common garden weed? I go up against maybe 1 every 200 trials, and that's being very generous.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    "Huntress never misses for example."

    Huntress is honestly an unfair killer in DBD to verse. She was fine in 2016 when survivors were much much much muuuuuch stronger in so many ways from perks to bigger maps with many more pallets and perks were much better. Toolboxes could instantly repair a gen when she was released.

    Now it is the opposite and the coin has flipped, killer perks are at so many times stronger than survivor perks, most of the killers have been massively overbuffed as well. Huntress has remained exactly the same and now a good Huntress can't be defeated. Hitboxes are gigantic and with dedicated survivors you can't dodge them. Anyone on here that says you can counterplay a huntress has never played against a good one. They've learned the hitboxes and you can't even hide behind a barrel because they know that razor thin blanket of air above they can throw over and it magically hits your head. It is so bad I don't try any more because there is nothing you can do.

    If all of her advantages are not enough, she has the Bubba advantage in which you can't save with her. She has no cooldown after a hatchet throw so she can instantly M1. That is still not all, she now still has 4 more hatchets to down anyone she wants in close proximity easily 2 hits to bypass borrowed time.

    If that is still not overpowered enough, she has an addon that turns her into a loaded shotgun. It blows my mind how the devs have not touched this killer.

    Huntress is the most middle of the road killer atm. She is map dependent and certain loops are unplayable for her

    If you’re looking for killers with no counter look for slinger or spirit. Huntress is fine

  • While i agree that console players who dont have access to mouse and keyboard and have lower framerates do have a disadvantage, that doesn´t mean the players are no competition. A good player actually can compensate his disadvantages, because movement prediction with huntress or mind games for example dont depend on that equipment.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908356#Comment_1908356

    Huntress is the most middle of the road killer atm. She is map dependent and certain loops are unplayable for her

    If you’re looking for killers with no counter look for slinger or spirit. Huntress is fine

    Huntress has 5 chances to hit you, Slinger has only 1. But, yes, there is a certain amount of unfairness to both of these killers too. Stealth is the only way to beat them, however killers have everything they need to negate stealth.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908406#Comment_1908406

    Huntress has 5 chances to hit you, Slinger has only 1. But, yes, there is a certain amount of unfairness to both of these killers too. Stealth is the only way to beat them, however killers have everything they need to negate stealth.

    What about things like rock loops that invalidate huntresses power completely? Or maps like Hawkins or lerys that make it much harder to play her.

    She is strong yes but far from uncounterable like spirit or slinger

  • @chadbeastofprey said:

    i can nearly always call when a killer will be console by how bad or tunnel-y they play...console killers are not better lol.

    You forgot about the fact that they have a higher latency by default, too. Very fun to be playing against a killer getting handheld because the servers are trash.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908416#Comment_1908416

    What about things like rock loops that invalidate huntresses power completely? Or maps like Hawkins or lerys that make it much harder to play her.

    She is strong yes but far from uncounterable like spirit or slinger

    Why shouldn't those things invalidate her power? That's the only way to keep from getting hit. But this shows how overpowered the killer is, if you need a map like Hawkins to maybe stand a chance.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908439#Comment_1908439

    Why shouldn't those things invalidate her power? That's the only way to keep from getting hit. But this shows how overpowered the killer is, if you need a map like Hawkins to maybe stand a chance.

    If she has loops that invalidate her she isn’t uncounterable that goes against the word

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908489#Comment_1908489

    If she has loops that invalidate her she isn’t uncounterable that goes against the word

    Only in a very rare situation. Most huntresses know all the crevaces to throw through, knows how to fake at a pallet. They can hold the hatchet and walk around a loop and a survivor can't do anything. Too much advantage.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908490#Comment_1908490

    Only in a very rare situation. Most huntresses know all the crevaces to throw through, knows how to fake at a pallet. They can hold the hatchet and walk around a loop and a survivor can't do anything. Too much advantage.

    She moves at like 80-90% speed when holding a hatchet so you out run her at said loop. Pallets can be a 50/50 but certain pallets are straight up unplayable for her. Not to mention the house of pain on haddonfield/badham is an infinite for her

    As for your comparison to deathslinger if he misses he can reload mid chase. Huntress has to find a locker and take about 4-5 seconds to reload which is ample time to either run away or hide.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908246#Comment_1908246

    Show me one instance in this entire thread where I so much as I even mention a mouse and keyboard. You are asking me to stop arguing in regards to something I never mentioned.

    My argument is that console is not an inferior mess that is inherently incapable of achieving success in this game, which it very clearly is. You would KNOW that was my argument if you were reading at all, which you clearly are not.

    "So you might wanna stop arguing the mouse keyboard thing you're ignorance is showing though"

    It is "your" by the way. How many hours of English do you have? Like 5?

    Yeah it's called autocorrect, nice straw man. Anyway the whole difference between pc and console is mouse and keyboard. You're arguing that there is no difference between pc and console. The main difference between a good pc and the ps5 is one is stuck with a controller and one gets the far superior control mechanism of a mouse. You seem to think red rank killer is difficult to achieve and that there are red rank console killers means they are just as good as pc killers. You're probably the only individual on this forum with that opinion, its laughable.

  • actually since crossplatform my steam has had longer queue times as survivor, it's went up and it's went down since but on average it's usually been longer since it seemed most console players were survivor

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    This is a garbage claim.

    Plenty of Red Rank Killers are on console. SpookNJukes runs this game on his PS4 without any issues and I see him nail Gunslinger shot after Gunslinger shot.

    Quit blaming your equipment.

    Hey Remember this where you said quit blaming your equipment? The biggest equipment difference is stick vs mouse. I'm sorry you didn't formulate your argument correctly. Apparently you meant stop blaming your console's......processor and ram i guess?

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907571#Comment_1907571

    I don't get how they are unable to AT LEAST fix the major FPS drops (e.g getting bloodlust 1,getting hit by noed/sloppy/freddy etc.) after all this time.It's just really pathetic at this point.

    I just wish they would finally tell us what's going on with optimization.

    Seems like we need another famous twitter guy to finally get an answer :(

    Because they won’t make any more money doing it. Look at the Switch port; it’s literally just “here, try running this poorly optimized game with your hardware.” It is embarrassing how awful the Switch version looks. But, I wonder how much money they earned with that release.

  • @ulquiorra_cifer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/223076/let-s-talk-about-pc-killer-advantage

    BS. Ive played this game since release, but broke my pc out of anger when I lost my legacy. Now I'm on ps4, still maining nurse, and don't notice a difference.

    “Still main nurse”. probably still over your head

  • @ulquiorra_cifer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/223076/let-s-talk-about-pc-killer-advantage

    BS. Ive played this game since release, but broke my pc out of anger when I lost my legacy. Now I'm on ps4, still maining nurse, and don't notice a difference.

    you broke your pc over a video game's save file? I'd say you should have stayed awayed from the game that made you wanna do that. and maybe looked into figuring out how to better tell yourself to not destroy property over a video game as an adult (I mean yea many of us threw the controllers as little kids when we didn't appreciate the cost of things) and maybe figure out what's making you so impulsive or destructively inclined.

  • @ulquiorra_cifer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908821#Comment_1908821

    What makes you think I'm an adult? And I used to have EXTREMELY bad anger issues, now I'm super chill, and as long as I have fun, I don't care if I lose. I didn't rage bc I lost either. I raged because I managed to get legacy 2 on nurse, and all of that effort to get it didn't even matter, because I lost it shortly after, never going to get it back, either. Not saying what I did was reasonable, but if something like that has never happened to you before, I don't think you have the right to judge.

    destroying an entire computer over a wiped save in a video game is a symptom of deeper issues that can impact you elsewhere in life. and knowing there's somebody out there in society that touchy and explosive could be impacting for others who caught you on the wrong day or in the wrong way is also troubling in these extremely emotionally charged times where people just seem to be constantly losing their #########.

    I was around with my save lost a couple of times in 2016 on the original steam release and wound up banned off the steam discussions for telling somebody how to back up their save in the early months before ironically the mods started telling people to do it themselves by 2017. Although technically I do remember saying something along the lines of "if survivors dc and make you lose your mori you can also get it back that way" so I can see why I got discussions banned back then, but it also taught me about the survivor bias because they had no problem with them wasting killers' offerings even back then. I didn't fly off the handle once it was confirmed to msyelf through that and the many snarky comments from the goatsee guy on live streams though

    I did the mature thing though, I played a little with nurse, lost interest, didn't feel like continually grinding the game over again and uninstalled the game and hadn't touched it until around pyramidhead came out this year when I heard they added the vault spam bamboozle effect and people couldn't abuse windows any more. I never destroyed anything, I just wrote the game off as trash and forgot it existed for about 4 years. Because the game is trash and not worth losing our heads over it, it's entertaining trash to read about though. I read about folks also having deleted saves a couple or few times in 2017 as well, and lol'd reading it was still a problem even a year later. It's like these devs are stuck in limbo at the student level of coding or something. Totally not worth letting it make me that angry.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908637#Comment_1908637

    Ah yes. The old "autocorrect". Darn. Also, that's not a strawman. You might wanna google what that is.

    "You're arguing that there is no difference between pc and console"

    I actually never said that, either. Your ability to read is breathtakingly bad. Just stop.

    So you lose the argument and jump to nothing but insults. Mature.

  • I think the real issue everybody is afraid to address here is the killers' white privilege, and it needs to be discussed if we are to figure out how to topple the systemic racism in this game's fundamental designs and ensure the equity in outcomes for the survivors that is necessary for the health of the game. It's not pc killer privilege, it's killer privilege. Whether on console or pc they all contribute to this unfair system that is designed to screw and unfavor survivors for the benefit of the few and console killers only support that unfair system. Playing killers on a console is not an excuse, it's simply looking the other way and expecting a pat on the back for it. You can fight this injustice, by not playing killers and instead queueing as survivors in solidarity. Just let the game sit if it takes too long, that's the man trying to keep you down and discourage you, just keeping your survivors in queue is a show enough of support. Don't forget to do it in the charity pack. Who's with me. Dwight lives matter. Don't let him hide in that locker alone.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908134#Comment_1908134

    If console players were in this boo hoo unplayable mess, we wouldn't have rank 1 console Killers. I see them CONSTANTLY.

    Rank 1 could be achieved by a caveman if you gave him enough time. An absurdly generous rank system doesn't give any excuse to ignore the glaring issues on console.

    Console players are absolutely capped in how good they can perform in the game at base and with certain killers. PC killers undeniably have an advantage over console killers.

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907581#Comment_1907581

    Because they won’t make any more money doing it. Look at the Switch port; it’s literally just “here, try running this poorly optimized game with your hardware.” It is embarrassing how awful the Switch version looks. But, I wonder how much money they earned with that release.

    Yeah,nobody is going to argue that the switch port was nothing else but a money grab.I feel so sorry for everyone that wasted money buying the game on this console.

    I'm just so damn tired of BHVR simply ignoring extremely important issues.I really thought this game would get better once they were able to seperate from Starbreeze but apparently this wasn't really the case :(

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1906933#Comment_1906933

    Mods are illegal except for the icon mods, and their is only one UI in the game.

    If you can wiggle out of a killer's grasp on console the killers on console must be a sad lot.

    keep in mind that EZ anticheat can and sometimes will ban you for changing icons


    also keep in mind this same anticheat won't instantly ban you for things like this Insane HACKER Blows Up The Entire Dead By Daylight Map! - YouTube

    skip to 4:40 for the start of the match, it gets pretty wild

  • @scottymo said:

    I play console. PS5. I have no latency issues as I am 1G wired. However In cross plat you can tell a PC killer pretty well. Huntress never misses for example. Killers are barely if at all effected by even aggressive wiggling. Obvious UI and mods as well as possible cheats being used. I get that cross plat is designed to shorten the queue but yeaaah. Big difference in skill between a 1 killer on console and PC being the console killer especially cross plat certainly is more skilled. For the salty PC killer mains, truth, it hurts sometimes.

    Ehm its the other way around.

    Console Killers are at a DISatvantage compared to pc Killers.

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908152#Comment_1908152

    Rank 1 could be achieved by a caveman if you gave him enough time. An absurdly generous rank system doesn't give any excuse to ignore the glaring issues on console.

    Console players are absolutely capped in how good they can perform in the game at base and with certain killers. PC killers undeniably have an advantage over console killers.

    pc killers certainly have an edge on console killers, but you can honestly play survivor with a pad very well... including the '360' and as evidence somebody posted a video in another thread (iirc the thread about why killers dc and it was on the second or third page and they confirmed they play on console in followup post) where they swirly the killer two times in a row before raging one into disconnecting lol. As killers though, most specifically but not entirely (due to turn speed and Precision) ranged killers are just frustrating to play as. There's even been a good chainsaw billy I saw playing on a console (might have also been windows store though, but who in their right mind would buy dbd there imo). But yeah generally you'll have a much better time adjusting to mouse control as killer.

    I've seen in the PS5 system settings and UI that there is an area with mouse and keyboard options, but the games need to have the support for that enabled unfortunately and those games are probably very few. And likely the ones you'd wanna use it would be among those not allowing it for obvious balance reasons, nobody would want a guy running around with a mouse and a sniper scope 360 no scope one shotting all the other guys playing with their pads lol. I wouldn't wanna deal with that either if I still played shooters and bought one on my PS5 rather than my pc, I'd obviously have gotten a console version so I would sweat less considering the way my left arms been getting from wear and tear.

  • We should take more about console killer disadvantage.

  • @Mr_K said:

    We should take more about console killer disadvantage.

    As if BHVR would care about it lol

  • im On series X so I wouldn’t know. Wouldn’t surprise me though

  • A rank 1 PC killer is equal to a rank 9,000 ps4 killer. I agree the PC users has such an edge over console users.

    If I had a PC I'd be about 50x better than what I'm on the PS4.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1912840#Comment_1912840

    im On series X so I wouldn’t know. Wouldn’t surprise me though

    exaggerations, there's a few maps with briefly laggys pots on ps5 but those drops are more for a second and it's not making it unplayable or inhibiting me the last times I played. unless recent patches worsened it or something. dead hard still works as an example, at least for me it did.

  • @jester20k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1906909#Comment_1906909

    Nonsense, pc killers have the advantage of mouse and keyboard, thats all. This affects how quickly and accurately you can aim, and keep flick. Whoever you're talking about might be a great slinger, but he would be much better if he put the same hours in on pc. It's just a fact. Huntress, hillbilly, slinger, blight, nurse, oni, and to a lesser extent victor and Bubba all suffer this way. You just cannot turn a joystick as quickly or accurately as you can move a mouse.

    Don’t forget to mention a majority of pc players have a crosshair as well

1 2 ›