We love stridor spirits

Look I understand if you main spirit. She has a cool design and intriguing power but please for the love of everyone’s sanity don’t use stridor.

This is the one time playing survivor where what I do doesn’t matter. I could do any mind game and be outplayed because this guy has a perk.

its worse when spirits who clearly don’t need it still run it. It’s training wheels for an already fairly easy killer.

Its pretty much old tinkerer except it only works well on one killer

Even iron will can’t save you from this #########

i had to slog through three of these today and honestly felt like uninstalling. How do they want to nerf Freddy before this?

Comments

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901895#Comment_1901895

    your characters breathing is louder even when uninjured. if you look it doesn't say injured sounds only.

    Yeah I know she has stridor but how do I play against it?

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901735#Comment_1901735

    And what do you do if you are colorblind and dont see scratchmarks anyway?

    unfor up until recently DBD didn’t support colorblind players so you’re kinda out of luck there

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901889#Comment_1901889

    Nurse has a sound and visual que for charging a blink

    Wraith has a bell sound or a whoosh

    ghostface doesn’t but he at least has footsteps and you can still see him

    Blinks go through walls, technically it would only be a sound cue depending on range

    stack a few perks and addons and tecnically you can blink at someone from outside of your terror radius with no blink charging sound

    that both removes the sound queue and visual queue at that rnage

    Wraith has a Coxcombed Clapper

    ghostface has clever pathing


    All of these can lack feedback in some way shape or form but it seems you just ignore it as long as it supports your argument just like you ignore counterplay against spirit that isn't chase counterplay while not specifically asking for chase counterplay against spirit

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901900#Comment_1901900

    Blinks go through walls, technically it would only be a sound cue depending on range

    stack a few perks and addons and tecnically you can blink at someone from outside of your terror radius with no blink charging sound

    that both removes the sound queue and visual queue at that rnage

    Wraith has a Coxcombed Clapper

    ghostface has clever pathing

    All of these can lack feedback in some way shape or form but it seems you just ignore it as long as it supports your argument just like you ignore counterplay against spirit that isn't chase counterplay while not specifically asking for chase counterplay against spirit

    These are all addon combos spirit by existing has no feedback. She even randomly passive phases which can throw you off rarely even spirit HERSELF doesn’t get feedback on this

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901914#Comment_1901914

    These are all addon combos spirit by existing has no feedback. She even randomly passive phases which can throw you off rarely even spirit HERSELF doesn’t get feedback on this

    So what, they would all lack feedback by existing in those states, do you only deal in absolutes when it specifically supports your flawed arguments

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901919#Comment_1901919

    So what, they would all lack feedback by existing in those states, do you only deal in absolutes when it specifically supports your flawed arguments

    Those are really specific interactions which rarely happen. To do these things you have to sacrifice addons or even a whole build to do so. Spirit by her flawed design is the only killer to do this normally which imo is unhealthy for the game

  • To be fair even with Iron Will against Stridor you're still much quieter. Still allows you more room against a spirit in chase surely.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901839#Comment_1901839

    So what your saying is survivors could also predict the killer and watch the grass using their eyes right

    Would be a neat counter to the Spirit if she moved grass while phasing.

    Which she doesn't.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901896#Comment_1901896

    Yeah I know she has stridor but how do I play against it?

    depends on your play style, that is something you have to figure out on your own.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    To be fair even with Iron Will against Stridor you're still much quieter. Still allows you more room against a spirit in chase surely.

    You’re right but it’s still enough for the spirit to very easily catch you on sound alone

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901922#Comment_1901922

    Those are really specific interactions which rarely happen. To do these things you have to sacrifice addons or even a whole build to do so. Spirit by her flawed design is the only killer to do this normally which imo is unhealthy for the game

    Sacrifice a whole build to do so

    I don't know about that one chief

    Single addon for wraith

    2 addons and a perk for nurse thats still a good build with 30 meter blink range and 24 meter terror radius


    Normally Wraith only has his bell once he gets close for a 3 second uncloak which only the last 1.5 seconds have sound

    Spirit has her phasing sounds outside of her terror radius which gives more reaction time than wraiths

    but you don't see people complaining about the wraith

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901847#Comment_1901847

    Would be a neat counter to the Spirit if she moved grass while phasing.

    Which she doesn't.

    Sauce?

  • I'm a lvl 8 killer and 122 hrs into the game, I'm also color blind and rely on sound more than anything. I run lvl 3 stridor but am not yet proficient with it as I hear something and unphase yet the aurvivor is farther away than I thought. Even with that, I don't rack up the 4k's. When I play against survivors that take off of the gen as soon as they hear my TR I struggle to find them. I spend more time looking for survivors than anything else and gens on the other side of the map are getting done while I'm looking. I tend to run Corrupt Intervention, Sloppy, Stridor and NoShame NOED until I get Nurse's calling, then I'll swap out NOED for that.

    I really don't understand the mindset that says "this one killer has this one really strong power and I don't like it so it should be nerfed". I effing hate OoO but I'm not gonna blast someone for using it, I'll just try to tunnel the hell out of that player until I can get rid of it. And while I try to tunnel that obsession, gens are getting done. There are plenty of options instead of "nerf this thing I don't like".

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901901#Comment_1901901

    depends on your play style, that is something you have to figure out on your own.

    Thats vague.

    you see each killer has feedback to feel me what they are doing so I can try my best to counteract what they are doing e.g billy backreving get ready to juke or doctor shock prepare for it

    spirit doesn’t do this

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901927#Comment_1901927

    Sacrifice a whole build to do so

    I don't know about that one chief

    Single addon for wraith

    2 addons and a perk for nurse thats still a good build with 30 meter blink range and 24 meter terror radius

    Normally Wraith only has his bell once he gets close for a 3 second uncloak which only the last 1.5 seconds have sound

    Spirit has her phasing sounds outside of her terror radius which gives more reaction time than wraiths

    but you don't see people complaining about the wraith

    Wraith still gives footsteps and loud growling as well as burning sound while unclog king so that’s wrong

    spirit does give info when it isn’t really needed

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901896#Comment_1901896

    Yeah I know she has stridor but how do I play against it?

    When it comes to things like stridor Spirit, Hag, Deathslinger you're no longer playing against the killer, you're playing against the time and the 5 gens that need to be completed. Against a killer that will win every chase without you being able to do anything you have to rush gens and be more stealthy. Fun, right? But that's how you play against these killers. It's dumb and it's boring but stealth and uber-safe gameplay is an effective strat and it's something that, if done correctly, will put your team in a really good position to win because there isn't much any killer can do about splitting up and working on separate gens, and playing really safe.

  • @ProfGameAndTalk said:

    I'm a lvl 8 killer and 122 hrs into the game, I'm also color blind and rely on sound more than anything. I run lvl 3 stridor but am not yet proficient with it as I hear something and unphase yet the aurvivor is farther away than I thought. Even with that, I don't rack up the 4k's. When I play against survivors that take off of the gen as soon as they hear my TR I struggle to find them. I spend more time looking for survivors than anything else and gens on the other side of the map are getting done while I'm looking. I tend to run Corrupt Intervention, Sloppy, Stridor and NoShame NOED until I get Nurse's calling, then I'll swap out NOED for that.

    I really don't understand the mindset that says "this one killer has this one really strong power and I don't like it so it should be nerfed". I effing hate OoO but I'm not gonna blast someone for using it, I'll just try to tunnel the hell out of that player until I can get rid of it. And while I try to tunnel that obsession, gens are getting done. There are plenty of options instead of "nerf this thing I don't like".

    Damn that must be hard. Wish BHVR would add more accessibility settings. Still doesn’t mean stridor is okay on spirit though imo

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901901#Comment_1901901

    When it comes to things like stridor Spirit, Hag, Deathslinger you're no longer playing against the killer, you're playing against the time and the 5 gens that need to be completed. Against a killer that will win every chase without you being able to do anything you have to rush gens and be more stealthy. Fun, right? But that's how you play against these killers. It's dumb and it's boring but stealth and uber-safe gameplay is an effective strat and it's something that, if done correctly, will put your team in a really good position to win because there isn't much any killer can do about splitting up and working on separate gens, and playing really safe.

    I know stealth is the counter but it’s ineffective depending on the map and is boring for all parties killer included

  • Just look up any survivor vs Spirit video on YouTube or play some survivor yourself. She doesn't move grass when she walks through it.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901941#Comment_1901941

    Just look up any survivor vs Spirit video on YouTube or play some survivor yourself. She doesn't move grass when she walks through it.

    Watch some of Scott junds spirit videos too if you want good evidence to support my point

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901941#Comment_1901941

    Just look up any survivor vs Spirit video on YouTube or play some survivor yourself. She doesn't move grass when she walks through it.

    Nah, if you want to prove me wrong do it with your own research, I'm not doing it for you because it would be a waste of time if I was right. If you want to prove someone that they were wrong on the internet you have to do it yourself. Until then I'm going to keep believing what I currently do which is that spirit moves grass as she phases through it.

    Otherwise until that point I guess well just have to agree to disagree

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901938#Comment_1901938

    Wraith still gives footsteps and loud growling as well as burning sound while unclog king so that’s wrong

    spirit does give info when it isn’t really needed

    Unneeded info is still info which means you have something to counterplay off of

    or just use spinechill and stealth

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901957#Comment_1901957

    Nah, if you want to prove me wrong do it with your own research, I'm not doing it for you because it would be a waste of time if I was right. If you want to prove someone that they were wrong on the internet you have to do it yourself. Until then I'm going to keep believing what I currently do which is that spirit moves grass as she phases through it.

    Otherwise until that point I guess well just have to agree to disagree

    Seriously? It takes 5 minutes to test this and you refuse because you know your wrong?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901929#Comment_1901929

    You’re right but it’s still enough for the spirit to very easily catch you on sound alone

    That is correct but it's not like Iron Will is doing nothing which is why I'm still happy to be running it even though Stridor is in the game.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901970#Comment_1901970

    Seriously? It takes 5 minutes to test this and you refuse because you know your wrong?

    Prove someone on the internet wrong on your own time I got games to play

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901976#Comment_1901976

    Prove someone on the internet wrong on your own time I got games to play

    You debated with me for half an hour

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901936#Comment_1901936

    That is correct but it's not like Iron Will is doing nothing which is why I'm still happy to be running it even though Stridor is in the game.

    It’s better than nothing I guess

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901951#Comment_1901951

    Unneeded info is still info which means you have something to counterplay off of

    or just use spinechill and stealth

    A perk isn’t a counter and stealth is a counter to any killer

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901901#Comment_1901901

    When it comes to things like stridor Spirit, Hag, Deathslinger you're no longer playing against the killer, you're playing against the time and the 5 gens that need to be completed. Against a killer that will win every chase without you being able to do anything you have to rush gens and be more stealthy. Fun, right? But that's how you play against these killers. It's dumb and it's boring but stealth and uber-safe gameplay is an effective strat and it's something that, if done correctly, will put your team in a really good position to win because there isn't much any killer can do about splitting up and working on separate gens, and playing really safe.

    Spirit, Hag and Deathslinger are not going to win every single chase. Deathslinger can miss and Hag is not powerful on areas where she hasn't set any traps. As for Spirit, she is stronger than those two, but that is because she must be. Remember, Spirit is not an easy killer to learn and master, so you must be rewarded for your efforts to get good with her. Kinda like Nurse.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901934#Comment_1901934

    Thats vague.

    you see each killer has feedback to feel me what they are doing so I can try my best to counteract what they are doing e.g billy backreving get ready to juke or doctor shock prepare for it

    spirit doesn’t do this

    like i said you will have to use your play style and adjust. if you don't want to do stealth then you need to find what works for you. no one here can tell you anything more than what they do against these killers and several have better suggestions than I could ever come up with

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901952#Comment_1901952

    Spirit, Hag and Deathslinger are not going to win every single chase. Deathslinger can miss and Hag is not powerful on areas where she hasn't set any traps. As for Spirit, she is stronger than those two, but that is because she must be. Remember, Spirit is not an easy killer to learn and master, so you must be rewarded for your efforts to get good with her. Kinda like Nurse.

    Spirit requires less effort than both hag and deathslinger. Slinger requires precise aim and hag requires predictions and game sense

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901975#Comment_1901975

    A perk isn’t a counter and stealth is a counter to any killer

    Then why do you want iron will to be a counter

  • I never said that I said stridor shouldn’t be oppressive on one killer and mediocre on the rest

    in fact I said iron will needs a timer like lucky break

  • It's a perk, it's a part of the game they can always feel free to use it.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1902073#Comment_1902073

    I never said that I said stridor shouldn’t be oppressive on one killer and mediocre on the rest

    in fact I said iron will needs a timer like lucky break

    So you want to buff strider on killers that arent spirit? Hmmm... lets see since spirit cant see auras while phasing maybe buff it so that it shows the aura of anyone running Iron will withn 4/8/12 meters. Close range wall hack for everyone but Spirit while phasing sound good.

  • But when you don't run stridor then you have 4 survivors with iron will. And don't give me "oh just listen to foot steps". Sounds imo are still broken and stridor gives you a small advantage because you know you can't see the survivor during phase walk.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Look I understand if you main spirit. She has a cool design and intriguing power but please for the love of everyone’s sanity don’t use stridor.

    This is the one time playing survivor where what I do doesn’t matter. I could do any mind game and be outplayed because this guy has a perk.

    its worse when spirits who clearly don’t need it still run it. It’s training wheels for an already fairly easy killer.

    Its pretty much old tinkerer except it only works well on one killer

    Even iron will can’t save you from this #########

    i had to slog through three of these today and honestly felt like uninstalling. How do they want to nerf Freddy before this?

    Just use Iron Will and No Mither. No more Stridor problems!

  • @Unifall said:

    But when you don't run stridor then you have 4 survivors with iron will. And don't give me "oh just listen to foot steps". Sounds imo are still broken and stridor gives you a small advantage because you know you can't see the survivor during phase walk.

    Scratch marks and foliage can still be used

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1902158#Comment_1902158

    So you want to buff strider on killers that arent spirit? Hmmm... lets see since spirit cant see auras while phasing maybe buff it so that it shows the aura of anyone running Iron will withn 4/8/12 meters. Close range wall hack for everyone but Spirit while phasing sound good.

    I mean that’s just a counter to iron will. Maybe show auras of injured survivors when they exit chase on a cooldown?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1902324#Comment_1902324

    I mean that’s just a counter to iron will. Maybe show auras of injured survivors when they exit chase on a cooldown?

    But then how do you counter iron will

  • I want them to put it on a timer like lucky break but as of right now there really is none. I guess listen to their footsteps and foliage moving

  • Scratch marks can only do so much and aren't always reliable and if a survivor turns around, you really can't tell. As for grass you can't rely of every little patch of grass smart survivors know not to run on top of it against a spirit. Not every map has folage. But you're right they can be used. They however aren't always reliable.

  • I have been a wraith and doctor main for a long time and maaaaaan if I felt the difference when I swiced to spirit. Long gone are the days in wich I get destroyed by ds up squads. I will play stridor sloppy thanathophobia dying light spirit until they rework the ######### ds up combo. Have a nice day.

  • Thankfully, I haven't encountered too many Spirits with Stridor. Although, sometimes I get unlucky.

    The only advice I can give you is play one of the quieter survivors, be unpredictable, and hope the Spirit player is bad.

  • Stridor isn’t even that good on her it ######### with the audio

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901738#Comment_1901738

    Iron will was designed before spirit tbf so they probably didn’t intend the interaction and I’ve wanted the perk nerfed since I started playing.

    My problem comes from the perk being oppressive on one killer and mediocre on everyone else

    This. I play a fair share of killer and survivor, but once you reach ranks 1-2, killers can only win based on survivors mistakes. Running 1 stridor is nothing in comparison to 3-4 BTs and DSs; thats without mentioning strong communication, survivor teams and medkits. I feel as though as soon as survivors cant have an easy win, they want something nerfed.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Look I understand if you main spirit. She has a cool design and intriguing power but please for the love of everyone’s sanity don’t use stridor.

    This is the one time playing survivor where what I do doesn’t matter. I could do any mind game and be outplayed because this guy has a perk.

    its worse when spirits who clearly don’t need it still run it. It’s training wheels for an already fairly easy killer.

    Its pretty much old tinkerer except it only works well on one killer

    Even iron will can’t save you from this #########

    i had to slog through three of these today and honestly felt like uninstalling. How do they want to nerf Freddy before this?

    Take the second paragraph and apply that to small pp build and boom its both ways except on every single survivor and it counter all killers

  • @Thicc_Boi_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/222567/we-love-stridor-spirits

    Take the second paragraph and apply that to small pp build and boom its both ways except on every single survivor and it counter all killers

    Whataboutism at it’s finest

  • @Malvanos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901741#Comment_1901741

    This. I play a fair share of killer and survivor, but once you reach ranks 1-2, killers can only win based on survivors mistakes. Running 1 stridor is nothing in comparison to 3-4 BTs and DSs; thats without mentioning strong communication, survivor teams and medkits. I feel as though as soon as survivors cant have an easy win, they want something nerfed.

    They can’t balance around good survivors because they are non existent. Most survivors are bad and will quit if they lose every game.

    killer is probably always going o be weaker and that’s fine

1 2 3