We love stridor spirits

Look I understand if you main spirit. She has a cool design and intriguing power but please for the love of everyone’s sanity don’t use stridor.

This is the one time playing survivor where what I do doesn’t matter. I could do any mind game and be outplayed because this guy has a perk.

its worse when spirits who clearly don’t need it still run it. It’s training wheels for an already fairly easy killer.

Its pretty much old tinkerer except it only works well on one killer

Even iron will can’t save you from this #########

i had to slog through three of these today and honestly felt like uninstalling. How do they want to nerf Freddy before this?

Comments

  • I will continue to use stridor when I play spirit because iron will is a boring perk to face so seeing it be useless in real time is food for the soul

  • I literally went up against this today and it was one of the best games I've had recently.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901701#Comment_1901701

    This.

    Expecting Killers to abide by made up rules and polite requests won't work if Survivors don't do the same. Use what you want. Sure, you can ask people not to use something, or tell them they can't, otherwise they're a "bad Killer", but if you or others don't do the same, then it's a pointless thing to suggest.

    My favorite quotes are the "I Don't like my Iron will being useless"

    like that's what its there for, its there for you so specifically your iron will is useless and as an average player I can play the game with sound


    Whats the point of calling for a level playing field while using meta perks to prove your point, X strong perk doesn't work because X niche perk this is unfair

  • @bjorksnas said:

    I will continue to use stridor when I play spirit because iron will is a boring perk to face so seeing it be useless in real time is food for the soul

    Yeah iron will could use a timer like lucky break but I still don’t like my only counter play to spirit being countered not that I run it anyway

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901708#Comment_1901708

    My favorite quotes are the "I Don't like my Iron will being useless"

    like that's what its there for, its there for you so specifically your iron will is useless and as an average player I can play the game with sound

    Whats the point of calling for a level playing field while using meta perks to prove your point, X strong perk doesn't work because X niche perk this is unfair

    Months ago when people were asking for a counter to Spirit, many people said "run Iron Will", so when people actually started doing that, Spirits just started using Stridor, making the only counter that any of those players could suggest useless. Essentially, Stridor negates Spirit's only form of counter and survivors are given no feedback on what a Spirit is doing or where she is by default. Asking Spirit players to avoid using Stridor is completely reasonable and that's coming from a Spirit main who refuses to use Stridor (you really don't need it, all you have to do is stop phasing when you stop seeing scratch marks).

  • I mean, as spirit you greatly benefit from hearing injured survivors so stridor is natural pick. Even more so when you face survivors with Iron will, not hearing them while injured is extremely detrimental to even the best of spirits out there. It's like saying to survivors to not take DS because it's training wheels perk and you shoule be able to escape hard tunneling killer without it.

    Every basic chase with spirit starts with healthy survivor who doesn't moan due to injuries so once you get hit by the spirit, she gets to follow trough with easier tracking as a reward for landing the first hit.

    It wouldn't be healthy design for a single perk like Iron will which is already good perk overall to hard counter spirits tracking and killer beiing powerless to do anything about it.

    Personally I'd like to see phase walking slightly reworked so that the sounds of grunts of pain is permanetly set to 50% and isn't affected by perks of either side while phasing. Spirit still gets to hear injured survivors a little but neither side is forced to take a perk to shift the sound in their favor.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901701#Comment_1901701

    This.

    Expecting Killers to abide by made up rules and polite requests won't work if Survivors don't do the same. Use what you want. Sure, you can ask people not to use something, or tell them they can't, otherwise they're a "bad Killer", but if you or others don't do the same, then it's a pointless thing to suggest.

    I don’t really expect people not to blame the game not the player and all that but they should at least change stridor to be better on everyone else and less oppressive on spirit

  • @Kebek said:

    I mean, as spirit you greatly benefit from hearing injured survivors so stridor is natural pick. Even more so when you face survivors with Iron will, not hearing them while injured is extremely detrimental to even the best of spirits out there. It's like saying to survivors to not take DS because it's training wheels perk and you shoule be able to escape hard tunneling killer without it.

    Every basic chase with spirit starts with healthy survivor who doesn't moan due to injuries so once you get hit by the spirit, she gets to follow trough with easier tracking as a reward for landing the first hit.

    It wouldn't be healthy design for a single perk like Iron will which is already good perk overall to hard counter spirits tracking and killer beiing powerless to do anything about it.

    Personally I'd like to see phase walking slightly reworked so that the sounds of grunts of pain is permanetly set to 50% and isn't affected by perks of either side while phasing. Spirit still gets to hear injured survivors a little but neither side is forced to take a perk to shift the sound in their favor.

    Iron will was designed before spirit tbf so they probably didn’t intend the interaction and I’ve wanted the perk nerfed since I started playing.

    My problem comes from the perk being oppressive on one killer and mediocre on everyone else

  • I actually almost never run stridor on spirit, as an ex spirit main. I feel it's kinda unfair and you have to use your brain if someone has iron will. The only exception is when I run mother-daughter's ring.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901738#Comment_1901738

    Iron will was designed before spirit tbf so they probably didn’t intend the interaction and I’ve wanted the perk nerfed since I started playing.

    My problem comes from the perk being oppressive on one killer and mediocre on everyone else

    Well same can be said for Pop on Freddy, MYCH on Hag, etc. Some perks work extremely well with certain killer powers, that's why I'm suggesting to change said killer power so we don't have to have battle of perk changes.

    They'll eventually make more perks and another sound issue might arise, this way when the power is changed, no new perk can ever break it by changeing intensity of the sounds again.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    I actually almost never run stridor on spirit, as an ex spirit main. I feel it's kinda unfair and you have to use your brain if someone has iron will. The only exception is when I run mother-daughter's ring.

    That’s fair I just think spirit doesn’t need it for how strong she already is

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901741#Comment_1901741

    Well same can be said for Pop on Freddy, MYCH on Hag, etc. Some perks work extremely well with certain killer powers, that's why I'm suggesting to change said killer power so we don't have to have battle of perk changes.

    They'll eventually make more perks and another sound issue might arise, this way when the power is changed, no new perk can ever break it by changeing intensity of the sounds again.

    Yeah but spirit is so ingrained in sound that she would need a Freddy level rework which is fine by me honestly

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901721#Comment_1901721

    Months ago when people were asking for a counter to Spirit, many people said "run Iron Will", so when people actually started doing that, Spirits just started using Stridor, making the only counter that any of those players could suggest useless. Essentially, Stridor negates Spirit's only form of counter and survivors are given no feedback on what a Spirit is doing or where she is by default. Asking Spirit players to avoid using Stridor is completely reasonable and that's coming from a Spirit main who refuses to use Stridor (you really don't need it, all you have to do is stop phasing when you stop seeing scratch marks).

    What should I care what other people do and don't need,

    Other people use iron will so often that I feel I need stridor to crush their counterplay

    If they wanted to counter spirit they shouldn't have hoped for a one trick pony to solve all their problems and use general counterplays instead which while simple and not amazing on their own can add up to a win

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901701#Comment_1901701

    Yeah iron will could use a timer like lucky break but I still don’t like my only counter play to spirit being countered not that I run it anyway

    You say only, I don't think that means what you think it means I think you mean your only counterplay that's simple enough to use while still being strong, maybe use some of the lesser counterplay but a lot of it to make up for not having just 1 strong counterplay option

  • Spirit is the one thing killers have that you have to "learn to deal with".

    Hate DS? Learn to not tunnel.

    BT? Don't camp.

    UB? Don't slug.

    OoO? Don't chase the obsession. (Lest you receive the label of "tunneler")

    UB + DS? Don't down the survivor.


    Hate Spirit? Don't play mindlessly.

    My point is killers need something survivors can complain about so we can give a half-assed and untrue excuse why you are just bad

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901735#Comment_1901735

    What should I care what other people do and don't need,

    Other people use iron will so often that I feel I need stridor to crush their counterplay

    If they wanted to counter spirit they shouldn't have hoped for a one trick pony to solve all their problems and use general counterplays instead which while simple and not amazing on their own can add up to a win

    If you need stridor to play spirit I don’t know what to tell you

  • BHVR has too options (1) make Stridor not work on Iron Will or (2) ban Spirit + Stridor combo.

    Why? Because Spirit's only TRUE counter is Iron Will. If she only has to run a perk to counter her one true counter, than it is OP and should be nerfed in some way. Period. The end.

    Saying "get gud" or loop is not a true counter so save it killer mains.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901734#Comment_1901734

    You say only, I don't think that means what you think it means I think you mean your only counterplay that's simple enough to use while still being strong, maybe use some of the lesser counterplay but a lot of it to make up for not having just 1 strong counterplay option

    Examples of stuff that works?

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901734#Comment_1901734

    You say only, I don't think that means what you think it means I think you mean your only counterplay that's simple enough to use while still being strong, maybe use some of the lesser counterplay but a lot of it to make up for not having just 1 strong counterplay option

    Okay, and what would counterplay to a killer that you can't see or hear be?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901765#Comment_1901765

    If you need stridor to play spirit I don’t know what to tell you

    If you need iron will to not instantly die you just aint doing it right

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901767#Comment_1901767

    Okay, and what would counterplay to a killer that you can't see or hear be?

    Okay and what would counterplay to a survivor you can't see or hear be, the inconsistent scratch marks or the breathing and footstep sounds that work only when they feel like it

  • Splitting pressure, waiting for saves, using perks that promote teamwork in solo queue like kindred, playing swf, stacking more than one of sound reducing perks

    heres an exaple of a build that stacks grunts of pain and still dominates in solo queue and swf especiall (Object, off the record, iron will, Either DH or DS for the last one)

    Using stealth, not wasting time, knowing the killers faults like long cooldown after using the power for a long time, abusing the faults, play unpredictably, crouch mid phase walk to confuse the spirit to where you are because crouched grunts of pain are quieter

    While none of them are win the game broken or particularly easy to use, pick a few and improve at them instead of complaining theres no easy counterplay and not using any of them

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Look I understand if you main spirit. She has a cool design and intriguing power but please for the love of everyone’s sanity don’t use stridor.

    This is the one time playing survivor where what I do doesn’t matter. I could do any mind game and be outplayed because this guy has a perk.

    its worse when spirits who clearly don’t need it still run it. It’s training wheels for an already fairly easy killer.

    Its pretty much old tinkerer except it only works well on one killer

    Even iron will can’t save you from this #########

    i had to slog through three of these today and honestly felt like uninstalling. How do they want to nerf Freddy before this?

    what perks do you play? iron will? BT? DS? UB? SC? those are boring to play against too in one way or another. you can always find something to complain about but you have to look at how you play as well before you complain because if you are playing how the other side does not like or complains about then you have your answer why it's played.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/222567/we-love-stridor-spirits

    what perks do you play? iron will? BT? DS? UB? SC? those are boring to play against too in one way or another. you can always find something to complain about but you have to look at how you play as well before you complain because if you are playing how the other side does not like or complains about then you have your answer why it's played.

    Depends as I like to change it up mostly do healing builds with second or autodidact though

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901778#Comment_1901778

    Splitting pressure, waiting for saves, using perks that promote teamwork in solo queue like kindred, playing swf, stacking more than one of sound reducing perks

    heres an exaple of a build that stacks grunts of pain and still dominates in solo queue and swf especiall (Object, off the record, iron will, Either DH or DS for the last one)

    Using stealth, not wasting time, knowing the killers faults like long cooldown after using the power for a long time, abusing the faults, play unpredictably, crouch mid phase walk to confuse the spirit to where you are because crouched grunts of pain are quieter

    While none of them are win the game broken or particularly easy to use, pick a few and improve at them instead of complaining theres no easy counterplay and not using any of them

    You see most of those are general killer counters I’m looking for spirit counters particularly in chases

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901781#Comment_1901781

    Okay and what would counterplay to a survivor you can't see or hear be, the inconsistent scratch marks or the breathing and footstep sounds that work only when they feel like it

    your eyes and prediction. If scratch marks aren’t supposed to be perfect tracking and stridor doesn’t help bugged sounds

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901776#Comment_1901776

    If you need iron will to not instantly die you just aint doing it right

    i don’t run it as I run off meta most the time so your point doesn’t make sense. But tell me besides audio bugs how to counter a spirit?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901793#Comment_1901793

    your eyes and prediction. If scratch marks aren’t supposed to be perfect tracking and stridor doesn’t help bugged sounds

    So what your saying is survivors could also predict the killer and watch the grass using their eyes right

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901802#Comment_1901802

    You see most of those are general killer counters I’m looking for spirit counters particularly in chases

    Counter for a killer thats strong in a chase


    Don't get in a chase


    Seriously use like some stealth to make them waste time and only take chases when you need to

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901839#Comment_1901839

    So what your saying is survivors could also predict the killer and watch the grass using their eyes right

    Spirit doesn’t move grass when phasing but that would be very cool. She has virtually no counter play in chase and is the only killer of 22 KILLERS to not give feedback on her power

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901791#Comment_1901791

    i don’t run it as I run off meta most the time so your point doesn’t make sense. But tell me besides audio bugs how to counter a spirit?

    Literally gave you a list of how to counter every killer but most survivors like you are so focused on just trying to find some easy win button for each killer you literally ignore the 22 other ways to counter killers

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901842#Comment_1901842

    Literally gave you a list of how to counter every killer but most survivors like you are so focused on just trying to find some easy win button for each killer you literally ignore the 22 other ways to counter killers

    But do they work? Have you tested these against a decent spirit before with stridor? I have and guess what it didn’t work

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901847#Comment_1901847

    Spirit doesn’t move grass when phasing but that would be very cool. She has virtually no counter play in chase and is the only killer of 22 KILLERS to not give feedback on her power

    False, hillbilly with the right addons can remove his entire terror radius and chainsaw sounds, + a line of sight blocked leads to twitch clips of people screaming of a point blank hillbilly out of nowhere

    +stealth killers thats literally their power to remove feedback

  • The perk fits the killer perfectly, it's hard to argue why they shouldn't use it.

    I get that Spirit in general is just obnoxious, but idk until the killer receives any changes what can you do?

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    The perk fits the killer perfectly, it's hard to argue why they shouldn't use it.

    I get that Spirit in general is just obnoxious, but idk until the killer receives any changes what can you do?

    I’m just pissed that the perk is terrible on th other 21 killers but oppressive on her

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901852#Comment_1901852

    But do they work? Have you tested these against a decent spirit before with stridor? I have and guess what it didn’t work

    Implying that a killer main doesn't know the small things that pile up during a match that can reach a insurmountable level that would cause even strong killers to lose

    I know a thing or two because ive seen a thing or two

    heres another extra counter for you

    don't hop of the first gen you see, works even better in swf, after the killer patrols your part of the map then get on the gen once they leave, if everyone does this you can get a gen or two done just by confusing the killer with stealth

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901807#Comment_1901807

    Depends as I like to change it up mostly do healing builds with second or autodidact though

    realize what you encounter is not the same as what that killer player encounters. it's easy to loose sight of that fact. lots of different issues and people out there some just rely on the ole standby.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901857#Comment_1901857

    I’m just pissed that the perk is terrible on th other 21 killers but oppressive on her

    Yeah I get that, it's a valid complaint.

    Unless they decide to make Iron Will mute your noises no matter what, I don't really see things changing.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901851#Comment_1901851

    False, hillbilly with the right addons can remove his entire terror radius and chainsaw sounds, + a line of sight blocked leads to twitch clips of people screaming of a point blank hillbilly out of nowhere

    +stealth killers thats literally their power to remove feedback

    Is that a core fundamental part of his power or just so addons that are supposed to change how his power functions?

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901832#Comment_1901832

    realize what you encounter is not the same as what that killer player encounters. it's easy to loose sight of that fact. lots of different issues and people out there some just rely on the ole standby.

    Oh I understand I play killer too but I find stridor spirit more obnoxious than dead hard ds or unbreakable

  • Just switch Iron Will out for DS and Unbreakable. Might as well.

  • @KingFrost said:

    Just switch Iron Will out for DS and Unbreakable. Might as well.

    I would love too but next game I’ll get a fun killer like oni or blight and then I’ll feel bad because they played fair

  • Myers players please stop running Monitor and Abuse. Your TR is already so small!

    Bubba mains please stop running Bamboozle. Your instadown is already strong enough.

    Nurse mains please stop running BBQ and Infectious. You’re already playing the strongest killer in the game.

    You can’t expect killers to not run what’s obviously the best choice of perks on their preferred killers. A vast majority of the players playing this game run the meta because they want the best chance to win.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901855#Comment_1901855

    Is that a core fundamental part of his power or just so addons that are supposed to change how his power functions?

    "is the only killer of 22 KILLERS to not give feedback"

    false other killers lack feedback as part of their basekit power and skill ceilings

    stealth killers have undetectable to remove their terror radius (aka lacking part of their feedback survivors get)

    and every killer that's not clown lacks a vaulting sound which gives no feedback to survivors when vaulting the window so the only way they can tell if you vault is by having los

    also nurse can technically blink through walls removing the fundamental part of being able to see the killer for them to attack you so technically nurse is just spirit but slower speed faster power because you can't see her use her power

  • @Kolonite said:

    Myers players please stop running Monitor and Abuse. Your TR is already so small!

    Bubba mains please stop running Bamboozle. Your instadown is already strong enough.

    Nurse mains please stop running BBQ and Infectious. You’re already playing the strongest killer in the game.

    You can’t expect killers to not run what’s obviously the best choice of perks on their preferred killers. A vast majority of the players playing this game run the meta because they want the best chance to win.

    I know but I just can’t stand this as spirit’s power is already easy and strong so there is no reason to use it

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901866#Comment_1901866

    Oh I understand I play killer too but I find stridor spirit more obnoxious than dead hard ds or unbreakable

    i'm sorry you find it like that but that doesn't change the fact that people like to run it as it helps in the match. it isn't broken at all, it's just harder to counter. there are tells for it as well so you can adjust your play style if you pay attention to it.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901721#Comment_1901721

    Months ago when people were asking for a counter to Spirit, many people said "run Iron Will", so when people actually started doing that, Spirits just started using Stridor, making the only counter that any of those players could suggest useless. Essentially, Stridor negates Spirit's only form of counter and survivors are given no feedback on what a Spirit is doing or where she is by default. Asking Spirit players to avoid using Stridor is completely reasonable and that's coming from a Spirit main who refuses to use Stridor (you really don't need it, all you have to do is stop phasing when you stop seeing scratch marks).

    And what do you do if you are colorblind and dont see scratchmarks anyway?

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901873#Comment_1901873

    i'm sorry you find it like that but that doesn't change the fact that people like to run it as it helps in the match. it isn't broken at all, it's just harder to counter. there are tells for it as well so you can adjust your play style if you pay attention to it.

    What tells? Her shards glowing when your in kissing distance of her, her hair that sometimes maybe changes?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901891#Comment_1901891

    What tells? Her shards glowing when your in kissing distance of her, her hair that sometimes maybe changes?

    your characters breathing is louder even when uninjured. if you look it doesn't say injured sounds only.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1901869#Comment_1901869

    "is the only killer of 22 KILLERS to not give feedback"

    false other killers lack feedback as part of their basekit power and skill ceilings

    stealth killers have undetectable to remove their terror radius (aka lacking part of their feedback survivors get)

    and every killer that's not clown lacks a vaulting sound which gives no feedback to survivors when vaulting the window so the only way they can tell if you vault is by having los

    also nurse can technically blink through walls removing the fundamental part of being able to see the killer for them to attack you so technically nurse is just spirit but slower speed faster power because you can't see her use her power

    Nurse has a sound and visual que for charging a blink

    Wraith has a bell sound or a whoosh

    ghostface doesn’t but he at least has footsteps and you can still see him

‹ 1 2 3