Why is hag so hated by the survivors?

When I purchased hag with iri shards I was a bit sceptical. The only killers I could buy were clown, blight, hag and twins. I didn't want the twins cuz I found her play style to be boring, and clown was pretty weak. So I was between blight and hag. I had ruin on hag already, so I was leaning towards blight perkwise. But because of my pc fps drops, I decided to go with hag. And oh my, I don't regret a thing.

I've been playing hag for a month, and she's just so fun to play as. Her traps are so strong when placed correctly and you get rewarded for predicting the survivors. Unlike trapper she can use her traps on almost every loop and be effective, whilst having incredible map pressure, even tho she's a 110% ms killer. Unlike spirit she actually has obvious weaknesses and she requires a lot of map knowledge to be effective.

I'm basically half way through being a hag main (I've been shittalked for playing hag, so that's a good sign :p ). I just don't get why she's so hated by the community. Playing against a flashlight squad is a nightmare, and whenever you pick someone up you always get trap notifications because the OoO user starts to step on your traps.

If I had to guess it's because hag players usually trap the hooked person, that's true I also do that. But again, I think she's pretty counterable if you find a flashlight or have kindred/OoO.

So, why is she so hated? And as a bonus question, any tips when playing as hag? Could use some. Let me know below.

Comments

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895598#Comment_1895598

    'Survivors like to play ONE way, and if they can't, the killer is "unfun", "boring"'

    Have you, or anyone else who thinks this, EVER considered the fact that the survivors are perfectly justified in calling the killer boring because the one way in which the majority of players have fun and interact with the game is not viable at all against these killers?

    "Survivors can't loop da killur so they think da killur boring!!!!111" like no ######### they think they're boring, almost nobody wants to play hide and seek and hold M1 on gens all day.

    So playing the exact same way against every killer is fun and engaging? Ok.

    Seems more likely people are lazy and don't want to learn...

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1897357#Comment_1897357

    I like a challenge that's fun and engages me in different ways, like going up against a good Blight or Huntress. Very hard to play against but also very rewarding. I don't like a challenge that literally involves me not doing the one thing that's actually fun to do in this game as a survivor, and instead wants me to AFK on gens and crouch around the map. There is a very noticeable difference between a good challenge and a bad one.

    I get where you're coming from but that's someone's choice to play like that against hag, I've found I'm more successful when I play very aggressively against hag. Plus that's more fun, she's a 110% killer so pulling her into a chase where she doesn't have time to reset the nest of traps I just set off means I can take her attention and aid my team mates who at least one of them are doing gens.

    It's a choice to play a certain way against a killer, it's also a choice what kind of challenge you want it to be!

  • @XombieRocker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1897337#Comment_1897337

    So playing the exact same way against every killer is fun and engaging? Ok.

    Seems more likely people are lazy and don't want to learn...

    Idk about you but I don't play the "exact same way" against Huntress, Demo, Billy, Leatherface, Blight or Oni. You have to take each of these killers differently in a chase and have to learn what they do to counter them. And these are killers that are generally liked a lot by the community. AND they're good.

    Survivors aren't lazy, it's boring to play against a Hag because not only is there none of the excitement you get like you do with the killers I mentioned, there is literally nothing to learn about her either. Do gens and then pray you don't step in a trap if she comes near you to chase you off a gen. If you do you're getting downed and camped hardcore until death hook. There's nothing fun or engaging about playing against Hag, the best way to play her is to literally NOT engage with survivors.

  • @XombieRocker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1897337#Comment_1897337

    So playing the exact same way against every killer is fun and engaging? Ok.

    Seems more likely people are lazy and don't want to learn...

    Do you really not think a killer can just have an unfun power to face?

  • I don't hate Hag, I hate how dumb the randoms are when I play against her.

  • because there is not that much you can do against a good hag that is guarding a 3 gen, if she gets a hook near bassement is already GG if she doesnt mess up, there is no much chase interaction since she is gonna play around an especific zone she trapped and then youll be down since u are in that trapped area, you wont react if she is fast enough especaily when using stbfl

  • @vacaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895493#Comment_1895493

    I can understand hag taking chases away from survivors but i've never understood how this applies to deathslinger. Yes, dodging his spear might be a 50/50 but once you are injured even if you are speared you can play around predropping pallets so he can't finish you off even if he catches you.

    my only issue with deathslinger is that their never seems to be any time between chase & ADS shooting. Where when you play Huntress she has a wind up time before she can launch off a hatchet.

  • Every Killer that can't be looped 5 gens is hated by Survivors.

  • I am surprised that @SpaceCoconut hasn't weighed in on this discussion. When I think of Hag mains, he's the first one to come to mind.

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1897465#Comment_1897465

    Do you really not think a killer can just have an unfun power to face?

    Nope, didn't say that.🙄

    It's just the bar for what is "unfun" is incredibly low. If a killer has any ability to counter the "run around a pallet and a rock 3 times then run to the next one" survivors cry "BORING". Hag has counters. She can be run for a long time if you go from structure to structure instead of hanging around one and looping it forever, but survivors don't often want to do that. Hence, "unfun".

  • @Chicagopimp2019 said:

    I am surprised that @SpaceCoconut hasn't weighed in on this discussion. When I think of Hag mains, he's the first one to come to mind.

    Check his profile and you will understand.

  • And I believe is permanent.

  • Because like freddy, she stomps solo q players but gets stomped by swf.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Same reason people hate Deathslinger:

    Hag's a killer who takes away control of chases etc from the survivors, and generally meddles with the 'engage the killer in a chase and keep them busy while gens get done' tactic you see all too commonly.

    Hag is my least favorite killer to face, and this is not at all the reason why.

    There is nothing skillfull or interactive about facing a killer who spends 30 seconds within 16m of you after you've been hooked placing 5 traps--3 of which are within 6m of the hook. My teammates are then forced to either spend the next 30 seconds crouching towards me, or just YOLO the unhook and snowball the entire game because of a single hook.

    Like Freddy, she is a killer who compounds the issues of matchmaking and magnifies the glaring skill gap between players that somehow share the same rank.

    But even if matchmaking was perfect, she would still be boring to play against, because her winning move is to proxy camp and tunnel.

  • @Pirscher said:

    if you trigger her trap and she teleports and gets you, then its camping and thats not fun..

    Trap teleporting = camping

    LOL

    that is literally her power though, that's not camping. camping is something very different

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1897461#Comment_1897461

    I get where you're coming from but that's someone's choice to play like that against hag, I've found I'm more successful when I play very aggressively against hag. Plus that's more fun, she's a 110% killer so pulling her into a chase where she doesn't have time to reset the nest of traps I just set off means I can take her attention and aid my team mates who at least one of them are doing gens.

    It's a choice to play a certain way against a killer, it's also a choice what kind of challenge you want it to be!

    The thing is, a good Hag won't commit to that chase because she know she'll lose if she does, so playing aggressively doesn't really work. And if you set off a trap you should be dead unless the Hag makes a big mistake. It can be fun in a SWF sure. Running into the basement and dying going for dumb altruistic plays can be pretty funny (it's even better against Trapper) but if I don't want to basically throw the match, there really isn't any benefit to running into traps and going down in 15 seconds.

1 2 ›