Making us all 20’s

Why? Why? Why do we ALL need to be reset to 20’s? I am a 7-9 I have worked hard I just played killer 1’s who killed all survivor’s in under 1:00 mins. I was playing with a 5-8-9-15 they killed us. Before that we were a 8-9-15-20 and the poor 20 girl was brand new we had a 1 killer. I have so many friends who are quitting the game. I don’t know what these people are thinking resetting us all to 20’s I think the game is done people won’t stay

Comments

  • Since it’s no longer tied to matchmaking, it’s now become a monthly challenge. One with a big payout.

    It would quite honestly be unfair to let people start each month at different ranks - some being closer to the grand prize than others.

  • @dlaneyphotos said:

    Why? Why? Why do we ALL need to be reset to 20’s? I am a 7-9 I have worked hard I just played killer 1’s who killed all survivor’s in under 1:00 mins. I was playing with a 5-8-9-15 they killed us. Before that we were a 8-9-15-20 and the poor 20 girl was brand new we had a 1 killer. I have so many friends who are quitting the game. I don’t know what these people are thinking resetting us all to 20’s I think the game is done people won’t stay

    Ranks will become useless before they do this because they are adding an MMR system where you'll be matched with players with similar MMR to you. Ranks will only just give rewards on resets.

  • @yobuddd said:

    Since it’s no longer tied to matchmaking, it’s now become a monthly challenge. One with a big payout.

    It would quite honestly be unfair to let people start each month at different ranks - some being closer to the grand prize than others.

    "Big payout"? What's that supposed to mean?

  • U get blood points depending on what rank you get to. Rank 1 gets 250k blood points. If you manage to get rank 1 in both survivor and killer you'll get 500k points.

  • @Terro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870540#Comment_1870540

    U get blood points depending on what rank you get to. Rank 1 gets 250k blood points. If you manage to get rank 1 in both survivor and killer you'll get 500k points.

    Yeah, like anyone has the time to get both sides from 20 to 1 in a month.

  • a 1 time reward of 250k per month is pretty meh when you think about what it takes to get from 20 to 1. It takes 85 pips to hit rank 1. That's 43 MERCILESS matches.

    image.png


    A better reward would be an increasing BP multiplier awarded after each match.

    13-16 = 25%

    9-12 = 50%

    5-8 = 75%

    2-4 = 90%

    Rank 1 = 100%

    I understand 'something is better than nothing'.. but if you're going to do something, understand the requirements to reach said reward and then ask "does that seem adequate for the amount of time and effort it took to earn this?" Doesn't seem like that discussion took place

  • @dlaneyphotos said:

    Why? Why? Why do we ALL need to be reset to 20’s? I am a 7-9 I have worked hard I just played killer 1’s who killed all survivor’s in under 1:00 mins. I was playing with a 5-8-9-15 they killed us. Before that we were a 8-9-15-20 and the poor 20 girl was brand new we had a 1 killer. I have so many friends who are quitting the game. I don’t know what these people are thinking resetting us all to 20’s I think the game is done people won’t stay

    Did you not read everything leading up to that part? Rank will no longer be tied to matchmaking. At all.

  • @Terro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870540#Comment_1870540

    U get blood points depending on what rank you get to. Rank 1 gets 250k blood points. If you manage to get rank 1 in both survivor and killer you'll get 500k points.

    To add on to this they said rank will NOT be spread across killers and killers will have their own ranks differed from other killers

  • @yobuddd said:

    Since it’s no longer tied to matchmaking, it’s now become a monthly challenge. One with a big payout.

    It would quite honestly be unfair to let people start each month at different ranks - some being closer to the grand prize than others.

    "Big payout" *is actually 200,000 bloodpoints*

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870544#Comment_1870544

    To add on to this they said rank will NOT be spread across killers and killers will have their own ranks differed from other killers

    where did they say that?

  • 200k is not a big payout at all, i don't get why devs are so greedy with bloodpoints which don't steal them any income.

    They gave us free iri shards and even skins that cost them work and steal them from future incomes but they are so reluctant to give us a nice amount of bloodpoints that wouldn't make them loose 1 single dollar.

    It's 2021 the bloodpoint cap is something coming from old ages of dbd where it took a long time to reach the cap. Even if they gave us 1 million bloodpoints for each rank reset it wouldn't hurt them in the slightest way and it would make their customers happy.

  • Dev stream... Every Killer will have a Unique Rank. And different SBMM. Unless I heard incorrectly. But that means with every killer at rank 1 you could potentially gain more than 1Mil Bloodpoints. But correct me if I'm wrong.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870994#Comment_1870994

    Dev stream... Every Killer will have a Unique Rank. And different SBMM. Unless I heard incorrectly. But that means with every killer at rank 1 you could potentially gain more than 1Mil Bloodpoints. But correct me if I'm wrong.

    That was only regarding the new hidden MMR rank.

    the old rank that is now always set to 20 will be universal for all killers.

  • @Hopesfall said:

    a 1 time reward of 250k per month is pretty meh when you think about what it takes to get from 20 to 1. It takes 85 pips to hit rank 1. That's 43 MERCILESS matches.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/U1NRAJIXHT5P/image.png

    A better reward would be an increasing BP multiplier awarded after each match.

    13-16 = 25%

    9-12 = 50%

    5-8 = 75%

    2-4 = 90%

    Rank 1 = 100%

    I understand 'something is better than nothing'.. but if you're going to do something, understand the requirements to reach said reward and then ask "does that seem adequate for the amount of time and effort it took to earn this?" Doesn't seem like that discussion took place

    But restarting at Rank 20 would make getting Merciless (aka getting Adepts) quicker.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1871013#Comment_1871013

    That was only regarding the new hidden MMR rank.

    the old rank that is now always set to 20 will be universal for all killers.

    Ah dang. Wish they kept individual ranks for all killers to see how good I am on each one. That sucks lol

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1871016#Comment_1871016

    Ah dang. Wish they kept individual ranks for all killers to see how good I am on each one. That sucks lol

    That makes no sense. Individual ranks would not show you how good you are, you would need to see the MMR.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870622#Comment_1870622

    But restarting at Rank 20 would make getting Merciless (aka getting Adepts) quicker.

    You'll be matched with other players according to your past success (or failure) with each respective killer. So, killers you are bad with, or haven't played much will be paired with similarly skilled survivors. So, it should be a lot easier to get adept trophies in the future.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1871021#Comment_1871021

    That makes no sense. Individual ranks would not show you how good you are, you would need to see the MMR.

    No but it'd show how much you've been playing them. Would be interesting in those cases where you wonder if the killer is just boosted or doing a daily

  • @Hopesfall said:

    a 1 time reward of 250k per month is pretty meh when you think about what it takes to get from 20 to 1. It takes 85 pips to hit rank 1. That's 43 MERCILESS matches.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/U1NRAJIXHT5P/image.png

    A better reward would be an increasing BP multiplier awarded after each match.

    13-16 = 25%

    9-12 = 50%

    5-8 = 75%

    2-4 = 90%

    Rank 1 = 100%

    I understand 'something is better than nothing'.. but if you're going to do something, understand the requirements to reach said reward and then ask "does that seem adequate for the amount of time and effort it took to earn this?" Doesn't seem like that discussion took place

    What is so wrong about getting a nice boost each month? Like everyone is complaining about "more BP events" "one bloodhunt weekend every month" and so on. Now we get something which can be compared to a monthly bloodhunt and it again is like "moooooore"

  • Being rank 20 again.......that will be a trip down memory lane.

  • Rank means nothing

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870622#Comment_1870622

    What is so wrong about getting a nice boost each month? Like everyone is complaining about "more BP events" "one bloodhunt weekend every month" and so on. Now we get something which can be compared to a monthly bloodhunt and it again is like "moooooore"

    This^. You can Earn BP on both sides which by the way ranking up does not take long considering you can earn 2 pips each match and only lose 1. On top of that each killer and survivor has there own rank so for instance since I ain't used my Hag in forever but she is actually one of my mains (been leveling others) she would/should get matched against lower/easier opponents. So I could save her for when I reach purple ranks and take her to Rank 1 for instance with the easier opponents. Working the system per say.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870622#Comment_1870622

    What is so wrong about getting a nice boost each month? Like everyone is complaining about "more BP events" "one bloodhunt weekend every month" and so on. Now we get something which can be compared to a monthly bloodhunt and it again is like "moooooore"

    Because people are greedy and want more.

  • the problem with this system is that the matches will remain just as challenging at rank reset for you as they are now. There won't be the usual reshuffling the best players back into the higher ranks. I tend to get into red ranks a week or 2 after rank reset as survivor but once this MMR system is in place I'll be surprised if I get into green ranks each month

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    Rank means nothing

    Means bp now.

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1871017#Comment_1871017

    You'll be matched with other players according to your past success (or failure) with each respective killer. So, killers you are bad with, or haven't played much will be paired with similarly skilled survivors. So, it should be a lot easier to get adept trophies in the future.

    I mean, nobody should expect to get Adepts with Killers they are bad with. But the biggest issue currently is that it gets artificially harder to get Adept, the higher you are ranked. In Red Ranks it would be 4 Iridescent.

    In brown Ranks, only 2 Iridescent and 2 Gold. It is still not easy at all, but certainly easier.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1871156#Comment_1871156

    I mean, nobody should expect to get Adepts with Killers they are bad with. But the biggest issue currently is that it gets artificially harder to get Adept, the higher you are ranked. In Red Ranks it would be 4 Iridescent.

    In brown Ranks, only 2 Iridescent and 2 Gold. It is still not easy at all, but certainly easier.

    Yes, but with upcoming changes you would get a new chance to get easier adepts every month. Previously you either needed to hard depip as you got downranked 4 ranks max or you needed to stop playing that role for like 3 months. Now you get the easiest double pip conditions every month and new killers will have no MMR ranking, meaning you won't start against your typical opponents.

  • @dlaneyphotos said:

    Why? Why? Why do we ALL need to be reset to 20’s? I am a 7-9 I have worked hard I just played killer 1’s who killed all survivor’s in under 1:00 mins. I was playing with a 5-8-9-15 they killed us. Before that we were a 8-9-15-20 and the poor 20 girl was brand new we had a 1 killer. I have so many friends who are quitting the game. I don’t know what these people are thinking resetting us all to 20’s I think the game is done people won’t stay

    If it makes you feel better it used to be like this without a reward at least now you will be getting something

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1871420#Comment_1871420

    Yes, but with upcoming changes you would get a new chance to get easier adepts every month. Previously you either needed to hard depip as you got downranked 4 ranks max or you needed to stop playing that role for like 3 months. Now you get the easiest double pip conditions every month and new killers will have no MMR ranking, meaning you won't start against your typical opponents.

    If I understood the MMR correctly, new Killers would start at around the same rating as every other Killer, but will drop/increase once enough games are played.

    So, you would have to suck a few rounds in a new Killer to try your Adept afterwards.

  • Were (greedy) because every month and a half a few maps get updated 3 to 6 perks get changes and possibly a killer rework

    And in 3 months we get 6 new perks (the chance of a new map) new killer new survivor (another re skin)

    And some game breaking bugs (stuck in the stairs)

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    Being rank 20 again.......that will be a trip down memory lane.

    Yes yes it will be can't wait to see dweet in a locker again

  • @dlaneyphotos said:

    Why? Why? Why do we ALL need to be reset to 20’s? I am a 7-9 I have worked hard I just played killer 1’s who killed all survivor’s in under 1:00 mins. I was playing with a 5-8-9-15 they killed us. Before that we were a 8-9-15-20 and the poor 20 girl was brand new we had a 1 killer. I have so many friends who are quitting the game. I don’t know what these people are thinking resetting us all to 20’s I think the game is done people won’t stay

    I brought this up a few days ago (and for some reason, my post got moved to the Feedback area so of course, never really got seen) - I am very concerned about this coming change and what it will mean in terms of even more toxic gameplay happening in-game.

    Right now, we've all come to expect more toxicity the week before and the week after reset, as people 1) try and go up into the next rank color before reset and/or 2) regain their lost rank right after reset. And the we had at least something of a break (of course, there are some players who are always toxic, so it's never been a case of "Yay, no more toxicity!" but at least it wasn't every single match with sweaty Killer and survivors).

    This new change, I fear, is going to lead to more players engaging in toxic gameplay all month, as they try and rank up.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1871598#Comment_1871598

    If I understood the MMR correctly, new Killers would start at around the same rating as every other Killer, but will drop/increase once enough games are played.

    So, you would have to suck a few rounds in a new Killer to try your Adept afterwards.

    when playing a new killer I would expect you suck anyway in the first few matches. in any case, adepts will become much easier

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870622#Comment_1870622

    But restarting at Rank 20 would make getting Merciless (aka getting Adepts) quicker.

    no it doesn't, if you're rank 1 before the reset, you're still facing red ranks when you're back to rank 20

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870622#Comment_1870622

    What is so wrong about getting a nice boost each month? Like everyone is complaining about "more BP events" "one bloodhunt weekend every month" and so on. Now we get something which can be compared to a monthly bloodhunt and it again is like "moooooore"

    literally explained it at the bottom of my post

    "I understand 'something is better than nothing'.. but if you're going to do something, understand the requirements to reach said reward and then ask "does that seem adequate for the amount of time and effort it took to earn this?" Doesn't seem like that discussion took place"

    the amount of time it will take to go from 20-1 is out of proportion to the rewards.. it's like working 40hrs a week to get $10

  • @Terro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870540#Comment_1870540

    U get blood points depending on what rank you get to. Rank 1 gets 250k blood points. If you manage to get rank 1 in both survivor and killer you'll get 500k points.

    LMAO 250k bloodpoints? That's the "big payout"?. No iridescent shards, special cosmetics, auric cells. Nothing but bloodpoints.

    I'm sorry to say this, but that's not really a big payout my friend. That's bhvr being greedy as always lol.

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1871017#Comment_1871017

    no it doesn't, if you're rank 1 before the reset, you're still facing red ranks when you're back to rank 20

    I meant getting the 1 Pip instead of 2 which means you could basically get Merciless by default **shrugs**

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1871017#Comment_1871017

    no it doesn't, if you're rank 1 before the reset, you're still facing red ranks when you're back to rank 20

    If you remain using the same character this is correct. Assuming you continue winning and don't lose to the red ranks with that specific character. When the original MMR came out it was a mess for most including me it thought My huntress should be used in DBD tournaments (she shouldn't) but I did get the benefit to see it work perfectly on my plague. My first game was all greys which even tho I was new to her went ask expected, next game 2 greys and whatever weird color is between grey and green (maybe yellowish), then had to greens, yellow, and grey, so on and so forth until getting domolished by a complete team of red ranks. It then dropped me back to purple and I bounced back and forth.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1870544#Comment_1870544

    To add on to this they said rank will NOT be spread across killers and killers will have their own ranks differed from other killers

    Misinformation. That is not what they said. Like... at all.

    Your rank (which is meaningless anyways, just more so now) will be the same. Your MMR across killers will be different. So you can be rank 1 with higher MMR on one killer, choose another kill you don't play (or play well) and be rank 1 fighting lower skilled survivors.

    But your rank never changes by killer. Just MMR. (internal)

  • @Hopesfall said:

    a 1 time reward of 250k per month is pretty meh when you think about what it takes to get from 20 to 1. It takes 85 pips to hit rank 1. That's 43 MERCILESS matches.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/U1NRAJIXHT5P/image.png

    A better reward would be an increasing BP multiplier awarded after each match.

    13-16 = 25%

    9-12 = 50%

    5-8 = 75%

    2-4 = 90%

    Rank 1 = 100%

    I understand 'something is better than nothing'.. but if you're going to do something, understand the requirements to reach said reward and then ask "does that seem adequate for the amount of time and effort it took to earn this?" Doesn't seem like that discussion took place

    Let's build on this and take a look at hours required to get that whopping 250k

    43 merciless matches: I would say an average amount of time needed to achieve merciless is around 15 minutes.. you generally need at least 9 hooks and no escapes.. you aren't going to get that in less than 10 mins unless the other team isn't even trying.

    43 * 15mins = ~ 11 hours.

    Now realize those 11 hours are best case scenario.. which means ZERO Brutal, Ruthless, or Entity Displeased matches.

    Then you factor in lobby wait time and loading.

    Does 250k really seem reasonable for the amount of time expected to achieve said goal?

    If you're gonna do this, do it.. Max Rank should = Max BP limit (1 million)

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1871171#Comment_1871171

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1871392#Comment_1871392

    literally explained it at the bottom of my post

    "I understand 'something is better than nothing'.. but if you're going to do something, understand the requirements to reach said reward and then ask "does that seem adequate for the amount of time and effort it took to earn this?" Doesn't seem like that discussion took place"

    the amount of time it will take to go from 20-1 is out of proportion to the rewards.. it's like working 40hrs a week to get $10

    and you got my point of "everyone asking for a bloodhunt per month" and now get something similar and still complain? It doesn't really matter how long you play to reach it. You play the game for the sake of playing the game, not to get the BP awards. This is a freakin bonus

    You said like 40 games, make it 60 and you are at 2 games a day, which is about 30 minutes. 1h if you play both roles. 60 survivor games is maybe 1.2m BP so you get a 20% boost. But yeah, totally noone plays that much. I understand now why everyone complains about rift grind, because everyone expects everything for zero effort...

  • Everyone rank resetting seems like a cover patch for the MMR system. A lot of complaints about rainbow matchmaking will be rendered mute and it will be harder to establish whether MMR is functioning properly on the players end.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    Everyone rank resetting seems like a cover patch for the MMR system. A lot of complaints about rainbow matchmaking will be rendered mute and it will be harder to establish whether MMR is functioning properly on the players end.

    Yes I thought about this. I think this makes perfect sense. The first mmr came and right out the gate was 1 vs 20 so we knew it wasn't working. This time that won't happen so less flack because everyone will be reset. Not going to lie I think it's a great idea I'm a big fan of the idea of MMR also we all play anyway so any extra BP is more than we get now. Also rank 1's will be true rank 1's now. You gotta earn it now every month.

  • So are they going to base this off of how many wins and loses you have? That doesn’t mean anything in my opinion. I think this will turn onto a disaster like last time when they changed match making. Don’t know why y’all are so excited for barely any bp.

  • @dlaneyphotos said:

    Why? Why? Why do we ALL need to be reset to 20’s? I am a 7-9 I have worked hard I just played killer 1’s who killed all survivor’s in under 1:00 mins. I was playing with a 5-8-9-15 they killed us. Before that we were a 8-9-15-20 and the poor 20 girl was brand new we had a 1 killer. I have so many friends who are quitting the game. I don’t know what these people are thinking resetting us all to 20’s I think the game is done people won’t stay

    if you're that gud then you should be back to 8 or 7 in 3 or 4 long enough nights, nbd. Certainly by the end of the first week. But I just remembered to edit in that I don't know how long current queue lengths are when I said that. lmao, I was thinking less than a minute for queue and averaging in ten seconds to roughly half a minute. If the queues are pushing ten minutes or longer, then yeah, probably not much reasont o play considering you'll randomly get throws iny our games after sitting so long justt o have it happen.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    should have been 15 instead. 20-15 is for absolute beginners. and i know ranks wont have to do with matchmaking but emblems are still the same. we shouldn't have to go through all of that again, not many people have much time to allocate for deadlight. especially if they want to get rank 1 on each side for the potential 500k bp.

    There is no need to be rank 1 on both sides, unless you suffer from FOMO.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1873163#Comment_1873163

    There is no need to be rank 1 on both sides, unless you suffer from FOMO.

    A lot of folks seem to or mobile and the spread of some of their infectious symptoms to console and pc games in recent years wouldn't be a thing.

‹ 1 2