“To make sure Tea-bagging still feels satisfying to our players”

This was said towards the very end of the newly released dev files by Guillaume, a game developer...

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Well, that just means they added a new transition animation from standing to crouching. Also, teabagging can just be a friendly way to thank another survivor for something.

  • @boostedsurvivormain said:

    Well, that just means they added a new transition animation from standing to crouching. Also, teabagging can just be a friendly way to thank another survivor for something.

    Let's be real though, it's usually used as a taunt and we all know that.

  • Could have easily coded in an animation for a thumbs up, seems like the universal thanks for around the world.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860430#Comment_1860430

    Let's be real though, it's usually used as a taunt and we all know that.

    I definitely get what you mean but, the quote that OP used was because they added a new transition animation

  • It's a joke that was taken out of context.

  • @Antrapace said:

    Could have easily coded in an animation for a thumbs up, seems like the universal thanks for around the world.

    Then people would thumbs-up at the Killer and they would come to the forum to call people toxic and tell us how unsuferable Killer is because they got thumbs-upped at the Exit Gate by the Squadette™, odds are if you get riled up by a crouching Survivor you are going to get angry about a thumbs up Survivor too. I mean, people got worked up badly when the crouching pointing bug was around so Im sure any other gesture will rile up people the same way.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860430#Comment_1860430

    Let's be real though, it's usually used as a taunt and we all know that.

    I only use it to greet my teammates.

  • That would be why I said usually.

  • @Antrapace said:

    This was said towards the very end of the newly released dev files by Guillaume, a game developer...

    The guy literally just makes animations that have 0 effect on the game. He was assigned the task of making the crouching animation look better and he did. Geezus people .

  • @Antrapace said:

    This was said towards the very end of the newly released dev files by Guillaume, a game developer...

    There was also a change in the past that made it impossible to hit survivors on the hook (it would look like you would hit an object) but they reverted/fixed that

  • it was just a joke

  • @Antrapace said:

    This was said towards the very end of the newly released dev files by Guillaume, a game developer...

    Clearly you do not get the rather obvious joke.

    Occam's razor, man. There's no hidden malice here.

  • @Yatol said:

    it was just a joke

    then he has poor delivery.. it sounded like he was quite sincere about wanting it to be fun to tbag

  • I really have no problem of teabagging being a thing, but a dev just saying that is basically raising a flag saying that is not only ok to taunt other people in a toxic way but is also encouraged.

  • Wow did they really? Shameful.

    @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    I really have no problem of teabagging being a thing, but a dev just saying that is basically raising a flag saying that is not only ok to taunt other people in a toxic way but is also encouraged.

    Essentially as they said.

    This is a new low for them.

  • I can't believe people are going to this extreme lengths to find things to criticise about this midchapter. OH NO survivors can press a crouch button still and do an animation which upsets me! games unplayable.

  • He's gonna get facecamped isn't he?

  • 2021 and people still get mad about teabagging, such fragile egos...

  • it was a joke my guy

  • Cue the outrage!

    This is gonna sound pretty wild but did you know in Apex Legends the devs hired actors to voice taunts you can use whenever you want in the game?! You can even equip a taunt to play when you kill someone else!!

    Did you know in Clash Royale the devs created emotes of characters crying or raging or laughing?!

    Taunting is a part of almost every online multi-player game ever made. Can't handle it? Play Solitaire. Though that smug look on the Jack of Spades' face might send you right over the edge

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Cue the outrage!

    This is gonna sound pretty wild but did you know in Apex Legends the devs hired actors to voice taunts you can use whenever you want in the game?! You can even equip a taunt to play when you kill someone else!!

    Did you know in Clash Royale the devs created emotes of characters crying or raging or laughing?!

    Taunting is a part of almost every online multi-player game ever made. Can't handle it? Play Solitaire. Though that smug look on the Jack of Spades' face might send you right over the edge

    Taunting isn’t a mechanic built into DBD, survivors are the only ones able to taunt by manipulating the mechanics. Killers have no option.

    I couldn’t care less, I play both sides, I just made a post quoting one of the devs!

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Cue the outrage!

    This is gonna sound pretty wild but did you know in Apex Legends the devs hired actors to voice taunts you can use whenever you want in the game?! You can even equip a taunt to play when you kill someone else!!

    Did you know in Clash Royale the devs created emotes of characters crying or raging or laughing?!

    Taunting is a part of almost every online multi-player game ever made. Can't handle it? Play Solitaire. Though that smug look on the Jack of Spades' face might send you right over the edge

    Screaming at the Jack of Spades thingy holy ######### LMAO

  • I hope they haven't reverted the t-bag buff that super sped up crouching, whatever your stance on the ability to use it for BM you have to admit it was ######### hilarious to see survivors wagging their butts at Mach 3

  • @Antrapace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861090#Comment_1861090

    Taunting isn’t a mechanic built into DBD, survivors are the only ones able to taunt by manipulating the mechanics. Killers have no option.

    I couldn’t care less, I play both sides, I just made a post quoting one of the devs!

    survivors are the only ones able to taunt by manipulating the mechanics. Killers have no option.

    Wat?

    Killers can hit you on the hook,shake their heads etc.

    Is that also manipulating game mechanics?

    And why do killers have no options?

    Just don't care about it/ignore it

  • @Antrapace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861090#Comment_1861090

    Taunting isn’t a mechanic built into DBD, survivors are the only ones able to taunt by manipulating the mechanics. Killers have no option.

    I couldn’t care less, I play both sides, I just made a post quoting one of the devs!

    If killers have no option then what's hitting on hook, nodding or shaking your head, or standing over a survivor as they bleed out?

    @TotemsCleanser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861090#Comment_1861090

    Screaming at the Jack of Spades thingy holy ######### LMAO

    Hahah thanks sometimes I'm funny

  • "Toxicity is encouraged" confirmed.

  • @Antrapace said:

    Could have easily coded in an animation for a thumbs up, seems like the universal thanks for around the world.

    Naw man. Moving a finger from resting position to upwards? Too hard to implement. /s

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860430#Comment_1860430

    Let's be real though, it's usually used as a taunt and we all know that.

    Apparently not all of us know that, because countless people have told me "Tbagging is toxic? Whatever do you mean? I use it as a friendly gesture!" They know exactly what they're doing and they try to play innocent. It's pretty disgusting.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217987/to-make-sure-tea-bagging-still-feels-satisfying-to-our-players

    The guy literally just makes animations that have 0 effect on the game. He was assigned the task of making the crouching animation look better and he did. Geezus people .

    But it's the way he treated the concept of tbagging. "It's an everyday occurrence! No problem! In fact, if you're not doing it to other players, you should be!" And if that's the video that got released, the rest of the devs saw nothing wrong with it either. Very troubling times we're in.

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    I really have no problem of teabagging being a thing, but a dev just saying that is basically raising a flag saying that is not only ok to taunt other people in a toxic way but is also encouraged.

    Exactly.

  • @Withered8 said:

    I can't believe people are going to this extreme lengths to find things to criticise about this midchapter. OH NO survivors can press a crouch button still and do an animation which upsets me! games unplayable.

    Not what we said.

  • I would love to see one or two of the devs respond in this post, would really help for clarification purposes.

  • @DBD78 said:

    He's gonna get facecamped isn't he?

    And then a patch is gonna come out later: "The hook timer is paused while the killer is face camping."

  • @FreakPrince said:

    2021 and people still get mad about teabagging, such fragile egos...

    It has nothing to do with egos. It has to do with not wanting someone to be a piece of ######### to us for no good reason.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Cue the outrage!

    This is gonna sound pretty wild but did you know in Apex Legends the devs hired actors to voice taunts you can use whenever you want in the game?! You can even equip a taunt to play when you kill someone else!!

    Did you know in Clash Royale the devs created emotes of characters crying or raging or laughing?!

    Taunting is a part of almost every online multi-player game ever made. Can't handle it? Play Solitaire. Though that smug look on the Jack of Spades' face might send you right over the edge

    Y'all are so petty, I swear. All y'all do is make toxicity out to be a non-issue and say "Just don't get offended so easily". The first time or two someone is a jerk to us in this game, they get a pass because they're just a random jerk. When it's a daily occurrence, something is wrong. I'd say that evil is literally thriving if that it the case, and it is. People behaving like that is not acceptable, and while we can't stop them from doing it, we can't just pretend that it is normal. What you're telling the victims is "you're the problem". You just don't do that to someone.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861033#Comment_1861033

    It has nothing to do with egos. It has to do with not wanting someone to be a piece of ######### to us for no good reason.

    Ur trying to say though that something which has NO impact on the game and ONLY changes the way somethign looks should be removed? Meanwhile there are genuine issues with people affecting gameplay through toxic behaviour such as bleeding people out and forcing people out of games, hiding forever and holding games hostages, but the real issue is someone peforming a crouch animation repeatedly, which does nothing but stir up moody killers?

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861090#Comment_1861090

    Y'all are so petty, I swear. All y'all do is make toxicity out to be a non-issue and say "Just don't get offended so easily". The first time or two someone is a jerk to us in this game, they get a pass because they're just a random jerk. When it's a daily occurrence, something is wrong. I'd say that evil is literally thriving if that it the case, and it is. People behaving like that is not acceptable, and while we can't stop them from doing it, we can't just pretend that it is normal. What you're telling the victims is "you're the problem". You just don't do that to someone.

    Evil lol. Taunting in a video game is now evil, guys. You heard it here first.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861247#Comment_1861247

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861241#Comment_1861241

    Ur trying to say though that something which has NO impact on the game and ONLY changes the way somethign looks should be removed? Meanwhile there are genuine issues with people affecting gameplay through toxic behaviour such as bleeding people out and forcing people out of games, hiding forever and holding games hostages, but the real issue is someone peforming a crouch animation repeatedly, which does nothing but stir up moody killers?

    Like I said, nobody is making the point to remove tbagging. We're just appalled that a developer treats tbagging so casually. I've asked for them to denounce the practice. Instead, they've just encouraged it with that statement. That's the point we're trying to explain.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861266#Comment_1861266

    Like I said, nobody is making the point to remove tbagging. We're just appalled that a developer treats tbagging so casually. I've asked for them to denounce the practice. Instead, they've just encouraged it with that statement. That's the point we're trying to explain.

    A) They never said tbagging the killer was casual, tbagging has far more purposes than just "bming the killer"

    B) What does it matter? I mean seriously if a dev said hitting surivors on hook is casual would you go out and complain about that?

  • It's toxic and can easily be disabled by the devs. Do you think, people would stop playing, because they could not be t-bagging anymore? So what is the reason of keeping it?

  • Not really easy to disable it in this game without ruining more stealth.

    There have been plenty of times myself, and I've seen others do it too, is where a killer is moving around an object and you have to use a combination of walking and crouching to be fast enough but lower than the object in some places to remain stealthy.

    Not to mention I bet more survivors t-bag communicate with each other than killers actually get t-bagged.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861328#Comment_1861328

    Not really easy to disable it in this game without ruining more stealth.

    There have been plenty of times myself, and I've seen others do it too, is where a killer is moving around an object and you have to use a combination of walking and crouching to be fast enough but lower than the object in some places to remain stealthy.

    Not to mention I bet more survivors t-bag communicate with each other than killers actually get t-bagged.

    Disabling it past the door at the exit gate would be a good place to start!

  • @Antrapace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861370#Comment_1861370

    Disabling it past the door at the exit gate would be a good place to start!

    This is honestly ridiculous.

    It has 0 impact on the game or the outcome of it.

    Can't believe people get this mad over t-bagging, we'll have disable it for pig & ghostface too as it's far too toxic to be in game.

  • @Antrapace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861370#Comment_1861370

    Disabling it past the door at the exit gate would be a good place to start!

    Come on,now that would be great waste of resources that could actually be spent on improving the game

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861430#Comment_1861430

    Come on,now that would be great waste of resources that could actually be spent on improving the game

    Well they just spent resources buffing the tea-bagging to improve the game!

  • @Antrapace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861439#Comment_1861439

    Well they just spent resources buffing the tea-bagging to improve the game!

    It's not a buff,they just added an actual animation for switching between standing and crouching

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861447#Comment_1861447

    It's not a buff,they just added an actual animation for switching between standing and crouching

    Yea they also added animations for getting up from dying too, is dying to injured the new t-bagging meta bc they added animations? lol this whole crusade against t-bagging is honestly hilarious.

  • Holy crap, the dramatics in this post are almost great enough to go on broadway or London...someone call Andrew Loyd Webber, I'm sure one of them can spin a 5 verse song about how crouching up and down is devastating to the soul.

    And please, don't give the bull line that only survivors taunt.

    In my years of playing I have regularly been smacked on the hook, face camped while nodding, tea bagged, followed around the map to watch me bleed out, been dropped in front of the hatch and had it slammed in my face , body blocked the entire match, teabagged by Ghostface and YES, even been teabagged myself because I play both sides and fly my flag for neither because the 'feud' going on between both sides is about as childish as it gets these days. And no, I don't use meta perks, I don't BM and I'm about as polite as a 40 year old English woman can manage when running from a maniac, just in case someone tries to use the age old war cry of "You probably did something to deserve it"

    Someone made a joke and now people are frothing and declaring EVIL (lol seriously?) when the reality is, if you were really concerned about in-game toxicity, you would be calling for all forms of it to be removed, otherwise it just seems like people are bored and now LOOKING for things to be outraged about.

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    Holy crap, the dramatics in this post are almost great enough to go on broadway or London...someone call Andrew Loyd Webber, I'm sure one of them can spin a 5 verse song about how crouching up and down is devastating to the soul.

    And please, don't give the bull line that only survivors taunt.

    In my years of playing I have regularly been smacked on the hook, face camped while nodding, tea bagged, followed around the map to watch me bleed out, been dropped in front of the hatch and had it slammed in my face , body blocked the entire match, teabagged by Ghostface and YES, even been teabagged myself because I play both sides and fly my flag for neither because the 'feud' going on between both sides is about as childish as it gets these days. And no, I don't use meta perks, I don't BM and I'm about as polite as a 40 year old English woman can manage when running from a maniac, just in case someone tries to use the age old war cry of "You probably did something to deserve it"

    Someone made a joke and now people are frothing and declaring EVIL (lol seriously?) when the reality is, if you were really concerned about in-game toxicity, you would be calling for all forms of it to be removed, otherwise it just seems like people are bored and now LOOKING for things to be outraged about.

    Wow, I hope getting all that off your chest helped!

    This post was simply just a quotation from the end of the video that some people may have missed. As for it being a joke, it could possibly be, I’m not familiar with French Canadian humor so I’m unsure.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860442#Comment_1860442

    Then people would thumbs-up at the Killer and they would come to the forum to call people toxic and tell us how unsuferable Killer is because they got thumbs-upped at the Exit Gate by the Squadette™, odds are if you get riled up by a crouching Survivor you are going to get angry about a thumbs up Survivor too. I mean, people got worked up badly when the crouching pointing bug was around so Im sure any other gesture will rile up people the same way.

    The thing is that teabagging was invented as a way to insult defeated opponents, Thumbs up were not.

‹ 1 2 3