Survivors Waiting in the Endgame

After years of playing I've switched to Freddy and I've finally hit rank 2, yet I still suck and get beat hard. When that happens I go to the corner of the map and wait for the survivors to just open the gate and leave. But they don't. They follow me to the corner and just stand behind me for five minutes.

If you do this please stop. Just end it. It's already over. Two hooks by the end game with no kills isn't a fun game for me and I'm ready to do something else.

Comments

  • It's even more annoying when they sit at the gates and teabag, point, clicking their flashlights, etc. Like, just move on. I wanna be done because the game sucked and it just makes the experience even worse when you are being a toxic #########.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830101#Comment_1830101

    Well if he doesnt want to improve at the game this post should not exist. He shouldn't complain about being bad. You see his dumb that sounds?

    Pretty sure it already exists it's just absurdly long. I'd say 40 minutes to an hour.

    Getting bullied makes you better, you should not be handed wins.

    Afk does not make you better he should never do this.

    Leave match fine I can accept this because if you arent having fun you should leave.

    So either leave or get better is the only two he should have or any killer should have.

    GETTING BULLIED MAKES YOU BETTER


    I wish more survivors were as blunt with their blatant toxicity because that is EXACTLY what the problem here is.

    You think its OKAY to bully someone because "JuSt GiT gUd"


    I wish more survivors would be more open with this because then maybe the devs would see that THIS is the main problem with their game!

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830119#Comment_1830119

    From my own anecdotal experience I can say that yes its true. Good survivors can maintain shack a shack chase. Also you can still see Freddy's stain in dream world. The problem here is that there is not many good survivors. Pubs is bloated with fake red ranks and anybody can tell you that. I highly doubt you consistently go against some really good survivors on average.

    OK you faced a minority. Tournament teams in pubs are extremely unlikely you just got lucky, should I rather say unlucky because I actually enjoy versing good teams I am guessing you don't. I play all the time late and morning don't seem to bring any sweatier survivors it just depends on whether I am lucky. The last coordinated team I beat was on blood lodge with oni and corrupt 1.

    Run corrupt,pop, bbq. You acknowledged you were being taken away from gens and yet you still did?? You made mistakes in the game and it seems like you won't talk about that. Record your games and see what you are doing wrong. If you notice them on coms you adjust how you play, play more dirty, proxy camp and confirm second state. Freddy counters bt, so you don't have to worry about that. When you say there was nothing you could do, there definitely was. What map were you on?

    I have faced teams like that, except I can put them out quickly because I am confident in my skills and minimize any mistakes I make.

    "Good survivors can maintain shack a shack chase"

    Yes, but they don't even have to maintain it long to gain value. Just long enough to make the pallet on top hurt.

    "Also you can still see Freddy's stain in dream world"

    See this is crucial, because I thought it was blindness the entire time but it was really a form of oblivious.

    "I highly doubt you consistently go against some really good survivors on average."

    I don't know what to tell you. I can't win any games as Ghostface anymore even though I have by far the most hours on him. I went from stomping C-A tier players to getting creamed by well coordinated D tier survivors. Nothing special, just run straight and drop pallet. Against the best it's impossible because they just bodyblock when they realize I've exposed someone. But yes, I have played a very large number of extremely skilled and/or coordinated survivors lately.

    "You acknowledged you were being taken away from gens and yet you still did?? You made mistakes in the game and it seems like you won't talk about that."

    I patrolled gens during the chase. I smacked a few just to get Oppression active, but of course all the entire team had to do was stay on gens to recover after a few seconds. And this is wrong. I was asking what I could do better. I was trying to get to talk about my mistakes so I don't know how you got the false impression I was avoiding it.

    "Freddy counters bt, so you don't have to worry about that."

    ...What on Earth are you talking about? You suggest I proxy camp, which is running a tight patrol, and that's exactly what I did. That's how I ended up eating a BT body block in the first place. Obviously I do have to worry about it and you can't say you would have done differently since you literally suggested I do what got me into trouble.

    "I have faced teams like that, except I can put them out quickly because I am confident in my skills and minimize any mistakes I make."

    If you make no mistakes and the survivors make no mistakes then the survivors will win every time. I'm not talking about taking on B or even A tier players. I don't mind that at all, but when we're talking S tier loop-vault-pallet runs the entire way then yes there's no doubt that at least two to three generators will be lost no matter what. Proxy camping was also bad advice because it gave them LoS the entire time, which means they could callout all of my movements. Looking back on it I shouldn't have done that.


    The map was McMillans Estate. Normally a very basic and easy map, but I've been losing a lot there lately. I used to think of it as my strongest map.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830893#Comment_1830893

    I pointed that out because if he is giving up in game he clearly is not in a rank he is supposed to be in. Learning the weaker killers helps your basic killer skills which is needed for all killers.

    I never said its ok to taunt someone or harass them so don't put words in my mouth lol.

    I'd say that's an opinion but alright.

    If a survivor gave up against a slinger guaranteed they would get crucified and called toxic for not wanting to face a killer "they can't bully". Also despite the fact op gave up in the end which I will say is not that bad, I still think giving up mid game won't help them improve, survivor is also already boring enough with the fact the devs keep designing these new killers horribly, so we have to do gen simulator enough. A killer giving up mid game just discourages playing survivor.

    I was not trying to belittle him, I was being blunt.

    Yes he does need to "git gud" he's struggling with Freddy against pub teams.

    Freddy has an overtuned basekit, only good teams will make him m1. Which btw aren't common in pubs. He has so much going on for him, free map teleport, anti loop, passive slowdown in addons. He is the perfect killer for new players to cheese off of. If that aint a bloated basekit tell me what is.

    "Which btw aren't common in pubs"

    You keep saying this but this is blatantly wrong. You keep disregarding the fact that I'm not playing the same people you are. You literally said that a single juke can ruin any common survivor on shack and that's just not what I'm seeing. You must be playing new people. Every team I go against searches for shack at all costs and they ALL know how to run it. All of them have builds, so none of them are perkless or using tier I or II perks. They're all maxed out. Many of them run items. If there is a flashie, it WILL be suped up with attachments. The advice I'm asking for is not against rookies. I don't know why you keep denying it, but the lowest players I've played today in a few matches were mostly B players or above. Two of them were D tier out of four matches. I don't need help playing with them. It's the S and A tiers and especially the SWFs I need to figure out what to do with.

    And I'm really just asking people not to camp the game and let me go.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831074#Comment_1831074

    There are surely some unwinnable matches. But i hear so many people say it was unwinnable, its not possible. I have over 2000 hours and this matches dont happen often.

    It could be that you had one of this rare unwinnable matches, but it doesnt mean you could play better.

    When i was at 500 hours i knew a lot of the game, but compared to now its a huge difference. There is always something to learn.

    "There is always something to learn."

    I couldn't disagree more. The RNG alone makes certain matches unfavorable. I like the chances but there are some games, against certain survivors in teams, that cannot be won. I remember that McMillan match thinking "okay I know where all the totems are just from instinct, I know where the survivors are most likely at, I know who the altruistic ones are now, I can predict everything about to happen..." and sure enough still end up losing. The biggest mistake I made as a new Freddy was thinking I didn't have a red stain visible, which is huge, but is it enough to swing that entire game? I'm new to Freddy but not to the game. I have 965 hours on my Steam account alone, and the first two years I've played were on PS. I don't know how many more hours that is. Most of them were as killer. This game has nuances but I don't think misjudging my stain was enough to cause the total collapse in the games I've had recently.

    @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831074#Comment_1831074

    I read you first post again. You reached red rank not long ago. I dont want to be rude, but now im certain you didnt reach you skill gap.

    When you really want to get better, you can show me your gameplay and i tell you what your mistakes are.

    I hate to see people give up with the excuse of unwinnable matches. I dont say its easy or it will be easy, but you can still improve.

    "You reached red rank not long ago"

    I've been rank 3 and 4 before often, but I usually get reset out of it. This is my first time getting to rank 2. I used to be a Ghostface main and before that a Legion main. You're lying through your teeth if you're about to tell me those are easy killers to rank with. Sure, I ranked extra fast as Freddy, but the same teams I'm having trouble with are the same ones everyone has trouble with. Don't pretend you've not faced them.

    @Tboneisyourbro said:

    It's even more annoying when they sit at the gates and teabag, point, clicking their flashlights, etc. Like, just move on. I wanna be done because the game sucked and it just makes the experience even worse when you are being a toxic #########.

    @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831243#Comment_1831243

    You get zero Boldness points for teabagging. It is 100% to be toxic.

    YES. Thank you, you two.

    @SquirrelKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830108#Comment_1830108

    GETTING BULLIED MAKES YOU BETTER

    I wish more survivors were as blunt with their blatant toxicity because that is EXACTLY what the problem here is.

    You think its OKAY to bully someone because "JuSt GiT gUd"

    I wish more survivors would be more open with this because then maybe the devs would see that THIS is the main problem with their game!

    Exactly right. I've met a lot of nice people today playing Freddy so I don't mind, but I really like this game and I don't have many games so I really don't like it when people just admit that they're bad and blame people for not wanting to put up with it.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830087#Comment_1830087

    Ah classic whataboutism.

    Also randomly insulting other users for their choice of killer.

    I don't think you understand what "Whataboutism" is.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830087#Comment_1830087

    I see no reason why a Killer whipped as soundly as he was should continue except to stroke Survivor ego some more and pad game scores. He clearly can't get them, and they know it.

    His options here are pretty limited.

    It's called being a good sport.

    Killers get all angry when survivors DC. This is exactly the same thing. You are throwing the game. Nobody likes throwers and actually throwing the game is against the rules and is even reportable. The survivors are being jerks about it but so was the killer. Maybe if you didn't throw the game they wouldn't harass you.

    This isn't about stroking egos that's you projecting your issues on this topic.

    Also a lot of killers do the same thing, they will play IF Nurse and slug you all before a single gen is done and will leave everyone on the ground and let them bleed out while doing head nods over your dying corpses.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830094#Comment_1830094

    It's called being a good sport.

    Killers get all angry when survivors DC. This is exactly the same thing. You are throwing the game. Nobody likes throwers and actually throwing the game is against the rules and is even reportable. The survivors are being jerks about it but so was the killer. Maybe if you didn't throw the game they wouldn't harass you.

    This isn't about stroking egos that's you projecting your issues on this topic.

    Also a lot of killers do the same thing, they will play IF Nurse and slug you all before a single gen is done and will leave everyone on the ground and let them bleed out while doing head nods over your dying corpses.

    They won. There was nothing I could do. I played the whole game and I felt powerless. I'm supposed to pretend I'm having a good time when no sane person would? Games are supposed to be fun. I didn't DC and they got their escape. It was absolutely about ego. They wanted me to stroke their ego. That's the entire reason they sit around at the end of the game, flashie, jump in and out of lockers, T-bag, etc. There's no reason for that and there's no reason you should feel entitled to being humored for being rude.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830094#Comment_1830094

    It's called being a good sport.

    Killers get all angry when survivors DC. This is exactly the same thing. You are throwing the game. Nobody likes throwers and actually throwing the game is against the rules and is even reportable. The survivors are being jerks about it but so was the killer. Maybe if you didn't throw the game they wouldn't harass you.

    This isn't about stroking egos that's you projecting your issues on this topic.

    Also a lot of killers do the same thing, they will play IF Nurse and slug you all before a single gen is done and will leave everyone on the ground and let them bleed out while doing head nods over your dying corpses.

    Your Nurse example has nothing to do with this. This isn't game throwing.


    This is "I've gotten my ass beat soundly and now I just want this to end".


    That isn't even close to the same thing as game throwing.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831594#Comment_1831594

    They won. There was nothing I could do. I played the whole game and I felt powerless. I'm supposed to pretend I'm having a good time when no sane person would? Games are supposed to be fun. I didn't DC and they got their escape. It was absolutely about ego. They wanted me to stroke their ego. That's the entire reason they sit around at the end of the game, flashie, jump in and out of lockers, T-bag, etc. There's no reason for that and there's no reason you should feel entitled to being humored for being rude.

    I have noticed that a bunch people (not all people, but a good number) feel that the person who chooses to play killer owes them something. They owe Bloodpoints, they owe pips, they owe a match that's just enough of a challenge that the 4e feels like a daring feat, they owe being an audience to whatever dumbassery the survivors want to show off at the exit gates. Killer players have no more autonomy than an NPC. You play killer, you sign up to be the night's entertainment.

    But no, entertainers get paid. People who choose killer are just trying to play a game. It's for fun, the most important thing is for it to be fun. I'm sort of stuck at whatever skill level I'm at right now, I doubt I'll improve and that doesn't really bother me. I don't owe it to anyone to get better just so they can enjoy their match more. And if the high rank players want to waste their time gloating that they beat the lowly rank 16 player, well, then that's actually really pathetic. Really.

    This is why I don't go to an open exit gate. This is why I turned off messages. And this is why I regularly take breaks from this game. All killer players should take a break, really; stick to only playing survivor or play a different game entirely. (I choose the latter, because any queue longer than 60 to 120 seconds is too long to me. I'll return to playing DbD when the next Tome is released.)

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830087#Comment_1830087

    Ah classic whataboutism.

    Also randomly insulting other users for their choice of killer.

    He just said to play a worse killer to be forced to learn the fundamentals of the game. Freddy can carry you into red ranks and then you get smacked by people that can play against him. It's honestly good advice.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831204#Comment_1831204

    "There is always something to learn."

    I couldn't disagree more. The RNG alone makes certain matches unfavorable. I like the chances but there are some games, against certain survivors in teams, that cannot be won. I remember that McMillan match thinking "okay I know where all the totems are just from instinct, I know where the survivors are most likely at, I know who the altruistic ones are now, I can predict everything about to happen..." and sure enough still end up losing. The biggest mistake I made as a new Freddy was thinking I didn't have a red stain visible, which is huge, but is it enough to swing that entire game? I'm new to Freddy but not to the game. I have 965 hours on my Steam account alone, and the first two years I've played were on PS. I don't know how many more hours that is. Most of them were as killer. This game has nuances but I don't think misjudging my stain was enough to cause the total collapse in the games I've had recently.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831223#Comment_1831223

    "You reached red rank not long ago"

    I've been rank 3 and 4 before often, but I usually get reset out of it. This is my first time getting to rank 2. I used to be a Ghostface main and before that a Legion main. You're lying through your teeth if you're about to tell me those are easy killers to rank with. Sure, I ranked extra fast as Freddy, but the same teams I'm having trouble with are the same ones everyone has trouble with. Don't pretend you've not faced them.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831424#Comment_1831424

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831279#Comment_1831279

    YES. Thank you, you two.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831502#Comment_1831502

    Exactly right. I've met a lot of nice people today playing Freddy so I don't mind, but I really like this game and I don't have many games so I really don't like it when people just admit that they're bad and blame people for not wanting to put up with it.

    Legion is one of the easiest killer to rank up. (Not winning) Bc you get so many hits.

    I have on ghostface a 20-winstreak without addons in red rank.

    But its not important that some killer have an easier time with emblems. The point why you reached rank 2 with freddy is that freddy is easier to play. I reach red rank with every killer and you play with crossplay, right, so you shouldnt have it harder on pc.

    So you certainly dont play at my level, so you have way to improve. It doesnt even matter that you maybe got a real unwinnable match. A good killer player doesnt struggle to reach rank 1. He gets it without trying. So you clearly are not good enough and can improve.

    What do i need to do, that you will believe me?

  • @MythMage said:

    or the people who sit on the hatch with a key for 9 hours. Just earlier had someone do that. I just hatch, then patrol doors, then I remember they have a key. Halfway through the EGC I check the hatch and sure enough she's just sitting there. Why do people do this? Seriously. Dick move

    I just wanna say goodbye :((

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    After years of playing I've switched to Freddy and I've finally hit rank 2, yet I still suck and get beat hard. When that happens I go to the corner of the map and wait for the survivors to just open the gate and leave. But they don't. They follow me to the corner and just stand behind me for five minutes.

    If you do this please stop. Just end it. It's already over. Two hooks by the end game with no kills isn't a fun game for me and I'm ready to do something else.

    You know you can open the gate yourself right?

    Also, anything can happen during the opening of the gates.

    It can still quickly turn around.

    If had a game where all 4 were still alive on the red forest map when i played wraith.

    Still ended in a 3k

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831066#Comment_1831066

    "Why don't you open the gate"

    I didn't think they were going to hang around for five minutes and I was ashamed to be near them so I didn't even want them to see me again. Even if I did open the gate they would just keep vaulting in front of it.

    "just work on what you can work on"

    Which is what? I have a build, I'm running add ons, I have decent perks, I know how to run all of the tilesets to cut them off but they're all so close they could just lap to the next tileset. Shack is painful and even D tier survivors know how to get some value out of it. S,A,B,and C tier players can easily milk that one tileset. Pallets were the big issue, I may have run some perks to counter it but I doubt it would have mattered since the main survivor that was looping me relied mainly on vaults, which are just unavoidable. BT and DS also slowed me down tremendously. They knew they had BT so they body blocked me from attacking their ally. There is no recourse when that happens. DS was my fault, but I thought if I forced it out early I would have less to deal with later on and if they didn't have it I could prevent a heal. Terrible choice.

    The whole game was an exercise in being forced to make bad choices on a time crunch.

    I understand feeling ashamed. Maybe less because you didn't do well than because they were bullying you and it was four against one, and that kind of dynamic can make people feel ashamed, because they've been rejected by a group. That's a really unpleasant feeling and it's not something someone should have to experience when they're playing a game for fun.

    We keep saying to open the gate because it's the only practical step you could take to protect yourself, by at least putting a time limit on how long the bullies can chase you. In reality, the better solution would obviously be for people to understand that's it's not okay to treat other players this way.

  • Survivors, I promise you can leave without the killer watching you

  • @Heartbound said:

    This is a large part of why I bring Blood Warden. If I'm outclassed I'll single out/injure a survivor and down them when the EGC timer is nearing 30%. The emboldened sweat squad will save their teammate the moment I step away.

    Oh no.

    That never works for me, I most get the biggest brain survivors because they always remember not to open the gate until I hook someone.

  • You deserve this for playing freddy thank god hes being nerfed

  • @TheWisp2006 said:

    You deserve this for playing freddy thank god hes being nerfed

    Keep on nerfing killers... Bubba got an upgrade, but dollars to donuts he'll get nerfed, too.

  • @VikingWilson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1832192#Comment_1832192

    Keep on nerfing killers... Bubba got an upgrade, but dollars to donuts he'll get nerfed, too.

    Probably because he can just sit on a hook or doorway and kill all 4 survivors in 1 swing of his ability without addons or perks

  • @TheWisp2006 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1832198#Comment_1832198

    Probably because he can just sit on a hook or doorway and kill all 4 survivors in 1 swing of his ability without addons or perks

    And if you let that happen than you screwed up as a team.

    Never be with all 4 in a space with 1 exit, if you do than you all deserve to be sacrificed.

    If you want to be in a spot with 1 exit, then make sure it's no mere than 2 people or its gg and over

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830091#Comment_1830091

    He just said to play a worse killer to be forced to learn the fundamentals of the game. Freddy can carry you into red ranks and then you get smacked by people that can play against him. It's honestly good advice.

    "Freddy can carry you into red ranks"

    If I were just learning the game I wouldn't be good at Freddy. The only reason I'm good with him is because I have good game sense now. I know where everyone is at down to close proximities so being able to teleport me puts me where I need to be. With BBQ there's not even guesswork involved. I catch a glimpse and it's an autotrack from there. If I didn't play Ghostface I think I would be a terrible Freddy.

    @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831567#Comment_1831567

    Legion is one of the easiest killer to rank up. (Not winning) Bc you get so many hits.

    I have on ghostface a 20-winstreak without addons in red rank.

    But its not important that some killer have an easier time with emblems. The point why you reached rank 2 with freddy is that freddy is easier to play. I reach red rank with every killer and you play with crossplay, right, so you shouldnt have it harder on pc.

    So you certainly dont play at my level, so you have way to improve. It doesnt even matter that you maybe got a real unwinnable match. A good killer player doesnt struggle to reach rank 1. He gets it without trying. So you clearly are not good enough and can improve.

    What do i need to do, that you will believe me?

    When you say winstreak, what are you counting as a win? Pips or kills? Yes this matters. As Ghostie I pip very often, but rarely feel like I've actually won.

    "So you certainly dont play at my level"

    "What do i need to do, that you will believe me?"

    I'm thinking I'll make a SWF and we play.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/214817/survivors-waiting-in-the-endgame

    You know you can open the gate yourself right?

    Also, anything can happen during the opening of the gates.

    It can still quickly turn around.

    If had a game where all 4 were still alive on the red forest map when i played wraith.

    Still ended in a 3k

    "anything can happen"

    That's just wrong. They made a fool of me when I was going full force for the entire match. They were all healthy by the end game. One of them DS'd me already and I know at least one had BT. That was going to be a losing round no matter what. It was over. The game, looking back on it, was decided by the last generator.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831922#Comment_1831922

    "anything can happen"

    That's just wrong. They made a fool of me when I was going full force for the entire match. They were all healthy by the end game. One of them DS'd me already and I know at least one had BT. That was going to be a losing round no matter what. It was over. The game, looking back on it, was decided by the last generator.

    Always expect everyone to have ds when there is a obsession present.

    About bt.

    You are freddy and can destroy bt.

    Make sure you hit them before they unhook and there will be no bt.

    For bt to work they need to be awake, any survivor with bt who is in the dreamworld has no bt.

    Again If you get annoyed by them for not leaving the match, just open the gates yourself.

    Doesn't say they leave immediately but they will before the timer runs out.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1832339#Comment_1832339

    Always expect everyone to have ds when there is a obsession present.

    About bt.

    You are freddy and can destroy bt.

    Make sure you hit them before they unhook and there will be no bt.

    For bt to work they need to be awake, any survivor with bt who is in the dreamworld has no bt.

    Again If you get annoyed by them for not leaving the match, just open the gates yourself.

    Doesn't say they leave immediately but they will before the timer runs out.

    "Make sure you hit them before they unhook and there will be no bt."

    They healed the rest of the time. Everyone who made an unhook was at full health. The BT didn't even need to body block but they did. This isn't even advice, it's just "be faster". I was already pretty close.

    My new solution is just to play Demogorgon and give the survivors a good time instead of trying to win.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831699#Comment_1831699

    "Freddy can carry you into red ranks"

    If I were just learning the game I wouldn't be good at Freddy. The only reason I'm good with him is because I have good game sense now. I know where everyone is at down to close proximities so being able to teleport me puts me where I need to be. With BBQ there's not even guesswork involved. I catch a glimpse and it's an autotrack from there. If I didn't play Ghostface I think I would be a terrible Freddy.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831835#Comment_1831835

    When you say winstreak, what are you counting as a win? Pips or kills? Yes this matters. As Ghostie I pip very often, but rarely feel like I've actually won.

    "So you certainly dont play at my level"

    "What do i need to do, that you will believe me?"

    I'm thinking I'll make a SWF and we play.

    Winstreak is 4 kills or 3 kills with hatch.

    You with a swf would be a interesting match, but that wouldnt prove any point. I know that survivor are stronger. I as survivor x4 would beat me as a killer and i would say im a better killer then survivor.

    The point is that you can get better. Nothing is proven when you beat me, bc teams in pubs are at average far worse than a tryharding 1000 hour swf. You dont need to be able to beat this teams to reach rank 1.

  • Just force survivors out of the gate, it really isn’t that hard.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1833226#Comment_1833226

    "Make sure you hit them before they unhook and there will be no bt."

    They healed the rest of the time. Everyone who made an unhook was at full health. The BT didn't even need to body block but they did. This isn't even advice, it's just "be faster". I was already pretty close.

    My new solution is just to play Demogorgon and give the survivors a good time instead of trying to win.

    How is it not advice?

    Just because you won't accept it as such doesn't mean it isn't.

    You see a survivor running to a hook for a rescue right?

    Intercept them and hit them before the get the unhook.

    So what if the unhooked person escapes, at least you get a hook trade because the person who did the unhook don't have a change to get away.

    And if they manage to dead hard away when you swing, you will still hit the unhooked person who will get down Immediately because no bt.

    Keep him on the ground but stay on top of him.

    His mates will try to revive and you get to hit them, they run away to heal just as the others you hit.

    By the time they are all healed up you can allready hook the downed survivor as his ds timer has ran out.


    Now if you do or don't see it as advice, that is up to you.

    I just give you examples on what you can do in the current situation.

    You complained about the situation and I gave you a couple of solutions.

    Now if you can't accept that then why make a post about it?

    I'm not trying to be toxic or anything, but that's just how it is.

  • It is what it is and it's not going to change. It's just a good time to go to the bathroom or pour yourself a drink.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    After years of playing I've switched to Freddy and I've finally hit rank 2, yet I still suck and get beat hard. When that happens I go to the corner of the map and wait for the survivors to just open the gate and leave. But they don't. They follow me to the corner and just stand behind me for five minutes.

    If you do this please stop. Just end it. It's already over. Two hooks by the end game with no kills isn't a fun game for me and I'm ready to do something else.

    I had this happen to me the other day.. I was playing the Twins and got stomped on Haddonfield "Yay stairs". The survivors decided to sit at the exit gate and heal up for point. I walked away and grabbed Viktor, downed one and was able to get them hooked.

    tldr; The EGC started, they could have all escaped but because they were bm'ing I ended up getting a 2K. They then came into my stream, claiming I was "camping" and proceeded to harass and bully me. I just laughed it off but its like "You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes".. but you dont get to sit there and cry about it after being caught.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830096#Comment_1830096

    I'll dare...

    Your initial reply adds nothing to the conversation other than to say that the OP was carried by their choice of killer and that they need to LTP by choosing a "weaker" killer to play so they can learn the game.

    It also says its ok to harass and taunt someone if they give up because at that point they deserve it, which basically is bullshit.

    Its not "whataboutism", but it is an arrogantly worthless set of statements

    If the killer gives up then by all means power through the game and leave, you are in no way justified in, or gaining anything by, taunting them for it. Which is what the OP is complaining about.

    Within that scenario its possible to offer advice on how to improve without belittling someone while you do it.

    The post comes across as a slightly more wordy "GIT GUD" with a pro bully theme, which is about as helpful as a condom machine in the Vatican.

    Also you can learn all of the things you are suggesting using Freddy as, when it boils down to it, he's an M1 killer.

    @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831164#Comment_1831164

    "It's not when a killer gives up instead of playing". Your direct response to a reply describing the behaviour of harassing someone who's given up as being a "dick move".

    How is this not you supporting harassing another player in response to them giving up? If its not a dick move what is it?

    If this is not you saying its ok to taunt someone when they've given up then you did a very bad job of not making that point. I'm not putting words in your mouth I'm quoting you. Did you forget posting that reply? and if not did you not realize what you were saying?

    Being blunt 101

    "You've obviously hit your skill cap and need more practice at rank two <-- (blunt part), try a perceptively weaker killer to force you into practicing skills you may not have mastered with your current killer, Killer X is good for this as they are generally seen as blah blah blah" <-- (Constructive part)

    Being belittling 101

    "You were carried to that rank by the killer you chose and don't belong there, play a different killer and get good"

    See the difference in these two statements and how one is constructive and easily interpreted where the other is not constructive and argumentative.

    Here is your original quote, in case you forgot again <-- (snide and belittling)

    "He carried you against all of those trash survivors who don't know he can be pre throws hard against".

    Belittling statement insulting to both the killer and survivors he faced while assuming a great deal and offering no constructive feedback. This is why people are arguing with you.

    Never dare someone to throw it back to you when your first pitch was a dud to begin with, especially if you struggle with making a clear point in written text <-- (Blunt).

    On god. 😂🙌

    I like you a lot. Be my friend (っ≖‿≖)っ 

  • That's why I always grab a tea when they don't want to leave or watch a video on Youtube. If they really want to waste their time I will make sure to enjoy mine.

  • Lol

    Did I dive in to heavy?

    I've been reviewing student papers and grants all week and if I have to read one more piece of arrogant idiotic text I'm gonna snap.

  • Easy solution: next killer has a perk that is the ability to kill survivors by your hand inside the exit gates, and only inside exit gates.

    Happened to me on a Myers we trounced and I teabagged waiting for my hit to leave, and instead got hoisted and eviscerated - I laughed my ass off because I totally deserved it. He had tombstone but didn't hit anyone while in T3 so I was clueless. Funniest thing I've had happen to me.

    Lot less enticing to stick around if there's a chance you'll get murdingly-urdered

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1832331#Comment_1832331

    Winstreak is 4 kills or 3 kills with hatch.

    You with a swf would be a interesting match, but that wouldnt prove any point. I know that survivor are stronger. I as survivor x4 would beat me as a killer and i would say im a better killer then survivor.

    The point is that you can get better. Nothing is proven when you beat me, bc teams in pubs are at average far worse than a tryharding 1000 hour swf. You dont need to be able to beat this teams to reach rank 1.

    You said I don't play at your level. No better way to learn then to witness. How are you going to brag about being at a much higher level and winning 20 straight 4ks and then chicken out of a challenge?

    @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/214817/survivors-waiting-in-the-endgame

    I had this happen to me the other day.. I was playing the Twins and got stomped on Haddonfield "Yay stairs". The survivors decided to sit at the exit gate and heal up for point. I walked away and grabbed Viktor, downed one and was able to get them hooked.

    tldr; The EGC started, they could have all escaped but because they were bm'ing I ended up getting a 2K. They then came into my stream, claiming I was "camping" and proceeded to harass and bully me. I just laughed it off but its like "You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes".. but you dont get to sit there and cry about it after being caught.

    Nice!

  • All I will say mate is that giving up early isn't going to help you get any better at this game.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    All I will say mate is that giving up early isn't going to help you get any better at this game.

    It's not early lmao. He said after all the gens are done and they're ready to leave.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    All I will say mate is that giving up early isn't going to help you get any better at this game.

    I didn't give up early. The game is over. There's one injured person, three fully healed, all on comms so they can just bodyblock and trade hits. At least one had DS so the others do too, and at least one had BT. This is a no-win scenario. I'm not going to magically start getting insta-downs on Freddy without NOED, and even then it would be a stretch.

  • @LunaWater said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1833980#Comment_1833980

    It's not early lmao. He said after all the gens are done and they're ready to leave.

    He said endgame which could be all gens done and no doors open.

    @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1833980#Comment_1833980

    I didn't give up early. The game is over. There's one injured person, three fully healed, all on comms so they can just bodyblock and trade hits. At least one had DS so the others do too, and at least one had BT. This is a no-win scenario. I'm not going to magically start getting insta-downs on Freddy without NOED, and even then it would be a stretch.

    As long as they aren't right next to the doors you still have a chance. If their on comms they will be super altruistic which you can bait easily. If the doors are open and they are near it then fair enough but you should try to the very end. Your not going to get a 4k but you could still get 1/2 kills.

    If they are all following you to a corner then they know you've given up. If you do this again deliberately go to a corner as far away from the doors as possible so you have a chance of getting a kill.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1833990#Comment_1833990

    He said endgame which could be all gens done and no doors open.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834012#Comment_1834012

    As long as they aren't right next to the doors you still have a chance. If their on comms they will be super altruistic which you can bait easily. If the doors are open and they are near it then fair enough but you should try to the very end. Your not going to get a 4k but you could still get 1/2 kills.

    If they are all following you to a corner then they know you've given up. If you do this again deliberately go to a corner as far away from the doors as possible so you have a chance of getting a kill.

    I know what you mean by abusing altruism but I don't think there was any chance. If I could only get two hooks for five gens, there's no way I was going to get one downed at the gate. The gate that was closest to me had a jungle gym with a pallet in it, so it broke my spirit when I realized I'd have to chase four people through this, get palleted, and maybe I'll manage to injure one.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1833288#Comment_1833288

    You said I don't play at your level. No better way to learn then to witness. How are you going to brag about being at a much higher level and winning 20 straight 4ks and then chicken out of a challenge?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1833555#Comment_1833555

    Nice!

    No, we can do it. I liie a challenge. It just wouldnt prove the point. What has your survivor level to do with your killer level? What would it prove when you beat me as a survivor?

    Survivors are technically stronger as most killer (stronger then ghostface), but most survivor at red rank are not good player.

    When you win you prove that you are better then most of the red rank teams. No surprise. You are a swf with over 1000h who will try their best to win.

    When i win i prove nothing. I still know nothing about your skill as killer.

    Technically i proved that im better bc i reached rank 1 and you not. But lets get more in detail. Do you play with crossplay? Which region?

    I know for sure that in Europe with crossplay its easy to reach rank 1. For example Otzdarva plays in this region, too, and he tries 50win-streaks with killer. So its prove that its not hard to reach rank 1.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1833972#Comment_1833972

    No, we can do it. I liie a challenge. It just wouldnt prove the point. What has your survivor level to do with your killer level? What would it prove when you beat me as a survivor?

    Survivors are technically stronger as most killer (stronger then ghostface), but most survivor at red rank are not good player.

    When you win you prove that you are better then most of the red rank teams. No surprise. You are a swf with over 1000h who will try their best to win.

    When i win i prove nothing. I still know nothing about your skill as killer.

    Technically i proved that im better bc i reached rank 1 and you not. But lets get more in detail. Do you play with crossplay? Which region?

    I know for sure that in Europe with crossplay its easy to reach rank 1. For example Otzdarva plays in this region, too, and he tries 50win-streaks with killer. So its prove that its not hard to reach rank 1.

    "When you win"

    So you obviously have no confidence that you can win yet you talked up such a big game about yourself. The goal is for you to prove that your method is solid. If it's as good as you said, then you should have no problem getting at least 3ks every single match. If you're as good as you said then there should be no reason you've already assumed that you will lose. I'm a rank 8 survivor, my brother I think is rank 14 right now. Surely you can stop us into the dirt?

    My steam name is "Kotos42". We can talk more there.

  • I agree that this is super annoying and when I’m playing killer and this happens to me I just farm bps by breaking things and using my power, but sometimes it’s worth it to check out the gate. If I’m playing survivor and I see the killer close behind I stand at the edge of the gates and let them get an extra down for some extra points before I leave.

    You can also just run to the door to force them out, or if you’re playing a killer like Spirit, Nurse, or a stealth killer without a radius, sometimes you can even get a down and a hook out of t-bagging survivors.

    Ultimately, we’re all just trying to have fun while playing this game and I wish everyone kept the other player’s feelings in mind.

    Hope things get better!

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834196#Comment_1834196

    "When you win"

    So you obviously have no confidence that you can win yet you talked up such a big game about yourself. The goal is for you to prove that your method is solid. If it's as good as you said, then you should have no problem getting at least 3ks every single match. If you're as good as you said then there should be no reason you've already assumed that you will lose. I'm a rank 8 survivor, my brother I think is rank 14 right now. Surely you can stop us into the dirt?

    My steam name is "Kotos42". We can talk more there.

    You dont understand it. But whatever lets just do the match

    I just dont want you to think that im here to brag. I wanted you to not give up and get better and now it seems like im some idiot who think hes high and mighty.

    I cant find your name + bc im on ps4 we cant talk.

    Edit: i saw your other post. So you know you can improve. Thats good, then this discussion was wasted time, but whatever.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830110#Comment_1830110

    "Most survivors get mindgamed by simple fakes at shacks"

    Only if you're playing new people. I've been playing for years with a few breaks between. I've seen the skill generally rise on those. From anecdotal experience alone this week, you're wrong. Nothing else to say. Good survivors can maintain a shack chase past more than a few fakes and that's while they're blind due to being in the Dream World so I don't have a red stain.

    "Yeah staying on gens wins but once again this is pubs not tournaments so you wont see actual optimal teams except for once in a blue moon."

    This is also a blatant lie. A few days ago I was rank 6 and going up against two back to back SWFs with an OoO on each team and they were on comms(I asked after the chat to make sure). They were extremely difficult and decked out exactly as they needed to be. That was ranks ago and the skill level has only gotten more difficult to compete with. Like I said, playing past 10 at night it's a whole different game.

    "I think you are overestimating how fast these pub survivors are doing gens"

    I'm running Oppression and Pop for stall, that should be enough. I can teleport to gens and I run BBQ as well. This should be more than enough but it's not. I should have taken a video of the game I played against console gamers. I assume they were comm'ed up because they were trading off hits and baiting me to the opposite side of the field for a chase. I got down to the last gen and there was nothing I could do. It was over by then. In the first two minutes they had three generators worked on. By around the third minute one was completed, two more were over 90%, and another was beginning to be worked on. By minute five it was basically over and I knew it. I chased one guy for about half the time and hooked him twice. Each time he got unhooked he was healed nearly instantly (no medkits, I assume perks but didn't stay to check).

    Are you going to pretend you've never faced a team like this?

    I had a game like that yesterday as demogorgon. I got 2 pretty fast downs at the start yet 3 gens popped within 45 secs of each other. I couldn't believe how fast it was and I cut chases short with some good shreds. I tried to save footage of it but the video file was corrupt. I would have liked to show it because it was just unbelievable how fast they were despite me doing well in chases.

  • They just want a good ol slap from you. It's a tradition to stay in gates so the killer would approach and slap every survivor a few times.

  • @Chaotyx said:

    Easy solution: next killer has a perk that is the ability to kill survivors by your hand inside the exit gates, and only inside exit gates.

    Happened to me on a Myers we trounced and I teabagged waiting for my hit to leave, and instead got hoisted and eviscerated - I laughed my ass off because I totally deserved it. He had tombstone but didn't hit anyone while in T3 so I was clueless. Funniest thing I've had happen to me.

    Lot less enticing to stick around if there's a chance you'll get murdingly-urdered

    Same thing happened to me several months back. Same exact situation except for me it was Spirit with rancor and I happened to be the obsession. Like you I also laughed hysterically and never forgot about it.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/214817/survivors-waiting-in-the-endgame

    It's not when a killer gives up instead of playing. Heres what you do. Play trapper learn how to mindgame and how to become a sweaty killer and then go back to freddy. He carried you against all of those trash survivors who dont know he can be pre throws hard against.

    So the killer can’t give up? Is it compulsory to entertain survivors?

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    After years of playing I've switched to Freddy and I've finally hit rank 2, yet I still suck and get beat hard. When that happens I go to the corner of the map and wait for the survivors to just open the gate and leave. But they don't. They follow me to the corner and just stand behind me for five minutes.

    If you do this please stop. Just end it. It's already over. Two hooks by the end game with no kills isn't a fun game for me and I'm ready to do something else.

    I actually see this more as people poking at an afk killer wondering whats going on. If you want them to leave just be a little active and they'll leave

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1832206#Comment_1832206

    And if you let that happen than you screwed up as a team.

    Never be with all 4 in a space with 1 exit, if you do than you all deserve to be sacrificed.

    If you want to be in a spot with 1 exit, then make sure it's no mere than 2 people or its gg and over

    It's mostly the bubba that face camp that need to be addressed like he is weakened near a hook or a perk needs to be added to counter it.

1 2 3