Hi Almo, how come Decisive strike hasn't been nerfed yet? Forgive me if I come off as rude

Hi @Almo , I hope I don't come off as rude or snarky, and forgive me for assuming you would also reply to this post in the first place since I saw someone else put your name in their title and got a reply. But I am sure that many people, including myself, would like to know why DS hasn't changed. It is a perk that is extremely powerful and can even be abused if a survivor jumps in a locker or uses it with unbreakable.

There is also the fact that it can be used if the killer has hooked another survivor. Pop goes the weasel was nerfed down to 45 seconds, so how come decisive strike wasn't since it lasts a really long time? It seems that DS has a far greater impact than PGTW since it can stack on four different people.

Just the fear of it alone makes killers in most matches slug the recently hooked survivor even if no one has DS which is bad for the killer because this situation is still favorable to the survivors since you don't get a hook state out of them.

You can also hook another survivor and still be hit by DS. This isn't tunneling, but a survivor can still get value out of DS even when not being tunneled. While it is unlikely, it can still happen.

So if you would be so kind as to answer our question, "why hasn't decisive strike nerfed yet?" that would be greatly appreciated by a huge part of the community.

Thank you very much for your time.

Comments

  • I don't really want to know the answer, because I'm scared of what the asnwer is...

  • I'd appreciate an answer on this too, but directly calling out a single dev is extremely rude. I was surprised the other guy got a response in the first place, even with his video/reasoning for singling out Almo.

  • Glad you opened the 100th Thread comparing PGTW and DS.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    I don't really want to know the answer, because I'm scared of what the asnwer is...

    Perks usually get changed during mid-chapters. It would be more fair to wait and see what the pbe changes and than ask why DS didn't get changed imo.

  • DS is a healthy perk because everyone agrees getting tunneled is among the most anti-fun (yet still extremely effective strats) a killer can do.

    It allows Survivors a way to stay in the game for an appropriate length (That's why it's 60 seconds instead of last hook) and deters Killers from tunneling. This is a good thing. Survivors are allowed to play.

    Comparing it to other perks is useless because Survivor and Killer play very differently, that's a poor way to make an argument. "Pop was nerfed to 45, why not DS too?" all you're doing is showing what a terrible dev you'd make. Thinking it must be tit-for-tat.

  • Because they would've to think about another anti-tunnel fix and probably their stats right now tell them that when DS was bugged not long ago, the death when hooked first/time between being hooked and re-hooked are not encouraging.

    Yeah, yeah, I know the DS is not strictly anti-tunnel and all that. However, it's also a tunnel deterrent and they don't have an easy fix for other problematic aspects without impacting that one too.

  • I think I remember them saying that in regards to the hooking thing, they don't want the perks power to be controlled by another players actions (VERY rich considering how many killer perks are reliant on survivors triggering them).

    I also imagine that they want to do it 'right' this time. The main problem with DS is that its a defensive perk that is considerably stronger when used aggressively.

    Then theres the fact that DS has overtaken self-care over time as the "crutch" perk for a lot of survivors. Don't get me wrong, REALLY good survivors use DS because they know just how strong it is when used at the right time, but many, many bad survivors simply throw it on as they suck at chases and go down too fast too escape/let their team complete gens without it.

    Simply hitting a DS and holding W in a straight line can add up to 25+ seconds of gen progression for each team member just because of the stun length, then the catchup length for M! killer, than the picking up and hooking.

    If they nerfed it into a truly anti tunnel perk that can't be abused you'd probably have mass survivor hysteria and quitting.

    It's been a controversial perk since day 1. It will always probably stay that way.

  • Something something statistics.

  • Have they ever maked announcements like that on the forum?

  • @DBD78 said:

    Have they ever maked announcements like that on the forum?

    They have made developer updates that go over planned changes in upcoming mid-chapters before.

    Here's the one for September that goes over the last mid-chapter changes:

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/K73VODWVFP2S/devupdatesep2020.png

    Welcome to the September Developer Update, a series of blogposts where we discuss upcoming changes and features making their way to Dead by Daylight.

    Chapter 16 Review

    With the upcoming Mid-Chapter, we are kicking off a new initiative to review the previously released Chapter (the Killer, their Perks, and the Survivor’s Perks) and make any changes that are needed. The first to receive this treatment is the Silent Hill Chapter.

    We feel that it is important to see how new content plays out in a real scenario before committing to balance changes. Something that seems overpowered upon release can end up being a non-issue once people have had a chance to play against it and develop counterplay. Likewise, something that might seem underpowered might find a niche once people have had the time to experiment with new builds and playstyles. Other times, the playstyles that crop up over time can turn out to be frustrating or unfun to play against.

    With this in mind, we plan to review the previous Chapter once it has had a few months to simmer and address any issues or imbalances that may have appeared. This period gives us a chance to monitor how the new content is used and get a better understanding of how it is used (and how it can be abused) before tweaking things.

    The Executioner Changes

    From watching Pyramid Head matches over the past few months, we have noticed that many people will opt to only use his Punishment of the Damned attack at pallets and windows, where the Survivor is locked into the interaction and unable to attempt to dodge the attack. To address this and make gameplay more dynamic, we are making two changes.

    1.      Increasing the delay after cancelling Rites of Judgement before Pyramid can attack.

    The reason for this change is to add a downside to cancelling your power at each pallet or window. Currently the Survivor is left with two choices: Vault the window/drop the pallet and get hit with Punishment of the Damned, or continue running and get hit with a basic attack. By increasing the delay before you can do a basic attack after cancelling Rites of Judgement, the Survivor gets a small window to avoid an attack (similar to the Huntress or Demogorgon).

    2.      Decreasing the delay after attacking with Punishment of the Damned.

    Missing an attack with Punishment of the Damned can feel very punishing (oh, the irony). The cooldown after attacking is fairly long which gives the Survivor a lot of time to gain distance. By lowering the cooldown, you’ll be able to use your power more liberally without having it backfire as hard if you miss.

    The goal of these changes is to move Pyramid Head’s gameplay in a more skill based direction which rewards aiming your attacks well rather than canceling your power or using it only in situations where you’re guaranteed a hit. We are not aiming to make The Executioner stronger or weaker overall, but rather to address some of the frustrations of both sides.

    Perk Changes

    We are happy to see that some of the perks from Chapter 16 have found their way into people’s regular line-up and niche builds, however there are three perks that we would like to revisit. These perks are:

    Trail of Torment

    We erred on the side of caution when releasing this perk; if the Killer is Undetectable too often, it can easily become overwhelming and start to overshadow actual stealth based Killers. After watching it play out, we are comfortable with giving Trail of Torment a buff.

    The Undetectable status effect will now remain active until the marked generator stops regressing or until a Survivor is put into the dying state by any means.

    This creates an interesting dynamic where the Survivors need to stop the generator from regressing to remove the Undetectable status effect. The Killer can use this to ambush Survivors, or use it to sneak up on a Survivor from an unexpected angle.

    Forced Penance

    Forced Penance has some interesting applications, but the duration seems to be a little low to get much use out of the Broken effect. We are increasing the duration of the Broken effect by 20 seconds across all tiers.

    Blood Pact

    Blood Pact’s Haste effect is nice to have but did not last long enough to see much use. We are scrapping the duration for the Haste effect and instead making it last indefinitely until the two Survivors are no longer within 16m of one another.

    Miscellaneous Perk Changes

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RB9FDZ1EAIA9/perkheader2.png

    On the subject of perks, we have also prepared a package of perk updates for this Mid-Chapter. Like the perks mentioned above, we’ll go through and give a short explanation of each one.

    Any Means Necessary

    • Reduced cooldown to 60 seconds.
    • Added a score event for resetting a pallet.

    This is another perk that we erred on the side of caution when releasing. Resetting pallets can be a game changer and we wanted to make sure that it would not get out of hand. Upon review, we are comfortable with decreasing the cooldown to 60 seconds.

    Cruel Limits

    • Increased radius to 32m.

    There were concerns with Cruel Limits being overbearing when the perk first launched, but it turned out to be a non-issue. We are increasing the range from to 32m (from 24m).

    For The People

    • Added a score event for using For The People.

    Mindbreaker

    • Increased duration of the Exhausted effect.

    The Exhausted effect from Mindbreaker often ended up being too short to make much use out of. We are increasing the duration by a few seconds across the board.

    Slippery Meat

    • Removed Bear Trap escape chance.
    • Added an increased chance to self-unhook.

    Slippery Meat has found its way into some niche builds, but it is one of the few perks from back in the day that affects one Killer more than others (increasing your odds of escaping from Bear Traps). This is something we’ve moved away from recently, so we will be removing the increased Bear Trap escape chance from this perk.

    To better play into the niche playstyle, Slippery Meat will now increase your chance to self-unhook in addition to giving your more self-unhook attempts.

    Thanataphobia

    • Removed heal speed penalty.
    • Increased penalty on other actions.

    Thanataphobia is meant to encourage the Survivors to heal in order to avoid the penalty from the perk. However, it currently reduces healing speed as well, creating a lose-lose situation no matter what the Survivors do. This prevents us from making the perk stronger as it would quickly get overbearing.

    To address this, we are removing the reduced healing speed from the perk, but increasing the action speed penalty to compensate.

    We’re Gonna Live Forever

    • Added new ways to get tokens.
    • Added increased healing speed when healing a dying Survivor.

    We’re Gonna Live Forever is often seen as the Survivor equivalent to BBQ & Chilli, but lacking a secondary like the latter’s aura revealing. It can also cause Survivors to compete for unhooks, leading to people rushing in for hook saves before it’s safe.

    By adding additional ways to get tokens, we hope to reduce the competition between Survivors. The secondary effect gives the perk more use within the trial.

    Technician

    • Increased the chance to prevent an explosion to 100%.
    • Added an increased penalty to missed skill checks.

    Technician is designed as a perk to help newer players and those who struggle with skill checks. There is, however, a random aspect to it as to whether or not the generator explosion will be prevented. To make it more consistent and play more into the learning tool aspect, we are changing the perk to always prevent the explosion, but adding a small penalty to progress for missed skill checks.

    Pop Goes The Weasel

    • Decreased the time the perk stays activated to 45 seconds.

    Originally Pop Goes The Weasel had a 30 second cooldown, which felt too short to get much use out of. We later increased this to 60 seconds. This felt much better to use, but it wound up being a little too lenient and allowed Killers to find and kick a generator at their leisure, often after chasing and downing a different Survivor.

    To add some urgency back into the perk, we are splitting the difference and changing the time to 45 seconds at tier 3. This way you’ll have enough time to get to the generator you want to kick, but you’ll want to kick the generator before committing to a chase with another Survivor.

    Perk Rarity Simplification

    Keeping with the theme of perks, a small change, but a noteworthy one nonetheless: All perks will now share the same rarities based on their tiers.

    Currently, tier 3 perks can either be rare or very rare. This can make it difficult to find the perk you’re looking for since the perk list is sorted not just alphabetically, but also divided across two different rarities.

    Going forward, perk rarity will match the tier of the perk:

    1. Uncommon
    2. Rare
    3. Very Rare

    This makes it easier to find the perks you’re looking for in your perk list, and also makes it easier to tell what tier a perk is at a glance.

    Graphics Update: MacMillan Estate

    Last but not least, we recently showed off some concept art for the next realm to receive a graphics update. Here they are once more in case you missed them:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/L0PRUZ7ZATDW/mme1.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ERO1O5KHAB1V/mme2.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DL0C9FFFE2FW/mme3.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QEX2QX0Y4WDT/mme4.png

    This concludes the September edition of the Developer Update. All of the changes mentioned above will be available for testing in the Player Test Build on Steam starting Tuesday, September 29th. We look forward to seeing what you think once you’ve had a chance to try everything out!

    The Dead by Daylight team


  • Screenshot_26.png

    Got your DS thread planned out for tomorrow too?

  • It’s possible (and my belief) that there are no immediate plans to change DS (or any plans at all... and won’t be any anytime soon, or ever, either), as it isn’t viewed as the “impossible threat” which far too many Killers are making it out to be.

    I don’t use it as survivor. Maybe used it 3 times.

    ...and I don’t care who uses it against me as Killer.

    These DS threads rank right up there with the FNaF discussions that can easily be read as incessant whining and stale, tired attempts at badgering.

    ...and Lively horses always make for a better ride than ol’ Maurice, jus sittin’ over there in the corner going nowhere.

    I sincerely understand why devs seldom bother replying to or acknowledging DS threads, and I imagine I’ll be following suit. It’s healthy; feels almost therapeutic while bringing on a sense of contentment.

    ...I actually should’ve started before this very post, tbh😌

    I used to stand with clenched fists, screaming at the mountain and complaining that it was too high... then I finally decided to climb it, enjoying the journey and beautiful view from the top.

  • It’s probably getting nerfed soon probably in the mid chapter or when Michael Myers gets changed

  • Almo forgive this pleb for being mad at a perk that can be countered by not tunneling

  • @Zephinism said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PQ0S2O66UEUS/screenshot-26.png

    Got your DS thread planned out for tomorrow too?

    I think I am good... also I am not the only one who would like a response. That was kind of unnecessary too.

  • @KateDunson said:

    Almo forgive this pleb for being mad at a perk that can be countered without camping

    I think you meant to say "tunneling" here. Also, sorry for "tunneling" a survivor off a hook when they were literally rescued in front of me or they are in a bad spot, that would give me an advantage as a killer and I sincerely apologize for that. Also, not "tunneling" a survivor is counter-productive as the killer. Without getting into it, it is a legitimate strategy. I am also not "mad", just curious.

  • DS was nerfed multiple times in the past. People complain forever.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1822447#Comment_1822447

    I think you meant to say "tunneling" here. Also, sorry for "tunneling" a survivor off a hook when they were literally rescued in front of me or they are in a bad spot, that would give me an advantage as a killer and I sincerely apologize for that. Also, not "tunneling" a survivor is counter-productive as the killer. Without getting into it, it is a legitimate strategy. I am also not "mad", just curious.

    Fixed. Well imo who tunnel is bad at the games in ganeral

  • @Felnex said:

    DS is a healthy perk because everyone agrees getting tunneled is among the most anti-fun (yet still extremely effective strats) a killer can do.

    It allows Survivors a way to stay in the game for an appropriate length (That's why it's 60 seconds instead of last hook) and deters Killers from tunneling. This is a good thing. Survivors are allowed to play.

    Comparing it to other perks is useless because Survivor and Killer play very differently, that's a poor way to make an argument. "Pop was nerfed to 45, why not DS too?" all you're doing is showing what a terrible dev you'd make. Thinking it must be tit-for-tat.

    Tunneling may be boring for the survivor, but it is one of the few things killers can actually do to get the upper hand, it is not their fault either that it is best for them to tunnel many times. This game isn't exactly in a good spot in terms of balance. Like I have said DS can be abused very easily by jumping in a locker or using unbreakable with it. Also, if I hook a survivor and then hook a survivor who was recently unhooked (this does happen) am I a tunneler?

    There is no need to be aggressive about this. I thought that people compared survivor and killer things all the time, look at keys and mori's for example.

  • @KateDunson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1822460#Comment_1822460

    Fixed. Well imo who tunnel is bad at the games in ganeral

    Well, that isn't the most accurate statement to make. A person who tunnels is not bad at the game in general. Unless they spend the whole match purposely looking for you, then yeah I am pretty sure they could learn a thing or two. But what if a killer does it because it is convenient? If a good killer tunnels it's because the unhooked survivor made a mistake by being in the wrong place (they would only slug that survivor too), or the saviors' mistake for unhooking when the killer is still close. A good killer will not tunnel if it isn't convenient unless they absolutely have to.

  • @latigresa said:

    DS was nerfed multiple times in the past. People complain forever.

    Pretty sure it was one time. People complain because it is still a big issue since the nerf wasn't enough. It wasn't even really a nerf, more of a change.

  • He does have a point. You can run DS + Unbreakable and not get the chance to use them at all.

    Also LOL @ him getting infinite looped on Haddonfield because they turned Bloodlust off.

  • @KateDunson said:

    Almo forgive this pleb for being mad at a perk that can be countered without camping

    ''jUsT dOnT tUNnEl 5heAD''

    Oh? You mean how you can down the entire survivor team, hook three of them, then get hit with a 59.9 second DS by the fourth because the perk isn't anti-tunnel, its actually just a free minute of invulnerability?

    Yeah, guess I shouldn't tunnel in the future =/ my bad

  • @Ghoste said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1822425#Comment_1822425

    He does have a point. You can run DS + Unbreakable and not get the chance to use them at all.

    Also LOL @ him getting infinite looped on Haddonfield because they turned Bloodlust off.

    True. But if you think about it, DS doesn't really need to be used. Think of it more as reassurance and with unbreakable you can get away scott free. Most killers who are good slug the person who was recently unhooked because they assume they're running DS. Just the fear of it alone is enough you don't even have to run it if there is another obsession perk, and running this with unbreakable makes this situation tip in your favor. Also, I hope he figured out that Haddonfield was unbalanced lol.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1822512#Comment_1822512

    True. But if you think about it, DS doesn't really need to be used. Think of it more as reassurance and with unbreakable you can get away scott free. Most killers who are good slug the person who was recently unhooked because they assume they're running DS. Just the fear of it alone is enough you don't even have to run it if there is another obsession perk, and running this with unbreakable makes this situation tip in your favor. Also, I hope he figured out that Haddonfield was unbalanced lol.

    I agree, I'm not trying to argue the combo is healthy, and certainly it does give too much benefit when it does come into play.

    Although, do you think perks that have an impact just by existing are so bad? Look at Power Struggle for example. Not a great perk by any means, but it will cause Killers to never walk through a pallet when carrying someone again. Is that unhealthy for the game? (Genuinely asking your opinion, I'm not sure on this one). Personally I feel knowing that perks like these exist and playing around them properly is the difference between a good Killer and a bad one.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1822383#Comment_1822383

    Tunneling may be boring for the survivor, but it is one of the few things killers can actually do to get the upper hand, it is not their fault either that it is best for them to tunnel many times. This game isn't exactly in a good spot in terms of balance. Like I have said DS can be abused very easily by jumping in a locker or using unbreakable with it. Also, if I hook a survivor and then hook a survivor who was recently unhooked (this does happen) am I a tunneler?

    There is no need to be aggressive about this. I thought that people compared survivor and killer things all the time, look at keys and mori's for example.

    I know. That's why I said in brackets that tunneling was still an extremely effective strategy. I don't see how Unbreakable+DS is "abuse", that's a very negative term for perk synergy. The way I see it, those perks synergise well and allow a Survivor to keep playing the game rather than get tunneled out of it ASAP. You should not call it a negative term "abuse" without first proving why it's a bad thing.

    Just because other people do things (compare keys and moris, perks to perks) does not mean it's an okay thing to do. I'm allowed to call out flawed reasoning when I think i see it! But I do apologize if it was aggressive.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Glad you opened the 100th Thread comparing PGTW and DS.

    Wow such great feedback, way to contribute your entitled opinion to the topic.

    As for OP, I too wonder why it hasn’t been changed. The last time this perk was changed, it took a LONG time for them to figure out what they were gonna do with it. I believe McLean said something along the lines, “we have made progress on it but we’re not yet satisfied with the outcome. A change is coming though I promise.”

  • My understanding is that they have discussed DS internally and have just never been able to agree on a viable solution which doesn't come with its own set of issues. Basically, if they're going to rework a perk like DS, they want it to have fewer problems, not just different ones, and most if not all of the popular solutions proposed so far still have holes in them somewhere.

  • I said it the day DS was changed and I'll say it again. I'd rather deal with old DS than current DS.

  • @Felnex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1822493#Comment_1822493

    I know. That's why I said in brackets that tunneling was still an extremely effective strategy. I don't see how Unbreakable+DS is "abuse", that's a very negative term for perk synergy. The way I see it, those perks synergise well and allow a Survivor to keep playing the game rather than get tunneled out of it ASAP. You should not call it a negative term "abuse" without first proving why it's a bad thing.

    Just because other people do things (compare keys and moris, perks to perks) does not mean it's an okay thing to do. I'm allowed to call out flawed reasoning when I think i see it! But I do apologize if it was aggressive.

    It's fine btw just be a bit more careful when writing things which is something I clearly didn't do on that post about kobeing in people's faces post. That one got a bit out of hand and it wasn't my intention to stir up some heat.

    Anyway, when I mentioned "abuse" of DS, I meant that it can be used to create lose-lose situations for the killer that are too powerful to survivors. Jumping in a locker is something that should be considered an abuse of DS because if you grab them you get stunned and they get away. If you slug them but they have unbreakable, you might get rid of unbreakable, but they still come out on top in this circumstance because you still didn't get to hook them and people are getting gens done elsewhere. If you just leave them, then they heal and do a generator. I know tunneling and camping are really lame strategies, but they still are effective and it can sometimes be the killer's only hope of getting a kill or more. If I am playing either side, I will do what I must to win. As a killer, tunneling a survivor if it is either convenient or I kind of have to in order to make a comeback. But say I tunnel a survivor off the hook and they jump in a locker I will feel helpless. If they use unbreakable, that just feels wrong to me since I practically wasted my time slugging them. It just feels helpless as a killer in this situation, and it is a helpless circumstance.

  • @Ghoste said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1822527#Comment_1822527

    I agree, I'm not trying to argue the combo is healthy, and certainly it does give too much benefit when it does come into play.

    Although, do you think perks that have an impact just by existing are so bad? Look at Power Struggle for example. Not a great perk by any means, but it will cause Killers to never walk through a pallet when carrying someone again. Is that unhealthy for the game? (Genuinely asking your opinion, I'm not sure on this one). Personally I feel knowing that perks like these exist and playing around them properly is the difference between a good Killer and a bad one.

    I think that DS is probably the only perk that is powerful just by existing and I guess power struggle could be, but it is far more situational. Power struggle is an odd one and if combined with tenacity it can also create a lose-lose situation for the killer now that I think about it. Power struggle when used with tenacity is kind of like a free unbreakable if you think about it. I don't mean to sound entitled, but it can create a pretty helpless situation if it happens to the killer. I got hit with this the other day, I wanted to cry ;(. The only difference is that this one is more situational, but it kind of has the same effect. I forgot about power struggle honestly, I think it might be similar to DS.

  • @Negi said:

    I said it the day DS was changed and I'll say it again. I'd rather deal with old DS than current DS.

    Yeah, the new one was in theory good..Til you figured out It basically was about changing OoO. Then you find out It was a buff the whole time.

  • The pop can be used more than once but DS if you use it it’s gone.

  • Because it has been buffed twice

  • lol this thread is a joke.

  • The long standing question:

    image.png


  • @Yords said:

    Hi @Almo , I hope I don't come off as rude or snarky, and forgive me for assuming you would also reply to this post in the first place since I saw someone else put your name in their title and got a reply. But I am sure that many people, including myself, would like to know why DS hasn't changed. It is a perk that is extremely powerful and can even be abused if a survivor jumps in a locker or uses it with unbreakable.

    There is also the fact that it can be used if the killer has hooked another survivor. Pop goes the weasel was nerfed down to 45 seconds, so how come decisive strike wasn't since it lasts a really long time? It seems that DS has a far greater impact than PGTW since it can stack on four different people.

    Just the fear of it alone makes killers in most matches slug the recently hooked survivor even if no one has DS which is bad for the killer because this situation is still favorable to the survivors since you don't get a hook state out of them.

    You can also hook another survivor and still be hit by DS. This isn't tunneling, but a survivor can still get value out of DS even when not being tunneled. While it is unlikely, it can still happen.

    So if you would be so kind as to answer our question, "why hasn't decisive strike nerfed yet?" that would be greatly appreciated by a huge part of the community.

    Thank you very much for your time.

    Because it is survivor's perk.

    Survivor's perk could get some "change" but would never get nerf.

    The only exception in history is MOM.

    And this exception is because the MOM release just right after DS change so it piss too many people that Dev need to do something to fix their mistake.

  • Pgtw can be used several times and decimates gen progress. Ds can be used once. I dont use it myself but you killers need to get some skill and stop tunneling. In all my killer matchs ds has cost me the match exactly once and thats because i played poorly. Its a non issue for good killers

  • @Drywatr said:

    Pgtw can be used several times and decimates gen progress. Ds can be used once. I dont use it myself but you killers need to get some skill and stop tunneling. In all my killer matchs ds has cost me the match exactly once and thats because i played poorly. Its a non issue for good killers

    This is a False Equivalence Fallacy.

    A single DS can win the entire survivor team the game but a single pop does very little.

    The amount of usages doesn't matter if the one limited to one can instantly win the game.

    A single pop is =/= to a single DS making only comparing the uses irrelevant.

  • The funniest thing to me is that DS was originally given 5 seconds of stun because Enduring worked on the DS stun. But they removed enduring working on it and just never reverted the 5 second stun.

  • It. Was. Nerfed.

    Welcome. To. The. Game.

    They've already addressed this perk when it used to be a given to the obsession before even first hook, and there was this dribble that killer's did to try to take it away. Now they just slug. Where's my paused timer when left on the ground?

  • @Thasard said:

    It. Was. Nerfed.

    Welcome. To. The. Game.

    They've already addressed this perk when it used to be a given to the obsession before even first hook, and there was this dribble that killer's did to try to take it away. Now they just slug. Where's my paused timer when left on the ground?

    It needs another nerf. It is still too powerful. And why should you get a pause timer if slugged?

  • @KateDunson said:

    Almo forgive this pleb for being mad at a perk that can be countered without camping

    DS is not an ant-tunnel perk. Per the Devs. Just like face camping is not bannable. also, per the devs.

  • @Yords said:

    Hi @Almo , I hope I don't come off as rude or snarky, and forgive me for assuming you would also reply to this post in the first place since I saw someone else put your name in their title and got a reply. But I am sure that many people, including myself, would like to know why DS hasn't changed. It is a perk that is extremely powerful and can even be abused if a survivor jumps in a locker or uses it with unbreakable.

    There is also the fact that it can be used if the killer has hooked another survivor. Pop goes the weasel was nerfed down to 45 seconds, so how come decisive strike wasn't since it lasts a really long time? It seems that DS has a far greater impact than PGTW since it can stack on four different people.

    Just the fear of it alone makes killers in most matches slug the recently hooked survivor even if no one has DS which is bad for the killer because this situation is still favorable to the survivors since you don't get a hook state out of them.

    You can also hook another survivor and still be hit by DS. This isn't tunneling, but a survivor can still get value out of DS even when not being tunneled. While it is unlikely, it can still happen.

    So if you would be so kind as to answer our question, "why hasn't decisive strike nerfed yet?" that would be greatly appreciated by a huge part of the community.

    Thank you very much for your time.

    How many times are you guys going to beg for a nerf? It's literally been nerfed over and over and over again.

    image.png


  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1822486#Comment_1822486

    Pretty sure it was one time. People complain because it is still a big issue since the nerf wasn't enough. It wasn't even really a nerf, more of a change.

    The “nerf” wasn’t a nerf. It was made better by removing the struggle requirement for non-obsession survivors. The killer at least had some counter play to the previous iteration of decisive by dribbling non-obsessions.

  • @Zaytex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1822447#Comment_1822447

    ''jUsT dOnT tUNnEl 5heAD''

    Oh? You mean how you can down the entire survivor team, hook three of them, then get hit with a 59.9 second DS by the fourth because the perk isn't anti-tunnel, its actually just a free minute of invulnerability?

    Yeah, guess I shouldn't tunnel in the future =/ my bad

    If your chases are lasting an average of like 10 seconds, you shouldn't really need to worry about DS anymore anyways.

    I get the perk isn't completely focused against countering tunneling, but then again, thatt's not directly a problem. A perk shouldn't have to be only anti tunnel anyways, the fact that people are talking about DS only being anti tunnel and it would still be good just shows what a problem camping and tunneling is.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    There are ways to play around it.

    It encourages a healthier playstyle in a general sense.

    If you're good enough it doesn't matter at all (For both sides).

    The only edge-cases you (and I) can think of can be played around as the Killer or is the Killers fault.

    Anytime I've decided to use it when I've played Survivor, more often than not it has just been a wasted perk slot.

    My only issue is the total duration, but if it were any lower it wouldn't be worth the perk slot.

    Any statement about DS not being an anti-tunneling perk is horsecrud. Even if it's not the intention that's what it's slotted for.

    The main use it serves is as a crutch for that unlucky Survivor that gets camped because your group genrushed the Killer (or you've got a Killer that likes to Tunnel). And at that point, the issue isn't DS. It's just the most convenient scapegoat.

    If DS is not an anti-tunnel perk, what kind of perk could it possibly be other than a crutch? You even say that it is good against a camping and tunneling killer who you just genrushed.

  • We are going to beg for a nerf until it actually gets a proper nerf. The nerfs it has gotten aren't enough to change the sheer power this perk can have.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    lol this thread is a joke.

    ?.

‹ 1 2