I feel like DBD has been scaring off new killers

This goes at least back to the Billy rework in my opinion. They made Billy a higher skill ceiling with his overheat mechanic and add on changes. Next they plan to give Freddy more of a skill ceiling. Not to mention the mori nerf that gave bad killers a chance to at least do decent. Its getting harder and harder now for new killers to play and excel.

I ain't referring to veteran killers by the way. You all got ruin undying which is overpowered if you know how to play the game. However if you are a new killer I feel this game is becoming more and more unwelcoming. Or maybe its just me, what you all think?

Edit: I forgot the matchmaking issues. Yeah that definitely takes the cake for the new players biggest struggle.

Comments

  • @Orionbash said:

    I'm sorry OP, but Freddy definitely needed a skill cap. The fact that BHVR let new Freddy into the game and waited over a year to really nerf him is kinda insulting to survivors. Freddy is the only killer in the game that has everything in his kit (Anti-Loop/Anti-Gen, etc...) with absolutely no consequences to bad play and no real counter.

    I cannot wait for that nerf.

    In other words, he plays like a survivor.

    Yeah, we can't have that. Can we?

  • New player experience in DBD is awfull and I think that zero Friendly Style with newbies is what made the Game unplayeable for a lot of pple.

    If you check Steam reviews or even in consoles 9/% of negative reviews has less than 20 hours at the game, because they join, MM makes them to face a skilled killer or being killer vs SWF and just feel frustration playing, so they leave the Game super tilted and write those kind of reviews.

    But There is an easy way to learn and to enjoy the Game in both sides.

    * As survivor, play with friends and bully the killer, you Will die first but you can see your teammates playing and learn some mechanics to improve.

    * As killer, just take the easy way, 90% of Killers with less than 1000 hours at this Game just climbed to red ranks using OP Addons and Killers.

    - Freddy with Blood Traps.

    - Bubba without M1, just brainless playstyle with full chainsaw and Iron Grasp to hang them into the deeps, ah, dont forget NOED, this la meta if you want to play noobstyle Bubba.

    - Play Billy,is not easy as Bubba but he has oneshoot too and after a few hours you Will learn and you Will be unstoppable.

    - Play Nurse, IMO is the second most Overpowered and easiest killer in this game, you just need a few games to manage Blinks, dont listen to that pple Who says that she is hard to play, she is not.

    - Play Spirit, the most unbalanced, abuser and easiest killer in this Game, just play her and get 2 pips per Game.

  • @Asqueado said:

    New player experience in DBD is awfull and I think that zero Friendly Style with newbies is what made the Game unplayeable for a lot of pple.

    If you check Steam reviews or even in consoles 9/% of negative reviews has less than 20 hours at the game, because they join, MM makes them to face a skilled killer or being killer vs SWF and just feel frustration playing, so they leave the Game super tilted and write those kind of reviews.

    But There is an easy way to learn and to enjoy the Game in both sides.

    * As survivor, play with friends and bully the killer, you Will die first but you can see your teammates playing and learn some mechanics to improve.

    * As killer, just take the easy way, 90% of Killers with less than 1000 hours at this Game just climbed to red ranks using OP Addons and Killers.

    - Freddy with Blood Traps.

    - Bubba without M1, just brainless playstyle with full chainsaw and Iron Grasp to hang them into the deeps, ah, dont forget NOED, this la meta if you want to play noobstyle Bubba.

    - Play Billy,is not easy as Bubba but he has oneshoot too and after a few hours you Will learn and you Will be unstoppable.

    - Play Nurse, IMO is the second most Overpowered and easiest killer in this game, you just need a few games to manage Blinks, dont listen to that pple Who says that she is hard to play, she is not.

    - Play Spirit, the most unbalanced, abuser and easiest killer in this Game, just play her and get 2 pips per Game.

    Yikes... you may need a break from dbd

  • The game is completely hostile to new killers, they're thrown against survivors with hundreds if not thousands of hours of playtime and who have all the good perks unlocked, while they're expected to take them on with what, wraith with monstrous shrine and bitter murmur? I switched to pc last month so I'm starting from scratch and there's no way I'd've stuck with it if I were actually new. Survivors in red and purple ranks right from the start, including smurf squads with one player on their rank 20 alt account. How many games like that will new killers endure? It's not even that there are no low rank survivors, because now I'm back to purple the game is giving me rank 15s, because of course it is.

  • I took It my friend, like 4 months ago, but doesnt mean that all these facts are real

  • @sQuAde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/213237/i-feel-like-dbd-has-been-scaring-off-new-killers

    "gave bad killers a chance to at least do decent."

    first of all, if you're doing bad you shouldn't deserve a kill in the first place. The mori nerf was a good change.

    Nah, it was a bad change. But a change at all was necessary. Don't conflate the two.

  • @Pipefish said:

    This goes at least back to the Billy rework in my opinion. They made Billy a higher skill ceiling with his overheat mechanic and add on changes. Next they plan to give Freddy more of a skill ceiling. Not to mention the mori nerf that gave bad killers a chance to at least do decent. Its getting harder and harder now for new killers to play and excel.

    I ain't referring to veteran killers by the way. You all got ruin undying which is overpowered if you know how to play the game. However if you are a new killer I feel this game is becoming more and more unwelcoming. Or maybe its just me, what you all think?

    Edit: I forgot the matchmaking issues. Yeah that definitely takes the cake for the new players biggest struggle.

    i guess that is the point, i mean, clearly they want the game to have no killers left, wich will happens sooner than later if this game keeps going like this

  • @Pipefish said:

    This goes at least back to the Billy rework in my opinion. They made Billy a higher skill ceiling with his overheat mechanic and add on changes. Next they plan to give Freddy more of a skill ceiling. Not to mention the mori nerf that gave bad killers a chance to at least do decent. Its getting harder and harder now for new killers to play and excel.

    I ain't referring to veteran killers by the way. You all got ruin undying which is overpowered if you know how to play the game. However if you are a new killer I feel this game is becoming more and more unwelcoming. Or maybe its just me, what you all think?

    Edit: I forgot the matchmaking issues. Yeah that definitely takes the cake for the new players biggest struggle.

    I would argue that the Billy change along with the add on change lowered Billys skill ceiling. It made revving mindgames and loop curves way less viable. I still think it was unnecessary. Billy was always fine outside of insta saw. They didn't need to touch his base kit but new players have always cried that hes OP because they don't know how to play.

  • lol the self victimisation in this thread in incredible btw

  • This is the only game I played, where the killer is genuinely scared of the survivors.

  • @sQuAde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/213237/i-feel-like-dbd-has-been-scaring-off-new-killers

    "gave bad killers a chance to at least do decent."

    first of all, if you're doing bad you shouldn't deserve a kill in the first place. The mori nerf was a good change.

    Get rid of hatch and key then. If you are doing so bad you shouldn't be able to survive.

  • @bkn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1825378#Comment_1825378

    The toxicity in this game is caused by "survivor mains" that don´t even touch killer in x hundreds of hours of playing.

    I played like 50/50 with 1k hours each (solo survivor and mostly billy + nurse), and i was insulted in like 80% of my killer games, and got stalked for months on steam.

    When i played solo survivor i have almost never seen a killer that started some toxic bullshit in the chat. I really didnt...

    I am probably the most toxic killer player i know, up to a point where i got 2 temp ingame bans because I even started to find glitches to bully survivors due to the toxicity i faced.

    After my bans they immediately fixed these glitches within days, because they had video evidence. That should tell you something.

    Yep. Def the survivor mains. I have never been messaged by a killer at the end of a match but my chat is full of survivors, even when they all escape.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    The game is completely hostile to new killers, they're thrown against survivors with hundreds if not thousands of hours of playtime and who have all the good perks unlocked, while they're expected to take them on with what, wraith with monstrous shrine and bitter murmur? I switched to pc last month so I'm starting from scratch and there's no way I'd've stuck with it if I were actually new. Survivors in red and purple ranks right from the start, including smurf squads with one player on their rank 20 alt account. How many games like that will new killers endure? It's not even that there are no low rank survivors, because now I'm back to purple the game is giving me rank 15s, because of course it is.

    The game is also completely hostile to new survivors. They're thrown against killers with hundreds if not thousands of hours of playtime.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    lol the self victimisation in this thread in incredible btw

    This place hasn't changed at all. So many people with victim complexes.

  • Imagine Nightmare on Elm street with the kids bullying Freddy when they fall asleep.


    This is DBD right now

  • @Asqueado said:

    Imagine Nightmare on Elm street with the kids bullying Freddy when they fall asleep.

    This is DBD right now

    Guy, if you can’t 4k every game with pay to win Freddy the problem is not the game

  • @valvarez4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1828179#Comment_1828179

    Guy, if you can’t 4k every game with pay to win Freddy the problem is not the game

    I used Freddy as example because was the first movie that came to my mind, you can use Freddy, Jason,Chucky or any slasher and horror film icon being bullyed by the víctims

  • @SquirrelKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1815742#Comment_1815742

    Thats fair, oh by the way, DS BT DH and UB would like a word with you. After all if you are doing bad you shouldnt get the escape in the first place

    stop with the aboutism

    if you're doing bad, you will go against bad survivors and most of these survivors do not know how to use these perks efficiently

    DH is a joke atm, so its pretty funny that you wanna use it as an argument.

  • @Asqueado said:

    Imagine Nightmare on Elm street with the kids bullying Freddy when they fall asleep.

    This is DBD right now

    south park could nail that I bet

  • @sQuAde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1825313#Comment_1825313

    stop with the aboutism

    if you're doing bad, you will go against bad survivors and most of these survivors do not know how to use these perks efficiently

    DH is a joke atm, so its pretty funny that you wanna use it as an argument.

    I see an ism and I know it's gonna be something to save my time not reading.

  • @sQuAde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1825313#Comment_1825313

    stop with the aboutism

    if you're doing bad, you will go against bad survivors and most of these survivors do not know how to use these perks efficiently

    DH is a joke atm, so its pretty funny that you wanna use it as an argument.

    Not true with matchmaking in the current meta. Bad killers go up against good survivors all the time. I have been with red rank survivors in a lobby and gone up against not even green rank killers. Its a lot more common than you think.

    Also if DH is a joke why do so many survivors use it? 🤔

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1826163#Comment_1826163

    In other words, he plays like a survivor.

    Yeah, we can't have that. Can we?

    Survivors def have consequences for bad play.

  • Of course survivors get punished by bad plays. But then they have their safety net of BT, DS, Unbreakable and let's not forget 3 other teammates.

    A survivor mistake never weighs as much as a killer mistake.

  • I've only been a killer "main" in DBD for the last year or so. I play all killers but tend to like ones that are not considered "good" like Trapper (my main man). I always play to have fun and hope to make a fun game for the survivors.

    The amount of hate and toxic behavior I have seen in this game as killer is huge. Every day I sit down to play DBD I actively have to force myself to play killer. It's not fun. It's stressful and a bad time.

    So yah I am not surprised that new players/new killers get a bad taste in their mouth and leave the game.

  • @Skullgrind said:

    I've only been a killer "main" in DBD for the last year or so. I play all killers but tend to like ones that are not considered "good" like Trapper (my main man). I always play to have fun and hope to make a fun game for the survivors.

    The amount of hate and toxic behavior I have seen in this game as killer is huge. Every day I sit down to play DBD I actively have to force myself to play killer. It's not fun. It's stressful and a bad time.

    So yah I am not surprised that new players/new killers get a bad taste in their mouth and leave the game.

    Yes, I remember when I was a new Killer. It took about 2 matches before I got the nasty messages from survivors about how I wasn't "playing right".

  • @Skullgrind said:

    I've only been a killer "main" in DBD for the last year or so. I play all killers but tend to like ones that are not considered "good" like Trapper (my main man). I always play to have fun and hope to make a fun game for the survivors.

    The amount of hate and toxic behavior I have seen in this game as killer is huge. Every day I sit down to play DBD I actively have to force myself to play killer. It's not fun. It's stressful and a bad time.

    So yah I am not surprised that new players/new killers get a bad taste in their mouth and leave the game.

    Yeah and from the hundreds of hours I have played I have learned that your playstyle does little to change their toxic behavior.

    So just play how you want. Your a killer after all and what killer asks for advice from his victims. None to my knowledge. 🤔

  • @Tsulan said:

    Of course survivors get punished by bad plays. But then they have their safety net of BT, DS, Unbreakable and let's not forget 3 other teammates.

    A survivor mistake never weighs as much as a killer mistake.

    A survivor's a fourth of his team, a killer's his entire team.

    A killer mistake SHOULD weigh more than a survivor mistake.

1 2 ›