Freddy's getting tweaks B)

How we feelin' Freddy stans. Your precious killer is finally gonna get the nerf he needs 🤭🤭🤭

Comments

  • @Callmehandsome said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793855#Comment_1793855

    You definitely don't need 4 man death squat to beat average Freddy. I've beaten decent Freddys even in solo. He is quite annoying to go against as a solo survivor if he teleports to your gen when its like 95% and you cannot inform to your team to go finish it, then it keeps regressing as he chases you. Problem is when other survivors just give up and die on the hook, they aren't even trying to survive, so kill ratios will stay very high against him

    If the Freddy has Pop or run/undying one weak chaser will completely kill the match for the team, at least in my experience. I threw on repressed alliance and ruin/undying purely because I was getting small PP build freddies one after another.

  • One of the biggest mysteries to me is how people struggle so much against Freddy. He's legitimately carried by Ruin/Undying. Maybe an add on pass, but that's it.

  • Just gonna swap to stridor nurse like tf

  • I'm a little disappointed. I think it's nice to do well with a killer without needing to be an expert with them. Freddy is the killer I would use to complete simple perk challenges.

    I hope it's just something simple to stop snare spamming.

  • I've played 3 games with Freddy in the past day, and I've gotten 4 iridescent medals each time.

    I have no problem adapting to a reworked Freddy. I don't understand why he's getting looked at over Spirit, but kudos i guess.

  • I think it would be better if strong Freddy players were matched with stronger survivors. Given that better matchmaking is going to be implemented, then killers playing Freddy will have to face strong survivors, and it looks it would be balanced fine then. I don't believe that even strong swf teams or very experienced solos are having many problems countering Freddy's powers. People say that Freddy is braindead, but it's not always like that. Killer player needs to predict where to teleport (and waste much time in case he teleports to a wrong gen), needs to know how to position snares properly, and survivors can wake each other up.

    But anyways, it seems the decision is already made and this killer will be changed. Hopefully, the changes will not only make him weaker, but also he will remain as viable to killer players as he is now.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793848#Comment_1793848

    I would argue that only an organised SWF can beat a half decent Freddy if he commits to those cancerous stacked slowdown builds. Also taking the most boring part of DBD and extending it further (gens) isnt exactly fun to go against. The weirdest part is that freddy doesnt even need that slowdown. His snares cna be insanely strong when placed properly and he has free map wide mobility. I feel like most freddys are just sadists who want to troll.

    I wouldn't mind going against Freddy so much if they weren't generally such meta-slaves. Paintbrush, swing chains, or other slowdown add-ons, ruin undying tinkerer and an exciting 4th perk selected from a very limited list. Possibly an ebony as well because that default meg gave you a dirty look in the lobby. And let the esports commence

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793855#Comment_1793855

    I wouldn't mind going against Freddy so much if they weren't generally such meta-slaves. Paintbrush, swing chains, or other slowdown add-ons, ruin undying tinkerer and an exciting 4th perk selected from a very limited list. Possibly an ebony as well because that default meg gave you a dirty look in the lobby. And let the esports commence

    It feels like most freddies are just drawn to completely unnecessary slowdown because of his add ons. I still dont entirely understand why hes the only killer who still has add ons that affect gen speeds.

  • It's about time he is getting looked at. Way too much in one killer!

  • @lazerlight said:

    How we feelin' Freddy stans. Your precious killer is finally gonna get the nerf he needs 🤭🤭🤭

    the nerf is probably just extra time on the gen teleport also I dont think you want freddy to be nerfed because if he is nerfed then you going to see a lot more nurses and spirits

  • I don't think Freddy is too big of an issue IMO. He's strong, yes. He's easy, most definitely. However, He's really not in the need for changes. I think many other killers need changes more, like Clown, Wraith, Demo, Trapper, Legion (not a rework. Reverting some nerfs), Pig. Freddy is pretty low on the priority list.

    @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793306#Comment_1793306

    1 out of 100 Nurse matches ends in a 4k. Yeah, she destroys but that's that. You'll see her no more.

    I see Freddy's every other match, and he mostly always gets a 3-4k. Anyone who says Nurse needs a nerf is just really bad at the game and needs to git gud.

    Spirit on the other hands, Jesus Christ. She needs some serious tweaks to her power. And Nurse already got her nerfs, no one wants to play with the buggiest killer in the game.

    And no, Freddy isn't mid Tier. He's A+ Tier. Just because you don't see him at Rank 17 doesn't mean the Rank 1 survivors like myself don't see him every other match.

    I disagree with the Spirit thing. I personally believe that the only change Spirit needs is to remove her synergy with Stridor and make footsteps a constant while in Yamaoka's Haunting, but make it a bit more subtle. Other than that, she's perfect.

  • @the_new said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/210840/freddys-getting-tweaks-b

    the nerf is probably just extra time on the gen teleport also I dont think you want freddy to be nerfed because if he is nerfed then you going to see a lot more nurses and spirits

    Personally I think passive sleeping should go. Freddy currently gets rewarded for doing nothing while survivors are actively punished for trying to avoid it. It also picks the farthest possible alarm clock ensuring that you waste any time you might've saved. It's a bizarre design decision. I also think he should slow more when placing snares as they are infinite and easily spammable, aswell as literally being stronger than Clowns limited use projectile version.

  • lol i love people crying about him needing nerfs yet he is a tier

  • holy poop yall really went off huh. 🤭

  • Why does everyone keep saying Freddy's in "A tier at best" or "A+ tier" like that's a bad place to be?

    That is literally one spot below the best (assuming the Tier list in theory is on a S-F scale). I could understand if you guys were saying like B or C tier or something but A tier? Really?

    I'm gonna keep this short. In my opinion, Freddy is overly rewarded for little-to-no effort.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793347#Comment_1793347

    I'm a Nurse main myself, but I'm not the only killer playing killer in my region.

    How often do you go against the same survivors? I'm in Los Angeles, so the answer is almost never.

    EVER. So yeah, 1 out of 100 Matches.

    And no, she doesn't need a nerf after they remade her addons into meme addons and gave her a cooldown bar.

    You're a fake Nurse player, you're a fake killer main. Stop disguising yourself as a "Nurse Main" to try and get her nerfed.

    Jesus Christ, they're evolving..........

    Yikes, what did that man do to you? That's two unnecessary aggressive comments made for no other reason than just simply having a different opinion than you.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793354#Comment_1793354

    Yikes, what did that man do to you? That's two unnecessary aggressive comments made for no other reason than just simply having a different opinion than you.

    Aside from not fixing Nurse bugs, from nerfing her, adding a Cooldown bar no one asked for...the guy is asking for more Nurse nerfs.

    It's pretty offensive.

  • Good, he just has too much going for him. Fine tune one thing and remove another. Stuff like microsleep is absolutely unnecessary. Maybe putting a limit to his snares would be nice too. But I want him to stay powerful. Powerful but not a guaranteed win against solos (if the Freddy isn't some boosted idiot).

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1794549#Comment_1794549

    Aside from not fixing Nurse bugs, from nerfing her, adding a Cooldown bar no one asked for...the guy is asking for more Nurse nerfs.

    It's pretty offensive.

    Literally every killer in the game has bugs, so that's hardly worth bringing up lmao. Its not deep enough to legitimately attack this man for no reason.

  • I just hope they bring old Freddy back in some way

    (yes this is the obligatory Old Freddy comment on every Freddy thread)

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1794553#Comment_1794553

    Literally every killer in the game has bugs, so that's hardly worth bringing up lmao. Its not deep enough to legitimately attack this man for no reason.

    That was an attack?

    Oh boy....

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793473#Comment_1793473

    I'm a nurse main, she only has a low kill rate because she is hard to play. If you play her a lot, like i do, you have to TRY to not 4k. I literally can't remember the last time i didn't 4k as nurse.

    Only been playing a little over a month now and Nurse was my first Killer I started with. She was a slight struggle to get used to for a few games but it didn't take nearly as long to become proficient with her as many here claim. I had to move on to another Killer pretty quickly because the games felt far too easy to win, even with a completely non-meta perk loadout.

  • @Lyfe said:

    Why does everyone keep saying Freddy's in "A tier at best" or "A+ tier" like that's a bad place to be?

    That is literally one spot below the best (assuming the Tier list in theory is on a S-F scale). I could understand if you guys were saying like B or C tier or something but A tier? Really?

    I'm gonna keep this short. In my opinion, Freddy is overly rewarded for little-to-no effort.

    "Freddy is overly rewarded for little to no effort." Dont be afraid to say it. That is a fact, you don't have to protect yourself from those who disagree by saying it's your opinion. Freddy stans refuse to admit that what you said is factual.

    You can stand still for the whole match and still max out in deviousness if the survivors keep waking each other up. No movement speed reduction when placing traps or teleporting, no power cancelling cooldown before you can M1. Teleporting charges back up ludicrously fast. If you 99% the teleport but cancel, just wait a couple seconds and the bar is filled back up for you to teleport again. Clocks are automatically the farthest ones, waking eachother up will take longer the more times you do it....

    he has no penalty for using his power incorrectly. In fact, theres no incorrect way to use his power cuz it does everything for him.

  • Seems like a waste of time ngl. Freddy is good, but it's just that, good. So far the only thing I've seen people say is "I see Freddy all the time and it's Boooooring"


    And? I face Myers all the time and I find him to be boring as #########, but he sure as hell doesn't need a nerf. Plus the only thing the devs are going to do is make Freddy feel sluggish and call that a nerf.


    The devs could nerf spirit, or buff other killers, add new game mechanics, fix mori's and keys, but yeah no it's Freddy that needs the hammer

  • "Just because you don't see him at Rank 17" "You're a fake Nurse player, you're a fake killer main. Stop disguising yourself as a "Nurse Main" to try and get her nerfed."

    Yeah I'd say that's verbally attacking someone. Went 0 to 100 over an opposite opinion over the killer you main lmao

  • @lazerlight said:

    holy poop yall really went off huh. 🤭

    People are usually triggered by cringy topics.

  • As someone who is more or less a Freddy main these days when playing killer, I don't think it's surprising that there are nerfs inbound. He does everything a killer needs to do really well, all in his base kit without any help from add-ons or perks:

    • He has excellent global map pressure with his teleport, which is on a relatively short cooldown for how effective it is.
    • He finds people quickly and consistently due to his ability to spam his snares at key locations. You fire and forget, and survivors' locations just get revealed to you constantly throughout the match.
    • His traps also allow him to completely shut down loops with minimal effort and close gaps very quickly in chases.
    • His power set revolves around slowing down the match and inconveniencing survivors.
    • He lacks a "normal" terror radius, which helps him catch survivors off-guard and has all sorts of implications for stuff like Borrowed Time, etc.

    The most key thing about Freddy that makes this stuff absolutely overwhelming -- even for really good groups of survivors -- is that his skill floor is extremely low. Freddy does not have the finicky hard-read acclimation that killers like Nurse and Spirit demand; you don't have to work very hard, or even have an especially sharp game sense, to do well with him. You spam traps indiscriminately, teleport to gens, do some easy teleport fake-outs, and just generally never stop pressuring survivors. Pick some good perks that synergize well with Freddy's power set (like BBQ or Pop or Discordance), and myriad add-ons that make survivors' lives even harder, and he is just an unstoppable force.

    My money is on a longer teleport cooldown (when Freddy uses or cancels it), to force more careful consideration of how and when to use it, so that he can't just constantly be everywhere at once. Maybe the blood snare inventory drops by a couple traps.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793345#Comment_1793345

    We have no idea. Devs said he's gonna get changes, along with clown and Wraith. And Huntress and Demo are getting some tweaks too. Again, they've said very little about all of this so who knows what they mean.

    ...but, that being said, if you're a Freddy fan I wouldn't have high expectations because it will probably not be a good change overall lmao. He's likely gonna get nerfed in a lot of areas, but hopefully buffed in others to give him some defined strengths and weaknesses, because right now he doesn't have any imo which is the biggest thing that contributes to his snooze-factor on both sides.

    Agreed about Freddy. Old Freddy was focused. Current Freddy is a mish mash of obvious indecision as evidenced by add ons that completely change his power.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/210840/freddys-getting-tweaks-b

    Yay, the Upper mid tier killer at best is getting nerfed, but let's ignore Nurse and Spirit who actually are overpowered because they have low kill rates, yay.

    You do realize that nurse already was nerfed to take more skill right? They can't make her less powerful without completely doing away with her power. I highly doubt my Sally Slugson will ever be touched again.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793306#Comment_1793306

    1 out of 100 Nurse matches ends in a 4k. Yeah, she destroys but that's that. You'll see her no more.

    I see Freddy's every other match, and he mostly always gets a 3-4k. Anyone who says Nurse needs a nerf is just really bad at the game and needs to git gud.

    Spirit on the other hands, Jesus Christ. She needs some serious tweaks to her power. And Nurse already got her nerfs, no one wants to play with the buggiest killer in the game.

    And no, Freddy isn't mid Tier. He's A+ Tier. Just because you don't see him at Rank 17 doesn't mean the Rank 1 survivors like myself don't see him every other match.

    Lmao you said what had to be said.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793344#Comment_1793344

    I'm a nurse main, so 100 out of 100 Nurse matches ends in a 4k. Something being hard to play or rare is not a good balancing factor, she needs a nerf/rework.

    Lmao you aren't a nurse main if you're asking for nerfs to her. If you actually mained her you'd know that she is a balanced killer.

  • @MeneLaw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/210840/freddys-getting-tweaks-b

    Just so you know Freddy isnt gonna get a full rework probably they are reworking how borrow time works against him or something small at teleportation but dont worry all of those who complain about are just babys who doesnt know how to counter him. I hope yall who hate Freddy in future matches to get tryhards nurse, spirits and deathslinger moring first hook. 😘

    Or another try hard Freddy main like me lol

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793347#Comment_1793347

    Lmao you aren't a nurse main if you're asking for nerfs to her. If you actually mained her you'd know that she is a balanced killer.

    I'm a nurse main...


    https://dbd.onteh.net.au/playerstats/76561197966117171/


    • Uncloak attacks: 1,620
    • Chainsaw hits: 412
    • Blink attacks: 2,873
    • Phantasms triggered: 839
    • Evil Within tier ups: 151
    • Shocks: 2,768
    • Hatchets thrown: 2,766
    • Dream state: 1,272
    • Reverse bear traps placed: 514
    • Cages of atonement: 117
    • Lethal Rush hits: 489

    Used to play huntress a lot before i unlocked a bunch of DLC. And doctor was my BP farming character before i had all the perks unlocked on every killer. You can see i also dabble in wraith (usually troll builds).


    I probably play nurse in ~20-25% of my games, although with the new killer out i'm binging that (even though they are bad)

  • @lazerlight said:

    How we feelin' Freddy stans. Your precious killer is finally gonna get the nerf he needs 🤭🤭🤭

    Found the survivor main lmao

  • Personally I think Freddy is fine, however if we apply every gen regression perk to him and his double add-ons, he gets pretty boring to go against. I get it, the red rank gen rushers, but you need to think that not everyone is a gen rusher and those of us who are not, end paying with 2 mins on a single gen due to other survivor mistakes. I might say he needs some sort of buff to snares and dream pallets even. So the only progression is gen progression penalty and not itself, I mean, if we do use both add-ons then that's fine, now if we combine both add-ons with Thanatophobia, Dying light, and/or sloppy butcher, then it becomes a real pain to deal with. I get it, survivors with meta perks are also.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1795036#Comment_1795036

    I'm a nurse main...

    https://dbd.onteh.net.au/playerstats/76561197966117171/

    • Uncloak attacks: 1,620
    • Chainsaw hits: 412
    • Blink attacks: 2,873
    • Phantasms triggered: 839
    • Evil Within tier ups: 151
    • Shocks: 2,768
    • Hatchets thrown: 2,766
    • Dream state: 1,272
    • Reverse bear traps placed: 514
    • Cages of atonement: 117
    • Lethal Rush hits: 489

    Used to play huntress a lot before i unlocked a bunch of DLC. And doctor was my BP farming character before i had all the perks unlocked on every killer. You can see i also dabble in wraith (usually troll builds).

    I probably play nurse in ~20-25% of my games, although with the new killer out i'm binging that (even though they are bad)

    Um,what exactly is this? Is this some PC exclusive #########? I wouldn't know, I'm on ps4 and have never even TOUCHED a PC. Maybe on PC nurse needs a nerf, but on ps4 she's completely balanced since it takes more skill to play her on console than PC. (No offense, but console players have WAY more issues with the game, making nurse far more difficult than she ever will be on PC.) Nurse does not need any nerfs, right now she is balanced. And because she's difficult, no one ever plays her. Be honest, how many times have you been absolutely ######### on by a nurse? Your answer will be almost never, because most people play her once, get ######### on, and never touch her again. The only people who destroy with nurse are the people who put in thousands of hours playing her, and are more experienced than most people. That being said, saying that nurse is too powerful is like saying that skill doesn't matter at all. If you get ######### on by a good nurse, she was better than you and EARNED it. Calling her unbalanced just because she's powerful isn't even a valid argument, because that's like saying that survivor needs a huge nerf, because rank 1 survivor mains can easily destroy a rank 20 killer on their first game. If you go down to a nurse, you got outplayed, and you have no right to complain. Nurse is not too powerful, she just has the most potential out of every killer, and therefore she doesn't need nerfs.

  • 75% killrate is just too much man. I know that these stats are to be taken with a grain of salt and that they aren't... linear. That there are a lot of things to be taken into consideration. But you can't just ignore the numbers.

    It's not like what happens with Pig, who has high killrates because she has her own cult of Pig mains who slaughter you on sight because they have mastered her power to no end. Or like what happens with Nurse, that has the lowest killrate despite being the strongest killer in the game when in the right hands, precisely because she is hard to play and buggy as hell so most players who pick her up struggle for a long time.

    There is literally no reason for Freddy having a 75% killrate. Not even Spirit, another strong, easier to play than Nurse killer, has that high of a killrate! It's not like there are 10 Freddy mains in the world who keep his killrate high because no one else plays as him. Around 25% of my trials, I am matched against Freddy. It's by far the most popular killer in Brazilian servers, along with Spirit. Some nights almost half my survivor matches involve Freddy. There are people playing as him. 75% is just too much in a game that is (allegedly) balanced at 50%. There's no way around that number, unreliable as the stats may be sometimes.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1795036#Comment_1795036

    I'm a nurse main...

    https://dbd.onteh.net.au/playerstats/76561197966117171/

    • Uncloak attacks: 1,620
    • Chainsaw hits: 412
    • Blink attacks: 2,873
    • Phantasms triggered: 839
    • Evil Within tier ups: 151
    • Shocks: 2,768
    • Hatchets thrown: 2,766
    • Dream state: 1,272
    • Reverse bear traps placed: 514
    • Cages of atonement: 117
    • Lethal Rush hits: 489

    Used to play huntress a lot before i unlocked a bunch of DLC. And doctor was my BP farming character before i had all the perks unlocked on every killer. You can see i also dabble in wraith (usually troll builds).

    I probably play nurse in ~20-25% of my games, although with the new killer out i'm binging that (even though they are bad)

    yo pog!

  • im guessing you're triggered too since you called this a cringy topic 🤭

  • @the_new said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/210840/freddys-getting-tweaks-b

    the nerf is probably just extra time on the gen teleport also I dont think you want freddy to be nerfed because if he is nerfed then you going to see a lot more nurses and spirits

    good! that way they can get the precious stats they need in order to nerf THEM as well <3 The three of them need nerfs/counterability.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793855#Comment_1793855

    I wouldn't mind going against Freddy so much if they weren't generally such meta-slaves. Paintbrush, swing chains, or other slowdown add-ons, ruin undying tinkerer and an exciting 4th perk selected from a very limited list. Possibly an ebony as well because that default meg gave you a dirty look in the lobby. And let the esports commence

    dfgsdgfsdgf THE DEFAULT MEG 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/210840/freddys-getting-tweaks-b

    Yay, the Upper mid tier killer at best is getting nerfed, but let's ignore Nurse and Spirit who actually are overpowered because they have low kill rates, yay.

    all three of them need nerfs. at least with nurse you need a brain and Spirit has a decent power cooldown.

    I hate the three of them, but Freddy is the most annoying. Hand over the controller/mouse+keyboard to an 8 y/o and they'll be able to apply pressure.

  • Thank god. Hopefully his base kit won't be so overtuned.

  • @lazerlight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1794884#Comment_1794884

    im guessing you're triggered too since you called this a cringy topic 🤭

    I am providing the reason for your observation.

  • @lazerlight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1793306#Comment_1793306

    all three of them need nerfs. at least with nurse you need a brain and Spirit has a decent power cooldown.

    I hate the three of them, but Freddy is the most annoying. Hand over the controller/mouse+keyboard to an 8 y/o and they'll be able to apply pressure.

    That's a terrible comparison. An 8 year old is probably number 1 on the Fortnite leaderboards.

  • @lazerlight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1794333#Comment_1794333

    good! that way they can get the precious stats they need in order to nerf THEM as well <3 The three of them need nerfs/counterability.

    well nurse wont be nerfed then since her kill per game is lower then 2 so in your theory she will be buffed

  • Not gonna lie, Nurse is soooooo overrated.

  • I'm sorry you suck so bad.



    Wait no I'm not.


    No running in the hallways.

1 2 ›