Known issues with this chapter, a lovingly crafted list for your viewing pleasure ( 153 bugs now! )
(Here's the link to my second post, you can still comment bugs on this one, but they'll be added to the second list: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/210412/known-issues-with-this-chapter-2-electric-boogaloo/p1?new=1)
With victor
1. He can't pounce up any type of slope, doesn't matter how minor
2. He has the chance to fall through the ground
3. He has the chance to get stuck in the ground, where he shall remain for the rest of his days
4. Can now touch people in lockers, poor dwight mains.
5. Can be kidnapped for 45 seconds, and through hatch without a promise of child support income.
6. Can camp like a pro, he packed gear and everything.
7. Can float on a survivor he is attached to, same with Charlotte. Victor decided he was too cool for the ground, and ascended to a higher plane of existence to avoid it.
8. Victor is too lazy to stop survivors from leaving through the exit gate
9. Victor's killer instinct for dying people is inconsistent. Sometimes reveals those on a hook too.
10. Victor can get stuck in his falling animation, which can only be stopped by being kicked by survivors.
11. Idle animation is bugged in lobby
12. FOV can be stuck at 45°, same for charlotte.
13. Victor does not move corn or grass
14. If a survivor disconnects with victor on their back, victor disappears with them
15. Victor can be displaced during the mori, causing him to bite the air next to the survivor.
16. If insidious is taken victor is constantly undetectable.
17. Victor can participate in the kerbil space program.
18. Victor does not activate spinechill, sneaky little [BAD WORD]
19. After being kicked victor sometimes will slide away
20. If victor lands on an elevated plane he'll be unable to get off. Side not - survivors who attempt to kick him will float up into the air and kick him, then fall back down.
With Charlotte
1. Can have a black screen if you switch too fast, switch again to make it go away
2. Can get stuck in the ground like victor, at least they're together
3. Her power can be taken away for 45 seconds
4. Takes too long to wake up after playing victor, usually happens when switching quickly between the two.
5. Apparently can't get points from BBQ, bubba decided not to share any chili with the twins.
6. devout emblem is currently bugged, no adept twins for you buddy.
7. Purple cosmetic is locked as a set, despite trailer stating otherwise.
8. Spinning top addon doesn't make survivors drop their items
9. Switching between the two can sometimes cause you to get stuck in an animation loop.
10. When switching to charlotte there is a chance you'll move at fatigue speed for the rest of the match.
11. Charlotte can be displaced during her mori, making her kill the air next to the survivor.
12. Has a ribbon on the butcher knife that has clipping issues ( pretty minor, but whatever )
13. Landing a lunge will kill victor as if he were on top of an object for too long, even if he's on the ground.
With perks
1. Hoarder just straight up doesn't work ( apparently it sometimes does, but very inconsistently)
2. Deception has the chance to not work in high ping ( cries in ps4 )
3. Power struggle no longer works with flip flop, No free pallet stuns for you meghead.
4. Power struggle can cause you to become one with a pallet
5. Indicator for deathbound still happens, but no scream is heard
6. Spies from the shadows triggers when people are on hook... despite this issue being fixed a couple updates ago.
7. When oppression triggers a hard skill check, it replaces the one you're currently doing. Causing you to miss it, unless you have godlike reflexes.
With flashlights
1. Now has sway for some reason? Get better hands I guess??
2. Blinding angle is off, to compensate for this the killers eyes have been adjusted 5 feet to the left.
With hillbilly
1. Hillbillies chainsaw randomly overheats, guaranteed to happen when breaking a pallet with the chainsaw. Rev it to let it cool down.
With Legion
1. legion lost their movement speed in frenzy. Look for funny comment below.
2. Rumors state legion has a lunge range in frenzy as short as your [BAD WORD]
3. The mask now defines what gender the legions voice is.
4. They longer have increased field of view when in frenzy
With spirit
1. Survivors have partial collision, you can still run through them, but you'll wobble to the side first. Essentially acting as an indicator for when you're in a survivor.
With Oni
1. He no longer does the "sucking blood" animation when hitting a healthy survivor.
2. oni hears his 'blood fury ready' cue extremely loudly.
With deathslinger
1. Reeling in survivors at windows doesn't let you reel them in entirely, it'll stop after a certain point.
With pyramid head
1. From survivors POV pyramid head is sometimes dragging his sword through the ground, like when he uses his power.
2. You can be stuck with the dragging noise the entire match
With Leatherface
1. No longer receives movement speed boost from the chainsaw
2. Chainsaw revving noise can play indefinitely, rev again to stop it.
with demogorgon
1. Getting stunned in the middle of shred can cause you to move at shred speed for the rest of the game. (I.E the speed you move when you hold it)
2. Violet waxcap description is displaying file name instead of actual description
With plague
1. You continue to hear her whispers. even after corrupt purge has ended
With killers in general
1. 115% killers appear to be moving slower, so far it seems to be purely visual.
2. Killers with long coats get bunched up, apparently has been happening since 4.3.2
3. Sometimes killer chase music doesn't play, could be limited to legion.
4. trap killers can't place traps near the exit gate on reworked maps.
With Elodie Rakoto
1. She is LOUD on switch
2. Outfit description is glitched, occassionally displaying a random sequence of numbers and letters.
With Kate
1. Her Oktoberfest dress clips through lockers
With survivors in general
1. Some survivor animations appear blocky, good news is you can do a wierd little shuffle type movement.
2. Mending and waking up have no animation
3. the silent slug glitch is still in the game somehow
4. If killers have graphics on low they can see survivors in lockers when they enter the building the locker is in.
5. survivor hair and "dangly bits" can become comically large.
6. According to some, downed survivors can get sucked into lockers
With maps
1. A rock can spawn in front of a window in ormond. Vaulting the window will cause you to get stuck in the rock
2. In sanctum of wrath, if you drop survivors on the end of the shrine, they'll sometimes fall through
3. A rock can spawn in front of a hook in Ormond, preventing you from hooking there.
4. A rock can spawn next to yamaoka estate shack door, is a fat shaming spot for killers. Dwaynes really getting around these days.
5. Row of rocks on ormond can be climbed by everyone. If killer picks up a survivor on them they can't leave until they drop the survivor.
6. When phasing with spirit on ormond, some textures glitch out, getting an odd red glow.
7. Hooks seem to spawn much further away ( could only be in recently reworked maps, will have to wait for further information )
With totems
1. Sometimes hex totems look the same as dull totems
Miscellaneous
1. The usual framerate issues everyone has (it's been 2 years where is the optimization?)
2. Shack pallet on ormond can only be broken from inside the shack, most likely due to height difference between the inside and outside
3. Blood warden doesn't prevent survivors from leaving... again
4. Clown now has a delay between throwing a bottle and lunging. He could hit them, he just chooses not to.
5. Freddy can't place puddles in doorways
6. Mikey's chase music doesn't stop playing for a couple seconds after a survivor is downed.
7. Killer now hears survivor pov chase music, for those who have original chase music. Doesn't affect those where the track is the same on both ends.
8. Sometimes grass disappears at a distance
9. Nurses attack animation doesn't play occasionally, but the attack still occurs.
10. Apparently huntress's axes are flying in directions other than where you are looking. Sometimes as bad as 20° off
11. Survivors can sort of see their own scratch marks.
12. Multiple cases of desync, one with spending bloodpoints on the twins, another in a trial ( most likely dedicated servers )
13. Accidentally added in reworked description of clowns ether 5 vol% addon.
14. Gen counter forgets to count completed gens, but eventually catches up to itself.
15. 4th anniversary items no longer explode in confetti
16. Patch notes on xbox are glitched, occassionally display random sequences of numbers. (How ironic)
17. Occassional hit validation shenanigans.
18. Black ward doesn't preserve addons on the twins
19. Apparently any killer that would recieve movement speed increases now no longer receives them ( except blight, it's been reported on a couple killers )
20. Names not displayed in endgame screen, no score, no stats displayed either ( so far only reported on windows XP)
21. Endgame chat reportedly not working on windows XP
Total issue count: 153
( Some of these may have been present before the chapter dropped, I know for a fact at least two are)
This post has gotten too big for me to properly manage, I've made a second one under the title "known issues with this chapter: 2, electric boogaloo"
if any are still comments being posted in this one, I'll try my best to move them over to the second list.
Comments
Pls return the old flashlight and fix all these bugs. The game is just unplayable right now.
It's hard to tell if it's a bug or not. Especially because of the copious amount of unlisted flashlight changes in other updates
Not a new bug but have been getting the random "iron will" effect very often since the new patch, on myself and others
Bugs that need fixing:
Charlotte's shovel weapons have a ribbon that clips through her hand.
Upon landing a lunge, Victor will die as if he'd landed on something taller than him despite being on the ground.
When lunging over a pallet or window to hit an injured Survivor standing in front of it, Victor will be unable to move off the elevated plane and dies after finishing the cooldown.
If Victor lands on a pallet or window, Survivors can float up in the air to kick him.
In addition to no increase in movement speed, Legion's field-of-view increase when in Frenzy is absent.
If you switch to Victor and then switch back to Charlotte immediately after, waking her up will take longer.
When in the main menu, Victor will rotate inside of Charlotte when they hold hands.
Intentional things that need fixing:
Victor can be kicked after downing someone.
Also, I want to point out:
This is not true. Victor reveals dying Survivors just fine, but only when they're moving, just like healthy or injured Survivors.
I'm surprised that hasn't been patched out of the game, considering how long it's been a bug.
Alright, they'll be added to the list
Love is a complicated thing, and a labour of love even more so
Bro what was your build? It sounds good.
Oh it's you, you make legion look fun
Is Wraith bugged?
I played some games with the Yellow Clapper and Mangled Add-On....People were able to get a tile and a half away before I ever uncloaked ( he slowed wayyyyyyyyyyyyy down).
It was literally like facing unlimited Sprint Bursts @_@
A lot of Killers with movement abilities are bugged to stay at 4.6m/s, maybe thats what happened to Wraith too? I know Legion has it, I've hear the same for Demo's Shred and a few others.
I just saw somebody get sucked into a locker in Midwich. I downed the person, went for another one and when I came back she was on the floor, inside the locker. I could see their aura and another survivor was even able to get into that same locker...never saw anything like that before.
I looked at this thread this morning when it was at something like 51 bugs.... JFC.
What a train wreck.
Killer:
Does it count when they enabled hit validation and took it off a few hours later? LMFAO
did anyone mention that Victor can slide away during his “dying” animation?
90 bugs...add this new record in the 5 anniversary live stream !
Not sure if it was mentioned before but: Shack pallet on Sheltered Woods can't be broken from outside.
Never seen bugs like this, but I was playing against hag and got hooked and suddenly I watched myself floating around in the air and then on the ground. Sometimes only my legs was sticking up from ground. It said I was down because the health bar was there and I got confused so tried to heal but then is said I was unhooking so I was still hooked. When I was unhooked I could not see my character (Felix) at all it was all FPS mood but camera was higher like I was 3 meters tall. Never seen such a thing in DBD lol.
It would be nice if the devs actually acknowledged this.
Just spent 30 mins practicing flashlights. The sway is horrible!! I swear it just decides to swing into random directions for no reason.
They haven't acknowledged much of anything these past couple of updates.
They barely even gave a response to the Halloween event beyond "we're looking into it"
The Update Broke the game... game chat no longer works, cant see player names at ALL. Cant add friends anymore, cant even see stats after match is over... Please fix the Windows Store Version!
Unless somethings changed about it recently, isn't PH's audio bug able to be "fixed" by tapping his power button to quickly cycle in and out of Rites of Judgement? From what I understood, it was also activated anytime that his Punishment attack was used.
Whoever allowed this patch to come out needs to be fired.
In my last match someone played as Elodie Rakoto, while their name during/after match displayed "Feng Ming".
I was afk before it began because I got sick, so I am unsure if that also happens around the campfire.
Yeah, so far I've listed 100 bugs.
Hag traps in autoheaven's basement sometimes won't work.
I don't know if anyone's mentioned it but that Spies from the Shadows bug has been around for a long time. In fact ever since I started using it it's had that "feature"
I have one.
When you hook 4 Survivors or less I'm not sure, the Entity Sacrifice Sound Effects will overlap and become really loud.
https://twitter.com/Stielhund/status/1334301452911702016?s=19
I was able to hit flashlight saves at 4am while drunk before this update. Now I can't even hit simple ones. I aim perfect then it starts moving awkwardly. Also the beam doesn't fully close anymore so I can't tell how close I am to actually getting a blind.
I swear someone at behaviour is just doing this to troll the community.
If you swap to Victor the exact moment he dies, you will stay as Charlotte but lose the ability to take any actions whatsoever for the remainder of the trial.
+1 for the killer shack pallete bug, this just happened to me. Someone pulled the pallete going INTO the shack, I couldn't break it. I went round and somehow still got the down by entering the other door, the pallete was breakable from within the shack.
Some other issues I've seen since logging on today, all related to the UI (I'm on Windows Store/Xbox Game pass):
And, they don't stop comin', and they don't stop comin'.
This post right here is why I'll never be stupid enough to vote for DBD to get the Labor of Love award, no matter how much they whine for votes.
We've already reached 100 bugs, but even more keep being posted in the comments.
How this made it past internal testing is beyond me
It's honestly quite sad that the devs pushed this patch out the way it was, this is beyond ridiculous, it been 4 and a half years how is this still happening. I genuinely believe this has been the buggiest patch in this game's history.
Another bug here, demo, if you shred a pallet sometimes you will hear two pallets break in ormond, this happened to me in both matches I played him.
This is the longest list of problems with one killer I have ever seen
It looks like it's only going to get longer.
These'll be added soon, currently eating dinner
New Bug:
Sometimes survivors are able to see their own scratchmarks while not using Fixated.
I wonder how long it'll take for all bugs to be found, this list is getting really long
The Devout bug is only with the Twins, right? No one's experienced it with other Killers? I'm going to go for Adept Freddy on PS5 and want to make sure I'm not wasting time and putting myself through hell for no reason.
Someone at BHVR wakes up and goes "hmm, how can we screw over flashlight users today?" That has to be the explanation, they've changed way too many times for it not be.
Thank you for coming to me and telling me about your post. This is great and the devs need to take a long look at this lol
Oh and ps....
Nurses blinks still have an audio and visual glitch from time to time ;)
So far I'm hearing that it occassionally happens on twins.
Feel free to do it on any other killer
Deathslinger’s chain reeling sound can sometimes play indefinitely too
And sometimes when the killer hooks someone the survivor vanishes from the hook and floats on the killer’s back/shoulders
I don't think this list is ever going to stop growing
I mori'd someone as the Twins and the animation played (completely bugged tho) and then the survivor was not killed. during the animation I lost my head. The survivor said they could still walk around but not vault stuff while being mori'd. The second time I mori'd them it actually killed them.
Before the patch when the animation for waking someone up was bugged healthy survivors would make injured noises when another survivor would wake them up. After the patch not only do you get the clap/snap sounds when waking someone up they also still make crying/injured noises. Plenty of noise for Freddy to find you.
Hey you guys are doing FIT and UAT testing for them, BHVR much appreciates this as it saves them money.
Kinda like when companies have contests for the public create ads for them, publicity combined with a marketing budget save.