Thanks for destroy ormond

There is nothing to do, the map is empty, there are no pallets and the few that there are are unsafe

Comments

  • @Rivyn said:

    I haven't seen anybody point it out, but isn't it just so bright? Not base, but once a gen in the area is popped, it becomes a spotlight. Get a series of gens in one area going, and you have the sun.

    IMO it is also too bright at base. Was something I already pointed out when the PTB went live, because old Ormond was also too bright for me, so I was looking forward to the visual Rework, just to see it got even brighter.


    @Topic:

    Now that I have played on Ormond, it did not look terribel when it comes to Pallets. I have seen one deadzone, but I dont know if there was a Pallet earlier.

    Autohaven on the other hand can spawn with HUGE Deadzones. Devs might made Resting Place even more killer-sided.

  • Well, just played the map as survivor, and it seemed very good to me. run smoothly, and i didnt have any issues with too few pallets, they seemed just fine to me.

    But i really have to test the map as killer. I am colorblind, and ormond was the worst map there is. I couldnΒ΄t see auras , not even gens or hooks on that map. But a lot of the map reworkes made the auras clear enough for me to see without filter, so i hope the same is true for ormond.

    Even though i still have a problem with blood and scratch marks, not even seening gens where the worst.

  • Ormond is actually somewhat fun to play now. I've gotten it a couple of times (only as survivor) and while there is usually 1 side that's a complete deadzone because... Uh, yeah, I don't know why there's always a dead side, but other than that it's actually pretty good. The pallets are spaced nicely, the main building isn't a bully simulator, Trapper has gotten a pretty sweet buff, and the pallets are now unsafe (in the sense that they are playable).

  • New Ormond is actually amazing but admittedly as a Nurse player I found myself getting snagged on random objects at ankle height. I'll adapt to it but overall Ormond is looking good and no longer a map I'll consider AFK'ing on. Prior on Ormond I'd just let the survivors zip through gens willingly and just open the gates. Hated that map so much.

  • @Dustin said:

    New Ormond is actually amazing but admittedly as a Nurse player I found myself getting snagged on random objects at ankle height. I'll adapt to it but overall Ormond is looking good and no longer a map I'll consider AFK'ing on. Prior on Ormond I'd just let the survivors zip through gens willingly and just open the gates. Hated that map so much.

    Blink hitboxes have always been weird in that map, especially on rocks and other filler stuff. Is it still the case?

  • @Pepsidot said:

    The big difference I've noticed is the FPS improvements on that map. Huge.

    Better fps or worse?

  • As Survivor at least, much better. I play at low settings and have been getting around 100-120 fps.

    Before, I'd get about 60-100.

    I'd say this is very good FPS for an ageing graphics card (GTX 1070). More FPS is much better than visual improvements IMO, but they've seemed to somehow do both of these things.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1785625#Comment_1785625

    Are you the blight we "bullyed" Yesterday on old Ormond?

    (It's me one of the 3 Claud's and the 1 Legend Tapp)

    Hahaha nope, though luck mate.

    Still never played as Blight on ormond, played on every other map especially a lot of the temple mostly.

    And never been bullied and it won't happen either πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    Now we just need them to destroy haddonfield and dbd will be better.

    Haddonfield is currently bugged, welcome infinites again hopefully you get removed soon.

    What's the bug?

  • @sulaiman said:

    Well, just played the map as survivor, and it seemed very good to me. run smoothly, and i didnt have any issues with too few pallets, they seemed just fine to me.

    But i really have to test the map as killer. I am colorblind, and ormond was the worst map there is. I couldnΒ΄t see auras , not even gens or hooks on that map. But a lot of the map reworkes made the auras clear enough for me to see without filter, so i hope the same is true for ormond.

    Even though i still have a problem with blood and scratch marks, not even seening gens where the worst.

    Aw, that must suck. I know hoe you feel, on a lesser level. I swear the scratch marks are popping in and I run right by them. I turn around and then I see them, too late their at another pallet.

    Also the argument the devs provide is stupid. Scratch Marks are meant to be visible so it doesn't matter if non-colorblind players use it. Stick up for ya self! :)

  • @Pepsidot said:

    The big difference I've noticed is the FPS improvements on that map. Huge.

    I figured I'd play the new killers on Xbox the other day after a break and I agree.

    I even stopped to swing a lot just to see how smooth it is.

  • I played on Ormond with ghost face, I never played him before and my brother challenged me to play someone I haven't yet, Ormond looked a little different to me but I didn't really notice that until I easily hooked every survivor

  • Are you seriously upset that there aren't 6 thousand pallets anymore?

  • @akumaks13 said:

    There is nothing to do, the map is empty, there are no pallets and the few that there are are unsafe

    No it's Hawkins map

  • Oh no. I lost my long wall jungle gym connected to shack connected to an L/T wall connected a long short wall connected to another long wall. I actually have to preserve pallets and play smart? What ever will I do?

    I like the new Ormond update. You actually have to play with a brain as survivor now and not have the entire map as a connected loop.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1787810#Comment_1787810

    Hahaha nope, though luck mate.

    Still never played as Blight on ormond, played on every other map especially a lot of the temple mostly.

    And never been bullied and it won't happen either πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

    I was sure you are the "Rank 1" Blight with Ruin undying Tinkerer. The feeling after we won was so... GOOD.

    And yes he deserve it because he played this OP and fun Killing perk Combo.

    Even better then looking Shrek 2 tbh.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Nah, don't worry, you can still burn those Strode Keys if you want easy games.

    You mean my favorit map :3 do you?

  • Man, I can't wait until Haddonfield is reworked.

    Straight up, ######### that map.

  • @akumaks13 said:

    There is nothing to do, the map is empty, there are no pallets and the few that there are are unsafe

    Least it is not as laggy as before. Yeah - on the redone maps (just played Azarov's) and there are many wide open spaces and dead zones now.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788544#Comment_1788544

    Man, I can't wait until Haddonfield is reworked.

    Straight up, ######### that map.

    Haddonfield is the only survivor sided map in this game now, every other map is a dead zone or straight Killer sided. And you say "Devs Pls Nerf ". Wow...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788544#Comment_1788544

    I don't really care about it because I'm a Nurse main and I can just blink on top of your ass.

    Nurse is overrated she is only a B Tier Killer against me.

  • Did a moderator really remove my comment? That is so pathetic, it wasn't anything malicious lmfao

  • Ormond is a desert with a house in the middle.
    
    
    
    macmillan, springwood, yamaoka were good reworks, but this....
    ο»Ώ
    


  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788560#Comment_1788560

    Haddonfield is the only survivor sided map in this game now, every other map is a dead zone or straight Killer sided. And you say "Devs Pls Nerf ". Wow...

    That is false. Crotus Penn is hell for killers. There is a difference between Survivor sided and "so broken most killers DC or give up the second they get it".

    Besides, I'm not asking - it's basically confirmed. Unless the license holder for Haddonfield says otherwise, it will get reworked. It's an old map, one of the oldest in the game at this point.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    Oh no what am I going to do now?

    I don't have a ######### load of pallets anymore and can't mindlessly throw pallets down everytime.

    This is so terrible that they made the map more balanced now, cause we don't want that.

    We want to be in control and bully the killer all game and letting know how trash they are while we are gods, even though the map was so broken.

    But we're not saying that πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    you are straw manning

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788106#Comment_1788106

    I was sure you are the "Rank 1" Blight with Ruin undying Tinkerer. The feeling after we won was so... GOOD.

    And yes he deserve it because he played this OP and fun Killing perk Combo.

    Even better then looking Shrek 2 tbh.

    If you are so sure it was me then please do tell me on which platform it was? πŸ˜‰


    Btw there is also another flaw in your comment but I'll tell you after your answer

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788543#Comment_1788543

    If you are so sure it was me then please do tell me on which platform it was? πŸ˜‰

    Btw there is also another flaw in your comment but I'll tell you after your answer

    I'm on Pc

  • I got to play on Ormond a few times last night and it's honestly not that bad.

  • No not this time she is realy overrated. I mean a nurse can't down you when your on sheck, A Spirit and Freddy can.

  • Yup and that is flaw #2

    1. I play on ps4 with crossplay disabled.

    And 2. I don't use tinkerer on Blight.

    So again mate tough luck mare, we never met as I allready expect.

    Btw you have a bigger chance seeing me as wraith than Blight tho πŸ˜‰

    Oh and when i came home there was no old Ormond anymore yesterday and I only played as survivor on ormond yesterday πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

    But i loved the try tho

  • @8_regret said:

    This is so sad can we get 1000 likes

    make sure to subscribe with notifications on!

  • lol I am what?

    Sorry English isn't my native tongue and haven't heard what you said before

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788605#Comment_1788605

    That is false. Crotus Penn is hell for killers. There is a difference between Survivor sided and "so broken most killers DC or give up the second they get it".

    Besides, I'm not asking - it's basically confirmed. Unless the license holder for Haddonfield says otherwise, it will get reworked. It's an old map, one of the oldest in the game at this point.

    Every Killer who DC on Haddonfield shows that they only want esay games. And as long that map diden't get the "rework" I will use a Haddonfield or coldwind offering every game.

  • Ok now I've actually played new ormond a bunch of times on both sides I like it. Seems pretty balanced and it's a lot prettier, still feels larger than it actually is. Love the wind and snow effects. Scratchmarks are even worse tho :/ Death of old ormond is the best thing to come out of this patch.

    Edit: I also christened new ormond by getting adept cum goblin there

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788635#Comment_1788635

    Yup and that is flaw #2

    1. I play on ps4 with crossplay disabled.

    And 2. I don't use tinkerer on Blight.

    So again mate tough luck mare, we never met as I allready expect.

    Btw you have a bigger chance seeing me as wraith than Blight tho πŸ˜‰

    Oh and when i came home there was no old Ormond anymore yesterday and I only played as survivor on ormond yesterday πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

    But i loved the try tho

    OK Mister master Wraith. :3

    Oh and btw on Windows Store you could still play old Ormond ;)

  • @dezzmont said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1787369#Comment_1787369

    There is such a comical overabundance of survivors. So we aren't at risk of that.

    There are a LOT of survivor sided maps, and there is still a single map realm that survivors can force. Its just wild to think that survivors will quit en-mass because they have to DOWNGRADE to Haddonfield or Farms.

    If your solo, large maps actually are good because solos should be avoiding being the looper and should focus a bit more on stealth (Not going full immersed obviously, but trying to hide when the killer is near rather than starting a chase) so they can ensure they aren't the first on the hook and maintain control of the game.

    SWF who want to loop... have map control. So you don't have a chance to get sent to Ormond unless the killer burns a map ward, or uses an Ormond offering themselves, meaning you still have a great chance for your preferred map because you outnumber them.

    Ormond was actually a problem for the killer population. It was a negative and the fact it was by far the favored map offering indicated a huge issue in balance. And it isn't even just survivor sided, it was the worst kind of survivor sided where you had the worst of all worlds: a large map, a powerful and huge central building, lots of safes of both the high wall (So ranged and stalker killers could be screwed) and low wall (so you can't be mindgamed if it isn't a huntress, slinger, myers, or ghostface) types.

    There was something learned about map design with Ormond: A larger map should NOT mean more pallets evenly distributed, because pallet distance while relevant isn't as critical as pallet count, and large maps inherently are survivor sided because of longer gen patrol times and a harder time tri-genning. So you balance a large map by cutting it into smaller chunks, which means deliberate deadzones around safe areas, so that resources are sorta sectioned off. Another option is to increase the number of unsafe pallets that can buy a single hit and distribute them around evenly, but reduce safes so that you burn resources faster, but that would maintain the old problem where you can just get sent on a grand tour of loops on Ormond and lots of pallets are frustrating for rookie killers (who should not be balanced around, but who DO matter and choices that reduce their NPE are good for the game).

    Ormond is better because it rewards a different style of play while still having clear advantages for survivors (You ever manage to succesfuly do a stealth run vs Doc with all 4 living in a solo game? Happened in Ormond literally today to me, it was a miracle half the survivors didn't even have madness 1 at purple ranks!) but isn't just a miserable experience for killers anymore. There is a clear upside and downside for both sides, meaning the map is fair, but still heavily affects the game compared to going to say... the Estates, or Farm.

    Which obviously means it isn't good enough for survivors because they can still force an unfair map, but hey its progress.

    If anyone is having a stealth game vs your doctor, absolutely nothing is to blame but you. Dr can shock half a map, whispers tells you where to land to let off that huge shock, didn't get anyone? Check the lockers. Sounds like you run a monitor and abuse Dr and are upset you couldn't stealth back. Dr isn't a stealth killer and if you want him to be, no one is going mad.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788645#Comment_1788645

    OK Mister master Wraith. :3

    Oh and btw on Windows Store you could still play old Ormond ;)

    Again I am not on pc mister.

    It is ok I know you only read what you want tho. πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ€˜

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788672#Comment_1788672

    Again I am not on pc mister.

    It is ok I know you only read what you want tho. πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ€˜

    I diden't even sayed ones that you on PC -_- are you OK? Should I call a doctor for you? You are a wierd thing?

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788679#Comment_1788679

    I diden't even sayed ones that you on PC -_- are you OK? Should I call a doctor for you? You are a wierd thing?

    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    I really love your effort you put into it πŸ˜‚

    "I played and bullied you as Blight on old Ormond"

    "you played ruin, undying Tinkerer"

    "I play on pc"


    And after I letting you know I play on ps4 with no crossplay enabled, you bring up you can still play old Ormond on Windows Store πŸ˜‚πŸ€”

    Not sure but you're implying I play on pc, cause why else bring this up as it has no value to our conversation? πŸ˜‚

    Like I said I really love your effort you put into.

    But love along now, sho sho πŸ˜‚

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1785489#Comment_1785489

    Is it fair, though? I haven't played it yet so I have no opinion, but the complaints are talking about an empty map with a few unsafe pallets. I've seen screenshots of what appear to be massive dead zones in other posts too.

    It is fair indeed.

    Tho i played 1 game as survivor, it was fun and was still able to chain a couple of safe and unsafe pallets together.

    But there isn't a safe pallet into a safe pallet into a safe pallet into..... Well you get the point πŸ˜‚

  • I mean it needed it, Bigger map? fewer pallets, that seems fair to me

  • @StrickxNyne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1787716#Comment_1787716

    If anyone is having a stealth game vs your doctor, absolutely nothing is to blame but you. Dr can shock half a map, whispers tells you where to land to let off that huge shock, didn't get anyone? Check the lockers. Sounds like you run a monitor and abuse Dr and are upset you couldn't stealth back. Dr isn't a stealth killer and if you want him to be, no one is going mad.

    Yeah, and if you're still having issues with lockers player Locker Doctor: Iron Maiden, BBQ, Whispers, and Pop or Brutal; for add-ons run a Calm and literally any other add-on.

    Calm increases terror radius when your AoE is ready to be used, Whispers for obvious reasons, Iron Maiden so if they think hiding is a good idea they expose themselves anyway, BBQ for the BP and to know where to go after a hook (this can be swapped for something else since whispers is in play, I just love bonus BP), Pop for gen regression but it's not really needed if you keep them in madness 3 often enough, Brutal for the pre drop pallets/when you mistime shocks to prevent the pallet drop.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1785489#Comment_1785489

    Is it fair, though? I haven't played it yet so I have no opinion, but the complaints are talking about an empty map with a few unsafe pallets. I've seen screenshots of what appear to be massive dead zones in other posts too.

    It’s really not that bad. People are being over dramatic as always. There are pallets and jungle gyms on the map and all of the pallets I saw are definitely playable. You just have to think and loop a bit before throwing down pallets now, compared to old Ormond where you could insta throw 5 pallets and since have tons left.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1785489#Comment_1785489

    Is it fair, though? I haven't played it yet so I have no opinion, but the complaints are talking about an empty map with a few unsafe pallets. I've seen screenshots of what appear to be massive dead zones in other posts too.

    At least the few survivor games on Ormond I played I never felt like I didn't have things to work with.

    Also old ormond had dead zones too. People tend to forget about those dead zones, because 70% of the map was super safe pallets linked together.

  • @StrickxNyne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1787716#Comment_1787716

    If anyone is having a stealth game vs your doctor, absolutely nothing is to blame but you. Dr can shock half a map, whispers tells you where to land to let off that huge shock, didn't get anyone? Check the lockers. Sounds like you run a monitor and abuse Dr and are upset you couldn't stealth back. Dr isn't a stealth killer and if you want him to be, no one is going mad.

    I was the survivor in this game. One of the two he never found.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788698#Comment_1788698

    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    I really love your effort you put into it πŸ˜‚

    "I played and bullied you as Blight on old Ormond"

    "you played ruin, undying Tinkerer"

    "I play on pc"

    And after I letting you know I play on ps4 with no crossplay enabled, you bring up you can still play old Ormond on Windows Store πŸ˜‚πŸ€”

    Not sure but you're implying I play on pc, cause why else bring this up as it has no value to our conversation? πŸ˜‚

    Like I said I really love your effort you put into.

    But love along now, sho sho πŸ˜‚

    Omg... (Face Palm)

    You are Joke realy everything about you bring me to laugh xD

    You realy need a doctor

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788727#Comment_1788727

    Omg... (Face Palm)

    You are Joke realy everything about you bring me to laugh xD

    You realy need a doctor

    Yeah from time to time I do play doctor.

    So thanks but I don't really need him as I allready have him πŸ˜‚

  • @Aven_Fallen I mean, I don't mind the base level of brightness. I actually like that. Foggy days are one of my favorites, so that translates here. Good change of pace from the normal dark atmosphere.

    It's just the completed generators lights that are blinding.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788625#Comment_1788625

    lol I am what?

    Sorry English isn't my native tongue and haven't heard what you said before

    Your English is great! But if you're curious: It's a type of argument. A bad/unfair one, where instead of actually discussing the argument fairly, you take their points out of context, strip them down into something that is more easily argued against, and then argue against THOSE much more vulnerable points instead of the ones they're actually trying to make.

  • Agreed. I don't understand how some people can possibly enjoy the new ormond. It's literally impossible to do anything there as survivor, loops are gone and there's a giant dead zone for no reason. The map is way too bright so stealth is out of the question too. I guess.. genrush if you can? As killer, it feels so bad to down a survivor just because there was nowhere to go and nothing they could've done. Yay, very exciting.

    I played 7 games there as killer today, and didn't even get to mindgame or have a real chase, and i was playing pig. It doesn't feel fair or skillful win as killer at all, and it's just unfun.

    Ormond needed a change but this didn't fix it, it just turned the problem other way around and also made it way worse. Auras and scratch marks are still broken as well, there's everything wrong with ormond now.