I can't even mori with Devour Hope...

Ok, if I bring in a pink mori and mori people on third hook, they still DC before the game starts and I have to wait another 15 minutes for a match...

And now, with my main (Trapper), I thought about bringging Devour Hope with my build. Well. people DC as soon as they see they can't break my Hex and they're getting moried...

Nothing ever satisfies survivors... It doesn't matter if I don't camp nor tunnel or if I do mori instead of third hook...

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I've seen it happen with Obsessions when Rancor is used. I will never understand what makes getting mori'd worse than dying on hook, its just a different death animation.

  • @Komi said:

    I've seen it happen with Obsessions when Rancor is used. I will never understand what makes getting mori'd worse than dying on hook, its just a different death animation.

    Because you can be mori'd after one hook so it removes a massive chunk of the game

  • Ebony's and Ivory's should be changed. But Devour Hope and Rancor are fine. And considering you at least waited till third hook was nice.

  • So does this mean you won't do it anymore then?

    🤭

  • @Boss said:

    So does this mean you won't do it anymore then?

    🤭

    LMAO! NO @Boss ! This means I hate DCers, hehehehe. I adore Mori animations! I even play them fairly! But no! DC after DC

  • I never DC but moris are garbage. Same with keys. They both need reworked.

  • @Wizardoffun said:

    I never DC but moris are garbage. Same with keys. They both need reworked.

    But come on, as I used them? On third hook no tunneling, and still a DC?

  • @Komi said:

    I've seen it happen with Obsessions when Rancor is used. I will never understand what makes getting mori'd worse than dying on hook, its just a different death animation.

    Especially that late in the game and losing all those BP.

    I’ve had people DC in the exit gate just because they weren’t close enough to immediately exit upon being downed while t-bagging, and I’m able to actually pick them up instead.

    Like why?

    That late in the game why incur a DC penalty?

  • @Carlosylu said:

    Ok, if I bring in a pink mori and mori people on third hook, they still DC before the game starts and I have to wait another 15 minutes for a match...

    And now, with my main (Trapper), I thought about bringging Devour Hope with my build. Well. people DC as soon as they see they can't break my Hex and they're getting moried...

    Nothing ever satisfies survivors... It doesn't matter if I don't camp nor tunnel or if I do mori instead of third hook...

    you wait 15 minutes for a match? im a console gamer and even on late nights when not as many people playing i wait at most 5 minutes. I run devour hope almost every time i play killer because I find it to be more entertaining and a way to make me not camp on hook. i have to get put of range for my stack. rarely see dcs because of the penalty. look at it this way, your making them dc, forcing a penalty on then. Thats even better than a mori. you moried them so hard they got a time out

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1747125#Comment_1747125

    Especially that late in the game and losing all those BP.

    I’ve had people DC in the exit gate just because they weren’t close enough to immediately exit upon being downed while t-bagging, and I’m able to actually pick them up instead.

    Like why?

    That late in the game why incur a DC penalty?

    Because dcing is a good way to Ruin ppls pips it shoudnt be but hey god forbid you make an Comeback or. Punish there fault instead of just accepting it they use there super power of entitled rage and bam what could be maybe a Ruthless is now a brutal because you didn't hook them technically.

    Best thing that needs to do be done is

    A. A devour hope / rancor special mori scoring event... A mori caused by theese perks should count as a hook state. Imo (note theese perks not myers add ons or mori offerings)

    B. Consider the mobile approach to dcs aka ai takes over and dcer doesn't get to keep his items add ons eben6of a black / white ward equipped.

  • @Komi said:

    I've seen it happen with Obsessions when Rancor is used. I will never understand what makes getting mori'd worse than dying on hook, its just a different death animation.

    Most of the time to get out of a game you have to be downed, hooked, downed, hooked, downed, hooked. That's six steps. With a mori, you have to be downed, hooked, and downed. Only three. While I'm sure there are some killers who only use moris on the third hook, the vast majority tunnel each person out of the game as soon as they can. That's not "just a different death animation."

  • @Poiblazer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/205792/i-cant-even-mori-with-devour-hope

    you wait 15 minutes for a match? im a console gamer and even on late nights when not as many people playing i wait at most 5 minutes. I run devour hope almost every time i play killer because I find it to be more entertaining and a way to make me not camp on hook. i have to get put of range for my stack. rarely see dcs because of the penalty. look at it this way, your making them dc, forcing a penalty on then. Thats even better than a mori. you moried them so hard they got a time out

    I play on console and I waited 15 minutes the other day before I quit and played another game entirely.

  • @Wizardoffun said:

    I never DC but moris are garbage. Same with keys. They both need reworked.

    There are far far far more game breaking ebony moris than keys.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    Ok, if I bring in a pink mori and mori people on third hook, they still DC before the game starts and I have to wait another 15 minutes for a match...

    And now, with my main (Trapper), I thought about bringging Devour Hope with my build. Well. people DC as soon as they see they can't break my Hex and they're getting moried...

    Nothing ever satisfies survivors... It doesn't matter if I don't camp nor tunnel or if I do mori instead of third hook...

    Who cares what they think? Kill anyone in anyway you want, and laugh at those who get mad.

  • Killer that thinks bringing a Mori or making Devour Hope impossible to break entitles them to a Mori.

    lol

    Survivor wants to leave for a match not riddled with cheese and sweat that's their prerogative.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    Ok, if I bring in a pink mori and mori people on third hook, they still DC before the game starts and I have to wait another 15 minutes for a match...

    And now, with my main (Trapper), I thought about bringging Devour Hope with my build. Well. people DC as soon as they see they can't break my Hex and they're getting moried...

    Nothing ever satisfies survivors... It doesn't matter if I don't camp nor tunnel or if I do mori instead of third hook...

    What build are you running with Devour Hope btw?


    I only really feel confident running Devour Hope as part of a totem defense build (Thrill Of The Hunt, Undying, Haunted Grounds, Devour Hope) to try and put all my eggs in one basket hoping I can hit 5 stacks.

  • I will always PC dodge a mori. I don't give fvck if you just have a daily or whatever. Much easier to waste my time rebooting the game than to waste even more time in a game that's heavily stacked against me.

  • @Zani22 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1749193#Comment_1749193

    Because dcing is a good way to Ruin ppls pips it shoudnt be but hey god forbid you make an Comeback or. Punish there fault instead of just accepting it they use there super power of entitled rage and bam what could be maybe a Ruthless is now a brutal because you didn't hook them technically.

    Best thing that needs to do be done is

    A. A devour hope / rancor special mori scoring event... A mori caused by theese perks should count as a hook state. Imo (note theese perks not myers add ons or mori offerings)

    B. Consider the mobile approach to dcs aka ai takes over and dcer doesn't get to keep his items add ons eben6of a black / white ward equipped.

    Which just raises the question why do people care about pips and rank in the first place? All rank is used for is matchmaking, that’s it. Hell, if a survivor made me lose a pip by disconnecting I’d actually maybe consider it a plus since it means my opponents might be a bit easier next game if it lowered my rank.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1749438#Comment_1749438

    Which just raises the question why do people care about pips and rank in the first place? All rank is used for is matchmaking, that’s it. Hell, if a survivor made me lose a pip by disconnecting I’d actually maybe consider it a plus since it means my opponents might be a bit easier next game if it lowered my rank.

    I mean with rank come resets with resets come BP with BP comes addiction with addiction comes debt

    Some of the things we do for bp includes pips

  • As much as I despise Mori’s, I’m going to admit that the way you played with Devour Hope was fair.

  • Bringing ebony "and mori people on third hook" okay bud.

    What a wholesome killer. 😂😂😂

  • @Toybasher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/205792/i-cant-even-mori-with-devour-hope

    What build are you running with Devour Hope btw?

    I only really feel confident running Devour Hope as part of a totem defense build (Thrill Of The Hunt, Undying, Haunted Grounds, Devour Hope) to try and put all my eggs in one basket hoping I can hit 5 stacks.

    It's all about the addons, for trapper, pink addon to injure survivors if trap is disarmed, purple addon to down survivor if he gets trapped. You place TWO traps infront of the Hex.

    TWO trapps to get to the Hex, means double injury on survivor when they disarm them, meaning they need two people to break the Hex, one to disarm the first trap and one to break the second one, cause if the same survivor disarms both he's downed. I t actually gives you the time to get to the Hex before they can break both traps.


    You're welcome

  • @xenofon13 said:

    Bringing ebony "and mori people on third hook" okay bud.

    What a wholesome killer. 😂😂😂

    I can't believe people with no logic exist... Ok, I'll answer you with a question, what's the difference between getting killed on the third hook or being moried instead of third hook? There's ABSOLUTELY nothing toxic there, AND in case you didn't read, I don't tunnel nor camp, AND I want my bloodpoints, so I'll play fair against survivors.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    Ok, if I bring in a pink mori and mori people on third hook, they still DC before the game starts and I have to wait another 15 minutes for a match...

    And now, with my main (Trapper), I thought about bringging Devour Hope with my build. Well. people DC as soon as they see they can't break my Hex and they're getting moried...

    Nothing ever satisfies survivors... It doesn't matter if I don't camp nor tunnel or if I do mori instead of third hook...

    That's how I play it. Wish I got killers like you. My experiences with Ebony/Ivory moris ever since I first started playing have been a tunnel off the hook straight away. Even killers that I know are good becuase I've played them many a time before.

    People are probably DCing because, to them, waitng 4 or more minutes for a match only to be kicked out 3-4 minutes in is a waste of their time.

    I only use them for challenges for the Rift or dailies and I still occasionally get DCs. And tbh I can't blame them. Imo they should be final hook only. It's the same as killer DCing when 2 gens popped 20 seconds in with the old Brand New Parts. It's just trolling and ruining the game for the other side.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1750021#Comment_1750021

    I can't believe people with no logic exist... Ok, I'll answer you with a question, what's the difference between getting killed on the third hook or being moried instead of third hook? There's ABSOLUTELY nothing toxic there, AND in case you didn't read, I don't tunnel nor camp, AND I want my bloodpoints, so I'll play fair against survivors.

    Bud i can say whatever i want without proofs.

    Bringing ebony and mori on third hook. What a kind and logic killer. 😂

    I see your posts and how entitled killer u are.

  • people who DC when getting mori'd are so dumb IMO, like you're leaving the game one way or the other just get mori'd and take your bp.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    people who DC when getting mori'd are so dumb IMO, like you're leaving the game one way or the other just get mori'd and take your bp.

    That's always weird to me. DCing on final hook too. Like, you're already out the game. Now you have no bloodpoints/XP and a cooldown.

  • I think just the sight of a Mori is enough to enrage Survivors and get them to do anything, even if they were dead on their next hook. The urge to disconnect is too strong for any higher brain functions to overcome.

  • @xenofon13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1750556#Comment_1750556

    Bud i can say whatever i want without proofs.

    Bringing ebony and mori on third hook. What a kind and logic killer. 😂

    I see your posts and how entitled killer u are.

    Ok, I won't argue agaist a wall, I am a rank 1 surv and rank 1 killer, and when playing surv I don't complain about anything... This is my last message for you... BTW, thanks for visiting my posts... We can agree to disagree...

  • I've never witnessed people DCing for Devour Hope before, tbh.

  • @SunderMun said:

    I've never witnessed people DCing for Devour Hope before, tbh.

    Same. I too run DH on my trapper and it's the survivors own damn fault if I get a mori.

    1: It's a hex perk. There's always the chance it will spawn in a bad spot.

    2: You need 5 stacks to mori someone and they get a notification at 3.

    3: If a killer, especially trapper, hooks someone and leaves right away. Without setting traps, that should be a sign the killer wants to be X amount away from the hook.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/205792/i-cant-even-mori-with-devour-hope

    Who cares what they think? Kill anyone in anyway you want, and laugh at those who get mad.

    Games like this one in witch you control a serial killer are sometimes dangerous. So many powerless and selfish people bring their frustations of their real lives to a video game, so they can’t feel powerful. They don”t realize this is a video Game and there are other 4 people playing with you.


  • @Tricks said:

    Killer that thinks bringing a Mori or making Devour Hope impossible to break entitles them to a Mori.

    lol

    Survivor wants to leave for a match not riddled with cheese and sweat that's their prerogative.


    TOPHAT THINKS LANDING ON THEIR BOARDWALK HOTEL ENTITLES THEM TO $2000

    WELL IF DOG WANTS TO FLIP THE BOARD OVER LIKE A ######### THATS THEIR PEROGATVIVe!!!!

  • I played against a Trapper with Devour yesterday.. Midwich and most of the team kept stepping in his trap trying to get it r e p e a t e d l y. I was the only one doing gens. He didn't mori anybody tho.

  • @GamerGirlFeng said:

    I played against a Trapper with Devour yesterday.. Midwich and most of the team kept stepping in his trap trying to get it r e p e a t e d l y. I was the only one doing gens. He didn't mori anybody tho.

    Yeah, it's more of a strat to keep people off gens and one hit downed, pretty fun to do

  • And then you see people on the forum complaining about 72 hour ban because their game crashed.

  • @SunderMun said:

    I've never witnessed people DCing for Devour Hope before, tbh.

    Back when I was trying to get the "mori 4 survivors in one match" achievement, I used Devour Hope. It took me sooooo long to get that stupid achievement because if my hex didn't get broken immediately into the match then survivors would DC the moment I downed them before I could even start the mori animation. It was an absolute headache.

  • All I see is more us vs them garbage.

    "Nothing ever satisfies survivors" is a one sided narrative that people who don't play survivor came up with. Everyone, survivors AND KILLERS all complain about things. Complaining isn't only a survivor thing.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    All I see is more us vs them garbage.

    "Nothing ever satisfies survivors" is a one sided narrative that people who don't play survivor came up with. Everyone, survivors AND KILLERS all complain about things. Complaining isn't only a survivor thing.

    Good Squirrel, I play both roles the same, and I DON'T complain about anything on survivor side, they're the favoured side in every aspect.

    I already enjoy survivor, but I want to enjoy killer more, not "more than", just "more".

  • An old past time... Burning a shroud of separation and counting how many people DC before their second down.

  • No one knows what kind of Mori or how you will use them. Ime every time I stay for a Mori match, it is 100% tunnel off hook to delete you. However if someone cancels the Mori match, The Killer messages to declare they only intended to Mori after two hooks. Uh huh I'm sure you were. No one wants to deal with them, not fun and you lose a pip depending if you were first or second.