Let's Talk About Franklin's Demise

As a Killer Main, I've been having some fun running this perk on Freddy and other killers NOT named Bubba. It seems like no one expects it and I'm getting some interesting and, imo, fun game play out of it. When I'm on survivor, however, I'm not seeing it too often (again, on anyone not named Bubba) so I can't really relate to what I'm seeing as a killer.

Recently, I have played a number of matches where Franklin's played a huge role in me getting a 3 or 4k. The most poignant example was this poor Yui who just HAD to have that lunchbox. She abandoned trying to get away from me in order to go back and make a play for it after the first hit, so getting that second hit and a hook was super easy. I found someone else and was just plopping them on the hook when she got rescued. I went down there (we were on The Game) to see about finding her savior when, lo and behold, there was Yui trying to get to her lunch box. She points at me, tea bags, and points again before picking up her lunch box, which she promptly loses when I hit her again. Long story short, she gets hooked again, I chase someone who was down there, hook them, and get a notification of the Yui being saved. I figure, there's no way she goes back for the med kit but decided, hey, why not check any way? Sure enough, there she is, making a run for it again. Easy sacrifice.

In other matches, I've literally seen things like a Dwight immediately doubling back in the middle of a chase to try for the flashlight he just dropped. Or the Meg who stunned me with a pallet, took a hit and dropped her Key, then proceeded to climb back over the pallet in order to try to snatch the key. Slap, down, hook. Less dramatic are the cases where people hesitate and look for a second before continuing to run away and more toxic are the 14 players so far who either suicide on hooks or DC because of Franklin's and message me about it. Here's a quote: "Franklin? Really? You are trash, your family is trash, plz uninstall."

What do you guys think? Where does the community stand on this perk?

I've been enjoying creating a little bit of a wrinkle in certain games that changes up how some of the chases go once people realize I am running it. I also like seeing those maps, keys, and flashlights hit the turf. Are any other killers out there running it? As a survivor, how do you feel about the perk?

Comments

  • The true value of Franklins Demise is that it is a “trap” perk that shortens chase times when you think deeply enough about it.

    It’s almost ALWAYS worth pretending you’re leaving the area, but doubling back to the dropped item. A lot of the time, bingo, someone is attempting to retrieve the dropped item, resulting in an easy free hit.

  • When I used Franklin's I've had survivors quickly comeback mid-chase to try to rescue their own item, I've also had them grab their item while I was breaking the pallet, resulting in them not making an distance and thus a down.


    Franklin's could be a great perk, but in the current meta it would not be viable on most killers.

  • I just unlocked this perk and so far it's fun. Matchmaking seems to have gotten worse the last couple weeks, and I'm finding myself, as a green rank killer with 100 hrs, versing the same red rank SWFs I see on Otz's stream. This and anti-sabo perks at least let me entertain myself in impossible matches.

  • Franklin's is fun to use when survivors have more than 2 items they always get mad lmao. When people bring their keys and a map I immediately put on Franklin's. Sometimes I wait for them to come back for their item just so I can slapped it out of their hands again. Then I wait for the salty messages. But when a killer uses Franklin's I get surprised.

  • @Penfighter said:

    As a Killer Main, I've been having some fun running this perk on Freddy and other killers NOT named Bubba. It seems like no one expects it and I'm getting some interesting and, imo, fun game play out of it. When I'm on survivor, however, I'm not seeing it too often (again, on anyone not named Bubba) so I can't really relate to what I'm seeing as a killer.

    Recently, I have played a number of matches where Franklin's played a huge role in me getting a 3 or 4k. The most poignant example was this poor Yui who just HAD to have that lunchbox. She abandoned trying to get away from me in order to go back and make a play for it after the first hit, so getting that second hit and a hook was super easy. I found someone else and was just plopping them on the hook when she got rescued. I went down there (we were on The Game) to see about finding her savior when, lo and behold, there was Yui trying to get to her lunch box. She points at me, tea bags, and points again before picking up her lunch box, which she promptly loses when I hit her again. Long story short, she gets hooked again, I chase someone who was down there, hook them, and get a notification of the Yui being saved. I figure, there's no way she goes back for the med kit but decided, hey, why not check any way? Sure enough, there she is, making a run for it again. Easy sacrifice.

    In other matches, I've literally seen things like a Dwight immediately doubling back in the middle of a chase to try for the flashlight he just dropped. Or the Meg who stunned me with a pallet, took a hit and dropped her Key, then proceeded to climb back over the pallet in order to try to snatch the key. Slap, down, hook. Less dramatic are the cases where people hesitate and look for a second before continuing to run away and more toxic are the 14 players so far who either suicide on hooks or DC because of Franklin's and message me about it. Here's a quote: "Franklin? Really? You are trash, your family is trash, plz uninstall."

    What do you guys think? Where does the community stand on this perk?

    I've been enjoying creating a little bit of a wrinkle in certain games that changes up how some of the chases go once people realize I am running it. I also like seeing those maps, keys, and flashlights hit the turf. Are any other killers out there running it? As a survivor, how do you feel about the perk?

    I will leave my item where it was dropped and completely forget about it because I know the killer might just be around the corner camping my dropped item. So instead I let them waste their time waiting for me to come pick up my item while me and my team worked on gens. I hate Franklin's and wish white wards actually prevented us from dropping said items

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1738069#Comment_1738069

    It wastes your bloodpoints. It would be fine if it returned the item to your inventory if you escape.

    I feel the same when my killer addons and hex totems are wasted. Shame on us killers for being able to take something away.

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1738354#Comment_1738354

    Sad thing is they don't even need that to blow through gens.

    It's not about the blowing through gene thing. My apologies for my love of being descriptive and and giving examples instead of just saying "this sucks because I said it does".

  • I never run Franklin's as killer because I'm morally opposed to it as a survivor.

    Like, if I want to hide in a corner and let everyone die so I can get my item back, let me do it and don't give me that timer with the ****ty lore explanation.

  • @RelentlessShadows009 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1738168#Comment_1738168

    I feel the same when my killer addons and hex totems are wasted. Shame on us killers for being able to take something away.

    But do you lose the hex perk from your inventory? No. And survivors lose addons as well, thats universal. Hex totems are (usually) able to be cleansed because they are much more powerful than a regular perk. Thats just fair. Survivors can't take away your bloodpoints at all.

  • Annoying ppl in DBD is the best gameplay out there.


    I'm really liking the comments of salty survivors.


    I should start incorporating franklins somehow.

  • @Clevite said:

    Whoa....got a little heated quick.

    Franklin's can be a good perk for killers. I am a medkit player so I hate losing it. But I do have my DH so that helps.

    I will try to retrieve it if I know the killer is occupied but I am not throwing the game to get it back.

    And also, ######### you survivors that take my medkit and won't give it back at the end of the game.

    Idc that you depleted, just return it when/if you get the chance.

    As someone that's been playing around with Botany/Built To Last, I feel your pain

  • @KrazyKatFTW said:

    Franklins is a ######### perk, if a killers uses franklins I will take it as an indicator of how they intend to play the game and get out asap, I don't want to play with players like you

    I only want to face you and use that perk every game.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1738413#Comment_1738413

    Okay yes Franklin's sometimes is a nuisance. But I just don't bring items as much I prefer botany or prove thyself. So I think people overreact. But maybe it's different since you bring items.

    I don't, but when I do it's a rare occasion. I wouldn't mind it If I didn't lose an item for having a long chase

  • @noctis129 said:

    Annoying ppl in DBD is the best gameplay out there.

    I'm really liking the comments of salty survivors.

    I should start incorporating franklins somehow.

    I found a way to squeeze it into Freddy's build but not too many others yet. It's not like, AAHMAZING, but it certainly does work as a fun meme right now.

  • I love the new Franklin. But I would be fine with the old version of Franklin, if the hatch was opened with the key with the maximum number of charges.

  • @shalo said:

    Franklin's Demise: 15,000 BP

    Save the Best for Last: 15,000 BP

    Survivor at the exit gate thinking they have time to pick up their item after the first hit: Priceless.

    You don't know comedy until the Meg you've just hit who decides its better to clicky clicky her flashlight at you instead of use her speed boost properly realises a little too late you're at 8 STBFL tokens.

  • Playing as killer I always feel it's a bit churlish picking Franklin's. It's like an angry toddler slapping toys out of the other players' hands.

  • @KrazyKatFTW said:

    Franklins is a ######### perk, if a killers uses franklins I will take it as an indicator of how they intend to play the game and get out asap, I don't want to play with players like you

    Both sides have to deal with crappy/annoying perks/items/addons from the other side. When you encounter them, just gotta deal with em. This attitude is lame.

1 2 ›