People Still Disconnecting

Hi guys I know I haven't been on for a while been busy with my Mom recovering from her surgery she had a few months ago and cleaning and life in general. But I just recently got back into DBD and I noticed that since the crossplay their have been ALOT of DCing all over the place. I have said this many times but I am sick of people disconnecting for no reason at all. Wait their IS a reason because their big jerks and babies who don't knw how to play and want to be annoying to the other players and the Killer. It's supposed to be a game, if you can't handle it, then maybe you shouldn't be playing it in the first place. Even with the new rules about disconnecting and being penalties about it they still do it.

Yesterday me and my friend were playing and 2 players DCed in a game and then the Killer DCed because he couldn't catch anyone. My lord people if you can't handle this game then maybe you shouldn't have bought it in the first place. Save the killing/survivoring to the rea players. When you DC it makes it harder for the other players who are trying to play and enjoy themselves.

A little side topic what is with the players rubbernecking me when I am trying to play? This Meg yesterday was following me the whole time while I was trying to play and she would follow me to a gen and blow it up just to be a jerk and then I'd try to leave her and she'd follow me again. Stop rubbernecking people it's not cool.

Comments

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681970#Comment_1681970

    I just checked and not only was the average player count not 50k before Blight, the average player count has never been 50k in all of DbD's history. Also, for these past few months DbD was still riding the "high" of the Silent Hill chapter.

    An ongoing analysis of Steam's player numbers, seeing what's been played the most.

    Pretty sure this states that the all time high was 77k

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681978#Comment_1681978

    Funny how my friend and I manage to cleanse both Ruin and Undying and escape quite regularly. Hell, sometimes we don't even bother, we just rush gens and GTFO, because Ruin literally does nothing until you let go of a gen.

    Which is why I stated 1v1 killers specifically. A trapper isnt gonna get much use out of Ruin, but a Doc or PH definitely will

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681980#Comment_1681980

    Which is why I stated 1v1 killers specifically. A trapper isnt gonna get much use out of Ruin, but a Doc or PH definitely will

    It doesn't matter who the killer is, as long as survivors don't DC and actually try to counter them. Also, Trapper definitely gets more use out of hex perks than most killers, since he can literally trap them in a way that always alerts him when survivors try to go for his totems. It's almost like having built-in Undying.

  • @Taya9822 said:

    Hi guys I know I haven't been on for a while been busy with my Mom recovering from her surgery she had a few months ago and cleaning and life in general. But I just recently got back into DBD and I noticed that since the crossplay their have been ALOT of DCing all over the place. I have said this many times but I am sick of people disconnecting for no reason at all. Wait their IS a reason because their big jerks and babies who don't knw how to play and want to be annoying to the other players and the Killer. It's supposed to be a game, if you can't handle it, then maybe you shouldn't be playing it in the first place. Even with the new rules about disconnecting and being penalties about it they still do it.

    Yesterday me and my friend were playing and 2 players DCed in a game and then the Killer DCed because he couldn't catch anyone. My lord people if you can't handle this game then maybe you shouldn't have bought it in the first place. Save the killing/survivoring to the rea players. When you DC it makes it harder for the other players who are trying to play and enjoy themselves.

    A little side topic what is with the players rubbernecking me when I am trying to play? This Meg yesterday was following me the whole time while I was trying to play and she would follow me to a gen and blow it up just to be a jerk and then I'd try to leave her and she'd follow me again. Stop rubbernecking people it's not cool.

    I unfortunately have to disagree that this is always the reason for a DC. My poor friend yesterday had the entire game error and just drop her mid match. She had been running to get me off the hook when her character zoomed by and started to run against the wall. The killer downed her and I being in a voice chat with her got to hear her cussing up a storm as she had to restart the game.

    I have also had it crash my computer (which has happened twice) and that caused a DC on my side while my friend and I were in a game. So keep in mind that the person DCing might not be doing so on purpose. I have also had as of 2 days ago the error 500 when someone gets dropped and DCs as we are loading in.

    Yes I have as killer had someone Dc when I had downed someone and was hooking another but that made me attempt to make the game more enjoyable for myself and the remaining players. AKA we just had fun running around and me spooking them. Good after chat and general fun can be had even if you have a couple of jerks.

    Of the eight people I play with we have only had 2 official DCs where they intentionally DCed on the killer. Both times where after blatant abusive behavior from the killer. Both were when they were face camped with the killer hitting them while on hook. They also played over half the match before DCing as the killer had done this consistently with the other randoms we were playing with. At that point the game was pretty much horrible because even when you can complete the objectives it makes for a distasteful game experience. Even when I was able to get them off the hook the face camper would just down them again and it was all rinse and repeat.

    So yes, my friends decided in both those instances that they would rather take the penalty then give the killer the satisfaction of their death on hook. This also speaks badly about those killers because it is a lack of skill if they do that. It's not how the game in intended to be played and it takes away the enjoyment of the game for all individuals playing.

  • Whoa! Thanks for all the comments I will go through them and try to comment :)

  • @lowiq said:

    DC Penalties don't fix the core issue as to why people are DCing in the first place.

    Yeah that's usually how it is. People don't care if they get in trouble for DCing. It's usually kids anyway who don't know how to play so they want to DC to get to another game or they don't like the Killer so they leave.

  • @BadDocter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681282#Comment_1681282

    You mean reasons like getting found first or when they get downed quickly? If you're not going to play the game don't load it up in the first place.

    Exactly! Thank you! Like that's the whole point of being Killer is to kill the person the player can't get mad all cause they got found first. It's gonna happen either way so they better get use to it OR bess not play it at all.

  • @BadDocter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681282#Comment_1681282

    You mean reasons like getting found first or when they get downed quickly? If you're not going to play the game don't load it up in the first place.

    I'm telling that part about not loading the game if U dont want to play to every killer who downs whole team in 1 min, and they go all - Karen mode : "I'm a killer I have to kill you". Then go wait 10 min for new matchmaking if you are so Pr0 and go rampage.

  • @lowiq said:

    DC Penalties don't fix the core issue as to why people are DCing in the first place.

    Yeah, but they do penalize, which is good enough in the short term.


    Especially when lots of those "reasons" are just salt and poor character.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681447#Comment_1681447

    As for the comment about "These are the best perks and builds" When I was playing MMOs years ago I had a word for that condition. I called it "Victims of Strategy Guides" It's a person who does not make decisions for themselves when it comes to what to use/do. They look up a streamer or a guide to see what is the meta and they do it without knowing why. Those people tend to lack innovation/creativity and they do not come up with ideas of their own. They do not experiment to find out what works. Instead they look to others to make those decisions for them. When a big update drops or something gets changed, these players tend to be lost the first few days until some streamer posts their new build.

    Gamers today look to streamers to see what they should be running. I look to streamers for ideas. I'll try out their builds and if I don't like them I'll stick to what I like. Or I'll assimilate their builds into mine to make my own.

    I stream DBD to have fun not for a fancy build or to be popular just to play the game and have fun with my friends. That's why it's called a game.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    The fact that were will always be bad sports and losers is why I would prefer that instead of a Ban they just route people with a pattern of disconnecting into a Que made up entirely of other Players who have a bad habit of disconnecting. Chances are this Que will be smaller, have longer wait times, and be infuriating to play in since they will get disconnected on by others of their ilk.

    This method would also give them a chance at redemption. They don't get back to the rest of us until they manage to complete a certain number of games without disconnecting. This would allow them back to the grown-up Que until they revert to bad habits.

    If I'm not mistaken didn't Friday the 13th have a DCing level were all the player who DC like a Disconnecting Graveyard LOL DBD should do that and if the player tries to turn off the game to get out of it, they get a message that you can't leave for the next 10 minutes for the first DC, 2nd 30 mins, 3rd an hour and so on and so far. Until their banned from the game FOREVER <--- that would be nice.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681810#Comment_1681810

    I'm a survivor main and I want the DC penalty because I'd like to be able to play the game. I don't care why you DC - if you don't want to play the game, then you can stop playing it instead of ruining it for everyone who wants to.

    Exactly! It is hard when you are a survivor and you and your friend are playing the game with 2 random and one or both DC it makes it harder for us to play because now we have to do twice the work because of those idiots who don't know how to play.

  • The peak was 77k, if you look at the graph, the line tends to stay around 50k. Sometimes above, sometimes below, but its been a solid 50k average. The 15k drop has literally been last month when Undying+Ruin became killer meta.

  • I had a match where I was playing add-on-less Wraith, walking around without even being cloaked because I didn't feel like using his power, and I found the first survivor (he basically walked right into me, even though I was uncloaked), chased him, he misplayed a pallet and then DC'd when I downed him.

    Disconnected. Against a total M1 no-power killer. What is even the point of that? Does he really think he can find an easier killer to go against?

    Killer queues being instant and survivor queues taking forever only made that incident seem all the more idiotic.

  • @BadDocter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681282#Comment_1681282

    You mean reasons like getting found first or when they get downed quickly? If you're not going to play the game don't load it up in the first place.

    To be fair that's mostly the claudettes. If you put all the claudette players in their own queue then disconnecting would go down by about 70%

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681810#Comment_1681810

    I can't answer for the person you addressed but I do hate DCers. :) We should all be playing by the following three, simple rules:

    1. Don't cheat, either by hacks or lag spikes.
    2. Don't disconnect; if you start a game, finish it.
    3. Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.

    Do I hate people who can't exercise the very minimum of good sportsmanship? Yes.

    I see you copypaste these rules everywhere but it feels pompous as hell in a few parts.

    Don't cheat with lag spikes? What do people think lag spikes are? It's not a physical object you jam into the ethernet port.

    What if it's the game ######### up? Am I to be victim blamed for being killer and the servers being #########? Random dc's could be attributed to the spaghetti code too. I'm walking along and suddenly my character drops dead, killer nowhere near me. But I guess its my fault right?

    Two is fine.

    Three is unreasonable. You won't get people to follow decor and proper mannerisms just by telling them to. If I pull victory from the jaws of defeat all while being mocked the entire match, I'm letting them have it if they engage me.

    Respect is more important. It may be nitpicking but respect is more understandable virtue as it relates to how you view and treat others and would like wise see in return. I see a gg, I gg. Someone has a problem with what I do, I explain my actions and my reasoning for doing so. Being humble and gracious is an effect of being respectful.

    Additionally on topic, why is there a forfeit button if you just get punished anyways? They say if it's in the game, you can use it, but the quit button is apparently taboo.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681992#Comment_1681992

    I have this same issue on PC, normally my game runs absolutely smooth, but sometimes it gets struck with crashitis. My friends and I can play most of the day and every other match the game will freeze, sounds will still play, and I have to close the game. It happens almost randomly, usually my crashes are before mid-match. Tends to be when self healing but it may be coincidence because other times I'm just hiding. Oddly enough, the game has never frozen/crashed when I play killer.

    I've intentionally dc'd maybe 3-4 times when soloing because I won't put up with toxic teammates who like to constantly sandbag and try to farm points off you, or are just being twats and giving you away to the killer at every opportunity. I try to deal with it but sometimes you just don't want to deal with crap.

    I do disagree on the lack of skill, and while I agree that tunneling and camping sucks, at the end of the discussion it's a play style. Sure, sometimes it is someone who isn't good at killer and they want to confirm their kills. We may not like it but killers have every right to play their matches that way, good or not. Just like survivors have every right to run 'toxic' perks like DS, BT, and whatever else.

    Personally, when I play killer I try not to kill anyone (unless they decide to give away teammates or tbag me, thems are no-nos). I'll try my best to keep pressure on them so they have to work for their gens/escape but I'm not that good of a killer, wee little rank 17. I run Discordance, Unrelenting, Whispers, and Stridor. When I play survivor I want to survive, but also have fun, so when playing killer I want my survivors to have as much fun as possible and get points in the process. They almost always come out with several thousand more points than me. Even when playing nice this way I've gotten many dc's, some from crashes no doubt, but most happen when someone is downed or hooked. Some people, on both sides, are just unhappy with the match results (whether or not it's ended) no matter what.

    Survivors don't want to be the first one hit, they don't want to be downed, they don't want to be hooked, they don't want to be mori'd.

    Killers don't want the match to take more than a few minutes, they don't want survivors running certain perks, they don't want them using certain items and add-ons, they don't want anyone escaping.

    This game is designed to be a challenge, annoying/angering, and at times spooky. No one will be completely happy with how things are, and both sides are at each others throats over stupid things sometimes (all the time). The devs make changes and this side is happy, while the other side is upset, vice versa for each change, buff, nerf.

    Okay I'm done rambling, the last half wasn't even directed at you, just in general.

    No problem Ahluvia, I get it. I personally don't DC because I find it to be disrespectful to the other players. And when I mean they were acting abusive I mean, really, really toxic. The last was a doctor that kept spamming his shock and hitting my friend on hook. I was able to get her off but he downed her right off hook as neither of us have BT or DS (she just started playing 3 weeks ago). The killer was high ranked and there really was no reason for it. he had good perks and could have played a great game but decided to act trashy instead.

    I love playing killer and I like making a game enjoyable for everyone but it really does come down to skill level. I find that the killers that camp most are ones that don't feel they can get downs and kills or are looking for an easy game. Yes it is their right to play how they like but it is abusing a game mechanic when you get down to it. They know that as long as they can get a survivor down to a certain point by camping they don't have to put in the work.

    I think it needs to be balanced for both killers and survivors, example of some maps being to large for a killer to work effectively. There are plenty of perks that could be reworked to make it a better experience for killer. While for survivors there should be some preventative measures for camping. I can honestly say I have only had DS used on me once as killer and my reaction was. "Sorry, that was my bad.". I don't like NOED but I get why killers use it and I don't begrudge them the perks. Perks themselves are not inherently toxic and they are used in response to consistent game play on both sides. It's a reactionary situation really so when someone uses BT, DS, DH or the likes I'm happy to play against it. I would rather play with diverse perks then the same ones.

  • @Impermanent said:

    This whole DC discussion is just so stupid... what are the ACTUAL EFFECTS of aggravated survivors choosing to avoid the DC penalty?

    The survivor gets downed and angry. But instead of DC'ing he waits. The following things possibly happen:

    • The killer hooks him and he suicides on hook. How did this improve the gameplay?
    • The killer hooks him and a teammate saves him before he can suicide. Small chance he plays a bit more. More likely he just runs to the killer or otherwise doesn't play normally because he just wants out of this match.
    • The killer leaves him on the ground to bleed out. This is one of the reasons people DC. Now he has to lay there doing nothing while the killer revels in his own toxicity. So now you're exacerbating a bad situation and rewarding the toxic killer while pushing away a survivor.
    • The killer leaves him slugged but a teammate saves him. Again some chance that he plays normally. More likely the teammate gets hit/downed healing him and/or he doesn't play normally but just lets himself get downed again.

    The only situation where the DC penalty does any good is when the angry survivor ends up getting saved and plays the rest of the match normally. I am telling you this is maybe 10% of the time. 20% max.

    Stop trying to force people to play through bad situations that are caused by your own bad game design. Let them enjoy the good and skip the bad. All you're doing is pissing people off that want to enjoy the good aspects of your game.

    why DC penalty is pointless people want it normal because they want it to use other survivors as meat shield or for killer they want to bully him more only reason people hate other people dcing or killing them self on hook.

  • I barely had any disconnects while the penalties were off. I don’t et whats going on with the games people on these forums are having where supposedly people dc every other game.

  • @lowiq said:

    DC Penalties don't fix the core issue as to why people are DCing in the first place.

    you're right it can't fix the player's attitudes that others HAVE to play their way and their way only. killers can't play but specific characters if that, killers can't do their job in the game (KILL SURVIVORS) and certainly can't make emotes, or expressions what so ever. also Killers can't do anything that furthers their own challenges or anything that gives them blood points. Killers are not supposed to use perks that some decide are bad, but survivors can play any perk they want no matter what. The issue is the fact that players are freaking selfish! It's not just one person playing but 5 people playing. no one has to adhere to any rules except the rules that are posted by the creators of this game. and those players that are DCing are saying they don't care about the rules because that action is AGAINST the rules posted by the CREATORS of this game. ADDRESS THE ACTUAL ISSUE BY CHANGING THE ATTITUDES OF THOSE THAT DISREGARD THE DAMN RULES.

  • I have run into that issue a few times. I have had days where I linger over the button after getting ruthlessly tunneled, but I always remind myself that it's just one game. Also, has anyone else been having trouble with DC's??? I have been forced out after loading in so many times and I get a penalty even though the game crashed. Any advice?

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681857#Comment_1681857

    I see you copypaste these rules everywhere but it feels pompous as hell in a few parts.

    Don't cheat with lag spikes? What do people think lag spikes are? It's not a physical object you jam into the ethernet port.

    What if it's the game ######### up? Am I to be victim blamed for being killer and the servers being #########? Random dc's could be attributed to the spaghetti code too. I'm walking along and suddenly my character drops dead, killer nowhere near me. But I guess its my fault right?

    Two is fine.

    Three is unreasonable. You won't get people to follow decor and proper mannerisms just by telling them to. If I pull victory from the jaws of defeat all while being mocked the entire match, I'm letting them have it if they engage me.

    Respect is more important. It may be nitpicking but respect is more understandable virtue as it relates to how you view and treat others and would like wise see in return. I see a gg, I gg. Someone has a problem with what I do, I explain my actions and my reasoning for doing so. Being humble and gracious is an effect of being respectful.

    Additionally on topic, why is there a forfeit button if you just get punished anyways? They say if it's in the game, you can use it, but the quit button is apparently taboo.

    Creating a lag spike by screwing with the bandwidth of your system is a known cheat method. I find it hard to believe you don't know that already. And if you think advocating for good sportsmanship is pompous, then I'm pompous. I will continue to promote and post those rules whenever appropriate to the subject being discussed. Three is not unreasonable. It is the easiest of the three. It is basic good manners. It is the good sportsmanship we were taught in pre-school, Kindergarten, and all the way up. I'm not telling anyone to do anything. In fact, nobody should have to voice those three rules at all. They are basic commonsense and courtesy. The fact that you seem offended by them or somehow want to dissect them makes your motives suspect. :)

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682090#Comment_1682090

    Creating a lag spike by screwing with the bandwidth of your system is a known cheat method. I find it hard to believe you don't know that already. And if you think advocating for good sportsmanship is pompous, then I'm pompous. I will continue to promote and post those rules whenever appropriate to the subject being discussed. Three is not unreasonable. It is the easiest of the three. It is basic good manners. It is the good sportsmanship we were taught in pre-school, Kindergarten, and all the way up. I'm not telling anyone to do anything. In fact, nobody should have to voice those three rules at all. They are basic commonsense and courtesy. The fact that you seem offended by them or somehow want to dissect them makes your motives suspect. :)

    I know about lagswitching which shouldn't work on server based games since everyone is the client, and ddos which spams a line with junk data but that would crash the game. Everything else would be wonky netcode. Which can't be pinned on a single player. And if they are hacking, you have a lot more issues than just weird internet.

    Yes pompous. Even capping it with a smiley face at the end which is never sincere. :)

    And what motives would that be? I already have everything. For what purpose would I need to freeze people in place or make them miserable? I don't stream. So no audience to impress. I rarely bring mori's to killer games. I almost never bring items in as survivor. And if I wanted validation I'd always be agreeable and never belligerent. Oh Billy got nerfed? Ugh stupid devs don't know how to program their own game! :)

    But if you want to continue playing hall monitor that's fine. The kids are going to keep smoking in the bathroom regardless.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681857#Comment_1681857

    I see you copypaste these rules everywhere but it feels pompous as hell in a few parts.

    Don't cheat with lag spikes? What do people think lag spikes are? It's not a physical object you jam into the ethernet port.

    What if it's the game ######### up? Am I to be victim blamed for being killer and the servers being #########? Random dc's could be attributed to the spaghetti code too. I'm walking along and suddenly my character drops dead, killer nowhere near me. But I guess its my fault right?

    Two is fine.

    Three is unreasonable. You won't get people to follow decor and proper mannerisms just by telling them to. If I pull victory from the jaws of defeat all while being mocked the entire match, I'm letting them have it if they engage me.

    Respect is more important. It may be nitpicking but respect is more understandable virtue as it relates to how you view and treat others and would like wise see in return. I see a gg, I gg. Someone has a problem with what I do, I explain my actions and my reasoning for doing so. Being humble and gracious is an effect of being respectful.

    Additionally on topic, why is there a forfeit button if you just get punished anyways? They say if it's in the game, you can use it, but the quit button is apparently taboo.

    "Additionally on topic, why is there a forfeit button if you just get punished anyways? they say if it's in the game, you can use it, but the quit button is apparently taboo."

    There is the game, that starts when you launch the executable and runs till you shut it down. Then there is the MATCH which starts once you click START/READY in the killer lobby and the game moves from the over all game to the match where you have only the 4 perks, 1 item(power for killer), 2 add ons and one offering or less. and one full outfit choice. once you are in the match your cursor does not exist and it becomes part of your movement controls. During the MATCH portion of the game there is no "FORFEIT BUTTON" as to get to it you must leave the match functionality by hitting the escape key and you then have control over your cursor once again and this is where the "Leave Match" button is located. while you are in this menu, you can not control your character and it is just stationary, nor are you doing any match tasks during this time (generator repairs or totem cleansing etc). This is the distinction that you are missing, and the fact that the developers have this functionality to ensure that the match can end even if conditions end up causing the match to not end organically and YES this does happen, rarely now days but it does still happen. if your character is stuck in the geometry then use the button, if the player is bugged in a way that will prevent the match from ending use the button, but those are the only two reasons to use this OUT OF MATCH functionality.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681983#Comment_1681983

    The peak was 77k, if you look at the graph, the line tends to stay around 50k. Sometimes above, sometimes below, but its been a solid 50k average. The 15k drop has literally been last month when Undying+Ruin became killer meta.

    The average, which is displayed in the table below the graph, has never reached 50k. Go ahead and check. You'll also notice there was a spike when the Silent Hill chapter was released and that we're now dropping to pre-SH levels. That's normal.

  • @lowiq said:

    DC Penalties don't fix the core issue as to why people are DCing in the first place.

    This is straight up truth. D/C penalty is low hanging fruit for a company that fails to understand this premise.

  • @megswifey said:

    I have run into that issue a few times. I have had days where I linger over the button after getting ruthlessly tunneled, but I always remind myself that it's just one game. Also, has anyone else been having trouble with DC's??? I have been forced out after loading in so many times and I get a penalty even though the game crashed. Any advice?

    Play Civilization

  • Its so annoying.. just make it so if you ever dc more than 3 times its a permanent ban

  • Most of them didn't get the memo penalties are [on] off again. After a while there are def less DCs. And yes, ofc some egos just kill themself on the hook. Nothing you can do about, but in general penalties are very healthy for the game.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    The fact that were will always be bad sports and losers is why I would prefer that instead of a Ban they just route people with a pattern of disconnecting into a Que made up entirely of other Players who have a bad habit of disconnecting. Chances are this Que will be smaller, have longer wait times, and be infuriating to play in since they will get disconnected on by others of their ilk.

    This method would also give them a chance at redemption. They don't get back to the rest of us until they manage to complete a certain number of games without disconnecting. This would allow them back to the grown-up Que until they revert to bad habits.

    Lmfao I never even considered this. I like you. You're fun (っ≖‿≖)っ  

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    How are people on this thread justifying DCing? A tip for these people: if you find yourself frustrated and DCing frequently during matches for whatever ######### reason, GO PLAY ANOTHER GAME and stop ruining the trial for the other 4 players.

    On God. 🙌

  • I know this is a joke but I'm confused as to why you're saying that when I stated that I never DC anymore because I'd rather move on after a bad game lol. But really, if civ doesn't crash every day I'll gladly take it

  • @lowiq said:

    DC Penalties don't fix the core issue as to why people are DCing in the first place.

    Exactly and no one cares. Rank is meaningless, so there's no incentive to retain your rank. The penalties are good but I'm guessing ultimately people are so fed up with whatever they perceive as bad that they're willing to eat the penalty or just reach the point where the penalties too high so they'll go play another game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    How are people on this thread justifying DCing? A tip for these people: if you find yourself frustrated and DCing frequently during matches for whatever ######### reason, GO PLAY ANOTHER GAME and stop ruining the trial for the other 4 players.

    You mean the other three survivors? Because let's face it, even when one or two people disconnect The Killer has it easy. The survivors are the ones screwed!

  • @Impermanent said:

    This whole DC discussion is just so stupid... what are the ACTUAL EFFECTS of aggravated survivors choosing to avoid the DC penalty?

    The survivor gets downed and angry. But instead of DC'ing he waits. The following things possibly happen:

    • The killer hooks him and he suicides on hook. How did this improve the gameplay?
    • The killer hooks him and a teammate saves him before he can suicide. Small chance he plays a bit more. More likely he just runs to the killer or otherwise doesn't play normally because he just wants out of this match.
    • The killer leaves him on the ground to bleed out. This is one of the reasons people DC. Now he has to lay there doing nothing while the killer revels in his own toxicity. So now you're exacerbating a bad situation and rewarding the toxic killer while pushing away a survivor.
    • The killer leaves him slugged but a teammate saves him. Again some chance that he plays normally. More likely the teammate gets hit/downed healing him and/or he doesn't play normally but just lets himself get downed again.

    The only situation where the DC penalty does any good is when the angry survivor ends up getting saved and plays the rest of the match normally. I am telling you this is maybe 10% of the time. 20% max.

    Stop trying to force people to play through bad situations that are caused by your own bad game design. Let them enjoy the good and skip the bad. All you're doing is pissing people off that want to enjoy the good aspects of your game.

    It isn't stupid because dcing simply for being downed early screws over 4 other people. It hurts the other survivors more than it hurts the killer. Just sit on hook and see if you can make a difference later. Hell you get bp out of it.

  • @megswifey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682716#Comment_1682716

    I know this is a joke but I'm confused as to why you're saying that when I stated that I never DC anymore because I'd rather move on after a bad game lol. But really, if civ doesn't crash every day I'll gladly take it

    because you asked for the advice, my advice was to play civ lol

    5 is one of the best games ever made. shame 6 was a letdown.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I had a match where I was playing add-on-less Wraith, walking around without even being cloaked because I didn't feel like using his power, and I found the first survivor (he basically walked right into me, even though I was uncloaked), chased him, he misplayed a pallet and then DC'd when I downed him.

    Disconnected. Against a total M1 no-power killer. What is even the point of that? Does he really think he can find an easier killer to go against?

    Killer queues being instant and survivor queues taking forever only made that incident seem all the more idiotic.

    Like I always say it was probably kid who doesn't know how to play so he went crying home to his Mama because you downed him.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681746#Comment_1681746

    You mean the other three survivors? Because let's face it, even when one or two people disconnect The Killer has it easy. The survivors are the ones screwed!

    Thank you that's what I've been saying.

1 2 ›