You should PLAY the killer before complaining about them

More people need to start doing this, the amount of arguments I've seen about a killer due to the lack of experience they have against them/playing as them is insane.

It's obvious I'm mainly referring to deathslinger here, but this also applies to hag, PH, etc, you know them killers.

Just before I get called out, this does NOT mean I'm trying to say "Oh you're just bad against X killer, git gud". Some killers have some mechanics that are annoying, in fact every killer has something that can be deemed annoying, I hate michael and pig, the killers that are seen as the most "fun" in the game.

But do not complain about something that is caused by your lack of experience playing as or against the killer.

And even, if a killer is annoying you, play that killer and see if you find anything such as strategies, that could help against said annoying mechanic. Don't assume that you're some survivor god who knows everything and all possible outcomes against that killer, as it's likely that there's a main of that killer that knows 100x more than you.

Comments

  • no that means the survivors were trash or you just played well

  • and i main spirit and i want her to be reworked

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654578#Comment_1654578

    So you are out of position and feel that tapping A orD repeatedly should gain you ground instead of the killer?

    You dont even need to be out of postion you could see him coming and a pallet could be 10 meters away but you can make it. All he has to do is press m2.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654898#Comment_1654898

    You dont even need to be out of postion you could see him coming and a pallet could be 10 meters away but you can make it. All he has to do is press m2.

    Blah blah blah

    No point arguing with someone that demands all killer powers have clear and defined counterplay.

    Replace killers with bots already because their skill shouldn't matter and it should always be the survivors fault 100% for getting hit.

    It is the single, most boring and frustrating argument in this forum.

    THERE IS A REASON PEOPLE DONT USE PYRAMIDHEADS ATTACK IN THE OPEN because it isn't up to him if the survivor gets hit by it. This is what clear and defined counterplay causes.

    You want Deathslinger to slow to 90% when aiming with a longer aim time and 2 to 3 second cooldown so you can jiggle about and force the teeny tiny hitbox to miss through your "skill" of swiveling a stick. Or be slowed for so long that you reach the safety net every time with no opposition.

    We get it.

  • While I agree with the conclusion I disagree with the reasoning.

    Things that annoy you from the PoV of the Survivor aren't likely to annoy you from the PoV of the Killer, that doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

    That said, what playing the Killer/Survivor perk/Whatever CAN help you do is come up with viable solutions.

    Sometimes an annoying Killer mechanic is also vital to that Killers success, sometimes a mechanic is causing annoyances on both sides and sometimes it's just a side thing. Knowing this improves the quality of any suggested solutions.

    For example if you know an annoying mechanic is also important for balance reasons, then you'd know to counterbalance it's removal with a large buff to take it's place.

    Whereas if it turns out to be a minor portion of their kit, an addon for example, then less compensation is needed.

  • @Kumnut768 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654547#Comment_1654547

    no that means the survivors were trash or you just played well

    1. It was a joke,

    2. I played well since I didn't miss that many chainsaws(thank my knowledge on billy for that)

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654898#Comment_1654898

    You dont even need to be out of postion you could see him coming and a pallet could be 10 meters away but you can make it. All he has to do is press m2.

    If you are running to a pallet in a straight line, it's a 50/50 whether you don't accept bait or dodge unless he is close. There is also going path that block LOS towards pallets so it can be dropped safely (such as pallet gyms).

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654937#Comment_1654937

    Blah blah blah

    No point arguing with someone that demands all killer powers have clear and defined counterplay.

    Replace killers with bots already because their skill shouldn't matter and it should always be the survivors fault 100% for getting hit.

    It is the single, most boring and frustrating argument in this forum.

    THERE IS A REASON PEOPLE DONT USE PYRAMIDHEADS ATTACK IN THE OPEN because it isn't up to him if the survivor gets hit by it. This is what clear and defined counterplay causes.

    You want Deathslinger to slow to 90% when aiming with a longer aim time and 2 to 3 second cooldown so you can jiggle about and force the teeny tiny hitbox to miss through your "skill" of swiveling a stick. Or be slowed for so long that you reach the safety net every time with no opposition.

    We get it.

    This is a strawman argument and you reaching at everything you can can. I never said I counterplay that's easy, or super clear or whatever you are trying to say. I want counterplay where my input/skill matters. I thought I made that clear. Or maybe you dont have any argument to say so this is your last resort.

    Nobody wants bot killers. Survivors just want a chance to win a chase.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    More people need to start doing this, the amount of arguments I've seen about a killer due to the lack of experience they have against them/playing as them is insane.

    It's obvious I'm mainly referring to deathslinger here, but this also applies to hag, PH, etc, you know them killers.

    Just before I get called out, this does NOT mean I'm trying to say "Oh you're just bad against X killer, git gud". Some killers have some mechanics that are annoying, in fact every killer has something that can be deemed annoying, I hate michael and pig, the killers that are seen as the most "fun" in the game.

    But do not complain about something that is caused by your lack of experience playing as or against the killer.

    And even, if a killer is annoying you, play that killer and see if you find anything such as strategies, that could help against said annoying mechanic. Don't assume that you're some survivor god who knows everything and all possible outcomes against that killer, as it's likely that there's a main of that killer that knows 100x more than you.

    Yea I play console and no one plays nurse here because of fps rank 3 surivor said they would report me because I could blink In and out of basement i tell you I choked on my ramen when reading that

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/195477/you-should-play-the-killer-before-complaining-about-them

    If only... but then we can always dream. However, if every survivor started playing killer they might get a taste for it and like it - then we would be waiting forever for matches. Nahh, I say let the survivor mains keep crying in ignorance whilst I happily slaughter them.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/195477/you-should-play-the-killer-before-complaining-about-them

    If only... but then we can always dream. However, if every survivor started playing killer they might get a taste for it and like it - then we would be waiting forever for matches. Nahh, I say let the survivor mains keep crying in ignorance whilst I happily slaughter them.

    Yea then you killer gets nerfed ahem billy

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654937#Comment_1654937

    If you are running to a pallet in a straight line, it's a 50/50 whether you don't accept bait or dodge unless he is close. There is also going path that block LOS towards pallets so it can be dropped safely (such as pallet gyms).

    It's a 50/50 for the survivor but not for him.

  • It's a 50/50 for both sides, he needs you to predict if you'll dodge, or commit to the pallet.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655046#Comment_1655046

    It's a 50/50 for both sides, he needs you to predict if you'll dodge, or commit to the pallet.

    He just has to have his gun out and be patient there is no guessing.

  • So much this. I'm tired of people saying any killer they hate going up against is "brain dead" or takes no skill, this is often said to manipulate people into doing things they want them to do. I had this same perspective when I started off, I only played survivor and thought the plight of killers were hilarious until I started playing more killer myself. That's not to say there isn't any validity to survivors' frustrations, but when they pretend that every tool you use is an easy win button that irks me off.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655058#Comment_1655058

    He just has to have his gun out and be patient there is no guessing.

    If he thinks you'll dodge and you commit he just lost a hit. Deathslinger isn't op at all in loops, only time he actually shines is in open areas, where you are already screwed with any other ranged killer, nurse? Get blinked on. Huntress? Get sniped Demo? You incorrectly predict them to attack and you get hit PH? Well his ability is crap in the open. Clown? He slows you down and m1 you etc etc. There are killers who do way worse yet yall choose a weak and boring killer to complain about. That's like saying old freddy should have been nerfed.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    I did this and people still complained to me that I didn't "understand the killer".

    People's obvious personal biases aside though, this is true for ANY part of the game. People who play both sides not only know the struggles of both, but CAN compare them and make appropriate calls.

    Sadly though, there are people who then call them "entitled [other side] mains" for pointing out the other side of the story.

    I would point out that people could still play both sides and could still disagree with you.

  • I also believe just playing killer isnt enough sometimes. Playing at the top % is the true defining of what it means to play killer. Try your hardest to get the highest rank you can as killer. Once you see how brutal it can be at high ranks you really get an understanding of why killers play do dirty at times. It also helps you just overall get better at survivor too because you have a more whole and complex understanding of the overall mechanics. I play high rank both sides and it's made me a better player all around. I also get much less frustrated and angry when playing really stressful rounds. I think everyone should do if only to experience it and go back to your preferred side.

  • @LuffyBlack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654437#Comment_1654437

    I would point out that people could still play both sides and could still disagree with you.

    People having differing opinions? impossible, clearly someone has to be lying about playing both sides in that case

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654614#Comment_1654614

    That explains a lot.

    You can't learn a killers complex mechanics from purely playing against them, it's impossible. Demo can hit shreads that I never even imagined, nurse needs to consider many more situations than I thought, and pyramid isn't as busted as I imagined him. A lot can come from playing the killer.

    There are no complex killer mechanics. As survivors it is prettty easy to deciver how each killer works without playing them for even a second. There is no benefit in playing killer.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655092#Comment_1655092

    People having differing opinions? impossible, clearly someone has to be lying about playing both sides in that case

    Quality sarcasm LOL. I almost choked on my Welch's

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654663#Comment_1654663

    There are no complex killer mechanics. As survivors it is prettty easy to deciver how each killer works without playing them for even a second. There is no benefit in playing killer.

    So are you telling me you can learn everything about a killer by just playing against them as survivor? And all of their counters, mindsets, etc? Because I know that is not the case

  • people should play games solo without DS and see how much fun they have before posting complaint #2000 on it

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655172#Comment_1655172

    So are you telling me you can learn everything about a killer by just playing against them as survivor? And all of their counters, mindsets, etc? Because I know that is not the case

    A lot of their complaints are suddenly making sense >_>;;

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    people should play games solo without DS and see how much fun they have before posting complaint #2000 on it

    I play solo without DS and agree to an extent about the complaints about DS. I'm indifferent as of whether or not it gets nerfed though.

  • Same with survivor. Im sick of people complaining about DS LMAO. Don't tunnel maybe?

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    More people need to start doing this, the amount of arguments I've seen about a killer due to the lack of experience they have against them/playing as them is insane.

    It's obvious I'm mainly referring to deathslinger here, but this also applies to hag, PH, etc, you know them killers.

    Just before I get called out, this does NOT mean I'm trying to say "Oh you're just bad against X killer, git gud". Some killers have some mechanics that are annoying, in fact every killer has something that can be deemed annoying, I hate michael and pig, the killers that are seen as the most "fun" in the game.

    But do not complain about something that is caused by your lack of experience playing as or against the killer.

    And even, if a killer is annoying you, play that killer and see if you find anything such as strategies, that could help against said annoying mechanic. Don't assume that you're some survivor god who knows everything and all possible outcomes against that killer, as it's likely that there's a main of that killer that knows 100x more than you.

    Funny thing is I tell people this all the time! But if we are being honest, there are very few player's like this! Survivor's want to constantly have the 51% advantage in chase and mindlessly loop killers until they are in a dead zone, and killer's just wanna hold W and press M1 when they are close enough!

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655172#Comment_1655172

    So are you telling me you can learn everything about a killer by just playing against them as survivor? And all of their counters, mindsets, etc? Because I know that is not the case

    Yeah that how plain this game works. There is not a single arguments against this.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Michael and Pig are the most fun Killers in the game. Wow...OK.

    How are they not?

  • @LuffyBlack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654437#Comment_1654437

    I would point out that people could still play both sides and could still disagree with you.

    Oh, I don't doubt that for a second. I just never expected people to do so on the level that they did.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655016#Comment_1655016

    He's probably still A Tier, but yeah rework made him sound sooo stupid and the overheat mechanic is annoying. Granted, wish they had left him but in reality I can't see survivors ever stop complaining and given there are likely 4 survivor mains to 1 killer main and the rest 50:50 BHVR sometimes have to appease the swf horde with a sacrificial lamb. If anything killer mains need to protest and go on a 2 day strike to get some of the killers buffed and reworked. As soon as there aren't enough killers to keep queue times short we'll start to see changes that favour them. Having said that it seems PH was actually buffed in the PTB?

    A strike may be too far because why will the devs do anything for us of we dont care for the game and it wasnt really a buff but a quality of life change

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    I did this and people still complained to me that I didn't "understand the killer".

    People's obvious personal biases aside though, this is true for ANY part of the game. People who play both sides not only know the struggles of both, but CAN compare them and make appropriate calls.

    Sadly though, there are people who then call them "entitled [other side] mains" for pointing out the other side of the story.

    Yes, I've learned that I am extremely unpopular amongs the Slinger mains because I used to main him whilst pointing out that it was all down to me screwing up, not the survivor outplaying me.

    They don't like it when you do what they want and still disagree with evidence to back your opinion. They really, really don't like it.

    Still love Slinger. Point that out every chance I get. But I walked far more than a mile in his shoes and still saw massive, massive unfairness.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654898#Comment_1654898

    You dont even need to be out of postion you could see him coming and a pallet could be 10 meters away but you can make it. All he has to do is press m2.

    And killers having too much counter-play is literally a response you can put in the current survey for a killer being TOO WEAK!

    The plague has a strong power in theory but because her power is almost entirely determind by the survivors she is one of the weakest killers in practice in the game.

    Yes if you get caught out(If he's close enough to shoot at 18(13-14 realistically due to travel time and you running away) meters with direct LoS then you were caught out as that's how his power works) then you get smacked but that is also true with most killers.

    In the same situation with an oni you go splat, billy can see that you saw you own demise, blight will run you over, Leather face would show you the pain train, The wraith would go ding dong your dead, the nurse and spirit would make you say nani before you died, and ext.

    If he's close enough to shoot(18 max and 13-14 meters realistically) out in the open with direct LoS away from a pallet nearly any killer could hit you there.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    More people need to start doing this, the amount of arguments I've seen about a killer due to the lack of experience they have against them/playing as them is insane.

    It's obvious I'm mainly referring to deathslinger here, but this also applies to hag, PH, etc, you know them killers.

    Just before I get called out, this does NOT mean I'm trying to say "Oh you're just bad against X killer, git gud". Some killers have some mechanics that are annoying, in fact every killer has something that can be deemed annoying, I hate michael and pig, the killers that are seen as the most "fun" in the game.

    But do not complain about something that is caused by your lack of experience playing as or against the killer.

    And even, if a killer is annoying you, play that killer and see if you find anything such as strategies, that could help against said annoying mechanic. Don't assume that you're some survivor god who knows everything and all possible outcomes against that killer, as it's likely that there's a main of that killer that knows 100x more than you.

    I completely agree. I see so many complaints about even the basic mechanics of being killer that it's obvious they don't play killer. I started playing mainly killer and would complain about survivor things and then when I started playing survivor alot makes sense. I don't act like a toxic player tho, from either side, that's where it gets really annoying and even i complain about it.

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655074#Comment_1655074

    If he thinks you'll dodge and you commit he just lost a hit. Deathslinger isn't op at all in loops, only time he actually shines is in open areas, where you are already screwed with any other ranged killer, nurse? Get blinked on. Huntress? Get sniped Demo? You incorrectly predict them to attack and you get hit PH? Well his ability is crap in the open. Clown? He slows you down and m1 you etc etc. There are killers who do way worse yet yall choose a weak and boring killer to complain about. That's like saying old freddy should have been nerfed.

    I dont think deathslinger is op I'm gonna start off with that. He doesnt just shine in open areas short wall loops, shacks even jungle gyms if ran correctly by the deathslinger.

    Even outside of animation lock and windows all he has to do is put his gun up and walk at you. If he doesnt go for quickshlts and hard aims you have to dodge.

    You could say he has to guess but as soon as you run through he can shoot. On demo it's obvious when hes zoning he also slows down huntress and nurse are whole different story. I think slingers problem is that he in the open can just cheese you. Even against nurse and huntress you still have a chance if there's trees around but slinger it's just cheese.

    Slinger has an oppressive ability thats why we choose him. Atleast for me. That is an opinion technically I suppose since alot of people dont feel that way.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    So since I main Pyramid Head I'm allowed to complain about his lose/lose and how I'm really really glad he got changed to be a lot more skill and prediction based?

    Thanks man! :D

    You have been given a valid opinion by a complete stranger on the internet.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654937#Comment_1654937

    Blah blah blah

    No point arguing with someone that demands all killer powers have clear and defined counterplay.

    Replace killers with bots already because their skill shouldn't matter and it should always be the survivors fault 100% for getting hit.

    It is the single, most boring and frustrating argument in this forum.

    THERE IS A REASON PEOPLE DONT USE PYRAMIDHEADS ATTACK IN THE OPEN because it isn't up to him if the survivor gets hit by it. This is what clear and defined counterplay causes.

    You want Deathslinger to slow to 90% when aiming with a longer aim time and 2 to 3 second cooldown so you can jiggle about and force the teeny tiny hitbox to miss through your "skill" of swiveling a stick. Or be slowed for so long that you reach the safety net every time with no opposition.

    We get it.

    Every killer should at least give you some feedback, and take skill to play, like a nurse, Billy, or blight.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654952#Comment_1654952

    This is a strawman argument and you reaching at everything you can can. I never said I counterplay that's easy, or super clear or whatever you are trying to say. I want counterplay where my input/skill matters. I thought I made that clear. Or maybe you dont have any argument to say so this is your last resort.

    Nobody wants bot killers. Survivors just want a chance to win a chase.

    Azame, don't bother arguing with that guy, trust me, he thinks karu is a bad PH because he doesn't mindlessly zone.

  • I've played a LOT of Deathslinger, and nothing I've learned or do with him has helped me against other Deathslingers at all. All I've learned is that bad Deathslinger players will quickscope at corners almost all the time, and good Deathslinger players have a brain and decent aim and will hit you no matter what because it's physically impossible to react to him shooting you. There's no strat it's just don't get spotted or you die in 10 to 20 seconds, unless they're not aiming well and having an off day or something.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654937#Comment_1654937

    And killers having too much counter-play is literally a response you can put in the current survey for a killer being TOO WEAK!

    The plague has a strong power in theory but because her power is almost entirely determind by the survivors she is one of the weakest killers in practice in the game.

    Yes if you get caught out(If he's close enough to shoot at 18(13-14 realistically due to travel time and you running away) meters with direct LoS then you were caught out as that's how his power works) then you get smacked but that is also true with most killers.

    In the same situation with an oni you go splat, billy can see that you saw you own demise, blight will run you over, Leather face would show you the pain train, The wraith would go ding dong your dead, the nurse and spirit would make you say nani before you died, and ext.

    If he's close enough to shoot(18 max and 13-14 meters realistically) out in the open with direct LoS away from a pallet nearly any killer could hit you there.

    Yes I understand if you are out of position any killer could get you that's not even what I'm arguing.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654804#Comment_1654804

    You have been given a valid opinion by a complete stranger on the internet.

    It makes the argument more valid but it doesn't automatically make your arguments correct. You just won't complain about things that weaker players would.

    Of course, whether it's right or wrong mainly comes down to opinion.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655004#Comment_1655004

    Azame, don't bother arguing with that guy, trust me, he thinks karu is a bad PH because he doesn't mindlessly zone.

    Wait what? He thinks karu of all people is bad at PH? Alrigt thanks for the info music nerd I guess I'll stop it there.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655548#Comment_1655548

    Wait what? He thinks karu of all people is bad at PH? Alrigt thanks for the info music nerd I guess I'll stop it there.

    Yes, do you know his reason? Because karu goes for skillful shots and doesn't play him "optimally" by zoning with no counterplay.

  • why are you kicking my gens?

    Untitled Image


  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655574#Comment_1655574

    Yes, do you know his reason? Because karu goes for skillful shots and doesn't play him "optimally" by zoning with no counterplay.

    So becaus karu rather use the power for it's intended use hes bad? Yikes I havent really interacted with him head on much I would never know.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655092#Comment_1655092

    Oh, I don't doubt that for a second. I just never expected people to do so on the level that they did.

    That's fair.

  • NGL I'm a little guilty of this with DS. He's fun AF to play but I still think he's really easy. Now against top tier skilled survivors it gets a bit difficult they almost always get a 4k escape on me. But all the other killers that I think are BS other than nurse. I still think are decently easy. PH before was the same as DS for me but after his changes it's easier since you can spam the power more. But spirit is easy if you use headset.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Michael and Pig are the most fun Killers in the game. Wow...OK.

    Blight is most fun for me. Next in line is DS, Demo, Spirit, Huntress. Everyone else is a pain in my ass to play as.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654952#Comment_1654952

    This is a strawman argument and you reaching at everything you can can. I never said I counterplay that's easy, or super clear or whatever you are trying to say. I want counterplay where my input/skill matters. I thought I made that clear. Or maybe you dont have any argument to say so this is your last resort.

    Nobody wants bot killers. Survivors just want a chance to win a chase.

    The controls in this game are to basic for your input to matter beyond what i just said.

    For your input to matter beyond 50/50 guessing, the killers input can't matter.

    You want to force Deathslinger to shoot or be punnished giving you an extra loop or letting you get in position.

    At 25 ping almost everyone reacts to the initial aim before i can even physically shoot.

    Putting known and reliable restrictions on him would kill him if their changes to hit detection work

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654804#Comment_1654804

    You have been given a valid opinion by a complete stranger on the internet.

    :D

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655548#Comment_1655548

    Wait what? He thinks karu of all people is bad at PH? Alrigt thanks for the info music nerd I guess I'll stop it there.

    Oh yeah you really didn't know? Because I actually try for fun trickshots and hit them, I'm not good, every single survivor I've faced since June/July has just been bad. It's got nothing to do with my skill, at all, only that of the survivors, since clearly your skill doesn't matter no matter what you do 🙃

    Ngl I think they're just jealous they can't have these fabulous hits

    Untitled Image


1 2 3