So devs is this your way of addressing stretched res?

Macmillan walls are pretty high. Not that I care, but if you are gonna do something atleast say it. I get the community is harsh sometimes but a shadow nerf.

What is the opinion on stretched res I'd like to know.

I really didnt want to do this but fine.

Stretched gives you built in light born as killer. Is anyone gonna mention this or it only survivors that cheat?

https://m.twitch.tv/clip/KathishFragileHyenaCeilingCat

Here since you can apparently see more of killer I had to provide proof.

One more thing 1600 x 1080 stretched.

1080 x 1080 is the more sus one for killer and survivor since it gives you built in lightborn and I think is the only one that maybe allows to see over loops.

Comments

  • Doesn't fix the problem of you being able to see to the other side of the map when you shouldn't

  • Can you give me a screenshot? I'd like to see.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    How is doing something against a form of cheating considered a "shadow nerf"?

    I fail to see how its cheating when it doesnt let you see more of the killer.

  • I hate it.

    I'm a Clown player, and Clown needs to be able to do artillery throws over jungle gyms.

    If the walls are too high, he just can't do that.

  • @Zozzy said:

    Doesn't fix the problem of you being able to see to the other side of the map when you shouldn't

    Yes becuase the other side of the map clearly helps in chase.

    /s

  • @Bard said:

    I hate it.

    I'm a Clown player, and Clown needs to be able to do artillery throws over jungle gyms.

    If the walls are too high, he just can't do that.

    I mean the devs could adjust the res so no extra fov is gained.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    Can you give me a screenshot? I'd like to see.

    I cant just find a screen shot of a wall. I seen it in gameplay. Also the walls are longer and easier to loop/hold angles. I'll see what I can do.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653326#Comment_1653326

    I cant just find a screen shot of a wall. I seen it in gameplay. Also the walls are longer and easier to loop/hold angles. I'll see what I can do.

    It's good, I found it on a otz stream. Why did they have to change coal tower? It was balanced, lol.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653337#Comment_1653337

    It's good, I found it on a otz stream. Why did they have to change coal tower? It was balanced, lol.

    Good I was just about to show you. Also I dont know coal tower was fairly balanced kinda sucks they are changing fine maps.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653340#Comment_1653340

    Good I was just about to show you. Also I dont know coal tower was fairly balanced kinda sucks they are changing fine maps.

    Yeah, and breakable walls are ######### stupid, they massacred coal tower.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653343#Comment_1653343

    Yeah, and breakable walls are ######### stupid, they massacred coal tower.

    They added back alot of infinites but used breakable walls to justify them.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653345#Comment_1653345

    They added back alot of infinites but used breakable walls to justify them.

    I know, and I hate it, especially since they brung back the god window on top of ironworks.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653347#Comment_1653347

    I know, and I hate it, especially since they brung back the god window on top of ironworks.

    They did that window is gonna be heat for the survivors and really bad for killers.

  • You’re defending stretched res? On top of playing Shmokette with OoO and sprint burst?

    Be honest, are you just here to bait the killer mains? Doing a little “clicky clicky” with your flashlight outside of the game?

  • My opinion on stretched res is like using the fish eye cam lens/setting to send a **** pic.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    You’re defending stretched res? On top of playing Shmokette with OoO and sprint burst?

    Be honest, are you just here to bait the killer mains? Doing a little “clicky clicky” with your flashlight outside of the game?

    I mean sure I'll defend it. It does give an advantage but it does not let you see more of the killer. The advantage is seeing more terrain. Also nice use of shmockette. I am indeed one of those.

    Once again OoO is my favorite perk I'm gonna run it. Would you rather me run dead hard than sprint burst?

    I appreciate the killer mains. They put up with those actually toxic survivors, the clowns who say fine things need to get nerfed. If my opinion is a clicky clicky sure get outplayed lol.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    My opinion on stretched res is like using the fish eye cam lens/setting to send a **** pic.

    Before I sign off, If you use stretch rez on DBD, I'm 85% sure you use stretch rez on something else 🤣

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653592#Comment_1653592

    Before I sign off, If you use stretch rez on DBD, I'm 85% sure you use stretch rez on something else 🤣

    That's usually the case for most of stretched res users. It's used on other games.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653590#Comment_1653590

    I mean sure I'll defend it. It does give an advantage but it does not let you see more of the killer. The advantage is seeing more terrain. Also nice use of shmockette. I am indeed one of those.

    Once again OoO is my favorite perk I'm gonna run it. Would you rather me run dead hard than sprint burst?

    I appreciate the killer mains. They put up with those actually toxic survivors, the clowns who say fine things need to get nerfed. If my opinion is a clicky clicky sure get outplayed lol.

    I don’t know what to say. You’re everything I stand against lol. I mean no offence but you’re the kind of survivor I would tunnel in game. I don’t mean a playful Trapper kind of tunneling, I mean an OG Freddy down to business kind of tunneling.

    Claudette with OoO, stretched res and sprint burst shudders

    I have nothing against you but for both our sanity let out paths never cross in game lol OoO is like a red flag to a bull for me, I can’t ignore it.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653594#Comment_1653594

    I don’t know what to say. You’re everything I stand against lol. I mean no offence but you’re the kind of survivor I would tunnel in game. I don’t mean a playful Trapper kind of tunneling, I mean an OG Freddy down to business kind of tunneling.

    Claudette with OoO, stretched res and sprint burst shudders

    I have nothing against you but for both our sanity let out paths never cross in game lol OoO is like a red flag to a bull for me, I can’t ignore it.

    My friend clicky I hope we go against eachother now. I want to run you ad survivor and also see how good you really are. Og freddy tunneling should never be spoken about. Litterally my only gripe against him. That isnta tunnel.

    Also I'm on xbox so I cant use stretch res. But object and sprint burst definetly! My sanity will be fine if i go against you I always have adrenaline and hope so as long as I make it to end game I survive.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653595#Comment_1653595

    That's usually the case for most of stretched res users. It's used on other games.

    it was a wiener joke, most dudes who use stretch rez, use some form of stretch rez when sending wiener pics....It's never as funny if I have to explain it...

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653596#Comment_1653596

    it was a wiener joke, most dudes who use stretch rez, use some form of stretch rez when sending wiener pics....It's never as funny if I have to explain it...

    I already knew it was a glizzy joke. It was pretty funny.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653328#Comment_1653328

    I mean the devs could adjust the res so no extra fov is gained.

    As long as FOV is Gaines while using stretched res it's an unfair advantage.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653597#Comment_1653597

    My friend clicky I hope we go against eachother now. I want to run you ad survivor and also see how good you really are. Og freddy tunneling should never be spoken about. Litterally my only gripe against him. That isnta tunnel.

    Also I'm on xbox so I cant use stretch res. But object and sprint burst definetly! My sanity will be fine if i go against you I always have adrenaline and hope so as long as I make it to end game I survive.

    Good lord adrenaline and hope. The swf rush gens for that end game invincibility. Even NOED is useless.

    See I’ve been taking Rancor recently to punish OoO users but with that build I’m guessing you sprint off into the distance only for me to catch a glimpse of you lovingly tbagging me from the exit gates. I’ve never actually prepared for that kind of endgame survivor build 🤔

    It’s either gonna have to be lobby dodge or an ebony I’m afraid. Likely the dodge as nobody willingly enters a game with an OoO Claudette with purple flashlight. Its not good for stress levels.

  • @ClickyClicky

    Just practice nurse, any OoO user regrets to bring the perk when you decide to tunnel.

  • You can't see over any current maze tile wall with any kind of stretched res. The fact that you could is a community urban legend. Stop believing anything content creators say for clicks.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653606#Comment_1653606

    Good lord adrenaline and hope. The swf rush gens for that end game invincibility. Even NOED is useless.

    See I’ve been taking Rancor recently to punish OoO users but with that build I’m guessing you sprint off into the distance only for me to catch a glimpse of you lovingly tbagging me from the exit gates. I’ve never actually prepared for that kind of endgame survivor build 🤔

    It’s either gonna have to be lobby dodge or an ebony I’m afraid. Likely the dodge as nobody willingly enters a game with an OoO Claudette with purple flashlight. Its not good for stress levels.

    To be fair when I've seen Azame play they don't exactly 4 man stack ds/unbreakable and don't clicky clicky at the gates either. I'll admit I haven't seen much but they're significantly nicer than most other claudette players, especially with OoO and a purple Beamer

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653294#Comment_1653294

    I fail to see how its cheating when it doesnt let you see more of the killer.

    It does let you see significantly more of the killer because it increases your fov if you don't believe me test it yourself make a Screenshot then restart the game in stretched make a Screenshot of exactly the same place on the same map and you realize that you can see more

  • Was incredibly disappointed with how stretched screen is handled in this game or widescreen. I can't even see the full body of characters like normal... Like #########?? Having a wide screen should enhance the game's experience not make it worse. You naturally should be able to see more and like OP said wide-screen doesn't help in chase that's all your skill.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653597#Comment_1653597

    My friend clicky I hope we go against eachother now. I want to run you ad survivor and also see how good you really are. Og freddy tunneling should never be spoken about. Litterally my only gripe against him. That isnta tunnel.

    Also I'm on xbox so I cant use stretch res. But object and sprint burst definetly! My sanity will be fine if i go against you I always have adrenaline and hope so as long as I make it to end game I survive.

    I saw your name like 2-3 days ago on a female's stream that i watch.

    Yamaoka Family residence, Laurie, tier 1 OoO, and getting smacked by LF. You were slugged on the ground like 5 times and die at the end with an easy chainsaw. Is that you?

  • @Endstille said:

    @ClickyClicky

    Just practice nurse, any OoO user regrets to bring the perk when you decide to tunnel.

    Pyramid is doing ok with them. When they look at you from the cage and give away their aura, their own perk brings about their death. I love it. Theres always someone that will farm them just as you make your way over there too so no need to worry about the cage disappearing.

    I can see that getting changed though because “its not fair to OoO users” 🙄

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653659#Comment_1653659

    Pyramid is doing ok with them. When they look at you from the cage and give away their aura, their own perk brings about their death. I love it. Theres always someone that will farm them just as you make your way over there too so no need to worry about the cage disappearing.

    I can see that getting changed though because “its not fair to OoO users” 🙄

    I love ghostface against them the only problem is it shouldnt light up in my opinion.

  • I this thread even about anything? like seriously?

  • @Endstille said:

    @ClickyClicky

    Just practice nurse, any OoO user regrets to bring the perk when you decide to tunnel.

    Can confirm, I'm a good nurse that has ######### perks yet I can end chases with any person quickly

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653659#Comment_1653659

    Pyramid is doing ok with them. When they look at you from the cage and give away their aura, their own perk brings about their death. I love it. Theres always someone that will farm them just as you make your way over there too so no need to worry about the cage disappearing.

    I can see that getting changed though because “its not fair to OoO users” 🙄

    So much work, first getting them tormented, sending them to the cage you know that it isn't efficient. Jokes aside, we will see how they continue to change ph, i doubt the threads will die.

    @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653659#Comment_1653659

    Can confirm, I'm a good nurse that has ######### perks yet I can end chases with any person quickly

    No worries you will find your match at some point, see nurse isn't unfair, just needs good survivors that actually win mindgames. In general however yeah most people do struggle to play against her.

  • The resolution stuff s lame, but I genuinely can't even imagine anyone getting worked up about it when its somehow a fact of life that any given match might involve players with instant communication and shared information in a game entirely balanced & designed around the fact that players have none of that.

    Voice communication may not be cheating according to the devs, but its certainly de-facto cheating. The plethora of advantages so throughouhgly and effortlessly blast any otherwise balanced match out of the water that it just seems preposterous to me ever caring the slightest bit about res-stretching first.

    I'm not making that usual fallacy that you can't care about two things, or that only optimal improvements are worth pursuing. I'm pointing out the impact of stretching is so marginal to the point of absurdity compared to the issue & cheating that plagues every faucet of this game.

    Every breath spent on res-scratching instead of addressing the voice com cancer is like... focusing on a paper cut while you bleed out on the floor from being shanked.

  • Yeah, they should probably just ban everyone who cheats like that and be done with it. Then we can get map reworks that don't cater to cheaters.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653590#Comment_1653590

    I mean sure I'll defend it. It does give an advantage but it does not let you see more of the killer. The advantage is seeing more terrain. Also nice use of shmockette. I am indeed one of those.

    Once again OoO is my favorite perk I'm gonna run it. Would you rather me run dead hard than sprint burst?

    I appreciate the killer mains. They put up with those actually toxic survivors, the clowns who say fine things need to get nerfed. If my opinion is a clicky clicky sure get outplayed lol.

    If a wider FoV isn't an advantage, can we get it as an option slider for killers? without having to use a perk for it?

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653294#Comment_1653294

    I fail to see how its cheating when it doesnt let you see more of the killer.

    LOL it DOES let you see more of the killer, you can see over walls you wouldn't normally and completely avoid mindgames. This says a lot about you, I'll remember this thread when I see your future posts. lol.

  • @xenofon13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653606#Comment_1653606

    I saw your name like 2-3 days ago on a female's stream that i watch.

    Yamaoka Family residence, Laurie, tier 1 OoO, and getting smacked by LF. You were slugged on the ground like 5 times and die at the end with an easy chainsaw. Is that you?

    He/she also posted a video some weeks before where he/she wanted to ,,prove" that spirit is uncounterable.

    Meanwhile he left his mates to die and complained that he got sluggen besides the fact he keepts pressing the run buttom so no one could pick him up when his mates tried it.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653590#Comment_1653590

    I mean sure I'll defend it. It does give an advantage but it does not let you see more of the killer. The advantage is seeing more terrain. Also nice use of shmockette. I am indeed one of those.

    Once again OoO is my favorite perk I'm gonna run it. Would you rather me run dead hard than sprint burst?

    I appreciate the killer mains. They put up with those actually toxic survivors, the clowns who say fine things need to get nerfed. If my opinion is a clicky clicky sure get outplayed lol.

    so you acknowledge that using stretched resolution give you an advantage or seeing more than the usual survivor ? With the best example being the square walls on macmillan estate : with streched you can see where the killer is going, without you cannot = huge advantage over the killer = cheating.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653704#Comment_1653704

    He/she also posted a video some weeks before where he/she wanted to ,,prove" that spirit is uncounterable.

    Meanwhile he left his mates to die and complained that he got sluggen besides the fact he keepts pressing the run buttom so no one could pick him up when his mates tried it.

    Im a he and I fail to see the relevancy of that spirit post. Also it was a month ago. I never complained about getting slugged. She did refuse to pick me up though. Also I was swf my teammates didnt want to play that game it was our 3rd spirit.

  • @xenofon13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653606#Comment_1653606

    I saw your name like 2-3 days ago on a female's stream that i watch.

    Yamaoka Family residence, Laurie, tier 1 OoO, and getting smacked by LF. You were slugged on the ground like 5 times and die at the end with an easy chainsaw. Is that you?

    Yes that was me that bubba had bamboozle on yamaoka with no windows close enough to chain and to top that off filler pallets that are so short you can side step them. I'd really like to know how would last.

    Bamboozles only counter is chaining windows but you cant chain windows when the tiles are too far.

  • @Adeloo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653594#Comment_1653594

    so you acknowledge that using stretched resolution give you an advantage or seeing more than the usual survivor ? With the best example being the square walls on macmillan estate : with streched you can see where the killer is going, without you cannot = huge advantage over the killer = cheating.

    Yes I can acknowledge that but what exactly does that information so for you in a chase? It's not ggiving you super powers or making loops impossible to mindgame. Also specify the stretched something like 1600 x 1080 isnt cheating.

  • @lucid4444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653327#Comment_1653327

    LOL it DOES let you see more of the killer, you can see over walls you wouldn't normally and completely avoid mindgames. This says a lot about you, I'll remember this thread when I see your future posts. lol.

    Can you provide me a clip where it shows you more of the killer then. Also could you specify which stretched we are referring to. What about ayruns 1811 x 1080 stretched dis that cheating too? It's way too close ot native.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653594#Comment_1653594

    If a wider FoV isn't an advantage, can we get it as an option slider for killers? without having to use a perk for it?

    I won't mind. If it was for killers. They would have to fix the built in light born killers get with it. :)

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654123#Comment_1654123

    Yes I can acknowledge that but what exactly does that information so for you in a chase? It's not ggiving you super powers or making loops impossible to mindgame. Also specify the stretched something like 1600 x 1080 isnt cheating.

    you see the red light better and can see the killer head when you shouldn't, if that doesn't sounds like unfair advantage not meant to be then i don't know what i can do for you...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653327#Comment_1653327

    You just said it on your post that high walls are a "nerf" to stretched res users, but you don't think it gives you unfair advantage?

    In a chase it doesnt give an advantage. It gives an advantage if you care about seeing more terrain.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654110#Comment_1654110

    Im a he and I fail to see the relevancy of that spirit post. Also it was a month ago. I never complained about getting slugged. She did refuse to pick me up though. Also I was swf my teammates didnt want to play that game it was our 3rd spirit.

    Then why did they tried to pick you up? Also it seemed like they still wanted to play tho.

    Also if you cant handle playing against certein things then stop playing.


    But of course you complain about others while you self run Object and SWF with DS and so on.But then proceed to complain about spirit etc.


    As it isnt already enough that you play with sretched res.

  • @Adeloo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654216#Comment_1654216

    you see the red light better and can see the killer head when you shouldn't, if that doesn't sounds like unfair advantage not meant to be then i don't know what i can do for you...

    Go check my op I added some stuff. Also a video. Seeing the red stain when you shouldnt with the use of third part programs is cheating.

‹ 1 2