So devs is this your way of addressing stretched res?

Macmillan walls are pretty high. Not that I care, but if you are gonna do something atleast say it. I get the community is harsh sometimes but a shadow nerf.

What is the opinion on stretched res I'd like to know.

I really didnt want to do this but fine.

Stretched gives you built in light born as killer. Is anyone gonna mention this or it only survivors that cheat?

https://m.twitch.tv/clip/KathishFragileHyenaCeilingCat

Here since you can apparently see more of killer I had to provide proof.

One more thing 1600 x 1080 stretched.

1080 x 1080 is the more sus one for killer and survivor since it gives you built in lightborn and I think is the only one that maybe allows to see over loops.

Comments

  • @Adeloo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653594#Comment_1653594

    so you acknowledge that using stretched resolution give you an advantage or seeing more than the usual survivor ? With the best example being the square walls on macmillan estate : with streched you can see where the killer is going, without you cannot = huge advantage over the killer = cheating.

    What square walls? There's no way to see over walls currently, barring hacks.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653294#Comment_1653294

    I fail to see how its cheating when it doesnt let you see more of the killer.

    Let's pretend you are just a naive beginner player

    https://youtu.be/5CYOAWnUXfA?t=285

    https://youtu.be/NbEsbsxjsOQ?t=191

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654207#Comment_1654207

    Then why did they tried to pick you up? Also it seemed like they still wanted to play tho.

    Also if you cant handle playing against certein things then stop playing.

    But of course you complain about others while you self run Object and SWF with DS and so on.But then proceed to complain about spirit etc.

    As it isnt already enough that you play with sretched res.

    Sigh they told me they were bored and wanted to die. Also even if I want to die against a slinger I still attempt to try and get a chase.

    Heres the thing even with these pretty boring killers. Not all of them are super amazing so I Im chilling right now. Another thing is the sc penalty is off so I have that on deck.

    I run OoO solo am I supposed to take it off when I'm with friends? I havent ran DS is a long time but hey assume I guess? Another thing is when I run object I dont make callouts like location only callouts that are made is the killer and if they are coming but other than that I dont see why this is relevant.

    I'm an xbox player I cant even use stretched res.

  • That's super high resolution I'm referring to 1600 x 1080 which I will edit my post again to make sure it specifies.

    https://m.twitch.tv/clip/KathishFragileHyenaCeilingCat

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654232#Comment_1654232

    Sigh they told me they were bored and wanted to die. Also even if I want to die against a slinger I still attempt to try and get a chase.

    Heres the thing even with these pretty boring killers. Not all of them are super amazing so I Im chilling right now. Another thing is the sc penalty is off so I have that on deck.

    I run OoO solo am I supposed to take it off when I'm with friends? I havent ran DS is a long time but hey assume I guess? Another thing is when I run object I dont make callouts like location only callouts that are made is the killer and if they are coming but other than that I dont see why this is relevant.

    I'm an xbox player I cant even use stretched res.

    I am not complaining about what you use - you can use and play however YOU want but then dont complain if others also play with what THEY want and HOW they want.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654096#Comment_1654096

    Can you provide me a clip where it shows you more of the killer then. Also could you specify which stretched we are referring to. What about ayruns 1811 x 1080 stretched dis that cheating too? It's way too close ot native.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CYOAWnUXfA

    if you don't like this youtuber, try this one

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbEsbsxjsOQ


    I mean just google it. But since you're defending it I'm guessing you're just pretending

  • @lucid4444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654222#Comment_1654222

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CYOAWnUXfA

    if you don't like this youtuber, try this one

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbEsbsxjsOQ

    I mean just google it. But since you're defending it I'm guessing you're just pretending

    https://m.twitch.tv/clip/KathishFragileHyenaCeilingCat

    So that is really stretched please check the of comment.

    1600 x 1080 is the one I'm defending. Bet you didnt know this type of stretched is cheating for killers did you? ( not 1600 x 1080 if I'm unclear)

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654247#Comment_1654247

    I am not complaining about what you use - you can use and play however YOU want but then dont complain if others also play with what THEY want and HOW they want.

    When did I complain others and what they use I'm complaing about the killer and how they are designed. I cant tell if that's a strawman but this was completely just irrelevant and not even what I was talking about.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654272#Comment_1654272

    https://m.twitch.tv/clip/KathishFragileHyenaCeilingCat

    So that is really stretched please check the of comment.

    1600 x 1080 is the one I'm defending. Bet you didnt know this type of stretched is cheating for killers did you? ( not 1600 x 1080 if I'm unclear)

    artificially stretching your resolution as a killer is just the same as a survivor.. of course it's cheating even if there are different benefits.

  • @lucid4444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654279#Comment_1654279

    artificially stretching your resolution as a killer is just the same as a survivor.. of course it's cheating even if there are different benefits.

    Also I want to point out th as t in the clips that feng min wasnt looking down. Any experienced survivor looks down to either see more over loops or see in a crack. Kinda ruins its validity but I dont think you noticed that did you?

    I also appreciate that you can admit its cheating when killers use it like that.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654084#Comment_1654084

    I won't mind. If it was for killers. They would have to fix the built in light born killers get with it. :)

    Considering there is no "built in lightborn" i'm guessing you mean you not being able to aim a flashlight? I agree that they need to pick an aiming method and stick with it, but you're being pretty disingenuous. Especially considering actual free perks are granted by actual "bugs" in things like survivors losing all sound while not even having iron will.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654225#Comment_1654225

    Considering there is no "built in lightborn" i'm guessing you mean you not being able to aim a flashlight? I agree that they need to pick an aiming method and stick with it, but you're being pretty disingenuous. Especially considering actual free perks are granted by actual "bugs" in things like survivors losing all sound while not even having iron will.

    Built in lightborn in a sense you can look down but see what's above you perfectly. You could essentially play the map while never turning your head up. It's not a bug it's really stretched screen for killers. You clearly didnt know this nor where you gonna bring it up right?

    https://m.twitch.tv/clip/KathishFragileHyenaCeilingCat

    Also in the clips where its proved to be cheating that feng isnt aiming down. You can see over most those tiles on native as a console player I can confirm.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654271#Comment_1654271

    When did I complain others and what they use I'm complaing about the killer and how they are designed. I cant tell if that's a strawman but this was completely just irrelevant and not even what I was talking about.

    So you are telling me you NEVER complained that you get slugged, camped or tunneled or whatever else?

    And you never make these stupid ,,Them vs us" threads to bash about players like this? Cmon

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654303#Comment_1654303

    Built in lightborn in a sense you can look down but see what's above you perfectly. You could essentially play the map while never turning your head up. It's not a bug it's really stretched screen for killers. You clearly didnt know this nor where you gonna bring it up right?

    https://m.twitch.tv/clip/KathishFragileHyenaCeilingCat

    Also in the clips where its proved to be cheating that feng isnt aiming down. You can see over most those tiles on native as a console player I can confirm.

    I mean, it takes time to blind, so any killer can just.... not look directly at you when you try to blind? You're making it sound like killers suddenly can't be blinded while animation locked or something, which is the only time you should really actually be able to land a blind if the killer has a working mouse (or right thumbstick)

    In any case, with that link you posted, you can still see more of the loop in, which not only gives you more information for routing but would also allow you to easier see the red glow around the sides of the loop, or even on other terrain if the killer moonwalks to hide it. It's adjusting game files to give yourself an unintended advantage, I.E cheating.

    Honestly, the thing that pisses me off the most about this crap is the people who defend abusing stuff like this are the excuse the devs have been using to avoid putting colorblind options in the game for years. They won't do it because non-colorblind people will exploit it. Way to prove them right.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654287#Comment_1654287

    So you are telling me you NEVER complained that you get slugged, camped or tunneled or whatever else?

    And you never make these stupid ,,Them vs us" threads to bash about players like this? Cmon

    Maybe back in the day I complained about slugs. I dont even complain about getting tunneled that's fun. Camping is annoying but in a good swf team it's possible to counter.

    I could definitely make better threads as it seems us vs them but I truly do appreciate and do not dislike killer mains.

    Also once again I never complained about players, nor what they did in that old post I made. But I guess keep bringing it up?

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654313#Comment_1654313

    I mean, it takes time to blind, so any killer can just.... not look directly at you when you try to blind? You're making it sound like killers suddenly can't be blinded while animation locked or something, which is the only time you should really actually be able to land a blind if the killer has a working mouse (or right thumbstick)

    In any case, with that link you posted, you can still see more of the loop in, which not only gives you more information for routing but would also allow you to easier see the red glow around the sides of the loop, or even on other terrain if the killer moonwalks to hide it. It's adjusting game files to give yourself an unintended advantage, I.E cheating.

    Honestly, the thing that pisses me off the most about this crap is the people who defend abusing stuff like this are the excuse the devs have been using to avoid putting colorblind options in the game for years. They won't do it because non-colorblind people will exploit it. Way to prove them right.

    That doesnt matter it's still technically cheating. The killer can still just look down and never have to look up. Its still cheating. It allows you to see normally while looking down!

    The routing doesnt matter if you have already scouted the map before hand which is what most survivors do. You could already see the red glow before he stretched it. Why would the killer leave the loop the survivor is? If they moonwalk you arent gonna be able to see it.

    You are defending the fact that you can look down and still see perfectly and play the game like that. Hypocrite much? Maybe if the devs werent so incompetent color blind settings wouldnt give an advantage it's not the players fault.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654291#Comment_1654291

    Also I want to point out th as t in the clips that feng min wasnt looking down. Any experienced survivor looks down to either see more over loops or see in a crack. Kinda ruins its validity but I dont think you noticed that did you?

    I also appreciate that you can admit its cheating when killers use it like that.

    "Kinda ruins its validity but I dont think you noticed that did you?"

    "Bet you didnt know this type of stretched is cheating for killers did you?"

    You're so pretentious lol. Twice now you've just assumed what I think out of nowhere. You're just grasping at straws to justify the cheating.

  • @lucid4444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654301#Comment_1654301

    "Kinda ruins its validity but I dont think you noticed that did you?"

    "Bet you didnt know this type of stretched is cheating for killers did you?"

    You're so pretentious lol. Twice now you've just assumed what I think out of nowhere. You're just grasping at straws to justify the cheating.

    Yeah I'm sorry about that I'm kinda frustrated I have multiple people coming at me. Excuse that but please since these were all assumptions you knew both correct?

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654349#Comment_1654349

    Yeah I'm sorry about that I'm kinda frustrated I have multiple people coming at me. Excuse that but please since these were all assumptions you knew both correct?

    yes i knew that you can stretch screens on killers, and looking down rotates your camera so you can see over edges better

  • @lucid4444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654356#Comment_1654356

    yes i knew that you can stretch screens on killers, and looking down rotates your camera so you can see over edges better

    I'd also like to point out that the advantage is supposed to be there when the killer is hugging a tall loop but they are always really far back. Still messes with the validity but I guess im just a toxic survivor main.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654325#Comment_1654325

    That doesnt matter it's still technically cheating. The killer can still just look down and never have to look up. Its still cheating. It allows you to see normally while looking down!

    The routing doesnt matter if you have already scouted the map before hand which is what most survivors do. You could already see the red glow before he stretched it. Why would the killer leave the loop the survivor is? If they moonwalk you arent gonna be able to see it.

    You are defending the fact that you can look down and still see perfectly and play the game like that. Hypocrite much? Maybe if the devs werent so incompetent color blind settings wouldnt give an advantage it's not the players fault.

    stretched res is cheating for both sides. Are you implying that I somehow claimed it wasn't? When did I defend anything about stretched res?

    Also having access to that information DOES matter, because it lets you see if pallets have been wasted or not, as well as seeing other loops/windows you can route to. That is free information.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654349#Comment_1654349

    Yeah I'm sorry about that I'm kinda frustrated I have multiple people coming at me. Excuse that but please since these were all assumptions you knew both correct?

    Projecting onto others not only doesn't help win them over, but it makes your viewpoint look less genuine.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654347#Comment_1654347

    stretched res is cheating for both sides. Are you implying that I somehow claimed it wasn't? When did I defend anything about stretched res?

    Also having access to that information DOES matter, because it lets you see if pallets have been wasted or not, as well as seeing other loops/windows you can route to. That is free information.

    Well you did say it on a tone of it "it doesnt really matter because it takes time to blind anyways." Sounds like you are defending it right there.

    In a swf that information is useless due to callouts. Also once again scouting the map is going to render that info useless.

    @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654356#Comment_1654356

    Projecting onto others not only doesn't help win them over, but it makes your viewpoint look less genuine.

    All I did was make a couple assumptions I didnt even write in an angry or hateful tone. It was more snarky than anything.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654378#Comment_1654378

    Well you did say it on a tone of it "it doesnt really matter because it takes time to blind anyways." Sounds like you are defending it right there.

    In a swf that information is useless due to callouts. Also once again scouting the map is going to render that info useless.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654387#Comment_1654387

    All I did was make a couple assumptions I didnt even write in an angry or hateful tone. It was more snarky than anything.

    "Argument by projection is when someone makes a point, but is actually against it. This is usually done as a cover so that their argument seems more rational, and their opponent’s argument irrational." Your implication was purely because you wanted to be right, so you tried to tell me what I said rather than actually take the information at face value. This is a big part of why you think people "gang up" on you in these forums, you're constantly misrepresenting them to yourself to try to solidify your belief.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654389#Comment_1654389

    "Argument by projection is when someone makes a point, but is actually against it. This is usually done as a cover so that their argument seems more rational, and their opponent’s argument irrational." Your implication was purely because you wanted to be right, so you tried to tell me what I said rather than actually take the information at face value. This is a big part of why you think people "gang up" on you in these forums, you're constantly misrepresenting them to yourself to try to solidify your belief.

    I mean, it takes time to blind, so any killer can just.... not look directly at you when you try to blind? You're making it sound like killers suddenly can't be blinded while animation locked or something, which is the only time you should really actually be able to land a blind if the killer has a working mouse (or right thumbstick)

    So where exactly did you say you disagree with doing this? This works especially well with spirit and nurse. For nurse fatigue is pretty much non existent and spirit you can fair your phase much easier because a survivor witn a flashlight cant check.

    I think you can blind at a pallet still or amy other animation lock but it doesnt remove the fact that any time your character does an animation of looking down you can still see relatively normal.

    So are you trying to tell me that I'm just misinterpreting what everyone in this thread is saying and they arent against stretched res? Alright man this is no where close to what the actual thread is about. What even is your argument?

    I also dont think people constantly gang up on me. I do however think I can have multiple people disagree with me because thays just how opinions work.

    Also I didnt really project anything I made two assumptions. That's literally all it was. I could of got angry or wrote something rude but I didnt.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654403#Comment_1654403

    I mean, it takes time to blind, so any killer can just.... not look directly at you when you try to blind? You're making it sound like killers suddenly can't be blinded while animation locked or something, which is the only time you should really actually be able to land a blind if the killer has a working mouse (or right thumbstick)

    So where exactly did you say you disagree with doing this? This works especially well with spirit and nurse. For nurse fatigue is pretty much non existent and spirit you can fair your phase much easier because a survivor witn a flashlight cant check.

    I think you can blind at a pallet still or amy other animation lock but it doesnt remove the fact that any time your character does an animation of looking down you can still see relatively normal.

    So are you trying to tell me that I'm just misinterpreting what everyone in this thread is saying and they arent against stretched res? Alright man this is no where close to what the actual thread is about. What even is your argument?

    I also dont think people constantly gang up on me. I do however think I can have multiple people disagree with me because thays just how opinions work.

    Also I didnt really project anything I made two assumptions. That's literally all it was. I could of got angry or wrote something rude but I didnt.

    @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654349#Comment_1654349

    Yeah I'm sorry about that I'm kinda frustrated I have multiple people coming at me. Excuse that but please since these were all assumptions you knew both correct?

    You said it right there. You also conflated everyone who disagrees with you to the same exact stance, which is likely why you were so willing to tell us what we think. Also, you're claiming that by not disavowing something directly, you're allowed to put words in my mouth and misrepresent my position. nice.

    Back on topic: My argument is that stretched res is cheating, which is something you have tried to claim it wasn't in regards to survivor multiple times. The twitch clip you posted is even a streamer trying to make the argument that it isn't cheating. Not only that, but you then tried to claim that it IS cheating, but only for killers using it. My argument, along with multiple other people in this thread, is that all stretched res is cheating, even if you disagree with the benefit of it.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654448#Comment_1654448

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654356#Comment_1654356

    You said it right there. You also conflated everyone who disagrees with you to the same exact stance, which is likely why you were so willing to tell us what we think. Also, you're claiming that by not disavowing something directly, you're allowed to put words in my mouth and misrepresent my position. nice.

    Back on topic: My argument is that stretched res is cheating, which is something you have tried to claim it wasn't in regards to survivor multiple times. The twitch clip you posted is even a streamer trying to make the argument that it isn't cheating. Not only that, but you then tried to claim that it IS cheating, but only for killers using it. My argument, along with multiple other people in this thread, is that all stretched res is cheating, even if you disagree with the benefit of it.

    I'm going off of what you write plain and simple. If you dont want to be misinterpreted clarify. You cant say im just minterpreting what you say but then not clarify.

    Im going to be more clear and try to say my approach one more time.

    Stretched res isnt cheating atleast for survivors. Even 1080 x 1080 doesnt let you see more of the killer when running a loop. If anything its cheating for killers because well built in lightborn, non existent fatigue.

    Also the everyone in here isnt speaking about cheating with stretched for killers. It's all about how its unfair survivors use it. I havent seen a single person aside from me bring it up.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654227#Comment_1654227

    And how is seeing more terrain not an advantage during a chase? You'll be able to plan your pathing even better and sometimes see the red light when you are not supposed to on a normal resolution.

    If you scouted the map before hand it would not matter if you could see more terrain anyways. What do you mean see the red light when you arent supposed to? In the clip I provided the red light was there regardless of resolution.

  • yeah you're not really trying to have a discussion, just reaffirm your belief. Have fun.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    yeah you're not really trying to have a discussion, just reaffirm your belief. Have fun.

    Sounds to me you have a problem with me having an opposing opinion. But good I did not want to continue our conversation

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654541#Comment_1654541

    Sounds to me you have a problem with me having an opposing opinion. But good I did not want to continue our conversation

    Nah, opposing opinions are how we learn things. You can only experience things from your own perspective, while other perspectives give you new information to re-evaluate your position. Its how the open minded actually learn.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    How is doing something against a form of cheating considered a "shadow nerf"?

    stretched res is not cheating, its simply an advantage and if it was cheating it would be directly nerfed

  • @Kumnut768 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653294#Comment_1653294

    stretched res is not cheating, its simply an advantage and if it was cheating it would be directly nerfed

    e9d.jpg

    If you serious then let me explain my point. Stretched resolution for both sides is cheating, its using a third party system to get an advantage not intended in the game. Stop trying to make it seem like it's ok for one side but not the other.

  • is stretched res in siege cheating or in cs. no its not. neither is it cheating in dbd, it simply lets you see further which is annoying but not cheating

  • again its not cheating thats like saying using discord is cheating since its third party software, stretched res on dbd has one use and it allows you to see further which isnt that much of a big deal, and for killer its just free lightborn which in both cases isnt that game breaking

    @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654616#Comment_1654616

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5W2ZTGCK8SJP/e9d.jpg

    If you serious then let me explain my point. Stretched resolution for both sides is cheating, its using a third party system to get an advantage not intended in the game. Stop trying to make it seem like it's ok for one side but not the other.


  • @Kumnut768 said:

    again its not cheating thats like saying using discord is cheating since its third party software, stretched res on dbd has one use and it allows you to see further which isnt that much of a big deal, and for killer its just free lightborn which in both cases isnt that game breaking

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654631#Comment_1654631

    Unless the dev's excuse it, it can be viewed as cheating. I'm not 100% sure if they excused comms but they probably wouldn't be able to enforce it like at all. So imma assume they excused it. It's an advantage you gain that isn't in the base game

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654643#Comment_1654643

    Unless the dev's excuse it, it can be viewed as cheating. I'm not 100% sure if they excused comms but they probably wouldn't be able to enforce it like at all. So imma assume they excused it. It's an advantage you gain that isn't in the base game

    again it doesnt even do a whole lot on either side, what i didnt see people ######### themselves about was people lowering chase music to hear better in chases which is definitely cheating because devs confirmed that the chase music is there to make it harder to hear in chase

  • @Kumnut768 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654658#Comment_1654658

    again it doesnt even do a whole lot on either side, what i didnt see people ######### themselves about was people lowering chase music to hear better in chases which is definitely cheating because devs confirmed that the chase music is there to make it harder to hear in chase

    A minor advantage is still an advantage

  • I don’t think trying to remove the ability to cheat is a nerf but I’m pretty sure when people want stretched res removed it’s from all players not just survivor.

  • So basically you are complaining about them solving an exploit. No wonder I disagree so much with you on certain matters, taken from where you opinions come it all makes sense

  • @KIKI_ said:

    So basically you are complaining about them solving an exploit. No wonder I disagree so much with you on certain matters, taken from where you opinions come it all makes sense

    I'm not complaing I dont even use stretched. All I'm saying is why wasnt it in the patch notes.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654123#Comment_1654123

    What square walls? There's no way to see over walls currently, barring hacks.

    the big square walls in macmillan where there is sometimes a totem spawning behind boxes ?

  • I can't believe people don't understand how editing file values in an online game for an advantage isnt cheating. It's an abasurdly thick-skulled take for to me.

    If the killer could do this by a mere 30 degrees people would be pissing and moaning non stop.

1 2 ›