*Your* Dream Patch Notes? What Would They Look Like?
For me (killer main):
- Moris only function if a survivor has been hooked twice, and then downed. More of a visual 'fatality' and minor time saver than an instant kill.
- 'Kill x survivors by your hand' quests removed.
- Keys now only allow the survivor holding them to escape.
- SWF groups will now always face a killer of an equal or higher rank to the highest ranked survivor in the party. Not the lowest. Why was this changed again?
- Myers can now achieve EW2 25% faster.
- Clown now moves at full speed while reloading.
- Spinechill no longer activates if a killer is undetectable.
- Object of Obsession is now manually activated, lasts 15 seconds and incurs a 45 second cooldown after use.
- Decisive Strike is disabled if you enter a locker.
- Pig movement speed while crouching is increased by 20%
- Spirit 'husk' now vanishes 1 second after haunting begins.
- Killers receive a 15% BP bonus for every player grouped together against them (up to 60%). Actually gives an incentive not to dodge obvious SWF lobbies.
- Haddonfield removed from map selection until the Entity learns how to trim hedges.
- Slugged survivors cannot crawl into positions where they cannot be picked up.
- Deerstalker perk removed. Killers receive a low tier Deerstalker effect baseline (should help a lot with slugging complaints, actually).
- Survivors now incur a BP penalty for lurking in escape zones, much as killers incur one for lurking around hooks. Will remove a lot of endgame BM/stalling. Just get out of there!
- Rapidly pressing 'crouch' will now incur a movement speed penalty called 'sore teabags'.
- Allow survivors a 'surrender' vote. Should remove some DC incentives and also helps killers with the 'do I let them farm or kill them ASAP?' quandary in bad matches. Killer receives a significant BP bonus in these cases.
- Requirements to rank up increased, requirements to derank decreased. There is no way I should be able to hit rank 11 within my first two days of playing.
- Significantly more active policing of behaviors like deliberately deranking.
- An additional 5 ranks added to the game, above the current top ranks.
- Bots added for practice games, both as killer and survivor.
Anything you'd like to add?
Comments
Dead Hard - Removed the distance gained from using this perk
Sprint burst - Survivors who go into the game with this equipped will be wearing a diaper since its “babys first crutch perk”
NOED - If the killer has stayed in proximity of hooked survivors for more than 30 seconds ir hooked the same survivor 3 times in a row then NOED does not activate
Legion - “We discovered that players did not enjoy the Legion therefore we have removed him from the game”
Claudette - Now has a bright glow around her P3 cosmetics
I share many with you and have in mind quite a lot more, but the ones that would make me very happy are two:
I'm not even asking for her bugs to get fixed at this point since i have learnt to play around them (sadly). Just her useless addons 😒
Like two killers - eight survivors, no perk limits, custom objectives, etc. The sky's the limit.
Forgot to add:
Literally the only 5(6) things I want from DbD now. I couldn't give less of a ######### about anything else, just give me these 3 things and I'll like this game again.
Edit: added another point thanks to musicnerd reminding me that the billy changes weren't just a bad dream.
As a partial Wraith main...oh man yes to the WS addon. Currently he is a BP sink on other characters simply to play him properly.
Although his pink tier 'see all gen progression' addon probably needs a nerf. I'm...awful at the game and I pulverized a much higher ranked SWF group with these two addons.
I think the purple all-seeing is stronger than the red tbh, and they should be swapped around. Red all-seeing is still REALLY good, but having wallhacks on survivors while cloaked is much stronger imo. Pair it with the silent bell and survivors have no idea which direction you're coming from at loops that cover his entire body until the last second. They have to guess which direction you're going and when you're going to actually windstorm around the loop.
Hey it's ok to use add-ons to your advantage but Wraith's all-seeing add-ons are a drug. Use them in moderation or you'll become addicted and it will never be the same lmao.
Dead Hard - dunno. It may be more oppressive at higher ranks, but it's usually just an annoyance to me. I'd be happy to see it prevent vaulting though.
Sprint Burst - I'd rather have it give the killer an obvious cue (like giving the survivor a roadrunner 'meep meep!' sound effect when it activates) to let them know it's active.
NOED - Yes. Oh yes. I use this sometimes when I know it's going to be a rough match and dammit, can this perk be poisonous.
Claudette - perhaps a 'dream realm' type glimmer when she hides in the bushes for too long.
That NOED change actually seems reasonable.
• We have officially deleted Dead by Daylight.
(In all seriousness though, just seeing them address SWF in SOME WAY would be the best gift they could ever give me)
I'd be so happy to see the old lowbie-stomping protections come back in.
Or something like Heroes of the Storm, where premades automatically have their MMR inflated proportionally to the number of survivors grouped, for that match.
The issue is that SWF provides such a massive boost against killers without any accounting for it.
It's not bad at all. I'd rather see the exposed status removed and see a significantly higher movespeed bonus for the killer.
What about "Reverted the Billy basekit changes, and removed the roar"? Didn't you say you quit playing him because of those changes?
Features and Content
Balance
Happy 5th Anniversary! And good luck in the fog!
Mouse and keyboard support for console
My dream patch notes would be a wall of text about perk and killer changes, followed by a paragraph of apologies and a promise to overhaul things more often without waiting a year or two (or four) after its release.
Buff Pig
Dream patch notes would be that they finally optimized current consoles fixing performance issues like all the various FPS drops for both killer and survivor.
Memento Mori Changes
Cypress (Unchanged)
Ivory
Ebony
MMR
Matchmaking has been re-enabled.
It actually works now.
You have a visible MMR number.
Solo-SWF equalization
Survivors now have local voice chat with the other members of their team.
They also have a radio on their person, which allows them to use a global voice chat, but you are limited in how much you can use that by the 30 second battery life on the radio.
It will recharge over time.
Keys
Dull and Skeleton keys no longer have the ability to open the hatch.
All keys now have the Mind Channel ability at base, revealing the auras of all survivors within 32 meters.
Add-ons have been adjusted accordingly.
Perk Tiers
KIller perks no longer have tiers. If you've unlocked the perk, you have the perk at its full value.
Survivor perks no longer need to be leveled up in the blood-web. They are now levelled in the trial.
PUSTULA
A secondary objective for survivors.
At the start of the trial, all survivor perks exist as their tier 1 version. By gathering Serum from Pustula Plants, survivors can level up their perks.
There are four plants in the trial at a time. A single plant contains enough Pustula for two perks to be levelled up.
If a plant is harvested all the way, it will shrivel to nothing and another plant will appear elsewhere in the trial.
The killer can stomp out plants they find. They will still reappear, but it will take an additional 30 seconds.
Trial Startup
At the start of the trial, all generators are blocked by the Entity.
They will remain blocked until either the Killer initiates the first chase, or until the survivors collectively harvest four Pustula Plants.
Survivor Perk Changes
Decisive Strike
Sprint Burst
Adrenaline
Dead hard
Killer Changes
The Trapper
The Wraith
The Nurse
The Shape
The Doctor
The Huntress
The Nightmare
The Pig
The Clown
The Spirit
The Legion
The Plague
The Ghost Face
The Demogorgon
The Deathslinger
The Executioner
The Blight
1. Fix the outrageous hit boxes for killers. Always getting hit through walls and trees is ridiculous.
2. Fix the graphics bug where you can't see hooked survivors.
3. Fix another graphic bug where trappers traps don't show.
4. Start actually banning PC cheats and strike pack users.
5. Negative blood points for camping.
6. Get rid of SWF. No need with Party chat.
7. Get rid of the tiny building maps. Like the Stranger Things Laboratory.
Just a few.
I don't want to make a long list of things but something as simple as like a QOL improvement to Trapper, where he started with all of his traps already in his hand, would go a long way. Just a QOL overhaul update would be great.
I would also be down w/ them completely changing what Decisive Strike does as a whole, to the point where it's an entirely different perk that doesn't get you off of the killers shoulder anymore. Like what they did with Ruin. Which I actually think new Ruin is better than old Ruin which wasn't a popular opinion when the changes first came out, but now with Undying, I think more would agree with.
Some very interesting suggestions here. Keep 'em coming!
Woah that's a lot of stuff. I read it all, and I'm a pretty big fan of a lot of your proposed changes, especially the Flip Flop and Fixated ones. The only ones I think are too over-buffed are Off The Record and Cruel Limits. I can easily see those two becoming deeply ingrained into the meta if those changes went through.
Also, I'm pretty sure Hag already can't place traps within 2m of a hook? Or at least 1m
Oh yeah...if I'm being honest I actually forgot Billy exists in the current state he's in because of Blight, but I would very much like that. Guess that should be added to my list too
Aww... I enjoy legion...
Due to actual feedback, we have discovered that Decisive Strike is too common and has too much utility. It has been reworked to fit one very specific, niche use, instead of being used aggressively.
This would fill the role of anti-tunnel much better than the old version.
Gens now have different types of skill checks, and they do not act the similarly to each other.
They are easier when you look at a gen, looking away causes them to decrease by 50%.
If a gen is not being worked on, it will regress.
Ruin has been reworked to increase the regression bonus, as well as reintroducing the old skill check aspect for fairness.
Knockout now works on all attacks.
Not surprised that the "dream patch notes" in this post and thread are just gutting survivors.
Entitled survivors though.
Some stuff was already mentioned, so I skipped it in my list.
Spine chill's biggest benefit is against stealth killers. It is one of the only counters to them, particularly considering most of the gens are in jungle-gyms, where general awareness doesn't really help, since the stealth killer typically reveals their presence by lunging around the wall. Primarily, it's killers like Ghostface, who, unlike Wraith, Pig, and other killers make a sound or have a cool-down before they can attack after coming out of stealth.
With regards to the surrender vote, I think if a survivor disconnects, it should grant everyone left (who doesn't also DC), an automatic safety, minimum. That would both prevent innocent players from being punished for a salty teammate, and would also enable the match to continue without any actual consequences. In other words, as the game should be - people playing just to play, not to rank. Obviously, when a killer leaves, the match ends and everyone gets that same safety. Survivors leaving only screws the other survivors, who then get punished because they get stomped and de-rank through no fault of their own.
Ash and Jeff: reduced grunts of pain and breathing sounds
Many of us have 5-10 BPS in the new maps. Please correct this asap or let us only play in the old maps, please !!!!! I beg you !!!
Yeah, it's a lot. But I feel a lot needs reworked.
Off The Record might need to be cut down a little in time, but I think it'd be a strong anti-tunneling perk that killers probably wouldn't mind too much. (And it can only activate twice per match.) I think we need to really shake up the meta a bit, though.
Cruel Limits might also need a time reduction with that change. But it's hard to make useful otherwise, and it can only proc 5 times per match. And Survivors would still have pallets. It'd be a strong chase perk, for sure though.
My goal was to buff perks to the point where people might actually have a reason to use them, instead of relying on the current meta. So many perks are just useless on both sides now. Why run anything but DS/Unbreakable? Why run anything but Ruin/Undying? Why would anyone really run current Off the Record? It's a weaker version of Iron Will with built in distortion. Killers don't often use Aura reading perks, though. So it's not really worth it imo. Why run Hang Man's Trick? The aura reading basically gives you no information 90% of the time. It's probably the worst perk in the game right now. It'd be nice if we had a variety of perks to choose from that aren't really niche perks or things we run because we're bored.
Ruin doesn't need buffed at all. Like... before Undying was a thing, I'd maybe agree with you.
Mine doesn't gut survivors at all. A couple of minor nerfs, with some killer buffs. But also some survivor buffs.
Freddy mains are now required to attend weekly therapy sessions to address the issue of choosing to role play as a child molester.
Gunslinger's terror radius has been doubled.
Blendettes will now proceed to scream constantly throughout the trial and will always die on first hook.
Removed keys from player inventories and they can now only be acquired from in game chests. If not used in the trial the key will be deleted upon completing the game.
Changed Ebony Mori so that it only activates after the survivors have been hooked twice and then downed. Other Mories remain unchanged.
Added topless skin for Michael Myers
Added Dwight's Pizzeria map.
Clown can do the jack off gesture again (WHY REMOVE THIS, IT WAS FUNNY)
deleted decisive
Oni gets a shrek skin
Plague's corrupt purge can destroy pallets and breakable walls (iridescent addon pls)
Ghostface gets a second mori where he teabags the survivor to death
Pig gets an addon where she can place already active traps on survivors
Haddonfield and Ormond have been removed from the game
Indoor maps have been removed from the game
Breakable walls have been removed from the game. These are a poor excuse for including god windows
Button mashing during struggle state is now acknowledged as a ridiculously dated mechanic that nobody likes and has been replaced with skill checks
So uh, yeah. If you can't tell, I think they seriously need to re-evaluate their approach to map balance and size.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/184906/dream-patch-notes
######### is with the sprint burst and Legion notes. Some of us love Legion and have him as a second main. And for Sprint Burst even more #########, it's an exhaustion perk, it's supposed to be a good perk, all exhaustion perks are good and can be played around.
People's experience with this game seems to wildly vary...
I think I'd be happy if they added slenderman and made NOED require two dull totems to activate. I've seen way to many bad killers gain ranks using noed to get 1-3 sacs they never deserved. Always laughable when they get to purple and red ranks start depipping them left and right though.
Otherwise I wish they would finally admit this is not a horror game and stop saying "tunneling/camping is a viable strategy". I don't even care if they make changes with this statement.
that it for me.
*Pig buffs*
*key/mori nerfs*
*adrenaline/noed re-works*
Not sure what else, but those are just what instantly came to mind.
reverting billy changes
fov slider
removed indoor maps
giving all killers mobility mechanics and somewhat strong chase mechanics
a 1v1 gamemode with a set map with a set seed with 1 survivor vs 1 killer survivir has to survive 1 minute at different tiles
give nurse back her addons except extra blinks
delete all indoor maps
make their 100 ranks
To put ash williams metal of men back to normal and buff his wiggle perk to %60 done
Bill's unbreakable to %50 faster
I don't really want to write out a huge list of my dream patch notes, so I'll just name my most sought-after patch note (which will never happen, I know):
We have identified many of the players who were affected by the loss of progress bug, resulting in their Legacy skin(s) being lost. We have refunded these players with their original legacy skins and will review evidence of further reported lost legacy skins.
It is recommended that you send us as much evidence as possible when informing us of what legacy skins you lost, including:
Important: Steam achievements MUST be public and you MUST have prestiged before the 24th November, 2016. Anyone that sends us a false report may face temporary or permanent in-game suspension.
If you lost your legacy skins and have not yet been refunded, please contact: ........................................
We deeply apologize for this and thank you for your patience (no cap this time).
That'd be my dream patch note! :)
Buffed The Legion to: ...
I'd love to see them change the map-creation RNG to instead select one of a few "seeds" for each map instead. And maybe just remove some of the "everyone loses" maps like Midwich, Shelter Woods, and Rotten Fields from the public map pool (they can stay in Custom Games).
I play on console, so better optimization would always be lovely of course. Hopefully we'll see significant improvements on next-gen hardware (or Cross Progression for Xbox and PS if we're lucky).
Oh, and it'd be great for that doggone memory leak to finally be sorted out. It makes playing DbD an absolute misery if I forget to reboot the game every few matches.
Thats true. Undying does make it stronger... Maybe the skill check thing can go on Lullaby instead.
I was mainly writing it like that to show what a truly killer sided patch notes would sound like.
I would rather legacy have a way of being obtained (via difficult challenges or something so it is worth it) in game for platforms that never had a chance. If crossplay didn't exist, this wouldn't be an issue, but since it does, it is just a PC exclusive. Similar to Nintendo having a Trapper exclusive set for the Switch and the Deathgarden cosmetics. They said they would stop doing that with the Summer BBQ, but have this special place for legacy. Just seems like PC favoritism to me... but maybe I am just a console player who doesn't know any better... even though I played from when console first released DBD... : /
Haha jokes on you I'm a shmockette got em.
I forgot in my initial post:
Fixed spectator camera for killers
Addressed myriad bugs in custom lobbies
I really like your Mikey changes.