Healing Perk or Iron Will?

Or both, which is better? What do you use in your build as a survivor? Geared mostly toward solo survivors but SWF can offer their two cents too.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Ope, apparently I can't delete this thread and make it a poll instead, my bad.

  • I use Iron Will in almost all of my builds.

  • Iron will, it's good against Spirit, Self Care isn't worth it imo, only in the ultimate self healing build.

  • Iron Will and Inner Strength for me. Makes things a bit more interesting having to cleanse a totem in order to heal. Plus a 9 seconds heal can make a big difference at certain moments in the game.

  • Iron Will kicks in instantly upon getting injured and helps straight away in a chase and allows you to be cocky while staying injured on a gen.

    Self care doesn't kick in instantly and provides no advantage in a chase, and leaves it as a risk staying on a gen.

    Inner Strength requires you to find a totem earlier in the game and then being able to sneak into a locker, yet again meaning it provides little to no use in the chase unless you either play extremely well or use a build focused around getting into lockers.


    So, I'd reccomend Iron Will.

  • @ringwinning said:

    Or both, which is better? What do you use in your build as a survivor? Geared mostly toward solo survivors but SWF can offer their two cents too.

    If I’m playing ace, healing. If I’m playing ash, iron will

  • Totally depends on your style tbh. If you are not that good of a looper, you need some way of healing to have a decent chance of buying some time in chase. Also for Iron Will you need good map awareness and predict killer movement a bit. For example I like to run Premonition over SpineChill when I got it on Tier 3 because I tend to run into the killer when I don't have line of sight. Iron Will wouldn't help me out in these situations

  • Neither for me both are overused and I like to actually feel tense moments.Not an easy walk around the map.


    Just my own opinion, The only one I sorta like is Nancy’s locker perk.

    But that’s about it.


    I feel self heal is useless and a wasted perk slot. Self heal puts you more valuable then needed.

  • I do iron will,metal of men, self care,lucky brack. It helps allot I. A rank 6 survivor now thanks to this build

  • Im running self care and item builds pretty much excusively.

    Sprint burst, Botany knowledge, self care and Ace in the hole. Living out of chests and keep what i find.

    My winner build is sprintburst, BT, Prove Thyself and either self care or bond. Unless you have a good team, self care is always better.

    Medic Build (Starting with medkit+addons)

    Sprint burst, Build to last, Desperate Measures, Botany Knowledge

    Engineer

    Sprint burst, build to last, streetwise, prove thyself

    That's basically all im using. Relient stuff that works in every matchup.

  • Both have their uses. Against anti-heal killers in public matches healing perks like Autodidact/We'll Make It are a life saver. Inner Strength is also a big time save for both you and your team. Self Care can be very clutch if used right.

    On the case of Iron Will, this perk is no reason to not heal when you have the chance. It helps tremendously in chases or when you have to stealth because of how much most good killers rely on hearing in this game. Currently it is also a must have if you are facing Spirit.


    TLDR; Depends on your intentions and playstyle.

  • Iron Will for me, that perk has saved me so many times

  • Iron Will.

    It's a lot more efficient to stay injured and Iron Will takes out one of the three indicators a killer has to track survivors. My favorite perk in the game and always has been.

  • @ringwinning said:

    Or both, which is better? What do you use in your build as a survivor? Geared mostly toward solo survivors but SWF can offer their two cents too.

    Iron will 100%

  • Iron Will, because Spirit and Deathslinger still exist.

  • Iron will and ranger medkit

  • Iron will- if you can't play injured then you are a liability

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    Iron Will, because Spirit and Deathslinger still exist.

    How does iron will effect deathslinger?

  • Definitely Iron Will for me. Healing perks can be replaced with a medkit or a teammate. However you cant do the same with sounds. There is no item or person to keep you quiet.

    Unless you fully commit to a healing build.

  • iron will is always solid im not sure what healing perk you are wanting to bring but selfcare is only worth it in solo q without a med

  • Well you don't ever want to get in a chase or be found against Deathslinger, otherwise you die in 5 seconds if you're injured. Iron will helps a lot with that. It also makes it harder to tell how far survivors are away from rounding a corner and if you can just round the corner and sort of "pre-fire" at them. Not sure if it's something a lot of Deathslingers try often but I like doing it.

  • Depends on what you want. I normally run Self-Care in order to heal up and have two health states, but on an alternate account I have been running Iron Will in lower ranks, with Resilience/Spine Chill/Botany Knowledge and it's actually been really fun and surprisingly effective.

  • I'm gonna play the devil's advocate and say a Healing Perk. Iron Will is great for not getting tracked down by the killer, crouching in the corner in a pool of your own blood.

    "Oh please terror radius go away. If he finds me I'm instantly down. I might as well be running No Mither!"

    But not you. You're a self care chad. You stand on top of rocks and start your guitar solo right in front of the killer. In a chase? Self care a little while he mindgames himself. He better hurry up and hit you or you're gonna heal to full.

    I'm too aggressive for Iron Will. My fashion disaster I call an outfit lets the killer know where I am at all time.

  • @Heartbound said:

    I'm gonna play the devil's advocate and say a Healing Perk. Iron Will is great for not getting tracked down by the killer, crouching in the corner in a pool of your own blood.

    "Oh please terror radius go away. If he finds me I'm instantly down. I might as well be running No Mither!"

    But not you. You're a self care chad. You stand on top of rocks and start your guitar solo right in front of the killer. In a chase? Self care a little while he mindgames himself. He better hurry up and hit you or you're gonna heal to full.

    I'm too aggressive for Iron Will. My fashion disaster I call an outfit lets the killer know where I am at all time.

    See I love iron will but I realize that it's mostly used for stealth but the outfits I use are definitely not dedicated to that playstyle.

  • @ringwinning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1657931#Comment_1657931

    See I love iron will but I realize that it's mostly used for stealth but the outfits I use are definitely not dedicated to that playstyle.

    Here I made this for you cutie

    Dbdforumsilliness.png