Why is this still possible

Hey bvhr when is hit validation coming :)

azame san playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition at XboxClips.co
azame san playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition at XboxClips.co

I miss when killers actually had to hit you hit with their blade to do damage. Either ping lock it or ban vpns it's that simple. Better yet show us the killers ping so I can dodge high lobbies. Same games btw

Comments

  • @azame said:

    Hey bvhr when is hit validation coming :)

    https://xboxclips.co/azame-san/2b56c296-c72d-4274-aa06-fe3bfbe8ec65

    https://xboxclips.co/azame-san/03215aa8-0c2d-4c07-8adb-dd849ad4e3f5

    I miss when killers actually had to hit you hit with their blade to do damage. Either ping lock it or ban vpns it's that simple. Better yet show us the killers ping so I can dodge high lobbies. Same games btw

    Outplayed. On a side note: well done on chaining the long wall and the basic loop together, too bad the trapper "outplayed" you.

  • This is a bit unrelated but nice job chaining those 2 loops together. The devs really gotta smooth those hit interactions out, Especially on characters like Freddy.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/193033/why-is-this-still-possible

    Outplayed. On a side note: well done on chaining the long wall and the basic loop together, too bad the trapper "outplayed" you.

    Yeah man literally through the window I thought I was about to have a field day on those tiles but nope vpn killers always outplaying me.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    This is a bit unrelated but nice job chaining those 2 loops together. The devs really gotta smooth those hit interactions out, Especially on characters like Freddy.

    Thank you I appreciate it didnt matter much as you could see.

  • @azame said:

    Hey bvhr when is hit validation coming :)

    https://xboxclips.co/azame-san/2b56c296-c72d-4274-aa06-fe3bfbe8ec65

    https://xboxclips.co/azame-san/03215aa8-0c2d-4c07-8adb-dd849ad4e3f5

    I miss when killers actually had to hit you hit with their blade to do damage. Either ping lock it or ban vpns it's that simple. Better yet show us the killers ping so I can dodge high lobbies. Same games btw

    Those hits really didn't look that bad.That's just latency.

    Also,isn't hit validation supposed to only eliminate extreme edge cases?

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/193033/why-is-this-still-possible

    Those hits really didn't look that bad.That's just latency.

    Also,isn't hit validation supposed to only eliminate extreme edge cases?

    So you are telling me taking like 3 steps through the window and the blade not even touching me is fair. Delusional I suppose. Then again you are the same guy that said that nea falling and still going down was a fair hit.

  • Good question. Im veteran FPS gamer and in fps games devs somehow manage to deal with few milliseconds long crossfire duels. The winner avoid damage and stay alive. In DBD you can die 2s after vaulting a window... :DD

  • @28_stabs said:

    Good question. Im veteran FPS gamer and in fps games devs somehow manage to deal with few milliseconds long crossfire duels. The winner avoid damage and stay alive. In DBD you can die 2s after vaulting a window... :DD

    That's what I'm saying playing stuff like cod the latency is fairly good and even when something goes wrong they have health bars a game with a 2 hit system makes it more noticeable.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631843#Comment_1631843

    So you are telling me taking like 3 steps through the window and the blade not even touching me is fair. Delusional I suppose. Then again you are the same guy that said that nea falling and still going down was a fair hit.

    I looked at the clips again and yeah that window hit looked really weird.

    The hit at the pallet however didn't looked too bad.

    I never said that hits like these are fair but having a game with 0 latency is impossible.

    So even with good hit validation you will see some strange hits regardless

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631848#Comment_1631848

    I looked at the clips again and yeah that window hit looked really weird.

    The hit at the pallet however didn't looked too bad.

    I never said that hits like these are fair but having a game with 0 latency is impossible.

    So even with good hit validation you will see some strange hits regardless

    Slow down the pallet hit and watch it one more time I didnt throw it becuase unknown he would lunge early therefore missing and me getting another loop.

    Also the whole game he had delayed stuns meaning he had high ping. 0 latency may be impossible but why cant I see the killers ping so I can dodge that.

    Those hits never happen2d on player to player which btw we should go back to because not only could you see the killers ping they actually had to hit you.

    Game was much healthier back then in terms of latency.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631868#Comment_1631868

    Slow down the pallet hit and watch it one more time I didnt throw it becuase unknown he would lunge early therefore missing and me getting another loop.

    Also the whole game he had delayed stuns meaning he had high ping. 0 latency may be impossible but why cant I see the killers ping so I can dodge that.

    Those hits never happen2d on player to player which btw we should go back to because not only could you see the killers ping they actually had to hit you.

    Game was much healthier back then in terms of latency.

    I think the only thing the devs really need to do,besides hit validation,is to either implement a ping lock or make it possible to see the killers ping again (i have no idea why they even removed that because what does it matter if my ping is great but the killers ping is far worse and is gonna hit me through anything regardless?)

    Also,unfair hits were a thing on player to player connection.Why else do you think a large part of the community wanted dedicated servers?

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631877#Comment_1631877

    I think the only thing the devs really need to do,besides hit validation,is to either implement a ping lock or make it possible to see the killers ping again (i have no idea why they even removed that because what does it matter if my ping is great but the killers ping is far worse and is gonna hit me through anything regardless?)

    Also,unfair hits were a thing on player to player connection.Why else do you think a large part of the community wanted dedicated servers?

    1. These are exactly my thoughts I love having green ping on dedicated servers but it does not matter if the killer is gonna hit me 8 steps after I vault.

    2. Unfair hits on p2p were there when the killer had bad wifi or lag switched but you could dodge if you looked at the lobby so I'd be fine with it. My biggest problem is it kicking you our of the lobby because the killers hosts it.

  • I wonder how close he appeared on his screen to get these hits. I'm just surprised he didn't trap the first window. Not so surprised that the team wasn't doing anything. Felt painful. Feels bad, man.

    On an unrelated note, I didn't realize you were on console. Those Slinger posts make a bit more sense now. Sorry about that.

  • @Rivyn said:

    I wonder how close he appeared on his screen to get these hits. I'm just surprised he didn't trap the first window. Not so surprised that the team wasn't doing anything. Felt painful. Feels bad, man.

    On an unrelated note, I didn't realize you were on console. Those Slinger posts make a bit more sense now. Sorry about that.

    He was high ping so behind the servers, he didnt have time to trap that window, team was trash.

    What does me having to be on console mean with slinger its universally accepted he has easy zoning and an insta shot you cant react to and its "fine" due to his lack of map pressure.

    How about notnlowkey insult me k? Besides I'm a good player I could almost guarentee you couldnt catch me fast in an actual match.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632075#Comment_1632075

    He was high ping so behind the servers, he didnt have time to trap that window, team was trash.

    What does me having to be on console mean with slinger its universally accepted he has easy zoning and an insta shot you cant react to and its "fine" due to his lack of map pressure.

    How about notnlowkey insult me k? Besides I'm a good player I could almost guarentee you couldnt catch me fast in an actual match.

    I really don't think he was trying to insult you, not even low-key.

  • It's just latency, everyone knows how it works.

    I don't play DBD for some days but they disabled the hit detection system in the backend for now and haven't enabled yet. In the Killer's screen you were very close to the window, and with the hit detection disabled, the server will accept anything the Killer client sends, without checking it. So for now, we just need to wait until they fix the system and enable it again.

    It's also a obvious thing. If you notice you're getting bullshits hits and your ping is green, you know it's the Killer bad connection, so play safe, don't take windows and drop pallets early.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632075#Comment_1632075

    He was high ping so behind the servers, he didnt have time to trap that window, team was trash.

    What does me having to be on console mean with slinger its universally accepted he has easy zoning and an insta shot you cant react to and its "fine" due to his lack of map pressure.

    How about notnlowkey insult me k? Besides I'm a good player I could almost guarentee you couldnt catch me fast in an actual match.

    I wasn't insulting you, though. I just have a better understanding now. Controller vs KB/M and all, gives a different light on the matter. That's all I was saying.

    Didn't they remove the server hit validation because it broke killer powers? Find it funny that when they add something to fix an issue, it breaks something else. Like dedicated servers and exhaustion perks.

  • @azame said:

    Hey bvhr when is hit validation coming :)

    https://xboxclips.co/azame-san/2b56c296-c72d-4274-aa06-fe3bfbe8ec65

    https://xboxclips.co/azame-san/03215aa8-0c2d-4c07-8adb-dd849ad4e3f5

    I miss when killers actually had to hit you hit with their blade to do damage. Either ping lock it or ban vpns it's that simple. Better yet show us the killers ping so I can dodge high lobbies. Same games btw

    This definitely cuts both ways.

    For every 'how on earth did that connect?' hit, there is a 'wait, how did that miss?' moment.

    Latency is latency.

  • @Kees_T said:

    It's just latency, everyone knows how it works.

    I don't play DBD for some days but they disabled the hit detection system in the backend for now and haven't enabled yet. In the Killer's screen you were very close to the window, and with the hit detection disabled, the server will accept anything the Killer client sends, without checking it. So for now, we just need to wait until they fix the system and enable it again.

    It's also a obvious thing. If you notice you're getting bullshits hits and your ping is green, you know it's the Killer bad connection, so play safe, don't take windows and drop pallets early.

    I understand why it's possible I was being sarcastic.

  • @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632088#Comment_1632088

    I wasn't insulting you, though. I just have a better understanding now. Controller vs KB/M and all, gives a different light on the matter. That's all I was saying.

    Didn't they remove the server hit validation because it broke killer powers? Find it funny that when they add something to fix an issue, it breaks something else. Like dedicated servers and exhaustion perks.

    All the different light on the matter dude. Controller/kb and m is hardly a difference. Its notable on the range killers but even then, even then you can have good aim in controller. Also you can still spam ads for free zones but that's a whole different story. DC penalty off fixed that for me.

    Yeah they disabled it broke huntress hatches but they fixed that.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/193033/why-is-this-still-possible

    This definitely cuts both ways.

    For every 'how on earth did that connect?' hit, there is a 'wait, how did that miss?' moment.

    Latency is latency.

    Uhhh no dont try to justify those hits with "well killers miss some weird hits too" dont make me pull out all my clips. If a killer misses it's either their own fault or in consoles cases sometimes aim assist.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I faced a laggy Clown the other day that would down me on every single window because of how bad their connection was. It was...very fun :)

    I'd love to see the killer's ping in lobby so I can dodge. I doubt server side hit validation will work perfectly, so it'd still be nice to be able to dodge 200 ping killers.

    Been saying that for the longest just show ping of the killer so we can dodge lobbies.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632185#Comment_1632185

    Uhhh no dont try to justify those hits with "well killers miss some weird hits too" dont make me pull out all my clips. If a killer misses it's either their own fault or in consoles cases sometimes aim assist.

    No, trust me. This is pure confirmation bias.

    On PC, you get some very clear moments where you should have landed a window hit or a lunge hit but it fails to register. You can clearly see this happening even at very high level play (watching some Otz and Tofu vids at present).

    I think some of this weirdness on the survivor side of things also comes from killers having a universal hitbox size but not a universal model size. Smaller killers like Pig, Freddy and Hag seem to get very jammy hits at times because of this.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632208#Comment_1632208

    No, trust me. This is pure confirmation bias.

    On PC, you get some very clear moments where you should have landed a window hit or a lunge hit but it fails to register. You can clearly see this happening even at very high level play (watching some Otz and Tofu vids at present).

    I think some of this weirdness on the survivor side of things also comes from killers having a universal hitbox size but not a universal model size. Smaller killers like Pig, Freddy and Hag seem to get very jammy hits at times because of this.

    How about provide me video evidence. Instead of saying "watch otz." It's not the game failing to register its the survivor vaulting the window in time.

    Watch any old dbd clip and notice how close the blade could get to the survivor and not hit. Even early as 2019 before dedicated servers.

    Dont blame it on weird weapon hitboxes you could clearly see him not touch me and hit me and then hit me after like 3 steps through the window. I let myself die after that. VPN killers are accepted for some reason..

  • Because of the laws of physics. No amount of netcoding, hitbox fine-tuning, or predictive algorithms can avoid this one simple truth: information cannot travel faster than the speed of light.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632212#Comment_1632212

    How about provide me video evidence. Instead of saying "watch otz." It's not the game failing to register its the survivor vaulting the window in time.

    Watch any old dbd clip and notice how close the blade could get to the survivor and not hit. Even early as 2019 before dedicated servers.

    Dont blame it on weird weapon hitboxes you could clearly see him not touch me and hit me and then hit me after like 3 steps through the window. I let myself die after that. VPN killers are accepted for some reason..

    Shrug. I know this is a rant thread, but once you calm down a bit you'll probably realize that this isn't how it works.

    And sure, if I remember, the next time I come across it I'll link it here. But I've done this dance before and know that the second I do, you'll shift the goalposts to 'well, that's only one example'.

    You have fun, mate.

  • @Orion said:

    Because of the laws of physics. No amount of netcoding, hitbox fine-tuning, or predictive algorithms can avoid this one simple truth: information cannot travel faster than the speed of light.

    ... yes thank you Orion for you extremely helpful information I know that, I know why it happens I was just frustrated also these are 60 tick servers not to mention you could easy shoe the killers ping so I could dodge all these high ping ones.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632217#Comment_1632217

    Shrug. I know this is a rant thread, but once you calm down a bit you'll probably realize that this isn't how it works.

    And sure, if I remember, the next time I come across it I'll link it here. But I've done this dance before and know that the second I do, you'll shift the goalposts to 'well, that's only one example'.

    You have fun, mate.

    I did calm down but you are making claims without proof. Also is been hours before this has happened.

    There is no such thing as the game failing to register hits as killers the only real example ik rn is the previous hit validation with huntress and deathslingers spear.

    Also killers have hit priority as long as it connects on their screen it does. Until you get that video of "the game failing to register the hit" I'm afraid its nonsense. Also dont tryjustify these unfair hits survivors been going through for a good year.

  • That second clip was completely normal and exactly how hits have always worked. The first was just a lag spike.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    That second clip was completely normal and exactly how hits have always worked. The first was just a lag spike.

    Second clip was not normal watch that slow the blade never touched me. That's backed up by the first clip and the fact he had delayed stuns all game.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    That second clip was completely normal and exactly how hits have always worked. The first was just a lag spike.

    Don't bother, mate. OP is here to have people agree with him and pat him on the back, not tell him why he is wrong.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632529#Comment_1632529

    Don't bother, mate. OP is here to have people agree with him and pat him on the back, not tell him why he is wrong.

    How am I wrong what have I said that was wrong in my first comment? Damn you really are cool with these unfair hits.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632529#Comment_1632529

    Second clip was not normal watch that slow the blade never touched me. That's backed up by the first clip and the fact he had delayed stuns all game.

    Killer weapons have no hitboxes, they never have touched you. It is an attack cone, so use the killers body as a point of reference, not their weapon.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632623#Comment_1632623

    Killer weapons have no hitboxes, they never have touched you. It is an attack cone, so use the killers body as a point of reference, not their weapon.

    That is the most dumb them I have never heard. When the game was good and consistent the blade and to clip into I cant believe there are people trying justifying this.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632662#Comment_1632662

    That is the most dumb them I have never heard. When the game was good and consistent the blade and to clip into I cant believe there are people trying justifying this.

    What are you talking about? I always stab survivors with my body as killer, because science.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632674#Comment_1632674

    What are you talking about? I always stab survivors with my body as killer, because science.

    Oh sorry I forgot about that. Yeah you have to use your....body to stab survivors.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632662#Comment_1632662

    That is the most dumb them I have never heard. When the game was good and consistent the blade and to clip into I cant believe there are people trying justifying this.

    No, it was never like that. Latency was always an issue, people just ignored it til the dedicated server bandwagon came along. When I go back and watch videos from P2P, it's the same.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632674#Comment_1632674

    No, it was never like that. Latency was always an issue, people just ignored it til the dedicated server bandwagon came along. When I go back and watch videos from P2P, it's the same.

    No it's not it was never like that if you watch older videos you can see them vault pretty late and not get hit. Link me some of those videos where the hit was unfair. The Miller had 0 ping and as a survivor you could dodge high ping lobbies if yours was green it was a fine game.

    Also how does this have prove the fact that the killers body is the.... weapon?

  • Pallets have been bugged since they fixed vacuum pallets. What I saw in the video is a common occurrence. You have to throw the pallet early to avoid getting hit. Same with vaulting a down pallet too, you can be totally vaulted on the other side and the killer will still hit you. Been like this for over a year now and the devs refuse to fix it.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Pallets have been bugged since they fixed vacuum pallets. What I saw in the video is a common occurrence. You have to throw the pallet early to avoid getting hit. Same with vaulting a down pallet too, you can be totally vaulted on the other side and the killer will still hit you. Been like this for over a year now and the devs refuse to fix it.

    In a normal ping game me throwing the pallet would have gotten me hit and what I did in the video the smart thing not throwing would of gave me another loop

  • I really don't understand why you can't see the killers ping anymore. Probably one of the most frustrating things about the game. Before when the killer was host you knew if the connection was going to be good or bad. Now it shows you the servers but if the killer has 800 ping it's just super awful to play against. Another obvious thing that should be added to the game.

  • I purposely stepped on a trap a few days ago because of a bullshit grab i had on a claudette. Sometimes the game is wonky and i feel bad for the bullshit hits i get.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    This is a bit unrelated but nice job chaining those 2 loops together. The devs really gotta smooth those hit interactions out, Especially on characters like Freddy.

    Freddys lunge is the same is all others. It does look weird but unfortunately to fix that they would have to give him a shorter lunge.

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631821#Comment_1631821

    Freddys lunge is the same is all others. It does look weird but unfortunately to fix that they would have to give him a shorter lunge.

    Thats kinda what I'm referring to, his glove doesn't match the hitbox so it can end up with you getting sniped from even farther away than everyone else.