Pig Add-on Change pwease?

So im a pig main and i think her power is fine but her Add-ons COULD DEFINITLY BE BETTER. So here is what i would change.

1)Make Rules Set No.2 Basekit

2)Remove Razor Wires and Workshop Grease as they work against her

3)Replace Rules Set No.2 with(just thinking of these but just anything that's an actual good add-on i will take) Iridescent Creation

4)Replace Razor Wires and Workshop Grease with Weighted Combat Straps and Silent Snoot


Iridescent Creation- Makes every reverse beartraps key on the 3rd or 4th jigsaw box searched

removes 1 Bear Trap


Weighted Combat Straps- Moderately decreases time it takes to crouch

Slightly increases time it takes to Uncrouch


Silent Snoot-When Charging an Ambush you don't roar or make any noise(ok so i know its kinda OP for a grey add-on but i like the name)


And before ya get pressed in your reply these are just ideas i will take anything somewhat good for new addons the most important thing im trying to say is that i think her add-ons should be better especially razor wires and workshop grease.

Comments

  • No RS.2 base kit. It will force survivoes towards generators.

    Hey just need to make the boxes harder for the box add-ons to actually work. As it stands, basic skill-checks with no modifiers allowed are too easy to hit and the existence of the Great result is a further detriment.

  • Pig needs a decent buff. Nothing crazy, but maybe make her dash attack last a little longer. This will give her more potential in loops, which is something she's sorely lacking right now.

    Add-on Wise:

    -Make Box Skillchecks affected by perks like Lullaby. This fixes a lot of the 'skill check' add ons (of which there are many)

    -Replace Utility Blades with an add-on that makes her dash attack longer (Utility blades encourage tunneling)

    -Face Mask is fine IMO. It's the ONLY status effect add-on she needs.

    -Replace Slow-release toxin with an add-on that makes her dash attack even longer

    -Replace Rusty Attachments with an add-on that increases her speed while crouched.

    -Make Tampered Timer an Ultra Rare Add-on, and make it reduce the number of available RBT's by 2. Alternately, could make the 4th Box ALWAYS the one with the key, but increase the timer by 30 or 60 seconds. (Whatever felt is needed).

    -Change Amanda's Secret to either make her dash attack last even longer, or make her crouched speed faster.

    -Change Rule Set 2 to where the survivor can only see the aura of Jigsaw boxes from... a certain distance. Maybe 20 or 32 Meters. This would have a similar affect, but wouldn't push them to do gens instead of getting traps off their head.

    -Make Amanda's Letter an Ultra-Rare. Maybe remove the penalties. It's similar to Wraith's Ultra-Rare, though Pig can attack while crouched so she's got that on him. But I'm not sure it really needs a penalty.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    No RS.2 base kit. It will force survivoes towards generators.

    Hey just need to make the boxes harder for the box add-ons to actually work. As it stands, basic skill-checks with no modifiers allowed are too easy to hit and the existence of the Great result is a further detriment.

    so i force them to gens they with it basekit they get the gen activate the trap and go to another gen but they die from the trap so i trade a gen for a kill(yes i know traps are for pressure not kills)

  • @AhYesIPlayKateAndPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597686#Comment_1597686

    so i force them to gens they with it basekit they get the gen activate the trap and go to another gen but they die from the trap so i trade a gen for a kill(yes i know traps are for pressure not kills)

    Bat that is the exact opposite of what you want as Pig! Those RBT kills are both exceptionally rare, and costly. Not to mention that they're one of the few truly effective methods of slowing the game and avoiding Decisive Strike.

    I'd rather see RS.2 work just like the original RBT worked in SAW, the first one, it activates when they get off hook in the same manner that Amanda's trap activated after she got off that chair.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597738#Comment_1597738

    Bat that is the exact opposite of what you want as Pig! Those RBT kills are both exceptionally rare, and costly. Not to mention that they're one of the few truly effective methods of slowing the game and avoiding Decisive Strike.

    I'd rather see RS.2 work just like the original RBT worked in SAW, the first one, it activates when they get off hook in the same manner that Amanda's trap activated after she got off that chair.

    The traps may need a rework now that im thinking about it. Personally, i use pig for her Dash Attacks not Traps so i dont normally run any Trap add-ons except for the occasional Rules set no.2 and TT. Normally i use Amanda's letter and Video Tape but just anything that is a ambush add-on most of the time(not always though)

  • @AhYesIPlayKateAndPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597753#Comment_1597753

    The traps may need a rework now that im thinking about it. Personally, i use pig for her Dash Attacks not Traps so i dont normally run any Trap add-ons except for the occasional Rules set no.2 and TT. Normally i use Amanda's letter and Video Tape but just anything that is a ambush add-on most of the time(not always though)

    I think that her traps are fine and Pig is an add-on pass and a few number tweaks away from being ine of the best killers in the game.

    I did also do a full post about how I'd change most of these add-ons and even saying that the skill checks for the boxes should be replaced with the Doctor's Madness checks.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597762#Comment_1597762

    I think that her traps are fine and Pig is an add-on pass and a few number tweaks away from being ine of the best killers in the game.

    I did also do a full post about how I'd change most of these add-ons and even saying that the skill checks for the boxes should be replaced with the Doctor's Madness checks.

    The Dr skill checks, while unique to him, make sense here as any person who realizes the danger of the trap and has to stick both wiener beaters inside such a device wouldn't stay sane long!

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597762#Comment_1597762

    I think that her traps are fine and Pig is an add-on pass and a few number tweaks away from being ine of the best killers in the game.

    I did also do a full post about how I'd change most of these add-ons and even saying that the skill checks for the boxes should be replaced with the Doctor's Madness checks.

    can u send a link to the post i would very much like to read it

  • @AhYesIPlayKateAndPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597774#Comment_1597774

    can u send a link to the post i would very much like to read it

    @PigMainClaudette said:

    So, as many of us know, Pig currently has quite possibly the worst set of add-ons in the game, with half of them basically acting against you with certain effects. What I've done is had a go at changing some of these add-ons to help make them more beneficial to the Pig player and have more viable options than a 3rd of the options.

    If anyone wishes for clarity with my design choices, or what my though process is with them, then please let me know but be civil about it. If there is one thing that I cannot stand, it's being given no explanation when people tell me that "I'm just wrong".

    One thing that I should also say that would be good in addition to these changes is removing the "Great" result from the Skill Checks.

    Brown

    • Workshop Grease - Slightly decrease the time between the Skill Check warning sound and the Skill Check*

    • Shattered Syringe - Slightly increases the Ambush Attack speed**

    • John's Medical File - no change

    • Combat Straps - no change

    *similar effect to about two stacks of Hex: Huntress Lullaby

    **movement speed of the dash

    Yellow

    • Video Tape - no change

    • Utility Blades - Survivors caught in a Reverse Bear Trap suffer from the Mangled Status Effect

    • Razor Wires - Change the Skill Check of a Jigsaw Box to a Difficult Skill Check*

    • Last Will - no change

    • Face Mask - no change

    *similar to Decisive Strike or Snapping Out

    Green

    • Slow-Release Toxin - Successful Ambush attack applies the Exhausted Status Effect for 20 seconds

    • Rusty Attachments - Survivors caught in a Reverse Bear Trap suffer from the Broken Status Effect

    • Jigsaw's Anointed Plan - no change

    • Interlocking Razor - no change

    • Bag of Gears - no change

    Purple

    • Tampered Timer - no change

    • Jigsaw's Sketch - no change

    • Crate of Gears - no change

    • Amanda's Secret - Successful Ambush attack activates Killer Instinct for all survivors within your Terror Radius for 6 seconds

    Pink

    • Ruleset No. 2 - Reverse Bear Traps activate after a survivor is unhooked

    • Amanda's Letter - no change

    So, the main things that I wanted to change about most of these add-ons is how the Jigsaw Boxes and their skill checks are a minor inconvenience at best, and helpful to the survivors at worst. Making them harder should help make the RBT something that players fear, and NO I AM NOT SAYING BUFF THEIR LETHALITY. I'm asking that there is actual panic, and not mild annoyance.

    Certain add-ons also just seem counter-productive, such as the Slow-Release Toxin giving Exhausted to TRAPPED survivors. I'm sorry devs, but even if you say that tunnelling is a "legitimate strategy", I'm not chasing someone who has a trap as they are predictable and will be in one of four (or 5 or 6....) places and not working on generators.

    If you have any ideas or improvements to my current designs, then post those too as I was having trouble coming up with solutions for some of these such as the Interlocking Razor and Amanda's Secret. I'm also torn about Face Mask as Blindness can be really painful, but aura readings are kinda rare and one of my brothers said that Oblivious would be too powerful for a yellow add-on.

    Here ya go! Things to note are that I have been playing since Darkness Among Us, and while my highest rank was 8 one season, it is purely to lack of devotion to killer. I'm also constantly in red ranks on survivor, so this is in a way both as an experienced Pig and what would scare me as a survivor.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597833#Comment_1597833

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/171989/ideas-for-reworking-pigs-add-ons

    Here ya go! Things to note are that I have been playing since Darkness Among Us, and while my highest rank was 8 one season, it is purely to lack of devotion to killer. I'm also constantly in red ranks on survivor, so this is in a way both as an experienced Pig and what would scare me as a survivor.

    i love the changes that you made but i'd still want rules set no.2 basekit which would be easier with the current version and i want something like iridescent creation because they always get the trap off on the 1st box. plus silent snoot because the roar makes me miss my ambushes as they hear that and vault a window or just run. i miss 50% of ambushes without videotape and or medical file.

  • I thought Scorpionz made some good points about how too many add-ons affect Pig's traps, and not enough add-ons affect the rest of her skill set. The rest of her skill set is entirely ignored in favor of those boxes. Of which, she only has four! And in order to even get use of those, you have to get survivors down in the first place. Which those add-ons don't assist with in the least.

    A lot of those encourage Pig to play the nastiest way possible (going after survivors with an RBT on their head). Instead, I think add-ons should definitely focus more on her other skills. How fast she moves while crouched, how long her dash attack lasts. (This is also why I think her dash attack should last a little longer. It's pretty good right now, but it's also INCREDIBLY hard to hit with sometimes. I've got some pretty nasty hits with it. But the reward is kind of small for how hard it is to do. Which is why I propose making it easier by making the dash attack last longer. Maybe enough to even make it semi-usable for mobility.)

  • @KingFrost said:

    I thought Scorpionz made some good points about how too many add-ons affect Pig's traps, and not enough add-ons affect the rest of her skill set. The rest of her skill set is entirely ignored in favor of those boxes. Of which, she only has four! And in order to even get use of those, you have to get survivors down in the first place. Which those add-ons don't assist with in the least.

    A lot of those encourage Pig to play the nastiest way possible (going after survivors with an RBT on their head). Instead, I think add-ons should definitely focus more on her other skills. How fast she moves while crouched, how long her dash attack lasts. (This is also why I think her dash attack should last a little longer. It's pretty good right now, but it's also INCREDIBLY hard to hit with sometimes. I've got some pretty nasty hits with it. But the reward is kind of small for how hard it is to do. Which is why I propose making it easier by making the dash attack last longer. Maybe enough to even make it semi-usable for mobility.)

    im thinking of making another post tomorrow where i will look at every add-on and maybe replace and remove or change it or for some leave alone because she has alot of add-ons which are just a waste of blood points unlocking.

  • She REALLY needs a rework. I basically always use the same combination of VT + Combat Straps, unless I have enough add ons like Tampered Timer + Rule Set 2 or the ones that grant me 2 more boxes (that sometimes pay off). If I don't have the VT, I use the one that grants me one more trap... but that's it. Besides the one that blinds the survivor, the other add ons are pretty much useless, unless I hard tunnel the trapped ones, what is not a fun play.

    I wish she had some status effects with her ambush, like other killers (something to cause the mangled status, exausted or something like that). And maybe that we had at least 1 more box by default.

  • @JinSime said:

    She REALLY needs a rework. I basically always use the same combination of VT + Combat Straps, unless I have enough add ons like Tampered Timer + Rule Set 2 or the ones that grant me 2 more boxes (that sometimes pay off). If I don't have the VT, I use the one that grants me one more trap... but that's it. Besides the one that blinds the survivor, the other add ons are pretty much useless, unless I hard tunnel the trapped ones, what is not a fun play.

    I wish she had some status effects with her ambush, like other killers (something to cause the mangled status, exausted or something like that). And maybe that we had at least 1 more box by default.

    yah i think BHVR should completely redo her power and add-ons but this time focus on the ambush instead of traps

  • I want to revitalize this thread a little but, but have too much to say here. I made a post talking in length about her add-ons and how I would buff/redesign them.

    @Timeman63 said:

    Hey, it's me again with another post. This time around, I want to take a look at one of my favorite killers, Pig. Just a heads up, this post is going to be a long one, because there are some things I want to make clear, namely that I think Pig's power is mostly fine, and that it's primarily her add-ons that need to be updated. I made a post like this for Legion as well; you can check it out here:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/188978/legion-add-on-pass-rework-ideas

    So talking about Pig. She's in a weird place right now. Some players say she's bad, some say she's decent, others say she's actually kind of strong. In my opinion, she hovers somewhere between mid-tier and low-tier. There are days where she shines and days where she's just like "welp, guess I just suck". Now why is there such a wide range of opinions about her viability? My theory about this has two parts.

    1) Pig is a rather misunderstood killer and not many people know how she's meant to be played. To provide a personal example, I used to think Clown was not a very good killer at all. That was before I realized that I, much like a lot of players who are new to Clown, was using his power incorrectly. Instead of throwing the Afterpiece Tonic bottles at Survivors like you instinctively would for most projectiles in video games, you throw them in front of where Survivors are running, forcing them to either run through the entire gas cloud and maximizing the slowdown or to run away from the gas cloud and allow Clown to catch up. In a similar way, players often think that Pig is supposed to aim to make her RBTs lethal or that her Ambush Dash isn't very useful at loops. The truth of this is twofold; RBTs are meant to stall the game, not as a source of sacrifices, and her Ambush Dash is actually rather scary at many loops, and is simply a matter of being unpredictable in how you use the dash (although yes, it is often a matter of 50/50 mindgames). In this sense, her power at basekit is actually pretty decent, and the source of frustration for many Pig players is in her lackluster add-ons.

    2) The RBT portion of her power is RNG dependent, which means there will be times where her traps are almost ineffective, but also times where the game comes to a halt because all the Survivors are trying to get their RBT off. There are days where the RNG is simply not on my side, though my experiences have mostly been middle ground. The good news is, even if you put a RBT on a Survivor and they get it off on their first Jigsaw Box search, technically speaking the RBT has still accomplished its intended purpose, which is to lure Survivors away from their objective, allowing Pig to pressure Survivors that don't have RBTs. Since getting RBTs off quickly are a real possibility, you learn as a Pig player that you shouldn't rely on them, and that it's up to you and your other abilities (Stealth and Ambush Dash) to make Survivors feel the pain. By thinking this way, you eventually become better as a Pig player and as a Killer in general. Scorpionz has made guide videos that better illustrate Pig's potential far better than I ever could, so I highly recommend you watch his Youtube guides.

    So let's get to the part of Pig's kit that I feel really needs changing: her add-ons. Like with my Legion post, I'll be giving my proposed changes, along with my thought process and reasoning for changing them.

    Pig Add-on Changes

    Workshop Grease - Decrease the time between the Skill Check warning sound and Jigsaw Box Skill Checks

    This new effect for Workshop Grease is similar to Huntress Lullaby. The current Workshop Grease is almost detrimental to Pig, as more Skill Checks means more opportunities to get Great Skill Checks, further reducing the time spent searching Jigsaw Boxes. This new Workshop Grease will ensure the Jigsaw Box Skill Checks are at least more difficult to hit. Razor Wires will be reworked in a similar way.

    Shattered Syringe - (In addition to the current effect) Increases Crouch movement speed by 10%

    I actually think Shattered Syringe is alright, as it allows for more risky Ambush Dash plays and makes misses less punishing. The addition of Crouch movement speed is so that there is a positive effect even if you somehow never miss an Ambush Dash.

    John's Medical File - No changes

    Combat Straps - No changes

    Video Tape - No changes

    Utility Blades - Healthy Survivors that remove a Reverse Bear Trap become Injured. Injured Survivors that remove a Reverse Bear Trap suffer from the Mangled Status Effect for 60 seconds

    Hemorrhage is simply not a very useful effect, and even if it were, inflicting it on a Survivor with a RBT is counterproductive. These reworked Utility Blades will make Survivors have to deal with being injured for a little while longer after removing their RBT.

    Razor Wires - Jigsaw Box Skill Checks become Difficult Skill Checks

    These reworked Razor Wires make Jigsaw Box Skill Checks the size of a Decisive Strike Skill Check, instead of increasing the chances of a Skill Check, which can often be detrimental.

    Last Will - No changes

    Face Mask - No changes

    Slow-Release Toxin - Hitting Survivors with an Ambush Dash attack applies the Exhausted Status Effect for 15 seconds

    Inflicting debuffs on a Survivor with a RBT is often counterproductive, since you will be prioritizing Survivors that don't have one. As such, many of the add-ons that inflict debuffs upon placing RBTs on Survivors will be reworked in this manner. It also aims to provide more add-ons that give the Ambush Dash more capabilities.

    Rusty Attachments - Hitting Survivors with an Ambush Dash attack applies the Mangled Status Effect for 90 seconds

    Jigsaw's Annotated Plan - No changes

    Interlocking Razor - No changes

    Bag of Gears - No changes

    Tampered Timer - Reverse Bear Traps are now automatically active upon setting them

    This one might be a bit controversial, but in my opinion the current Tampered Timer is very feast or famine, in the sense that a RBT might not activate on a Survivor, effectively making the add-on worthless, but it can also reduce the death timer enough that in combination with add-ons like Crate of Gears, Survivors often don't have enough time to search all the Jigsaw Boxes and may get sacrificed without any chance of escaping, making it potentially unfun to play against. This reworked Tampered Timer keeps the death timer at 2 minutes and 30 seconds, while still retaining the original purpose of the add-on, which is making RBTs more threatening.

    Jigsaw's Sketch - No changes

    Crate of Gears - No changes

    Amanda's Secret - (In addition to the current effects) Putting a Survivor into the Dying State with an Ambush Dash attack reveals the Auras of all Survivors within 32 meters of The Pig for 4 seconds.

    The current Amanda's Secret has a niche purpose in allowing Pig to target a Survivor that has recently removed a RBT, though I feel the effect is not good enough to be a Very Rare add-on. The added effect of revealing nearby survivors after a successful down with an Ambush Dash rewards Pig with information she can then use to snowball.

    Rules Set No. 2 - Renamed to Iridescent Tape. A Survivor starts the Trial with a Reverse Bear Trap. Reverse Bear Trap death timers are reduced by 10 seconds each time a generator is completed

    Some players think Rules Set No. 2 should be basekit, while others say the add-on does more harm than good. Whether the add-on is good or not, I personally don't think the effect is very interesting, nor is the effect itself worthy of being an Ultra Rare add-on. This reimagined Rules Set No. 2, now named Iridescent Tape, creates an immediate threat in the form of a RBT already on a Survivor. In addition to this, RBT death timers are reduced by a few seconds when a generator is completed, either before or after activation. It's probably not enough to make RBT sacrifices happen all the time, but it should be enough of a threat that Survivors will think twice before continuing to work on generators.

    Amanda's Letter - When crouched, Auras of Survivors within 12 meters are revealed to The Pig. After standing up from Crouch, The Pig's TR and Red Stain will remain suppressed for 6 seconds

    I actually think the effect of Amanda's Letter is rather good, but not so good that it warrants such hefty downsides, so I've simply removed them. I've also added another effect inspired by Wraith's add-on "The Ghost - Soot". Having your TR and Red Stain remain suppressed after standing up allows Pig to be stealthier and potentially go for grabs off of generators, or to catch Survivors off guard in general.

    With that, that wraps up all my proposed Pig Add-on changes. Please leave your thoughts and criticisms. Thank you for sticking with me!

    In short, I actually think her power is serviceable, but her lack of reliable/good add-ons really hurts her.

  • I feel this. I want Rule Set Number 2 to be Base Kit. She just needs some really minor adjustments and add-ons changed around a bit and she'll be great.

  • @Timeman63 said:

    I want to revitalize this thread a little but, but have too much to say here. I made a post talking in length about her add-ons and how I would buff/redesign them.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/189576/pig-add-on-pass-ideas

    In short, I actually think her power is serviceable, but her lack of reliable/good add-ons really hurts her.

    Exactly too many trap add-ons the add-ons need to be crouch and ambush focused. The power is perfectly fine.

  • Convenient that you made this thread because look what Almo said to me the other day:

    image.png

    Hopefully some of the add-on changes are what you wanted.

  • @AhYesIPlayKateAndPig said:

    So im a pig main and i think her power is fine but her Add-ons COULD DEFINITLY BE BETTER. So here is what i would change.

    1)Make Rules Set No.2 Basekit

    2)Remove Razor Wires and Workshop Grease as they work against her

    3)Replace Rules Set No.2 with(just thinking of these but just anything that's an actual good add-on i will take) Iridescent Creation

    4)Replace Razor Wires and Workshop Grease with Weighted Combat Straps and Silent Snoot

    Iridescent Creation- Makes every reverse beartraps key on the 3rd or 4th jigsaw box searched

    removes 1 Bear Trap

    Weighted Combat Straps- Moderately decreases time it takes to crouch

    Slightly increases time it takes to Uncrouch

    Silent Snoot-When Charging an Ambush you don't roar or make any noise(ok so i know its kinda OP for a grey add-on but i like the name)

    And before ya get pressed in your reply these are just ideas i will take anything somewhat good for new addons the most important thing im trying to say is that i think her add-ons should be better especially razor wires and workshop grease.

    @illuminaegi said:

    I feel this. I want Rule Set Number 2 to be Base Kit. She just needs some really minor adjustments and add-ons changed around a bit and she'll be great.

    Rules Set No.2 basekit is a bad idea.

    The main point of Reverse Bear Traps is to stop survivors from doing gens. The reason why they have the ability to kill is so the survivors are forced to remove it, which means they are forced to waste time. If the survivors do not see Jigsaw Box auras, they will just repair the gens instead. This means they are no longer stopping gen repair, which is bad for you.

    While making this basekit would potentially help you get more Game Overs, that change would hurt Piggy's slowdown.

  • @AhYesIPlayKateAndPig said:

    So im a pig main and i think her power is fine but her Add-ons COULD DEFINITLY BE BETTER. So here is what i would change.

    1)Make Rules Set No.2 Basekit

    2)Remove Razor Wires and Workshop Grease as they work against her

    3)Replace Rules Set No.2 with(just thinking of these but just anything that's an actual good add-on i will take) Iridescent Creation

    4)Replace Razor Wires and Workshop Grease with Weighted Combat Straps and Silent Snoot

    Iridescent Creation- Makes every reverse beartraps key on the 3rd or 4th jigsaw box searched

    removes 1 Bear Trap

    Weighted Combat Straps- Moderately decreases time it takes to crouch

    Slightly increases time it takes to Uncrouch

    Silent Snoot-When Charging an Ambush you don't roar or make any noise(ok so i know its kinda OP for a grey add-on but i like the name)

    And before ya get pressed in your reply these are just ideas i will take anything somewhat good for new addons the most important thing im trying to say is that i think her add-ons should be better especially razor wires and workshop grease.

    Rules no 2 will never be basekit. They've said this time and time again.

  • I think her traps need a minor rework, cause when I play her putting a Trap on someone is basically just flipping a coin as too how much you'll get out of it. I'm not a fan of making Rule set number 2 base kit as it doesn't solve the randomness issue, it just puts the randomness in the killers favor. After that I'd be more than down for an addon pass.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/188603/pig-add-on-change-pwease

    Rules no 2 will never be basekit. They've said this time and time again.

    They have not said this time and time again, to my understanding. Peanits in particular has said that he himself is personally against Rules No. 2 being base kit.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1621205#Comment_1621205

    They have not said this time and time again, to my understanding. Peanits in particular has said that he himself is personally against Rules No. 2 being base kit.

    They said this back in the devstream q and a back when she released and its been re-iterated a fair few times. Its a pretty unreasonable thing to be base kit when you take solo play into account.

  • Honestly, as someone who keeps trying to get into Pig, it feels like she needs some love from the devs.

    No idea what form that should take, but...yeah.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1621258#Comment_1621258

    They said this back in the devstream q and a back when she released and its been re-iterated a fair few times. Its a pretty unreasonable thing to be base kit when you take solo play into account.

    I don't recall this ever being mentioned by anyone other than Peanits. It wasn't even because he thought it would be too strong. It's that he believes it weakens the Pig by making to Survivors wearing Reverse Bear Traps would just do gens instead of boxes, which means the Reverse Bear Traps aren't stalling the game out.

  • @StarLost said:

    Honestly, as someone who keeps trying to get into Pig, it feels like she needs some love from the devs.

    No idea what form that should take, but...yeah.

    i think the form would be more add-ons to do with her crouch stealth and ambush.

  • @Elena said:

    Convenient that you made this thread because look what Almo said to me the other day:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EE7OBGTLS3B9/image.png

    Hopefully some of the add-on changes are what you wanted.

    oh wow thx for showing me this im actuially really hopeful now

  • Rejoice my friends

    Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 5.10.47 PM.png

    Its only a matter of time.

    Edit: Just realized that someone already posted the image, my B.

  • @WTBacon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/188603/pig-add-on-change-pwease

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1613960#Comment_1613960

    Rules Set No.2 basekit is a bad idea.

    The main point of Reverse Bear Traps is to stop survivors from doing gens. The reason why they have the ability to kill is so the survivors are forced to remove it, which means they are forced to waste time. If the survivors do not see Jigsaw Box auras, they will just repair the gens instead. This means they are no longer stopping gen repair, which is bad for you.

    While making this basekit would potentially help you get more Game Overs, that change would hurt Piggy's slowdown.

    I know thats the first one i put but my main thing is the other add-ons. there are too many trap add-ons and not enough to do with ambush stealth and crouch. I would rather have rules set no.2 completely removed and replaced with something that maker her traps key in the 3rd or 4th box everytime.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    Rejoice my friends

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PWQFPU1WRWRE/screenshot-2020-09-15-at-5-10-47-pm.png

    Its only a matter of time.

    Edit: Just realized that someone already posted the image, my B.

    yah just saw that lol i see you on like every post i swear

  • I'd like to see more dash add-ons and not only RBT add-ons. Most of her add-ons are gimmicks, or useless RBT add-ons.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    I'd like to see more dash add-ons and not only RBT add-ons. Most of her add-ons are gimmicks, or useless RBT add-ons.

    Exactly what i want.

  • @AhYesIPlayKateAndPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624363#Comment_1624363

    yah just saw that lol i see you on like every post i swear

    What can I say? I have too much free time lmao.

  • @Elena said:

    Convenient that you made this thread because look what Almo said to me the other day:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EE7OBGTLS3B9/image.png

    Hopefully some of the add-on changes are what you wanted.

    Huh. I've been saying that sort of thing for a while too......

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    I'd like to see more dash add-ons and not only RBT add-ons. Most of her add-ons are gimmicks, or useless RBT add-ons.

    I think that half the status effect add-ons should shift to Ambush.

    Let's be real, who cared about HEMMORHAGE or BLINDNESS on an RBT? Hell, even Exhausted is a joke on there! The only status one somewhat care about using on the traps is actually Mangled, but even that is a double-edged sword. They'll either waste more time healing, and I do mean WASTE. Or they just won't care in the slightest.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624372#Comment_1624372

    I think that half the status effect add-ons should shift to Ambush.

    Let's be real, who cared about HEMMORHAGE or BLINDNESS on an RBT? Hell, even Exhausted is a joke on there! The only status one somewhat care about using on the traps is actually Mangled, but even that is a double-edged sword. They'll either waste more time healing, and I do mean WASTE. Or they just won't care in the slightest.

    i actually like the face mask and agree with the mangled but the others suck.

  • @AhYesIPlayKateAndPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624385#Comment_1624385

    i actually like the face mask and agree with the mangled but the others suck.

    I think all four of them suck, but Mangled sucks slightly less than the other three.

  • The problem with Pig is that while she has three powers, they're all very underwhelming. I'm sure she gets a decent number of kills, partly because survivors don't face her that often and don't know how to deal with her. I'll often find survivors working on generators with a trap on their head. That makes them easy to down later. But if you look at how long it takes her to get her first down, you'll see why she's underpowered.

    Her first power is her stealth. The upside is that she has no terror radius (similar to Ghostface, Wraith, Tier 1 Myers, and Deathslinger). But her natural terror radius is 32 Meters, and she moves slower than Nurse when crouched. Like most stealth, hers is countered hard by Spine Chill, but Pig can't as easily avoid spine chill like Wraith can. She has some of the weakest stealth in the game because her terror radius is a normal 32 meter terror radius, and she's just too slow while in stealth.

    Her second power is her ambush attack. This is her looping power, and as far as Anti-Loop goes, its among the weakest in the game. Against a good survivor, it won't do much if anything. The only real positive thing about her ambush attack is that it doesn't count as a STBFL attack, allowing her to conserve stacks against the Obsession. The cooldown on a missed attack is pretty rough, too.

    Then her final, and arguably primary, power is the Reverse Bear Trap. This is a slowdown ability. There's three things bad about this power though: #1. You have to down someone before you can even use it, and Pig doesn't have much to help her get downs other than being a basic M1 Killer. Her stealth can help a little, but not a lot. #2. It stops working entirely once all the gens are done. Meaning if you struggle to get any downs before the last gen pops, Pig is limited to her two powers (much like Freddy). Now, it definitely has the potential to be as strong as Freddy's teleport. But that ties into Problem #3 which is... it's heavily RNG reliant. That makes it very swingy. Some games you'll do well, and it'll waste a lot of the survivors time. And in other games they'll get their traps off at the first or second box. It's the least reliable power in the game.

    Overall, she's an amazingly fun character to play as, but her powers are a bit too weak. Then you have her add-ons, which just don't make sense and you get a character who's pretty much bottom tier in terms of going against good survivors. She's just not reliable. Her power could buy you 150 seconds per survivor, or it can only buy you 20 seconds. And in order to even use that power, she has to down people, which she has little help as far as her power goes. Her power just requires way more work, and can potentially do a lot less than other powers. I think all of her powers need some buffs to make her what she can be. (Not necessarily a full re-work, but some nice buffs like Leatherface got)

  • @KingFrost said:

    The problem with Pig is that while she has three powers, they're all very underwhelming. I'm sure she gets a decent number of kills, partly because survivors don't face her that often and don't know how to deal with her. I'll often find survivors working on generators with a trap on their head. That makes them easy to down later. But if you look at how long it takes her to get her first down, you'll see why she's underpowered.

    Her first power is her stealth. The upside is that she has no terror radius (similar to Ghostface, Wraith, Tier 1 Myers, and Deathslinger). But her natural terror radius is 32 Meters, and she moves slower than Nurse when crouched. Like most stealth, hers is countered hard by Spine Chill, but Pig can't as easily avoid spine chill like Wraith can. She has some of the weakest stealth in the game because her terror radius is a normal 32 meter terror radius, and she's just too slow while in stealth.

    Her second power is her ambush attack. This is her looping power, and as far as Anti-Loop goes, its among the weakest in the game. Against a good survivor, it won't do much if anything. The only real positive thing about her ambush attack is that it doesn't count as a STBFL attack, allowing her to conserve stacks against the Obsession. The cooldown on a missed attack is pretty rough, too.

    Then her final, and arguably primary, power is the Reverse Bear Trap. This is a slowdown ability. There's three things bad about this power though: #1. You have to down someone before you can even use it, and Pig doesn't have much to help her get downs other than being a basic M1 Killer. Her stealth can help a little, but not a lot. #2. It stops working entirely once all the gens are done. Meaning if you struggle to get any downs before the last gen pops, Pig is limited to her two powers (much like Freddy). Now, it definitely has the potential to be as strong as Freddy's teleport. But that ties into Problem #3 which is... it's heavily RNG reliant. That makes it very swingy. Some games you'll do well, and it'll waste a lot of the survivors time. And in other games they'll get their traps off at the first or second box. It's the least reliable power in the game.

    Overall, she's an amazingly fun character to play as, but her powers are a bit too weak. Then you have her add-ons, which just don't make sense and you get a character who's pretty much bottom tier in terms of going against good survivors. She's just not reliable. Her power could buy you 150 seconds per survivor, or it can only buy you 20 seconds. And in order to even use that power, she has to down people, which she has little help as far as her power goes. Her power just requires way more work, and can potentially do a lot less than other powers. I think all of her powers need some buffs to make her what she can be. (Not necessarily a full re-work, but some nice buffs like Leatherface got)

    I agree 100% with you. I miss old endgame piggy and she needs a complete add-on rework

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624456#Comment_1624456

    I think all four of them suck, but Mangled sucks slightly less than the other three.

    agreed

  • When pig is booped by a surivior all other survivors are exposed for 60s..

    Jokes yeah add on rework please but please don't effect how she plays with cool downs etc and actually make her head traps scary!

    The amount of suriviors I see doing gens with a trap on is unreal. Make them fear the pig again. Please thank you.

    🐷💖

  • @Darkskies said:

    When pig is booped by a surivior all other survivors are exposed for 60s..

    Jokes yeah add on rework please but please don't effect how she plays with cool downs etc and actually make her head traps scary!

    The amount of suriviors I see doing gens with a trap on is unreal. Make them fear the pig again. Please thank you.

    🐷💖

    or give her add-ons that increase time the ambush attack lasts or better combat straps or something that makes it so they dont always get it off on the first box or one that makes her faster while crouched

  • @AhYesIPlayKateAndPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631901#Comment_1631901

    or give her add-ons that increase time the ambush attack lasts or better combat straps or something that makes it so they dont always get it off on the first box or one that makes her faster while crouched

    I say give her the add on to make dashes more lethal.. Say your in mid dash as haunted ground gets cleansed your screwed out of a down.

    Not to mention unevering presence doesn't work on pig boxes why this was a change that made skill check piggy weak I'll never known the logic being that.

    These are unique builds I would like to work.. Unnerving plus razor wires plus into locking a add on that requires you using a perk to make it actually work but doesn't because it does not effect piggy boxes.

    My soul desire is to make Amanda actually be Amanda she made the game unwinnable give her that ability even if it's ultra rare.

    The fact that Amanda is a giant meme is upsetting. She never payed by the rules..

    tumblr_p5z0bdle6N1ut3qibo1_400.png


  • God damn it, the pig mains are so wholesome, I love it when they use emotes like this 🐽💖🐷.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    God damn it, the pig mains are so wholesome, I love it when they use emotes like this 🐽💖🐷.

    It's to lull you into a false sense of trust my friend just like boops we will humour you until we see our moment to slow tea bag you.. I joke I can say most of my fellow piggy be very kind fun and beautiful souls.

    I love and have great respect for my fellow pig players even though I don't agree with them most the time I still love them regardless.

    🐷💯💖

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    God damn it, the pig mains are so wholesome, I love it when they use emotes like this 🐽💖🐷.

    BTW @PigMainClaudette and @JpLegion look bhrv we are so wholesome and totally deserve buffs (this is the part where you roar dash and be cute) so adorable ... 🐷💯🙌🐽

    🐷😇 (#notallpigscrouchtunnel)

  • I agree with @PigMainClaudette She needs her addons to work for her

    Maybe have the skillcheck addons make the check smaller (but I doubt it)

    No Rule set No. 2 Basekit...

    Have more Ambush addons (either crouching/uncrouching and Dash)

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632678#Comment_1632678

    It's to lull you into a false sense of trust my friend just like boops we will humour you until we see our moment to slow tea bag you.. I joke I can say most of my fellow piggy be very kind fun and beautiful souls.

    I love and have great respect for my fellow pig players even though I don't agree with them most the time I still love them regardless.

    🐷💯💖

    Survivor: sees Pig

    That survivor:

    images (15).jpeg images (16).jpeg

    Me, that Pig: Do it and I stab you.

  • Pig antiloop the ambush? Maybe mindgame help becuz people just run to the next loop and ur rush is useless.

‹ 1 2