Next 2 DLCs on the roadmap
Do you think these last 2 DlCs will be the last. i honestly think it might sadly.
Do you think these last 2 DlCs will be the last. i honestly think it might sadly.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Might very well be true.
The backbones of the game, dedicated servers, matchmaking etc etc they all remain untouched. I dont think the devs plan for the future anymore, just milk till it dies I guess =(
No, the game will not die and here is the reason: There is a Cosmetic Shop added where the Devs think I get a lot of money. And it was about 5-6 months ago a video uploaded which means: This is just the beginning Here is the link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmBZ33GMbs0&feature=youtu.be
So the game will not die
If they run run out of OG Killer ideas, they have licensed characters. If they run out of Horror Movie icons to add, they could always reach other to other video games for new Killer ideas (Like Tyrant from Resident Evil series).
Dead By Daylight has just far, far too much potential for longevity to die anytime soon.
Aha, can you please elaborate how a cosmetics stop being added prevents the game from dieing? Enlight me please
No they won't be the last. It's just roadmap for THIS YEAR not forever
Wrong decision are made all the time
They might stop making killers and survivors, for a while. Really though, how many do we really need in the game... too many to choose from now.
They have to still pay for the rights for this game... Doubt the spent all that money to end it in a year... they are gonna take this as far as they can. They still got 3 years left to pay for those rights.
depending on how much money they are doing, should be another roadmap after, but the ideas are running out.... a killer that may transform into a survivor will happen for sure
Money for studio = pay devs to update game
Update game = players spend more money
Players spend more = money for studio
Money for studio = pay devs to update game
Etc, etc, etc
Basic economics. The Game will continue as long as it generates profits for the studio, and the studio will continue to update the game as long as they see those profits coming in.
Possibly.
We're guaranteed 2 more chapters, after that... no one knows.
I think after 2 more chapters, we'll just get 2 more after that and then they'll be done.
I hope I'm wrong personally.
I don't think so. This game makes a lot of money and the devs probably have content planned until at least 2020.
That is completely baseless speculation on your part. Though I like how you put "may" and "for sure" in the same sentence.
DbD is in a really good place right now, we are not going anywhere!
The 1 year roadmap was made to give the Community some insight on our plans and reinforce the message that we are committed to the game for AT LEAST one year. As for ideas, this is a non-issue, our creative team has a lot of original ideas to toy with!
Just enjoy the game while it's here. Fretting over the future will just give you unneeded anxiety.
Those mods can be fired any time again. I love the arguments you bring
That's why we should buy every DLCs to support the devs folks
glad to see the company is doing well making money
plz tell ur creatives to add a killah that transforms into a clone of the 4 survs
I will buy the next viable killer
I wouldn't be surprised if they continue with the content but at a slower rate. Say there was 4/4/4 of content this year, it might be 3/3/3 next. In what ever way they do it, the game isn't going to be abandoned just yet
Thanks for giving me hope bb
It's the end of the Mayan Calendar!
We've been dead all along!
Devs reaction to this post:

The game is obviously profitable, they aren't going to abandon it anytime soon.
Just hope they add something new into the match, hag bringed totems, and the ping brought the rbt but we need more secondary objectives though
Well, I've barely played the game (I have limited play time, and the wife likes us to duo-group in Overwatch), but was just on and, at Rank 20, spent around 10 minutes or so in queue as both survivor and killer, and finally just gave up.
Now, don't misread that: I am not calling the game out as dying. I know from the forums that Rank 20 is low population. But, that said, I've been watching it on the Steam Charts. It's been dropping players in August and the past 30 days, and right now is sitting at a little over 11k players. If it continues in that direction, it's going to trend back to where it was in Spring 2017, which was very low according to the chart data. If that happens, a cosmetic shop isn't going to do much, unless there are a disproportionate amount of whales in DBD.
Is the game dying? Not in my opinion. The charts show they just came off some nice growth over the May-July 2018 months. If the revenue is invested properly, they might have a decent safety net if the game does start suffering a player loss, and August-September isn't just pre-school year starting slump.
But as a Rank 20, it's a damned shame about the queues. Unfortunately, there are other games I can play where being a newbie doesn't give me queues that offer very few actual matches for my gaming time. I don't blame Behavior for that. The game is over two-years-old and the population is generally higher ranks, now, and obviously not pulling in enough new players. Just the nature of the beast. Shame, as it was a game I was willing to support.
It's entirely possible that the next two could be the last, but highly unlikely. You know what would determine that? Sales. And it wouldn't be the dev's choice, it would be the publisher's choice. Luckily though, DbD still sells well to this day as does all of the dlc and the Auric Cells. I don't think the development will halt any time soon.
It's a schedule for the year, not a schedule for the LAST year.
They should keep roadmap intact for the next year.
Add new 4 killers, 4 survivors and 4 map.
Other objectives in the future:
New competitive rank system without SWF.
Dedicated servers.
New game modes 2 killers vs 6 survivors.
I LOVE DbD AND I LOVE YOU TOO QUEEN! THX FOR THIS REPLY!
But in order to keep a game more attractive to it's player new content would have to roll out regularly
with the quality of the Spirit killer. it wouldn't surprise me if they stopped after these next two its obvious they have no clue how to make a good killer. all they seem to be able to make is very low tier or low mid tier killers.
DBD is self-published now. Behaviour bought the rights from Starbreeze for $12 million.
Which was a pretty clear indication that they think there are many years more life left in the game.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually come out with a VR version of Dbd.
Do you think time will stop at the end of the calendar?
There are no players at those low ranks because devs decided to "protect" the beginner players and make it impossible to derank into the ranks 20-15. Of course, as a result only the beginners are in those ranks during their first few games and you will have insane queues.
I dont know who thought that this is a good idea, but well, now its implemented
Which would be very interesting to many people so even more money for them. Whether the game still has ongoing bugs
@Kilmeran That's a good point. Will bring the feedback to the team!