If SWF aren't an issue, why not allow people to know they are going against it?

Title.

If SWF aren't an issue, it wouldn't hurt to let killers and other solo players know they are playing with premade.

Comments

  • @Xzan said:

    Checking player profiles to see who is a group is already possible. So why not make this information easier accessible?

    I want to know if I have to use better addons or switch to another killer. lobbydodge because I don't want to play against a 4 man with my babywraith who has a daily.

    SWF gives enough advantages, so at least a notification shouldn't be that much of a problem.


  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527867#Comment_1527867

    Well, like I said, if SWFs aren't such an issue, it wouldn't hurt to let everybody know they are going against SWF.

    And if everybody is going to dodge SWF, then SWF is an issue that needs to be addressed.

    Bruh you need to calm down with all that logic and critical thinking, it's going to offend someone.

  • @Jashaun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1528196#Comment_1528196

    Thats the problem. thats why its better for it to stay unknown. ‘better addons’ ‘switch’ . you killers have the audacity to talk like yall the one who has chances of losing most of your games

    SWF gives an undenieable advantage, why shouldn't the killer be able to even the odds if he sees it's an SWF?

  • ACTUALLY someone said something smart in here...


    IF there were 2 separate ques entirely, 1 Que for SOLO Survivors aka Solo Que

    And another for SWF Survivors.

    A Killer can choose which they would like to play against, Solo or SWF , and there could be a BONUS Reward in BP or XP or whatever else for a Killer that chooses to play against SWF!

    The incentive for the BP + XP Bonus for Killers playing against SWF should be enough to still get Killers to pick SWF matches! And they could even add a little "Top 100" SWF Killers Ranking Chart or something for a little added motivation. It would actually create almost like an "actual Ranked" matchmaking as opposed to the way it is now, and the Solo Que players and Killers can remain mostly for casuals.

    This would actually work pretty well in my opinion! And may solve a lot of these issues people keep trying to find solutions to.


    EDIT: Honestly I'm not even that great of a Killer, but if I could get 100% Bonus XP/BP for choosing to play against a SWF Team I would most likely pick it almost every time! Unless I was just having a really rough day and didn't feel like being bullied at all and wanted a more chill casual game.. which does happen, but now the way things are I just choose to not even play DBD when I'm in such a mood because DBD games are always 100% sweaty now especially given the current matchmaking system.

    I miss having casual games on DBD haha. But yeah with a Bonus incentive I am sure I would be picking to play against SWF win or lose quite often.

  • @ReviloDBD said:

    ACTUALLY someone said something smart in here...

    IF there were 2 separate ques entirely, 1 Que for SOLO Survivors aka Solo Que

    And another for SWF Survivors.

    A Killer can choose which they would like to play against, Solo or SWF , and there could be a BONUS Reward in BP or XP or whatever else for a Killer that chooses to play against SWF!

    The incentive for the BP + XP Bonus for Killers playing against SWF should be enough to still get Killers to pick SWF matches! And they could even add a little "Top 100" SWF Killers Ranking Chart or something for a little added motivation. It would actually create almost like an "actual Ranked" matchmaking as opposed to the way it is now, and the Solo Que players and Killers can remain mostly for casuals.

    This would actually work pretty well in my opinion! And may solve a lot of these issues people keep trying to find solutions to.

    EDIT: Honestly I'm not even that great of a Killer, but if I could get 100% Bonus XP/BP for choosing to play against a SWF Team I would most likely pick it almost every time! Unless I was just having a really rough day and didn't feel like being bullied at all and wanted a more chill casual game.. which does happen, but now the way things are I just choose to not even play DBD when I'm in such a mood because DBD games are always 100% sweaty now especially given the current matchmaking system.

    I miss having casual games on DBD haha. But yeah with a Bonus incentive I am sure I would be picking to play against SWF win or lose quite often.

    They will never split the queues, especially considering how long they are now, maybe they get better tomorrow with crossplay but I doubt it.

    They can and should already be giving huge BP bonuses for playing against SWF and they should be clearly marked - both the bonus and the SWF.

    EDIT: I would also like to re-iterate what the OP said because over half of these postS are the same, tired, wrong "BUH BUH BUT QUEUE DODGERS!!?!!"

    🤔 Well, like I said, if SWFs aren't such an issue, it wouldn't hurt to let everybody know they are going against SWF.

    And if everybody is going to dodge SWF, then SWF is an issue that needs to be addressed. 🤔

  • @maxkidd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1528257#Comment_1528257

    Your right instead they just kill themselves on hook when it's a killer they don't like.

    Suprise people dont want to play a game as a killer to be bullied into a corner by people with quite literally 100x the amount of hours they have. Iv seen killers with one perk against 4 rank 1s. Swf changes the game - comms , they dont need many perks because of mics, very little loss of efficiency as you know who's being chased , who's on gen and who's doing totems, know when to block or not. Etc etc. But Devs can make more money off swfs so screw killer that's been evident for awhile now.

    Killers DC, or go afk in the corner all the time.

    It is why I disagree with punishment for afk or hook suicide. Players should have the right to throw a match. But not avoid the match outright. Of every 10 swf I run into, 1.5 are the super annoying ones, while 5 of 10 are the highly gen focused teams. Of the highly gen focused teams, 1 or 2 are so good that I'm lucky to get 2 kills.

    If I avoided every SWF due to 10% of my matches, that would destroy que times for me. Bad for the game all around.

  • @ImagineUcareForPips said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527875#Comment_1527875

    Don't fool yourself. You know very well that killers will dodge swf regardless if it's an issue or not. They have ptsd from swf groups.

    In that case survivors would be dodging every legion they see because they would be having old legion ptsd and so on with every thing that used to be op/broken in past. Somehow this isn't the case, so your statement is wrong.

  • @ImagineUcareForPips said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1531271#Comment_1531271

    It is. Plenty of survivor dc when they see a Legion. Pug and ussylis do that live on Twitch, just to name a few.

    Haven't met at least one survivors who DCs instantly when seeing Legion for a long time. Perhaps I'm not having newbies every game.

    As for streamers you've mentioned, the pug is a clown who has been playing the game since release but hasn't got good ever since. The only reason I see people are watching him, because he is funny in some way. Using him and other person (I've kinda watched 2 his streams - 5-10 seconds from every game to see how he behaves and find a legion game which he hasn't dodged) as an argument that EVERYONE will DC bc of ptsd is kinda a bad one. If most (especially most popular streamers) insta DCed against X because of ptsd they had against broken version of X that has been patched, then I would've agreed with you, but as of now, your argument is still irrelevant here.

  • I made the same point about 2 months ago and literally every response was just "killers = dodge". In reality only killers who are really not confident in their ability would dodge unless it is like 4 p3 claudettes.

    @SIeepWaIker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527887#Comment_1527887

    You are painting with too broad a brush, and it is intentionally misleading. Yes, there are some really great gamers out there that meet other really great gamers and become SWAT SWFs, but there are other average gamers out there that just want to play with friends and have fun. The 2nd group is not OP and often loses to altruism and other mistakes. When I play with friends, I play worse at times just chatting with them and not really paying attention to the game. Surviving with Friends is completely different than winning with other exceptional gamers.

    You want to trip someone into saying swfs are a problem. I don't think they are, and there is a pretty logical reason why not to show which you continuously gloss over with your brush.

    1. Killers see SWATs (good group of gamers) as a problem. Going against good gamers is tough for everyone. I've gone against incredible killers and survivors.
    2. Devs implement SWF indicator. It does not differentiate SWAT and any other SWF.
    3. All killers avoid SWF because of their disdain for SWAT and want to have their 4ks easy-mode.
    4. The whole group of SWFs which are not SWAT (maybe like 90%) never find matches because baby killers.
    5. Game ceases to be played with friends and loses large player base.
    6. No more survivors
    7. Killers in empty lobbies waiting long times for 4 solo-survivors so they can get their 4ks.

    Why do you just assume all killers will dodge? Yes there are good swfs but it's quite easy to tell who is going to try gen rush in the lobby if you know they are an swf.

    @DisappointedUser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527884#Comment_1527884

    Who has ever said SWF is a minority? SWF depip squads are a minority. But 75% of games are some form of SWF according to BHVR themselves. So I have no idea where you go argument 2 from.

    Yes a large percentage of survivors do play with friends but this kind of adds to the problem to be honest.

    @thereals3vin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527875#Comment_1527875

    Lol lobby dodging is due to killers feeling slighted if they dont 4K. That is what would come from this. That doesnt fix anything, it just adds to the toxicity of this community.

    No it would arguably remove toxicity from the community. Killers aren't cry babies they are players who like killing instead of surviving. If killers knew they were about to have a tough game they could change perks or put on addons (when the ability is readded).

    @wisdomwielder said:

    This issue could be fixed I think if they give a swf an MMR multiplier for each person in the group, so that for each person, their MMR is increased by say... x1.2 for each person.

    That way, these groups will go against killers who are equipped to deal with swf.

    Again i have also made a similar point but there is almost no way the devs would mess with mmr this early unfortunately.

    I would be very appreciative if someone could give a good reason for why this shouldn't be added apart from "killers dodge swf".

  • @Moundshroud said:

    I've said this BEFORE and I'll say it again. SWF is a HUGE problem because it causes ripples throughout the game. It is EASILY addressed. There should be the following types of matches:

    1. Solo where you don't come in with a group and you can't see the real ID info of the other Survivors until the end of the match. Thus, no communication OUTSIDE the game itself. There are Perks for that (like Kindred), and gesture animations.
    2. Custom games where you CAN go in and play with your friends and a willing Killer. Everyone is on the same page and understands it is SWF.
    3. SWF League Play, where groups can go earn blood points together as a REGISTERED TEAM, and the Killers know what they are facing and the DEV can do appropriate Buffs or situation alterations to balance the extreme advantage SWF provides.

    That's it. It solves the problem. Two out of three of these allow you to play with your friends. It prevents Solo players from being at a disadvantage for Rank as they aren't competing against Teams (they get their own grouping), and Killers don't have to face broken OUT OF GAME knowledge and coordination unless they want to do it and where it has been balanced for them. In addition, Leagues, i.e. teams would add a great new dimension to this game.

    Sorry, you aren't that smart, you haven't solved the problem. People like you don't realise how many people play the game that are SWF, it would absolutely ######### queue times for everyone and screw over games. Not only that but 90% of SWF players want to play casually against their friends, A) In this ######### league idea you have you haven't factored in 3man SWF, where would you get the solo from B) Most SWF are more casual than solo survivors because they are trying to have a laugh with friends, not play some awful match that will be a sweatfest

  • @Scrublo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1528172#Comment_1528172

    Sorry, you aren't that smart, you haven't solved the problem. People like you don't realise how many people play the game that are SWF, it would absolutely ######### queue times for everyone and screw over games. Not only that but 90% of SWF players want to play casually against their friends, A) In this ######### league idea you have you haven't factored in 3man SWF, where would you get the solo from B) Most SWF are more casual than solo survivors because they are trying to have a laugh with friends, not play some awful match that will be a sweatfest

    I never claimed to be smart, but my vocabulary is broad enough that I don't rely on profanity for emphasis. The solution I offered provides two out of three methods for SWF to continue playing, and for fun. The only thing it does is take them out of unfair advantage with Solos and gives the Devs a grouping to balance again. In short, the suggestion takes nothing away from SWF except an unfair advantage. I don't think it would affect the Que at all, it might even speed it up. We have not data on that. But I suspect that the lobby would have fewer d/c for Solos and the lobby for groups would move too if the Killers knew what they were facing and it had been balanced accordingly.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1531658#Comment_1531658

    I never claimed to be smart, but my vocabulary is broad enough that I don't rely on profanity for emphasis. The solution I offered provides two out of three methods for SWF to continue playing, and for fun. The only thing it does is take them out of unfair advantage with Solos and gives the Devs a grouping to balance again. In short, the suggestion takes nothing away from SWF except an unfair advantage. I don't think it would affect the Que at all, it might even speed it up. We have not data on that. But I suspect that the lobby would have fewer d/c for Solos and the lobby for groups would move too if the Killers knew what they were facing and it had been balanced accordingly.

    Yes, it takes away and chance of queuing into a game as very few killers will opt into that and it will probably take upwards of 30 minutes each game. On top of that every killer you go against will likely sweat their ass off to get you

  • @Scrublo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1531672#Comment_1531672

    Yes, it takes away and chance of queuing into a game as very few killers will opt into that and it will probably take upwards of 30 minutes each game. On top of that every killer you go against will likely sweat their ass off to get you

    If the group has been re-balanced to reflect it is a group, say by adding an additional Generator to power the gates (something like that) Killers aren't going to hesitate to deal with SWF and their 5th Perk (Comms). As I said, I think it may even speed the ques up overall. There is no way to know as it hasn't been tested. It can't slow things down worse. :) And so what if EVERY Killer you go up against is going to sweat to kill you. That is how it is SUPPOSED to be. That is the game. You play hard.

  • @Pryzm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1530464#Comment_1530464

    Killers DC, or go afk in the corner all the time.

    It is why I disagree with punishment for afk or hook suicide. Players should have the right to throw a match. But not avoid the match outright. Of every 10 swf I run into, 1.5 are the super annoying ones, while 5 of 10 are the highly gen focused teams. Of the highly gen focused teams, 1 or 2 are so good that I'm lucky to get 2 kills.

    If I avoided every SWF due to 10% of my matches, that would destroy que times for me. Bad for the game all around.

    Unsurprisingly those killers iv seen dc have(relatively few but red rank killers dont usually dc for me) are shockingly rank 18 + with 1 perk slot for spies from the shadows.


    Let me get this straight you'd rather a system where people prematurely kill themselves or throw ,ruining the game for others instead of just flat out avoiding the ######### show? No one is saying you HAVE to dodge on swf. Hell it could help, if I knew a 2 man was in lobby I could lose the sweat build but 4 man with toolkits? That a meta game 4 sure.

  • @Nicholas said:

    And I assume you also want survivors to see the killer before the match starts? Might as well at this point, then everyone can dodge everything they dislike.

    don't people just see the killer and leave as of now? its a pretty big thing iirc

  • @Carpemortum said:

    Because for one, its not a problem, but people want it to be. So if someone sees a swf they make it a self fulfilling prophecy and go super hard against them, to "stop the problem".

    Secondly, it does no good to know. 4 person solo squads can be just as good, and either way its irrelevant. Play the game, move on to the next. Them being a group doesnt change much. Maybe the difficulty a little, but you cant have easy games all the time...

    The only people who would benefit/act on this information are people who are ALREADY biased against swf for any reason they can muster.

    SWF have information that solo survivors do not. They have an inherent advantage that regularly isn't there. As a killer main I personally don't make taking an L to SWF sometimes, but there are a fairly large number of instances where I get flashlight spammed and tea bagged and post game messages saying I'm trash, and why? Because they could literally just tell each other where I was at all times, add onto that 4 DS, 4 BT, 4 Adrenaline and 4 other random perks that serve to annoy and you have a very unpleasant experience. At least having the knowledge BEFORE going into a match that you're facing a premade can allow you to switch up your build/offering if applicable to give you the best chance at winning.

  • @Seanzu said:

    this game is so insanely easy for killer to what it used to be 2/3 years ago, I doubt any of you would have stuck around for more than a few months, y'all have it so easy now lol.

    SWF is fine.

    Calm down there kid. You're making assumptions that you have no way of backing up. Both sides might have it "easier" than they did 2/3 years ago, when the game was new...and hadn't been iterated on or improved. So naturally it makes sense if the process for both sides becomes more fluid and "easy", that doesn't invalidate the OP argument though, it has absolutely nothing to do with it actually as that was 2-3 years ago and this is now.

  • @Pryzm said:

    Triggered, sensitive, insecure players will avoid them. It would be no different than letting survivors know what killer they are facing, even if you locked their current build in. They'd see they are facing Spirit and leave lobby. WTH is the point of that? Punished for playing a killer, or punished for playing a GAME with friends?

    Stop with this silliness. I face SWF non-stop and though it can get frustrating at times, most suck horribly and try so hard to be a top-tier streamer while turning out to be a rotten potato. There is way too much crying about SWF on this forum. Yes, comms give an advantage, but I'd rather see them buff solo survivor and killers as opposed to letting us know when there is an SWF or nerfing SWF.

    That's an opinion. Don't tell OP not to have one though.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1527887#Comment_1527887

    Your thoughts on this would kill the game, so I guess you would rather have no game at all than have a challenge? Swf is fine in fact id be willing to bet they die more often trying to help each other. If people want to play EZ games go play the bots on mobile, swf isn't going anywhere and the devs have stated plenty of times they aren't gonna punish people for playing with their friends when it was always intended to be that way even when it wasn't an option when the game first came out it was always in the plans to bring it to the game

    You sound an awful lot like a survivor main to me.

  • I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again:


    I’d rather not be criticized and disrespected by Killers for enjoying a game with my friends. That’s all it will bring, that and dodging.

  • I'd just like to know so I can account for SWF playstyles and maybe tweak my build a little. Instead I end up bullying solos all the time because I'm preparing for swfs.

  • @maxkidd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1531119#Comment_1531119

    Unsurprisingly those killers iv seen dc have(relatively few but red rank killers dont usually dc for me) are shockingly rank 18 + with 1 perk slot for spies from the shadows.

    Let me get this straight you'd rather a system where people prematurely kill themselves or throw ,ruining the game for others instead of just flat out avoiding the ######### show? No one is saying you HAVE to dodge on swf. Hell it could help, if I knew a 2 man was in lobby I could lose the sweat build but 4 man with toolkits? That a meta game 4 sure.

    Lobby dodging was an absolute nightmare back before SWF. Survivors would dodge lobbies just to get in matches together. You could sit for an hour in a lobby.

    It would be the same. Killers would dodge then survivors would circumnavigate by dodging in solo que

    It would be an absolute nightmare. Not worth it just to spare a few sensitive players their ego being hurt.

    Seriously, I just ran 7 matches as Pig. 2 were very good SWF who had 3 gens down before first hook. I 4k'd in one and 2 k the other. Were the matches a little frustrating, sure, but also challenging. No sweat off my back. I mostly play lower tier killers like Trapper, Pig and Doc

  • @Moundshroud said:

    I've said this BEFORE and I'll say it again. SWF is a HUGE problem because it causes ripples throughout the game. It is EASILY addressed. There should be the following types of matches:

    1. Solo where you don't come in with a group and you can't see the real ID info of the other Survivors until the end of the match. Thus, no communication OUTSIDE the game itself. There are Perks for that (like Kindred), and gesture animations.
    2. Custom games where you CAN go in and play with your friends and a willing Killer. Everyone is on the same page and understands it is SWF.
    3. SWF League Play, where groups can go earn blood points together as a REGISTERED TEAM, and the Killers know what they are facing and the DEV can do appropriate Buffs or situation alterations to balance the extreme advantage SWF provides.

    That's it. It solves the problem. Two out of three of these allow you to play with your friends. It prevents Solo players from being at a disadvantage for Rank as they aren't competing against Teams (they get their own grouping), and Killers don't have to face broken OUT OF GAME knowledge and coordination unless they want to do it and where it has been balanced for them. In addition, Leagues, i.e. teams would add a great new dimension to this game.

    It's a good idea, don't get me wrong, but with queue times, this would never work. With 2 modes, it takes 30 minutes. Imagine how bad they would be if this happened.

  • @Unicorn said:

    I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again:

    I’d rather not be criticized and disrespected by Killers for enjoying a game with my friends. That’s all it will bring, that and dodging.

    But you want SWF to criticize and disrespect killers constantly as they are doing now? Got it.

  • Always this bullcrap about swat swf. You don't have to play like that, to have an advantage over the killer. You know everything, what a solo surv does not know. Just watch any youtube video where somebody plays SWF. Much more information, you can talk to them, which perks they should use, if they should lure the killer away and not directly running in to a gen where ppl working on it. That happens as solo surv all the time. And many more times.

    Solution? None. Deal with it or the devs have to nerf particullar groups with perks restriction etc.

  • @Masochistic_Killer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1530865#Comment_1530865

    They will never split the queues, especially considering how long they are now, maybe they get better tomorrow with crossplay but I doubt it.

    They can and should already be giving huge BP bonuses for playing against SWF and they should be clearly marked - both the bonus and the SWF.

    EDIT: I would also like to re-iterate what the OP said because over half of these postS are the same, tired, wrong "BUH BUH BUT QUEUE DODGERS!!?!!"

    🤔 Well, like I said, if SWFs aren't such an issue, it wouldn't hurt to let everybody know they are going against SWF.

    And if everybody is going to dodge SWF, then SWF is an issue that needs to be addressed. 🤔

    Except for if what I said was implemented, then chances are more people would actually enjoy playing the game because there would be a choice between more casual play or SWF play.. and there would be added rewards and incentives.

    The idea is that if the ques were split, but more people enjoyed playing the game, more people would que, there would be a larger player base, and ultimately the ques would actually end up shorter than they are now because it would create a healthier game as a whole. You get what I'm saying?

  • @JordanMalicious said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1528262#Comment_1528262

    Calm down there kid. You're making assumptions that you have no way of backing up. Both sides might have it "easier" than they did 2/3 years ago, when the game was new...and hadn't been iterated on or improved. So naturally it makes sense if the process for both sides becomes more fluid and "easy", that doesn't invalidate the OP argument though, it has absolutely nothing to do with it actually as that was 2-3 years ago and this is now.

    But there have been no significant changes that somehow make the game easier for survivors, only killers.

    Gens are the same speed (a little slower when coop now though), there are no double pallets any more, there a way less pallets even, the "strong survivor maps" have had their strong loops removed, some maps even cut in size, all the op strong pink addons have been nerfed

    There has been nothing added to the game that somehow makes it easier to play as survivor, in all honesty if you really think about it survivors haven't even had a "meta" perk since Dead Hard, the only two that might come close to being meta are Head On (which isn't used because it's good it's used because it annoys killers) and inner strength, which I don't even see that often.


    the game has only became easier for killers, it's just fact, the only things nerfed are Nurse, Billy & Spirit, and nurse is still the strongest kiler in the game, Spirit is still just a guessing game for survivors & billy is still fine as everyone has seen, when they nerf killers they keep them in the same spot basically.

  • @MeatBycicle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1532687#Comment_1532687

    But you want SWF to criticize and disrespect killers constantly as they are doing now? Got it.

    I would rather you not quote me. You’re comments towards me are never turned into discussions, but always just one sentence straight shot “I’m assuming this is what you’re saying, it’s in stone no matter what you say. Bye” interactions. Just don’t interact with me if you’re not down for a conversation, thanks.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1533516#Comment_1533516

    I would rather you not quote me. You’re comments towards me are never turned into discussions, but always just one sentence straight shot “I’m assuming this is what you’re saying, it’s in stone no matter what you say. Bye” interactions. Just don’t interact with me if you’re not down for a conversation, thanks.

    Because you blatantly defend SWF no matter the scenario and disregard everything when it comes to killer. You are incredibly biased in all your posts.

  • @MeatBycicle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1533868#Comment_1533868

    Because you blatantly defend SWF no matter the scenario and disregard everything when it comes to killer. You are incredibly biased in all your posts.

    And you’re not?


    Actually the last post you @‘d me and disappeared in was because I said one of the reasons dedicated servers were placed in the game was so when Killers dodged the lobby wouldn’t reset and send Survivors back to the match finding screen. You literally got all upset because you ASSUMED (once again) that I was blaming Killers for dedicated servers being placed into the game. You are clearly biased, yet you point fingers at me for being so.

    It would’ve been nice to engage in a discussion on why you felt it necessary to be so negative for no reason instead of just debating with me but of course, it’s cooler to be mean and follow the “I’m too good to talk to people” trends on the forums.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1533883#Comment_1533883

    And you’re not?

    Actually the last post you @‘d me and disappeared in was because I said one of the reasons dedicated servers were placed in the game was so when Killers dodged the lobby wouldn’t reset and send Survivors back to the match finding screen. You literally got all upset because you ASSUMED (once again) that I was blaming Killers for dedicated servers being placed into the game. You are clearly biased, yet you point fingers at me for being so.

    It would’ve been nice to engage in a discussion on why you felt it necessary to be so negative for no reason instead of just debating with me but of course, it’s cooler to be mean and follow the “I’m too good to talk to people” trends on the forums.

    To be honest I don't want to argue with you, that's not the point im trying to make. Also it's not just you, its just overall I see a lot of survivor mains who are in extreme favor of SWF acknowledge that it is unbalanced, but they don't care. They also don't want sweaty games themselves against certain killers, maps, moris or play styles etc. They only want killers to suffer and deal with it, but not the other way around.

  • @MeatBycicle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1533906#Comment_1533906

    To be honest I don't want to argue with you, that's not the point im trying to make. Also it's not just you, its just overall I see a lot of survivor mains who are in extreme favor of SWF acknowledge that it is unbalanced, but they don't care. They also don't want sweaty games themselves against certain killers, maps, moris or play styles etc. They only want killers to suffer and deal with it, but not the other way around.

    I can acknowledge that SWF is a hassle to deal with. As much as you may not believe it, I love playing with Freddy from time though I am indeed a Survivor main and I’ve gone against some pain in the behind survivors. I don’t always assume their SWF but I can guess that most are. It’s not fun sometimes, but when I said what I said above I was speaking out for all casual SWF groups including mine.


    Me and my friends aren’t pro loopers, in fact we’re altruistic idiots 99.9% of the match which results in us getting owned by a good Killer lol. You and I both know that if they unlocked the ability for Killers to see who’s in a SWF group, it would only cause dodging & more toxic behavior from the Killers side. Let’s think about the community we’re playing in and how toxic it is already. Do we want to add to that?


    Also to answer your previous question, hell no I don’t think it’s okay for Killers to be disrespected & criticized. I have a whole thread about me being bullied while playing Killer and screenshots of the harassment/the horrendous things the group said and did out of game that made me not want to be a Killer main. I’ll reference below:

    @Unicorn said:

    (Before you read this, just know this is a rant and I, just like you, have every right to voice how I feel and my opinion. I know not every Survivor is like this and I'm not generalizing us as a whole.)

    Playing DBD for as long as I've played, I have yet to receive hate mail or harassment from a Killer after a match being a Survivor main. Do I have bad games? Yes, all the time, but never do I ever feel as bad about a bad game as Survivor than I do about playing Killer.

    Last week I posted a topic about messages I received from a Survivor that was upset I camped with Bubba to complete a challenge. I got over it, even though the messages were super messed up and one of the worst things you can say to a person. But then I get on my YouTube last night and realized this person and his group of friends took the time out of their lives to search up my PSN ID on YouTube and find my channel.

    Not only did they dislike every video, but comments they left were so disgusting OVER ONE MATCH, ONE MATCH THAT I CAMPED ONE PERSON. The one time I actually decide, "Hey, I want to play Killer and get my challenges done even though I know I'm bad at it" I get harassed. Why do Killers proceed to get treated like garbage by the player base? How do Killer mains deal with the negativity when it comes to just doing their jobs? (which is to KILL). I've been camped, tunneled, tea bagged but Piggy/Ghostface, slapped while on the hook, ect but never have I ever went as far as messaging someone and talking trash to them or better yet, searching up their PSN ID to find them on other platforms to continues my hissy fit.

    Its a game. I never knew DBD was taken this serious to the point that people will go as far as to basically cyber bully someone over a match that went wrong. This is just a rant about my experience as Killer. I don't like the way they're treated and yes I get that tunneling and camping Killers are not fun to go against because this is a video game and video games are meant to be fun, but if you're a Survivor that decides to go out of your way to bully someone because of one bad match, shame on you. You give Survivors like me a bad name & are the majority of the reason why there is a divide between the two sides.

    (END RANT)


    to be quite frank, I’m not biased. I can relate to Killers issues and I’ve defended them countless amount of times, but when I disagree with something I’m gonna speak up and I welcome debates.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1533914#Comment_1533914

    I can acknowledge that SWF is a hassle to deal with. As much as you may not believe it, I love playing with Freddy from time though I am indeed a Survivor main and I’ve gone against some pain in the behind survivors. I don’t always assume their SWF but I can guess that most are. It’s not fun sometimes, but when I said what I said above I was speaking out for all casual SWF groups including mine.

    Me and my friends aren’t pro loopers, in fact we’re altruistic idiots 99.9% of the match which results in us getting owned by a good Killer lol. You and I both know that if they unlocked the ability for Killers to see who’s in a SWF group, it would only cause dodging & more toxic behavior from the Killers side. Let’s think about the community we’re playing in and how toxic it is already. Do we want to add to that?

    Also to answer your previous question, hell no I don’t think it’s okay for Killers to be disrespected & criticized. I have a whole thread about me being bullied while playing Killer and screenshots of the harassment/the horrendous things the group said and did out of game that made me not want to be a Killer main. I’ll reference below:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/126378/why-i-dont-play-killer-rant

    to be quite frank, I’m not biased. I can relate to Killers issues and I’ve defended them countless amount of times, but when I disagree with something I’m gonna speak up and I welcome debates.

    The issue that comes up then is why do killers have to be the ones to continue to suffer with this unbalance and whenever any solution is offered it's immediately shot down by SWF enthusiasts while they tell killers to suck it up, or they just want easy solo games for easy 4k?

    Since you are pro SWF what is a reasonable solution to you?

  • @MeatBycicle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1533950#Comment_1533950

    The issue that comes up then is why do killers have to be the ones to continue to suffer with this unbalance and whenever any solution is offered it's immediately shot down by SWF enthusiasts while they tell killers to suck it up, or they just want easy solo games for easy 4k?

    Since you are pro SWF what is a reasonable solution to you?

    Lol, me and my group are FARRRR from pro SWF as I mentioned in my previous post. We are just, there... that’s our title “there” xD


    But, I don’t really know what they can do to help Killers who struggle with SWF. As said above by plenty of people who like playing with their friends, taking SWF away will kill DBD. Most people bought this game because they had licensed characters or like me, because I wanted to play a co-op horror game with my friends.


    A possible solution: I play Overwatch as well. When you reach Master/Grandmaster in rank, you can only queue up with 2/1 friend. Once you’re in top 500 you can’t be in a group when queuing in. (The problem is that Overwatch is an esports game and DBD isn’t so I don’t know if this would fit in or be a reasonable system in DBD. Also, I have a strong feeling that if this is implemented into the game, it’d cause people to start throwing games to derank just so they can play with friends & most likely more smurf accounts)

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1533967#Comment_1533967

    Lol, me and my group are FARRRR from pro SWF as I mentioned in my previous post. We are just, there... that’s our title “there” xD

    But, I don’t really know what they can do to help Killers who struggle with SWF. As said above by plenty of people who like playing with their friends, taking SWF away will kill DBD. Most people bought this game because they had licensed characters or like me, because I wanted to play a co-op horror game with my friends.

    A possible solution: I play Overwatch as well. When you reach Master/Grandmaster in rank, you can only queue up with 2/1 friend. Once you’re in top 500 you can’t be in a group when queuing in. (The problem is that Overwatch is an esports game and DBD isn’t so I don’t know if this would fit in or be a reasonable system in DBD. Also, I have a strong feeling that if this is implemented into the game, it’d cause people to start throwing games to derank just so they can play with friends & most likely more smurf accounts)

    I meant pro as in "for" SWF btw haha.

  • There is only one way to resolve this, Players entering a Lobby as a Group are automatically in their own League Ranking, and thus only go against Killers that agree to go against SWF. It is unethical any other way because of the 5th Perk (Comms). I don't think we will have trouble getting Killers to take up the challenge as long as that Perk is balanced. For example, SWF might have to get one more Generator operative to power the Gates.

    Everyone playing Solo would not have their ID information visible until the end of the match, to prevent Comms. Simple as that. This "the sky is falling" mentality that ques will be terrible or it will kill DbD is a load of garbage. Nobody can know what it will do; that is just spin. It could just as easily speed ques up or keep them the same. What we do know is the problem of SWF is only accelerating the longer it goes on as the so-called "just playing for fun" Teams continue to hone their coordination.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1529896#Comment_1529896

    This does not help the lot of solo survs, who are having a rough time as well, and only punishes. Better to buff up the solos and then killers around that, reducing whatever advantages a group on comms has, real or imagined.

    Sorry to clarify only the SWF players are affected.

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    Title.

    If SWF aren't an issue, it wouldn't hurt to let killers and other solo players know they are playing with premade.

    Please no

    i play with my friends and play solo is bad and annoyng because everyone it just an imersive claudets and its boring to play alone


    everyone will jsut lobby dodge and will make the unplayable to play with my friends

  • @Zeus said:

    SWF isn't an issue for the devs..not the killers. Killers will start to dodge lobbies if they realize they are going to go against a SWF.

    so swf is an issue then

  • @Zeus said:

    SWF isn't an issue for the devs..not the killers. Killers will start to dodge lobbies if they realize they are going to go against a SWF.

    Sounds like SWF is an issue

1 2 3 ›