Billy lives.

His chainsaw almost never overheats anymore, and his recovery is faster. To all you Billy mains, rejoice.

Comments

  • Yeah, you have to mess up HEAVILY or just be trying to overheat the chainsaw for it to work. In normal gameplay, he's almost the same as before minus the add-ons.

  • @FilledPizza said:

    Yeah, you have to mess up HEAVILY or just be trying to overheat the chainsaw for it to work. In normal gameplay, he's almost the same as before minus the add-ons.

    All in all, they listened to the community. Nobody wanted his basekit nerfed besides unskilled survivors, and only his add-ons needed nerfs. His basekit is basically the same now.

  • I must agree, but I'm scared that the devs hear that the overheat mechanic doesn't do anything and they will "fix it".

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    I must agree, but I'm scared that the devs hear that the overheat mechanic doesn't do anything and they will "fix it".

    😬

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    I must agree, but I'm scared that the devs hear that the overheat mechanic doesn't do anything and they will "fix it".

    Be proud, you just jinxed it!

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    I must agree, but I'm scared that the devs hear that the overheat mechanic doesn't do anything and they will "fix it".

    I dont think they will. Maybe they will nerf the punctured muffler and air filter, but nothing beyond that.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    I must agree, but I'm scared that the devs hear that the overheat mechanic doesn't do anything and they will "fix it".

    Yeah but this time they will say there was a bug causing him to rarely overheat - then nerf him.

  • The only issue is his turning feels really off. Especially the flick.

  • Yeah, the reports of his death we’re premature.

  • Once again the people in this community exposed themselves as impatient and whiny. I knew Hillbilly would not go live in that messy state. He really does feel pretty much the exact same.

  • Wait, so who was in the casket at the funeral(s)?

  • @Peanits said:

    Wait, so who was in the casket at the funeral(s)?

    It was a fake! Billy faked his death and is back.

  • @Peanits said:

    Wait, so who was in the casket at the funeral(s)?

    All of the Billy players that went for high-skill curves (i.e. engraving billys).

  • @Peanits said:

    Wait, so who was in the casket at the funeral(s)?

    It was me. I died on my first hook with Kindred because solo queue team mates are terrible team mates ;(

  • @Peanits said:

    Wait, so who was in the casket at the funeral(s)?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE2kGsKMHuo

  • @Peanits said:

    Wait, so who was in the casket at the funeral(s)?

    Nurse

  • You can't kill the messiah!

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    I must agree, but I'm scared that the devs hear that the overheat mechanic doesn't do anything and they will "fix it".

    I would hope that would be the goal of having overheat is to prevent excessive saw use. Ideally the goal should be that experienced Billys should rarely ever overheat. The one thing overheat does punish is that Billys who camped with their saw out as they'll end up overheating giving survivors a chance to save.

  • @Peanits said:

    Wait, so who was in the casket at the funeral(s)?

    Legion.

  • ZomboMeme 28072020111347.jpg

    Good to see Billy thriving :)

  • @Peanits said:

    Wait, so who was in the casket at the funeral(s)?

    https://youtu.be/XwtYt8z2L1s?t=137


  • As always, people in this community tend to overreact with any new changes. However, I'm glad it was just an overreaction and Hillbilly will still be very viable.

  • This community? Overreacting? Never

  • @KingFrost said:

    This community? Overreacting? Never

    We reacted properly. They pulled back on the nerf HARD.

  • Exactly Mexican food of the radioactive variety.

  • @KingFrost said:

    This community? Overreacting? Never

    No no, it was a proper response. The devs were the ones overreacting and the community had to tell them how awful a change it was

  • @Peanits said:

    Wait, so who was in the casket at the funeral(s)?

    Nurse

    After all this time, still not bug fixes for her..

  • Sure, the reaction to the PTB was appropriate. The reaction to the live release was silly. Especially since most people hadn't played it yet.

  • @Peanits said:

    Wait, so who was in the casket at the funeral(s)?

    Probably my hopes and dreams

    can I get a f in the chat?

  • Hooray! Killer mains cried loud enough to reverse the nerf. So I guess he will just keep overperforming. Way to hold the line devs, you took weeks of abuse for a change that was long overdue only to scale it back to nothing in the end.

  • @darwinsbrain said:

    Hooray! Killer mains cried loud enough to reverse the nerf. So I guess he will just keep overperforming. Way to hold the line devs, you took weeks of abuse for a change that was long overdue only to scale it back to nothing in the end.

    Biggest problem was the addons, and as you can see they aren't exactly the best anymore. Quit crying and learn to loop.

  • @darwinsbrain said:

    Hooray! Killer mains cried loud enough to reverse the nerf. So I guess he will just keep overperforming. Way to hold the line devs, you took weeks of abuse for a change that was long overdue only to scale it back to nothing in the end.

    Even the best survivor mains like Ussylis hated it.

  • My Demodog is happy again for all the hillbilly mains



    now why the ######### his chase music doesn't have banjos in it is beyond me

  • The streamer you like hated it, well OK then, say no more.

  • @darwinsbrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1483140#Comment_1483140

    The streamer you like hated it, well OK then, say no more.

    I don't like him. Stop narrowing it down to killer mains only. SO many people on both sides hated this change, and only overskilled Billys or bad survivors liked it from my experience.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1483152#Comment_1483152

    I don't like him. Stop narrowing it down to killer mains only. SO many people on both sides hated this change, and only overskilled Billys or bad survivors liked it from my experience.

    Streamer and youtube idolization is dumb.

  • @Peanits said:

    Wait, so who was in the casket at the funeral(s)?

    Billy's sister, Milly.

  • @darwinsbrain said:

    Hooray! Killer mains cried loud enough to reverse the nerf. So I guess he will just keep overperforming. Way to hold the line devs, you took weeks of abuse for a change that was long overdue only to scale it back to nothing in the end.

    Lol exactly. I’ve been watching tru3 and Otz play him and that overheat might as well not exist considering it never comes into play despite them sprinting and instadowning constantly.

    The fact that they will ignore their own data for balance just to please a few whiny players is ridiculous.

  • @Peanits said:

    Wait, so who was in the casket at the funeral(s)?

    PTB Billy

  • @FilledPizza said:

    Yeah, you have to mess up HEAVILY or just be trying to overheat the chainsaw for it to work. In normal gameplay, he's almost the same as before minus the add-ons.

    Mother's Helpers and Black Grease still exist though.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1482816#Comment_1482816

    All in all, they listened to the community. Nobody wanted his basekit nerfed besides unskilled survivors, and only his add-ons needed nerfs. His basekit is basically the same now.

    Nah, his basekit needed a nerf and a downside for overusage. I mean, its an instadown with no downsides. Literally every instadown either has a requirement or a downside to it. Iri heads? -4 hatchets. Myers and Ghostface? Needing to stalk for quite some time, THEN start a chase. Which is a lot more time and effort than Billy had. NOED? survivors will need to ignore totems for all 5 gens. Last time I checked, survivors tend to do totems when there is 1 generator left because the totems have practically no pressure anymore. Haunted Grounds? Hex totem needs to be cleansed. Bubba? Well, if you bumped into something, you would be stunned for quite some time, Billy wouldnt even be stunned for half the amount that Bubba was.

    Literally every single instadown in the game had something that could be considered negative. Billy? Instadowns and easy map coverage. Downsides? He isnt even a 110% killer. If Billy were to be released today, he would have gotten an overheat mechanic and 110% movementspeed.

    As long as Billy's dont revv forever around a structure with bloodlust 2-3 without a punishment(yes, this was a thing), then he's alright.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    His chainsaw almost never overheats anymore, and his recovery is faster. To all you Billy mains, rejoice.

    The over heat is fine but the add ons suck. They are almost all worthless.