dc tech is back

every time there are 2 survivors to kill as soon as i am about to take down the last one, the friend makes DC and gives him the chance to win in a dirty way

this technique has come back stronger than ever and therefore the devs should put back the penalty

Comments

  • It was never taken out to begin with. I saw plenty of incidents of TACTICAL DISCONNECT, INCOMING!!!! even with the penalty.


    Untitled Image

    All they literally have to do is add DC bots or even "AFK stuck in dying state" husks like Mobile already has. Quitting should NEVER give you an advantage in any game, EVER!

  • its really not that common lol

  • I believe the devs are working as hard as they can to place the penalty back. Recently, there were intances where people were getting penalized without DCing, therefor they cannot place it back without fixing that first. I agree with you that that is a dirty tactic, and I hope the devs implement it back soon, as majority of my games are survivors DCing to give the other hatch, or just DCing to deny me points.

  • @Toybasher said:

    It was never taken out to begin with. I saw plenty of incidents of TACTICAL DISCONNECT, INCOMING!!!! even with the penalty.

    https://i.redd.it/444fabnf4zz31.png

    All they literally have to do is add DC bots or even "AFK stuck in dying state" husks like Mobile already has. Quitting should NEVER give you an advantage in any game, EVER!

    BHVR needed to fix this yesterday

  • This content has been removed.
  • yeah, this has happened to me too. usually they're swf that are too entitled to let their team be killed when they misplay.

    in my case, i had a solid three gen on a side of the map with no more pallets. i noticed the three gen early on and made sure to get rid of all pallets in the area by chasing survivors there. i worked for my kills, didn't tunnel or camp, everyone was on death hook. last two survivors refused to do gens since my three gen was in a straight line and hatch spawned right near it so i had no reason not to patrol the area. there was nothing for me anywhere else on the map. when i finally find the urban evading claud, she runs until i land a hit on her then she disconnects and her friend immediately leaves through the hatch, effectively denying me at least more kill. I didn't misplay, or play dirty, so it was a bit undeserved. she said they "made a bet" that whoever got found first would have to dc lol ok

    anyway, I don't think a dc penalty will help. it might, but most survivors will still dc anyway to help their friend and just take the penalty.

  • @Toybasher said:

    It was never taken out to begin with. I saw plenty of incidents of TACTICAL DISCONNECT, INCOMING!!!! even with the penalty.

    https://i.redd.it/444fabnf4zz31.png

    All they literally have to do is add DC bots or even "AFK stuck in dying state" husks like Mobile already has. Quitting should NEVER give you an advantage in any game, EVER!


    the survivors, in order not to let him do the 4/4 killer do everything

    pretty digusting

  • I only play a few matches a day and as of this weekend many had disconnectors. One killer did it, but it was mostly survivors. I had really hoped this era of DBD was over.

  • @Smeargle said:

    I believe the devs are working as hard as they can to place the penalty back. Recently, there were intances where people were getting penalized without DCing, therefor they cannot place it back without fixing that first. I agree with you that that is a dirty tactic, and I hope the devs implement it back soon, as majority of my games are survivors DCing to give the other hatch, or just DCing to deny me points.

    The problem is Tactical Disconnects are possible in the first place. Yes the survivor got penalized, but that's not going to give you your BBQ stack you rightfully earned or your bloody party streamers you burned (if the killer DC's) back.


    Not having a penalty but having harm-reduction in place (Player becomes a bot or AFK "husk") is better than it still being possible but punishing the player after the fact. Because even with the penalties entitled players will still do it.


    IMHO if you DC as a survivor, you should fall into Dying State as a "husk". You can be hooked and insta-sacrificed or Mori'd by the killer base-kit (Killer's preference. Don't like it? Shouldn't have DC'd!) unless you bleed out over the usual 4 minutes. You can't leave the lobby and are forced to spectate the husk until it is removed from play via bleedout, mori, or sacrifice. (You hit Leave Match so something came up IRL. Whatever it was, it'll probably take you longer than 4 minutes to sort out.)


    Disconnecting is not an escape. I think the amount of ragequits would lessen if survivors didn't see it as some kind of "draw" because apparently disconnecting means the killer didn't kill you. (Source: A few quitters I've asked.)


    Now not only does disconnecting mean the killer kills you, you get to watch.


    You could probably bypass this by pulling the plug or hard-closing the game (Genuine emergency then?) and the husk thing would still happen, just you're not forced to spectate it. Hey, this is a good thing since now it'll mostly affect people who press leave-match and then stick around to insult the killer in post-game-chat. I have a pet peeve for that.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    its really not that common lol

    4 dcs across 3 games in a row guess I'm unlucky. I'd love to see a stats page on dcs. i get some are for the sake of memeing around but when you screw your entire team at the start theres no excuse. You don't even need to ban people just give dc players a dunce cap. Or throw them in a dc queue. Make minor punishment or maybe have a good sportsman bp reward for just general good behavior. You don't need bans but you can encourage better play patterns.

  • @Toybasher said:

    It was never taken out to begin with. I saw plenty of incidents of TACTICAL DISCONNECT, INCOMING!!!! even with the penalty.

    https://i.redd.it/444fabnf4zz31.png

    All they literally have to do is add DC bots or even "AFK stuck in dying state" husks like Mobile already has. Quitting should NEVER give you an advantage in any game, EVER!

    Okay so it's okay to dc when a killer is slugging because it's absolutely annoying but it's okay to slug, camp or slug a player to death when you used all near hooks? Like, my team isn't toxic. But there are still many killers slugging and like I said. I got slugged to death because the killer knew he couldn't reach a hook. Unbreakable wouldn't help because the killer was standing in front of me. Tell me where this is fair thanks :)

  • @Sweet_Feng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480494#Comment_1480494

    Okay so it's okay to dc when a killer is slugging because it's absolutely annoying but it's okay to slug, camp or slug a player to death when you used all near hooks? Like, my team isn't toxic. But there are still many killers slugging and like I said. I got slugged to death because the killer knew he couldn't reach a hook. Unbreakable wouldn't help because the killer was standing in front of me. Tell me where this is fair thanks :)

    It's not ok. I can at least understand why someone would want to DC if you're being slugged for ages or repeatedly when the match is pretty much over (Other survivor heals you, you get re-slugged, etc.).


    THIS is what bothers me.


    https://clips.twitch.tv/GoldenSplendidBottleCmonBruh?tt_content=player_title&tt_medium=clips_embed https://youtu.be/fhst7apXVdM?t=628
    17 votes and 20 comments so far on Reddit
    603 votes and 250 comments so far on Reddit
    https://youtu.be/32cKgfLGq-8?t=584 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocfs3o2bWws

    (6:56)

    If you were really slugged during endgame, go get a drink, etc.


    Tactical Disconnects have literally no counter-play for the killer. If your body stayed in the match (As if you were stuck in dying state and went afk) all would be good. Instead the killer gets screwed out of points, perk procs, etc.

  • @Toybasher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480499#Comment_1480499

    The problem is Tactical Disconnects are possible in the first place. Yes the survivor got penalized, but that's not going to give you your BBQ stack you rightfully earned or your bloody party streamers you burned (if the killer DC's) back.

    Not having a penalty but having harm-reduction in place (Player becomes a bot or AFK "husk") is better than it still being possible but punishing the player after the fact. Because even with the penalties entitled players will still do it.

    IMHO if you DC as a survivor, you should fall into Dying State as a "husk". You can be hooked and insta-sacrificed or Mori'd by the killer base-kit (Killer's preference. Don't like it? Shouldn't have DC'd!) unless you bleed out over the usual 4 minutes. You can't leave the lobby and are forced to spectate the husk until it is removed from play via bleedout, mori, or sacrifice. (You hit Leave Match so something came up IRL. Whatever it was, it'll probably take you longer than 4 minutes to sort out.)

    Disconnecting is not an escape. I think the amount of ragequits would lessen if survivors didn't see it as some kind of "draw" because apparently disconnecting means the killer didn't kill you. (Source: A few quitters I've asked.)

    Now not only does disconnecting mean the killer kills you, you get to watch.

    You could probably bypass this by pulling the plug or hard-closing the game (Genuine emergency then?) and the husk thing would still happen, just you're not forced to spectate it. Hey, this is a good thing since now it'll mostly affect people who press leave-match and then stick around to insult the killer in post-game-chat. I have a pet peeve for that.

    Anyone who disconnects early shouldnt be allowed to queue for the rest of the matches duration + another 20 minutes once the math is finished. If someone quits like this there should be a really annoying rule in place that will make them not want to quit, or quit and stop playing for the day.

  • tbh if you already 3k'd and then you slug the last guy altho you have no clue where the other is just to find hatch then I'll DC too.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    its really not that common lol

    Couple times a day at least, and i dont slug for 4k. Ever

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    its really not that common lol

    This. 100%.

    When it happens once within a month, they freak out.

  • @rglarson13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480497#Comment_1480497

    Found the survivor main.

    Not even saying that in a derogatory way; if you play killer much at all, you'll notice people DC rather than get hooked about every three games (and usually more than one in that game).

    So calling someone a "survivor main" should instantly negate her/his entire discussion?

    What's the point of calling someone a "survivor main."

    ######### is your deal?

  • Yeah it happened to me 3 times today. Gotta love exploits.

  • Depends how you're playing as killer. Are you camping, tunneling everyone? Are you being annoying and slugging everyone? If I see those slugging try hard killers I won't spend 5 min on the ground waiting so the killer can force his 4k, so I dc myself. If it's 2 survivors and you down 1 and the other was close by and you know where he is then it's fine but majority leaves you on the ground searching minutes for the last survivor to force his 4k so smart ppl dc and you can search alone for another 5 min

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    its really not that common lol

    So what, that means that shouldn't be fixed? Killers taking game hostage by bodyblock weren't common either, but somehow this became a bannable issue and most places for bodyblock were fixed (Coldwind house, basement). Why do you think this should be an exception?

  • @RandomPlayer said:

    Depends how you're playing as killer. Are you camping, tunneling everyone? Are you being annoying and slugging everyone? If I see those slugging try hard killers I won't spend 5 min on the ground waiting so the killer can force his 4k, so I dc myself. If it's 2 survivors and you down 1 and the other was close by and you know where he is then it's fine but majority leaves you on the ground searching minutes for the last survivor to force his 4k so smart ppl dc and you can search alone for another 5 min

    Learn to take a fair loss, instead of quitting and using an exploit to get unfair disadvantage for the last survivor.

  • @rglarson13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480497#Comment_1480497

    Found the survivor main.

    Not even saying that in a derogatory way; if you play killer much at all, you'll notice people DC rather than get hooked about every three games (and usually more than one in that game).

    I play survivor in the day and killer at night with short queues, it is VERY rare for someone to DC for hatch

    but nice attempt to discredit me

    @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480497#Comment_1480497

    Couple times a day at least, and i dont slug for 4k. Ever

    @Justalittlepeeck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480497#Comment_1480497

    So what, that means that shouldn't be fixed? Killers taking game hostage by bodyblock weren't common either, but somehow this became a bannable issue and most places for bodyblock were fixed (Coldwind house, basement). Why do you think this should be an exception?

    Please direct me to where I stated it shouldn't be fixed, seriously, the amount of straw-manning on these forums is annoying. I'm simply more concerned with the MMR system and am worried for how bad it could be, I would rather them fix the mountain of bugs first, I would prefer if they reworked some of the God-awful maps.

    I don't care if someone DCs for their friend to get Hatch, i consider it a win and forget about 2min later when I'm in queue

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480780#Comment_1480780

    I play survivor in the day and killer at night with short queues, it is VERY rare for someone to DC for hatch

    but nice attempt to discredit me

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480723#Comment_1480723

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480887#Comment_1480887

    Please direct me to where I stated it shouldn't be fixed, seriously, the amount of straw-manning on these forums is annoying. I'm simply more concerned with the MMR system and am worried for how bad it could be, I would rather them fix the mountain of bugs first, I would prefer if they reworked some of the God-awful maps.

    I don't care if someone DCs for their friend to get Hatch, i consider it a win and forget about 2min later when I'm in queue

    I didnt say that you said that. Nice strawman you built there.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480940#Comment_1480940

    I didnt say that you said that. Nice strawman you built there.

    Please read both of the quotes and see if you can tell who I'm referring to

    these forums are possibly worse than WoW Forums, I cant tell anymore

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480872#Comment_1480872

    Learn to take a fair loss, instead of quitting and using an exploit to get unfair disadvantage for the last survivor.

    Fair loss? Fair loss is when he wins normally not leaving survivors for minutes on the ground to get a forced 4k. If you can't win normally without losing 5 gens then fuckoff with the slugging, noed and mori. I'm the 1st to dc as soon as I see someone get moried or those slugging camping killers. By the time he picks me up I'm already in a new match.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480949#Comment_1480949

    Please read both of the quotes and see if you can tell who I'm referring to

    these forums are possibly worse than WoW Forums, I cant tell anymore

    You quoted both of us at the same time and responded to both the same way. How am I supposed to know youre not talking to me?

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480953#Comment_1480953

    You quoted both of us at the same time and responded to both the same way. How am I supposed to know youre not talking to me?

    Its a secret technique I learned in Kindergarten; Reading

    then theres the Reddit technique, getting mad at something without reading it

    lmao

  • I think the reason the devs haven't done anything about Hatch DCs is because they're waiting until the husk system is ready. They should do something for it now (like delay the Hatch opening when the third Survivor DCs or something like that) because it's really dumb when it happens.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480964#Comment_1480964

    Its a secret technique I learned in Kindergarten; Reading

    then theres the Reddit technique, getting mad at something without reading it

    lmao

    Who said I was mad 😂

  • D/C'ing is not okay under any circumstance, unless you have an emergency. I myself have only EVER disconnected in one game (League of Legends), and that was because my grandmother went to the hospital. Looking forward to them fixing the issue and getting the penalties back up and running.

    I would say that it's surprising that people are actually defending D/Cs because of "slugging, tunneling and camping", but it's the internet--entitlement is everywhere.

    "I don't want to have to play through this CS:GO match when my teammates are bad, why do I get banned for disconnecting?!! This is unfair! I have the right to not have to sit through a game that isn't going my way!" 😛

  • @Sweet_Feng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480494#Comment_1480494

    Okay so it's okay to dc when a killer is slugging because it's absolutely annoying but it's okay to slug, camp or slug a player to death when you used all near hooks? Like, my team isn't toxic. But there are still many killers slugging and like I said. I got slugged to death because the killer knew he couldn't reach a hook. Unbreakable wouldn't help because the killer was standing in front of me. Tell me where this is fair thanks :)

    Slugging is a tactic. Especially when there's only 2 left. Some builds revolve around slugging. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Entitled survivors cry about it.

  • @ImighthaveDS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480663#Comment_1480663

    Slugging is a tactic. Especially when there's only 2 left. Some builds revolve around slugging. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Entitled survivors cry about it.

    Its perfectly fine to play with 3 other friends who all happen to be good at the game WITHOUT being a 4 man sweat depip squad.

    But killers like to cry about it


    See, I can play that game too

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480780#Comment_1480780

    I play survivor in the day and killer at night with short queues, it is VERY rare for someone to DC for hatch

    but nice attempt to discredit me

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480723#Comment_1480723

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480887#Comment_1480887

    Please direct me to where I stated it shouldn't be fixed, seriously, the amount of straw-manning on these forums is annoying. I'm simply more concerned with the MMR system and am worried for how bad it could be, I would rather them fix the mountain of bugs first, I would prefer if they reworked some of the God-awful maps.

    I don't care if someone DCs for their friend to get Hatch, i consider it a win and forget about 2min later when I'm in queue

    so is a DC a good mmr raising point or a bad mmr lowering point for the killer? DC's can exploit the mmr system more than a clear text log on everyone's pc that has the clothing of the killer which is not shared with any other killer (or the clear text of the killer's ID #!). I'd rather face a group of survivors prepped with calm spirit and iron will 3 than people that will DC and make a mockery of the mmr system. what's the next DC TECH? "How to make a killer face harder opponents and allow you to face easier killers at the same time!" (yes same goes for KILLER DC's and it's even worse there because that affects 4 people). You know what? I'd rather them take the option to DC out 100% and solve this issue, and say any disconnect results in a 24 hour time out no matter the reason, consecutive dc's in an unspecified time will increase the time by doubling it each time. This was instituted because of the abuse of the disconnect option in place to prevent matches from going on forever due to a bug.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    I think the reason the devs haven't done anything about Hatch DCs is because they're waiting until the husk system is ready. They should do something for it now (like delay the Hatch opening when the third Survivor DCs or something like that) because it's really dumb when it happens.

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/128/LZA4TNB7FCXS.png

    We are back with our third Developer Update, a blogpost which focuses on some of the most frequently discussed issues and the steps we are taking to resolve them, upcoming features, and general improvements coming to the game. As we have done previously, we’ll be revisiting our topics from the previous Developer Update and share our progress before jumping into new topics.

    UPDATE ON PREVIOUS TOPICS

    The Nightmare Rework

    We have revealed new details about Freddy through the Third Anniversary livestream as well as a follow up stream this past Thursday. If you missed either of these streams, you can find the archived versions linked below.

    Our team has been hard at work tweaking and polishing Freddy since our last Developer Update, and we are almost ready to share a playable version with you. The Nightmare rework will be available for testing in the Player Test Build on Tuesday, July 9th along with the other changes in the mid-chapter update, including the Springwood map rework.

    Third Anniversary Livestream: https://youtu.be/JyWcUp8RcSE?t=1840

    Freddy Rework Livestream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/448233426

    Matchmaking

    Since the launch of the new matchmaking algorithm, we have seen far fewer reports of excessively long queues times. While we are happy with the results so far, we are continuing to investigate the remaining edge cases. The matchmaking system remains a priority for us and we will keep iterating on it until we are satisfied with the results.

    Following the 3.0.0 update, many people experienced longer than normal Killer queue times. In short, the longer queue times were caused by an abnormally large number of players playing as Killer, resulting in not enough Survivors to fill their lobbies. While queue times are expected to be longer when a new chapter launches, it seems to be exacerbated when a Killer is not accompanied by a Survivor. Additionally, the Bloodhunt and subsequent Anniversary Celebration appears to have caused more people to switch sides to maximize their bloodpoint earning. We will keep these factors in mind as we move forward, but we will also be making changes to the Survivor bloodpoint scoring to help alleviate this issue in the future. More details surrounding the scoring changes can be found below.

    In a future update, Survive With Friends groups will begin being matched based on the average rank of the group. This will give us better control over matchmaking and provide a more consistent experience regardless of who created the group.

    Hitboxes and Hit Registration

    When a Killer attacks, the game checks a cone shaped area in front of them to determine if they hit or missed a Survivor. If a Survivor is inside this area while the Killer swings their weapon, the game will register the attack as a hit.

    All Killers share the same attack cone in order to maintain consistency; this ensures that your regular attacks feel the same no matter which Killer you play. From the Survivor’s perspective, this could cause some attacks to appear like they should not have hit even though the conditions were met. A Killer with a smaller weapon (such as the Hag) would have the same reach as a Killer with a large weapon (such as the Trapper). In the 3.0.0 update, we reviewed the attack animations for all Killers and modified them to match the attack cone.

    This is our first step towards resolving hit registration issues; basic attacks should now more accurately reflect the size of the cone. Following this change, we will be targeting desynchronization issues. As mentioned previously, migrating to dedicated servers will give up better tools to handle desynchronization, reducing the edge cases where the Killer and Survivor feel too far apart for the hit to connect.

    New Topics

    Disconnection handling

    With the current peer to peer system, all players are connected directly to one another. This can make it difficult to determine why someone lost connection. There are various issues that could happen between the host (the Killer) and a Survivor, causing the Survivor to lose connection. Determining who is at fault can prove very challenging on a peer to peer system since the issue could be the result of either player’s connection.

    Following the migration to dedicated servers, we will be better able to detect who is at fault and handle the situation accordingly. Since all players are connected to a server rather than directly to one another, if one player experiences a connection issue, we can be sure that the connection issue lies between them and the server.

    This also gives us an opportunity to strengthen the way we handle disconnections. Survivors who disconnect from a match will leave a “husk” behind. The Killer can then hook and sacrifice this husk to receive the points- and perk tokens where applicable- that they would have earned had the Survivor continued playing. Additionally, the other Survivors in the match will receive a quitter bonus to compensate for losing a teammate. Should a Killer disconnect, the match will immediately end, and the remaining Survivors will receive emblem points assuming they had healed and escaped the trial, keeping any items and add-ons they have equipped. Any offerings used will be refunded if the match is cancelled shortly after starting.

    Following dedicated servers, we will shift our focus to a new system to punish disconnects. This new system will feature a growing “lock-out” timer for each time a player disconnects from a match, preventing them from re-queuing until their timer expires. Survive With Friends groups including a player who is currently locked-out will be unable to queue until the lock-out timers for all Survivors in the lobby have expired. The length of the timer gradually decreases so long as the player does not disconnect from additional matches.

    While we are aiming to have this new system launch at the same time as dedicated servers, we may need to hold off until the following mid-chapter patch. We will keep you posted on our progress as soon as we have more info to share. For the time being, we will continue punishing excessive disconnectors using our existing system.

    Bloodpoint Scoring Changes

    One of the most consistently discussed topics throughout the years has been bloodpoint scoring and progression. Over the coming updates, we will be introducing a variety of changes to bloodpoint scoring.

    We will be reviewing scoring for the Survivor side in order to bridge the gap between Survivor and Killer bloodpoint earnings. New scoring events will be added for wiggling while being carried by the Killer and for healing other Survivors with a medkit, creating new opportunities to earn bloodpoints. Survivors will also be rewarded with survival points based on how long they survive in the match. Various existing scoring events will also be revisited and tweaked to provide a more rewarding experience, including an increase to the amount of points awarded for cleansing totems. These changes will offer players more freedom to play whichever side they like without impacting their bloodpoint earnings. We will be monitoring the impact they have and continue to make changes if necessary.

    This concludes the third edition of our Developer Update. We have a lot of big changes on the way and are working hard to get them in your hands as soon as possible. Hopefully we were able to address some of your top concerns, and we look forward to reading your feedback. As always, we’ll do our best to keep you posted. Until next time…

    The Dead by Daylight team


    It's literally been an entire year since they announced it and nothing has happened.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mquQq7wUWL4


    Mobile added it literally a month after release.

  • Your definition of a tech is way too big.

  • @RandomPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480892#Comment_1480892

    Fair loss? Fair loss is when he wins normally not leaving survivors for minutes on the ground to get a forced 4k. If you can't win normally without losing 5 gens then fuckoff with the slugging, noed and mori. I'm the 1st to dc as soon as I see someone get moried or those slugging camping killers. By the time he picks me up I'm already in a new match.

    Fair loss is when your opponent didn't use any illegal ######### like dc tech we are talking about, cheats etc. Just because you don't like how killer plays, it doesn't mean killer is playing unfair, quit with that bs, thanks.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480497#Comment_1480497

    This. 100%.

    When it happens once within a month, they freak out.

    There has been a definite uptick of DCs in the past couple days, and I'm on console and this is happening. Maybe you got lucky or I got unlucky, but the tactic is definitely making a resurgence ever since the dc penalty got removed.

  • @RandomPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480892#Comment_1480892

    Fair loss? Fair loss is when he wins normally not leaving survivors for minutes on the ground to get a forced 4k. If you can't win normally without losing 5 gens then fuckoff with the slugging, noed and mori. I'm the 1st to dc as soon as I see someone get moried or those slugging camping killers. By the time he picks me up I'm already in a new match.

    The goal of the killer is to get a 4k. Well, primary goal is to stop gens, but the overall goal is to get a 4k if possible. If there is a tactic to stop a single person from escaping via an in game mechanic, then the killer has the right to use that tactic. A person dcing may be a counter to that, but it is one the killer cannot predict or prepare for. It denies points they have worked for. Do you not see the problem with this?

  • In almost every video I see where this happens, I don't blame the survivors. The Killer is slugging to go look for the hatch or to go look for the other Survivor. When I play killer, I'm not so obsessed with getting the fourth person. If they're lucky and find the hatch, good for them. The issue is that some people are so determined to kill all four people at any expense including potentially ruining the experience for the second to last Survivor. And I understand sometimes you need to kill all four people for a challenge, and for that I simply bring an Ebony!

  • @Nicholas said:

    In almost every video I see where this happens, I don't blame the survivors. The Killer is slugging to go look for the hatch or to go look for the other Survivor. When I play killer, I'm not so obsessed with getting the fourth person. If they're lucky and find the hatch, good for them. The issue is that some people are so determined to kill all four people at any expense including potentially ruining the experience for the second to last Survivor. And I understand sometimes you need to kill all four people for a challenge, and for that I simply bring an Ebony!

    And if you bring a more you get maybe 1 to 3 DC after the first kill.

    To DC simply because you don't like how the game is going even if all those scummy and boeing tactics are built into the game.

    The DC or rage quit is simply being a small minded child that can't take something not going it's way.

    Try that too many times with friends instead of strangers and you suddenly won't get game invites anymore.

    This is meant for random DC because someone didn't like the map/killer/mori/killer tactic. Not the DC hatch tech.

  • You know what would fix the hatch tech? Hatch doesn't open when a person disconnects. Takes a full minute to open after it's down to one survivor if it's due to a disconnect.

    To make it fair point wise, give all the other players a BP bonus and lower the safety pip requirement for that match. (Pip up remains the same.)

  • If you disconnect on the regular, the matchmaking should put a flag on your account that makes sure you're paired with an ebony mori if a lobby with one is available. The more you disconnect, the longer this flag lasts.

  • @ImighthaveDS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480663#Comment_1480663

    Slugging is a tactic. Especially when there's only 2 left. Some builds revolve around slugging. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Entitled survivors cry about it.

    Agreed.

    Slugging is a game mechanic where by a killer hits you and you enter the dying status slowly bleeding out, helpless as the killer looks on or leaves to hunt another victim.

    DCing isn't a game mechanic and adds nothing to gameplay either tactically (hatch dc isn't a tactic it's a loophole) or as a role-playing/immersion scenario. Although sometimes as players we do have to accept that a certain amount of DCing will be a genuine loss of connection (power outages and the like)

    I don't really main a role, I started playing this game because of my love of horror movies.

    I accept a killer should seem op and sometime feel like they come out of nowhere, as for a large part you are dealing with supernatural entities, and that there will be games I'm out of in seconds and killers that will ensure I die by face camping, slugging or moriing me. I also accept that sometimes a survivor is going to "magically" get away from me and escape, using ds, dh, a key, a flashlight or finding the hatch, body block, pallet blind and other allegedly "scummy tactics". Also I expect either role to run meta perks/builds if they have them, why wouldn't you if you set to to win?

    You should feel helpless and on edge as a survivor, wondering where, where and how a killer will strike and as a killer you are supposed to feel the frustration of the escapes! If you go into a game understanding what it is trying to simulate you generally have a better time.

    I don't think a killer or survivor vanishing from the game world is a design choice. It's simply an unavoidable consequence of online play and using a complaint about anything within the confines of gameplay mechanics or tactics as an excuse to disconnect it just foolish.

  • Just an abusive tech. Will most likely extinct after DC penalties come back.

  • @ImighthaveDS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480663#Comment_1480663

    Slugging is a tactic. Especially when there's only 2 left. Some builds revolve around slugging. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Entitled survivors cry about it.

    Well, I only see killers crying here :D

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480962#Comment_1480962

    The goal of the killer is to get a 4k. Well, primary goal is to stop gens, but the overall goal is to get a 4k if possible. If there is a tactic to stop a single person from escaping via an in game mechanic, then the killer has the right to use that tactic. A person dcing may be a counter to that, but it is one the killer cannot predict or prepare for. It denies points they have worked for. Do you not see the problem with this?

    The overall goal for all of us is to have fun. If you only want to 4k everygame, then find friends and play with them, or find killers from a very big european country and play as surv with them and then come here and tell us than camper/tunellers are ok

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    its really not that common lol

    Depends on how often you play killer lol

    I never had this happen against in over 10 months before the event. From the second week of the event to the end of the event I had 5 people do this on me. Always me slugging for the 4k and someone dcs once their friend is near the hatch.

    I played the game at least 7/8 games a day at that time. Now I'm not playing anywhere near as often so I haven't seen it in a few weeks.

  • @Toybasher said:

    It was never taken out to begin with. I saw plenty of incidents of TACTICAL DISCONNECT, INCOMING!!!! even with the penalty.

    https://i.redd.it/444fabnf4zz31.png

    All they literally have to do is add DC bots or even "AFK stuck in dying state" husks like Mobile already has. Quitting should NEVER give you an advantage in any game, EVER!

    The game definitely needs bots / husks to replace players who DC / lose connection.

‹ 1 2