Why I think Springtrap would be a great addition to this game

Hey guys its Dabih and I wanted to talk about a subject I wanted to talk about but didn't have the courage to mostly because of what this subject is. And that is Springtrap being in DBD, I know how controversial this is, and how many people hate the idea. But this is something I wanted to get off my shoulders and talk about. So to begin why I think he would be a great addition is because he is a memorable and iconic character in the horror genre, and the Fnaf game is a very memorable, popular, and important pinnacle of the horror franchise. And the fact that the game is painted to some as a kids game is kinda sad to me, the thing is that Fnaf is considered this because of its audience. When it came out it was never intended to be for a younger audience but during the time it was released it was difficult to control what you could watch on Youtube and I think you know the rest of the story. But by then the damage was done and Scott Cawthon couldn't really do anything( meaning: make it more graphic and violent, or swearing/ basically anything to make the game rated M) about it when a great majority of fans of the game were young


I say Fnaf is a pinnacle of horror for its jump scares, all of those who played the original 4 know what I'm talking about there was a level of fear that was within Fnaf that made it very uncomfortable to play, it was just the tone it had. I think it was a smart to create something that we usually would love and make it into something terrifying works greatly and at times you felt utterly helpless also that heightened the fear within the games. The Jumpscares are terrifying for the fact it was right in front in your face made it all the more scary and were unsuspecting. I think the franchise has made its mark in the history of horror.

Now here is a personal level for me why I would love to see Spring trap in the game. When I was growing up in school i would here people talk about a game called Five Nights at Freddys, I was curious and looked it up and to my surprise it was popular seriously back then if you looked up fnaf you would see tons of youtube videos with theories and gameplay, I mean this was the crave back then and still is today(to some degree). A group in my school who were big fans of the franchise had a little get together at times, I was social outcast and me being a fan of the game and actually connecting with people that enjoyed what I enjoyed made me feel accepted. I joined the group and I became happier and more self esteem, we had many great discussions sharing our experiences of the game, they were fun. Overtime I felt better about myself and I didn't consider myself an outcast anymore, in a way FNAF has changed my life for the long run. Even when it became more kid friendly at times I reminded myself this is a game I will stick with for a long long time, because it really was a dark and twisted series. After a while my love for the franchise died slightly, and this when I got into dbd and when I heard someone started a petition to get Springtrap in the game I was down for it immediately. I really want this to be in the game because fnaf was the first ever horror series I actually got into, I mean this was my childhood, this game made me into a huge fan of horror and introduced me to a genre I truly love, and I thank the game for that, it would make me and some other people happy to see the game that cemented my love for horror in general into dbd, and honestly I think if it were ever to come to the game it will show what Fnaf could've been, a darker more gruesome tone than what was given. Thank you that is all I have to say and I know I'm digging my grave but that's okay, I'm willing to admit that I am someone who supports this.

Comments

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    Notice how many people who support FnaF are respecting or at least acting like they respect the opinion against FnaF and all their arguments are against stereotypes and negative bias people have and they just generally act like adults, while most people who don't support FnaF in DbD are acting aggressive, using their subjective and significantly incomplete knowledge about the game and act like entitled elitistic kids. Lmao

    Please go see older fnaf threads and see how mature people there were "defending" fnaf. :)

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473806#Comment_1473806

    Scary Stories is still considered a kids book though, the publisher and editor (author had died) during that fought back saying they were appropriate for kids. It's why they're still in elementary school book fairs and kids sections of book stores.

    Fnaf is already available in elementary schools at the scholastic book fairs - it's where my nephew got his first one. School library I can't vouch for only because my nephew avoided his since he didn't like the librarian. I'd think by now the parents groups that jump at any chance to push censorship for kids would've said something about the books being in kids section instead of teen/young adult in book stores or being in elementary school book fairs but they've been quiet. Until it's moved out of kids section/elementary school book fairs it's going to continue being considered a kids book like Scary Stories.

    huh I did not know that, cool

  • @Dabihwow said:

    Hey guys its Dabih and I wanted to talk about a subject I wanted to talk about but didn't have the courage to mostly because of what this subject is. And that is Springtrap being in DBD, I know how controversial this is, and how many people hate the idea. But this is something I wanted to get off my shoulders and talk about. So to begin why I think he would be a great addition is because he is a memorable and iconic character in the horror genre, and the Fnaf game is a very memorable, popular, and important pinnacle of the horror franchise. And the fact that the game is painted to some as a kids game is kinda sad to me, the thing is that Fnaf is considered this because of its audience. When it came out it was never intended to be for a younger audience but during the time it was released it was difficult to control what you could watch on Youtube and I think you know the rest of the story. But by then the damage was done and Scott Cawthon couldn't really do anything( meaning: make it more graphic and violent, or swearing/ basically anything to make the game rated M) about it when a great majority of fans of the game were young

    I say Fnaf is a pinnacle of horror for its jump scares, all of those who played the original 4 know what I'm talking about there was a level of fear that was within Fnaf that made it very uncomfortable to play, it was just the tone it had. I think it was a smart to create something that we usually would love and make it into something terrifying works greatly and at times you felt utterly helpless also that heightened the fear within the games. The Jumpscares are terrifying for the fact it was right in front in your face made it all the more scary and were unsuspecting. I think the franchise has made its mark in the history of horror.

    Now here is a personal level for me why I would love to see Spring trap in the game. When I was growing up in school i would here people talk about a game called Five Nights at Freddys, I was curious and looked it up and to my surprise it was popular seriously back then if you looked up fnaf you would see tons of youtube videos with theories and gameplay, I mean this was the crave back then and still is today(to some degree). A group in my school who were big fans of the franchise had a little get together at times, I was social outcast and me being a fan of the game and actually connecting with people that enjoyed what I enjoyed made me feel accepted. I joined the group and I became happier and more self esteem, we had many great discussions sharing our experiences of the game, they were fun. Overtime I felt better about myself and I didn't consider myself an outcast anymore, in a way FNAF has changed my life for the long run. Even when it became more kid friendly at times I reminded myself this is a game I will stick with for a long long time, because it really was a dark and twisted series. After a while my love for the franchise died slightly, and this when I got into dbd and when I heard someone started a petition to get Springtrap in the game I was down for it immediately. I really want this to be in the game because fnaf was the first ever horror series I actually got into, I mean this was my childhood, this game made me into a huge fan of horror and introduced me to a genre I truly love, and I thank the game for that, it would make me and some other people happy to see the game that cemented my love for horror in general into dbd, and honestly I think if it were ever to come to the game it will show what Fnaf could've been, a darker more gruesome tone than what was given. Thank you that is all I have to say and I know I'm digging my grave but that's okay, I'm willing to admit that I am someone who supports this.

    Dude, you literally call FnaF the "pinnacle of horror" and for jump scares no less...


    I'm not even going to shot on the idea, been there done it, but you cannot possibly believe that can you? You literally disrespect almost every horror themed director, writer, and game designer ever with a statement like that, and from that point on I believe you lost just about anyone with good taste. So I just wanted to point that out, I feel a bit sympathetic towards your desire even if I don't think it's a good idea at all, bit saying things like that will just turn folks against you, especially in a horror themed games forum... With ties to SH of all properties.


  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174583/why-i-think-springtrap-would-be-a-great-addition-to-this-game

    Dude, you literally call FnaF the "pinnacle of horror" and for jump scares no less...

    I'm not even going to shot on the idea, been there done it, but you cannot possibly believe that can you? You literally disrespect almost every horror themed director, writer, and game designer ever with a statement like that, and from that point on I believe you lost just about anyone with good taste. So I just wanted to point that out, I feel a bit sympathetic towards your desire even if I don't think it's a good idea at all, bit saying things like that will just turn folks against you, especially in a horror themed games forum... With ties to SH of all properties.

    The point was trying to make was that when I call a pinnacle of horror is that its memorable, this something peoples heard about, that's what I mean when I call it a Pinnacle of horror, I am sorry if I said it in a way you don't agree with, or made you cringe, I just think Fnaf was a very huge and memorable point in the horror genre it created something that hasn't truly been seen before in horror in which we as kids back then absolutely adored like Chuckee cheese, when I first saw played it I just felt uncomfortable to be around people in mascots, or let alone Chuckee cheese, anyway if it makes you feel better one franchise that is a huge deal in horror genre was Outlast but I'll cover that in another topic

  • i would say its not possible but springtrap in DBD would be wierd in my opinion why cuz FNAF its only a jumpscare game compare to DBD youll always see springtrap and that would ruin the character itself

  • @Tru3Lemon said:

    i would say its not possible but springtrap in DBD would be wierd in my opinion why cuz FNAF its only a jumpscare game compare to DBD youll always see springtrap and that would ruin the character itself

    You know I never considered that but I mean the series means a lot to me, I mean Fnaf made me fall in love with the horror genre and I get why it would be wierd then again we have had some interesting additions before. Also, are you Tru3ta1ent, like the real Tru3ta1ent?

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474976#Comment_1474976

    You know I never considered that but I mean the series means a lot to me, I mean Fnaf made me fall in love with the horror genre and I get why it would be wierd then again we have had some interesting additions before. Also, are you Tru3ta1ent, like the real Tru3ta1ent?

    no im not ppl consider me as a fan of him or something but even tho i dont know whos that person. ppl enjoy fnaf i do cuz of the jumpscare and stuff but thats it fnaf its a jumpcare game you dont know what will happend but since dbd its a survival horror game its a huge different the only 1 thing that could work its the purple man as a killer thats it

  • @Tru3Lemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474987#Comment_1474987

    no im not ppl consider me as a fan of him or something but even tho i dont know whos that person. ppl enjoy fnaf i do cuz of the jumpscare and stuff but thats it fnaf its a jumpcare game you dont know what will happend but since dbd its a survival horror game its a huge different the only 1 thing that could work its the purple man as a killer thats it

    Um Springtrap is the purple man, you see when he destroyed the other animatronics, the souls of the kids he murdered corned him and he fled inside the spring bonnie suit which triggered the spring locks within supposedly killing him,

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474947#Comment_1474947

    The point was trying to make was that when I call a pinnacle of horror is that its memorable, this something peoples heard about, that's what I mean when I call it a Pinnacle of horror, I am sorry if I said it in a way you don't agree with, or made you cringe, I just think Fnaf was a very huge and memorable point in the horror genre it created something that hasn't truly been seen before in horror in which we as kids back then absolutely adored like Chuckee cheese, when I first saw played it I just felt uncomfortable to be around people in mascots, or let alone Chuckee cheese, anyway if it makes you feel better one franchise that is a huge deal in horror genre was Outlast but I'll cover that in another topic

    See, this is a problem with perspective and that's fine. I now understand what you were trying to say, but calling something a pinnacle implies it is the shining example of the genre. And for seasoned fans of horror, it just isn't, but again this is perspective based.


    The best way I could put it is the Shinning effect... Anyone who watched that movie back when it came out, and even probably up to a decade or so later considered it one of the greatest horror films ever. As a child I was often horrified by even tomb raider and games of the such, but my biggest game back then, and the game that literally started my fascination with horror, was a little known game made by a fairly big developer at the time, Shivers.


    If you looked up a walkthrough of that game now, you would probably laugh, but that ######### was the scariest game in the world to my 5-8 year old self. A few years latter as I get more and more into watching horror movies, playing games like phantasmagoria and resident evil/silent hill, I was told by my mom I need to see this older movie called the Shinning, as it was "the scariest movie ever"


    So we went to Hollywood videos, picked up the movie and I think I also rented DMC, not sure.. anyway, I eagerly tool the video to the bedroom where I could watch it with my brother and get terrified while preparing him for the torment I would unleash on him from this new material (as brothers do) and it... Just seemed SOOooo boring.


    Like it felt like nothing was happening for the whole first hour really, and I was a kid, so you can imagine I expected some more consistent action, but the typewriter scenes just didn't click, the twins in the hall thing fell super flat for me because it was such a cliche at this point from my perspective, and basically nothing felt as explosive as I thought it should at the time.


    Now of course, over time you realize what the story was going for, why it was supposed to be scary, etc as well as the context of was made in that can't really be duplicated. Horror fans were way to jaded to go back to that, and horror video games didn't really exist when it was made, so of course I would be pretty desensitized. Also, this applied to the exorcist as well.


    And now I think you can see where I'm going with this.. FnAF was your "Shivers". It was a horror game that introduced you to the concept with a bang. It's funny, because I'm alot of ways , Shivers is very similar to FnaF, except it's in a museum setting and the spirits posses random items made from specific elements, rather than animatronics. And even as cheesy as it seems looking back (and it was even then considered decidedly cheesy, for some good reason) it still holds a special place in my heart. I even revisit the game Evey few years just for the hell of it, although I see that becoming increasingly difficult over time.

    Edit; sorry for long post, if you need a TlDr let me know

  • @Dabihwow said:

    Hey guys its Dabih and I wanted to talk about a subject I wanted to talk about but didn't have the courage to mostly because of what this subject is. And that is Springtrap being in DBD, I know how controversial this is, and how many people hate the idea. But this is something I wanted to get off my shoulders and talk about. So to begin why I think he would be a great addition is because he is a memorable and iconic character in the horror genre, and the Fnaf game is a very memorable, popular, and important pinnacle of the horror franchise. And the fact that the game is painted to some as a kids game is kinda sad to me, the thing is that Fnaf is considered this because of its audience. When it came out it was never intended to be for a younger audience but during the time it was released it was difficult to control what you could watch on Youtube and I think you know the rest of the story. But by then the damage was done and Scott Cawthon couldn't really do anything( meaning: make it more graphic and violent, or swearing/ basically anything to make the game rated M) about it when a great majority of fans of the game were young

    I say Fnaf is a pinnacle of horror for its jump scares, all of those who played the original 4 know what I'm talking about there was a level of fear that was within Fnaf that made it very uncomfortable to play, it was just the tone it had. I think it was a smart to create something that we usually would love and make it into something terrifying works greatly and at times you felt utterly helpless also that heightened the fear within the games. The Jumpscares are terrifying for the fact it was right in front in your face made it all the more scary and were unsuspecting. I think the franchise has made its mark in the history of horror.

    Now here is a personal level for me why I would love to see Spring trap in the game. When I was growing up in school i would here people talk about a game called Five Nights at Freddys, I was curious and looked it up and to my surprise it was popular seriously back then if you looked up fnaf you would see tons of youtube videos with theories and gameplay, I mean this was the crave back then and still is today(to some degree). A group in my school who were big fans of the franchise had a little get together at times, I was social outcast and me being a fan of the game and actually connecting with people that enjoyed what I enjoyed made me feel accepted. I joined the group and I became happier and more self esteem, we had many great discussions sharing our experiences of the game, they were fun. Overtime I felt better about myself and I didn't consider myself an outcast anymore, in a way FNAF has changed my life for the long run. Even when it became more kid friendly at times I reminded myself this is a game I will stick with for a long long time, because it really was a dark and twisted series. After a while my love for the franchise died slightly, and this when I got into dbd and when I heard someone started a petition to get Springtrap in the game I was down for it immediately. I really want this to be in the game because fnaf was the first ever horror series I actually got into, I mean this was my childhood, this game made me into a huge fan of horror and introduced me to a genre I truly love, and I thank the game for that, it would make me and some other people happy to see the game that cemented my love for horror in general into dbd, and honestly I think if it were ever to come to the game it will show what Fnaf could've been, a darker more gruesome tone than what was given. Thank you that is all I have to say and I know I'm digging my grave but that's okay, I'm willing to admit that I am someone who supports this.

    Sorry, But fnaf is not an "iconic character in horror", in fact it's a stain on horror. The only reason people even considered it "scary" was because it was jam packed with jump scares, but that's all it was. There was nothing else scary about it. Not to mention, because of its popularity with pre-teens, horror movies themselves started shifting towards being PG-13 jump scares to cash in on that trend. So let's not try and say it's on the same level as og horror.

  • @MeatBycicle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473162#Comment_1473162

    That's an original killer. Ghost Face is from a teen slasher series. I'm not saying that killers from "certain" areas can't be in the game. I'm just saying that putting a literal kids villain in a MATURE game will turn away a lot of New and current players. If FNAF gets a killer into the game what's to keep Ursula from the Little Mermaid out?

    GF is from the og scream movies, which is why we have the og scream mask and robe in the game. If he was from the teen drama series then gf would have that terrible knock off mask from the show.

  • I think it would be cool to at least have an action figure of him. : D

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474972#Comment_1474972

    See, this is a problem with perspective and that's fine. I now understand what you were trying to say, but calling something a pinnacle implies it is the shining example of the genre. And for seasoned fans of horror, it just isn't, but again this is perspective based.

    The best way I could put it is the Shinning effect... Anyone who watched that movie back when it came out, and even probably up to a decade or so later considered it one of the greatest horror films ever. As a child I was often horrified by even tomb raider and games of the such, but my biggest game back then, and the game that literally started my fascination with horror, was a little known game made by a fairly big developer at the time, Shivers.

    If you looked up a walkthrough of that game now, you would probably laugh, but that ######### was the scariest game in the world to my 5-8 year old self. A few years latter as I get more and more into watching horror movies, playing games like phantasmagoria and resident evil/silent hill, I was told by my mom I need to see this older movie called the Shinning, as it was "the scariest movie ever"

    So we went to Hollywood videos, picked up the movie and I think I also rented DMC, not sure.. anyway, I eagerly tool the video to the bedroom where I could watch it with my brother and get terrified while preparing him for the torment I would unleash on him from this new material (as brothers do) and it... Just seemed SOOooo boring.

    Like it felt like nothing was happening for the whole first hour really, and I was a kid, so you can imagine I expected some more consistent action, but the typewriter scenes just didn't click, the twins in the hall thing fell super flat for me because it was such a cliche at this point from my perspective, and basically nothing felt as explosive as I thought it should at the time.

    Now of course, over time you realize what the story was going for, why it was supposed to be scary, etc as well as the context of was made in that can't really be duplicated. Horror fans were way to jaded to go back to that, and horror video games didn't really exist when it was made, so of course I would be pretty desensitized. Also, this applied to the exorcist as well.

    And now I think you can see where I'm going with this.. FnAF was your "Shivers". It was a horror game that introduced you to the concept with a bang. It's funny, because I'm alot of ways , Shivers is very similar to FnaF, except it's in a museum setting and the spirits posses random items made from specific elements, rather than animatronics. And even as cheesy as it seems looking back (and it was even then considered decidedly cheesy, for some good reason) it still holds a special place in my heart. I even revisit the game Evey few years just for the hell of it, although I see that becoming increasingly difficult over time.

    Edit; sorry for long post, if you need a TlDr let me know

    That's okay man I understand it and we all sorta start from somewhere, like my first fascination for horror didn't come from a game, it came from a old kids horror movie called Monster house I think, I just became interested in it but my parents were stricked about me watching it so I never got to see it until my teenage years ( I thought it was decent) but before I watched fnaf came and it reignited that interest in horror and I just stuck with horror from then on, but at times for me horror can become way to extreme the prime example for me is Outlast 2, that was just way too much.

    @helix43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174583/why-i-think-springtrap-would-be-a-great-addition-to-this-game

    Sorry, But fnaf is not an "iconic character in horror", in fact it's a stain on horror. The only reason people even considered it "scary" was because it was jam packed with jump scares, but that's all it was. There was nothing else scary about it. Not to mention, because of its popularity with pre-teens, horror movies themselves started shifting towards being PG-13 jump scares to cash in on that trend. So let's not try and say it's on the same level as og horror.

    I mean it kinda is like there are some parts where its almost rated-R and I understand that it isn't like mature rated quality at times, but then again we got Stranger Things and I consider it PG-13 so at this point I don't think it entirely matters

  • @helix43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473174#Comment_1473174

    GF is from the og scream movies, which is why we have the og scream mask and robe in the game. If he was from the teen drama series then gf would have that terrible knock off mask from the show.

    I am talking about the old scream, it was a teen slasher film.

  • Every time someone pitches the idea of springtrap, the thread becomes a massive argument about if FNAF is a good game or not. No one wins because everyone's opinion on what makes good horror is completely subjective. Some people think Jumpscares are a pretty good way to scare people, others think that's a really cheap way of doing it. In my completely subjective opinion, FNAF was never scary because of the Jumpscare, it was the feeling of paranoia and buildup due to the limited power and constant looming threat.

    Honestly, I think springtrap would make a fine addition to Dead By Daylight and I feel that the "CrInGe" part of the fandom has long faded since it's been 6 years since the first game released.

  • @JustAnotherAnon said:

    Every time someone pitches the idea of springtrap, the thread becomes a massive argument about if FNAF is a good game or not. No one wins because everyone's opinion on what makes good horror is completely subjective. Some people think Jumpscares are a pretty good way to scare people, others think that's a really cheap way of doing it. In my completely subjective opinion, FNAF was never scary because of the Jumpscare, it was the feeling of paranoia and buildup due to the limited power and constant looming threat.

    Honestly, I think springtrap would make a fine addition to Dead By Daylight and I feel that the "CrInGe" part of the fandom has long faded since it's been 6 years since the first game released.

    True and at times I feel like that hate for the idea of him being in the game has died down just a bit but it is still around.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473677#Comment_1473677

    There's been plenty of kids books with gore for decades, it really doesn't surprise me that fnaf is added to the list. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark had multiple accounts in all three books. Watership Down is considered a classic for kids and it has bunnies being maimed all over the place - can see carnage count from the cartoon adaptation on YouTube. I would think if it wasn't appropriate for kids not only would Scholastic not had a multi-book contract with them but parents groups would've made a scene by now demanding the books be removed from the kid section of book stores. If they'd gone with any other publisher I'd say they are miscategorized but they went with a kid book only one so it's not an accident.

    i love Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark i got all 3 book and the movie but yea they were aim for kids but tho books got ban in some place too.

  • I do not envy the parent who read "count the way", "1:35am" or "lonely freddys" to there children.

  • @Hellbughunter said:

    I do not envy the parent who read "count the way", "1:35am" or "lonely freddys" to there children.

    whats that from, fnaf or something?

  • Its from the FNAF book series "Fazbear Frights"

  • those are storys from the fazbear frights series and they are dark. "Count the ways" for example is about a goth girl who romatesises death just to end up inside of a robotic bear who makes her chose the way she dies. those are not the storys you read your childrens befor sleep.

  • Okay wow, they want animal robots as killer but my idea of an alien killer like the xenomorph out of the famous alien films is dumb and unrealistic?... Alright.

    I officially have no hope for this community anymore.

  • Yup, Fazbear Frights have interesting and quite tragic, sad and disturbing stories, some of which connect to a bigger story we get pieces of in every book in the last pages. Not really for children if you ask me.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473066#Comment_1473066

    Slightly off topic but how the books are aimed for children really worries me.

    I've read the book, and I'm not going to spare the details, but I really can't understand why it's aimed at children. The games I can understand as there wasn't much gore shown but the books, oh god.

    Hey kids wanna here a story about a woman slowly driven insane by the image of the child she never had? No? To bad i found this in the kid section.

  • @Hellbughunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473677#Comment_1473677

    Hey kids wanna here a story about a woman slowly driven insane by the image of the child she never had? No? To bad i found this in the kid section.

    What?

  • It was a joke on the point that those books are childrensbooks because they are in the kids section many people are making. I would not give those books to children.

  • @Hellbughunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475427#Comment_1475427

    It was a joke on the point that those books are childrensbooks because they are in the kids section many people are making. I would not give those books to children.

    Ah right I get you.

    That joke you made though, on a serious note that's not even the half of what's ######### up with the books lmao

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473379#Comment_1473379

    While the games are not for everyone the lore is actually pretty deep/100% horror.

    The suits (anamatronics) are inhabited by the souls of dead children, they basically roam/haunt the pizza place trying to enact revenge upon the one who killed them/those in their way.

    So they don't just "scare you" (in fact one of the games they literally scoop out someones insides and turn them into a human body with a robot exoskeleton) but do in fact kill people.

    Weapons are not really an issue. They could punch, scratch, use any item seen from the games (list goes on).

    I'll say this again, I'm not a fan of the games but the lore 100% could work in DBDs setting. Hell even "William Afton" (think that was the killers name) could be the survivor because the whole point is that the animatronics want him to suffer.

    Now that you put it like that i would actually like that to be in the game. Any idea on the killer and survivor perks?

  • Well. I don't like to bash on anyone's stuff a lot, but I really have always had a problem with statements like this "I say Fnaf is a pinnacle of horror for its jump scares"


    The game isn't scary at all, it's a bit tense at times but never does it make me fearful.

    But that's also how dbd is so...

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    Well. I don't like to bash on anyone's stuff a lot, but I really have always had a problem with statements like this "I say Fnaf is a pinnacle of horror for its jump scares"

    The game isn't scary at all, it's a bit tense at times but never does it make me fearful.

    But that's also how dbd is so...

    I'm not gonna lie and say FNaF is the pinnacle of horror, because it has its flaws, just like every game. As you mentioned, its not like DbD is either. However, it is true that FNaF was very influential within the horror genre. It essentially gave birth to indie horror, and thats why I, personally, believe it belongs in DbD.

    And I'm also not saying it needs to be the next chapter or anything, perhaps just sometime down the line. There are plenty of other licenses that belong in DbD as well.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475436#Comment_1475436

    Ah right I get you.

    That joke you made though, on a serious note that's not even the half of what's ######### up with the books lmao

    I know i am currently reading room for one more

  • ah I see haven't read them yet

  • @NightmareReborn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475495#Comment_1475495

    I'm not gonna lie and say FNaF is the pinnacle of horror, because it has its flaws, just like every game. As you mentioned, its not like DbD is either. However, it is true that FNaF was very influential within the horror genre. It essentially gave birth to indie horror, and thats why I, personally, believe it belongs in DbD.

    And I'm also not saying it needs to be the next chapter or anything, perhaps just sometime down the line. There are plenty of other licenses that belong in DbD as well.

    FNAF is so far from the birth of indie horror games

    Outlast, Amnesia, Cry of Fear, Slender, and so many others predate FNAF. That game was just riding an already-established hype train

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473590#Comment_1473590

    Now that you put it like that i would actually like that to be in the game. Any idea on the killer and survivor perks?

    Well I would think if he was added into the game I would say he puts a springlock on you, or have hidden cameras throughout the map where he can know of survivors locations so when a survivor is working on a gen and a camera is nearby he could be watching you and you wouldn't know it until it was too late, but that's just me though.

  • @NightmareReborn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475495#Comment_1475495

    I'm not gonna lie and say FNaF is the pinnacle of horror, because it has its flaws, just like every game. As you mentioned, its not like DbD is either. However, it is true that FNaF was very influential within the horror genre. It essentially gave birth to indie horror, and thats why I, personally, believe it belongs in DbD.

    And I'm also not saying it needs to be the next chapter or anything, perhaps just sometime down the line. There are plenty of other licenses that belong in DbD as well.

    Not gonna lie it might be a while before we get fnaf becuase they already are working on some of the chapters this year already

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475492#Comment_1475492

    Well I would think if he was added into the game I would say he puts a springlock on you, or have hidden cameras throughout the map where he can know of survivors locations so when a survivor is working on a gen and a camera is nearby he could be watching you and you wouldn't know it until it was too late, but that's just me though.

    Mayby it could be a surprise attack jump scare like in the game. if a certain condition have been met they can insta down the survivor.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475522#Comment_1475522

    Mayby it could be a surprise attack jump scare like in the game. if a certain condition have been met they can insta down the survivor.

    maybe

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473590#Comment_1473590

    Now that you put it like that i would actually like that to be in the game. Any idea on the killer and survivor perks?

    As I said, while I did enjoy the lore I never got into the games. For this reason I do not feel I could come up with a concept for perks that would really suit each character. You'll need to ask someone with more creativity/involvement with the series ^.^

  • My favorite one. Do they really sell the Fazbear Frights books in the kids section, just curious since I don't live in a country that sells them in stores? I mean, every story is disturbing in one way, something like 'Count the ways', 'Room for one more', 'the new kid' and more aren't really suited for children. But I guess they don't understand the stories? I dunno.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    Hey guys its Dabih and I wanted to talk about a subject I wanted to talk about but didn't have the courage to mostly because of what this subject is. And that is Springtrap being in DBD, I know how controversial this is, and how many people hate the idea. But this is something I wanted to get off my shoulders and talk about. So to begin why I think he would be a great addition is because he is a memorable and iconic character in the horror genre, and the Fnaf game is a very memorable, popular, and important pinnacle of the horror franchise. And the fact that the game is painted to some as a kids game is kinda sad to me, the thing is that Fnaf is considered this because of its audience. When it came out it was never intended to be for a younger audience but during the time it was released it was difficult to control what you could watch on Youtube and I think you know the rest of the story. But by then the damage was done and Scott Cawthon couldn't really do anything( meaning: make it more graphic and violent, or swearing/ basically anything to make the game rated M) about it when a great majority of fans of the game were young

    I say Fnaf is a pinnacle of horror for its jump scares, all of those who played the original 4 know what I'm talking about there was a level of fear that was within Fnaf that made it very uncomfortable to play, it was just the tone it had. I think it was a smart to create something that we usually would love and make it into something terrifying works greatly and at times you felt utterly helpless also that heightened the fear within the games. The Jumpscares are terrifying for the fact it was right in front in your face made it all the more scary and were unsuspecting. I think the franchise has made its mark in the history of horror.

    Now here is a personal level for me why I would love to see Spring trap in the game. When I was growing up in school i would here people talk about a game called Five Nights at Freddys, I was curious and looked it up and to my surprise it was popular seriously back then if you looked up fnaf you would see tons of youtube videos with theories and gameplay, I mean this was the crave back then and still is today(to some degree). A group in my school who were big fans of the franchise had a little get together at times, I was social outcast and me being a fan of the game and actually connecting with people that enjoyed what I enjoyed made me feel accepted. I joined the group and I became happier and more self esteem, we had many great discussions sharing our experiences of the game, they were fun. Overtime I felt better about myself and I didn't consider myself an outcast anymore, in a way FNAF has changed my life for the long run. Even when it became more kid friendly at times I reminded myself this is a game I will stick with for a long long time, because it really was a dark and twisted series. After a while my love for the franchise died slightly, and this when I got into dbd and when I heard someone started a petition to get Springtrap in the game I was down for it immediately. I really want this to be in the game because fnaf was the first ever horror series I actually got into, I mean this was my childhood, this game made me into a huge fan of horror and introduced me to a genre I truly love, and I thank the game for that, it would make me and some other people happy to see the game that cemented my love for horror in general into dbd, and honestly I think if it were ever to come to the game it will show what Fnaf could've been, a darker more gruesome tone than what was given. Thank you that is all I have to say and I know I'm digging my grave but that's okay, I'm willing to admit that I am someone who supports this.

    Oh, and just one more thing. FNAf books published by Scholastic. Need I say more?

  • This content has been removed.
  • @JesusOnWheels said:

    No.

    It's never happening.

    Thread finished.

    Right now, it's probably not happening, but I wouldn't say never. There's a ton of people that want it, so there's atleast an argument to be made.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475436#Comment_1475436

    Ah right I get you.

    That joke you made though, on a serious note that's not even the half of what's ######### up with the books lmao

    i need to get these books.

  • Imo, I'd think it would be cool to have Springtrap. The most gory things we see in FNAF are the 8-bit cutscenes, and the story of FNAF and it's books (especially Fazbear Frights) are dark. In a game like DbD we can finally see more of the guts and blood that Spring is supposed to be. We can see him be at his darkest and bloodiest.

    I honestly hate the overwhelming majority of kids in the fandom. It ruins how people view the games and now the franchise is just associated with cringe and children, it's just disheartening.

    I love FNAF, and to see it be held from it true potential as a dark horror franchise is sad.

    Im not denying the franchise is catered towards kids. It is now, but the main games and such are still really dark and scary.

    Bringing Spring into DbD would get mixed reactions, but I think overtime people would just accept it.

    I just came to state my opinion. If someone replies I'm not responding, not because I'm a wuss but because I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just stating my take on the matter.

  • made me laugh calling FNAF "the pinnacle of horror", I mean yes the first 2 were good enough to be memorable but the rest felt down in a spiral, acting as a way for Scott to get more money and make a meme out of his games, it's basically like the Slender games, started out good and then it fell down pretty hard, that's why I don't see both franchise in DbD, because it became mostly a meme to laugh at, power wise and perks wise, not much really to do, besides, DbD's licensed killers are considered (mostly) as CULT CLASSICS, FNaF isn't much of a cult classic imo.

  • @NightmareReborn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476228#Comment_1476228

    Right now, it's probably not happening, but I wouldn't say never. There's a ton of people that want it, so there's atleast an argument to be made.

    I mean they probably have the next chapters already in production as we speak

  • @Kira15233 said:

    made me laugh calling FNAF "the pinnacle of horror", I mean yes the first 2 were good enough to be memorable but the rest felt down in a spiral, acting as a way for Scott to get more money and make a meme out of his games, it's basically like the Slender games, started out good and then it fell down pretty hard, that's why I don't see both franchise in DbD, because it became mostly a meme to laugh at, power wise and perks wise, not much really to do, besides, DbD's licensed killers are considered (mostly) as CULT CLASSICS, FNaF isn't much of a cult classic imo.

    Yeah I shouldn't called it a 'pinnacle of horror', because its not the top one, but it was a major point in the horror genre, why because it allowed a great wave of other indie horror games to come to the spotlight, and I prefer indie horror games over some of the others.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476252#Comment_1476252

    I mean they probably have the next chapters already in production as we speak

    From what I heard, Chapters 17 and 18 are licensed. Assuming that's true, I don't expect Springtrap to be either of those, but after that I feel like we could possibly see him.

1 2 3 4