Why I think Springtrap would be a great addition to this game

Hey guys its Dabih and I wanted to talk about a subject I wanted to talk about but didn't have the courage to mostly because of what this subject is. And that is Springtrap being in DBD, I know how controversial this is, and how many people hate the idea. But this is something I wanted to get off my shoulders and talk about. So to begin why I think he would be a great addition is because he is a memorable and iconic character in the horror genre, and the Fnaf game is a very memorable, popular, and important pinnacle of the horror franchise. And the fact that the game is painted to some as a kids game is kinda sad to me, the thing is that Fnaf is considered this because of its audience. When it came out it was never intended to be for a younger audience but during the time it was released it was difficult to control what you could watch on Youtube and I think you know the rest of the story. But by then the damage was done and Scott Cawthon couldn't really do anything( meaning: make it more graphic and violent, or swearing/ basically anything to make the game rated M) about it when a great majority of fans of the game were young


I say Fnaf is a pinnacle of horror for its jump scares, all of those who played the original 4 know what I'm talking about there was a level of fear that was within Fnaf that made it very uncomfortable to play, it was just the tone it had. I think it was a smart to create something that we usually would love and make it into something terrifying works greatly and at times you felt utterly helpless also that heightened the fear within the games. The Jumpscares are terrifying for the fact it was right in front in your face made it all the more scary and were unsuspecting. I think the franchise has made its mark in the history of horror.

Now here is a personal level for me why I would love to see Spring trap in the game. When I was growing up in school i would here people talk about a game called Five Nights at Freddys, I was curious and looked it up and to my surprise it was popular seriously back then if you looked up fnaf you would see tons of youtube videos with theories and gameplay, I mean this was the crave back then and still is today(to some degree). A group in my school who were big fans of the franchise had a little get together at times, I was social outcast and me being a fan of the game and actually connecting with people that enjoyed what I enjoyed made me feel accepted. I joined the group and I became happier and more self esteem, we had many great discussions sharing our experiences of the game, they were fun. Overtime I felt better about myself and I didn't consider myself an outcast anymore, in a way FNAF has changed my life for the long run. Even when it became more kid friendly at times I reminded myself this is a game I will stick with for a long long time, because it really was a dark and twisted series. After a while my love for the franchise died slightly, and this when I got into dbd and when I heard someone started a petition to get Springtrap in the game I was down for it immediately. I really want this to be in the game because fnaf was the first ever horror series I actually got into, I mean this was my childhood, this game made me into a huge fan of horror and introduced me to a genre I truly love, and I thank the game for that, it would make me and some other people happy to see the game that cemented my love for horror in general into dbd, and honestly I think if it were ever to come to the game it will show what Fnaf could've been, a darker more gruesome tone than what was given. Thank you that is all I have to say and I know I'm digging my grave but that's okay, I'm willing to admit that I am someone who supports this.

Comments

  • @NightmareReborn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476941#Comment_1476941

    From what I heard, Chapters 17 and 18 are licensed. Assuming that's true, I don't expect Springtrap to be either of those, but after that I feel like we could possibly see him.

    Hopefully Springtrap is one of them if not, I'll take Candyman, or jason, but no Alien, or Pennywise, no,no, no.

  • Could you not say that FNaF let the indie genre be bigger, legit Slenderman made it popular, if it wasn't for that, FNaF wouldn't probably exists, please a little bit more respect to the OG indie Slender, thank you

  • @Kira15233 said:

    Could you not say that FNaF let the indie genre be bigger, legit Slenderman made it popular, if it wasn't for that, FNaF wouldn't probably exists, please a little bit more respect to the OG indie Slender, thank you

    Okay... You believe what you believe man

  • #NoSpringtrapInDbd

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    #NoSpringtrapInDbd

    Whats This?

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    #NoSpringtrapInDbd

    #SpringtrapInDbD

  • @MeatBycicle said:

    I'm going to answer this thread with the same answer I gave the last 20. No, a character from a children's game doesn't belong in DBD.

    fnaf is far from a children's game. children are only attracted to it because their favorite lets players played it in 2014. Springtrap is literally a child murderer skewered by animatronic part in an animatronic suit. does that sound like a childrens property?

  • Robbie rotten as a survivor, and cancer as the killer. F in the chat for Robbie Rotten. For he was number one.

  • I really wouldn't complain about Springtrap being added, but what i'm confused is what his power would be

  • @aznfruitboii said:

    I really wouldn't complain about Springtrap being added, but what i'm confused is what his power would be

    He could be a scarier version of pig, or watch you with cameras and you wouldn't know it thats just me

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1478200#Comment_1478200

    He could be a scarier version of pig, or watch you with cameras and you wouldn't know it thats just me

    So his power is to be able to see you through multiple cameras that are stationed at specific parts of the map and can only be rotated to see at a 180 degree angle?

    That would just make him an m1 killer tbh

  • @BlackRainbow said:

    Okay wow, they want animal robots as killer but my idea of an alien killer like the xenomorph out of the famous alien films is dumb and unrealistic?... Alright.

    I officially have no hope for this community anymore.

    it also surprised me when I suggested the alien... I don't get why people were/are against it. (I did suggest it before demo, so at least there was that...)

    but, the people refusing the xenomorph aren't necessarily the same people asking for fnaf. do keep that in mind


    @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174583/why-i-think-springtrap-would-be-a-great-addition-to-this-game

    Oh, and just one more thing. FNAf books published by Scholastic. Need I say more?

    if you read the thread, you would see it was already addressed. so, yes you do need to say more.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1477488#Comment_1477488

    Hopefully Springtrap is one of them if not, I'll take Candyman, or jason, but no Alien, or Pennywise, no,no, no.

    why not alien or pennywise?

  • @aznfruitboii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1478213#Comment_1478213

    So his power is to be able to see you through multiple cameras that are stationed at specific parts of the map and can only be rotated to see at a 180 degree angle?

    That would just make him an m1 killer tbh

    Well he could also place springlocks on you or have a special jumpscare attack

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1478219#Comment_1478219

    Well he could also place springlocks on you or have a special jumpscare attack

    So Pig's RBT + Demo's ranged attack + Ghostface crouched terror radius all in one killer?

  • Well the thing is I'm not fully against the idea but you gotta realize Pennywise is a very, very powerful creature, and if the entity were to have him in the game, it be crazy af, because in actual lore IT is basically on a godly level of power, and I don't really think the netity could contain something like that with that much power, Alien mostly due to the fact I'm not a huge fan of Alien but he wouldn't fit the theme of the game, usually were used to seeing supernatural characters in the game, but to see the Xenomorph in the game would feel a bit weird to me.

  • @aznfruitboii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1479194#Comment_1479194

    So Pig's RBT + Demo's ranged attack + Ghostface crouched terror radius all in one killer?

    That could work but thats just my idea though plus he won't be as stealthy as ghostface, and the springlock trap he could place you on the hook and get it that way but I don't think it will work the same as the RBT

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1479197#Comment_1479197

    That could work but thats just my idea though plus he won't be as stealthy as ghostface, and the springlock trap he could place you on the hook and get it that way but I don't think it will work the same as the RBT

    So i know a little bit about the FNAF lore but not a whole lot. Would the traps be disarmed only by finding a teammate instead of like the RBT boxes?

  • @aznfruitboii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1479214#Comment_1479214

    So i know a little bit about the FNAF lore but not a whole lot. Would the traps be disarmed only by finding a teammate instead of like the RBT boxes?

    Yeah it could work like that the only issue is how to balance it, for the springlock the more you wiggle or the more you move it causes it to go off

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1479219#Comment_1479219

    Yeah it could work like that the only issue is how to balance it, for the springlock the more you wiggle or the more you move it causes it to go off

    If that's the case then i wouldn't mind it (except for blindness addons canceling my bond). I really don't care if Springtrap gets added or not. If i get to see more play, i'm all in

  • @aznfruitboii said:

    I really wouldn't complain about Springtrap being added, but what i'm confused is what his power would be

    He was using ventilation system in FnaF3 to attack protagonist.

    His mechanic could also be something related to inflicting hallucinations to survivors

    I heard an interesting idea that he could slowdown/stun survivors that come too close to him, as they get "petrified".

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1478200#Comment_1478200

    He was using ventilation system in FnaF3 to attack protagonist.

    His mechanic could also be something related to inflicting hallucinations to survivors

    I heard an interesting idea that he could slowdown/stun survivors that come too close to him, as they get "petrified".

    So doctor as well but a built in addon that causes hallucinations

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1479210#Comment_1479210

    Well, devs said Pennywise is they're dream license, so they prob already know what they would do with him, Alien is good but this game wouldn't do him justice, what would his power be?

    The problem with Pennywise is that Stephan King is extremely strict on his licensing, and if he were to be added to the game now it would feel kinda awkward since we already have a clown but who knows, I actually would like another circus themed chapter with a freakshow like killer. For Alien it would be kinda the same thing he just would feel wierd to be added with the atmosphere of how dbd is but who knows

  • @aznfruitboii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1479238#Comment_1479238

    So doctor as well but a built in addon that causes hallucinations

    Yeah that could work but for the hallucination part, thats all in the book, and no one is entirely sure if they are canon, even I'm not sure.

  • Downvote, because im sick of these threads.

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1479246#Comment_1479246

    Well,we had Hillbilly before Leatherface, he can't be the same cuz he would be way too strong, he would prob be like demo

    Yeah the biggest thing is that I'm scared that they will mess him up and not make the character as fun

    @Lazerboy88 said:

    Downvote, because im sick of these threads.

    Okay man, you do you.

  • @NightmareReborn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475495#Comment_1475495

    I'm not gonna lie and say FNaF is the pinnacle of horror, because it has its flaws, just like every game. As you mentioned, its not like DbD is either. However, it is true that FNaF was very influential within the horror genre. It essentially gave birth to indie horror, and thats why I, personally, believe it belongs in DbD.

    And I'm also not saying it needs to be the next chapter or anything, perhaps just sometime down the line. There are plenty of other licenses that belong in DbD as well.

    It gave birth to indie horror? Is that a joke...? You cannot be serious. Amnesia alone was bigger than FNAF when it debuted. Even Slender.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475508#Comment_1475508

    It gave birth to indie horror? Is that a joke...? You cannot be serious. Amnesia alone was bigger than FNAF when it debuted. Even Slender.

    Wait... Amnesia was an indie game? Huh never knew that, and yeah Slender did kinda help start the indie horror genre, but it was the games that followed such as Outlast and eventually Fnaf was what help bring the indie horror to a great light. But I understand what your saying, they wouldn't have gotten the boost they needed if not for Slender so you do have a point.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475508#Comment_1475508

    It gave birth to indie horror? Is that a joke...? You cannot be serious. Amnesia alone was bigger than FNAF when it debuted. Even Slender.

    Maybe not the birth of indie horror, but it was definitely a massive resurgence for the genre that's still going on today. I remember amnesia being especially popular tho; I'm not saying it didn't have an effect on the genre by any means. I just remember tons of new indie horror games exploding post-FNaF such as Hello Neighbor, Baldi's Basics, and Bendy and the Ink Machine. That's not even talking about the dozens of well-made FNaF fan games.

    Also (and this is my opinion), FNaF was developed by a single individual, and thus, FNaF's accomplishments are more valuable in my eyes (and again, my opinion here).

    Slender seemed to have more of an effect on internet culture than video games. I remember Creepypasta was wildly popular around that time, and even though it's more or less died down today, it was still amazing what Slender accomplished. Would I personally want to see Slender in DbD? Not really. Would I be mad if he some how made it in? Definitely not. Same with Amnesia.

  • @NightmareReborn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1479672#Comment_1479672

    Maybe not the birth of indie horror, but it was definitely a massive resurgence for the genre that's still going on today. I remember amnesia being especially popular tho; I'm not saying it didn't have an effect on the genre by any means. I just remember tons of new indie horror games exploding post-FNaF such as Hello Neighbor, Baldi's Basics, and Bendy and the Ink Machine. That's not even talking about the dozens of well-made FNaF fan games.

    Also (and this is my opinion), FNaF was developed by a single individual, and thus, FNaF's accomplishments are more valuable in my eyes (and again, my opinion here).

    Slender seemed to have more of an effect on internet culture than video games. I remember Creepypasta was wildly popular around that time, and even though it's more or less died down today, it was still amazing what Slender accomplished. Would I personally want to see Slender in DbD? Not really. Would I be mad if he some how made it in? Definitely not. Same with Amnesia.

    Yeah thats waht I mean when it helped jumpstart the indie-genre

  • It really didn't. The indie horror genre was doing just fine for years before, and has after FNAF with a lot of games taking literally no inspiration from it.

  • Bro we can't have a serial child murderer in the game, his game is from a franchise for kids! Never mind the fact that SEVERAL children have died offscreen and you literally get GUTTED AT THE END OF THE 5TH GAME, Markiplier played it so it's a kids game!

    /s

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    It really didn't. The indie horror genre was doing just fine for years before, and has after FNAF with a lot of games taking literally no inspiration from it.

    Okay thats false because there were a dozen of fnaf fan games that were based off of the the original, to give you an example, five nights at candys, five nights at Mcdonalds, and Five nights at Treasure Island, literally there is as many fan made fnaf games as there are fan made slender games

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    Bro we can't have a serial child murderer in the game, his game is from a franchise for kids! Never mind the fact that SEVERAL children have died offscreen and you literally get GUTTED AT THE END OF THE 5TH GAME, Markiplier played it so it's a kids game!

    /s

    Have you seen Markiplier play it in 2020? It's so odd how differently he views the game now compared to how he once did.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480061#Comment_1480061

    Okay thats false because there were a dozen of fnaf fan games that were based off of the the original, to give you an example, five nights at candys, five nights at Mcdonalds, and Five nights at Treasure Island, literally there is as many fan made fnaf games as there are fan made slender games

    Those are a bunch of really awful rip off games. A lot of games suffer that fate, including terrible dbd mobile rip offs.

    "Five nights at McDonald's" would you seriously use that in your argument? I'm talking games like Outlast, Fran Bow, Neverending Nightmares, Amnesia...

  • I don't get why people still call fnaf a kids game. If they knew the story they would know, but I guess they just don't wanna. The character Springtrap is a man who has lured kids in this pizzeria to slaughter them and hide their dead bodies in animatronic suits. The souls of the kids possessed the animatronics and wanted revenge. Now long story short Springtrap aka purple guy tried to protect himself by going inside an animatronic suit. And the metal parts crushed him and he experienced a slow and painful death :) That's how he became spring trap. Now I will say I watched fnaf when I was a child ( but I was terrified) I just found the story really interesting and many YouTubers made vids od the game. But such a story a child's game? Nah man I would say maybe Teens, but nothing more.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1480087#Comment_1480087

    Those are a bunch of really awful rip off games. A lot of games suffer that fate, including terrible dbd mobile rip offs.

    "Five nights at McDonald's" would you seriously use that in your argument? I'm talking games like Outlast, Fran Bow, Neverending Nightmares, Amnesia...

    Oh, Oh, Oh I see, I see what you mean my bad. Well to some degree kinda, I mean kinda but I can't say for those games except Outlast because I've never seen those others but I just want to believe what I want to believe

  • I get that the game holds a personal place for you from your childhood, but that's kinda the point it strikes others as childish which is why I think there is a lot of resistance to it.

    For those of us who grew up watching friday the 13th, halloween, etc etc there was a forbidden element to it because it wasn't intended for children. You had to sneak into these films as a kid in the 80's, half the horror came from the threat of getting caught and kicked out.

    FNAF strikes me as childish and cartoony. Yes it has a dark back story but its packaged in a very tempered manner. Now if they include it great for you, I'm happy, if they don't great again no loss, as I'm largely indifferent to it not being a fan (much like SH).

    There are a number of other more adult and generally thematically appropriate franchises/killers I would rather see before FNAF, but its not up to me, however I'll voice that opinion when people call for FNAF because I would rather see classic killers that I am nostalgic for, or interesting original content before any FNAF.

    That's just my personal preference, I don't want to deny you FNAF but while my interest in this game holds I'd like to see other stuff first.

    i.e Hannibal Lecter, The Shining, some form of shadow figure drawn from the ideas of sleep paralysis... the list goes on.

    Given the seemingly more "childish" (my opinion) nature of FNAF it pains me to think what kind of community might be added to an already brimming with toxicity community with its addition. That view is 100% bias and I'm well aware of it but it concerns me none the less.

    I hope this has been a tempered response without being to inflammatory. I'm not saying if you enjoy FNAF you are childish just that I feel the theme is kinda childish.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1478241#Comment_1478241

    Well the thing is I'm not fully against the idea but you gotta realize Pennywise is a very, very powerful creature, and if the entity were to have him in the game, it be crazy af, because in actual lore IT is basically on a godly level of power, and I don't really think the netity could contain something like that with that much power, Alien mostly due to the fact I'm not a huge fan of Alien but he wouldn't fit the theme of the game, usually were used to seeing supernatural characters in the game, but to see the Xenomorph in the game would feel a bit weird to me.

    I'm so glad you didn't say "wE aLrEaDy hAvE A cLoWn'

  • Listen man, I just wanted to say I'm sorry on behalf of the community, that keep using the same counter arguments of "it's for kids" or "he's a bunny". I think it would be a fine idea, and I'm not opposed to the fact of having him in the game. As a teenager, I loved the first 3 games.

  • @pseudechis said:

    I get that the game holds a personal place for you from your childhood, but that's kinda the point it strikes others as childish which is why I think there is a lot of resistance to it.

    For those of us who grew up watching friday the 13th, halloween, etc etc there was a forbidden element to it because it wasn't intended for children. You had to sneak into these films as a kid in the 80's, half the horror came from the threat of getting caught and kicked out.

    FNAF strikes me as childish and cartoony. Yes it has a dark back story but its packaged in a very tempered manner. Now if they include it great for you, I'm happy, if they don't great again no loss, as I'm largely indifferent to it not being a fan (much like SH).

    There are a number of other more adult and generally thematically appropriate franchises/killers I would rather see before FNAF, but its not up to me, however I'll voice that opinion when people call for FNAF because I would rather see classic killers that I am nostalgic for, or interesting original content before any FNAF.

    That's just my personal preference, I don't want to deny you FNAF but while my interest in this game holds I'd like to see other stuff first.

    i.e Hannibal Lecter, The Shining, some form of shadow figure drawn from the ideas of sleep paralysis... the list goes on.

    Given the seemingly more "childish" (my opinion) nature of FNAF it pains me to think what kind of community might be added to an already brimming with toxicity community with its addition. That view is 100% bias and I'm well aware of it but it concerns me none the less.

    I hope this has been a tempered response without being to inflammatory. I'm not saying if you enjoy FNAF you are childish just that I feel the theme is kinda childish.

    I understand, and fnaf wasn't ever intended for kids the thing was that youtube had little restrictions back then and gameplay videos were popular among kids, so I think I shouldn't have ever watched gameplay of it ever let alone play it, but I did, and I enjoyed it. But think about the fans from back then, fnaf been around for 5 years now, and by now some of those then have probably went to college or are in High school. One thing I do admit the fact with all the child like demeanor and cute and cudly aspects of the game particularly from the original are twisted and just the animatronics appearence alone still gives me chills, and gives me fear, its a really neat way to create a horror franchise. And i think it will be a while before we get fnaf but the love still goes on

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1479210#Comment_1479210

    I'm so glad you didn't say "wE aLrEaDy hAvE A cLoWn'

    I almost said it but realized it would dig my grave

    @MusicNerd_TC said:

    Listen man, I just wanted to say I'm sorry on behalf of the community, that keep using the same counter arguments of "it's for kids" or "he's a bunny". I think it would be a fine idea, and I'm not opposed to the fact of having him in the game. As a teenager, I loved the first 3 games.

    Yeah I was a youngster back then and all the way to now its still scary as it was before, it just was unnerving and added the level of fear to objects like puppets or dolls, and even I was kinda unnerved by the animitronics when I went to Chucke cheese for my cousins birthday, it still holds onto you and doesn't seem to go away easily. Also your fine man, thank you though those who are against I can understand why and I'm not subjective to it.

  • @MeatBycicle said:

    I'm going to answer this thread with the same answer I gave the last 20. No, a character from a children's game doesn't belong in DBD.

    Dbd is populated with kids your point is?

1 2 3 4 ›