Why I think Springtrap would be a great addition to this game
Hey guys its Dabih and I wanted to talk about a subject I wanted to talk about but didn't have the courage to mostly because of what this subject is. And that is Springtrap being in DBD, I know how controversial this is, and how many people hate the idea. But this is something I wanted to get off my shoulders and talk about. So to begin why I think he would be a great addition is because he is a memorable and iconic character in the horror genre, and the Fnaf game is a very memorable, popular, and important pinnacle of the horror franchise. And the fact that the game is painted to some as a kids game is kinda sad to me, the thing is that Fnaf is considered this because of its audience. When it came out it was never intended to be for a younger audience but during the time it was released it was difficult to control what you could watch on Youtube and I think you know the rest of the story. But by then the damage was done and Scott Cawthon couldn't really do anything( meaning: make it more graphic and violent, or swearing/ basically anything to make the game rated M) about it when a great majority of fans of the game were young
I say Fnaf is a pinnacle of horror for its jump scares, all of those who played the original 4 know what I'm talking about there was a level of fear that was within Fnaf that made it very uncomfortable to play, it was just the tone it had. I think it was a smart to create something that we usually would love and make it into something terrifying works greatly and at times you felt utterly helpless also that heightened the fear within the games. The Jumpscares are terrifying for the fact it was right in front in your face made it all the more scary and were unsuspecting. I think the franchise has made its mark in the history of horror.
Now here is a personal level for me why I would love to see Spring trap in the game. When I was growing up in school i would here people talk about a game called Five Nights at Freddys, I was curious and looked it up and to my surprise it was popular seriously back then if you looked up fnaf you would see tons of youtube videos with theories and gameplay, I mean this was the crave back then and still is today(to some degree). A group in my school who were big fans of the franchise had a little get together at times, I was social outcast and me being a fan of the game and actually connecting with people that enjoyed what I enjoyed made me feel accepted. I joined the group and I became happier and more self esteem, we had many great discussions sharing our experiences of the game, they were fun. Overtime I felt better about myself and I didn't consider myself an outcast anymore, in a way FNAF has changed my life for the long run. Even when it became more kid friendly at times I reminded myself this is a game I will stick with for a long long time, because it really was a dark and twisted series. After a while my love for the franchise died slightly, and this when I got into dbd and when I heard someone started a petition to get Springtrap in the game I was down for it immediately. I really want this to be in the game because fnaf was the first ever horror series I actually got into, I mean this was my childhood, this game made me into a huge fan of horror and introduced me to a genre I truly love, and I thank the game for that, it would make me and some other people happy to see the game that cemented my love for horror in general into dbd, and honestly I think if it were ever to come to the game it will show what Fnaf could've been, a darker more gruesome tone than what was given. Thank you that is all I have to say and I know I'm digging my grave but that's okay, I'm willing to admit that I am someone who supports this.
Comments
Listen... If i wanted to Spam this, I would done so literally
To be honest I think its more of the same reason Fortnite became a meme kids game. Was it originally created for kids specifically? No, but it just so happened that was the following it got and the stigma it has. FNAF however embraced it and began marketing towards kids so it kind of sealed its own fate.
And hopefully getting banned.
WE are already tired of this fnaf nonsense spam post, what about they go back to their trash fnaf games
I think she was kinda like a cultist I think, but I don't want to see something like that before they add a pirate themed killer, because Why do we not have that
Hypothetically if we did get a FNAF chapter, how would it play out? Would we get a new chapter with the killer animatronic and a new survivor or just a killer? Would there be a new map and if yes what would it be? What about cosmetics? Would it be like the legion and have multiple animatronics? I won't ask about the perks or killer power because i will leave that to the devs
And I understand I'm tired of the hate that it is getting.
Pirate killer could be fun. I'd love a beach/island map. Boat map only if it rocks like it's in the water.
Yeah a pirate would be super sick. I think it would have to be an original killer though since I don't think we have many Pirates to choose from popular media that we could use, other than Scooby Doo Pirate Ghosts, and Barbosa from Pirates of the Caribbean
Springtrap looks stupid af. No thank you.
While that is a pretty fair comparison, here's why i think it's wrong
What does Fortnite have? lots of Colour, flashy effects, tons of customisation so that you can feel unique, and generally a welcoming atmosphere
FNAF on the other hand, Haunted robots possessed by the souls of murdered children that stuff people into other suits which causes a very horrible death, dark and foreboding locations, a child-murderer and experimenter that got trapped in his signature calling card by the souls of his victims and was doomed to continue walking the earth as a rotting corpse, loud jumpscare noises, the Nightmare animatronics and overall blatant exploitation our natural fears of vulnerability and the unknown
Fnaf is many things, a children's game is not one of them
fnaf is absolutely not a childrens game have you ever played it or dove into any of the lore?
Personally I think it would be just a full blown chapter mostly because I heard they aren't doing Paragraphs anymore so maybe, thye might do a collection like they did for SH
It never was supposed to be a childerens game it was just the fan base that it was created around was mostly consisted of kids
Im sorry if I was rude, but damn dude, I dont know where is this non sense of fnaf post coming from, thanks god scott didn't even bother contacting bhvr
Eh its kinda too late for that they Dawko already sent an email to Scott about it, so who knows, but if he is no one will give a crap as much
Tbh everyone can have a killer they don't stand, personally I always found Pennywise stupid as a killer in his movies , but I won't mind if he ever make it into dbd.
Yeah me too I just personally dont think he could work for hes to powerful to be contained by the entity.
As far as I know, someone send a email to him so he can contact bhvr and make it happen, but he didn't even bother (that was like 1 week ago)
Well we're not entirely sure what happened. He made no public statement, and I doubt he would whether he liked the idea or not.
I'll just put this here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/117521/why-a-fnaf-chapter-wouldnt-be-a-bad-idea/p1
pighead part more that everyone that hate it call it children's game it not can we drop it now if it coming people be happy and upset who care.
how it should be but FNAF been hot topic for sometime now normally turn bad i like fnaf if it get in great if not oh well like stop calling it children's game but whatever as i like have scrap baby in more then springtrap but that just me.
I Agreed as well but there is a lot these thread already i mean just pin one already if the topic keeps going and with out fighting people have a right to they opinions.
Okay, time to give what I gave the others.
FNAF characters have no weapons, they literally just scare you and thats all, along with this all the games are set onto a timer, which is NOT how dbd works at all. To add onto this because I KNOW someone is gonna mention it, Pyramid Head was added because the game Silent Hill was and still is, the definition of psychological horror, while FNAF is literally just a game about dead kids souls being trapped inside of robots that yell at you, every killer in DBD has a weapon of some sort that is an M1 and biting a survivor would look bloody hilarious, along with this, pretty sure none of the FNAF characters have claws. FNAF does not fit into dbd not because of the game just being centered around just jumpscares to make it considered “horror”, but because all the ‘logical’ powers any of the robots could have wouldn’t fit into how dbd is played. If DBD was like REsistance (resident evil:resistance) then it would fit, however the game is about killing all the survivors before they escape, not kill them before the timer ends
At this point I couldn't care less about the next IP to get into the game. If they're fun to play both as and against, and have good perks and addons (These two things will never happen so basically if their ability is fun) I couldn't care less.
I think a neat mechanic for fnaf team would for all of the animatronics to be on the map spread out and the killer power would be that they could inhabit the body of one and switch between them as the power. But survivors could disable the uninhabited one for a set of time of they find it
I'd be down for it. I'm just sick of all these posts. Its the same arguments everytime, "FNAF bad, it dumb kiddy game with cringe, it no scary" . At this point I've just stopped caring. If it gets in, cool. If not, thats also cool.
Not bad Idea personally I would think his power allows you to see through hidden cameras trough out the map and constantly know of the survivors whereabouts
Uh... they do have claws, and for power the same could be said for Pyramid head, from what I've p0layed he had no power he only just swinged his weapon, so they can come up with something
Yea same here
Fnaf, in my opinion, never was a children's game. Funko and other companies turned it into such. The dark tones have never changed.
Like through notifications, or more like a small hud that shows the security feed?
I just want to see PH plushies now.
Springtrap has no claws mate
While the games are not for everyone the lore is actually pretty deep/100% horror.
The suits (anamatronics) are inhabited by the souls of dead children, they basically roam/haunt the pizza place trying to enact revenge upon the one who killed them/those in their way.
So they don't just "scare you" (in fact one of the games they literally scoop out someones insides and turn them into a human body with a robot exoskeleton) but do in fact kill people.
Weapons are not really an issue. They could punch, scratch, use any item seen from the games (list goes on).
I'll say this again, I'm not a fan of the games but the lore 100% could work in DBDs setting. Hell even "William Afton" (think that was the killers name) could be the survivor because the whole point is that the animatronics want him to suffer.
Not a single one of those are for children
true but I've heard he uses a special knife, or he could use his fists one of the two
Slightly off topic but how the books are aimed for children really worries me.
I've read the book, and I'm not going to spare the details, but I really can't understand why it's aimed at children. The games I can understand as there wasn't much gore shown but the books, oh god.
There's been plenty of kids books with gore for decades, it really doesn't surprise me that fnaf is added to the list. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark had multiple accounts in all three books. Watership Down is considered a classic for kids and it has bunnies being maimed all over the place - can see carnage count from the cartoon adaptation on YouTube. I would think if it wasn't appropriate for kids not only would Scholastic not had a multi-book contract with them but parents groups would've made a scene by now demanding the books be removed from the kid section of book stores. If they'd gone with any other publisher I'd say they are miscategorized but they went with a kid book only one so it's not an accident.
Well I was in school during the release of the books and they had little pamphlets where you could order your scholastic books from, and the FNaf silver eyes book was located in young adult section so yeah
look at this point I just want him in the game so these threads with the same arguments and same yelling ENDS already.
If they executed it well and didn't make him a meme of a killer with a ######### power, I would be down for it. Kids already get games they shouldn't have (I mean FNAF was never intended for a kiddie group) if you're worried about lol edgy fortnite kids rushing in. Even then, they will probably get bored like how a lot of stranger things fans who joined probably didn't stick around when Demo was a thing.
And look. If you don't want him in and you dislike him, you can literally just not buy his DLC, you know?
Yeah if they don't do Springtrap justice I'll be pissed we can't have a worse pig
Young adults I can understand, but children?
May I remind you that Scary Stories To Tell in the Dark was banned in 1993 because of the graphic violence it detailed. If they ever shared the FNaF books in school, I'd expect the same reaction.
Well Scholastic also goes to high schools to sell their products at times, and I didn't know scary stories to tell in the dark was banned.
Notice how many people who support FnaF are respecting or at least acting like they respect the opinion against FnaF and all their arguments are against stereotypes and negative bias people have and they just generally act like adults, while most people who don't support FnaF in DbD are acting aggressive, using their subjective and significantly incomplete knowledge about the game and act like entitled elitistic kids. Lmao
Uh what?
This is kind of the reason why I stopped trying to defend the idea of a FNaF chapter. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but people in the forums are pretty entitled to their opinions (and that's not restrictive to FNaF), so why even bother trying to change them?
People can like whatever they so chose, and I'm not here to tell them they shouldn't. I just wish everyone gave the games a fair chance, because when threads like these appear, it's evident who did and who didn't.
Scary Stories is still considered a kids book though, the publisher and editor (author had died) during that fought back saying they were appropriate for kids. It's why they're still in elementary school book fairs and kids sections of book stores.
Fnaf is already available in elementary schools at the scholastic book fairs - it's where my nephew got his first one. School library I can't vouch for only because my nephew avoided his since he didn't like the librarian. I'd think by now the parents groups that jump at any chance to push censorship for kids would've said something about the books being in kids section instead of teen/young adult in book stores or being in elementary school book fairs but they've been quiet. Until it's moved out of kids section/elementary school book fairs it's going to continue being considered a kids book like Scary Stories.
These FnaF discussions where people go against each other remind me of one joke
3 men are arguing ... One against two. The first one exactly knows that he is right, but the other 2 don't want to listen to anything. Then the first man addresses God:
"God, give them a sign that I'm right!"
... here, out of nowhere, clouds are flying, the sky has turned black, the war has begun thunderstorm...
Two men say: well, this is an accident!
The first man:
"Oh, God, give me an even more convincing sign!"
... there is a terrible thunder, lightning hits a pine tree, and it burns...
Two Man:
"That doesn't mean anything!"
The first man tears his hair out:
- AAAAAA!!!! My God! You see, nothing works on them!!! Tell me tell them I'm right!
... here the clouds fly away, and a voice from the sky:
"YOU'RE RIGHT!
Two men (chorus):
"Two against two doesn't mean anything!"
Back to the topic, I believe ANY killer has a chance. As BHVR showed at demogorgon, who is, at least for me, a pinnacle of their visual and sound design, they can make any killer awesome and fitting. If FnaF goes through, I willing to bet money that almost everyone would change their mind once they get to see trailer and Springtrap in actual action in game.
A bit offtop, but aren't there action figures and toys of famous killers like Myers (I even have one), Freddy or Bubba. Some of them are collectibles, but others are definitely kids toys, but it doesn't make the OG product something for kids. Same goes for any other merchandise for any other franchise.