How often do you use blood when tracking as killer?

I got curious after seeing a thread about Lucky Break, so I wanted to know how many people use blood on a regular basis. I know the options are a little vague but just choose what fits you best.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • All the time. Specially when the survivor got distance and stopped running, so you can follow the blood polls easily. Also helps against Iron Will for same reason.

  • @Cancan71 said:

    I got curious after seeing a thread about Lucky Break, so I wanted to know how many people use blood on a regular basis. I know the options are a little vague but just choose what fits you best.

  • Only with fathers glasses spirit or if I see blood lead to a locker.

  • @OBX said:

    Only with fathers glasses spirit or if I see blood lead to a locker.

    Same as me. I find that the most useful thing about blood is that it's a pretty big indicator of a survivor entering a locker.

  • I can't F'N see it! (Ps4)

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    I can't F'N see it! (Ps4)

    That's a big thing with blood. A lot of maps have really dark floors that hide blood very well.

  • Only when searching for a silent slug

  • It’s too dark on most maps.

  • A lot of maps have floors too dark to even see blood. Otherwise I usually only use it if I lose scratch marks or see some just on the floor while I'm patrolling.

  • That’s on PS4. If you play mobile, scratch marks are useless and blood very bright, therefore a vital tracking tool.

  • It's more precise than scratchmarks and it can't be controlled by survivors so it's an amazing tracking tool to avoid being juked.

  • I'm not color blind but I can barely see it on most maps.

  • I only use it on indoor maps where you can actually see it and the survivor thinks they're smart enough to end their scratches and walk around a few corners (nope lol)

  • Scratch marks mask blood trails, and even when they’re walking the blood still blends in with the ground sometimes. The only time I get use out of it is whenever I see some by luck, or see a trail on the well-lit floor. When it comes down to blood, I usually lose the chase.

  • I never run perks that let me see blood. I mostly use scratch marks and sounds to find Survivors.

  • The only time blood is visible is when I have Bloodhound equipped.

    The floor is too dark on most maps.

  • Blood is too dark :(

  • tbh I'm too blind to do so

  • All the time specially when i don't have any scratch marks to follow, and even if I do, I track the blood too.

  • The only time I have ever used blood is to see where downed survivors have crawled to

  • Sometimes its not necessary to follow blood trails. Either noises, scratch marks, or just plain out seeing the survivor will direct you the right way.

    My way of finding people who are injured are in this order: Birds -> Noises -> Scratch marks -> Blood

  • I only use blood when tracking slugs, I just can't manage to use it properly it almost any other situation.

  • Maps are often way too dark for blood. The only times it's ever been useful are at lockers and on indoor maps. Beyond that, I barely even notice it exists.

  • I almost always use blood to figure out where survivors are hiding after they stopped running.

  • I use it when I know that an injured survivor is in the area and they're not sprinting. Other than that, I don't find it reliable.

  • Been honest, i havent seen blood yet couse of dark ground, i just follow the sound and marks

  • I can only see it on indoor maps or with bloodhound

  • I think about half sounds right. It's not the first thing I'll use, but I have caught iron will survivors trying to hide by using their blood.

  • Most of the time I use sound or scratch marks, I will use it if its the most clear indication of where survivors are though.

  • Depends on the map. Normally, on indoor maps with clean floor such as Hawkins and The Game I much prefer looking for blood since it is much more of a precise tracking tool than scratch marks. However, on outdoor maps, mainly the ones with lots of grass, such as Yamaoka State, the Swamp and the Red Forest I simply ignore it, because it is so hard to see.

  • If map is bright and there are no scratch mark and survivor has Iron Will - I will probably make use of blood.

    If survivor is on the ground and I can't hear them, but can see their blood trail - I will probably make use of blood.

    In all the other situations - no. Sounds, scratch marks and surroundings are way more useful.

  • I rarely use it, but it's not that it's not useful, it's that most of the time scratch marks and sound are sufficient. As soon as someone tries to stealth after breaking line of sight I try to see blood where the scratch marks end.

    Hemmorage is useless though.

  • only if I notice it and theres nothing else to use.