Well it's my time to leave this community, it's been some fun 4 years <3

Hey all, today I leave the dead by daylight community and wanted to make a text regarding everything


I've started playing DBD during the beta and haven't stopped since, got 1784 hours! Been making videos and memes throughout this 4 years but today it has come to an end

I want to thank most devs and part of the community for this 4 years but everything good must come to an end, I feel like the game has reached it's peak for me, where I am not having fun anymore, and the community has become too toxic for my mental health,putting me on a depressed state after each game after constant death threats and insults.

DBD helped me make some friends and feel I was part of a community which I thank you all for, but It's time for me to go and with the current direction the game is taking this feels the apropriate time to leave

soo I wanna thank all the devs and every good member of the community <3

it was a good run

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • see ya in two weeks.

  • Why even post about it. Just uninstall the game and play something else.


    Sorry to say this, but there is honestly no one on this forum who cares about if a person would leave the game or not.

  • community is toxic,that's why I dont care most of the times,I appreciate the ones who are not though,devs dont make any service to the game,making it less frustrating

  • If you really feel that way, then I shall wish you good luck and see you on the other side of the fog! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

  • @Thatbrownmonster as someone who has been here since day 1 of the Forums pretty much, I'll be sorry to see you go - we might not have agreed on everything over the past couple of years, but it's always been respectful with you and I appreciate that greatly. Good luck in the future, hope to see you back at some point though <3

  • @CrusaderNella said:

    Why even post about it. Just uninstall the game and play something else.

    Sorry to say this, but there is honestly no one on this forum who cares about if a person would leave the game or not.

    Thats by the way what he meant as toxic community. Just let him have his last post and if you don't care then ignore it. There may be some people that actually care and want to say goodbye or have a good day.

    @OP Have a good one mate.

  • Bye, friend. Deadly Premonition 2 is coming out. Let me suggest that as a game for you. I'm so excited about it! 😍

  • @mottigedel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1428101#Comment_1428101

    some ppl like to have that recognition that they were important in the game community. They feed on attention to give them a bigger ego. i 've seen this a lot in people in the real world too. absolutely disgusting behaviour

    A think characterising a friendly goodbye message as "absolutely disgusting behaviour" is a bit excessive

  • There are a lot of great video games out there. I hope you'll find a new favourite soon and that it never comes to a point again where you feel that a video game and its community has a negative impact on your mental health.

    Take care!

  • A lot of saddening negative responses to this thread.

    It will be sad to see a veteran go from a beloved game I've always supported, I kind of relate to you as I'm considering moving on from this game and finding another to support.

    Dead by Daylight has always been my go-too game for escapism and to have fun, but with how things are being managed lately, I'm considering dropping the game.

  • @mottigedel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1428168#Comment_1428168

    thanks for letting us know. you will make a special goodbye message too soon? looking forward to that!

    K

  • There's nothing wrong with leaving a game when you're not having fun anymore. It's neither a religion, nor a job. I left in the middle of Tome 1 and came back a week ago. Even if you leave, you can always come back if the mood strikes you, you still own the game. There are quite a bit good games out there to explore so you can see every end as a new beginning ;)

    Untitled Image


  • he/she will play dbd in some months.

  • @CrusaderNella said:

    Why even post about it. Just uninstall the game and play something else.

    Sorry to say this, but there is honestly no one on this forum who cares about if a person would leave the game or not.

    Just because you dont care doesnt mean nobody cares, speak for yourself.

  • @Elena said:

    A lot of saddening negative responses to this thread.

    It will be sad to see a veteran go from a beloved game I've always supported, I kind of relate to you as I'm considering moving on from this game and finding another to support.

    Dead by Daylight has always been my go-too game for escapism and to have fun, but with how things are being managed lately, I'm considering dropping the game.

    The only thing DbD helps me to "escape" from lately is a good mood. 😁

    @OP Sorry you had to go, good luck in your future gaming endeavors!

  • Sad to see a veteran and active forums user go good luck on what awaits you next its been real much love <3

  • See you when the next chapter drops!

    On a serious note: If you really leave forever I hope you'll find a more entertaining game with a wholesome community. DBD's community can be exhausting and you have to be oblivious to consider this fact undetectable. Don't let your health get exposed over a game otherwise it may cause psychological madness or deep wounds that may affect your daily life forcing you to snap out of it in the long run.

  • @CrusaderNella said:

    Why even post about it. Just uninstall the game and play something else.

    Sorry to say this, but there is honestly no one on this forum who cares about if a person would leave the game or not.

    On a real note you do realize this person posted to give feedback if you think its wrong to give feedback sorry to be the one to tell you but you and the 8 others who liked your post are the problem and why this game will remain in a total snore fest because you like the developers dont take feedback seriously.

  • See ya. Hope you find something else that you enjoy playing.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1428101#Comment_1428101

    On a real note you do realize this person posted to give feedback if you think its wrong to give feedback sorry to be the one to tell you but you and the 8 others who liked your post are the problem and why this game will remain in a total snore fest because you like the developers dont take feedback seriously.

    Feedback that either directly insults the devs or that says β€žI will leave for goodβ€œ are not really constructive though. I would say the devs listen way more than they get credit for.

    also the person actually said the main reason is the toxic community, with death threats etc and the devs do take these kind of things seriously if they get properly reported. They can’t really take action before though..

  • @CrusaderNella said:

    Why even post about it. Just uninstall the game and play something else.

    Sorry to say this, but there is honestly no one on this forum who cares about if a person would leave the game or not.

    Why even come here and post toxic stuff and make yourself look like a total asshat? The guy was thanking the part of the community that wasn't toxic to him, and all the devs. People like you need to grow the ######### up, seriously...

  • I feel ya man. I'm pretty close too. Been playing since release on ps4, and it just keeps getting worse and worse. After 3 years, you would think the game would at least be properly optimized. It's not that big a deal for survivor, but for killer, it's literally a KILLER. I'm waiting for another company to come out w a similar game that finally either kills this, or makes them get there heads outta there ass and start getting more serious w bug fixes and proper optimization for consoles, instead of 200 new cosmetics and a broken chapter...

  • Well, the only time I had you as Killer, you were the insulting part.

    But see you next week I guess.

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    I feel ya man. I'm pretty close too. Been playing since release on ps4, and it just keeps getting worse and worse. After 3 years, you would think the game would at least be properly optimized. It's not that big a deal for survivor, but for killer, it's literally a KILLER. I'm waiting for another company to come out w a similar game that finally either kills this, or makes them get there heads outta there ass and start getting more serious w bug fixes and proper optimization for consoles, instead of 200 new cosmetics and a broken chapter...

    Didnt you already want to quit with the Ruin Rework? I swear, this might be the third time I see you writing that you quit.

  • damn this dbd community is toxic just against a dude leaving like ######### man can you guys for 5 mins stop being so annoying

    see ya op

  • I know I'm playing it less and less and only as survivor, I found DayZ interesting

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    see ya in two weeks.

    3 days he will return haha

  • Fare thee well, good sir. Maybe play some good single player story driven games to get away from the toxicity of multiplayer games.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1428355#Comment_1428355

    Didnt you already want to quit with the Ruin Rework? I swear, this might be the third time I see you writing that you quit.

    No, but nice try. Anymore toxic fumes left there buddy? Sounds like you need a snickers, and a hug big fella.

  • Goodbye, check in every now and again, you never know when things will change.

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1429188#Comment_1429188

    No, but nice try. Anymore toxic fumes left there buddy? Sounds like you need a snickers, and a hug big fella.

    @ThisGuuy83 said:

    There's better games out to play that are constantly updating and adding NEW things to there game. The core of DBD has been the same since release. Killer is way to stressful now, and surv is op as hell. Nothing has changed with the objective though, and it's just.... Boring, to be honest.

    Ok.

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1429338#Comment_1429338

    Ooo good for you. What does that show? How much more toxic you can be? Get a life and grow up dude... Jeez...

    More like: People who write that they quit will not actually quit.

    (But hey, at least it gives a ton of Upvotes for Killers if they say they quit!)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1429346#Comment_1429346

    More like: People who write that they quit will not actually quit.

    (But hey, at least it gives a ton of Upvotes for Killers if they say they quit!)

    1x6nad.jpg


  • See ya in the fog :)

  • @Buttercake said:

    Bye, friend. Deadly Premonition 2 is coming out. Let me suggest that as a game for you. I'm so excited about it! 😍

    uhh yea boi

  • It's good to take breaks from DBD, it can get exhausting. Hope to see you back soon.

  • @FogLurker said:

    Fare thee well, good sir. Maybe play some good single player story driven games to get away from the toxicity of multiplayer games.

    That's what I've started doing now. Spent the past 3 years playing COD and fifa. Dbd is the only multilayer game I touch now. Most multilayer games get people way too addicted to winning rather than playing

  • DBD community in a nutshell.

    stay for the memes